So, can someone actually explain me how this is the best *game* of 2015?

So, can someone actually explain me how this is the best *game* of 2015?
I mean, the best game of the year should be excellent gameplay wise, but is actually Witcher 3 so?

Combat is mediocre at best and infuriating at worst. Controls are clunky and break the flow.
Fights are predictable, level design is absolutely standard for the genre.
Movement is atrocious on foot and if possible even worse on horse.

I also consider the plot to be derivative and childish, but that's totally a matter of taste.

Gameplay wise though, this game is a 7 at the very best.
So what?
Can you explain me, did you see something I didn't?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/G2qQZzhVAhY?t=261
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There hasn't been a good game since 2008.

There has never been a good game.

It was story heavy and within the first 15-30 min of the game I had to listen to the struggles of a gay man who had felt rejected by society. Good game, everybody clap. I love diversity. I love Hilary Clinton. Hail Obama. Please don't shoot.

No, the best should be just better than all other contestants, it doesn't have to excel in anything

what should be the best game of 2015? fallout 4?

That's almost never true
"game of the year" is more or less a popularity contest

You are looking at if from the from wrong side

Best graphics
Best music
Best story
Hundreds of hous of content
Gameplay is better than the average Batman clone crap, hell even the last Batman game got so retarded that his clones are now all less casual

AAA games these days would even make to a top 10 of the year if the people cared about the gameplay first

What do you think should be game of the year OP?

MGSV was about a million times better than the fucking Witcher

Flaws and downgrade aside, the enviroments are huge, full of interesting shit to find, and they feel very organic. It was fun enough to grab me for 200+ hours, so yeah, it's pretty damn good. I'd call it GOTY of the year too.

MGS V
Bloodborne
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Undertale

Well… That only happens if you keep digging. He tells you to drop it, I think a couple of times.

Is there a button to fast foward threads on Holla Forums?

I've seen this OP a million times before with a million different games, same wording, same opinions "can someone explain to me why X".
Then people like come out with some good points, some bad points, people either agree with them or not.

All of this in a sea of one time posts, either a quick shitpost or a "joke" that isn't funny to anyone but the poster themselves, or a quick opinion nobody fucking reads anyway.

You know when you've seen a movie a million times before but a friend forces you to watch that movie again because he REALLY likes it, but you've seen it so many times you just sit trough the whole thing bored to tears and the only thing you're looking fowards is the end credits?

This is how these threads feel to me now.
I want a button i can press and these threads fast foward to the last 2 posts talking about the usual bullshit or saging a long dead thread and we can move on to hopefully more interesting threads.

So you decided to act like an erarnd boy and hear the sob story of some peasant instead of doing your time sensitive witcher job. And got triggered because a homo faggot was excluded from his village like he should be?

You were the sjw all along faggot

if it's not on pc then no it shouldn't be.

I know where you are coming from, but it's not like you can do anything about it, they are still good games.

Also, I should have precised "Xenoblade Chronicles X Uncensored Undubbed Patched Fan-Made Verison"

Wasn't that degenerate chased out of his village for being a fudge-packing degenerate.

fucking master race faggots

It has a lot of content for the price, something which customer sheeps aren't used to anymore.

Gameplay wise those are all better, but Witcher 3 is a better product than each of them.

no, it was repetitive boring shit with copypasta missions and boring tunnel-enviroments.

I got an undub a long time ago. Is there a newer one that restores tiddy slider or is that still impossible?

Here's the button you're looking for m8

Hype, hype and yet more bloody hype. Objectively OK/10, would pirate W4.

Wasn't it like this long ago? It's the price we pay for being an active board. You just have to keep ignoring and/or hiding obvious template threads.

Strange thing is that this time critics and players seem to agree, this is it, this is the best game ever.

And it turns out that 99% of the players and critics that say so refer to strictly not videogaming qualities about this game when citing it as the best game ever.

I'm just explaining why our culture makers picked this title as game of the year, you presumptuous slut.

Yeah. It was pretty funny. You're supposed to feel bad, but the witcher just laughs at him.

I can't think of any good games that came out in 2015 other than Bloodborne, though I'm quite sure that I'm forgetting at least a couple fun indie or nip games.

And yes TW3 is tolerable at best but it usually isn't tolerable between boring characters (especially Geralt), shitty combat, no RPG mechanics of any significance, open world meme features like quest markers, and the story is super predictable (at least from the first couple hours I played).

Anyone that thinks that it's good is a casual that wants to pretend like they have good taste, TW3 is to RPGs as TLoU is to third person shooters.

I feel the same way, but you have to consider that you are also part of the problem. Make threads that you want to see.

Your threads might be shit and maybe you should figure out how to remedy that.

simple, all other games were SJW shit.

You're far worse than these threads

Also these threads are fine because there is actual discussion going on. Sure they have the same format as a billion other threads, but they're usually about different games so I don't see what wrong with them.

It's an open world medieval game, a genre which lacks good combat systems. The only other games you can compare Witcher 3 are Skyrim and Oblivion. Until a sword fighting 100+ hours game has better combat than Withcer 3, there's no precedent to call its combat bad. I get it, it's not very fun, but it's hard and non obnoxious enough to work.

The atmosphere, world design and freedom in the game are GOTY material, though. Not to mention great writing.

you sound mad

They were plain shit, mostly.

Actually my threads lately are getting replies, it's just that the board has reached such a level of meta omnishitposting that the only way to make a non-bait thread with a bunch of replies is to make them as vanilla as possible.

It's sorta like making a thread for tumblr, you have to make sure nobody gets triggered.
It's really fucking boring.

Why would i sage?
This isn't reddit, sage isn't a downvote.

Cuckchan called, they want their contrarians back.

You sound like you're from 2012 Holla Forums, go fuck yourself if you have nothing to contribute.

If we're really going to compare every game with an open world for its melee combat then you are forgetting a couple games. Dragon's Dogma and Mountain Blade have fantastic combat and they're open world games. You can also make the argument that DaS1 is open world too.

Do you even know what sage does? If you think that a particular thread is bad and lacks interesting discussion but want to post in it anyways you sage it so your bump doesn't make it more popular.

oh yeah, real mad

You have a point with Dragon's Dogma, but that kind of combat won't work for a Witcher game.
M&B is hack n slash primarily with a different focus.

Name 1 thing about TW3's gameplay that is good compared to something else released that year like Bloodborne. Hard mode: no talking about framerate

And why exactly would that be? You hunt beasts, harvest materials from said beasts or plants to make potions, and can use magic if you choose.

Yeah, it lets you post in a thread without bumping it.
So what?
Who the hell even browses Holla Forums ordering threads by bump order, all you get are the same 2-3 clickbait threads with tons of shitposting in it, i always browse Holla Forums by ordering them by newest posted, so that i can post in small threads before they turn to shit.

Doesn't everyone do that?
I mean i assumed everyone browsed Holla Forums this way by now, you'd be retarded to do otherwise.
Bumping or saging is meaningless once you browse Holla Forums like this.

Not compatible with Witcher's fighting style. You'd have fans crying lore rape and they'd have a point.

What the fuck do you mean fighting style? Do you mean the actual animations?

I certainly was not suggesting you port the combat system 1:1 without changing a single thing, I was just saying that it's a better combat system where you pretty much do the same thing.

All you'd do is make the weapon swings look more fancy but keep the way that combat actually works (hitbox based, no auto jumping to enemies/autoaim, climbing monsters to stab in weak points, etc). You'd probably also swap around the potions to make them long lasting passive buffs rather than stuff you use mid combat, and boom there you have it: a Witcher game that isn't shit.

I finished both games and 95% of MGS V was boring as fuck filler.

what the hell is that…thing?

Also DD does a far better job of encouraging you to learn the monsters before fighting them. Stuff like knowing to use fire on the wings of a Griffon, knowing that Ogres go ham on female characters so you don't bring any squishy female mages, knowing that Drakes are immune to damage everywhere except their heart, etc.

DD plays the way that it plays because it has Capcom behind it, currently Capcom is the lead company when it comes to animations and engines that support amazing feedback when it comes to third person combat.

DD, Basara, Monster Hunter, etc.
Not every company is Capcom.

When a company is smaller, or less skilled, or literally lacks the resources and experiences to pull off certain things in their games from a technical point of view, they resort to abstractions instead, thus the batman fighting system.
These guys come from a background of point and click WRPGs, they don't know enough to do the same things Capcom is doing right now.
I don't think there's any shame in that.

They should strive to be better and make their combat system more involving, but when you lack people that know what they're doing it's not such an easy step, they're essentially crossing into the realm of ARPG without really having much experience in it.

It also doesn't help that 90% of all western developers have absolutely no fucking clue what they're doing in terms of animations in general, and even less when it comes to third person action games.
The last satisfying third person melee focused action game i played from a western dev were Severance and Rune, and that was quite a lot of time ago.

the average poster on cuckchan /fit/

Here's a question Holla Forums, what was your GOTY 2015? That game you played and really loved even though it won't get the recognition you feel it deserves?

Most people who browsed imageboards before 2011.
Yes, because it's not like new threads don't default to the top of bump order or anything.

Dragon's Dogma was made on an even smaller budget than TW3 and anyone can license MTframework if they choose to. There's nothing stopping CDPR from making a good game other than the incompetence of their own designers.

Either Bloodborne or EDF 4.1, though I didn't play the latter until the PC port last month

To be fair you can count the number of cRPGs (or derivatives) that don't have shit combat on one hand.

Where Witcher 3 fails is not forcing the player to do his research on monsters and prepare accordingly when facing them.

But likely had an staff of industry veterans with years of experience in making responsive combat.

On the other hand Capcom routinely drops the ball in terms of storytelling, which, granted, isn't the priority with their games, but then again neither is combat the priority for CDPR.

It's better than most cRPG combat at least.

I'm compelled to ask what you actually think is wrong with most CRPG combat systems but I'm almost certain your response will focus on of dice rolls.

Witcher was the least problematic compared to the other challengers. One had misogyny painted all over and the other had too much period spilt everywhere and pregnancy which is a taboo subject for feminists. It's an obvious win see the year before it

Yeah if you're judging it in the same way you judge action combat, but the quality of any gameplay is based on how often you are confronted with difficult decisions and any CRPG does this far better than TW3. In TW3 you just press the attack button to automatically leap towards the nearest enemy and attack, then dodge away or parry when you're in danger. In something like Baldur's Gate there can be a lot more going on, like if you've got a bunch of enemies surrounding your tank and you can use a big fire spell to take them all out but damage your tank or try to fight them one on one which might use more total mana from your mages but you could also have the tank start running away to get out of the circle but that could make him lose aggro on some of the enemies which might put your mage in harm way but if he used ironflesh he'd probably be fine in time to unleash the firestorm but if the enemy mage aggros on him he could be silenced but…

I think you get the point.

I thought DA:I was tumblr central, what problematic triggering misogyny was in it?

Name a few cRPG games with good combat.

Nigger, what the fuck are you talking about? The Witcher games do moral ambiguity better than most.

lel

Yeah, your opinions are shit.

IE games are a disaster in terms of combat mechanics, fights routinely degenerate into clusterfucks, they rely more on knowing what you will encounter beforehand so you can cheese the shit out of it with spells than any tactical decision making.

If you had mentioned Jagged Alliance or ToEE I might have agreed with you, this way you only end up looking retarded.

lel to even be able to build a pc you have to be in decent shape

A template thread?
There's that button at the top that says [Go to Bottom]

I'm sorry fam, since when did you make these difficult moral decisions in the middle of combat?

The decisions = dialogue choices meme needs to die in a fire. Those are the worst examples of decisions in games byfar because all you do is choose A, B, or C. If racing games had the same gameplay as dialogue in shitty RPG wannabes like Witcher, when you came up to a turn the game would ask "Would you like to turn left, right, or go straight?" and you'd choose one of those three options. Fortunately Wicher games are not the shining examples of decision making in gaming that people hype them up to be thus racing games aren't completely retarded.

I haven't played much of BG1, just 2 which is mostly balanced just fine.

Trails in the Sky SC came out last year, right?

Seems to me you haven't played that many cRPGs at all if you think IE combat is good.

Then again, you're the fuckwit that thinks story reactivity is nothing, when that's the main draw of cRPGs, so why should I give a fuck about your opinions?

Bloodborne is a solid game though

You do know Geralt doesn't have a party, right? He travels and fights alone, you only control Geralt. You don't have a "tank" and a "mage", you have fucking Geralt.
You know what you can do in TW3 if you are surrounded by enemies? You can turtle with quen, burn in an arch with igni, knock them down with aard, slash them in a whirl with your sword, throw a bomb under yourself and damage everyone including Geralt. Or you could dodge, but shit doesn't actually work that simple. Even late game human enemies, who are the easiest ones at the game chase you when you dodge, so if you stop for even a second you get hit right in the fucking face. If there are many enemies then just dodging is barely possible.

lol

It's batman combat user
it's shit

What is shit about it?

It's two click rhythm combat, there's no real depth to it and the addition of Quen means the player is never under any real threat

Quen gets dispelled in 4 or so hits and enemies don't stop attacking you when you are in your attack animations.
Not only that, quen also stops your vigor regeneration so you're double fucked.
Unless you build your character around it, your strategy is a top tier way to get killed.

Also what in your opinion is an RPG with a deep combat system?

One hit unless you are completely overleveled or playing on easy, and Blood and Wine specifically adds enemies that hit multiple times in a row to punish quen spam.

you caught me

I certainly don't think story reactivity is nothing, I'm just saying that the gameplay of it is far behind the gameplay of almost everything else you see in games.

That isn't what I meant, I meant that "story decisions" are not the only decision making and if they were then games would be shit. Combat is just a generally good example of gameplay, and I didn't even use combat as an example I used movement in a racing game.

Yeah, it's still better than combat in FO1, 2 and Arcanum, or Baldur's Gate, or any BioWare game, or pretty much any cRPG you care to name.

Also, there's nothing wrong with the combat in the Batman games.

Yeah, that's a clear example of bullshit. The games might not be hard, but later into the game you can't just keep on bashing the attack button to win, there's plenty of enemy that specifically stop you from winning that way such as enemies with riot shields and cattle prods, or the heavies.

Oh, and you'll have a bad time doing that if you try just mashing the button when there's enemies with guns around, they'll cut you down in no time.

And that's ignoring the fact that if there's more than four enemies they will gang up on you and punch you in sequence if you didn't press the counter button.

The combat might not be all that deep or challenging, but implying that it lacks any need to actually engage in it is clearly false.

fuck off

How do you define good combat? Combat that "looks cool" and has "cinematic animations"?

Good combat has good decision making just like any other part of a game, and if you seriously think you make more difficult decisions while mashing M1/M2 than you do in Divinity:OS then you're out of your mind.

Literally nobody believes that "shill"

Again, what are the examples you are talking about?

If you're specifically talking about cRPGs then no, it's not "far behind", it's actually quite ahead of the competition.

You do realize that the game allows for you to specialize Geralt in several ways, right?

I don't understand what this decision making bullshit is even about.

IE games basically demand the player know exactly what kind of enemies they will be facing ahead (mostly through savescumming) to spec their spellcasters accordingly.

The Witcher expects the player to apply oils and drink potions depending on what enemy they are facing. If nothing else, they attempt to make preparation before battle an integral part of gameplay.

Did I say Arkham style combat is good? I just wanted to point out it's not as simplistic a button masher as you make it out to be.

The Souls games and DD are good examples of ARPG combat.

Nigger, learn some words so you can read shit properly.

Here, I'll even quote myself for you and bold it so you can pay attention
>The combat might not be all that deep or challenging, but implying that it lacks any need to actually engage in it is clearly false.

You do realize that anyone could have made that post, right? That it isn't incontrovertible proof of any conspiracy to promote an agenda, and that its likely your own bias alone that makes you believe a random post on a mongolian picture dump?

Batman combat is reactive action gameplay.
Witcher combat is the one where you need decision making for crowd control and survival. Comparing the two is beyond retarded and using Batman combat as a negative trait makes you sound like a hipster more than anything.

literally tumbrl, are ou lost fagboi?

bloodborne did come out in 2015, and it was the best game of the year

I'm talking about motherfucking video games, I gave an example comparing RPG dialogue to racing games here . And if you want an example that is specifically about the world reacting to your decisions in dialogue, go play any GSG ever (like CK2).

Yeah you can use magic, swords, the crossbow, explosive things, and potions. Oh wait, you do all of those by default. All you can do is make the numbers on each of those higher. Compare that kind of specialization to the variety of builds you can make in any RPG that isn't dogshit, even non CRPGs like Dark Souls have infinitely more build variety.

Then why are you defending this game so hard? The primary gameplay elements are either choosing A, B, or C in story sections OR interacting with the shitty combat system. It's a game with shit gameplay, do you actually work for CDPR or are you doing it for free?

I don't give a shit about whether Geralt has a party, the bottom line is that the combat has far less depth than even the shittiest of CRPGs.

Both games have no sense of depth or resource management during combat compared to something like the souls games. In a souls game, you have to pay close attention to the timing of you and the enemy's swings, the distance you are from an enemy, your weapon reach with each attack, you and the opponent's stamina, the direction your weapon is swinging in (lockon is for casuals), the amount of poise you need to break or take when attacking, and of course the actual hitboxes of your weapons and the enemy. In TW3/Arkham combat, out of all those the only thing that is an actual factor is timing. Out of the several hours I played on the hardest difficulty I did not encounter any combat situation that required me to do anything other than press LMB when an enemy was open and spacebar to roll away when they weren't. Occasionally I used spells to damage enemies or buff myself but they didn't actually change the combat.

tl;dr
it's shit because buzzword*

*buzzword this time is "depth"

Okay buddy.

It's an RPG. It excelled at being an RPG. It's not hard to understand why it got called goty by so many.

people with shit taste, true. Why do RPG players hate game play?

Ah, it's one of those "everything else except a few niche titles I love is for gameplay hating sjws ruining games"
I'm getting sick of you cunts.

Because the genre focuses on story/storytelling over gameplay. Which is why people judge the genre based off the story/storytelling more than the gameplay.

Not exactly true. If Witcher 3's gamepaly was shit, story wouldn't get a pass. But exploration is almost excelent, open world is almost great, character building is very good and combat is fine.
The autist in this thread is yelling that fine combat is shit because it's not deep by some arbitrary scale pulled from his very favorite most deep game ever.

So what elevates Witcher 3 from passable meh game is open world/exploration and to a low great one is story and atmosphere.

That's not story > gameplay. It's much more complex and reasonable than this strawman.

At first I was going to reply and say that Mass Effect isn't a CRPG (which I do believe), but even ME has better combat than Witcher just because you actually have to aim and sometimes lead your targets. Certainly not good combat by any means, but I'll take it over Arkhamshit.

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is a better RPG than TW3. In the singleplayer there's several decisions that are built into the gameplay organically, like you can shoot a dude and if you do there's lasting consequences. There isn't a dialogue prompt that pops up and says "DO U WANNA SHOOT THIS DUDE? [yes] [no]", and you might not know that this is any different from regular gameplay. And in the multiplayer you can make builds that are far more varied than how you can build Geralt. My point is not that BLOPS2 is a good game, it's a shitty COD game just like the rest. My point is that TW3 is hardly an RPG. RPGs are not about fantasy/sci fi settings, dialogue boxes, open worlds, and story. They're about making a role and interacting with the world as if you really were the person in that role.

and you're playing the role of Mario in super mario.

Have you played a tabletop RPG ever in your life? Storytelling IS gameplay, there is no distinction. Computer RPGs try to translate this as closely as possible but without a DM that isn't possible. The best CRPGs are the ones that have the best gameplay, just as any other game.

I've never even seen a Witcherfag defend TW's builds, what in the world do you think is good about the shitty perk tree and linear number upgrades?

I'd say something about apples and oranges but since you're using two SRPGs as the gold standard for CRPGs I think that would be lost on you.

See that big fucking triangle? Take a guess what it means.

I do think game play is very important. It's always a good idea to make a good game, but you look at TW3 and it makes some basic mistakes like having animations of inconsistent length for the same type of attack. This is a very amateurish mistake for any developer to make. Yes, Japanese devs often agree with my stance on this, game play is most important and they usually make their games with that being the focus.

it doesn't need to compromise between one or the other. Personally I find choice to be more meaningful when it's placed in to game play scenarios rather than story scenarios. After all, what you do and how you do it is far more interesting than picking one of many pre-canned responses to a dialog option. In some games that may decide what you have to do next, but this is far less interesting than how you do it. Do you not agree? I do ultimately feel that story is best served in games as a vehicle for good game play, good game play scenarios and new ideas to challenge the player. A game with great game play can bring you back to replaying it dozens of times in a row, only to return to it a year or more later and play it a few more times. A game with a great story is only particularly novel once. It's value is far more limited in this sense, and who's to say you'll even play it again? And if you do, won't you want to wait until the stories details are muddied or forgotten so it can feel fresh again?

I honestly have a hard time remembering much about the story in TW2, the last witcher game I played. But elements of the story and events in something like demon's souls is still fresh in my mind. Great game play gave those little elements of story far more impact and even context than any of the lines geralt grunts or the realistic peasantry and foul mouthed local life could ever hold.

Gratuitous autoaim is still better than absolute autoaim. You can be looking and moving in the opposite direction of an enemy in TW3 and when you press the attack button it will still autoleap you towards the closest dude.

And at no point did I say ME has good combat in any way. Just that it's better than TW3's.

it doesn't help that mass effects RPG elements are incredibly boring and ineffective at influencing the utterly shit weapons design and absolutely horrendous level design. It's better to judge that game as a shooter, since that's the only part of the game that actually has an impact on how it fucking plays.

RPGs are not about fantasy/sci fi settings, dialogue boxes, open worlds, and story. They're about making a role and interacting with the world as if you really were the person in that role.
Yeah, like Deus Ex, where you are JC Denton who has a predetermined family. Or VTMB, where your character's attitude is dependant on your clan. Or Planescape Torment. Or Baldur's Gate, where the protagonist has a family.
Gee, I guess all those aren't RPGs then.

holy shit. I remember in interviews CDPR said the combat in TW2 was inspired by things like demon's souls. I could see a shallow influence but frankly it's an insult to demon's souls careful, plodding and deliberately paced stamina-centric combat system– but that shit is just embarrassing. I know combat is only like, 70% of what you do in TW3, but god damn at least make it good. That is some shadow of mordor garbage.

The best game of 2015 wasn't released in 2015. Most older games are always better than newer ones in the same genre.

does this not lead to the "doom is an rpg" fallacy that some drooling retards like to toss around? I get what you mean, and largely agree with you - but generally games should make the role you play interesting. Designers should ask, what is it like to play something like a thief? In real time? RPG may be best reserved for genre's that rely on readable abstraction of elements. Speaking of Thieves, it's interesting reading design docs about thief the dark project. LGS' team asked the same question I proposed "what is it like to play a thief? How do they control? How do they move around the world and what would they do? What kind of tools do they have" etc, etc. This led to some amazing game play from that game. It helps that LGS was willing to pioneer new ideas and design.

bloodborne my boy, you really ought to try it.

yeah I am not going to spend 400$ just to try one game.I'd stick with my pc.

The open world was terrible.

No you don't retard.

You are.

Realistically you do. It's be nice if devs had infinite money, time, and talented devs to make a game, but they don't. They have their budgets and goals. When you start trying to do everything you end up with feature bloat, and you get games like shekel citizen and nu male sky.
Would it be nice if every RPG had amazing gameplay? Sure. Is it realistic? No.

It doesn't do anything new or innovative, it's not better than its predecessors.

Perhaps the stat system isn't the only thing that makes an RPG? Thief is also not a fucking rpg in the slightest, it's a linear stealth action game.

it is better than its predecessors, and does plenty of new and innovative things. Splatoon was also a great game, but the single player was sadly under developed.

it may be nicer if they focused on something more meaningful then, like game play. Like I said earlier it's possible to give stories more weight and impact than by shoving dialog boxes in your face

never said thief was an RPG? But the idea for LGS was influenced by tabletop thief classes. It's the sense of abstraction of game play elements that best describes what makes a game an RPG. Stats, selecting attacks and things of that sort. You can still derive meaningful and interesting game play from this, bravely default did a superb job with its boss designs.

What's an RPG?

I think TW3 should be judged as an action-adventure game rather than an RPG just as ME should be judged as a TPS.

I don't think Dude Sex is a good RPG despite believing that it's a good game.
You still get to choose that clan and some of them are pretty neutral in dialogue
Same as Do us sex

I'm still mad about that game, the nemesis system looks so cool that I felt that I was prepared to stomach the Arkhamshit combat just to play it but I found it to be even worse than Arkhamshit just because of how insultingly easy it is. At least maintaining a combo in Arkham requires decent timing, this is just unforgivable.

While that's true I think if you're going to look at it that way, there's no reason to say "Best game of 2015" rather than "Best game of all time"

He meant that there are games made in previous years that were better than Bloodborne, and while I think that Bloodborne was the best game released last year by a hefty margin (followed by EDF 4.1), it certainly isn't the best game of all time.

No but you have to play it. In a tabletop RPG, you can just get a preset character and still have the RPG experience because playing it is more involved than making it. This is the part where videogames generally fail at, because the challenge in playing a role is to act as them without direction. If you are playing a psychopath and find yourself in a situation to do something evil, you have to have the drive to actually come up with something evil to do. The DM isn't going to say "Hey Psychopath, would you like to do something A: Evil or B: Good?", but that's exactly what you see in most games. Games have a terrible time emulating what makes role playing games fun, and the only thing they can nearly do 1:1 is character creation.

Are you suggesting that we call Halo an RPG because you play the role of Master Chief?

Then what the hell do you consider a good RPG? Fallout and Arcanum?

Literally more boring than even FO4.

Dumbed down cash in souls ripoff with no gameplay or performance improvements at all.

Memegame of the year more like.

If you're judging game of the year by games released outside of the year it's from…what's the point of even having the label? Sorry, there were many great games released in 2015, EDF4.1, bloodborne, splatoon all being among them. While I think EDF is a bit looser with its design, the latter two have incredibly tight design that deserves assessment, praise, and are some pretty important games in their own right.

I can climb it?

And I forgot to mention in that post, even the ones I don't consider to be RPGs still are more RPG than Witcher is because of builds. Sure JC is a predefined character in terms of personality, but you can specialize him with the stats system to some extent and make your own build (hacker who is very good in hazardous environments, silent lockpicking ghost, dude who runs in and shoots everyone, etc). In TW3 you can be "Geralt that uses all of his techniques but uses his magic a bit more, Geralt that uses all of his techniques but uses potions a bit more, etc"

Those are solid RPGs, out of all games I suppose Dorf Fort and M&B are the best RPGs I've played. They aren't my favorite games, they just do the RP part of RPG the best.

Yes that's what I was trying to tell that guy too.

Even if every game released that year is shit there's still going to be one that is less shit than everything else, which is either Bloodborne, Splatoon, or EDF 4.1
come on you must admit that the regain system and faster boss fights like Gascoigne were improvements

Nigger. BloodBorne has the best gameplay of the series.

No because you aren't supposed to be role playing as chief. You're just playing as Master Chief, that's the difference. In the Witcher games you're supposed to role play as Geralt of Rivia, the Witcher. Wether if the games succeeds at that is subjective, but that's what the game is trying to get you to do. I think it fails somewhat, especially as a series because your choices as Geralt don't change anything as the series progressives.

Not really, that only happens if you just pick the lowest shit from every tree and become a jack of all trades. The shit you can do with potions in 2 and 3 can turn you in a murder machine, and magic itself can be leveled far enough that it's the only thing you are good at.

Also, what role are you playing at Dorf Fort?

I was talking about ACTUAL improvements. It was 2015 and Severance still had better combat. It was just CoD MW3 style milking.

Nah, it was shit. Instead of actually fixing the clunky two buttons simon says combat, they make it faster.

severance combat really isn't that great.

Games where the mechanics and challenges are based around character progression and management. This manifests in the interactions in the game (dialogue, puzzles, combat, etc) which are informed by how you build you character(s).

I hope you're only referring to Adventure Mode.

Why? It was more dynamic and allowed more movesets. Heavily built characters can only avoid attacks by quickly ducking, while the lightly built characters can roll. The blood splatters and dead animations are far more varied and interesting. Not combat, but the level design far more resembles actual dungeon crawler. The only flaw is the health sponge, combo happy enemies. If you can edit that out in the cfg files, it would be a perfect game.

It's good combat, don't get me wrong, but it gets a lot of undue praise and I'm not convinced it's for any reason other than it being a pretty good melee combat game exclusive to the PC. It's rigid, movement feels awkward to an extent that it services the game, but in a way providing an unreasonable limitation on the players potential for control in a combat situation. The move system would have been better built around a controller too, keyboard input is just too rigid for a game like that.

What? It's only attack button + WASD movesets. It's very simple, since the movesets were directional too. And it's no way rigid, everything about the combat was fluid. I think you just don't know how to make a good control scheme for that game. With WASD+Numpad instead of WASD+mouse, it would control very nicely.

You're sure easy to spot

It feels more like a natural reflex based action than memorizing enemy patterns.

I understood what you meant, I am saying you post this exact same thing every single time Souls is mentioned

Maybe it was me, but I've been not here for months.

best rpg made in the last 10 years, stop being edgy faggots, I dare you to name a better game

Have you played adventure mode?

I thought that was implied

Here's 10 in no particular order: Bayonetta 1/2, E.Y.E, Fallout New Vegas, MGR, Dragon's Dogma, DaS1/3, DeS, Bloodborne

I could go on and continue to name games that are merely decent like Oneechanbara, EDF, or Shitran Kagaya because TW3 is far from "merely decent," it's trash

Stay mad

I can't hear you over the sound of 800 awards of TW3, the most awarded game of all time.

go read one piece since it's so great

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

I really can't tell if you're just pretending to be retarded at this point.

do all those awards make your choices in the previous games matter, or make the gameplay any deeper than 'spam light attack and fireball and sometimes trap if you're fighting ghosts but you don't really need to do that'

Well the joke is on you, coming into a thread about the witcher. You From Softfags didn't see that coming, did you?

I'll go for the latter.

He is clearly only pretending to be retarded to incite hostile responses. This phenomena is known as "baiting"

I could say the same for you FromSoft faggots. every From Soft game is basically articial difficulty.

Literal retardation.

What has better combat than Witcher 3?
What game gives you unpredictable fights?
What game has less clunky, better controls?
What game has advance level design?
What game has better movement for it's specific adventure genre?

What game combines all those things better than Witcher 3?

I'm tempted to say Arkham Knight is way better, of course, without taking into consideration the crashes. But in design, it's much better than Witcher.

These questions arise from knowing that is you criticize something as being mediocre then there obviously must be something that you've experienced to be much better in quality. Tell me what that is so I can go and play that game, because my backlog is about to run out.

Picture is completely related.

every game ever fucking made is artificial difficulty you retard
games are about learning rules and limitations and how to excel in skill without breaking them

Artifical difficulty basically is a cheap way without having good AI. Its a lazy way of game design.

no, nigger
you're saying it's trial and error
and i'm telling you that
every game that has ever been made, video-based or not, is trial and error

I agree with you, user. You're right and that other guy is wrong.

There are games with worse combat than TW3, and Holla Forums loves it.

Infact, many here play shitty waifu games that don't have anything going for it other than cute girls doing cute things. Tw3 on the other hand is a well made game. There is just some kind of hate boner for it, just because of the downgrade. I've gotten over it tbh.

Morrowind has worse combat than it,

Why are you guys in this thread? It doesn't concern you at all, get out.

Did you decide to stop shitposting or were you actually sincere in the first place?

You answered your own question, it wins by default.

I wasn't taking you seriously, because why should I? You were obviously shitposting by posting in a thread that has nothing to do with you.

Between the broken English, praising of Arkham Knight, and strange gay furry picture I really cannot tell if this post is serious or not, but if it is genuine then I would strongly recommend Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (pc version) to you. The combat is far better, the fights (especially when Chimeras are involved) are very unpredictable, the controls are super smooth, I don't know what advance level design means but the level design is better, and I guess the movement is about the same except that you can climb on big enemies to stab them in weak points which is fun.

Please make another post so I can have more information to determine whether you're being serious or not.

And you're rarely in combat in Morrowind, 97% of the game is wandering around doing story stuff or navigating the world without shitty gay quest markers. People don't praise Morrowind for the combat, the combat is almost universally despised. People praise it for having some of the best writing, setting, and art direction in the medium of video games, which is absolutely not something that TW3 can claim to have in the slightest.

Bloodborne was an 8.5 though, and TW3 is maybe a 4

You never once responded to me, so how could you?

Like it had no competition from the start

But I love you.

I should have checked my post for grammar.
Thanks I already have DD on my wishlist.

As for the Arkham Knight thing. I just managed to configure it in a way that didn't crash every 40 seconds and had a lot of fun with it. Also I didn't buy it, I steam shared it. :^)

Now you are shitposting

One of the strengths of TW3 is the art, story and characters.

Now, bugger off.

You clearly have no knowledge on it, and your just shitposting because your unfinished game game didn't win as many as TW3.

Funny how you write it off when pointed out how your favorite RPG has even worse combat than TW3, top kek.

You have to give them some credit, they were able to get game of the year in "the current year" with an open world that doesn't have a single nigger in it. (at least in the main game before the DLC)

That kinda sucks, niggers make good cannon fodder enemies.

That shows up when someone uses an ability. You have to aim your guns.

Do you think "I'm not shitposting you're shitposting" is really a great tactic?

Not even Witcher fans like W3

I'll give you that, but is it better than Morrowind's? Hint: the answer is absolutely not because it's generic and derivative.
nope
nope

And even if all 3 of those were really good, the reason Morrowind is praised is because to many, those 3 are some of the best in the medium. If you seriously think TW3's writing is remotely on par with the shit Kirkbride came up with then you clearly have not played Morrowind enough.

Because combat is just as much of a factor to Morrowind as the gambling minigame is in TW3. It exists and is shit, but if you don't like it you can avoid it entirely. I don't like Morrowind for the gameplay, it's pretty bad as a game. I merely like it for the writing and while TW3 does have better gameplay than Morrowind that doesn't make it good and it certainly doesn't have the writing to save it. Picture a movie where the video is a black screen and the audio is a reading of a beautifully written book. Now picture a movie that has some visual gibberish going on that is at least something that isn't a black screen, but the audio is just white noise. The blank movie is Morrowind and the gibberish movie is The Witcher. Just because TW does one thing better than something else doesn't mean it has more value as a piece of entertainment, even if that one thing is something very important like having video.

2015 was so shitty that it doesn't take that much to get to best categories.

Its art style is based on dark medeval fantasy that based on actual European fairy tales, and creatures from slavic mythology.

kek, Morrowind and pretty much all TES games give story dumps via reading journals and books.

I'm pretty sure Witcher characters and lore run circles around TES type story telling. Besides, Bethesda decided to shit all over it.

Seriously nigger? Where the fuck do you think we found out about witcher? The only ones who heard of it are from Poland. The games made the books popular.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Hence the "derivative"

Morrowind takes some inspiration from several cultures but ultimately it ends up being completely its own thing. Like what the fuck could you say the silt striders were inspired by?

Also how exactly is learning about the lore through dialogue in TW so much better than learning about it through books in Morrowind? I'd argue that it's far worse because each book taken on its own can be entertaining while giving you insight into the setting it was written in. You can learn about the setting in Morrowind at your own pace, if you want to go learn about the Telvanni then go to Tel Vos and start talking people or reading books you find there. If you don't give a shit about something then don't read it and go do something else. It respects your intelligence rather than shoving information down your throat in cutscenes/dialogue.

Having story arc dumps via books is a lazy way of writing and learning about the story.

Did you actually play Morrowind or read anything in it? Books mostly have nothing to do with the main story, they are all about their own self contained stories that happen to exist in the same setting as the rest of the game (or are in world works of fiction). The main story is told through dialogue, it might reference various historical events but the story itself isn't told through books.

I really don't think you played Morrowind and are just trying to defend Witcher 3 at any cost just because you can't accept the fact that maybe you don't like games, you like movies with shitty marty stu self insert protagonists.

i have never played morrowind and I have never played any of the witcher games

Which one should I play first?

I wonder what an internet without 3rd worlders like russians and brazilians and niggers having acces would look like.
I bet 90% of witcher 3 shitposters would disappear.

Morrowind, but I would not recommend it if you want a game with good gameplay. If you like to explore, learn about a very interesting setting, and start from nothing and end up as a literal god capable of leaping over mountains and smiting anything you please then play Morrowind, just know that a lot of the game will be very boring because you're just walking around from place to place. Also you have to genuinely enjoy reading to like it.

Don't play The Witcher under any circumstances, the best one is the first game but that isn't because its good, it just happens to be slightly more bearable than the sequels. Read the books if you're interested but know that they aren't great either.

Actually, play the Witcher games if you're a Neogaf user that really enjoys "cinematic experiences" with lots of cutscenes, deep and mature characters and a cool mature protagonist with white hair and scars that is brooding and has sex with lots of women and is mature and cool and super badass and has two swords and uses magic but hes not a mage or a warrior hes cooler than them such a cool guy hes also really mature and dark

If Splatoon didn't come out in 2015, my 2k15 GOTY would've been Assault Android Cactus for sure.

I hadn't heard of that game until you mentioned it now, looked it up and it looks neat. Thanks for the accidental recommendation, friend!

Ciri

Wait a minute you just defended Morrowind's method of story telling and now your saying the opposite? Very odd.

And I do like video games, are you seriously saying that TW3 is a fucking movie? Fuck off, you clearly haven;t played the games.

Stop shitting up the thread.

mmmmm

When did I say the opposite?

You contradicted yourself through here.

Pretty completely thread unrelated, but I have a question:
Does anybody remember this one non-english-probably-dwarven curse word that Zoltan uses a few times in the games?
Sounds something like "doober-shaise", or something along the lines. I can't google this shit.

First quote is talking about lore, second quote is talking about the main story, what's the problem?

Also why in the fuck would you quote text in this thread using screencaps?

Game is good, artwork excellent. Story and quests were all soap opera bullshit but that's the standard model for rpgs.

combat is shit though

Git fucking gud scrub. Combat's not anywhere near as bad as some fags claim it is, and is actually fairly decent for the genre. Geralt can parry, sidestep, every sign has a purpose in combat. etc.

TW3, like many RPGs, is good in that it provides an engrossing narrative, great characters, choices that matter, great dialogue. Personally I found the open world pretty great, it's big, expansive, has a lot of stuff hidden in it, pretty much every place has a little story or a full-blown sidequest attached that rewards you for completing it with lore, dialogue, and loot.

Compared to the recent shitfests we've been given, TW3 is a goddamn breath of fresh air because it's a great RPG. When the worst thing you can say about a game is that the combat or movement isn't great, just good/passable, then it's a pretty damn good game.

In The Witcher 3 I had a Geralt who was specialized almost entirely around swordplay and signs, who played pretty differently from my friend's Geralt who was built almost entirely around alchemy and bombs.

It's not the most deep thing on the planet, but it's definitely there.

I understand you're baiting to be 'le epic Holla Forumsirgin contrarian!' but goddamn.

Shills and doesn't matter wherever you got that statistic from it's just a marketing plot.
Also while witcher was always shit, it's not too unbelievable that 3 is the "best" (read least bad) thing to come out in 2015 seeing as no good game has come out in about 5 years

there's black succubi you can kill

he's a pc gamer, he may not have had anything but shit in the past 5 years, but he refuses to believe things can be better elsewhere if he's having such an awful time.

we both know that's not true

Are you saying W3 combat is somehow better than Bloodborne?

Consoles exclusives have the downside of costing the price of a console + tv + full prices game while multiplats do not. If 1 game costs 600€ its probably not very good investment dont you think?
And in the end it sold like 2mil copies on ps4, its niche compared to w3.

Why are we talking about bloodborne? Let's talk about Ciri instead.

well fug i thought you were saying bloodboner was a good game
it's better than witcher yes

Its really odd how both Holla Forums's when it comes to The Witcher, they have opposite views on it.

Ciris va sucked ass and made the game worse more effectively than any control issue.

I actually liked her voice, I love British accents.

Can we talk about how Griffith did nothing wrong instead?
:^)

Every ciri converstaion was Ciri fucking around pretending to be English royalty in a polish countryside setting. It was disconnected as fuck and made me not care because it didnt feel real or smooth.

was that you in the 4 AM thread yesterday?

And Geralt and every witcher has an American accent pretending to be a cowboy, Clint Eastwood or something.

This is where I first experienced Geralts VA and Ive been fine with it ever since.
youtu.be/G2qQZzhVAhY?t=261

What the are you talking about? how is all that makes BB a worst than W3 game? OP asked if there a better game than W3 in 2015. if a single platform peasant can't play BB, how does that make W3 automatically better. Thats just ignorance

Because being able to play the game is rather important, dont you think?

I can recognize you anywhere, cirifag.

One thing I should say I prefer TW2 voice, TW3 is too gravely for me.

Same VA, I know but still.

same tbqh

When it comes to action games, combat takes priority. I dont care if a game have the best graphic, huge world or the soundtrack is top notch but if the combat suck, the whole game suck because gameplay is the core of every game.

So every game that you can't play is automatically bad?

Being able to play the game is the #1 priority always. Without that literally nothing about the game matters.
Effectively every discussion about a console exclusive is free advertising for the console manufacturer, "BB is good, buy ps4" instead of "BB is good, buy it"

Games are so shit that something medicogre is the best

And your posts include "w3 combat is shit" x3 and "single platform peasant" x3
Not a whole lot going inside your head, is there?

Because I played both, unlike you who think a game is bad because you can't play it

No wait, the movement isn't just *not great*, is a piece of garbage that belongs to C-tier indie games.

writing was pretty good all around and i found the combat to be pretty good for an rpg.

what realy sucks about the game is the follow the red line bullshit. and exploration was boring, unrewarding and mechanicly pointless.

it was certainly the best rpg of the year. calling it the best game of the year is pointless since you would have to compare it to games from different genres.

and then theres that guy.

truely a game written by sjws.

It stands head and shoulders above other games released that year, I'd say its the most valuable/impactful game released since portal 2.

it's something like "Duvel-Scheiss". It's elder speak for devil-shit. They mention it a lot in the book while Ciri is learning other languages

Can you kill him? I haven't played a Witcher in a while and forget if you can destroy everyone or not.

It had some great writing, good graphics, interesting and memorable sidequests and the music was toppest of fucking notch. In any case, no one can argue that it doesn't completely shit all over Fallout 4.

probably
are you shitposting at me?

The two are related but are clearly different. Lore is about history in the past, while story is in the present.

And your geralt probably still occasionally used alchemy (maybe not bombs), while the other geralt almost certainly still used the swords and signs. If you didn't touch alchemy then you weren't playing as effectively as you should have because there's no reason not to at least have some shitty potions on you before a fight, any buffs > no buffs. And if you're going to say "well I have the freedom to not play as effectively as possible" then Quake 3 Arena is a better RPG because you can arbitrarily limit yourself to one weapon in that too, and there's more weapons.

It might not be worth the investment but that doesn't make it a worse game than TW3.

Bloodborne has better writing, better art direction, on par content, and the music was even better. It also had the good virtue of not having shit gameplay. Of course Bloodborne still wasn't that great of a game, but 2015 was particularly shit so the least terrible game wins.

I think $ony and anyone that likes them is cancer, I just played it on my roomate's P$4.

This game has the most autistic haters.

It's a good game, it has a lot of quality content, good production values, why are you so mad people found it the most enjoyable game of the year?

Maybe if Bloodborne wasn't the same game recycled for the fifth time people would give it more recognition

ya fell for it

Something fishy going on…

Oh, i get it, no console exclusive because autism.

Because it's not a good game.
You people keep talking about the load of content, the story, the music, the graphics.

None of you actually cites anything meaningful gameplay-wise, and that tells something.

yes it is

What makes it a good *game*?

Financial success of the company selling it.

150 hours worth of content in huge beautiful painstakingly detailed open world that feels realistic and lived in , along with good nonlinear storytelling and memorable characters

So nothing to write home about as far as videogaming goes, as i tought.

Yeah, well every game can't be revolutionary and innovative like Bloodborne

Here's some "games" I think you would really like

The combat is decent, but not as bad a Holla Forums says

nope

main plot was shit

nope

You're being vague and not explaining your reasoning.

I went on 4chan Holla Forums, and while some hated it. Most said they thought TW3 was a great game.

lol get a job kid

2015 was a shit year and Witcher 3 was popular with normalfags and games 'journalists'. Regardless it wasn't even the best RPG of 2015, that goes to Underrail.

I actually do like it.

Anyone have a link to the complete Polish language pack? Would be nice to do all the games in authentic slavspeak at some point. I see a torrent for it, but I don't think it includes the DLCs.

Why?

It's a pretty terrible third person shooter compared to something like Max Payne or Vanquish, and it's a pretty terrible RPG compared to even the most mediocre RPGs.

On top of all that it has some of the worst writing in the genre. The whole point of the game is to find out why the collectors were taking so many humans. And at the end, after you finally get to the ship you learn that they were harvesting humans to turn into goo that powers a giant skeleton robot with red eyes. Naturally, in this role playing game all about choice and consequence you deal with this giant skeleton robot with red eyes by shooting the glowy bits until it dies. This is the kind of shit I expect from a cheesy fun game like Earth Defense Force, not an RPG that pretends to be completely dark and serious. I really have no idea why ME2's ending was widely praised while 3's is probably the most infamous ending of any game. I guess it's because people think the quality of an ending is determined by how many different ones there are, not whether they're actually well written or respect your intelligence (not to say that ME3's ending was well written, though I guess it was slightly more bearable than 2's).

What the fuck nigga, nobody cares about those in a Mass Effect game. Point me to an alternative 3D space ship builder about bonding with your crew as you fly around flirting with a waifu.

In what way do you build the Normandy?

Are you telling me that you actually tolerate the presence of any of those she-goats? Bioware cannot into waifus in the slightest. I suppose some of their husbandos are tolerable but I'm not a queermo faggot so these games do nothing for me.

And to answer the question go play KOTOR 2, it is far from perfect but if you want defined characters with voiced dialogue in a space ship KOTOR 2 will give you that except with actually good writing and some decent RPG mechanics. If you just want spess game where you manage a crew then I suggest FTL (and look into the mods). Lastly, if you aren't a "muh suface level elements" faggot that requires it to be a "space game" despite the fact that you at no point fly your ship, interact with zero-g, or have actual exploration then why limit what you play to that arbitrary genre? Mass Effect has nothing to do with space outside of the visual style. There's plenty of games where you have a party that may or may not contain waifus, most of them are fantasy. I haven't played a lot of them but Baldur's Gate 2 was pretty solid and I've heard very good things about Arcanum. I'd imagine most JRPGs are like this too but I hate JRPGs that don't have fun combat like Dragon's Dogma so I can't help you there.

You upgrade it with a gorilion upgrades and more rooms open as more people come on the ship, who's equipment you promptly upgrade too. Then you talk with them and go on rad missions all across the galaxy.
Then you walk down the full hallways of your lens flare ship and reflect on how great waifu Tali is unlike those fag anons who'll claim ME has terrible characters.
Also, last mission really nails the atmosphere.

Combat itself can be hard, but is easy to master and fast. Nobody really cares about it.

Star Wars is gay.

Pixelshit RNG simulator. Nothing at all like ME2. All "upgrades" are gameplay elements that have no other purpose, especially not as a ship builder.

Literally unrelated.

Are you talking about those things that do literally nothing outside of changing some of the cutscenes in the final mission? Like getting the one weapon upgrade or the one shield upgrade or the one hull upgrade?

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the first game? There aren't a bunch of alternate weapons, mods, clothes, or ammo types in ME2 at all. The only thing resembling those is picking up maybe one or two sidegrades for your weapon type (there's 2 pistols in the whole game) and meaningless sidegrades for your armor. That is all only for the player though.

If you don't think ME has terrible characters then I don't think you're capable of identifying what a terrible character is. Please name 3 terrible characters from any well known game, book, tv show, or movie.

The one with the giant skeleton robot with red eyes? How in the world does that "nail the atmosphere" of this serious dark sci fi game?

How is the setting of Star Wars any worse than Mass Effect? It's mostly pretty similar except the art direction is about 10x better.

I can't even reply to this

Did you read what I wrote? Why does this have to be in space if the space game in question does not use the fact that its in space in any signifcant way? You are a drooling retard that thinks "sci-fi" means futuristic technology or that "fantasy" means middle-age european adventure with magic and monsters. Genre is not defined by its surface elements.

Also I thought of something you'd like even more than anything I suggested, since you obviously don't want to play games and only care about "muh characters" and "muh spess crew" then just watch Star Trek. The only reason you like Mass Effect is because you want to identify as a "gamer" because that's the cool thing to do right now, but since you don't actually like games you latch on to games that might as well be movies or tv shows.

There are checks for those things in earlier missions as well and stuff like fuel can be upgraded which helps. People also respond with dialogue to the changes. It really feels like you're doing something.

Replay the game.

Tell me this is a joke.
Only terrible crew member in ME2 is Jack and you can promptly tell her to fuck off every time. And the nigger is a boring dude with a stupid mission. That's it.
The rest are solid archetypes (Miranda, Grunt) or well written characters (Garrus, Tali)

Nice straw man.

Nobody said that. I'll repeat: Star Wars is gay.

Okay user, have a good night.

The dumb and retarded in that whole statement is so high, I can't not take the bait.
First off, I don't like Mass Effect. I only like ME2 as a fun casual space ship crew sim. So, get fucked.
Secondly, I never mentioned anything about us gamers. So, go fuck yourself.
Thirdly, only SJWs want the word "gamer" dead. So back to cucktaku with you, you god damed cuck.

I never mentioned sci-fi. I mentioned space ship adventures with crew and ship building. So, go back to school and learn to read, idiot.

Autism: the post.
You're raving about genres, something I never mentioned.

TL;DR
Hang yourself, you useless bag of flesh.

I haven't played The Witcher 3, but I would be surprised if it's worse than that.

+1

i wouldnt say a metacriitc score translates to most valuable or impactfull, but fair enough, your point is taken.

its a bit sad that hearts of stone got a worse rating than blood and wine even though it was superior in almost every way.

Latest news: the author of Witcher books made a completely ass of himself, calling Witcher players unintelligent, games being worse medium than books and showing general butthurt about not getting enough moneyz

How about a game where when you upgrade your ship, it can fundamentally change the gameplay. That's right, it can change the one thing that makes it a videogame, not just cutscenes and dialogue.

I played it a couple months ago, I get that "a bunch" is a subjective term and after looking at the wiki I admit that I was wrong, there aren't two weapons in the "heavy pistol" class, there's three.

You don't get ammo type equipment, it's a magic power and there's only a couple of them (and only reason to have 1 in your squad ever).

There are a couple casual outfits and a couple armor pieces. They don't mean anything to the gameplay unless +5% health somehow drastically changes your build.

And for weapon "mods", yeah you can research them and looking at the heavy pistols category on the wiki there are 3 for them. Truly an expansive system.

How is pointing out the absurdity of the entire point of the game's plot "straw manning?" The entire game builds up the mystery of what the collectors are doing, they are the primary antagonist and your main goal is to learn what they're doing and stop them. And when you do, it's retarded shit that a 7 year old would come up with? The reason people like that sequence so much is because your squadmates can die, but look at actual CRPGs here. When you've got the whole squad at the climax of the game, it's hard as balls. If you aren't well equipped, your dudes will die in gameplay and you can only save them if you play it smart or were well equipped. In ME2, they die in arbitrary cutscenes from random shit and the only thing that determines this is if you did their loyalty mission. That doesn't make any sense, they should die in gameplay because they run out of health and I can't save them, not because their daddy issues caused them to get hit by a random bullet and instantly die despite the fact that they get hit by random bullets all the time in gameplay with no consequence.

If you don't mean to say that Star Wars has a worse setting then what the fuck do you mean? What is wrong with Star Wars that isn't wrong with ME?

I never said that, that's just the reason that you like the game. You want to be one of those cool nerds that likes nerd things but you don't actually like games, which is why you enjoy a game that has terrible gameplay and most of your time is spent in cutscenes.

Why in the world does the "space" part matter to you? It means nothing for the setting, writing, characters, or the gameplay. The only thing about Mass Effect that is related to sci-fi is the visual design of everything. You don't actually fly a space ship, the properties of outer space don't matter, and you don't explore. There is no difference between Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins outside of the combat and art design. They have the same story, the setup for upgrading party members, talking to people, and the way you do quests/missions is all the same. If you swapped the models and some words of everything between these games you could reasonably call DA:O Mass Effect as well as the reverse.

tl;dr you are a casual but you don't want to admit it, I strongly advise that you go talk about casual "games" on a place more friendly to them like reddit

This a no then? Would be nice but I don't have a legit copy.

His fault for not going with royalties when he sold of the IP. Now he sees millions flowing to CDPR and he gets nothing from it because of his imbecility.