Good Games From The Last Five Years

Fuck this "All new games are shit" meme. Post good games released in 2011 or later.

I agree with all of that except Dead Space 2.

Shit, forgot to post a game.

Haven't had a chance to play that yet. Nice reminder to get on that

Legitimately sure this is the only game I've enjoyed in the past 5 years.

Dark Dreams Dont Die
Rune Factory 4
Devil Survivor Overclocked
Sleeping Dogs
Dying Light
All the Yakuza games except Dead Souls
Bayonetta 2
Killzone Mercs
The Evil Within
Wolfenstein The New Order
and motherfucking EDF.

There's also MGSV, but I really love and hate it at the same time.

Isn't The Evl Within just a meme?

What does "_ is a meme" even mean? I seriously don't get it. I thought it was a good game, flawed as hell but certainly did some things right.

Dead space 1 was better

Dead Space 1 had the better atmosphere and story. But Dead Space 2 had the superior gameplay hands down. I enjoy the fuck out of speedrunning Dead Space 2

Animal Crossing New Leaf
DKC: Tropical Freeze
Pikmin 3
Splatoon
Bloodborne
Gravity Rush
FTL
Hotline Miami

A meme is an idea that spreads because of its communicability rather than its quality or correctness.

I don't know if I can say that, Evil Within has frustrating moments to it so I can't imagine most people even having the patience for it.

user, I uh…

Mario maker, until it got infested with faggot shit.

Dustforce

I respect your trips, but dead space 2 was like a resi 4 style title that wasn't dogshit. I've never really found the games scary in any capacity, so I was surprised by how much fun 2 was.

season 2 never

Dying Light was fun

Dead Space 4 never fucking ever, thanks EA

This good but sad topic.
Dead Space 2 wasn't as good as the first.
I haven't played Bloodborne yet.
If it wasn't for the fact I am not Anthony Burch, I would think all is lost

are you implying RE4 was shit?

How about a game with replayability in the last 5 years?

Alien Isolation was pretty fun and terrifying

That's some really shit taste, OP.

The fact that Dustforce exists gives me hope that difficult skill based games aren't going totally extinct.

Stuff that's spoilered has divisive opinions
N++
Assault Android Cactus
Ace of Seafood
Deadcore
Furi
Brigador
Isn't Kung Fu Strike 2013?
The Swapper
SEUM Speedrunners from Hell
EDF
Nitronic Rush
Lethal League
Invisible Inc
House/Typing of the Dead Overkill
The Talos Principle
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages
Rebel Galaxy
Valley

Dustforce is just incredibly well done. Makes me really excited for Spire

very very underrated jewish game

ye furi was fucking great

You all have bad taste.

the evil within is not good because of afew simple reasons that isn't any of it's fault

first off it was marketed as a return to true horror so people thought it was going to be back to the good old days of the first few resident evils or so that's what journalists told everyone but also they changed afew of the game mechanics not last moment but late enough so that game journalists already told everyone that you could set up your own traps till that was changed due to the setting

that's all it really comes down to, journalist hype from sony

I've heard it was alright, but it goes on way too long. Is it worth a pirate?

Sleeping Dogs.

Witcher 3, Transistor, Bastion

I played this and it had a lot of positive moments but not a classic, hopefully they made enough to make a even better sequel. Glad it exists, wouldn't replay it.

Played through it three times, start to finish, which is something I never do.
It was GTA, with less emphasis on guns, and a good story.

Dead Space 1 was fun for the first 2/3rds. The game felt like it dragged on longer than the story or pacing intended.

most things are
i don't know if the PC version does this, but the PS3 version had an option to play with an active microphone. If it does have this option, turn it on

EYE Divine Cybermancy
FTL - Faster Than Light
Hotline Miami
Deadbolt
Devil Daggers

It's too early to tell if Subnautica will be good.

By the way, how is the latest update?

it broke vehicles and alot of how things spawn in the map

Watcha doin, Rabi?

>you brought both for the high price of 70 aud

I don't know what happened to you, but I played until the new endgame (punching a reaper to death) and had no problem with vehicles. Other than the exosuit never leaving the seamoth properly.

Cyclops. Seamoth is a stupid name for a small sub.

you didn't have your vehicles get removed whenever you loaded up your saves?

that game is garbage

Not once. I did have a bunch of random crap spawn around the lifepod every so often though. But that and the leviathan I was fighting deciding to peace out to the moon were the only noticeable bugs in the new version.

Early access trash.
Literally a sports game and an exact game like it was on the Ps3 in 2009. It's nothing new, but it is ok.
Lolno. Shitty shooting, shitty mechanics, not even scary.
It's short, and it gets stale after a short while, but it is pretty good. It just, yknow, coulda been better, which is why it's not acceptable.

This thread is basically reddit-tier.

not for me that

Here's your (you)

And these are just the games that actually released. I have another set of early access that are currently worth the price

These three are really just good rather than great but then good was the word used in the OP. There's certainly a lot less classics coming out.

Great concept but it still feels unfinished to me. The campaign is a glorified tutorial, the sandbox mode is idiotically easy and the lack of collision makes room and corridor planning 90% aesthetics rather than practicality. I don't hate the game but it's 7/10 which could have been 9/10 with a little more work. In fact I'd say it suffers from the same problem as Tropico 3 and 4 in that there's no challenge beyond playing with limits you've set yourself and that's never as satisfying as pulling through a sticky situation by the skin of your teeth and then shooting everyone responsible.

This

Somehow it was classified as a commercial failure despite selling 1.5 million copies in the first month. Frankly I blame Squeenix's obsession with going bankrupt by any means possible.

On the positive side they already announced a sequel. It was a F2P mmothat they already cancelled.

The plot from 3 was totally shit, I don't know why the fuck do you want another one

Never heard of that one before, is it good? based from the cover I can tell its some kind of GoW clone, but apart from that I don't have any clue about the game itself

Surprisingly so. Made by the same niggers that make Yakuza. Third person shooter with a great cast, solid shooting (blast parts off robots) and typically insane jap boss fights (spider-thing was my favourite). The voice control was a gimmick and should be turned off immediately.

I'm afraid this along with its terrible marketing was why it flopped hard (20k American sales in the first few months…). I urge you to give it a shot and I'm normally not a fan of third person shooters. Pirate it if you aren't sure.

Was this game actually any good?

Oh and the first hour or two of the game aren't particularly good which probably also didn't help. Games journalists, after all, rarely play more than that if they aren't paid off.
The game has its flaws but I wouldn't call it a GoW clone. If anything GoW could learn from Binary Domain how to make a TPS that isn't boring.

I've played worse but I wouldn't say it was particularly enjoyable. Certainly I wouldn't (and indeed didn't) pay for it. I hear there's a first person mod that might be fun.

Good

Came in to post this, fucking awesome game.
Deadbolt could be on the list too.

I'll never understand journalists. They praise shit like Spec Ops the Line but not Binary Domain which is the one game where Diversity is actually done incredibly well and results in very likeable characters with all types of appearances and personalities.

The first hour two works from a storytelling PoV and is important for character development yes but in terms of gameplay it doesn't really stand out. If you're a journalist you'll play those first two hours, assume the rest of the game plays the same and write your review accordingly instead of actually doing your fucking job.

Obviously I liked it

(OP)
Way to be a literal retard OP
You're one step from the scientists who spent thousands to prove eating an apple every day doesn't actually make you disease proof and therefore eliminates the need to go to the doctor