Recommendation Thread

let's have one of these.

Wild Arms 2's great, English script quality aside.

God damn it.

I've been trying to get one more in the works (I've got a text file list of some stuff people have brought up thus far), but I honestly don't see threads for it pop up that often.

These days it seems to mostly be the Xbox and Dreamcast that get frequent threads as far as older systems go.

I am trying out Shining Force and I only know probably a handful of games. I was a PC/Snes kid, which sucks cause my close friend had a Sega Genesis and I did enjoy it a lot when over.

I'm somewhere in between "The Weird Guy" and "The Oldfag" but fuck the stuff at the bottom i'm fucking clueless about, only know lostboy because of everyone talking about it for a bit. "Gregor" is where my knowledge stops.

Well, I'll post some screens of the in-progress rtf if you want more ideas for stuff to look into. But again, I don't have anything finished just yet.

You seem to have an old version of the PC chart, friend

Is that chart designed to Trigger

ftfy

Deleted a few shit games.
Put a green border around some that are only worth playing if you have nothing better to do, other than watching pain dry on the walls.

0/10 get your fucking shit together.

And don't give me any whiny faggotry about JK2 not being as good as JK1. It's a great game that should be played, and thanks to Disney there will never be another game with Kyle Katarn ever again so you better enjoy what you can.

NES recommendations needs:

Yo! Noid
Trog
Yoshi Cookie
M.C. Kids
Kid Icarus
Bible Adventures

Been working on trying to make something better than the existing NES ones. Got an rtf list in progress here that I'm still working to get box scans for, as well as further suggestions for refinement.

Does anyone want to make a X360 chart? I'm just gauging interest before making the thread.

Damn, we really need to redo the PC chart.
There has to be a thread for each year and we should just keep what really was good in that year whether or not we like it

And Kickmaster too.

(noticed there's no Power Blade either)

I've considered doing so before, but I really don't see much 360 discussion around here, and it's honestly not a system I'm really familiar with (main games I'd have been interested in for it being Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia, and the latter now has a fan translation for its much enhanced PS3 port). When there's not much discussion from anons, It's a bit hard to know what people here would want to see on it. That said, if/when there's demand for it, I can make it I've done both revisions of old system images that needed updating with missing games/better layout, as well as some from-scratch ones (which are a bit harder; the former tends to provide some basic content off the bat that can be used to help with layout), and I'm not sure I've seen an existing "Holla Forums's recommended 360 games" image.

FUCKING NIGGERS KILL YOURSELVES
however most of those subtractions were sorely needed, as the original charts looked like they were compiled by reddit

No we shouldn't nigger that's how we got the original shitty chart to begin with

It's a fucking stupid endeavor anyways. Computer gaming has been around forever and is way too big to squeeze into just one fucking chart. You're better making a bunch of smaller genre specific charts (RPGs, FPS, simulation, etc) and putting games in that instead.

garage? It's pretty cool

That ice-cream sounds fucking fantastic.

what are the /vr/ cult classics?

that's a rather insurmountable flaw.

Not really. I found it pretty understandable (barring Liz's shit, but I've heard that's less an issue of mistranslation and more that his double speak doesn't work well in western languages, or something), but some lines do require reading more than once to really get, which admittedly isn't good. Only time it actively got in the way of playing (from what I remember of it) was a puzzle towards in the end of the game requiring out-of-game knowledge that wasn't translated well.

Still, it could probably benefit a lot from a fan retranslation patch, but unless some moonspeaking westerner that's devoted/autistic enough about the series decides to give a lot of time to it (the way, say, BoFII and AT2 have seen), I don't think there's demand enough for it to happen. Wild Arms hasn't been the most popular JRPG series (with some places even outright calling it a "filler" series compared to the likes of more hyped, bigger budget JRPGs of the time).

Overall though I found it to be a really good game. Definitely a favorite in the series along with WA3 for me.

ftfy

Didn't realise Golden Axe was even on PC
Half Life 2 was on PC, and Shit ports on XB, X360 and PS3, so I think that most people think PC when they think HL2

I've actually had an idea in the works for an 8/v/ specific PS3 image, considering that halfchan one's had some issues (it certainly hasn't helped matters that the import games on the old one aren't exactly the most identifiable without having an English name plate). Still not real sure what to about representing games that are PSN only in the west, whether to just have them in a general PSN section (alongside games that are PSN exclusive worldwide) using those PSN icons instead of box art, or use the actual JP covers instead and simply note that they're digital only in the west.

And it's not known for being a PC game. It's brawler that most played in the arcade or Genesis. You might as well put every single console port to PC game on there while you're at it.

And it's a shit game that's cast a negative influence on games, hence why it should be taken off, or at least diminished compared to other games.

Man, I can't agree with that mouse guide. I love the G9 and G9X, I wish they'd make more of them or an updated version of it. The only issue is that after a few years of use, the side buttons start to go out.

What's wrong with the games that you removed anyway?

You're on Holla Forums.

Never question negativity, always question positivity. That's how things work around here, now lurk more or get back to reddit.

Because they are.

Back to >>>/reddit/

What favorite game of yours got removed?

you could have just answered the question, but instead you made a copy pasta that only a redditor would make.
>>>/reddit/

thats not exactly how it works