Noticed something about nostalgia

Do you think your inability to let go of nostalgia for the past is why you can't accept progress? Nostalgia for old grandpa graphics, nostalgia for old grandpa gameplay, and nostalgia for old grandpa gender roles seem to be why everything is considered shit by you people.

Is progress really so scary? Is letting go of the past really so hard?

please don't troll my thread

Maybe people are nostalgic because the new shit sucks.

Not really, I didn't even play a lot of the games I play now when I was kid. I'd hardly say I'm nostalgic for them. The fact is that a lot of the games I like don't really have modern counterparts.

Maybe people are nostalgic because the new shit sucks.

Just because something is "new" doesn't mean it is progress you fucking retard.

We're not getting progression. We're getting regression.

I could go on but we all know you're fucking full of shit.

first off bait as fuck thread. here's your (you)

second it's be so bad if we weren't falling backwards to less and less game play, and adding pay-to-win game styles, lazy programing, game bloat size everywhere, and drm that just plain fucks over the consumer.

also for all the things the wii fucked up, at least they tried for a new gameplay style didn't always work but props for trying..

get bullied nerd

Look, before the shitstorm in this thread happens, let's make one thing clear, regardless if this is an obvious troll thread or not.

Holla Forums

doesn't

matter

All the bitching on Holla Forums will never change anything in terms of the video game industry and how it's moving fowards.
Holla Forums doesn't interact with any outside community (or are immediately banned/rejected/isolated) and 90% of Holla Forums will never breed.

This essentially ensures that any and all opinions held here will literally die with Holla Forums itself.
Even the next generation of Holla Forumstards will not really have much in common with the previous one, just like the current generations of regulars here don't really have much in common with early Holla Forums (just to name a blatant example, halo is now accepted on the board, something that would be considered pure blasphemy back in the day).

So asking this question is completely pointless, anything and everything discussed on Holla Forums is pointless, it doesn't have any impact on the outside world.
This place is a white room you walk in, scream for a couple of hours to yourself to vent, and then walk back out.

You don't like that Holla Forums bitches so much about video games?
You can:

1-Wait enough years so the old userbase dies out and the new userbase replaces them accepting more games.

2-Just stop using Holla Forums, as any other site but Holla Forums doesn't give a shit.

Not really, most new things just suck.

also
ha

/thread

Progress implies something is being improved or fixing mistakes made prior. Most games these days are broken bugged out turds or indie garbage that require day one patching in lieu of actual quality control and playtesting.

Make of that what you will.

why cant newfags sage

This is now a dubs thread.

A little too blatant, OP

Why don't you lead by example? Maybe you'll find better company on those more "relevant" sites.

I mean it's 2016

Are you a biodrone or something ?

"Progress" means nothing to me as the player unless it enhances my experience and makes it more enjoyable to me.

Please stop making shitty bait threads.

The human eye can't see more than 30 FPS, so why does 60 FPS even matter?

Just because it is new doesn't mean it sucks. You are the definition of nostalgia.

You progress by moving forward. You are still bitterly clinging to the past.

Is less gameplay really that bad? Gameplay just gets in the way of the story the developers want to tell.

Even little fish make ripples.

Yes, half the posts around here are 100% misogynistic even to the point where certain channers were saying there shouldn't even be female characters in games. Talk about small penis syndrome.

I am not trolling.

New games undoubtedly look and play better than old games. Have you even tried to play an older game? They are basically unplayable right now.

What does music have to do with this topic?

Thanks for the backup.

A what?

Who says that it doesn't? Can you be specific?

God, not everyone is a troll.

And we have been moving backward since 2008.

So this is not progress.

If you want to start a dubs thread just say it.

Actually we were moving forward till two years ago. Then all of a sudden you people have a problem with progress.

What the heck does music have to do with this topic?

oh ok dubs it is.

Check my digits fair companions.

If progress is a real thing then why aren't there people living on Mars by now?

That man does not know the law. It is unfortunate that the education system has failed him. Perhaps if there had been more funding or reform the system could have taught him right.

I've checked everyone's digits. I have to to reply, that's what the packet says anyway.

So you aren't just stupid, you wanted to bait all along.

Come on, be a little more subtle.

I don't get it.

Subtle about what? My opinions?

hah

eternal truths don't expire, and so aren't ever old-fashioned, nu-male cuck.

What does nu stand for?

As for gender roles, they weren't really determinable until the modern era. It took the enlightenment to bring such considerations to mind. Prior to that men just blindly trod over whomever they wished without regard for what is acceptable.

This is why slavery for african-americans and women used to exist. It partially exists for women now, but that partiality will change as time goes on.

That's weird way to spell men

Please stop trolling my thread. The packet says that asking you to stop will not work, but I want to believe in you.

How could men, who hold rulership over the world, be slaves? Every man is born with privilege extended to him by his fellow man and the women enslaved beneath them. It is only in the past one hundred years that this has begun to change. Your inability to be nostalgic for this abusive power is your problem.

This extends to your dislike for modern videogames. They don't conform to your antique viewpoints and tastes, so you rail against them. It is very important that you move on from this outdated thinking, while you have time.

You already did a nice job of that yourself with your shitposting.
And it's not nostalgia if it actually is better. And it actually is better, I've been catching up on shit I missed years ago for various reasons such as Timesplitters, Viewtiful Joe, Chrono Trigger, Killer7, and pre playstation Final Fantasies, all of them are infinitely better than anything released in the past two years.
But you're just doing this for bait and ebin responses, so why am I even bothering.

The French Revolution was part of the long-term Illuminati banker plan to reshape mankind to serve them and their god Lucifer.

"The earlier revolutionary leaders were, as we have seen, the disciples of the German Illuminati, and it was they who initiated them into the art of forming political committees " to carry through the great plan of a general overturning of religion and government . . . .These committees arose from the Illuminati in Bavaria . . . and these committees produced the Jacobin Club."

The chief lesson," Robison goes on to observe, that the revolutionary leaders took from Germany, " was the method of doing business, of managing their own correspondence, and of procuring and training pupils." pp. 190-191

The Illuminati operating in the guise of the Jacobins forced the regime change historians call the French Revolution. During the Russian Revolution they masqueraded as the Bolsheviks. Today they brag they are behind the Middle East revolutions. So maybe we should believe them."

"Pol Pot's regime is surprisingly similar to the French Revolution, 200 years before. Both revolutions began in the French capitol of Paris. Both revolutions conducted deadly purges, resulting in the death of many. Also, when they took over, both Pol Pot and the French declared, 'This is the year zero.' They both made their own 10 day calendar and rejected the thought of any God. Both revolutions were curtailed within a decade."

And both were financed by the Illuminati Bankers.

After the radical Jacobin (French proto-communists) leaders guillotined the monarchy and the moderates within the Revolutionary Convention, they seized power with a vengeance and immediately commenced the mass murder that today we call the Reign of Terror.

Firmly in control by the spring of 1793, they calmly and carefully discussed the proportion of the French population to be suppressed to make France a model (communist) republic.

Before the genocide began, the population of France was 25,000,000. In early 1793 Jean Bon St André openly stated in the Revolutionary Convention, "[I]n order to establish the Republic securely in France, the population must be reduced by more than half."

More radical leaders made even more gruesome proposals. Maximilien Robespierre, the most aggressive annihilation advocate, blithely proposed that 23,000,000 be culled from the French census.

"Behind the Convention, behind the clubs, behind the Revolutionary Tribunal, there existed, says Lombard de Langres Vincent - (author of Histoire des Jacobins depuis 1789 jusqu'à ce jour (1820) and l'Histoire des sociétés secrètes,) that 'most secret convention [convention sécrétissime] which directed everything after May 31, an occult and terrible power of which the other Convention became the slave and which was composed of the prime initiates of Illuminism."

The early phase of the revolution - that of the constitutional monarchy and the Declaration of the Rights of Man - was led by the more idealistic kind of Freemasons. But its later stages were controlled by the Jacobin-Illuminati with their radically destructive [Cabalist and terrorist] plans.

Thus, "according to Lombard de Langres [writing in 1820]: 'France in 1789 counted more than 2,000 lodges affiliated to the Grand Orient; the number of adepts was more than 100,000. The first events of 1789 were only Masonry in action. All the revolutionaries of the Constituent Assembly were initiated into the third degree. We place in this class the Duc d'Orléans, Valence, Syllery, Laclos, Sièyes, Pétion, Menou, Biron, Montesquiou, Fauchet, Condorcet, Lafayette, Mirabeau, Garat, Rabaud, Dubois-Crancé, Thiébaud, Larochefoucauld, and others.'

"Amongst these others [continues Nasta Webster] were not only the Brissotins, who formed the nucleus of the Girondin party, [including] the men of the Terror - Marat, Robespierre, Danton, and Desmoulins.

"It was these fiercer elements, true disciples of the Illuminati, who were to sweep away the visionary Masons dreaming of equality and brotherhood….

"In the local communes," writes L.A. Tikhomirov, "individual groups of especially wild Jacobins, who had not been initiated into higher politics, sometimes broke into synagogues, destroying the Torah and books, but it was only by 1794 that the revolutionary-atheist logic finally forced even the bosses to pose the question of the annihilation not only of Catholicism, but also of Jewry. At this point, however, the Jews were delivered by 9 Thermidor, 1794. Robespierre fell and was executed. The moderate elements triumphed. The question of the ban of Jewry disappeared of itself, while the Constitution of Year III of the Republic granted equal rights to the Jews."

Nice thread, OP.

blame the BBC for namedropping Holla Forums a few days back

Just stop.

check 'em

By the end of the eighteenth century, the revolution appeared to have lost its way, consumed by poverty, corruption and mutual blood-letting. It was saved by a young soldier, Napoleon Bonaparte, who was as sincerely faithful to the spirit of the French revolution as Cromwell had been to the English.

The Mason Christopher Hodapp writes: "It was rumoured for many years that Napoleon Bonaparte was a Freemason, but there is no historic proof of it. Still, many of his military officers, members of his Grand Council for the Empire, and 22 of the 30 Marshals of France were. So were his four brothers, three of whom were made kings by Napoleon. The Emperor's wife, Empress Josephine, was even admitted into a French female lodge in 1804. Regardless of whether Napoleon was ever made a Mason, he did adopt the title Protector of Freemasonry, along with the lengthy list of other titles he assumed when he became emperor in 1804."[38] …

Madame de Staël called him Robespierre on horseback. After all, he came from Corsica, which in 1755 had successfully rebelled from Genoa, and for which Rousseau wrote one of his most seminal works, Project de constitution pour la Corse, in 1765. But, like Cromwell (and Caesar), he found that in order to save the republic he had to take control of it and rule it like a king.

He was, like many a tyrant, utopian in his ambitions. 'We must have a European legal system, a European appeal court, a common currency, the same weights and measures the same laws,' Napoleon once said to Joseph Fouché: 'I must make of all the peoples of Europe one people, and of Paris, the capital of the world.'"

The truth is, therefore, that it was neither the State nor the Nation that Bonaparte exalted above all, - although he greatly increased the worship of both in later European history, - but himself. So the spirit that truly reigned in the Napoleonic era can most accurately be described as the spirit of the man-god, of the Antichrist, of whom Bonaparte himself, as the Russian Holy Synod quite rightly said, was a forerunner.

This antichristian quality is most clearly captured in Madame De Staël's characterization: "I had the disturbing feeling that no emotion of the heart could ever reach him. He regards a human being like a fact or a thing, never as an equal person like himself. He neither hates nor loves… The force of his will resides in the imperturbable calculations of his egotism. He is a chess-master whose opponents happen to be the rest of humanity… Neither pity nor attraction, nor religion nor attachment would ever divert him from his ends… I felt in his soul cold steel, I felt in his mind a deep irony against which nothing great or good, even his own destiny, was proof; for he despised the nation which he intended to govern, and no spark of enthusiasm was mingled with his desire to astound the human race…"

op bought into the "enlightenment" meme

Just stop with your lying tinfoil conspiracy fantasies you skitzo.

Thank you.

Ha ha, you got me. The I was joking about a packet. Now about the actual topic?

The jump from Mass Effect 1-2 was such a fucking downgrade from actually getting to explore planets to launching probes. Instead of actually fixing the problems with planet exploration, Bioware opted to remove it all together. So tell me, does that sound like progress to you? I stopped playing 10 hours in because of the step back to appeal to the FPS 360 noscope kiddies.

I'm playing Resident Evil 2 on my PS1 currently while my PS3 slim overheated and died while not even getting 1/4 the usage my PS1 got, does that sound like progress?

I was hoping you had more to offer as I was giving the benefit of the doubt on this being a bait thread, but fuck me I guess.

Sage for you being a massive faggot.

1. The speaker started to unfold the plot by saying that because the majority of men were inclined to evil rather than to good the best results in governing them could be obtained by using violence and terrorism and not by academic discussions. The speaker reasoned that in the beginning human society had been subject to brutal and blind force which was afterwards changed to LAW. He argued that LAW was FORCE only in disguise. He reasoned it was logical to conclude that “By the laws of nature right lies in force”.

2. He next asserted that political freedom is an idea and not a fact. He stated that in order to usurp political power all that was necessary was to preach ‘Liberalism’ so that the electorate, for the sake of an idea, would yield some of their power and prerogatives which the plotters could then gather together into their own hands.

3. The speaker asserted that the Power of Gold had usurped the power of liberal rulers even then, i.e. 1773. He reminded his audience that there had been a time when FAITH had ruled but stated that once FREEDOM had been substituted for FAITH the people did not know how to use it in moderation. He argued that because of this fact it was logical to assume that they could use the idea of FREEDOM to bring about “CLASS WARS”. He pointed out that it was immaterial to the success of HIS plan whether the established governments were destroyed by internal or external foes because the victor had of necessity to seek the aid of ‘Capital’ which “Is entirely in our hands.” [2]

4. He argued that the use of any and all means to reach their final goal was justified on the grounds that the ruler who governed by the moral code was not a skilled politician because he left himself vulnerable and in an unstable position on his throne. He said “Those who wish to rule must have recourse to cunning and to make-believe because great national qualities like frankness and honesty, are vices in politics”[3]

5. He asserted “Our right lies in force. The word RIGHT is an abstract thought and proves nothing. I find a new RIGHT … to attack by the RIGHT of the strong, and to scatter to the winds all existing forces of order and regulation, to reconstruct all existing institutions, and to become the sovereign Lord of all those who left to us the RIGHTS to their powers by laying them down voluntarily in their ‘Liberalism’.”

6. He then admonished his listeners with these words “The power of our resources must remain invisible until the very moment when it has gained such strength that no cunning or force can undermine it.” He warned them that any deviation from the Line of the strategical plan he was making known to them would risk bringing to naught “THE LABOURS OF CENTURIES”.

7. He next advocated the use of ‘Mob Psychology’ to obtain control of the masses. He reasoned that the might of the Mob is blind, senseless, and unreasoning and ever at the mercy of suggestion from any side. He stated “Only a despotic ruler can rule the Mob efficiently because without absolute despotism there can be no existence for civilization which was carried out NOT by the masses, but by their guide, whosoever that person might be.” He warned “The moment the Mob seizes FREEDOM in its hands it quickly turns to anarchy.”

8. He next advocated that the use of alcoholic liquors, drugs, moral corruption, and all forms of vice, be used systematically by their “Agenturs”[4] to corrupt the morals of the youth of the nations. He recommended that the special ‘agenturs’ should be trained as tutors, lackeys, governesses, clerks and by our women in the places of dissipation frequented by the Goyim.[5] He added “In the number of these last I count also the so-called society ladies who become voluntary followers of the others in corruption and luxury. We must not stop at bribery, deceit, and treachery when they should serve towards the attainment of our end.”

9. Turning to politics he claimed they had the RIGHT to seize property by any means, and without hesitation, if by doing so they secured submission, and sovereignty. He pronounced “Our STATE marching along the path of peaceful conquest has the RIGHT to replace the horrors of wars by less noticeable and more satisfactory sentences of death necessary to maintain the ‘terror’ which tends to produce blind submission.”

10. Dealing with the use of slogans he said “In ancient times we were the first to put the words ‘Liberty’, ‘Equality’ and ‘Fraternity’ into the mouths of the masses … words repeated to this day by stupid pollparrots; words which the would-be wise men of the Goyim could make nothing of in their abstractness, and did not note the contradiction of their meaning and inter-relation.” He claimed the words brought under their directions and control ‘legions’ “Who bore our banners with enthusiasm.” He reasoned that there is no place in nature for ‘Equality’, ‘Liberty’ or ‘Fraternity’. He said “On the ruins of the natural and genealogical aristocracy of the Goyim we have set up the aristocracy of MONEY. The qualification for this aristocracy is WEALTH which is dependent upon us.”

11. He next expounded his theories regarding war. In 1773 he set down a principle which the governments of Britain and the United States publicly announced as their joint policy in 1939. He said it should be the policy of those present to foment wars but to direct the peace conferences so that neither of the combatants obtained territorial gains. He said the wars should be directed so that the nations engaged on both sides would be placed further in their debt, and in the power of ‘Our’ Agenturs.

12. He next dealt with administration. He told those present that they must use their wealth to have candidates chosen for public office who would be “servile and obedient to our commands, so they may readily be used as Pawns in our game by the learned and genious men we will appoint to operate behind the scenes of government as official advisers.” He added “The men we appoint as ‘Advisers’ will have been bred, reared, and trained from childhood in accordance with our ideas to rule the affairs of the whole world.”

13. He dealt with propaganda, and explained how their combined wealth could control all outlets of public information while they remained in the shade and clear of blame regardless of what the repercussions might be due to the publication of libels, slanders, or untruths. The speaker said “Thanks to the Press we have got gold in our hands notwithstanding the fact that we had to gather it out of the oceans of blood and tears… But it has paid us even though we have sacrificed many of our own people. Each victim on our side is worth a thousand Goyim.”

14. He next explained the necessity of having their ‘Agentur’ always come out into the open, and appear on the scene, when conditions had reached their lowest ebb, and the masses had been subjugated by means of want and terror. He pointed out that when it was time to restore order they should do it in such a way that the victims would believe they had been the prey of criminals and irresponsibles. He said “By executing the criminals and lunatics after they have carried out our preconceived ‘reign of terror’, we can make ourselves appear as the saviours of the oppressed, and the champions of the workers.” The speaker then added “We are interested in just the opposite … in the diminution, the killing out of the Goyim.”

15. He next explained how industrial depressions and financial panics could be brought about and used to serve their purpose saying “Enforced unemployment and hunger, imposed on the masses because of the power we have to create shortages of food, will create the right of Capital to rule more surely than it was given to the real aristocracy, and by the legal authority of Kings.” He claimed that by having their agentur control the ‘Mob’, the ‘Mob’ could then be used to wipe out all who dared to stand in their way.

16. The infiltration into continental Freemasonry was next discussed extensively. The speaker stated that their purpose would be to take advantage of the facilities and secrecy Freemasonry had to offer. He pointed out that they could organize their own Grand Orient Lodges within Blue Freemasonry in order to carry on their subversive activities and hide the true nature of their work under the cloak of philanthropy. He stated that all members initiated into their Grand Orient Lodges should be used for proselytizing purposes and for spreading their atheistic-materialistic ideology amongst the Goyim. He ended this phase of the discussion with the words. “When the hour strikes for our sovereign Lord of all the World to be crowned these same hands will sweep away everything that might stand in his way.”

17. He next expounded the value of systematic deceptions, pointing out that their agentur should be trained in the use of high sounding phrases, and the use of popular slogans. They should make the masses the most lavish of promises. He observed “The opposite of what has been promised can always be done afterwards … that is of no consequence.” He reasoned that by using such words as Freedom and Liberty, the Goyim could be stirred up to such a pitch of patriotic fervour that they could be made to fight even against the laws of God, and Nature. He added “And for this reason after we obtain control the very NAME OF GOD will be erased from the ‘Lexicon of life’.”[6]

18. He then detailed the plans for revolutionary war; the art of street fighting; and outlined the pattern for the ‘Reign of Terror’ which he insisted must accompany every revolutionary effort “Because it is the most economical way to bring the population to speedy subjection.”

19. Diplomacy was next discussed. After all wars secret diplomacy must be insisted upon “in order that our agentur, masquerading as ‘poltitical’, ‘Financial’, and ‘Economic’ advisers, can carry out our mandates without fear of exposing who are ‘The Secret Power’ behind national and international affairs.” The speaker then told those present that by secret diplomacy they must obtain such control “that the nations cannot come to even an inconsiderable private agreement without our secret agents having a hand in it.”

20. Ultimate World Government the goal. To reach this goal the speaker told them “It will be necessary to establish huge monopolies, reservoirs of such colossal riches, that even the largest fortunes of the Goyim will depend on us to such an extent that they will go to the bottom together with the credit of their governments ON THE DAY AFTER THE GREAT POLITICAL SMASH.” The speaker then added “You gentlemen here present who are economists just strike an estimate of the significance of this combination.”

21. Economic war. Plans to rob the Goyim of their landed properties and industries were then discussed. A combination of high taxes, and unfair competition was advocated to bring about the economic ruin of the Goyim as far as their national financial interests and investments were concerned. In the international field he felt they could be encouraged to price themselves out of the markets. This could be achieved by the careful control of raw materials, organized agitation amongst the workers for shorter hours and higher pay, and by subsidizing competitors. The speaker warned his co-conspirators that they must arrange matters, and control conditions, so that “the increased wages obtained by the workers will not benefit them in any way.”

22. Armaments. It was suggested that the building up of armaments for the purpose of making the Goyim destroy each other should be launched on such a colossal scale that in the final analysis “there will only be the masses of the proletariat left in the world, with a few millionaires devoted to our cause … and police, and soldiers sufficient to protect our interests.”

23. The New Order. The members of the One World Government would be appointed by the Dictator. He would pick men from amongst the scientists, the economists, the financiers, the industrialists, and from the millionaires because “in substance everything will be settled by the question of figures.”

24. Importance of youth. The importance of capturing the interest of youth was emphasized with the admonition that “Our agenturs should infiltrate into all classes, and levels of society and government, for the purpose of fooling, bemusing, and corrupting the younger members of society by teaching them theories and principles we know to be false.”

25. National and International Laws should not be changed but should be used as they are, to destroy the civilization of the Goyim “merely by twisting them into a contradiction of the interpretation which first masks the law and afterwards hides it altogether. Our ultimate aim is to substitute ARBITRATION for LAW.”

The speaker then told his listeners “You may think the Goyim will rise upon us with arms, but in the WEST we have against this possibility an organization of such appalling terror that the very stoutest hearts quail … the ‘Underground’… The Metropolitans … The subterranean corridors … these will be established in the capitals and cities of all countries before that danger threatens.”

The use of the word ‘WEST’ has great significance. It makes it plain that Rothschild was addressing men who had joined the World Revolutionary Movement which was started in the Pale of Settlement in the ‘EAST’. It must be remembered that before Amschel Moses Bauer settled down in Frankfort, Germany, he had followed his trade as a gold and silversmith, travelling extensively in the ‘East’ of Europe, where he had undoubtedly met the men his son Amschel Mayer addressed after he developed from a money-lender into a banker and established THE HOUSE OF ROTHSCHILD in the Jundenstrasse where the above meeting is said to have taken place in 1773.

As far as can be ascertained the original plan of the conspiracy ended at the point where it terminated above. I am satisfied that the documents which fell into the hands of Professor S. Nilus in 1901, and which he published under the title ‘The Jewish Peril’ in 1905 in Russia, were an enlargement of the original plot. There appears to be no change in the first section but various additions disclose how the conspirators had used Darwinism, Marxism, and even Nietzche-ism. More important still, the documents discovered in 1901 disclose how Zionism was to be used. It must be remembered that Zionism was only organized in 1897.

This matter is referred to later, when the intrigue leading up to the abdication of King Edward VIII is explained. The translation Mr. Victor Marsden made of The Jewish Peril, was published by The Britons Publishing Society, London, England, under the title The Protocols of The Learned Elders of Zion in 1921. This book is also discussed. It appears logical to say that the discovery of the later document confirms the existence of the earlier one. Little, if anything is changed, but considerable material is added probably due to the rapid development of the international conspiracy. The only point upon which there seems to be grounds for disagreement is in regard to the titles chosen by Prof. Nilus and Mr. Marsden for their books. Mr. Marsden definitely states the contents of his book are the Protocols of the meetings of the Learned Elders of Zion whereas it would appear it was a plot presented to moneylenders, Goldsmiths, Industrialists, Economists, and others, by Amschel Mayer Rothschild who had graduated from money-lender to banker.

Once the spirit of revolt against constituted authority had been aroused within the hearts and minds of the masses, the actual revolutionary effort would be carried out under the impetus of a preconceived Reign of Terror. The Reign of Terror would be conceived by the leaders of the Jewish Illuminati. They in turn would have their agents infiltrate into the newly organized French Freemasonry and establish therein Lodges of Grand Orient Masonry to be used as the revolutionary underground and as their instrument for proselytizing the doctrine of atheistic dialectical and historical materialism. Rothschild ended his discourse by pointing out that if proper precautions were taken their connection with the revolutionary movement need never be known.

""""""progress""""""

My love for older games is not a result of nostalgia and I know this because a fair few of the 90s/early 2000s games I've come to love I only tried in the last 5 or so years in addition to those I played back near release. I also accept that the bad games from that period are thankfully forgotten as it wasn't all wall-to-wall classics.

>>>/tumblr/

REDPILLED
E
D
P
I
L
L
E
D

How are people stupid enough to bump this? That's what I'm wondering.

I love how Holla Forums can destroy troll threads with walls of text when they should be dumping gore or porn. Fight fire with fire yo.

Check em son

kill yourself

There's lots of words and phrases for Nostalgia around the world. One of my favorites is "the past is golden"; another is "time heals all wounds".
It's a psychological effect whereby the human brain deletes mediocrity and low-level negative thoughts from your memory, leaving only the good beats clear in your mind.

This is why you can think back on an ex years after a nasty breakup, and fondly remember how well she could suck a dick, instead of being salty. Just as an example.

Shit no one said.txt

How is games getting simpler and easier and slower (to the point where the practically braindead are the only ones who can enjoy) them a good thing?
I look around and I see slower games with fewer mechanics then their previous iterations.
I look around and see games that are practically monochromatic copy pasted worlds or lazily done pretend low resolution pixel junk
I see games where you win, not through any measure of skill or determination but by how much you are willing to spend on the game.
I see games where developed story, themes and characters are dropped in favor of virtue signalling for progressive points.

So tell me OP what exactly is so great about new gender rolls in games if the only thing presented is simpler characters?
What is so great about new graphics if the everything we have now looks like very polished crap with no love or care put into it?
What exactly has this progress you extol done for video games except make them the duller, loveless pile of shit that is coming out these days?

I know that this is a bait thread and maybe a shill thread but you seem to have stuck around for this long so answer me what good has come of this?

The only times I find myself being nostalgic about something is if I played a game for 2000+ hours and I'm nostalgic about picking it up for the first time.

There are amazing games coming out today. There were amazing games coming out back in the day.

However, amazing games have always been floating in a tub of shit that is 95~% of the rest of the games out there.

Just like all the movies, music, comics, books, etc.

Streamlining and casualization aren't progress.

Chelsea von Valkenberg show some respect for your elders!

chkd