All Hands On Deck – How you can use your skills to contribute to Firefox 57 success

By Brian Fagioli

If you’ve been following Firefox development over the last year, you probably know that we’re hard at work on a major refactor of the browser, codenamed Quantum.

It’s been a very exciting and challenging time with hundreds of engineers bringing to life new concepts and incorporating them into our engine – Gecko. Those refactors, which will culminate in the release of Firefox 57, touch the very foundation of our engine and require massive changes to it.

We’ve moved the whole engine from a single to multi-process model which is perhaps the hardest possible refactor a major piece of software can go through. We’ve added a whole new systems level programming language, and we’re replacing major components of the engine such as styling and rendering systems. There are substantial changes to our networking layer and security layers as well as completely new components like a new extension ecosystem, virtual reality stack and APZ. We’ve added another new programming language as part of our JS engine and significantly remodeled our build process and infrastructure allowing for quick feature testing, telemetry analysis to understand how our changes impact users and many, many more things.

The changes are massive. This is the largest refactor to Gecko and Firefox in my 17 years of contributing to the project. But we’re not done yet…

Here’s my request. Over the next 3 weeks, consider booking some of your time to help us make Firefox 57 great for you and for your friends. It can be as little as an hour per week, or half of your Saturday, or maybe more.

We can all make a real impact and help the major improvements developed by the whole Mozilla project really shine with final touches from folks like us. There are several hundred backlog items. If we can get a hundred contributors each fixing one bug per week, we’ll fix them all!

And in 3 weeks, we can send off Firefox 57 to beta knowing we all contributed to making the web a healthy ecosystem and participated in the release of an amazing product.

Will you help make Firefox great again? Smash that comment button and let me know all about it.

betanews.com/2017/09/01/all-hands-on-deck-how-you-can-use-your-skills-to-contribute-to-firefox-57-success/

Other urls found in this thread:

mozilla.org/en-US/about/governance/policies/participation/
youtu.be/PK4h-l1PLGM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what the fuck

FAGIOLI FAGIOLI THIS BELONGS ON Holla ForumsIOLI

Firefox should have adnauseam included in the standard installation.

Where in the fuck did you get that third furfag picture not secret agency? Also this is the wrong board moron.

If they are posting this shit here then the slide is real today.

FAGIOLI FAGIOLI POZ US WITH SOME BOTNETOLI

firefox only wants your help if you get fucked in the ass on a regular basis. cis white males need not apply

mozilla.org/en-US/about/governance/policies/participation/

I can't wait to watch this crash and burn hard
from the comfort of my new browser

>(((telemetry analysis)))

Fuck Firefox.

youtu.be/PK4h-l1PLGM

FAGIOLI FAGIOLI
GET THE FUCK BACK TO >>>Holla Forumsioli

Firefox went to shit since they fired the CEO guy.

Crashes all the time, everyone should uninstall that shit and tell everyone else to do the same.

FAGIOLI should go back to Holla Forums and kill himself for being an apple-worshiping closeted faggot cuck

what are you using user? I'm still on pozfox, whats the Holla Forums consensus?

That was a great thread.

Use Waterfox instead.

OH SHIT BETANEWS IS A DNC HONEYPOT
DO NOT CLICK

Oh wait, that's the registrar. I'm retarded, nevermind.

FAGIOLI FAGIOLI PUT DOWN THE BURGEROLI

Faggots like this and trannys are the tech shock troops of the left.

All of them flow out of the aids ridden bunghole of San Francisco.

I've become attached to Palemoon

use midori for a supreme browsing experience

I switched over to Vivaldi. It's decently fast, although it annoys me that it can't wipe history automatically between sessions like I've been used to with Mozilla-based browsers. GNU IceCat is probably the best option, if you can run it.

It's funny, I switched to Pale Meme after the Soros data collection reveal. And then within a week, the furfag curator of PM went against the "your browser, your way" philosophy by banning AdNauseum.

what

Also sage for shit thread, people should be using Brave, Pale Moon, or one of the other uncucked browsers.

kek

kek

lynx or links

am concern