Quake thread

Why aren't you playing the greatest idSoft shooter of all time right now?
Fuck vores

Other urls found in this thread:

quakeone.com/forums/quake-help/multiplayer/9203-help-setting-up-lan-game.html
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=118401000
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like the music

Are there any good singleplayer mods or maps that i should check out?

I started this chart, but it's far from being complete because anons in the last thread were arguing over stupid shit, which derailed the thread.

Navy Seals Quake

Started playing it yesterday. I really don't have a lot of time for vidya, so I'll chip away at it slowly.

I like Quake but I prefer Doom.

Tried it. A shame it's a mod in kit: the version I downloaded only features 3 levels which need to be accessed via the console, and it's obvious it never go finished.

I tend to go back and forth. Doom has more satisfying weapons, but Quake has some of the best movement of any game I've ever played.

Because it controls like ass and the shotguns suck.

Kill yourself faggot

I don't feel like re-beating The Pain Maze

Shouldn't you be bunnyhopping with a peashooter, Quakecuck?

Was there ever a game that has Quake's visuals, movement, and level/enemy design but with Doom's satisfying weapons?

And please tell us user. What's a better game than Quake?

DOOM

That isn't Doom

Because I'm playing a far superior game: Terminator Future Shock!
The graphics, music, and sound effects are superb.
Thank you for my childhood, Todd Howard!

its always the same person who posts this shit open world bethesda game

No it isn't.

it actually isn't this time, dubsmen, I just wanted to make fun of that faggot

every bit of game play on youtube makes it look like a bad doom-system shock clone. It is better looking than some of the other shooters of the time, but compared to the stand out titles, duke, system shock, blood, and of course, quake, it looks like a mediocre and bland shooter with terrible audio. At least I can say it looks like it plays pretty smoothly and some of the environments seem pretty detailed.

Seriously just comparing the action of a mission in this game to a level in quake, in 30 seconds you can get a feel for the high energy, dangerous combat in quake, in the same amount of time you'll see a few awkward grenade tosses and retarded polygonal chunks flipping around from non-intimidating robot enemies as they are destroyed.

it's hard to tell, you do it very well.

user, you flatter me. I can't imagine somebody pretending to love this perfect, open-world, exploration based game with enemies that feel like actual metal monsters because your guns do fuckall damage WITHOUT actually loving this perfect piece of gaming art.

awwww

nice chart

but how do I set up lan multiplayer on quakespasm

RIP In Peace Thread. Again.

No idea. I play SP, but you can check QuakeOne's forum (I take command line parameters shouldn't change much from engine to engine, whether it's QuakeWorld or NetQuake):
quakeone.com/forums/quake-help/multiplayer/9203-help-setting-up-lan-game.html

They explain the difference between QuakeNet and QuakeWorld here, with a list of ports more oriented for multiplayer:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=118401000

i like quake 1. this is a bump.

Well I suppose you could just tweak Quake a bit to make the weapons do more damage. I'm sure there's a mod that does that.

Modifying weapons damage can be done in ten minutes, but I think you'd also need to change the sound design and gun animations.