Casual Filters

Did babby Holla Forums ever get stumped on a casual filter?
How long did it take you to get your shit together?
Did you feel good about it or cry cause you realized you were retarded?

It is really funny isn't it. When you jump on the platform it gives you the impression that jumping makes it go down, but really all you do is press the down button. I do remember getting stumped on it though for awhile

First level on Bionic Commando took me over a month to beat. If you don't put in the effort and grind for health, the rest of the game is much harder.

Not really a casual filter, but something I just remembered

I remember it took me about 3 hours to leave that fucking place because I saved inside the deepest spot

This motherfucker

No wait fuck, I meant to post this

It's always fucking Cerberus

You actually need to press up and down until you can get enough momentum to make it go all the way down
Yeah I got stuck there too, but for no longer than 20 minutes.

best casual filter all years

Well it's the first actual difficulty spike after fighting a bunch of cannon fodder demons (And the reaper) one after the other. And after him was fucking Agni & Rudra, but by that point I had gotten slightly better and the nunchucks fucking wrecked them

it was a poorly designed obstacle that ran counter to everything the player was taught to that point. Never at any point in the game did pressing up and down on the gamepad effect how things move around you or how you move.

Hey, I'm not saying it wasn't total bullshit.

I dont think you were, I just wanted to have my input on a conversation that was dominated with "lol yuo dont get it?!?!?! just press up and down process of elimination smdh forget that jumping gives you a sense of progress lmoa im such a genius" the thing was, the barrel was bad design. I don't believe you disagree, but I just wanted to share why it was bad design.

are you okay user?

This whole game is a casual filter, not mention the expansions.

Guy just wanted to keep some conversation going. Don't derail the thread.s

Yes, it took me years to get past that drum, and it only happened because I decided to randomly make Sonic look up at Tails while he helicoptored down towards him. Because that's funny.

It happened to me again in Ed Edd n Eddy Jawbreakers, a shitty GBA game. Right here. Right fucking here. Just couldn't make this jump. You know what the solution was? Pressing down to slide faster. Pressing down.

Here's an obvious one. The farthest I could get was 38 on Robin.

What? How did you have difficulty doing that but Sarah apparently wasn't a problem?

Here's a bunch.

I remember being stuck on this for a long time when I was a kid.

Because although she was difficult to deal with, I knew what I had to do. It was only a matter of doing it. But that slide. That's all about pressing down. It's like the difference between a team of educated engineers building the Large Hardon Collider and Hans Christian Oersted discovering that electric currents make magnetic fields. That one simple observation that unleashed the electric engine and changed human civilization forever, or in my case allowed me to finally beat the rest of that damn game in a single day.

Okay, here is something to think about.
Gen 3 and 4 had no casual filters. It's just what was expected of a gamers proficiency at that time. Fast forward decades later and now we are in what, gen 8? Anyways, this is where it gets interesting. If you get a current year "gamer" try to play a basic game like..let's say Super Bros. 3. A game at the average difficulty level at its time. Current year will havr extreme difficulty passing this game. And I mean just beating the first World. What I'm going with this is what anons of Holla Forums already know, current year gamers being really fucking incompetent. I tested this out on a few cousins who play CoD religiously. It's interesting seeing how much they lack muscle reflex.

Super Mario Sunshine no jetpack levels

Other than that I can't think of much.

The first boss in the sonic 2 gamegear game and the following stage are both a bitch. It took me more tries than I care to admit to get past it. You get no rings for the fight if you dont know where a hidden 10 ring box is in the stage and the entire boss is about avoiding bouncing balls on a slope that heavily fucks with your controls. If you slide down too far you die and the patter of bouncing that the balls have randomly varies between 3-4 different sets and they launch one after another.
The last stage on the storm path of Cloudbuilt is rather notorious. While in most stages you can conserve checkpoints in order to ensure you dont have to do a particularly hard section over and over again, this one forces you to go through about half the stage without a checkpoint. I can do it fairly easily now but I burnt more than 300 lives on my first attempt through it.
Both of the Giant spider fights in Radiant Historia wreck shit since you cant take advantage of the combat mechanics of one of the party members you're forced to use.

Does it matter if i used pointdevice? This game has bullshit difficulty in comparison

her last card took me 67 deaths to figure it out

I remember that boss fucking awful
I was maybe 6 or 7 though i enjoyed the game

That mother fucker, forced me to finally get good with the large rockets.
Also, iirc his setup was actually shit against other arena opponents, but that might just be my childhood lack of skill talking.

It was my first ps2 game, and I was coming from Tomb Raider, Crash, and a demo disc with the first Armored Core.

inb4
gets posted

I remember this being hard as fuck along with dav2. Never finished either.

It actually is possible to get past that part with the jumping way. I managed to do it when I was a kid when I was too stupid to hold up/down.

i remember one user saying he had his brother help him as tails and they would time their jumps

You know damn well why if you have low armor

The battle system for vagrant story is a fast filter. Go to reddit and you'll find people who can't even grasp the basic rules of combat.

Brilliant.

The real casual filter is being too dumb to hug the wall like the fucking guy tells you to. If that fails though you could always take the back way through the abandoned train line that is filled with deathclaws.

There was one point in Super Mario RPG in the forest maze where for some reason I thought I could not proceed any further down one of the tree stump routes. To this day I do not understand how. The only possible explanation I have is that I was using an emulator and might have fiddled with the graphics settings one day.

I believe I got stuck where you need to wall jump back up a chasm. Could not work out the timing and ended up giving up. Was a fun game until that point. Haven't gone back to it yet.

more like the fucking dwemer puzzle box

i dont even think thats necessary to complete the game, it was essentially just there to show you that you could do it

Garage test from Driver.

When I was a kid I had the same issue.

Ran into that point and it was a run killer. Only some years later when I understood how the wall jump worked did I even dare to go back.

It was a sort of shitty way to force you to try to figure out how to do it to be honest. at least make it possible to go back if you can't figure it out. (they even added a save point in that trap area. what devils)

This is completely true

I specifically bought a pad with a turbo switch, and then collected a bubble shield in game to try to get past this.

only if you haven't played any mega man game before

Fuck this stage, and all "keep the same rhythm going" stages in general

Does the Chozo robot hallway thing in AM2R count as casual filter? I literally quit hard mode over it.

Lol, I had a sprinting mod and just rushed it with superior agility and endurance

Best level here.

Oasis was harder

There's a spot where you go into a stump and piss off a wiggler. The path wont open until you do

That entire game is pretty casual compared to DS one (fighting the awful controls) or GBA one (Toss Boys, Marcher, Bon Odori). Not as woeful as the 3DS one though which only offers the challenge train.

They make such adorable faces whether you do well or screw up.

NIGGER I DID MULTIPLE 4 LINE CLEARS DON'T GIVE ME THAT SHIT

Also related is there a proper way to lock it to 60FPS? I guess my refresh rate is too high and that bbs limiter breaks other games until I reboot my PC

> bad game design like that platform in sonic 3 is a "casual filter"

The real casual filter in Rhythm Heaven is lockstep, though.

DDR itself is a casual filter for Pump It Up

For Guacamelee, that entire section.

It took me so damn long to try and do the jump over to here with any relative degree of consistency. I still just rocket jump over there occasionally instead because I don't want to bother with doing this shit every time for red.

What? It's the easiest shit in the game what the fuck are you on about?

You know you fags avoided him in Tag Climax

multi-hit moves will never be fixed

FUCK
THIS
LEVEL

The entire game after level 2.

To be fair, the longer you've played video games without playing a Mega Man game, the higher chance there is that you're a casual.

If you can't Double, Nightmare or Double Performance, UR A CASUL.

can DDR give you arthritis?

So Holla Forums really is nothing but autistic casuals.

I pressed all sorts of buttons but I didn't see anything happen

Quit being such a smug asshole.

checked
There's a reason this stage is so hard compared to the rest of the game.
It was common in games of that time and specially notable in disney games (Pinocchio's rollercoasters still give me PTSD).
It was because of how games were rented at the time, they made it so you'd rent the game, get stumped about halfway through then purchase or rent again the game later.

And at no point did pressing up and down not yield any results? Did the platform erratically moving up and down not clue you in at all? Are you that fucking retarded?

I figured that shit out the first time when I first played the level when I was 7. It's a stupidly designed puzzle but it wasn't fucking hard. You just got lazy and didn't expect a Sonic game to make you pause and think about something or at least try shit out for a few minutes.

Oh look it's the guy that's so fucking smart he knows about everything and anything about video games, that nothing ever tricks him. He's such a fucking genius that he could be using his intellect to help further humanity, but instead he's shitposting about how he can solve every puzzle in video games.

Fuck off nigger, there's always someone that claims that they never fell for a casual filter. You lying sack of shit.

this thread and that game are both disasters

I just waited to get 2 or 3 hits in at a time like a fucking chump.

Oh look, it's that nigger that gets assblasted when someone claims to know better than him so instead of conceding to being stumped by a simple puzzle every 8 year old could solve he points the finger to change the argument that the person ridiculing him is wasting his time. He thinks his opponent's intellect to play a fucking video game is the same as a scientist and that the opponent is wasting time shitposting about games and he is in no way of doing the sane thing.

Just kill yourself nigger. There's always someone who thinks they'll prove someone wrong by questioning their free time even though you're in the same shitty lot in life like me, all while getting mad at a puzzle in 20 yr ild

And it didn't occur to you to even TRY up and down on the pad? What, was Sonic 3 your first game or something?

Goddamn, if it took any of you lot more than a couple minutes to figure it out you're either fucking retarded, or unintuitive.

Bell Gargoyles are the casual filter in DaS not Ornstein and Smough.