Only the best video game music thread

Alright niggers, every time we have vidya music threads they're always full of generic Hans Zimmar ripoff Hollywood score hack garbage, chiptunes, or shitty music full of sampled sounds because they're from your favorite games

I want only the best video game music ITT; music where production quality was given a high level of priority.

I'll start off with the Grammy award winning Baba Yetu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d69ma7sGPbY?t=1m27s
youtu.be/YW9QKy6oDkE
youtube.com/watch?v=rjjpg9BZY9Y
dubtrack.fm/join/8chanv-video-games
youtube.com/watch?v=uRvOQkHtLL4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you mean stuff like Tumblrtale's music or anything from the nes-snes era? If the latter then why are you excluding music from pre-5th gen games? Old Sonic games are unmatched in the melody department.

I've heard Sims music used in other media. The music was all made for the Sims specifically so it still counts. But I believe FOX owns the music and has all of it in a sound library

Baba Yetu was absolute shit I honestly think it's a meme tune that people say is good because they want to seem smart or well cultured or something retarded like that.

Was it ever confirmed Micheal Jackson helped make music for the original Sanic games?

Yet.
Brax or whatever his name is helped too.

This is pretty cool for a mobile game. By the same guy who made the music for several Tales Of games.

Your feeling of helplessness is your best friend, savage.

Never fails to hype me up.

Why was the music for these games so damn good? I was just replaying Galaxy 2 in Dolphin and fuck man I can't get this song out of my head. I remember reading an interview about the music made for this game and a lot of songs were scrapped and rewritten because Koji Kondo didn't approve as he was the supervisor. But thankfully he didn't conduct any of the songs

Mobile games can have pretty kickass music.

Agreed.

Chills.

meant to post this version. But I wont delete my post

OP your tastes are shit and your mouth is full of cock.

The definitive best.

Posting my best sonic soundtrack.

okay

Yoko Taro is a god, and the musicians are the messengers of light.

That one's my personal favorite from Nier.

God I wish Phantom Pain had in-game music like this.

SNK makes god tier OSTs

Again no one posted this diamond

Neat

If we're going to post amazing KoF music we'd be here all day

They can, and say what you will about embed related but the song is actually bretty good for what it is.

It didn't win, but the OST was nominated for a Grammy.

One of the things I admire about the Grand Theft Auto series is that as mind-numbing as the gameplay is, they put a lot of quality effort into the artwork and the themes and it really captures the essence of the setting.

The last time I tried to drink rum, it tasted like what rubbing alcohol smells like, cold and stingy. I wish I could drink it.

Love the drug song

Puts me in a good mood

Rum in modern day is a meme.

Why is the Sonic franchise the only one that treats the violin right?

All alcohol is just a cheaper form of older alcohols. That's why hopped beers taste like piss, because it's cheaper, faster to make, and lasts longer than gruit.

Some of it has been later designed to taste good. Unlike rum. But you are right, hop ruins good beer and is completely unnecessary when you make it yourself.

Coils of Light
One of the best boss themes in vidya, bar none. Not only does its somber tone set the stage for the grim task before the player, but the lyrics of the song are actually reflecting Daimon's inner thoughts and kampf.

Fantastic tune with respect to its appearance in the game. It perfectly sets the tone and mood for a life-devouring session of Civ4.

Again, with respect to its place in the game, this theme is great. There's a lot of downtime in MH3U, and you spend almost all of it confined to a small lobby area. This music makes that time feel almost like a chill vacation rather than a prison sentence.

Say what you will about the modern game industry but the soundtracks are usually of high quality.
Disregarding the generic orchestra shit that we get a bit too often.

Vid unrelated.

Fuck you I like it and more games should have soundtracks made by garage bands.

The journey begins

IT STARTS FROM WITHIN

Fun Fact: Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War's soundtrack took 3 years to complete, making it the largest and most expensive soundtrack in Namco's history.

It shows.

I always get a little choked up in the ending

We need more WebMs in this thread

Fresh WebM

Every time.

I still haven't finished DS1 (or 2, don't own 3)

Blizzard has done tons of good music.

They're very good rides, so you should go finish them. For me, the best parts of 1 and 3 are the ends, which aren't talked about as often but are major highlights. I wasn't enjoying DS1 that much until I actually got to Gwyn, at which point everything started making sense.

You can skip 2 if you're scarce for time, but be sure not to touch 3 until you finish 1

Today.

I will remind them.

Why Sentai pandering is the best.

You ain't got nothin' on
THE MAD MIDGET FIVE

Damn, I really need to finish that game one of those days. Have some not powerman 5000.

The actual group was so salty everyone forgot about them they tried to sue the company who made this song.

Can't forget this, one of the first game soundtracks I remember putting in the CD player on it's own back in the day (fortunately my player just skipped data tracks).

My nigger, so did I

Tropico 2 had a surprisingly good soundtrack. It's a good part of what made the game so addictive.

Tropico in general had good soundtrack

i remember hearing about this, but did they get the harsh reality check that japans musical copyright laws are seemingly nonexistant?

True. It put you in the mood perfectly. I was only mentioning Tropico 2 because it's widely considered the weakest game in the series. It's rather unfair in my opinion although it does play more like a very well made total conversion mod than a full on sequel. At least Tropico 1 and 2 are actually mildly difficult upon occasion while 3, 4 and 5 are almost impossible to lose for anyone with half a brain.

holy shit that's blatant

stay classy japs

Good job you ruined your own thread in the second post retard. Galaxy's soundtrack was uninspired as fuck. You don't waste an orchestra full of instruments on simple tunes.

Of course. The FF 14 players laughed at him. The internet laughed at them, and then finally SE laughed at them while issuing a press statement pretty much saying "lol, fair use law. :^)". Have some deep vocals in a vidya. For all the shit this has for an MMO at least the music is pretty damn varied when they try.

i've heard this one, it's fuckin' cool

Gundam Breaker is fucking amazing

Good will in an MMO? Let me ruin your ears then m8.

i'm familiar with this one, i have friends that play this game so i've seen the links to some of their more nonsense shit

Thank god. I didn't want to post the shiva fight with lyrics. Instead let me post the best mario rpg song from the best mario rpg game.

/thread

You can't call /thread on your own shit

I just did, what are you gonna do about it faggot.

what game was that song in

frank klepacki

You fags aren't even trying in here.

This ad is the reason why I bought a PS2

Step it up seriously.

not everyone had a dreambox

winky face

you seem upset user.

just post music and don't bitch.

How embarrassing.

my generic animu electronica is better than your generic animu electronica

normalfag pls

I did have one but not for more then a week cause the power outage shorted out the piece of shit. The dreamcast got fried so my dad went to go pick one up but they were out so i ended up with n64, thou my cousins had one I didn't visit them offend only games I recall play on the dreamcast were power stone and Sanic adventures

t. psx user

It's called a ps1 nigger

Actually it's just the PLAYSTATION.

Apparently this guy composes for orchestras now. Not surprised.

Actually it's the Pray stei shon

Modern game music does not sound like game music. Fuck that wimpy Baba Yetu shit. Game music is supposed to get you pumped and ready to kick ass!

Whoops, that's right. I forgot nintendo went full kike and asked Phillips to do it cheaper. Wonder how nintendo's first foray into the age of CDs went. :^)

This user gets it.

Disgusting

How about this?

the only good one you posted is Bayo

Juunen hayain da yo!

At least you didn't post from bayo2.

What's wrong with Bayo 2?

get out

Bayo2 was the episode 1 of the series. It told a story no one asked for while not even delivering the action the first one did. Nintendo paid for the whole thing and it shows.

It's shit

Filtered

You're lucky you're on the internet

Says the faggot who posted the most cringe inducing KH song.

wow, the salt is real

Yes you did say

Whoops, forgot that we can't say that here. Now how about those other points you conveniently decided to gloss over?

Nobody can just do it for you
It's time that you knew
It's up to you to love
It's up to you to shine
The light true and blue

Bayonetta is a type of game that doesn't need to have big areas. In Bayo 1 all the areas where considerably small and that's fine because it's not an open world game.
Enemies were reused a lot on Bayo 1 (and Bayo 1 introduced a lot of new ones anyway).
And nobody plays an action game for the story. Bayo 2 expanded on the Inferno lore which was nice.
It has the same amount of action, if not more, than the first game.

It's fine if you like Bayo 1 more, but Bayo 2 is also great. Post a time stamped pic of your Bayo 2 and let's see if you actually played it.

How can I timestamp an ISO I have on my SD card loaded on my used wii u with homebrew?

Post time stamped pic of your WiiU with Bayo on it then.

Jesus that's embarrassing. Have more Ishida goodness.

Andrew Saga.

Feel free to assume i'm "salty". I would bet your kind would defend DmC2 if it was a gamecube exclusive.

There's nothing wrong with Bayo 2 at all, but I just didn't think it was as great as the original. It's still a great game.

lol, I know you don't own the console and never played the game.
but don't give up user, I heard CEMU is making good progress.

I'm very far from being a fanboy like you, I just enjoy software, regardless of publisher or system.

I'll give them that. Bayo2 was a good game. It's a damn shame 1 was better. If the games came out the other way around then it would feel more natural. Bayo2 felt more like a DLC to the first game than it's own thing.

I wonder if anyone still plays this game

That's a respectable opinion user.

I liked the overall "feel" of Bayo 1 better, maybe because I played it first.
But Bayo 2 feels slicker and fixed the ONE thing I didn't like about Bayo 1: instakill QTEs.

Thunder Force IV is better and has a better soundtrack

waiting for cemu

Like I said, feel free to call me a liar all you want just because I don't feel like going to hook back up my wii u just to prove some faggot on the internet wrong.

>implying sontendo domination with a side of PC isn't where it's at

Both are great but I'm partial to III's more synth-driven soundtrack than VI's "chiptune metal" one, but it's also amazing.

Don't take it too seriously anyway. I'm just surprised there's still people salty about Bayo 2 going exclusive to Nintendo. It was very evident by your posts that you were upset about that, even calling me a nintendo fanboy by implying I'd defend a game if it was GC exclusive or something. That's what I call projection.

Ocarina of Time - Gerudo Valley
Posting the best mix ever of it: this is how it should have played.

I thought Firaxis just picked a Christopher Tin song but turns out he was actually the roommate of Soren Johnson (the real lead of Civ 4) and Tin composed the song based on the positives aspects of humanity. Only later it was added to his own album (which is the version OP posted, it lacks the orchestrated punch of the game version).

good taste.

Love me some SNK fighting games OSTs

Homebrew on the wiiu is piss easy m8, you dont have to wait on anything but downloading the game.

Sure, i'll give you that but considering how well received amiibos were accepted at one point on Holla Forums are you really going to say that there isn't a problem with nintendo fanboys here? That said, I still stick by the fact that I think bayo2 felt really fucking lackluster compared to the first one. The QTE removal was nice but everything else was so fucking bland compared to the first one I forgot all about the lack of QTEs in the second one.

Wind Waker - Dragon Roost Island

Like Gerudo Valley, you realize immediatly that this song is something else.

Something it bothered me from the stupid HD version is that they removed the bass that starts at 00:27 in the GameCube version.

Icewind Dale - Main Theme

This one is from before Jeremy Soule worked with Bethesda.

Fanboys gonna fanboy, I dislike fanboys in general, not just Nintendo ones.
I really liked Bayo 2 and am glad it exists. It fixed my Bayo carving. I've replayed both games plenty of times and unlocked everything, I probably even poured more hours on Bayo 2 due to MP.

Red Alert - Hell March

I'll not complain about the next versions of Hell March, but the first one was so good you could have it on repeat on every map.

Minecraft - Mice on Venus

Comfyness at its finest

good ol jeremy. whats this motherfucker up to now?

I'll look into it, thanks.

Super Metroid - Ridley's Theme

I'll admit that Other M's version works perfectly as an escape self-destruction music. (The technical quality of the cinematics was also good and that's it).

You know, you make a lot of sense until the end there. Tacked on multiplayer in a single player game is one of the earliest caner I can remember infecting video games.

Co-op games are fine back in the day and if anything we need some fresh blood to bring that style back.

I had some fun playing with another guy but yeah it's not the meat of the game, just a nice little extra.
I wish it had couch co-op but I guess that'd need split screen.

Jet Set Willy - Theme

Game is garbage and was glitched, but the music still sounds good. Not sure how it sounds in other versions (if it sounds at all), so posting the Atari version. If there was one thing that the Atari 800 was better than the Commodore 64, it was probably the music.

I hope he's doing fine.

ANIME

Megaman 5 - Protoman's Castle
The original version is kinda better but the Complete Works (posted here) is good too.

Jesus fuck, I forgot that song alone made me hype since I love srpg games and that game was pretty damn nice looking at the time.

Speaking of which, when you posted that I was reminded of this song from my old ps2 days.

CastleVania II: Simon's Quest - Bloody Tears

Originally composed for the third stage of Castlevania for arcades (here it was called "Haunted Castle"; could have been worse), the game was delayed and the famicom devs copied and used it as the "Day Theme". There's a million covers of it and everybody has their favorite version. The NES version is mine.

Yes. A lot of tracks on HIStory have basically demo versions in Sonic 3, such as Jam (Carnival Night) and Stranger in Moscow (the end credits theme). Brad Buxler, one of Jackson's assistants, also confirmed this.

Haunted Castle has some seriously god-tier music

Cave Story - Mischievous Robot

The soundtrack must have at least 4 versions.
- The original, freeware version
- The remastered version, which is essentialy the same as the original but with better arrangements and "instruments". Used in the first version of the Wii CS.
- The new version. Took some liberties and not everyone likes it. Used in the patched version of the Wii CS.
- The 3DS version.
I believe the Steam game lets you choose between the original, remastered and new versions.

By the way, I'm posting the new version.

Sonic & Knuckles - Sky Sanctuary

I remember being in shock the first time I got there.
Posting a remix again.

Nobody doubts that he was involved in Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
Supposedly his songs were removed from the game. Only some years ago I discovered his influence prevailed.

This.

luv u 2 op

Mah nigga.

>Bayo 2 is shit because it had small environments and reused enemies
Did this nigger even play the first game?

However, the most rumored one, Ice Cap, was not related to MJ. In fact, Brad Buxer had recycled an unreleased song by his old band.

Nah you guys are alright

Don't go the game store

get on my level

At least post the better mix.

Yeah you should definitely visit the game store tomorrow

There is nothing left for us here… Let's go.

Stay awhile and listen.

Soviet power supreme

I'm faster than lightning!

Final Fantasy IV - Main Theme (Overworld)

To be both the overworld and widely considered to be the main them of the game, it's a pretty melancholic and deep theme that speaks of how complex is life and how hopeless it is to make things right.

Yeah. My fav is the first stage theme.
I forgot to mention that in Castlevania II they internally named the song as Bloody Tears but unless you played Haunted Castle you wouldn't get why is it called like that:
youtu.be/d69ma7sGPbY?t=1m27s

Megaman 2 - Dr. Wily's Castle (first stages)

This one really touched a nerve and awakens memories in oldfags all around the world.

Since everyone heard it by now, I'll post the Okkusenman version.
You should also check this cover:
youtu.be/YW9QKy6oDkE

Does Percival have any pure medieval albums? I tried a couple of them but they all had modern-ish songs and shit on them and I want something more like TW3's soundtrack.

I went back and finished it recently. I had plenty of fun with it. I was tempted to go for a fully built Ether Blossom build and build an ARES skell but then I had a bout of existential doubt at the time it would take and shied away from it.

Posting comfiest slav music.

Thank you for not just dumping embeds and for having taste.

Thanks for commenting

youtube.com/watch?v=ftWRSvRbUV0?t=21m29s

i cri evr y tme

passing by to drop superior taste

Also, who can forget
SUPASANIC

Probably one of favorite boss themes, it's simple but fits the setting of the underwater ruin and this ancient leviathan so well

Closure fitted perfectly for the mission it played
god damn it

Good taste user, MonHun has great fucking tunes. By the way for those interested, the lyrics are a fake language and actually do have a meaning

We ask of the meaning of life
We ask of the image of life
Now, let us give birth to a new song

The sound of the sea is the chain of life
Resonating with life, hailing the earth
The liberty of life, the harmony of the sun
It is the song that connects us all

This voice of the sea is the melody of life
The tune of life, the beat of the earth
The breath of life, the harmony of the sun
It is the song that we all sing

All will chant
Wishing for will and heart
All will raise their instruments
Imagination, desire, and thought
A new song, birthed within us.

Tahira (not Shakira)

Rareware makes best music!

GENTLEMEN
IT'S A NUCLEAR DEVICE
TIME IS RUNNING OUT

Platinum taste

Inda Glop Oda Krell from good'ol Zak McKracken

This one is pretty good, tough it's just a remix from the original Ninja Gaiden 2

Listen to this completely

this song is 11/10

wew

More people need to play Freespace 2.

i did! i played it all the time

Disgusting
And may he rest in peace

bump

thats a hell of a song user

well whats the room called user?

noice

bonus with this, as its not original but is perfect for the game end
youtube.com/watch?v=rjjpg9BZY9Y

dubtrack.fm/join/8chanv-video-games

quality music

Always top tier music.

I am going to call you a newfag and tell you to lurk more, also your song was shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=uRvOQkHtLL4

some comfy vidya tunes here
>>>/r9k/148586
t. robot

There's no topping this game's soundtrack. Quality, quantity, variety, it has it all. It's a large amalgam of genres, and does them all absolutely right. Each track is a masterpiece.
And this embed is just a fraction of it.

Patrician taste fam.

can anybody recommend more stuff from amon tobin? or even music like this in general.

that's my ringtone right there. it's also part of my childhood

what kinda shit thread is this

Sequel also had some gems