Shogo
Starsiege
Heavy gear 1 & 2
Mech 3 pirate moon

Shithouse tier:
Armored Core 5
Hawken
Mechwarrior online

Another Century's Episode series is still my top favorite one.

Gundam games like Zeonic Front, Encounters in Space or Climax UC are close seconds.

I dont understand why everyone shits on hawken

Alright they advertise it as a mech game, but it's not. You pilot battle armors or really light mechs at best. Once you understand that, it's a nice arena shooter

I think its because p2w content, not because of gameplay.

Kay buddy

Hawken is a mech game in the same way a toddler running around going 'brrrrmm! brrrm!!' is an F1 driver.

It's just an standard issue FPS with a cockpit hud.

Starsiege is and always has been a poor mans Mech 3. Mechs look like they're made out of Lego.

Shogo and Heavy Gears. Both have 'vehicle' mode transformations, which is cool. Shogo in particular though handles like the FPS sections of the game but with bigger enemies when in mech mode. No difference otherwise. Heavy gear is a pretty mediocre series with the exception of space fighting which was done badly.

INTO THE THRASH YOU GO, OP

Any of these besides Mechw 4 on the PC?

Op, your list is complete trash and you should delete your thread

Incomplete list. MechAssualt belongs on Excellent Tier at least.

Nostalgia is one hell of a drug, huh? Both MW3 and 4 are better in every single aspect.

They're just DMC1 and 3 rip-offs respectively with perma fly mode on.

ACE is meh

That's not Last Raven

That ain't Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost!

Do giant remote controlled robots count?

And that's precisely why it's shit. It's paraded as a mech game when it isn't. If they advertised it as a powered armor game, maybe it wouldn't get shit on so much. And the p2w content is cancer. All f2p games are trash, Hawken being one of them.

No, the gameplay is shit because the game tries to fool you into being a mech sim when it's another trash FPS with with power armor mechanics.

???

Oh, and another game the stupid nigger OP forgot.

It's a shallow action game, but the sense of scale is great, with you being able to crush cars and civilians as you blow up other mechs.

It's good tier at best.

You can earn premium currency in Warframe without spending money too.
You still can by power with money.
That's what p2w is.

All this mecha talk reminds me, I've stumbled upon this game called Brigador recently which looks like a spiritual succesor to Future Cop LAPD. Is it any good?

Nigger that's not what pay 2 win is, that's pay 2 skip grind. I was level 49 with a full jaywalker set on exteel and mastery 20 on warframe when i quit, there were no straight advantages to buying stuff with real currency other than saving time.

:^)

???

I'm not justifying the grind, not on warframe's part at least. There are countless games where you can buy items with X ingame currency, or with X real currency, versus something like S4 league where

It's ok whale-chan, we all have our guilty pleasures. It's your money after all, nobody is judging you.

I'd argue that Zone of the Enders 2 is at least good tier.

Really simple and pixel art graphics. Got bored of it after 2 missions

I would argue its a great game, but a poor mech game. Primarily because it does not really feel like you are controlling a mech. That is something that is not uncommon among games featuring mechs.

How is Gundam Dynasty Warriors 1? Despite the inverted x-axis I kind of like it but I only played for maybe an hour

That's unfortunate.

sounds like its time to get your ass in gear and to head to >>>/agdg/ and make one yourself

Another pay to win piece of shit. Does it at least have campaign yet?

Kill yourself.

Ah, I see. Are the Front Mission games good mech games?

no, they made no changes to the game in the last year except cosmetic shit that you can buy and adding new mechs.
It's not p2w tho, there is a LOT of grind to get a new mech, but the cash you get upfont is enough to deck out at least 1 mech that will be competitive if you don't choose really poorly. I know I sound like I'm defending this shit but I just want to correct that it really isn't p2w in any way. Just usual f2p cosmetic bullshit

I'm not supporting it in a financial sense

The strategy ones are pretty good. Fuck evolved though.

Yes, as opposed to Super Robot Taisen, that are fun TRPGs, but barely mech games. In Front Mission games not only you can change pilots and weapons, but also a whole lot of parts of mechs.

If you can buy ANYTHING gameplay related with real money, it's instant 100% unquestionable pay to win. Like, there is no discussion there, holy fuck, you dumb whales will defend anything.
Fucking costumes/paintjobs/auras/anything that doesn't have stats or function - it's not p2w.
Mechs/guns/anything changing stat/character slots/storage space/boosters/etc - it's p2w. Doesn't fucking matter if you can grind to get all that, you still can fucking buy it instantly. It's the definition of p2w. Congratulations on actually making me backside bothered over obvious shit.

Evolved felt like what new Armored Core should have been, with basic controls and mech feel working perfectly fine with both KB+M and gamepad, but actual levels, forced parts, linear upgrades instead of customization and a whole bunch of other shit really dragged it down into the abyss of bad video games.

What actually is hard to grasp?
Let's pretend some unspecified game has a weapon that can be bought with both ingame and real currency.
If you buy it with ingame currency it has 10 damage and 60 accuracy.
If you buy it with real currency it has (shocker) 10 damage and 60 accuracy.
Two players of equal skill will not have an advantage over each other using the same weapon.

well, I just disagree on that definition. To me p2w is if you can get superior gameplay items with real money, that are not reasonably accessible to f2p players, and this is not the case. For example, MWO would be p2w if $ only hero mechs were superior to other variants, but they are shit and nobody uses them (they only have an increased in-game money grind rate which is not gameplay related)

also this

Armored core is shit.
Starsiege is great, you faggot.

Also, where is Macross?

Nigga I'll cut you

Though the controls were awkward, this was still a fucking amazing game.

It's a poor mans mechwarrior 3 with mechs that look like they fell straight out of a kinder egg

great start OP

oh hey it's you again! saying the exact same thing you said about starsiege last time
maybe try playing the game?

Not surprised tbh

meh list

Really wish V and VD were better, I actually the mech design and the idea of deplorable weapons.

Can anyone recommend any mech games that work well with a HOTAS flight stick? All I can really think of is Mechwarrior.

I've played the game, including the more difficult Cybrid campaign. The music is good. The game is not.

Mech 3 is just fucking miles ahead. Mech 4 is a massive step down from 3. Starsiege isn't in the same league.

The anime was good, but the games are the reason I like robotech.

Mechs are so gay. Gundam is an objectively shit TV show with as much depth as Pokemon and yet there's a billion fucking spinoffs. It's like the Law and Order of cartoons.

Mechs are pretty stupid in and of themselves too. In reality: they can be easily disabled by an RPG-7 on a terrestrial battlefield and, in space, the robots that you see in Gundam can be outmanoeuvred by aerodynamic starships like the X-Wing and Arwing.

That better be some fucking bait.

I bet you enjoyed MW4's fisher price mech lab, OP.

Firstly, it's in the same tier. Secondly, having weapon specific hardpoints was a way better system than just allowing any weapon in any slot.

It would be better if refits were risky, but still possible. Shit like accuracy or cooling dropping after a botched refit, or just losing a bonus attached to the factory config.
Omnimechs having fixed hardpoints was fucking retarded anyway. Fixed tonnage of podspace, not "omni hardpoints".

I just want a game where it's as fun as it looks to control a eva in the show

I'd agree that ZoE 1 is mediocre, but ZoE 2 is fantastic.

Omnimechs are dumb as hell. Why should I be able to put gauss guns in the missile racks of the iconic Madcat? Fuck outta here.

If you're going to shitpost do it right.

They destroyed any sort of mech-like pacing or feeling the game had to it. Used to be light mechs felt light, medium mechs felt medium, and heavy mechs were bastions of beefiness. And your equipment was limited. But that was ages ago.
Now you may as well just play Counterstrike or something.

He obviously means the handling and physics, which would be like playing as a gigantic tipsy gymnast. Sounds fun to me. A mecha game that is more than just about boosting is pretty sorely needed, and being able to cartwheel into a overhead kick while being 80 meters tall would be pretty fresh.

I can't even remember the last mecha game I could even sprint in.

Shogo's PC.
Armored Core never ever. Fuck Dark Souls

Get in the fucking robots, Anons.

Sounds like a lot of not a mecha game to me.

Mechwarrior 2 and 3
Starsiege
Heavy gear 1 / 2
Hawken
Shogo

Grab a PS1 emulator and play armored core

Actually.

you know what he means butthead, its to do with mechs odd mass distribution.

the power creep in this game has reached "WHY" levels or stupid

the TW version is alright, if it wasn't a laggy PoS, even worse than the JP version