Diablo II

I've played plenty of Diablo 1 and I never really bothered to tackle 2, as it seemed to stray too far from Diablo 1, but nevertheless, I eventually gave it a shot, I'm playing it with the lords of destruction expansion, and so far I'm having much fun playing as the Druid with a summoner build, I really like summoning in games and having my own little army, but I'm not halfway through the game and already it seems pretty easy, could be that I have a tiny army of animals at my disposal, but even then, I am loaded with potions and magical items that boost my stats considerably.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this supposed to be happening? Does the game get challenging later on?

Other urls found in this thread:

strangebytes.com/index.php/projects/1-diablo-1-windows-7-vista-patch=60
annihilus.net/content.php?tabid=109
us.battle.net/support/en/article/100638
us.battle.net/support/en/article/classic-game-patches
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_MKcrNsKcK6Zjg2NzYwOTMtYTQ3OC00M2FmLTliYzgtMTNlZDcyMTAyNzcx/view?hl=en
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15439959/Archived/Diablo II 1.13c txt.zip
pvpgn.pl/d2gs/
ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/patches/PC/game-lod.zip
ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/patches/PC/LOD_109d.exe
diablofixed.wordpress.com/
thedark5.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=998&PN=6:
lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-12422.html
i.imgur.com/bTa6tVi.png
mega.nz/#!bc0wXAzJ!RGEM6TWX8u_4b2GygfwPc8HRpBxYsg08ZHUlpxjxrsg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shameless Self Bump.

Wait until you encounter immunities in Nightmare mode.

the first run through is always easy except a few select spots FUCKING DURIEL
the real game doesnt start until nightmare
infuriating bullshit starts in hell

Meant for

It's a different game with Hell difficulty. Definitely fun. I could play 1 and 2 pretty much fucking forever. I'd like to run through 1 again with multiplayer.

My first playthrough Act 3 was a pain, so was Mephisto and Diablo. That was years ago, so I don't even remember which patch and I had no clue where things were. I was a Sorceress.
I still like Diablo 1 more, but I've grown to like Diablo 2 a lot since I finally did Hell difficulty on my own. I never really got into the game as much as others.

Act I
Act II
Act V
Act IV
Act III

I used to hate Act III, felt like such a fucking slog all the way to the council. I like it more in retrospect and don't mind it as much now, it feels like what was probably intended, a long fucking march through the jungle to a final destination.

Reminiscing about 1 and 2 just remind me of what a mindless fucking light show 3 is.

Act I is so goddamn good, with all the great music, boss creatures, crumbling ruins, and dat monastery

Currently playing, about to finish act I, I have a shit ton of potions and money, how is the difficulty curve? I want to put my potions to use for once.

You can scale up the drops and difficulty by typing /players 8 in the message box

I don't really like Diablo II, it feels like all I'm doing is wandering around these admittedly cool areas aimlessly until I find a dungeon,
then I better hope I stocked up on scrolls of town portal because every 3 rooms I have to make a trip back.

I will admit the drops are usually cool. Though it doesn't take much to get better than Diablo 3's system of just looking for your main stat.

Am I just playing with a shit build?

I miss necromancer and pre-nerf corpse explosion. Good times.

Just do like me and spawn minions, and abuse the power of those diamonds/sapphires/rubies, currently I got a crossbow that does both poison and ice damage, most enemies explode into a shower of ice bits in one shot.

Youre in the first fifth of the game and level 13 or so. Cmon user this is the introductory area

Why? You can follow the footpaths and map features to find areas. You'll instantly recognize them after playing enough. I skip all blue drops and only take rares, gems, runes, uniques, and set items. Normal items are garbage until you use runewords. The only exception is rings and amulets i almost always take those. I can cross half an act without dumping my inventory

at that point you should, imo always take every green item you find, as well as every armor from studded leather on up to vendor, even if its white, and grey ring mail on up too

Got cucked with Windows 10. What's the best torrent and fix for it?

Act III's problem is that it's so samey and dull. There's no variety or distinctness. You can do a slog through a jungle and make it enjoyable (eg Guild Wars' Maguuma Jungle, incidentally a game made by many of the same developers), Act III was just badly done IMO.

It got good at the end of the act, though, precisely because the areas finally changed up.

It jumps in difficulty come Act II. A lot.

Write /players 8 like everyfuckingperson does while playing this game you casual.

Putting /players 8 increases the drop rate, increases the difficulty a fucking lot as well. And its the difficulty that EVERY veteran plays the game while soloing. Playing with more people is literally easier since it's still with Players 8 with an extra guy helping you out.

And do not, I repeat, do not listen to the faggots that shout "go Paladin", it's the most boring character in the entire fucking game. They don't fucking die and take ages to kill a single enemy, it's like playing Runescape all over again naked against high level guys while you spend all your inventory healing yourself with infinite food. Play whatever the fuck you want except Paladins for that matter.

Son I don't think you've ever played a hammerdin or zealadin.

Act III has both jungles for miles AND sewers for miles. It's like they were trying to make a bad part of the game.

>+XX% CHANCE OF FINDING MAGIC ITEMS DOES NOT ACTUALLY INCREASE THE CHANCE OF FINDING MAGIC ITEMS
>+XX% CHANCE OF FINDING MAGIC ITEMS DOES NOT ACTUALLY INCREASE THE CHANCE OF FINDING MAGIC ITEMS

I have played a hammerdin, and it was horribly boring. I would take a summoner and scratch my balls before playing that.

Clearly not, or you wouldn't think that they "take ages to kill a single enemy".

Act 2 gets a lot more difficult as you start facing enemies with high elemental damages and some resistances. It gets even better towards the end of the act as well

Unless you are buying or trading for the gear you need then yea its going to be really fucking slow. Game would be even better if they removed sorcs and trap assassins. Best paladin builds are sacrifice and charge. fight me homos

Yes it does you asshat.

Internally a monster might have a 44 in N chance of dropping a normal item and a 44 in N chance of dropping a magic item (similarly for rare, set, and unique). In this case N would equal 44x5=220, so a 44/220 chance or 1/5 chance of each.

If you have 150% MF this would result in 44x2.5=110 weighting which is then superior for magic items over whites. Rares etc are tiered via unique > set > rare, with a diminishing MF effect on each quality but overall it vastly improves your drop rates.

GUISE WHAT IS DIMINISHING RETURNS

Yea you are fucked. You would be better with a fishymancer(skeleton necromancer) if you want to go the summons route.

I don't know, with Druid i got what I wanted:

5 Crows, 5 Wolves, 1 Tentacle thingy, 1 floaty thingy that gives health, and a companion.

I ain't gotta do shit but spam fire just to tip the odds.

Someone pick a class / skill combo for me. I need a trip down memory lane.

Those skills are terrible. You won't make it very far in hell mode.

You'll find that changes once you get out of Act I.

Err Oak Spirit isn't bad, but people only really use it with a hoto.

Normal difficulty is easy as shit. You have to beat the game to unlock nightmare difficulty.

It's his first time. Let him stumble about learning things and experience the game properly.

Skelemancer is always the best build

Go bone necro.
No summons but curses allowed.

It's Anu'barak.

How terrible? So far I'm going pretty well for myself in the second stage.

What about poison? Its in the same tree.

user, just trust me here. I wasted a significant portion of my youth on this game.

user you're scaring me, what exactly is wrong?

Where were you when Blizzard couldn't even remember the right color for Mr. Scythe Arms?

You see this fucker here?
Well, with what you have, even with /players 1 you are not going to kill him unless you bite the bullet and die around 70 times lowering his health bit by bit.

If you want to be a summoner, play Necromancer. He's still kinda useless in some boss fights

And fucking really, play with /players 8 what the fuck nigger.

Yeah, but now he has 1 respec per Den of Evil quest. You didn't have that luxury.

You are telling us you are going to be alright playing one of the arguably worst skill combos in D2.
So much so that I am beginning to think this thread is bait.

I just input /players 8 you devilish nigger, but at this point I am not going to restart, I'm gonna keep going see what happens.

Your build is just overall bad and doesn't scale well, at later parts of the game and higher difficulties your minions will die really fast and struggle killing stuff.

On the other hand a fishymancer (Necromancer focusing on skeletons) will scale up well because his synergies and minion count will give him an increasingly invincible wall of skeletons to hide behind. WHile CE will kinda suck at /players 8, he can still have a fairly killy merc + revives + ok skeleton damage, and superb control over every engagement.

Ah, the good old days when you'd finish loading and Duriel had already killed you.

Is diablo 1 good?
do you know where i can download it?

There's nothing a golem, decrepify and a sword won't put down.

Was diablo 3 drm ever cracked or bypassed
Sorry for bad english

haha that fps slowdown tho (years ago anyway)

d2 is and will always be best diablo

vid related, as soon as it starts it brings back fond memories

I can't help it. That atmosphere, that hellish ambient music and the feeling of descending into the depths of hell, floor after floor, was just thrilling to me.

That really explains it, thanks for the heads up, any good build for the druid then? I really like his style.

Try werewolf

I've spent the hot summer playing Diablo 1 with the HD mod, more fun with that than any game I'd played in years. Never been so comfy while sweating so profusely.

Worst decision that can be made in D2. Everything dies by itself, rarely will anything top your rabid army of rapeskeletons. I got so bored I stopped before hitting Duriel.

Well, you see. It's not about you wanting to restart Act 1, it's about Duriel and how hard he is going to fuck you in the ass.

You think I'm kidding? Duriel is one of the hardest boss in the entire game and you're using a shit build with shit summons. A boss, that FUCKS everyone in a small area and SLOWS everyone down. You'll get TWO shotted from him and he'll one shot all your summons.

Summons in this game, sadly, are bad with the exception of Skeleton Necromancer because of the absurd amount of skeletons that he can summon as said. But then you'll face a boss with AoE and your 100 skeletons, 30 magic skeletons, 20 resurrected creatures and your golem will die in one single hit, however you can whine and cry summon spam skeletons/golems on his face to see that every 10 summons one of them actually hits the boss. You are not going to have that luxury with the Druid's summon in any of the cases.

Long live the golem.

My last two builds I made, more than ten years ago, was a werewolf and a bear.
Bear was clunky but fun, werewolf was overpowered with his lifesteal.

obligatory erection reference

Diablo 1 is great. A pure dungeon crawler.
It's 572MB, I'm sure it's around somewhere on the internet. It's latest patch is 1.09b.
Here's what you do to get it to run:
Install it, Patch it, copy DIABDAT.MPQ from the disc image to the Diablo 1 directory, download a cd crack so you don't have to mount it every time, and then use this patch:
strangebytes.com/index.php/projects/1-diablo-1-windows-7-vista-patch=60

Necromancer actually doesn't summon that many skeletons in the current version (just a couple dozen of each kind or some shit) but the thing is they're ridiculously durable as synergies start to kick in; high damage resistance paired with insane regen rate means that at high levels, most times you lose a skeleton it'll be because it wandered off screen, rarely because it actually got killed.

Just let him get fucked by duriel. I had to learn it the hard way when I thought cold arrow amazon might be a good idea.

This one is better, embed related.

Damn this thread is making me want to play as an assasin (no traps) since I never played as one

What… current version. What the fuck did I miss? What the fuck happened to the game then?

I already deleted my save and will start up again as another character, I've played the hell out of Diablo 1 usually as the fighter, so for Diablo 2 i want to change things around and play as something different than the Barbarian/paladin.

diablo 1/2 have some great ambient sounds & music

I can't remember anything noteworthy about d3, honestly.

LOOKING FOR BAAL?

Blizzard occasionally patches D2. I don't know all the stuff that's changed but fishymancer really benefited from it.

You still need Enigma for a fun skeleton experience though.

Actually, BaalsBalls

Do those sort of server names still exist? Haven't played D2 in several years now…

Are there still a lot of people playing D2. How does it compare to D3. 3 seemed quite dead to me.

If you want something that is not going melee, let me ask you.

Do you want to see end game and finish it on your own without being melee?
If yes, you won't do end game with Sorceress. However, she is the character everyone uses to farm/grind equipment for their other characters, funny huh? I do not know much about the Assassin
Your options are from the top of my head (but since some anons here said "current version" Im a bit scared of it), Amazon and Necromancer.

Are you telling me that I don't need two hours to solo Diablo with /players 8 anymore?

Think on this user: there's still bots for D2.

That's gotta mean some activity is real enough to cause that whole supply and demand thing goin' on.

D2 is still getting patched. It's at 1.14d

Nice. But what about graphics options. I'm not a "graphics whore" necessarily, but 1024x800 isn't pretty.
Is there anyway to make it a higher resolution or at least improve the appearance/textures at all?

I was just playing online this afternoon.

Kinda. Last I played was on Holla Forumsnet though, and that went down a couple years ago. The official servers are active but full of bots. Then again we botted on Holla Forumsnet too.

I don't know how many play D3 because I have good taste.

You can kill Diablo and Baal and so on reasonably well, though it'll take a lot longer than it would take, say, a zealadin.

You will have trouble in uber trist though since you need to Revive those big armed guys in the river of flame for Crushing Blow.

Thanks once again for the tips, you know, I've changed my mind about melee.

Fuck it, I'm going Werewolf, it sounds FUN

blizzdrones should be banned tbh

A trap assassin is a safer solo character than a sorceress because of the corpse explosion trap and the runeword that lowers lightning resistance.
However, the lack of teleport forces you to go slow and steady.

Not unless you go back a couple of patches and use D2MultiRes. It's basically cheating, though, since you can see enemies before they see you. You can even hit them and they won't react, and your teleport has super long range.

Besides, LoD added a higher resolution of 800x600 so you should be fine: ^)

I've heard that. Too bad though, since the game is stuck in the late 90's/early 00's graphically.

Would be nice to get improved textures at least.

D3 is alright I guess, but it doesn't satisfy the d2 itch. I have really wanted to play through the game in it's entirety with other Holla Forumsirgins. Would anyone like to play?

I thought D3 had decent gameplay, but something about it made it feel "empty" (my feeling, not the game world). I guess I didn't care for the locations & music.

Easy fix: get a good 20lbs. CRT and keep it around for old games. Pic related.

poison is fine.
by bone I meant the poison and bone tab.
always felt that poison it was really niche, at least in later patches, so I always kinda ignored it.

What about melee Assasins? Im interested in replaying D2 with them.

I don't care if it would take longer as a Necromancer summoner.
What I care is that he can fucking finally do it.
I will always fucking remember when I started playing the game for the first time with no idea of anything and needing two fucking hours with my necromancer skellington to solo Diablo with /players 8.

Poison nova was fun and powerful.

Gear-dependant, just like almost every melee character.

That slowdown tho

I know you said 20lbs, but those things really can get up there in weight. Quality is good for older games though, as you say.

I'm really enjoying D3 as I'm playing it right now. It's worlds different from the original two, but if I want a faithful sequel I'll replay Torchlight II.

Good times

Almost ten years playing that shit.
It ruined my puberty

Lightweight.
It needs to be at least 70lbs.

Yeah I got that fancy apple thing for 20 bucks and lemme tell you I thought the whole deeper blacks on CRT thing was a meme until I got that thing going.

I had to help a friend get one w/ a stand into his house a few years ago. That thing must have weighed ~250lbs.
Needed both of us to lift it.

pic related

that looks like a rear projection crt tv which are light compared to normal crts. fucking pussy.

How many inches was it? 250lbs is pretty damn heavy even for a CRT.

makes me want to get back to my necromancer build and max out skeletons

It was around 37", guessing.

Maybe. I've never tried to lift one.

Alright, whats the latest patch of D2 then?
I may end up downloading it cause fuck Blizzard and try the new patches out.

It'll be a bit of nostalgia + fresh air since I've done nothing except Torchlight 2 to satiate my hunger.

That makes sense.

if you want more challenge, type in /players 8 and it will increase the difficulty. It's usually what I do except for Duriel and it does do a good job. Given, you also get much better loot from doing this so after awhile is won't make much difference. YOu also level up much faster

1.14D
Just connect to b.net and it'll download.

I tried Torchlight 2 but it felt too slow for me. I'd rather do D2 and PoE

The latest patch is 1.14D
Remember to use D2SE if you want to play on older versions, use plugy confortably, or play some mods.

D2SE 2.3 NEVER EVER

oh yea arctic furs baby

You would die in one hit to my paladin smiter… newb.

I spent a week or so setting up a private D2 server. It was a collosal pain in the ass, and the most important part of the package is basically deleted off the interwebs. The basics were pretty simple: bnetd, d2dbs, d2cs all easy to find, configure, and run. Then the fun part comes where you need an actual Diablo 2 "game server" to interact with the other servers.

In theory you can download the source code for the D2 game server, but I ended up finding a working compiled version of D2GS.exe for 1.13c (that also appears to work with 1.13d).

I've also got some patches to WINE's sock.c to fix some networking bugs that prevented the whole fucking nigger-rigged server "network" to function.

So now I've got this stable private D2 server that only I play on. Mostly just for runewords and dicking around with Project ETAL bots. Sometimes I'm tempted to copy the VM to a publicly accessible server I can open up to you faggots…

Go it faggot. Let's have fun with skeletons.
how many would be up for it?

It's only on Hell that they start to bite hard.

MORE HP MAKES IT MORE BETTER AND MORE HARDER

Depends on what version you're running. 1.10 onwards have synergy bullshit so you'll probably want to do just bone in that, if you can stand it.

If you mean Crescent Moon the -lightresist doesn't affect traps (they're techinically minions). If you mean Infinity, that only belongs on lightning Sorceress. For a Trapsin, only the Conviction aura will work and GOOD FUCKING LUCK GETTING THAT ONE.

That's a good question. Next would be who can donate the hypervisor? Finally who wants to moderate? I have no interest in being involved with daily operations outside of actually playing.

That said, I've got mulitiple legit cd-keys, and two lvl 99 characters to drop in for an on-call rushbot and defacto chaos/baal runner.

(FWIW I can whip up an uber-char in Hero Editor and drop it into the server's character save directory, but those two chars I actually played.)

Does someone have a VMWare hypervisor with some spare resources to donate for a new 8/v/ private D2 server?

I wish conversion/thorns paladin was stronger.
Or that conversion was a ranged attack.

poison dagger necro
god I miss low lvl poison twinks

IIRC it also increases a monster's damage.

Yes, yes it is. Though certain gameplay elements didn't age well, it's still a very good game. If you can find the Sierra expansion Hellfire, that actually has some improved tweaks but with an important caveat. Hellfire itself is not good, it didn't get it's proper shakedown and finishing polish. You want Hellfire so you can run Hellfire mods. Diablo Hellfire with mods is good and it's the version I prefer over vanilla Diablo1.

I remember when my stepbrother played the shit out of this on multiplayer, then tried singleplayer and was confused as fuck in the desert because /he never read the quest log/ due to constant rushing and free waypoints. Shit was fucking hilarious.

It does, but the major scaling is in monster HP.

What happens in Single Player if you use the staff to open the tomb, and then quit? Do you have to get another staff?

Pretty sure it'll just stay open.

You got a problem with this style?

Aside from being our own spot in the shade, there is also other 'private' server.
annihilus.net/content.php?tabid=109

It's all there and ready, really.

I'll have to find a D2 download to begin with since I lost my copy long ago.

Does it run on W10? I want to take a friend with me and he fell for the autoW10 update. If not fuck him for not re-installing W7 or going Linux.

Will the patches from b.net work with a pirated copy then?

Try it and find out.

Not sure about updating through the program but the downloaded patch works. However you won't be using B.net.

You still need a CD key for Diablo 2 Battle.net.

But you don't need a CD Key for direct IP connect and private server.

and I forgot one thing:
us.battle.net/support/en/article/100638
This is an offical offline updater. works on cracked versions as well.

wew
finally

Not only you. The cow level was orgasmic.

Alright lets do this!

shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Drink some thawing potions.

sage

noice

I'll join your pain soon. Maybe you should put players 1 to make him easier, he's going to destroy your butt over and over, we all know this

wew

1 Death which was for keks.

See:

Do they even matter? His cold aura will constantly reapply the slow debuff

Idk, I tried it and it didn't hurt I guess.

You know you can hotkey skills to f1 through f8 right?

Yes. I just hadn't because up until that point it hadn't been needed.

I've never played either Diablo's but I actually still want to. Where can I grab a version of them that's playable or a source port of it?
I'll be honest I've just never looked due to laziness I suppose.

I dont think its ever been ported because it still runs great(although kind of small) today.

What about the PSx or Mac port? ;^)

I meant third party.
It got ported to psx? I did not know that.

Thawing Potions add cold resist and the duration stacks. Drink a bunch to keep it max for a while. It was added in patch 1.10.

Its really slow and clunky and almost unplayable

so it runs fine without the need to tinker it huh?
Well all right. Where can I grab it by chance do you know?

Right but duriel uses holy frost so you'll still end up slowed no matter what, at best it will remove some of its damage which is still negligible because he hits nostly physical

For Diablo 1 see
Diablo 2 runs fine. Add -w to the shortcut to play in a window (this disables movies), but you may have to lower your desktop resolution so the window doesn't seem so tiny. The more recent D2 patches made the game work natively on current OSs and removed the CD check.

Got a trip down the memory lane with my Provoking Barbarian. Feels like raising the finger on every annoying monster, which is fun, and then you kill them with any skill of choice (I went with Concentration plus some points in Berserk for physical immunes).

so Holla Forums
i have a problem with d2
im running a 1920x1080 monitor and whenever i start up d2 without a -w line argument to make it start in windowed mode, it just starts the game with a black screen that doesn't stop being black

the other stuff seems to work fine

i dont wanna play in windowed mode because then i wanna make sure that i dont click outside of the window

i like ww barb more

just put on 2 -35 speed 2 handed swords and hit the whirlwind button with a fortitude armor and the gloves, laying of hands

im almost able to do it myself on single-player(with ladder mod) with 2 crescent moon legends swords; all im missing is the 4 socket sacred armor or archon plate

Well, taunting enemies into your whirlwind can help with monsters running away to hit you from a distance, as taunting forces distance attackers to come into contact, with the nice bonus of blocking revivers.

I was going to suggest checking out your settings in d2vidtst, but that appears to have been removed.

wew act 4 finally

Have you patched it yet?

I'm not going to fault them for the rainbow minimap - its actually nice seeing that attention to detail and modifying a core ui thing. The entire game is far too bright and has that nuWow aesthetic.

The biggest problem is that the entire map is 6 very obvious tenplated chunks. Diablo 2 had dozens of templates ler map type and it was almost unnoticeable

Man, I forgot how much I loved Charms as a concept - the idea of sacrificing inventory space for power was never really explored ever again, which is a crying fucking shame.

Monster Hunter did it in a miniscule amount

You really had to grind to notice duplicates.

Are you fucking kidding? In that screenshot alone, each path cap is the same. Being (very) generous and ignoring that, you can see the map is made of 7 major template pieces, of which three of them are repeated. Over 40% of the map is copy-pasted.

Also dubs picks my class in Median XL

too be fair that screenshot example is of the 'bonus easter egg level' where bare minimum amount of work was put into

Is it possible to play this on Linux in glorius 1440p?

It'll look like shit unless you get D2MultiRes, but then you can't play on b.net if that matters to you.

Looks like FF13.

I didn't ask for that.

I'm feeling like giving Diablo 2 a try since i never properly played the game back on the day.

Should i play the game as it was released or do i need some essential mod, fix, patch, etc. to get the best experience from the game?

Yeah just play it as is with the latest patch and type /players 8 when you get into the game

It might have issues launching the game making it difficult to get the auto patchig from the classic bnet servers - they should have an offline patch downloader somewhere

us.battle.net/support/en/article/classic-game-patches

If you are a dirty casual you can get diablo script extender which comes bundled with plugY, the additions of which are including but not limited to: the ability to use ladder only runewords in single player mode, the option to choose which patch to play on, the ability to reset your skill/attribute points at any time and a functionally infinite personal and shared stash.
Core gameplay isn't really messed with so I personally feel that it is acceptable but I could easily see where people would disagree with me.

Oh no Plugy lets you try out builds more freely and lets you reuse cool gear for twink builds stop the presses

You can do the ladder runeword trick without PlugY.

Published on Jun 15, 2016

Ladder only runewords, by default, are not able to be used in Single Player in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction.
—————————————————————-
Here is a tutorial on how to make this happen without using PlugY.
—————————————————————-
I advise to close out of any Diablo II client completely before doing this.

1) Download this file: drive.google.com/file/d/0B_MKcrNsKcK6Zjg2NzYwOTMtYTQ3OC00M2FmLTliYzgtMTNlZDcyMTAyNzcx/view?hl=en

2.) Place the Rune.txt file in your Diablo II Folder under "Diablo II\data\global\excel" Please note, these folders may need to be created!

3.) Right click on your Diablo 2 shortcut → properties → Add "-direct -txt" in the target line after "…\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe"

4.) Test runewords!
—————————————————————-
This is being tested on a Windows 7 64bit computer, it should also work fine on Windows 10 as well. Latest patch 1.14D.

How is any of that casual?

Thanks for the info.

Just link to a damn modding guide, geez

The video is just the source. The text is all you need.

i can confirm that that works, but im not sure if that particular link is the legit one

i got the link i downloaded from from some forum that showed up on google

To explain modding in a little more detail, the >\Diablo II\data\global\excel path is basically where the raw game data resides. I believe you can make a subfolder like MyMod or something in the root folder, but I forget how that works.

Anyways, when you launch the game with the -direct -txt switches, it compiles the directory from .txt files to .bin files, which it then uses, overriding the base game data. PatchD2.mpq contains a large set of files that are modified in order to, well, patch the game.

I have my own copy of all the files, too:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15439959/Archived/Diablo II 1.13c txt.zip

OH BOY YOU ARE IN FOR SOME
BEETLE FUN

Holy shit , i remember going through my first run full blind mode with a probably shitty skellymancer and trying so many times until i got metal golem and duriel started , to hilariously kill himself i almost shat myself in that moment

this kills the zealot

the only skill you can actually kill yourself with

CORPSE
EXPLOSION
NECROMANCER

that's why you don't play hardcore characters right there

do you even atmosphere?

red dragon paladin

Ugh, they're boring
Also I don't have it installed any more
Also I'm talking Median XL, not Ultimative or Sigma. The good one

oh, srry
I remember playing a Bowazon in Median XL (non-Ultimative) and liking it breddy well. Which is weird, because in vanilla D2X I think the Amazon is the most boring class in the game, and I don't think Median XL changed it all that much.

Also, I've played some ultimative, never heard of sigma. What's it like?

I've been thinking about replaying D1 with a friend, are there any suggested mods that still feel like diablo? Belzebub was mentioned in previous threads but it seems to be single player only.

I think there might be a similar mod, "Tchernobog" or something, designed with mp support.

I'd just replay vanilla D1 and allow yourselves to dupe 1 item apiece for every level of the labyrinth
What characters were you guys thinking of playing?Rogue / Sorc a best tbh

Seems to have died in the early stages.

I was going to try the monk since I never bothered with hellfire before­otherwise yeah RogueSorc dream team

He should do an Ironman run.
Never go back to town except to open up the way to Diablo.

Mana doesnt regenerate right? But i think the healing shrines recover 1 hp a clock and are infinite

Right. You just need to find tons of +magic or +mana gear and fill literally your entire inventory with mana potions.

I always thought the sorcerer sucked before I played one past about level 4, then it was clearly the most powerful class. I can't imagine how good a sorc would be with a rogue or warrior to tank a little bit for him.

That's right. And your class skills are now super important. Recharge staff? Repair? Yeah, gonna need it.
People also made a rule that you can't go back a level so people would stop abusing those healing and mana springs.

What are they using for D2GS? The old (apparently no longer maintained) Windows binary compiled by the original D2GS developer Marsgod can be found here:

pvpgn.pl/d2gs/

I have seen source repositories by some Russian named HarpyWar that has a D2GS builder script… However I have yet to get it compiled, and I can't read cyrillic to get any support :|

Anyway, I do not have any of the HTTP addons like the Annihilus site does, but if anyone wants to point me to where I can find those scripts (I'm guessing PHP) I can drop them on a web server.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Personally I disagree but I can see your point, paladins are very safe and auras are purely passive abilities. To excel with any other class will almost certainly require greater effort by the player.

I did try a holy fire bowadin once with one of those splash damage crossbows, real shit with /players 8 but tremendous good fun against packs of enemies when you had razortail and the splash damage would chain.

Even after over a decade, I'm still pissed at the fucking retard to basically copy pasted my guide, named it "fishymancer" and got all the fucking credit for my work.

You probably won't make it past A1 NM without wanting to kill yourself. Scratch that, there's a certain mandatory boss at the very end of A5 normal that's gonna turn your summons into minced meat.

To expand on this, patch 1.10 and up introduced the synergy system where almost every skill gets some scaling benefit from investing a point in another skill: Fireball gets something like 10% dmg per point into Firebolt and Firebolt gets like 15% per point into Fireball. That patch also made skeleton warriors/mages skills behave differently. The individual skeletons are much more powerful and resilient, but you get a lot less of them per skill point. End result is a better army that isn't as corpse intensive and isn't as laggy.

Problem is that 1.10 rebalances the entire game, especially in NM and Hell and makes almost every build non viable. You're stuck playing the same 10-15 builds across all classes if you want to get anything done.

And it also seems like the only versions of D2 available on torrent sites are 1.12. So playing 1.09 or 1.08 is pretty much impossible. I ran into some program that was supposed to be able to launch older game versions, but it just doesn't work, at least in shitty windows 8.1.

You can't just download the v1.0 .isos and patch it to whatever version you want?

You'd need the 1.07 LoD isos too, which I wasn't able to find when I looked around for them.

The D2 Script Extender has loadable "cores" of older versions of D2. I haven't played D2 in a couple months. When I'm back on my laptop, if I remember I'll verify it.
Also really handy for having multiple mods installed and picking and choosing which you'd like to play. Has support for Glide and PlugY too.

I'm talking about Median XL, in which case they didn't have auras, had shitty summoner or caster variants, or reactive melee mechanics that were annoying to use

Who wouldn't want a skill like "retaliate" smackabitch?

Because I want to kill monsters as soon as I see them, and not wait for them to stand right the fuck beside me and get a chance to hit me first

That's not a long wait with median xl tbh
But I see what you mean, you want to lead the attack, not be a hysterical woman who lashes out at a slight provocation.

So "The Hell" works in multiplayer, but also changes all of the classes. Has anybody tried it? Should I just stick to vanilla?

Replace game.exe with this one: ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/patches/PC/game-lod.zip

Then run this: ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/patches/PC/LOD_109d.exe

You can change 109d to version of your choice.

That seems so strange. It never even occurred to me that Blizzard would released pre-patched versions, but so many people bought the game that I can't imagine it wasn't uploaded.

Can recommend The Hell. I got as far as about floor 7 and then hit a wall and couldn't kill gargoyles. Pretty fun. For some reason, I remember it taking "longer" to do things? Maybe I was just playing it more thoroughly than normal.

copy protection :^)

But it's a completely separate download. The mod itself was like 500 mb

But that would mean the mod makers were retarded.
You don't want to play a retarded mod, do you?

The gameplay was good

Works, I guess? Downloading a 1.12 iso, hopefully that'll let me bypass the thing asking me for a CD.

Uh, dickheads, Magic Find has always not increased the chance of actually finding magic items. It just altered the likelyhood of a Magic item being rolled into a rare and then rares into set/legendary items.
It had no effect on common items that dropped.
This has been a meme since like v1.02 when people figured out how it worked and grinded legendaries/sets out of champions/elites/rare encounters/bosses with parties decked out in FindMagic gear.

Post discarded

With enough MF, you barely get any whites/ethereal/socketed/low quality items. If you want to farm for rare socketed items, you gotta do it without any MF gear on.

Ethereal items are so bugged its not even funny. Many cube recipes, for example, break.

whatever
Beige name shitwhackers
I can't remember the jargon cunt it's literally 12 years since I've played diablo 2 and even I can remember this shit because all the time you get some asshole in his dumb magic find gear being useless.

I hated how you had to usually equip shit gear to improve magic find.

Mechanics like that make me think I should be getting paid to play the game, since I'm basically an accountant optimizing cash flow at that point.

D2 was v1.07 when LOD was released so the patch installs with the expansion.

Thanks, I'll give a try then. Is the optional soundtrack even worth downloading? Diablo OST was GOAT

Oh right, you'll need d2loader or something for anything below 1.12

I dunno, I never bothered with it. The base mod is just fine

Vanilla Hellfire is buggy and did not get the polish it needed, so playing it as is, is shit. You have block lock from spell as a 'feature' for some retarded reason, and other bugs and loose ends makes vanilla Hellfire a mess to play. If you want to play vanilla Hellfire, it's actually better to use a mod like Hellfire:Fixed, or Hellfire pacth v1.02.A5 Classic HF by Marsh\Belix. It's been awhile since I've played it, but iirc those mods only aims to fix many of vanilla Hellfire bugs and not make a completely different mod game.

That is, under vanilla Hellfire, spell damage counts as block if you are a monk hand blocking or anyone who uses a shield.

I don't understand. Are you saying that block% would allow you avoid spell damage? This seems like a good thing.

not trading up your gems?

This is a very bad thing. Basically your character gets easily pinned down with how it works. I should have specified spell attacks instead of damage for clarity. In vanilla Diablo1 as long as your Magic (or Fire) resistance is greater than zero and you are using a shield, you will not block say a succubi blood star. You will take damage subtracted from resist, but this is good because you don't get block locked into place, and you can still move.

In bone stock, vanilla Hellfire, even if you have greater than zero Magic resistance, if you are an unarmed Monk or using a shield, you will block spell attacks, and this is bad because you can easily get block locked if you get caught in a barrage of bloodstars. Meaning you will get locked just standing there and take hits. Even with max 75% Magic resistance, a bloodstar barrage in Hell, late Caves or Crypt can finish off a block locked character real fast.

INB4 just gitgud faggit. Bloodstar barrage is a fairly common occurence by Hell level and iirc late Caves and Crypt. Monks are fucked because they still block while unarmed. Low Armor Class Warriors with shields are borked because they rely a lot on blocking physical attacks while being able to take a few magic hits but remaining fairly mobile. Spell block \ block lock fucks that shit up. It's possible to play under those conditions sure, I did before the fix mods came to be. Though Monks got borked the hardest with that, and LAWarriors might as well just use 2 handed swords or 2 handed blunts vs succubis.

Barbarians are not as affected because going 2 hander is beneficial to them and Bards are mostly dual wielders. But it shows how unfinished the expansion was and how the Synergistic devs did not have time to playtest their work. The guy who wrote Jarulfs Guide for D1 was consulted with the Hellfire devs iirc, and he confirmed that the devs were rushed and under pressure due to other issues but basically the expansion did not have enough time to get proper bug and playtesting.

But try it out for yourself if you want, just keep in mind spell block\block lock is just one of the many unpolished things in vanilla HF, iirc the item tables are not properly implemented, there are still old 1.04(?) numerical wrap around bugs etc.

Sheeit, forgot another detail because it's been awhile.
IIRC the trifecta of why spell block is bad in Vanilla Hellfire is basically spell block easily leads to block lock and -stun lock-.

I was trying out the Assassin again just for some variety, tiger strike + dragon tail build. Just died to Mephisto like a pleb, blame it on not scrounging up enough resists or items, and only just hitting level 24. Still it's fairly fun to play as, more focused than spamming shit like Sorceress, which I also want to try one that uses fire wall primarily just for funsies.

3 is best

Every once in a while I get the urge to play through Median again but I don't have the free time.

Going over 350-400 MF is overkill. Those items are bread and butter for MF and really don't sacrifice much on most builds.

ultimative is good recently since the author finally pulled his head out of his ass and made the main story playable and not just being a hub for his autistic uberlevels

This is more of a bug and not a feature. It's completely unintuitive.

Serious question, how long have you played vanilla Diablo1 and vanilla Hellfire? Have you tried out a character with zero Magic resist with a shield in order to trigger blocking vs bloodstar missiles in Diablo1? I've tried it plenty, and while it is occasionaly doable in say first floor of Hell, it is way more feasible to just have resistane and take the occasional bloodstar hit while still retaining mobility. Advocates Fireball attacks also has a splash damage that can go through spell blocking.

There is a good reason why vanilla Diablo1 does not have spellblocking when a character has more than 0% Magic (and Fire to a lesser degree) resistance, and did not "fix" the bug as you call it, because it's not a bug. Spell block starts getting stupid silly in vanilla Hellfire for Monk because for him unarmed = shield equipped.

Spellblocking with resistance, is more liable to get characters killed because it can pin that character down. If a character is blocking, they can't move. If that character get stunlocked, they can't move. Lack of mobility in D1\Hellfire is more fatal in many cases to a character and that's what spellblocking does.

But if you are completely convinced that it is a bug and spellblocking with resistance is the intuitive way it's supposed to be. As long as you have Vanilla Hellfire installed you can take it out for a spin yourself. For vanilla Diablo1 If you're handy with modding iirc there might still be modders notes on how to change spellblocking to work with resistance.

magic find gear was a mistake

I agree, but I still love Diablo 2 with it in there.

The crappy new levels were always the biggest issue with Ultimative. The quality of life stuff and most of the balance changes were fine. I don't think trap rat druid needed to be THAT overpowered though, I mean fuck Maybe I'll try it again.

Why does the TRAP rat Druid look like shit?
Its the one thing that erks me more than the old shemale dragon paladin

Yes, in Ironman when you need to block or you'll die from running out of potions due to chip damage. If it becomes a problem, unequip your shield. The issue is the Monk is always blocking even without a shield.

Someone already did it with "Diablo Fixed", but his latest version capped melee blocking at 75% and then he disappeared, so now I have to search for the previous version.
diablofixed.wordpress.com/

As much as I like Ironman games, that is not what most most people play under, especially at the timeframe where Diablo1 was still played by more people and blizzard was still in the position and interest to look at bugs or gameplay fixes, ie pre Diablo2. Playing under Ironman rule is not super rare, but it is uncommon enough to be an exception, not the default common rule set. I've played zero resist spell block warrior (and melee rogue with fastblock shield) as well when I was obsessed with spellblocking, but outside of specialized situations or rule sets, it's not particularly effective compared to just maxing out resist vs magic+fire.
See what I wrote previous regarding shield users in vanilla Hellfire.
Glad you agree and understand then, because that's what I wrote in the first mention specific to Hellfire spellblocking with resistance leading to blocklock and stun lock situation. He can equip a staff to stop blocking, but doesn't change the fact Monk and other shield users gets borked with the way spell blocking with resistance interacts in vanilla Hellfire.
Interesting, thanks for the link. I notice that the even the mod mentions this though in release2:
>Also up for discussion is the “bug” where resistances cause you to no longer block spells. Bug or no? Here is the fix, from thedark5.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=998&PN=6:
Get stunned/block spells with resistances
I might be misreading that, but even the mod author is not 100% sure it is a 'bug'. Second, I might be misreading it but taking Hellfire spellblock when having resist and applying it to Diablo1 and retroactively treating it as a feature, that seems way more counterintuitive. Hellfire was developed by Synergistic and not bliz, hell bliz pretty much treated Hellfire as the bastard redheaded stepchild in the attic that no one should speak of. Although it shares a lot in common and it is technically an expansion, it's not really the latest version of Diablo1. More like a bastard brother that got sent to another country early on. It shares a lineage but it will never be mentioned in the will.

I was one of those botters but I did it mostly to give away free Uniques and HRs in the Bazaar room.

I miss Holla Forumsnet (Private server when?)

melgibson (server owner) if you're reading this, I'm sorry if I ruined your server.

There was no harm in botting on Holla Forumsnet. In fact the only reason it's even an annoyance on battlenet is that they clog the server browser.

Yeah melgibson was indifferent towards it I think or couldn't figure out how to turn Warden/it was broken. Maphacks were fine though.

I can't help but feel partly responsible for the reason it never went past Season 5 or maybe he got busy with life. We never got a response as to why it was shut down.

The botting got competitive to a point were me and the other guy were Baaling to 99 since no one had ever reached that level in the server's short history.

I lost because someone kept sabotaging the baal waves by summoning Pandemonium Diablo.

Well, personally I'd burned out on Diablo 2 long before Holla Forumsnet shut down and I assume it likely just had declining activity.

I think you're right, season 4 was in it's peak with a population of like 25 - 40 people playing.

Season 5 had at most like 10 - 20 players.

Has anyone asked the devs of Diablo 1 directly about the issue? I know they're still around. Right now I'm actually more interested in general bug fixes for everything else.

Been looking around and I stumbled upon this little gem:
YEAR 2039 RANDOMIZER ISSUE
The game engine will stop creating random levels after midnight of January 1, 2039. Any game started before January 1, 1970, will also not be random.
lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-12422.html

They're still around but there's a couple of problems. They may not remember, it is considered an old game after all. They may not care a great deal since most of them are not with bliz anymore, and might be working on other projects etc.

>lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-12422.html
The guy that last replied in the thread may be the few remaining that can help you out with what you are looking to do. Belix iirc. Zamal&Zenda if they are still around, they were mentioned in the mod link you gave but I haven't kept up much with the D1\HF modding community for a couple of years.

Play Diablo2 with minimal gear. Then you see how gear-dependent melee classes are…

There is no Diablo3

That's a breedy cool pic.
I'm trying to remember offhand which melee class and builds that are -slightly- less gear dependent, and off the top of my head most if not all of them are a hybrid by necessity. At least the ones I've played and experimented with. As much as I enjoyed Diablo2-Lord of Destruction. The game burned me the fuck out on melee builds and classes being a bit too gear dependent.

Nearly all of my roster of characters aim for Smoke rw armor and Rhyme rw shield by end game.
-Blessed Hammer Conviction Zealot Paladin. Weapons for lower level is Steel runeword, low to mid is rw Strength, end game usually rw Crescent Moon phaseblade. Rhyme in a resist paladin shield. Fairly flexible weapon wise since I played it as mostly BH then conviction zealot in places like Maggot Lair, or if the party I'm with benefits more from Conviction aura.
-Holy Freeze or Holy Shock Zealot with Conviction. Almost same as above. I got by with Steel or Strength rw weapon for a long while since HFreeze or HShock was the main damage dealer.
-Shadow minion martial art kicker Assasin. Fairly flexible with weapons since the damage dealer really comes from STR and boot slot. Played a no weapons in hand, only boots variation that was enjoyable.
-Dual wield Double Swing Barbarian and various warcries for crowd control. One of the most gear dependant melee build for me due to dual wielding. Low level would be Steel and Strength rw, midlevel might be Steel and Black, end game grinding for dual phase blade, Crescent Moon and Lawbringer.

Trying a bonermancer in hardcore mode now. No curses. No skellies. Gonna be just me and my golem and my boners.

Blessed Hammer+Concentration paladin feels like a short ranged caster rather than a true meleer

I'm interested in doing an Ironbarb for PvM, the outline of what I would do skill-wise is:
- 6 prereq (Howl, Find potion, Increased Stamina, Bash, Stun, Leap)
- 3 1-pointers (Find Item, Battle Command, Leap Attack)
- 4 1+-pointers (Find Item, Increased Speed, Natural Resistance, weapon mastery)
- 20 Shout
- 20 Iron Skin
- 20 Concentrate
- 20 Battle Orders
However that only leaves 18 points for further expansion and I'd assume it's worth sacrificing a few points in Iron Skin for maxed weapon mastery, and more in the 1+pointers. The other idea I've seen floating around is to add points to Berserk for extra magical damage on Concentrate but that's only 20% extra damage at best.

Also if I don't go the Berserk route that's pure physical damage, what the heck do you do about physical immunes?

Yes, though I never claimed he was a 100% meleer, more like 70/30 hybrid of caster & meleer. IIRC the last time I played that paladin build it was all self found \ crafted gear no trade between anyone or other characters, I only had the runeword enabled for SP mod. It's been a while so just going off memory here. 20 into BH, 20 Concentration, 20 Conviction, 5 Zeal, pre-req eating the rest, I forgot what I dumped the rest in terms of Skill points. Probably utilities like 1pt in Smite and Redemption. Practical high clvl for me is around 85 or so. Stats depends on the end game weapon. It usually comes down to either Crescent Moon or Lawbringer for me. Dump the rest into VIT. Fairly bog standard otherwise.

the fuck are you doing

Open Wounds and elemental damage from weapons or merc usually.

Glass cannon sorc all the way

Because it's an upscaled rat model. I don't think there's a single original model in Median.
Spreaking of dragon paladin, reminder that the only reason it existed was because of Skyrim memeing. At least it was better than the unfixably terrible holy magic tree mind flay 'din GOAT 'din

I'm in nightmare right now pre-andy with my bonermancer. No golem though.

It's not an upscaled rat model
It's an unused rat model that is available in the game files

Yea its called a hammerdin and its a caster. Probably the best botting character in the game. Hammers work on 100% of bosses and there are very few magic immune monsters in the game.

This sucks

Patch it.
The white box is from using the wrong video backend, but that'll probably stop happening after you patch it.
Oh boy, that's my favorite Tribes 2 error.

I did and I'm not sure if it was the glide wrapper i used but i got 12 fps in the den

Anyways trying out a multires mod for windowed

I still have my discs OP.

Lets play.

I have a zod rune tattoo, kill me

JUST

HELLFIRE

D2MultiRes doesn't work on the latest patch.
The latest patch doesn't even have a vidtest.

I'm on 1.13c, for compatibility reasons

Sheeeeit now that's very old school and takes me back. Speaking of melee-ish amazons I did find a Charged Strike Amazon to not be drastically gear dependent. I think the last one I played was something like 20 Valkyrie, 20 Charged Strike, 20 Lightning Fury, 20 Plague Javelin.

Fan D2 HD remake using sc2 engine

ayy

that looks disgusting.

I've got a Slackware VM I can clone as mentioned previously. Unfortunately I'm all out of hypervisor resources. It's a heafty vmdk size though (it's the end result of a very tedious p2v).

If there was serious interest I think I could migrate it to a smaller one by using Xvfb. Again, as mentioned it's running bnetd, d2dbs, d2cs, the last known working Windows binary I could find for D2GS.exe, and some sock.c hacks to WINE.

yup

What does it do?
It turns diablo 2 into warcraft 3?

Looks like Diablo2-ish using warcraft3 engine.

Does anyone have D2MultiRes for 1.13? Or have any info on making it work?

According to the guy who uploaded the videos (eGod), it's D2 HD using the StarCraft2 engine.

Who's excited to see how much further down they can push Diablo?

Currently I've got HDD2 "working" looking for any info about D2MultiRes
i.imgur.com/bTa6tVi.png

You're right, I fucked up on that one. Starcraft2 not WC3.

Anyone remember multiplayer off of battle.net where PI duels with fucking sorcerers using the amazon avatar was like hot shit?

I compiled an installed D2 Folder with v 1.12, PlugY and MultiRes

Just run PatchD2gfxDll.exe to get it properly setup and then run the game from D2MultiResGame.exe in compatibility mode (Windows XP)

mega.nz/#!bc0wXAzJ!RGEM6TWX8u_4b2GygfwPc8HRpBxYsg08ZHUlpxjxrsg

There's a custom resolution mod, but it doesn't work with the latest patch.

1 was good, over fast but memorable. Should force a full restart in games like this for death.

I saw some people play 2 and I didn't like the feel of that. Time wasting addiction. Not playing because they want to. Just feeling compelled to, that and low standards. Playing things and talking about them, rather than talking about what they like.

If another is made, should ignore 2. I did, forgetting what you don't like is a skill/gift. Shouldn't throw it away. 1's story was in the music. The town, blacksmith, cain, butcher, desolation in the town and the mountain path elsewhere. I thought that path would be cleared like pokemon or something. Like Zork, find a way. Going on.

Very beautiful memory. Ascociated stuff. Doesn't belong with others. I'll deny others knew it the same. Was common, another thing good too, long ago. Everything seemed from ages past. Things should be made that way. For their origins.

Another would need 3D landscape captured from above in 2D layers seperated for a 3D effect. Such as several for the ground, to make rocks, grass etc pop out and move correctly with wind.

Try for as much realism as possible. World that can be presumed for familiar truth with same people.

Little repetition including trees. 3D world built first. Kept and used again when hardware able to handle that level of detail. (Try for the most complex visuals possible). For nostalgic people who liked the game, and have it again differently that does wonder to their memory.

Zoom far out so all is highly pixelated. Nothing smooth except for animations and silver gradients. Maybe. Resolve pixel shimmering with motion blur.

Gameplay focused on day and night cycle. More dangerous at night, but more enemies during the day. So slay hundreds between towns or up a path to a lair.

No witch killing. More preists and such pretending to be what they are against. Giving them stereotypes. People not swayed by new developments as reality go on being blacksmiths and whatnot and suffering but not disconected from how things should be. Maybe never really there. Preists and co having never done a day's work in their existance, go with whatever power is on offer for them to consume. Mutilating people etc in search of power. Power to do what? To avoid being destroyed durin rescue or revenge. Shocked fathers, lovers etc doing things to them that they'd rather be on the other side of. Long past any point of forgiveness is the argument that doesn't stand, reality is they just don't matter. They aren't a part of good. And that's them, no other influence. No excuses, everyone has it hard. Those spoilt are no good.

So blacksmith doesn't have contempt. There's no justification at all. They are doing what they determine they will get away with.

Punishment is part of the problem. And you are a fact of life. Coming as expected not good or bad, like the world. As needed, maintaining things.

People don't know and don't want to.

Those taking credit are an in redible insult and are about to pay the price.

You're close to being on the other side of things. But still one of them. Blacksmith etc. and how long you hold out up to you. No audience. Just faith. A good send off. And remain in memory. Returning the same the hope. Things getting better from you, and for you the same. Them a part of things better. Beauty, love.

The world, anothe side and definately not them. But not despised. Just away, deserved a place. A reminder of the worth of others and shelter from it.

A struggle to rememer that is yours. As others try to claim it theirs. People own themselves and the world around them.

No tax. No other authority on their lives but their truth and hope to eachother. Their faith in eachother and effort to raise eachother, things and world.

All theirs. Not small enough to be controlled or arranged by any other.

So they can't betray. They remain even if all dead or entirely changed.

Rest is part of faith to prove right. Past proving them false a lie. All duty to you. Past included. All damage on them your fault and yours to repair right.

Go out and show that world true.

Subjected to otherwise and odds so immense others have knelt to, so that something may remain.

A lie. Alone. Memories distant where they're still (safe) existant. Where that all still is.

Turn the tide of all this.

Slain sent to the ground where you may have to go too to hold them away forever. No need for someone else. They can say they sent someone away once.

I doubt that'll ever happen, unfortunately. Even the most known D2 private servers have a player base of around 50 people.