Kingdom of Amaluer

What was this game like? Is it any good or not?

It's the most mediocre and boring game I've played in a decade.

It's an action RPG pretending to be an MMO.

I thought it was fine. There are Roman Gnomes in the game.

I take it you haven't played Stellaris.

Offline MMO fucking garbage

At first it was fun but once I got out of the starting forest I got incredibly bored and quit. It's one of the few games I've ever quit out of pure boredom

That's FF12 or Xenoblade, you dumb fucks.

It was okay. The combat was very fluid and fun but everything else was garbage. Chakrams were stupidly good.

Singleplayer MMO almost as grindy as Dragon Age Cisquisition.

If you can pirate or get it supercheap still somewhat fun tho

Here be a sad tale of a game killed by the ineptitude of its producer. So poorly was the funding managed, the prototype mmorpg 38 studios and bighuge were creating bankrupted the both of them, the whole thing was auctioned off to the state of rhode Island who had invested moolah into it.

After sitting on it, they threw it at EA who patched up the loose ends, snipped off the multiplayer componant, and shoved it out the door with little to no work done on thier part.

Thus was the beginning and end of 38 studios, and the unjust death of the venerable BigHuge Games.

If you're wondering why it feels like the worlds emptiest mmorpg, you should. It is the world emptiest mmorpg.

Population: You and one mans bad money management skills.

I thought it was alright. Combat was p good. One might even say I was having fun, until I reached the level cap. Then I just quit.

Mediocre, but fine compared to other games. The game itself is fun, but the backstory of the development is a lot better.

It has a race of living greek statues
It also completely fucked over the state of rhode island
All in all 7/10 would laugh again

This post is so full of misinformation it gave me cancer.

Half truths mixed up in lies.

Tits, ass and chakrams are pretty much the only worthwhile things about this game.

Then please, clarify.

It was painfully mediocre, generic, uninspired and flat out boring game when it came out.
Nowadays its only remembered by its box art/name that everyones brain instantly connects to "generic rpg". It didnt spawn memes, it didnt have rule 34 content, no one gave a flying fuck.

I got it given to me by my sister in law for Christmas when it was still new. Saw it required Origin when I installed it, was ready to drop right then, played a bit saw that it was bland shit, its collecting dust somewhere in my house now.

I wrote a three page essay on why it's a piece of shit back when it was released.

Short answer its that it's shit.

torrent and have your own opinion. or just let other people decide what games you play like a cuck.

piracy is illegal and wrong, friendo. :^)

Depends on the country really. Just downloading shit for free is not illegal where I live.

Ethics and morals are also all different depending on country and society you're currently in. And even the usually immoral shit isn't tied to law so you can do whatever the fuck you want, people will shoo you, but police won't come for your ass.

Nice pic, but who is baiting who?

Follow your dreams anons.

Just know they may lead straight off a cliff.

Its fun, at least more entertaining than Dark Souls and Bethesda games.

combat was pretty nice, but everything else was boring.

only babe armor in the game
you can't use it

Unfulfilled potential, you couldn't even fucking jump. None of the NPCs feel 'alive'. The quests just happen and you get random generated trash loot as rewards. The main quest is confusing.
BUT
World and monsters design looked amazing.
The class system and lore/irish mythology shit and chakrams were cool.
Everything else was boring.
There's a whole behind the scenes horror story about the production. poor guy went bankrupt and I kinda felt bad about selling my copy.

Its alright. Its probably the "okay"-est RPG I've ever played if that makes sense.

wow, they shoulda called it Kingdom of Imaluser

It's a solid game, OP. Played it for around 130hrs and didn't regret it.

It's a canned MMO turned singleplayer, take that how you will, but the combat is indeed pretty fun. And I bet you're asking now due to the offer on steam, for which you should also keep in mind that it's an EA published title, so pirating would be the best choice no matter what.

This game has the most retarded decision I've ever seen implemented in an RPG.

Whenever you enter an area for the first time, every enemy in that area gets levelled down to your level and they stay that way for the rest of the game. This means that if you start running around exloring areas at lv1, every area you visit will get permanently locked to lv1 and you will never find stronger enemies.

It had some pretty neat combat but everything else was very generic as everyone else said.
It's unfortunate no RPGs will attempt having combat like it, even if it was God of War lite. Chakrams were pretty neat and so were all the class tarot cards.

It was also pathetically easy from what I remember.

Kill everyone in this thread saying the game was anything but complete shit

That sounds too stupid to be true. I'm going to need some sauce on that claim.

I RECKON it was quite generic, not terrible but not good.

Its true
You can also craft armor that's literally 100% damage resist and just stand there while enemies whack you

Kingdom of Amalur: Revengence

The End

Is there an abridged mod for it or something?

The most average game I've ever played, ever.

No, it's not outright bad. It has some moments that are alright. But it's weighted down by its interface and a general lack of polish overall.

Also the plot is so overwhelmingly predictable it's comical.

why would you need to grind in this game? It's easy as fuck, user