Surreal Thread

ITT post good surreal games, stuff like pic related
Bonus points if it's fantasy

We live in a Society where the most surreal things have become normalized and things you'd find in generic European fairy tails are now known as "surreal". They're beautiful, sure, but they're more close to reality than something like…let's say, super Mario.

The elderly was a mistake

it wasn't that surreal

but you might wanna play this one

First of all, precieved reality is very fluid and changes from generation to generation.
Second, people poke out the oddities of the world presented in the Super Mario series rather frequently.

No, just that one part
I've been meaning to, but it never drops in price

Alright, what are you sliding?

So there's this wizard that ends up in a realm ruled by many gods that all have different personalities.

He's courted by earthworm jim, tim curry with a hot hair baloon replacing his head, a creature out of hellraiser that loves dishing out pain, donald trump that has been lit on fire, and a milf mother nature, he must find his way trough all these different creeds with the help of his familiar, a floating torso with wings that wears a diaper and speaks in a monotone british voice.

Your units include naked nymphs, and floating murdercylinders with spinnign saws on each end and grotesque smiles in the middle.

The protagonist is also Roy Campbell from metal gear solid.

Surreal enough for you?

Been meaning to play El Shaddai sometime myself. Main issue on my end has just been trying to find a copy locally, since chances are I can get it cheaper than online like that. Unfortunately the nearest Fucking Gamestop with it was like 80 miles away according to their website, and none of the other stores around here have seen a copy in ages.

Rayman Revolution
Best game in my book

Can't beat the masters

Cargo! Isn't really a game per se, rather an artsy "fuck you" to most of the AAA addicted video game community and all gaming journalists.

It honestly wasn't as clever as it thought itself to be and really wasn't a good game in general.

Even while trying to raise a middle finger to the industry they managed to make a game with more culture to it than the AAA games they were mocking. Any game titled after an Archimedes joke is worth mentioning

Oh good, someone beat me to mentioning The Void.

Some other suggestions:

Zeno Clash
the entire Oddworld series
The Sentinel Returns
LSD

Less surreal, but with surreal elements:

Sacrifice
Legacy of Kain
Trog
Planescape: Torment

Also look into the film Meet the Hollowheads and the series Lexx

Also check out the trailer for Scorn, an FPS set in an overtly H.R. Giger-inspired world.

Avoid consuming drugs while viewing any of this media.

The Sentinel Returns is just a weird puzzle game with a strange intro which is never explained, but probably it's most interesting element is the John Carpenter soundtrack.

So which game is snake tits?

looks like a Tool music video about hell in game form.

That screenshot is from The Void, as are these.

You play as a lost soul traveling The Void which is inhabited by Sisters and Captains. It's kind of hard to explain, but the whole thing's about unlocking stuff using colors.

I hope I didn't inadvertently kill this topic, I'd love to hear more suggestions…

Pyro's theme is fucking fire

James best god

Mon Negri

Actually still got that in the backlog, recently bought it because I never finished it as a child.

Is there a solid yar har of The Void, the last few Steam rips I tried lagged like hell

Just pirate the GOG version nigga, or pirate the iso, there's no need to deal with DRM

Tim curry has a helium baloon, his body is a helium tank.