3DS CFW/Homebrew Thread

INSTALLATION GUIDE
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable.
>11.0:
You can not run any CFW
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accessible with Browser/Menuhax.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/tfjekz.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
pastebin.com/VFMUydUb
archive.fo/B8qbs
github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases
github.com/TuxSH/TWLSaveTool/releases
my.mixtape.moe/hinciq.sav
github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases
volafile.io/r/acH6c7
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes
3dsthem.es/
gbatemp.net/threads/magikarp-custom-splash-screens-thread.410948/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootanim9-custom-boot-animations-for-arm9loaderhax.420202/
xem.github.io/3DShomebrew/tools/image-to-bin.html
pastebin.com/awgZEjku
bootscreen3ds.herokuapp.com/
mega.nz/#!mRojwQRI!onw5Z9YcEJ5K2xgUW7xLTogeMDjvOgF3Yfa-FSXrIp4
volafile.io/get/EkSlPiMVw65eI/Smash Bros 3DS DLC Content 12-14-2015.cia
gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-emunand-save-data-mega-guide-gbatemp-doesnt-deserve.378491/
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-export-import-gateway-card1-sav-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/
techraptor.net/content/nintendo-direct-sep-2016-recap
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
archive.is/2UYw1
gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/
3dschaos.com/threads/pokémon-gold-silver-crystal-rom-hacks-including-wireless-communication-patch.5666/
wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_3DS_homebrew
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the luma.dat to the root of your SD card, as well as the and 3ds folder. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/tfjekz.zip
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
ReiNand Download (Now supports O3DS AND N3DS): github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
BootNTR for 11.0: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO Account: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
3DSChaos Account: user: eightvee pass: eightveebunker
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/VFMUydUb
Last Thread: archive.fo/B8qbs

Is freeshop the new go-to for getting .cias? CIAngel has been consistently trash for a while now.

Update check assholes:

Luma is on 6.1.1: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Homebrew Launcher CIA has been updated for the first time in 6 months: github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases

TWLSavetool is the same: github.com/TuxSH/TWLSaveTool/releases

Freeshop 2.0.4 is out but you should have autoupdate anyways.

freeshop now has pretty much all the features of ciangel and has a much nicer ui, definitely get it.

I installed everything in my friends 3DS with LUMA.

What's the recommended .CIA installer?

Thanks, bitch.

Use FBI for default but if you want another option just in case install devmenu with it, both are included in the utility pack linked in op.

I meant more along the lines of the games I get through it constantly crash or don't bother running in the first place. Regardless, you've sold me on freeshop.

that's more likely an SD issue than a ciangel issue, the cias you get from either should be nearly equivalent to getting them from the eshop. Regardless, give freeshop a try.

Is JKSM better than that?

A lot of anons had problems with CIAngel and one user said it's probably a problem with CIAngel during the transferal or the installation of the .cia, or something of the sort. I might be talking out of my ass, but I trust that user.

TWLSavetool is for DS games, JK's is for 3DS. As for the ciangel thing, fair enough, I've never used it.

I know this is the 3DS thread and all, but does anyone have the VC version of Super Mario Advance 4 for the Wii U? I want it for Loadiine.

I've been looking fucking EVERYWHERE.

Just had an awful thought. Does anyone know if Gateway's blue card also encrypts save files? I believe it's a bootleg R4i Gold (how ironic) so it should work on those flash cards at least. Test save file for Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin (USA).nds

my.mixtape.moe/hinciq.sav

I finished Ace Attorney Dual Destinies, but I really want to play the DLC case. I tried installing the DLC .cia with FBI, shit didn't work. I've read that FBI just won't work with DLC, so I tried out BigBlueMenu, but results were identical.

What should I do?

Tell me what you're using.

DLC works on even the worst settings, it works with mine, and I'm still using the old Reinand boot method.

I have luma and i'm interested in freeshop but i have one question: how does it work to get games and can i play them online from the get go or i'm goign to be banned?

I'm using the method that was in the old guide, but I didn't wanna bother with arm9loader. So it's basically just EmuNAND with Luma. I also updated the firmware on EmuNAND to 11.0.

If I fucked myself over, then it's no big deal. I have 2 backups I made while following the guide.

I hope I understood you correctly, kek

You'll only be banned if you are using a game cart or do something fucking dumb like cheating.

Did you try using freeshop?
Also update to a9lh since its safer and simpler now

I'll try using freeshop and post results.

also, wew I fucked up the post ID for the response

Don't use FBI for DLC. I usually install DLC with DevMenu. It was the only way to make Smash DLC work. Alternatively, use Freeshop.

Desoite what other nerds say, FBI does work with DLC, and only ever had some errors before it was on ver 2.

Freeshop is best for DLC and updates, but I'm still salty I cant downloas things for carts.

Silly question, did you install DLC for the wrong region compared to the game?

Nope, the game and DLC are both EUR. I'm still fucking around with freeshop. I'll probably get it done in a minute.

Anyone used this shit?
github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases

Its redundant now. Only used for freeshop v1. Its useless in two ways now, 1- freeshop v2 changed path directories and 2 - freeshop v2 allows you to scan a qr code and auto updates it for you.

QR code is found on 3dstitlekeys site, click the little button next to enctitlekeys.bin.

To instal the dlc, hit the shopping bag icon to see installed titles, click the game then click dlc.

You are on freeshop 2, right? Make sure youve set auto updates on.

latest freeshop has autoupdating keys in settings. Just go get the qr code for the keys.bin

just installed freeshop and downloading a game. How do i download dlc and updates?

I was probably the guy you were talking to about it and yeah CIAngel is a notorious source of fucking up cias through refusal to install, failure to play, or random crashes in gameplay. Likely cause is cias corrupting during or after download from how CIAngel handles it while Freeshop suffers no such complications.

Are you on the latetst version? If so, when you hit install, it should autoqueue the updates and dlc.
If there are none, once its installed, click the little bag icon, find the game then click it and it will pop up a menu if theres updates or dlc to install for that title.

How do I use Freeshop? Is there a step-by-step process?

Updated the keys through the QR code posted here and downloaded the DLC. Everything works perfectly now. Thanks, guys.

Download the .cia of the program, install it through FBI, after installing it, go to settings in Freeshop and scan this QR code
The rest is self-explanatory. Just pick whatever you want to install and you're done.

Install latest version from github.
Run.
It will give an error about a missing file on the topmscreen.
Go to the gear icon in the bottom.
Click the updates tab.
Click the button that looks like a qr code, sort of 4 squares.
Camera pops up, scan the qr code I posted here

Wait.
Done, you can search all games from the eshop for free, from all regions.
Autoupdates the app and the games on launch every time.

No problem bud.

thanks dude, i did a test and it works. I'll probably just download cias on pc then install it since it's faster, then use freeshop for updates and dlc since i don't want to search around on different sites.

Not sure if that is faster, but power to you, bud.

Doesn't the 3DS have a download speed cap?

1.5mbs

So I hacked my 3DS back when they first got downgrading working so I am using EmuNAND and ReiNAND. Is it worth it to switch to arm9loaderhax and Luma and how would I go about doing that?

Alright niggers, still got Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced v1.11 and Purple sorted for .cias if anyone wants. If niggers want a GBA .cia made as well, ask.

Maybe others as well since have the other injectors.

How'd you update homebrew launcher?
What's the shit you should check once update Luma again? Put off updating.

I still use rxtools with emuNAND and remind people on the reddit daily to cause maximum salt production.
There are benefits and it got a whole lot easier, just follow the guide by Pailiect in the OP. As you have an emunand, you would be swapping rei to luma, which is just copying over files and opening luma instead of rei.
A9lh is longer but has more rewards that I taunt people about further like gauranteed/faster boots, less space taken on sd, customisation out the wazoo, impossible to softbrico etc.
Follow the Paliect guide for either, and post here if you need help.

HBL is a bit prettier and doesnt make your sd so cluttered. Also uses https, which never hurts.
Never update titles unles you need what they add. Ive got a million pieces of software that arent updated because if you update it, it may break what already works. I think some people said dont use starupdater, use lumaupdater. Also, make sure you go to the latest version, and some builds they put up in the last day or two were causing errorsl but are fixed in newer version.

Oh, misread you I think. If you want to update HBL, you delete the title off your sysnand/emunand and install the new .cia. This isnt the menuhax hbl, this is the app you install to a nand.

I'm using Luma, so no sysnand and shit.
I have Lumaupdater from a while ago now, still good to use?

Yeah, its good.

No sysnand? You mean you use an emunand or rednand?

I lied to you.
Update LumaUpdater, then update Luma.

seeing as it's just an r4i clone, I don't think it does.

FBI works fine with FBI, big blue menu is an out of date version of devmenu anyways. Devmenu is included in the op utilities pack.

It's kinda got a slow-ass wireless card.

it's worth it, it's a lot shorter now too.

the homebrew launcher cia you just have to install over, for the actual launcher itself you have to redownload the starter pack. For A9LH the only required things you need to check are autoboot sysnand, and use sysnand firm when booting with r, the rest are optional.

you should update it first, there was an issue with the latest release that got fixed.

for what purpose user

Starupdater was the first, but lumaupdater has a better ui and gets updates so I swapped it in the OP.

The guide makes no mention of emu/redNANDs anymore so I am not exactly sure where to start. Should I just load up Decrypt9 and go from there? How do I then merge my emuNAND with the new hacked sysNAND?

Ah, easy then.

Goddammit, means taking the fucking cover off yet again.

you can follow the step 5 from the old guide, it has instructions for copying emunand over sysnand

How do I access the "old guide"?

Use an FTP application or the Micro SD management in system settings instead.

If you're not already on a9lh that's retarded because then you're just fucking yourself from being able to downgrade again.

yeah, just load up D9 and go from there, make backups of your emu/sysnand first but then you should be fine.

I'm uploading Moemon Sigma Emerald to Vola. If you can inject it? I already did the banners and everything.

This is a terrible advice.

Sure. What's link to Vola again? Fucking misplaced it in folders somewhere.

Nuoh my god

volafile.io/r/acH6c7
Still uploading, tho.

Do you have just the .gba?

Yeah, that's the one I uploaded in order to inject it to VC.

Mucho obligato

Uploading it now user.

Already have it babe

It's up. I didn't fuck with the .gba file, so if saves and shit don't work, yell.
Gonna stick around in vola chat if needed.

fuck, wrong id.

No sweat

how would I update my existing rxtools o3ds into arm9hax? just follow steps 2 and 3?

Part 3 has a link that tells you when and how to copy over your emu/redNAND to the thing. So just load up the latest version of decrypt9 then follow up to that part.

OK. and I am kinda cfwing a new 3ds, so I want to ask, now that it is all done and a9lh is on it, can I update safely to the current firmware?

In short, yes.

ok, thanks, its a whole new hacking method, and I would rather play it safe

You're on 9.2 right? You cannot update normally from 2.1 on a New 3DS it will brick it.

Also, would anyone have that speed fix for Star Fox Zero?

If I want to upgrade the version of FBI replacing my health and safety app, do I have to do the whole inject again with the new version of FBI?

You mean a framerate fix? If so, I'd like in on this as well.

Does anyone know how to install shit over the network with the new version of FBI? I tried using socketpunch but it just errors out everytime now. I want to install and try out federation force but I cannot find any QR codes or anything and I don't want to unscrew my back again.

Install devmenu. Uninstall FBI and then with devmenu install the new version of FBI. If you have H&S injected with a cia manager, you can just use that. Always have more than one .cia installer option.

I had that same problem. You have to download the lastest version of socket punch, that supports the latest version of FBI.

you have to reinject it if you want to have your H&S one updated, but you can just install fbi.cia and update that.

I think they're referring to the loading speed fix which should be on wiiuiso, I have the full game with it as well.

Thanks user it's installing now.

What is the state of Wii U hacking now is it up and running? Last I heard was shit was coming so I just unplugged my Wii U so it wouldn't update.

just

Aren't they close to a 11.0 work around.

Multiplayer is always cancer, always.

fuck if i know

There already is an 11.0 workaround but it requires a hacked 3DS and you need to buy a copy of field runners off the eshop. You hack the game's save file then system transfer to the 3DS you want to hack.

I think user meant something easier. Both ways to downgrade from 11.0 requires extra shit.

Does Freeshop still do that thing where it uninstalls all your pirated DLC? Only reason I've been using CIAngel over it.

Fuck, nevermind then.

Anyone else get a black screen after updating luma to 6.1.1?

I'm 100% senran Kagura Burst and once I do it I'll upload the save so anons can enjoy it without finishing it. I'm at 90%

I doubt it. Freeshop have DLC support now.

No. Try installing the previous version.

Restore the backup, right?

you can if you want to but if you actually want to update get the latest version of luma from the github page and replace it.

goddamn luma updater and star updater making me complacent, thanks for the help

Man I wish Burst was on the FreeShop, I think only the foreign versions are on there, and I can only find physical for the original SK.

How well does DOSBOX run on the 3DS anons?

Can I play Tie Fighter or Fallout?

Just look for the .cia version user. I'd upload mine, since I have it on EU .cia format, but my internet is shit. Look for it on 3DSiso.

Well, Scumm VM runs fairly well, so I'd say DOSBOX should work well as well. Maybe I should finally play Alone in the Dark.

Thanks, but not really interested in the foreign versions.

This raises a question, how does the enctitlekey updates? I though that it has every game.

Is there a reason Link's Awakening comes up three times for the EU version on the title key site?
CTR-N-QAAD
CTR-N-QAAF
CTR-N-QAAP

If you bought a game off the eShop and rip your decTitleKey and upload it to the titlekey site it will have it.

I see, but Senran Kagura Burst is on the freeshop, both the NA and EU version. Senran Kagura 2 just EU version.

That's what I mean, only the foreign versions are on the eShop for SK.

So just to let everybody here know, the Mario Land N3DS that released this weekend comes with 10.7 amazingly.

nope, we only have a vc of that for 3ds

I'll go out and buy it in a heartbeat, where the fuck was that confirmed?

Ok so my N3DS is all hacked up and I got everything just right now I just need a lewd picture of rosalina when it boots how do I do that?

They've probably given up, it'd be pretty disheartening having your security broken again and again and again. Even the Wii isn't nearly as broken, the later ones are about on par with MSET.

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes

It's up to you to choose a suitable picture, try *booru sites.

For themes.
3dsthem.es/

Not actually sure how you make your own there's probably some tool for it.

If you mean the new Mario princess, Rozetta, and a theme, one of the themes in the lewd pack of the pastebin features her.

If you mean a screen to replace the 3DS logo when you start up a game, no clue.

gbatemp.net/threads/magikarp-custom-splash-screens-thread.410948/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootanim9-custom-boot-animations-for-arm9loaderhax.420202/

One of those has to have what you need.

By me owning one. Box serial is YW701492258 just in case.

Gotta search through 30+ pages and I'm pretty sure GBAtemp has a no nudity rule.

So wait, is it possible to just scan a QR code and get any CIA now?
Removing the sd card is so fucking annoying becauuse I only have a reader on my laptop

NICE
I'll look out for one tomorrow, it's walmart exclusive right?

I meant to make your own. What kind of elite hacker would you be without a custom splash screen?

Yeah you can scan qr for cias or you can use a key file with freeShop to get an interface on your 3ds with a ton of cias.

The real vc of that was on wiiu, someone pulled the changes out of it and made an ips patch for everyone else using gba emulators.

You just have to get a png that's 400x240 then plug it in here: xem.github.io/3DShomebrew/tools/image-to-bin.html rename it splash.bin and put it in your Luma folder.

Walmart and Target and you better look quick, most stores only got 2 or 3 of them because

I made these a while ago, if you're interested. Editing "Nintendo 3DS" and putting something according to the theme of your 3DS is nice.

Any of you have found a hidden gem in Freeshop? I'm currently playing Bloody Vampire and is a pretty enjoyable platformer.

Now that the Cripple is not here, can I blame Kim? I think he is a faggot.

Pocket Card Jockey is fun, surprisingly.

How does Nintendo not know that someone is using eshop? It seems like they should be able to figure that out.

So I got a couple of games I forgot I even ordered, went ahead and ripped them. Already threw Shin Sekaiju no MeiQ 1 on the Volafile, and Armed Blue Gunvolt Striker Pack is going up now.

volafile.io/r/acH6c7

If there's anything else I've got ripped that other people want, here's a pastebin with what I've got ripped so far. All JP region.

pastebin.com/awgZEjku

When you buy a title, it adds a small file called a ticket to yiur system, which pretty much says your system can download that from their servers.
The trick is Nintendo uses the same ticket for all systems, so if one person buys a game, they can dump the ticket to the collective 3dstitlekeys.com, then using freeshop to install said ticket to a console that didnt pay for the game, then connect to Nintendo's servers and say look, I've got this ticket.

They fucked up so hard they cant tell if youre downloading something you bought or whether youre even using the eshop to download.

bootscreen3ds.herokuapp.com/
Seems fun.

It's fun. Shame I already made one myself.

E-shop doesn't check to see if downloads being made on it are from legitimate sources or not. It's been possible to generate CIAs on a computer for a long time.

Nintendo is retarded and decided to make game downloads tied to the hardware and not the account. Now it's biting them in the ass. Easy for pirates to download. Just install the ticket and pirate away.

I'm retarded, how do I install retroarch/dosbox?

Retroarch folder in root of SD, put cias somewhere and install them.

It's either root or 3ds folder, one or the other.

Just had a stupid idea that I cant find an answer for.

Would it be possible to dump a .cia file to a cartridge? I thought about it as a way to give one of my mates a copy of a game. Would be pretty neat for things like Pokemon hacks and that one team making a Kanto remake in the ORAS engine that will never eventuate.

I assume if I were to ask on gbatemp or reddit I'd be abused into oblivion.

I'm not well versed in this shit, but from my understanding, .cia is an installer file, what you propose would need a .3ds file since it's the format used for flashcarts.

Kanto remake? First I've heard of it.

.cia to .3dsx and .3ds is ezpz.

Some guy on /r/3dshacks wanted help to port some models over. There's an empty twitter and blog, but he assures everyone they've finished Pallet and will release some trailers and screenshots once they finish Viridian.
It's called GammaRed and BetaBlue or something like that.
NEVER EVER

Dumping to a cart is retarded and won't work because they use burned roms. Dumping from a cart is an actual thing. You could dump a .3ds and use that on a sky3ds but otherwise no.

Sad times, I was going to buy heals of shjtty beain training games.

I look forward to the C&D

To Ninteno's dis-credit, they only c&d after it's released.

You're fucking retarded
DMCA =/= C&D

Eh, teach me to listen to autists on Holla Forums who say the metroid remake was c&d'd.

Do I use sysupdater to downgrade to 2.1.0 so I can get the OTP file for a9lh? Not sure if I need to do anything else first with my EmuNAND or sysNAND.

Read the updated Paliect guide, you dont need to manually downgrade and dump the OTP anymore.

If you wish to keep going, yes, you downgrade your emuNAND to 2.1 after making a .bin backup to dump your OTP for A9LH.

So anything new come from DS loading?

Any fun new homebrews to play about with?

Anyone want to play Quake together?

right now we just have nitrohax but I'm sure stuff is being worked on with the SD access. The cool homebrew stuff right now is stuff like PHBank, but there's cool utilities like GYTB and JK's Save manager.

Any good websites for N3DS faceplates? Anybody know which faceplates are matte?

Thanks a ton, just got it all working.

Nevermind that. After the installation I just boot straight to sysNAND.

Oh, and I can't access Luma3DS.

Does anyone have a chart or something that translates the skills for EOV? Trying out the demo.

Is there an easy way to get DLC for games?

You can find DLC in the form of .cia files but FBI has trouble installing a lot of DLCs so you might need BigBlueMenu

Freeshop will do DLC now if someone has uploaded the title key for it
If not, you can look for a .cia on 3dsiso or 3dschaos

Luma doesn't work in 2.1, you have to put your emuNAND in your SysNAND with a more recent version in order for it to work. I'm pretty sure those are the steps, but if not, check the damn guide for more details.

that's not how that works

Is there any conceivable way Nintendo can block piracy on existing systems, either by game or by update, now?

not really, no.

It was DMCA'd you tard

I'm trying to launch federation force on my japanese 3DS and I just get an error every time. Same one works fine on my US one. I'm running latest version of Luma so region free should be enabled right? Just in case I tried using NTR as well but still no dice. Anyone else run into this.

FedForce needs language emulation.

Enable region/language emulation: Enables the region/language emulation feature. This allows some games which need a specific language to be set to work, and DLCs for foreign games to load.
To use it:
Create a folder named locales inside luma/
Create a .txt file with game's title id as the name (look them up on www.3dsdb.com).
Inside the file,
Put 3 characters for the region ("JPN", "USA", "EUR", "AUS", "CHN", "KOR", "TWN")
Put an empty space
Put 2 characters for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO", "NL", "PT", "RU", "TW").
For example, to play Pokémon™ Y in Japanese language and region:
Create 0004000000055E00.txt
Put in JPN JP
Save

So since I want to play it on a japanese 3DS and it's an english game I'd put JPN EN?

Region of the game, not of your 3ds.

So USA EN?

Yup.

hm still not working

Should I format the n3DS I just got?

*or can I just tinyformat?

Do you have any shit installed on it? Any shit on your SD card?

If you answered "yes" to either of the above, I'd go ahead. If it's still clean not really needed, but it's not like it can hurt. I'd format the SD if it's been decently used (either by the system or something else.)

It's the new Super Mario 3D Land bundle so it has marios installed on the default it comes with. I formatted the new SD with guiformat just now.

guys, I've had emunand for months, i just pulled the sd out to pass a game and now I can't boot luma. I have the homebrew piece that let's you choose between what to boot from, I can reach that, but after it tries to load luma it just stays in a black screen. Any thoughts? I can still launch homebrew launcher

SO, I'll answer myself, I booted luma once with hombrew launcher and now it is booting normally through normal booting. what gives

FUCK ME

Ok, where's the 3dsx to find out if I have an incomplete downgrade

we're living

Should be smooth sailing from there. I've downgraded 4 of these and the 9.2 downgrade is the only thing that makes my ass clench

and I made a patched .gba into a .cia
it's all this thread has of it

upgrade to a9lh, nigger

Upgrade to a9lh, the new guide is like 99.9% safe, just use a emunand backup at the end to keep your games and saves.

You're pretty much golden then.

emunand / cfw relies on arm9 exploits to run, and the exploits are sketchy and don't always work unless you use AL9H.

I rarely had boot problems with rxtools but they were quite frequent on emunand with luma. I switched to AL9H not long afterword.

How easy is it to change sd cards on an al9h ds? Is there anything special or do you just switch?

Make sure it's Fat32, then just copy and paste all your files from the old to new. No format bullshittery like with emunand.

Back to shimmering on Picodrive.
It only happens with Sonic 3 Complete. Spinball runs mostly okay.
What the fuck.

finally fucking done
my sister better appreciate this

She better give you some pussy or some head, at least.

Knuckles is my husbando, he's tough and don't chuckle too much

You're seriously dedicated and I appreciate that but I don't think there's much that can be done about it. I told you in a previous thread, shimmering when scrolling is a sign of a non-integer scale, if you can get it to scale 1 or 2x instead of 1.5 or whatever garbage it does.

Me too. I've had about 2 of 5 go perfectly. 2 were partial downgrades, one was a brick, admittedly that was on a system I'd downgraded before but had to start over on because of mess-ups.

Tell that fucker to CFW his 3DS so he can install the CIA.

Dunno about new ones, but of you have a DS flash card, absolutely install NDS_TGM on it, it's basically a port of Tetris TGM3, not completed but very good nonetheless. Also a Portal homebrew for DS and 3DS that's technically cool.

Can you use the action replay system to modify the .save file with a separate program and put it back in? I know this isn't homebrew related I just need info, Pokémon thread is dead

I don't know what action replay is, exactly, but if you just want to modify your game you can just use PCHex++.
Dunno if you can use the PCHex++ PC version to modify the 3DS save file, but you might as well give it a try.

I will look into this thanks

you can use pkhex to dump your save and modify it, but you have to using a save dumping homebrew like JK's save manager.

Action replay powersaves can't do pokemon savegames if I recall, I think it has something to do with the securevalue on the game or whatever.

I don't even play video games.

After I've completely finished the process of putting CFW on my O3DS, is it safe to remove the ~12 GB folder under the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on the SD card? It's been a while since I CFW'd my 3DS and I can't remember what the folder is for.

Is this game worth it I hooked up to the cartoon and the game looks promising with cryptograms to autistically solve

Probably not, that folder contains all your installed games and saves if you care at all about them.

Those are your installed games, dude.

Thanks, like I said I couldn't remember what it was for.

worth what? what could trying it out possible cost you?

It's not a shimmer (or shit). I noticed actual shimmering in basic games like Spinball (also set auto to PAL for some fucking reason, oh well).

It's like the left of the screen just shits itself and delays behind. I don't know how to explain it.

No one that pirates games does. Not to anyone that counts, anyway.

So, I got the Mario N3DS, and the instructions are somehow making pretzels out of my brain. Not to mention, the Target I went to was out of chargers and it's almost dead. Fuck. I feel like a fool.

user, if it helps, make a folder called HACKING IN PROGRESS and download all the shit you will need ahead of time. Give Part 3 its own folder inside that.

What point are you on right now? Try to bookmark or make a note at what step you're on and shut the 3ds off until you can get a hold of a charger. You'll also probably want a much larger sd card, it was a pain in the ass going back and forth with it.

Lack of space in my SD.

Does the new sysdowngrader work? It won't work for me. It just says it's finished the downgrade straight away and reboots

mega.nz/#!mRojwQRI!onw5Z9YcEJ5K2xgUW7xLTogeMDjvOgF3Yfa-FSXrIp4

Ace Attorney 6 demo cia. US version.

How does downloading DLC work with freeshop? I didn't have all the DLC for Smash, and freeshop wouldn't let me update it, but if I let it delete whatever I already had as DLC and then download everything from scratch it gave me everything. Do you need to delete everything and re-download the DLC any time something new comes out?

If it's a cart, freeshop doesn't have cart support yet. I use this DLC check the date, dunno if there's more recent stuff, this one is until bayonetta. With the update, try 3DSiso.
volafile.io/get/EkSlPiMVw65eI/Smash Bros 3DS DLC Content 12-14-2015.cia

What's the base firmware for the MonHun Generations New XL? I'd imagine getting one of the limited editions would be a safer bet in terms of getting the right firmware.

I just got one of those mario new 3DSes in the mail can I hack it then just system transfer from my old EmuNAND on my old 3DS to this one and everything will be all okie dokie?

If it was straight up hacked and not just running on emunand I would say yes you could, however I'm not too sure how emunand hacking works with system transfers.

I hacked it when the downgrade was first released never bothered to switch over. That's why I'm asking can I system transfer from my emuNAND to arm9 hacked 3DS running Luma? I'll just have to re-install any installed homebrew or pirated stuff right?

Anyway to answer the question, if you get the new 3ds set up, a system transfer will do that, but all tickets that aren't actually real and pirated games won't transfer, so back up your saves at the very least. I don't know how using another nand backup will play with that.

You can, but it's more complicated. With A9 you can just system transfer.

You know in Part 5 of the old guide where you restore your EmuNAND backup into your sysnand after installing AL9H?

That sounds like the easiest method to me. Not sure how NNID related shit will work out. If you copy the Nintendo 3DS folder over you'll be able to keep your games and saves from emunand. Obviously use the new guide to get arm9 on the N3DS instead of the old one.

As the others mentioned, doing system transfer will let you link your NNID + legit games to the new console, but not your pirated ones. If you want to backup saves use JKSM.

easily recoverable
if not, upgrade your sd faggot

Smash only has a single ticket that gives you all of the dlc, if you own any and open the eshop it'll block off all the stuff you don't own for some reason.

Well, it's just a question to reinstall it, that's what I do, that's why I have the .cia on the SD all the time.

It's not that easy, I'm poor.

Hmm maybe I'll just convert the old one to AL9 then system transfer over.

I'm in sysUpdater and I press Y to downgrade but it doesnt do anything? I've created the updates folder and it has all the files

Does it do the checks for those 8 steps up the top? Are you pressing Y at a prompt or just pressing it wildly?

Would also like to know, but I'd assume

I just access sysupdate via homebrew, and then I've got A for update, Y for downgrade and B for exit.

Nothing I press gives any prompt or action. I have to turn off the 3DS to get out of it.

Change over to PlaiSysUpdater or SafeSysUpdater, they're newer and better regardless of this error.

If you want to update your cart you either look for the .cia or update directly. Looking for an update .cia is a pain, so it's better to just use eshop until freeshop have cart support.

Well, if you want to save the hassle of reinstalling DLC, and want free DLC/updates for carts, use CIAngel. Sure it's shit and has a chance of corrupting the .cia it's installing, but you're only going to be installing updates/DLC .cias that are fractions of the real game, and it's impossible to install a shit .cia (unless you fucking try to)

Well, not all the DLC gets wiped by entering the eshop, only Smash DLC do that. Although I forgot about ciangel, so you're right,I should probably do that.

Doesn't matter for much longer, Cruel only didn't add it because he didn't know how to fetch the cart in the slot to find out if there was updates/DLC for it. He has since figured it out, though I haven't checked his commits to know if it's added in yet.

I check daily for updates, still don't have support.

He makes commits reguarly to the master branch, but doesn't update officially. If you're bored enough and there's a feature he has committed in, you can download the source, compile it to an .elf then to a .cia.

Press A checked files and it said they were ok, but when I press Y to downgrade it gets stuck on this screen

Yeah, there's 8 steps it need to tick off before it will let you downgrade.

You just have to keep opening it up until it gets ALL 8 steps complete AND the text that comes up after that check might be jumbled. If it's jumbled AT ALL you will get a partial downgrade, or a straight brick.

Some say opening FTBrony before trying gives them better luck, though I've not seen any reason as to why it would but it worked for me once.

I didnt think you could really brick anymore? or at least it was rare now.

Cant get it to work, I'm on 10.1 and accessing homebrew through oot3d if that makes any difference?

Nature builds a better idiot, I suppose.

Boot through Menuhax. Faster and easiesr, plus saves you the cart slot in case you want something like an R4.

Can I install menuhax from the homebrew menu?

I used oot3d exploit because I had the browser nag and couldnt install homebrew the normal way.

I assume you used the starter kit from Smea's website? If you have a bunch of other hax like Ironfall, old Shop and HANS, you have. There's one preinstalled called menuhax manager, just open it and press install. You have to of changed the theme on SysNAND to a default colour first. If you want, you can go to the Menuhax github and get the newest version, but there's not much reason to do so from what I know.

Menuhax is another way to open HBL, defaultly done by holding L on boot, but can be changed to another button or by not holding a button at all.

when I click on menuhax manager I get this error

alright I'm an idiot, I forgot to create theme data so it wasn't working.

Should I press A on this? I'm being extra careful I dont want to fuck anything up.

Press A to all prompts, there's not a lot Menuhax can fuck up, if at all. If it ever fails, you've got OoTHax to fall back on to. I think ver2.2 makes it get rid of these messages and whatnot.

Once its installed, be sure to double check the sertings menu to find out which button triggers it, or change it if you wish..

ok I downgraded and now I'm on 9.2. Using sysdowngrader seemed to work.

I guess I move onto Decrypt9

Enjoy the vidya, user.

one day ill be motivated enough to swap emu to a9lh

I originally had a gateway, got it before homebrew was good enough to run games. I then somehow updated sysnand with a rom which made my gateway useless.

I could go back but I read that if you go to gateway now you'll be stuck forever

Gateway is shit. In every possible way.

If your sysNAND is not at 11.0 then you might consider switching to A9LH (Plailect guide), although supposedly 3DSes that have run Gateway are a higher risk for bricking. If you want to do it I recommend purging your SD card and factory resetting the 3DS first. Also once you've downgraded to 9.2 you may want to look into extracting your Gateway save files before continuing, there's apparently a way to do it.

I agree, although it was ok at the time as there wasnt really anything else to play roms with.

Someone has to buy the game off there in the first place which sucks because physical is so much fucking cheaper

So I'm up to Section IV - Restoring the System part 10. Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings.

I'm a bit afraid to do this part, is there anyway to tell you wont update the regular sysnand?

You already downgraded to 2.1, grabbed your OTP, installed a9lh, and restored to whatever nand backup you had that was 9.2-11.0? You have luma? It's safe. You don't have a regular sysnand, and you can't go back to it unless you use emunand9 to remove a9lh.

oh ok, so my sysnand says 9.2.0, so I can just update it to 11 or whatever the latest is?

Yeah. Just make sure a9lh and luma is installed. An easy way to tell is hold select or start while booting the console so it takes you to either hourglass9 or luma settings.

just tried from system settings and it tells me an error happened and it reboots. Is there any other way to update?

its working now, I had some old internet settings set up that prevented it from accessing the update server

Im trying to extract my MH Generations Save to do a bit of editing, but im on a N3DS without mods and also updated to 11.0.
Is it possible to extract the system file from saves?
What is confusing me is this line on the gbatemp topic of said save editor.

CFW isn't required, but the Homebrew Launcher is, and if you're on 11.0 at the moment you're SOL

oh well, thanks for clarifing

Use SysUpdater with a copy of 11.0 for your region.

FBI isn't in health and safety anymore? is it supposed to disappear once luma and homebrew is installed?

Well, that's because you're using yourSysNand which didnt have fbi unstalled, I assume.

You'll have to use decrypt9 to dump h&s, inject fbi on your computer then install fbi onto your nand. That should be in paliects guide somewhere, though I forgot the section, and it might be in the old 5 part guide.

So I noticed there's an update for luma a couple days ago and tried to update to it, but when I did it just booted to a blackscreen. I restored it (losing my save data in the process but whatever) but now I'm wondering if I need to update it to mod other 3dses that are on 11.0 and what I need to do to actually update it correctly or if this older firmware is fine. I modded this 3ds a few months before the guide changed to 3 sections from 5, if that's any help.

homebrew launcher is easily accessible on 11.0, browserhax has been updated for it.

the newer nightlies don't work, if you got 6.1.1 stable just remember to open your settings first and double-check though.

I assume you used starupdater or lumaupdater?

Both have been known to cause errors updating to the latest version. Use KumaUodater as its the official one and more active, bt update it from the github, as a fix was rolled out to improve compatability,

Excuse my spelling, use lumaupdater, not kuma.

Ok, so don't bother with the hourlies anymore then, got it.

just for the save editor he's talking about? Or did another update happen so we don't need hardmod or a second ds to downgrade anymore while this thread has been up?

Can I use old save files? If I have them backed up from my SD card can you transfer them and will they work on the CFW?

JK's has a homebrew version you can load through the homebrew launcher, you don't have to downgrade for it.

yes, you can use your old save files. If you follow the setup correctly they should all carry over anyways, but you can back them up then restore them if you're concerned.

I did do the instructions, and it works now, I think. It boots straight into emunand.

Shit, really? First I'd heard. Does that mean we can now CFW 11.0 machines without another machine?

Homebrew launcher is avaliable but sysupdater has been completely patched out. So you can get homebrew, but no regular downgrades.

Fair enough. Still, progress.

So I'm trying to get retroarch's psx emulator working, but I can only get 12ish fps. Forums say others can squeeze out 40ish, the hell am I doing wrong? I've already got my n3ds cpus overclocked thanks to luma.

3dsthem.es is no longer hosting porno themes. Is there an alternative to this site?

why on earth not?

The guy who does 3dsthem.es is apparently fifteen fucking years old.

That sounds like a reason why they would be hosting pornographic themes.

trips confirm

it's easy user
just do it

on the bright side it's a got a section for splashcreens. looks like the lewds in the pastebin are all we have.

make your own themes. It's not too hard and there's a guide that'll give you templates to go off of for picture scaling.

Sucks that 3dsthem.es did that though.

I'm using the Rootytops official theme. I've been wanting to make my own but I have 2 concerns

So when you have a custom theme, can you just switch the .ogg file and nothing bad happens, or do you have to mess around with configurations and shit?

Yeah. It takes some work in audacity or any sort of DAW, but it can be done.

I think so. Not entirely sure. Haven't really tried.

The file itself has to be created a specific way, but it can be replaced if you don't want it. Honestly, the audio is the most annoying part of the process lol.
Just google search a guide and run through the steps to create the bgm.

please help

They can probably do that with certain games and a looot of tweaking. I've had no luck and I consider it a lost cause. 3ds isn't made for anything other than 3ds/gba/snes games anyway

I deleted arm9loaderhax.bin on accident.
Is there anyway to recover it?
…….or am I effed

Nevermind, I deleted files9.
Kill me

I've got a bunch of .sav files, do they need to be converted or can I just drag them to a place on the SD card?

BACKUP EVERYTHING

Too late.
I went "I should back this up"
So, the question is now.
is there anything more to do or am I done.

You have to inject saves on VC and use a save manager for 3DS games.

You should have a backup of your files in your PC, even if old.
Try using a recovery program. I doubt it will help, but it worth a try.

Tried a recovery program, no luck with that.
I have an old backup, but it doesn't load :/

Would getting someones files9 folder work
(I just finished the homebrew guide)
Sad thing is, this isnt my first time softmodding.

I installed savedatafiler but it says all my saves are broken

What are you trying to do? Inject VC saves or 3DS? Use JKSM.

Well, shit, dude. I'm not really an expert. Try reinstalling most files to your SD, like Luma and the starter pack, and see if that works. Can you access to decrypt9?

Cant access anything, screen doesnt turn on.
Its not bricked though because I can use the test-playload to turn it off with the a button.

I think im just gonna have to wait for somebody to homebrew their 3DS and ask if they can send me their files9 folder and see if that works.

3DS, I originally had a gateway.

(checked(
Try to look here for a solution
gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-emunand-save-data-mega-guide-gbatemp-doesnt-deserve.378491/

There are some anons that know how the arm0 work better than me. They can probably help you.They're not here right now, tho.

Oh, and here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-export-import-gateway-card1-sav-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

So, I'm getting an error, "failed to add seed" with the Freeshop. Can anyone help me with this?

Good, most of them were fucking garbage. Go be underaged somewhere else, faggot.

Shame I don't have that theme with a lot of ahegao faces.

I cant access gateway anyone since I've gone to CFW.

Is there any other way to decrypt the save files?

Can you still play online?

yes

Probably not. Not that I'm aware, at least, even after reading the guide. Looks like Gateway fuckers did it again.

you can if you have luma and a9lh. Just use lumas chainloader, and you can boot into gateway mode. theres a guide for it somewhere on gbatemp

Nintendo is abandoning the Wii U so hard. You can't excuse the 3ds getting a straight upgrade of Yoshi's Wolly World, they wouldn't do that unless they're considering the Wii U dead and buried. What a time to be alive!

Hopefully this means they'll stop caring about the piracy and we'll be able to crack it.

I don't wanna pay $60 for a game I'm only gonna play once and drop.

You can already pirate game on Wii U

New games soon for 3ds
techraptor.net/content/nintendo-direct-sep-2016-recap

Not really, Puyo Puyo we already knew about, only big ones were Mario Maker and Yoshi ports

Fixed my problem, thank god.

What games should I get?

so can we create custom faceplates yet or am I stuck with Nintendo's awful/retardedly expensive shit

if you have a regular New 3DS I don't see why you couldn't, there's custom ones on ebay and other sites but they're probably more expensive than just buying normal ones anyways because they're a little funkier.

Apparently IOSU is underway.
Then again you never know, Wii U's scene is a fucking mess.

What did you do? And also, just browse freeshop. If you like rhythm star with Hatsune Miku or Theatrhythm Final Fantasy CC. Animal Crossing or Fantasy Life. Or fucking Monster Hunter.

You're in for a surprise with that moral faggot.

What a faggot.

Is there any proof of this shit being safe? The description sounds like a very unsubtle way to pirate shit from under their nose. Why wouldn't they be able to catch onto this and stop it?

I remember reading somewhere that if you install the new version of gateway you're stuck with it on your 3ds. If I reinstall gateway it wont override anything?

user, we've been doing this for months and a lot of people have asked this very same thing, and I think even ITT.
There's absolutely no Risk. Short answer is Nintendo can't tell how you're downloading the game.

Turns out, it didnt matter that I deleted my files9 folder.
I was using the wrong arm9loaderhax.bin somehow, I used the one that came in the luma3ds zip and it worked.

Your files9 folder just contains some incredibly important files like your OTP that could save you from a brick, or if you lost your a9lh. But oh well, ya blew it.

Nah I got my OTP backed up, just not the whole folder

Is there anyway to make it so I can buy something off the eshop after I've pirated it?

Do i really need to do all the shit listed in github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki just to get a fucking emunand going? I've done this before with rxtools but obviously i shouldnt go back to it. All i wanna do is have that so i can start playing animal crossing online and dump my pokemon ds game saves I don't care about piracy or anything else. I have wii u for that now anyway.

Does anyone know how to fucking update Japanese game carts from within Luma3DS? Been trying to update a game, but everytime I update it, it says "update complete" but doesn't reflect it.

You can still access the eshop even in a CFW. Only problem is that it will uninstall some DLC and official themes you have installed. You can just reinstall them.

No, you can have emuNAND as long as you're on ver9.2, if you're past that you can downgrade unless you're in 11.0.
HOWEVER The downgrade process to 9.2 is the riskiest part of the whole process, so you're better off doing it all, if not follow the old guide Step 1 and 2.Although no idea about a link to the old guide.

You should be able to do the update as normal IF you're using a Japanese 3DS. Dunno about cross region updates,

I'm already downgraded to 9.2 i'm ready to do the emunand process.

Mo extra shit needed after that, then. Although, I seriously recommend you to use anything other than RxTools. Rx is outdated and discontinued, Use Luma3DS, that do exactly the same as RxTools and more. You only need to replace some files in the SD and you're set.

You can't download updates for games from another region through the regular update method. If you want to update a game from a different region than you're 3DS you will have to find the update CIA and install it with FBI.

No I know you can use the eshop but say I pirate MHG I deleted it from my 3DS then went into the eshop to buy it and it says I already own it and just takes me to the redownload page.

i got menuhax set up and im able to access homebrew launcher fine. can you point me in the direction for the tutorial i need? its not linked in the OP and nowhere on those websites.

Any reason why you want to use emuNAND rather than arm9loaderhax?

as i said before, i dont care to do all this extra complciated shit if all im gonna do is play games normally and dump my pokemon saves once.

and maybe cheat in animal crossing if its possible

Do you already have your emuNAND setup?

That's for how freeshop and the titlekeys work. Nintendo now permanently think you own the game. you can't buy it digitally anymore. Give us all a favor and buy a game that isn't on Titlekeys, so we can all have it.

The old plaitec guide had the solution. Here'san archive, just consider that it might be outdated with some links down archive.is/2UYw1
As the another user said, you're better off with the a9lh.

well if im better off, is it any easier to set up? Literally only reason i dont go for it is because it requires a ton of shit. I just wanna jump in fast and get started. considering what i wanna actually do takes less time to finish than to actually install all that

Although I think you can buy the game if you delete your title key before entering the eshop.

Pretty easy, in fact, if you're on 9.2 with hbl, that was the hardest part. Setting the emuNAND is as complicated, if not more.

Well you said you had rxTools running before so I thought maybe your shit was just out of date and you wanted to update it. If you don't even have emuNAND setup it's faster now to just follow the guide in the OP. It's also a lot easier to maintain and update afterwards since you don't have to deal with 2 different NANDs in case you ever want to use a DS flashcart or play GBA VC games.

alright then fuccboi, i'll look into it right now.

though my patience is thin already, so it probably wont last long

right right aplogies.
well all that's been completely dumped and my SD is clean. as far as i can tell. mysteriously there's 2 gigs missing of the 4. i forgot what program it was that lets you check that

Yeah you're emuNAND is probably still on there then. The program you're thinking of is emuNAND9.

nah i mean the PC program that lets you actually create that space for the emunand.

All the process are pretty short. The only thing you'd need patience for is to read and gather the stuff you need before hand.

If you've downgraded just follow the new guide. it's easier and safer now.

Hm you must have done this before I did because I never remember using software on the PC to make space for the emuNAND. Unless you mean this? gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/

i remembe you had to go into a program, allocate space on the SD for your emunand, and the rest i completely forgot. its been a while since i was last on the 3ds hacking shit.

Yeah you don't have to do that anymore you just run emuNAND9 on your 3DS and it reformatted the SD card properly then injected your sysNAND into it automatically.

huh thats pretty great then

I can agree with this. I'm a lazy faggot :

yo hol up what

It's not bad, what you do is you flash a premade backup of 2.1.0 using decrypt9. It's very safe compared to the 9.2 downgrade, and allows you to get a9lh for 100% bootrate, firmware protection, and brick protection.

gibe theme plz

alright well at this point i dont think i have much to lose, how do i go about restoring my SD back to the 4 gigs/deleting the existing emunand?

You'd have to run emuNAND9 and use it reformat your SD without the emuNAND.

If you want to keep your games/saves then make a backup of your emunand to flash onto your 3ds when you finish setting up a9lh, and when you are all done with the setup, just run emunand9 and format the sd card to get rid of the emunand partition.

alright then, takin the dive.

Yeah if your saves and stuff are still on your emuNAND you would have to restore it to your sysNAND there is an alternate step on how to do this in the guide. In Part 3- Section IV

since its just reformatting my whole sd, cant i just take whatever i've installed already (menuhax ect) back it up, then put it back afterwards?

If you don't have anything actually on the emuNAND. However if your NNID or games you bought or any saves are on the emuNAND and only on the emuNAND you'll lose all that stuff.

yeah naw i made sure my sysnand was still fine if i were to remove emunand even then i didnt have much in the first place so no loss

It was hosted on them.es lol.
It even wiggled a little on scroll.

Yeah then just copy everything onto your PC format then put everything back on.

Everything's back on and menuhax is installed.

yes.

Once you're done setting everything up you won't need menuhax anymore now you just install a program that can boot the HBL from the homemenu.

which would be?

That probably means their A9LH equivalent, which sucks ass by the way as it doesn't let you launch anything but Gateway, and they probably haven't even put FIRM protection in. If you just stick to homebrew loader -> gateway loader on emuNAND you should be fine.

If you have working A9LH then make a new sysNAND backup! That's what the hourglass9 tool is for, the one you can execute at boot. If you don't have a sysNAND backup then that recovery option is effectively worthless.

The new guide doesn't do emuNAND anything because you don't need it for the new A9LH setup method. If your sysNAND is at 9.2 then you're in a good spot, just start from part 2.

Don't worry it's covered in the guide, I don't know why I said anything.

Re reading it over it looks kinda simple. Going for it. Though i still dont get why i dont need an emunand or anything, arent we not supposed to be fucking with sysnand?

What we are doing is making it so we have access to the system before it boots, so if something happens to sysnand we can flash a backup and repair it. CFWsysnand is magical!

thats fucking lovely man

That and CFWs like Luma3DS write-protect the A9LH region so Nintendo can't muck with it, so it's quite safe to use. You CAN use emuNAND with A9LH but there's no reason to.

oh these sneaky fucking cunts at nintendo. they just planted software onto my home menu. will that fuck with this 2nd step?

Is it the Kirby and Art Academy shit that shouldn't effect anything just open it and hit the prompt to delete it.

alright just wanted to make sure. ive been playing animal crossing with the wifi turned off in case of shit like this.

3dschaos.com/threads/pokémon-gold-silver-crystal-rom-hacks-including-wireless-communication-patch.5666/
Fucking wireless patches for pokemon crystal. This has to be the best console hacking scene out there

Does anyone know what the best FTP client for the 3DS is nowadays I'm still using FTBrony I'm sure something more stable is around since then.

What a magical world we live in. TIME TO PLAY SOME MUTHA FUKKIN CRYSTAL

Oh brother, just wait until you discover the wonders of Freeshop

I'm in the part were im supposed to do Auto CTRNAND Transfer, it says A9LH not detected, and lets me choose one of the bins, is that error okay or did i do something wrong? I dont see any info in the tutorial and never said anything about A9LH.

oh i already heard about that. still seems a tiny bit sketchy, stealing directly from nintendo like that.

If you followed instructions then you are golden, and just pick the 2.1.0 bin if you are on the step part 2: step 5 like I think you are.

alright then. im always sketch over instructions that dont clarify everything. its backing up my nand atm

A GOOD 3DSMETROIDVANIA WHEN?
O already played the good ones, like Shantae.

I look for most of the hombrew apps from here: wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_3DS_homebrew
Look for any FTP application there.

Not a worry in the world about it. Everyone do it, so why it should bite YOU in the ass? Just give a few games a try from there, although with only 4gb of space I doubt you'll download a lot of games.

dunno how many times i gotta repeat it, but i literally just wanna dump some pokemon saves and maybe cheat in animal crossing. i dont care about 3ds piracy or anything because both of my high capacity sd's are going towards wii u piracy.

I know, user. But well, you already got the thing working and ready for piracy, so giving it a try shouldn't hurt. If you don't it doesn't really matter.

Got a question though fuckboy, can i install dsiware games to this shit?

Yeah. Freeshop have a lot of DSiware stuff, or you can get the .cia somewhere else.

** im on Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings (if it is not already)

Yes this is safe, stop opening Github issues about it.**

do they mean i have to boot into something? what did he mean by this? i hate reading instructions like this at 2 am

You don't have to boot anything, once you're in your sysNAND cfw just open the settings and hit update like you'd normally do in a 3DS.
It will update your console to 11.0 but there's no risk about it. With a9lh you can downgrade to whatever version you want.

I see.
that should really be clarified before they just type "stop asking us why".

Actually, the guide was written for that same purpose, for you to stop asking question. It was written so the stupidest of stupids can do it. If you have technical questions, the guide probably doesn't have an answer.

Next you'll say the violated the rights of women.

I raise your theme with Zelda

So I followed the Plailect guide, and am happy with what I have now, but I'm trying to switch to my legit NNID without having to format again. I'm following a guide that says I have to use Decrypt9WIP, and I'm pretty sure I have it, it's just that I can't remember which button to press on boot, or that it won't boot from the Homebrew Channel. What do?

If you have A9LH then you need to add the .bin to the payloads folder the same way you added hourglass9
So for example, if you wanted it to boot with start then you'd write it as start_decrypt9.bin

Well fuck, figured this was the case. Trying to update the Japanese Shovel Knight cart to 2.3.1, and I'm willing to bet no one's going to have an Update CIA out there.

Fair enough
well everything's ready and all the shit i need installed. Is region free enabled by default? I'm seeing umiharakawase on freeshop, but its EU.

theres a bizarre US translation im not gonna bother with

new thread

Yeah, with Luma, the one you are supposed to be with, it should be enable by default.