Wallpaper / Background Thread

Can we have a background thread?

Share your favourites with other anons

my current background.
Its pretty cool.

My wallpapers are 2-4 MB each at 1080p usually. Christ

Unfortunately, I have developed wallpaper autism. The only ones I find acceptable are ones without text, faces, people, or animals.

These are breddy gud. Thanks.

Thanks, user. My autism is actually being sated today.

There are wallpapers for everyone on the spectrum.

Please stop, by the looks of things you come off as a giant fucking normalfag.

I said stop

No, you fuck off with your burger comic book trash and generic Nintendo shit.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/tumblr/

These are very old.
Vidya wallpapers (much like vidya apparel) are rarely "subtle" or "tasteful" references anyways.

If I was to post my actual favorites rather than keeping it vidya with this ancient folder of vidya wallpapers I'd be posting landscapes.

I'm Mr.4c7380 you're rude.

No, they can be decent, you're just post fucking generic LE EBIN NERD CULTURE horseshit because you're a fucking normalfag with shit taste.

Sorry, your color ids are similar.

kys tbqh famalamadingdong

kys reddit tbh smh

and what the fuck are you? some misunderstood true king of the nerds? get the fuck out with this pointless faggotry

ay cool fam but lemme ax u sumthin do u think dat a nigga i mean like a real nigga doe do u think dat a real nigga would ever stick his dikk in a vacuum juz like wun time u know juz to see what it feels like u know what im saying cuz i aint kno any niggaz who did dat but like if there wuz i mean like it wouldnt really be that weird u kno

That's 90% of all vidya wallpapers & apparel. Learn to accept video game "culture" is mostly terrible.
References, to pretty much any "nerd" thing, have been ruined by the likes of Family Guy, Robot Chicken & Big Bang Theory.

These are the sort of wallpapers I prefer, btw. Pleasant scenery.

Looking for non weeb, overdesigned stuff here

i forgot to back up my wallpaper folder when i wiped one of my drives

and what the fuck are you? some giant faggot from reddit who enjoys normalfags shit like comic books? get the fuck out with this pointless faggotry

I mean since we can post non vidya backgrounds let's do it. Let's bring Holla Forums and /a/ and /furry/ while we're at it

And you're the reason it's shit, because you're a fucking normalfag. Why are you posting non vidya backgrounds anyway? You can't most anything slightly different than generic nerd culture shit? You can't keep it vidya related? This your first day newfag?

please stop fighting

Holla Forums art folder mite b better. Dunno if many of the images are big enough though.

I just want reddit to leave user. Don't you want reddit leave?

No, that's you having garbage taste and being a very simple person. That's not vidya's fault, it's yours.

yeah seeing as how you wont shut up I might as well just filter you
tryhards dreaming themselves true king of the nerds shouting REDDIT and SUMMER at every turn are overcompensating for something

What went wrong?

I'm sorry you aren't welcomed here.

Goku started being his dad instead of Piccolo.

At least he kicked Super Buu's ass without transforming.

Fuck you.

If you're really that mad, just filter like I'm doing to you now.

Oh yes

Gohan was always a nerd. he was always studying as a kid because of chichi.

Instead of chasing his father's legacy (real dad & green dad) he conformed to his mother's wishes because there were enough years of peacetime to justify being a scholar but no justification for being a fighter.

first image is tokyo, second and third are seattle

Don't you hate it when you've saved like 30 pictures of somebody else's waifu and you've got no idea why?

I'm not good at organizing stuff, so sorry if i post an anime wallpaper accidentally.

That's pretty fucking pathetic.

That's pretty fucking pathetic.

I don't know about you, i'm posting all the shit wallpapers i don't want.

Here's a 1920x1280 version I made

He fell for the 4K meme.

I know you're trying to hit the bump limit, but why? What did this thread do to offend you?

Gonna need a Nepgear wallpaper

I got 4K+ images but practically none of it is vidya.

Wallpaper threads are gonna mostly have stuff under 2K since more people are on toasters that wouldn't run vidya over 1080p anyways thus have monitors with resolutions under 2K.

Nothing. I just did a bit of spring cleaning and found a whole load of wallpapers i didn't want, so instead of deleting them i upload them to wallpaper threads so people like can enjoy them.

Oh. Well thanks then.
I must be getting paranoid.

I did fuck that up. That's what I get for lurking Holla Forums on multiple tabs while working. I switched to the wrong tab to reply.

Now, are you shitposting, or are there literally retards here who think that a better display resolution is a "meme"? You don't even have the "higher GPU load" excuse, because I can use 2160p for work and dicking around on the internet and drop to 1080p for video games with literally no downside (unless you are stupid enough to think that you are obligated to play at exactly your display resolution). It's not like it's even fucking expensive; this monitor was $400.

It's okay.

Also, i can't find nepgear for the life of me

█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

Thanks for looking anyway

All I have are ones where she is with someone else.

Thanks m8y

tiddie a breast

Seconded

If you don't know why endless summer is a thing you need to fuck right off and end your life.

Current desktop.

Get the fuck out.

i really like that metal slug one. any more similar?

nuDOOM might've been shit, but goddamn did it have a good alternate cover.

fuck off back to your shithole

Nope. Unless you want to come over here and look for them yourself.

is that an invitation?

anybody got any 1920x1200 vivian or jojo's?
thanks in advance

An invitation to hang my entire wallpapers folder on mega so you can go through it with a fine comb, yes.

Gimmie a minute

anymore of those earthbound ones? those are also great.
i love using game maps as a background. years ago i tried making one for links awakening but couldnt get similarly sized ones for the entire map. only chunks.

oh

You guys are going to run me ragged.

And one more for luck

If someone can edit out the hair in the lower left of the first image, it would be greatly appreciated.

I meant lower right.

I was amazed to learn how many matte paintings were used in the original trilogy.
I still believe they looked awesome, specially the planets.

Which reminds me, the Millenium Falcon was never made to scale 1:1 in the original movies, every time we see it it's either a small model or a painting.

They did build a real 1:1 for episode 7, though.

Endless Legend has good ass wallpapers.

D.Va's using the blutsauger from TF2. To soder a fucking mech. Neat.

so many tabs open thanks to this thread

He actually has a character and interests outside of being a fight autist like his dad and Vegeta.

Post more Yakuza please.

I've been looking for that pirate one forever, thanks

fuck yeah

I fucking love you.

Where do you fuckbois get your walls from besides here?

non-vidya coming through : ^ )

Portrait Wallpapers!

OC
I know that it is shit, no need to tell me.

OH GOD, WHAT IS THIS RETARDED PIECE OF SHIT?

WHO FUCKING MADE THAT?!

OH MY GOD THAT WALLPAPER IS AMAZING SAVE SAVE SAVE

Good taste.

Fuck off

bump, please. I love wallpaper threads

Takeshi castle…my man.
also the american dub

The girl of the wilds and chuunibyou are custom edits from me

Now if any of you fine gentlemen had any good David Bowie wallpapers,I'd be eternally grateful.
Tried finding some,but mostly are crap.

Reminder that the execution in pic 3 was entirely justified, and the photographer considered the general a hero and apologized to him in person for the photo's effects.

You what?

It'd be great if someone could point me in the direction of the rest. This is all I've got.

Space Engine is great for wallpapers.

Holla Forums is not the place to ask for a Bowie wallpaper.

We need an update on that user

Honestly? No
At least he is proactive on the thread even if he is from Reddit. He could learn how to behave

You on the other hand are just spearging around without posting shit

I agree with you.

But you should post a wallpaper, even if it is a shitty one, or you seem like a hypocrite

Why is there so much non vidya shit on this thread? Jesus christ

why does almost every fucker on the face of the earth always have a shit taste in wallpapers, and assume that vidya wallpapers are anything but shit?

Probably because videogames has no tradition of things like blocking or setting up a good frame, especially since they're often set aside for things like UI and visibility. Having things look good on a screen comes second to having things look recognizable in frame so that the player can react to it on time. That's why you see vidya cosplays that look stupid, it's so they look like themselves even when shrunk down to tiny handheld screens and glimpsed out of the corner of your eye.

I'm talking about fan art shit though. It ALWAYS ends up looking ugly as shit, better off taking in-game screenshots at that point.

I can't think of a single vidya wallpaper that isn't a screenshot, that doesn't look like complete dogshit.

You're totally right. All of these wallpapers just serve to remind people that the intellectual property exists, and to make people feel good for recognizing them.

Stop being a little faggot, you know that's not what I meant. It's redundant to have a logo on something that you clearly know what the image is referencing to. When you just slap a logo on a pretty picture of vidya, it becomes glorified box art. Same with using big name logos or characters as wallpapers, it ends up looking like some shit wal mart would use as a wallpaper for a kids section.

So, what should a wallpaper do, in your eyes?

A wallpaper in general? It should have a heavy emphasis on only one or two colors so that your desktop icons don't get lost in all the weird colors and shit, this is a big one, have only one or two "big" characters or objects on screen in order to keep your focus on one thing instead of a million different things, along with lots of details that aren't intrusive as fluff to populate the screen and make it look a bit more alive. Which means basically space, or picture of organized and aesthetically neat places irl. Ultimately, wallpapers don't have to do all of those things, but it should adhere to most of them. The little details would be the most important because minimal shit looks boring as fuck, like a starbucks website layout.

Yeah, i think i understand.

Shit,user,I don goofed I know.
/mu/ is so shit its not even worth it.
Just hoped some of you had it.

I'll accept.

TRIGGERED