Falcom thread

FALCOM (Ys, Trails, Gurumin, Brandish, etc) thread

- Trails of Cold Steel II confirmed for a September 6 release (NA), November 11 (Europe)
- TitS the 3rd for Spring 2017 (PC only)
- Akatsuki no Kiseki (F2P browser game) will being its service soon, happens around the first half of Trails to Azure
- Akatsuki just started its open beta, you can register and play at akatuki.ujj.co.jp/ (instructions: esterior.net/2016/08/akatsuki-no-kisekis-closed-beta-opens-on-825-and-how-to-sign-up/ )
- Rean's new design for Cold Steel III revealed on Tokyo Xanadu Ex+: i.imgur.com/IjrV9kk.jpg
- Trails of Cold Steel III release date for Japan should be Septermber 2017, PS4 version confirmed, Vita port may or may not happen

- Xanadu Next Western PC release… soon?
- Tokyo Xanadu confirmed for a 2017 Western release along a PC port
- Improved PS4 version with new content (Tokyo Xanadu Ex+) to be released soon for Japan
- Possible tease for a new Xanadu game on Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ (Xanadu Next OP appears on a screen): i.imgur.com/IjrV9kk.jpg (Tokyo Xanadu II?)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana just got released on Japan, extremely well received and selling at a higher rate than Seven and Celceta
- Ys VIII for PS4 to be released on Japan next year; this version was made for the West so maybe we'll start hearing about a Western release by then

- Tom talks about Trails to Zero and Azure release:

xseedgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/so-with-3rd-and-cs2-coming-out-soon.29093/

- We need a new guide for the Ys game, any volunteer?

Don't forget to support their games!

Other urls found in this thread:

steamdb.info/sub/13578/apps/
chara-ani.com/details.aspx?prdid=C16800157&rk=01001xqg00508t
falcom.co.jp/game/game_windownload.html
gamer.ne.jp/news/201609020091/
kamikouryaku.com/ys8/
pan.baidu.com/s/1pLyBF6b
playstationlifestyle.net/2016/09/05/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-2-interview-developing-on-ps4-combat-the-golden-age-of-jrpgs/
twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/773271104706125825
youtu.be/TaN2G-AEd9Q
nicoblog.org/psp/nayuta-no-kiseki/
nextgenupdate.com/forums/ps3-trophies-game-saves/718570-legend-heroes-sen-no-kiseki-trophy-saveset.html?highlight=Sen Kiseki
gbatemp.net/threads/just-managed-to-restore-my-corrupted-save-file.440689/
wololo.net/2016/08/20/release-vita-activator-activate-3-60-ps-vita-without-ps3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So if I just want to play the modern versions of the Ys games and play them in release order would I miss out by not seeing the story play in the proper (numbered) release order? I don't really want to skip back and forth between the evolution of gameplay mechanics.

I guess I somehow forgot about the part in the image where it tells you to skip those games.

I'm still curious as to how much story I'd miss out on or not get from playing the games this way.

The stories are self-contained, so don't worry about that. The only exception is that ys II is a direct sequel to I (and both games are sold as just one single game) and Origin makes reference to I & II.

The really interesting stuff is the lore, and the best order to enjoy it it's the release order.

It truly is the best order.

Also Akatsuki no Kiseki trailer is here

What are the chances Falcom will get around to putting the Japanese script back into the enhanced PC versions XSEED has released? Can't imagine it's high on their list of priorities but surely they've thought about it.

OH SHIT

I really need to learn japanese

wat

Whenever XSEED has brought over Ys and Trails on PC they've added in features from the PSP ports and some stuff to make them more modern like widescreen and such. The Japanese audience is stuck with the original PC releases by Falcom without all that stuff.

As in, the versions with enhancements (ex. true widescreen at 1080p for Oath in Felghana) prepared by XSEED. Falcom only updates compatibility when re-releasing their old PC games, not anything like Catastrophe Mode in Ys VI (or the digitized out-of-print artbook that comes with it on GOG/Steam).

Aw yeah, Cold Steel II soon.

Fuck I'm gonna be pissed when CSIII doesn't come out for PS3 so my saves don't carry over.

ah sorry, thought you were referring to the chinese port

i want to fuck adol

Thanks for the answer.

is there anyone who doesn't?

Dogi

:stopgay:

YsVIII might just be the best Ys game.

I forgot the last time a new installment in a long-running series actually made me think that.

Come on lad, even the poor girls he charms understand that he's adventuresexual.

I played the Ys VIII demo the other day and it was really good. VITAMIN WHEN?

Wasn't there an interview where the president of Falcom said Adol does eventually settle down with one of them, but they're not going say who it is because they're afraid of waifufags sperging about their waifu not winning?

It's all worldbuilding for the last Ys arc, the WWW (World War Waifu)

Ys grand strategy game when?

Yeah, but he's pretty old at that point(40+ for sure).
Young Adol, though, has no mind for romance.

Adol after getting a kiss on the cheek.

Just noticed.

Game manual says it's 21.

Who's going to win?

There's a reason I'm asking for people to work on a new guide

I'd do it but I have shit skills

No one because then Adol becomes Santa Claus

Laxia.

alas, it all makes sense now.

it's canon, user.

I'm new to the series

At least there'll be 40 more chapters and games in his life before that happens

I hope they have all the stories backed up in case god forbid one of the central team members die.

I never though that Falcom would resort to that kind of cliche.

They've been going kinda weeaboo for a while. I blame the console audience.

smdh

I beat Cold Steel this morning.

Hopefully one day Ao/Zero will get localized.

I can't like her because of her VA. She makes undub worth it on her own. :^)

The VA fits Millium's personality perfectly. She's supposed to be grating. That's why she's so awesome.

So any idea about what are the two unnanounced XSEED PC games?

steamdb.info/sub/13578/apps/

Zwei 1 and 2 :^)

Posting a sneak peek of a big Legend of Heroes III upload.

When Adol's done his first adventure in central Romun. There could be a big war between them, Altago, and Xandria at some point. And there's your premise.

He prefers Feena, which makes sense as she's the ultimate Eldeen waifu (seemingly unreachable). I can see him settling down for non-romantic reasons. Best case, we get a game like Drasle Family where old Adol, his partner, and their children go on an adventure.

Or Falcom will make the final Adol adventure earlier on while dropping hints to his middle-age and late youth stories.

Let's hope. I'd be just as fine with good PC ports of a couple other XSEED games.

That's not unique among Adol's heroines.

chara-ani.com/details.aspx?prdid=C16800157&rk=01001xqg00508t

Oh shit TitS the 3rd just got updated. The last time was 9 days ago, then 3 months. And Xanadu Next also got another update 3 days ago.

Does anyone care about this? Just asking, if no one cares I'll stop talking about them.

I'm just waiting for an update on why Xananext took longer than expected. Seems like, once again, we and XSEED underestimated how troublesome Falcom PC game engines can be. We know they're not using the Figli di Gaucci translation patch at all, so that means wholly new text insertion and troubleshooting. 3rd's release window is a lot more lenient.

it's Ys VIII and Fate/Exella with CCC packaged in.

You wish :^)

It might work with the Chinese guys method, if he actually decides to share.

Cold Steel is 50% off on PSN (20 dollars)

Not Xanadu Next for sure, xseed forgot that they were working on it.

XN is constantly getting new updates, it's just taking them longer than expected.

Hi, Xseed.

Oh boy, this is turning into SC all over again.

I want to play the PC version of Brandish IV, but the only download I found was a long-dead torrent. What do?

So you're not denying that you're xseed?

It's only 540 yen on DLsite and even less when a sale comes around. That's about $5.

I've never used dlsite, I only checked Falcom's ded buy page and gave up. Thanks, user.

You can also try buying second hand the game if you want the physical goodies.

falcom.co.jp/game/game_windownload.html

This page has all the places you can get their games on PC digitally. Not sure which ones you can currently still buy physically.

Also some DLC are free or discounted as well.

Looks like Xseed heard that getting to level 80 in Cold Steel is a pain in the ass and made all the Shining Pom DLC free.

How the hell are you supposed to dodge the fire breath of the first boss in Ys VI? I can beat him eventually with 3 nuts and some luck with what attacks he chooses but this is just dumb. I can avoid the first breath he does by moving in a really specific way but even then if I'm just off I get screwed and I'm never ready to do it in the middle of the fight. Playing on Nightmare, currently at level 6.

Alright, I didn't really expect to do practically three times as much damage with the aerial strike, let alone have it be fast enough to worth using since you only get one hit per jump but I guess it really does let you do way more damage. I still don't have much of a clue as to how you should avoid the sweeping fire breath but maybe you're just supposed to get lucky or tank it.

Right before he hits you with fire, stand all the way back in the middle of the field, and start running to the left/upper corner of the field while hugging the wall when he starts blowing fire at you..

I guess I'll try it if I ever decide to play in Catastrophe mode. When dodging the first fire breath it seemed like I had to move a little to left the first, then move to the right. But if I moved too far to right I would end up right on the fire breath and if I didn't move far enough he'd shoot the fire out too close to me. Plus he's way more likely to use fire breath if you back away, so you need to stay up on him and only back away when you know he's going to do it. Just seemed really finicky.

Also, I'm not really sure how you do the grounded dash attack. If I hit jump and attack at the same exact time I'll do a jumping dash attack, and it'll go further if I do it just after I stop moving, but I've done the grounded version maybe once by accident. Hitting attack right after I let go of even the dpad just doesn't seem to work.

If you have probelms understanding the gimmicks of the very first boss and needs healing items to beat him… boy, you are going to have an extra-hard time dealing with all the bosses from all the games. Kinda consider lowering the difficulty, you won't be able to heal on Oath and Origin.

Can the serial head-patter be stopped?

I think I would've gotten him if I had known to use the aerial attack. When I killed him, I got hit by the first fire breath, healed, tried primarily using the aerial attack for the first time on him, then beat him without too much trouble.

It's fine, you don't have to sage.

It's not too hard. You just have to learn the timing and patterns, and there's a chance you can attack him twice with an aerial attack (hitting the enemy bounces you back to the bottom of the screen, use that to get the fuck out of his range in a second).

Also you may eventually get the hand of Galba or something like that, which is the boost we all need to beat this game on Nightmare. A lot of items are pretty much useless anyway.

Feel free to comment your advances anyway.

Fucking SilvaGunner

Challenge accepted.

Zwei 2 never ever

Fie too? Does he have no decency?!

Something tells me this is an Undertale arrange mix

It's from Cave Story

>the game starts with you falling from mountain into the ruins
>mage boss
>cute ghost npc
earthbound halloween hack has ares/varik as the protagonist

What is this crap, Falcom?

It's kinda like the dream where you're at high school but you're only wearing your underwear.
Except for her it's real.

You have no proof to claim that bs

Do you mean the localization or something?

The Brandish/Toby Fox connection's no secret if you look into it. I don't know how or why the SiIvaGunner remixers haven't done Gadobadorrer in some form.

If so, that's still very likely wrong. No major localizer's gonna pass this game up.

Don't worry.

Rean will take responsibility.

Come on son. Handhelds are now more popular than consoles over there. Sure Sony won't make a new handheld but the Vita still has at least 2 more years.

Knowing their audience.

Shit audience

This arrangement's one of the better ones from FC Evo, though still not as distinct as the original. Still has the Konami doot-doots at the start thankfully.

spooky

What's spookier, that or ALEN SMITHY’S GRAVEYARD?

You're free to play something else. Get a wiiU.

No I just find it hilarious that people actually complain about waifus and fanservice in a JRPG.
Where have you been these last 30 years (oldest anime I watched is from 1979- don't know much about stuff before then)?! Why are you playing/watching Japanese entertainment?!

Like gun control advocates moving to Texas.

I just really don't get people sometimes.

Inbefore

The Falcom style is all about pretty girls/boys.

Yeah I'm kinds cranky. Time for bed.

Best girl

Patrician taste, comrade

Sharon is pretty great sucks she's only available for a limited time

New merchandising

gamer.ne.jp/news/201609020091/

Who do you guys think is going to be the main of Sen 3?

My instincts say Elise but that would be gay.

Well, Rean is featured prominently on the only piece of promo art we've got for it, so…

I find it a little strange that everyone seems convinced Sen 3 will have a new protagonist based entirely on one instance (Sora 3).

finally fucking got my cold steel II review code

Dude, leak it. :^)

Is this Falcolm's idea of moe shit? Crazy girl who talks big but is a jobber? Can't believe she beat Loewe once.

Random but important Ouroboros fact from the 3rd's CD drama and the 3rd Devolution version

The leader of Ouroboros is voiced by a woman, so it's probably a female. Jumping right now on the "she is Aidios" hype train.

>she is Aidios
w o a h

Yeah, I really hope that's true as well.

Original Rouca >>> trails rip-off

Apparently the Sara trophy in Cold Steel II is called "Worth the Wait" which makes me nervous. I'm considering jumping ship to Laura now. I don't want to play a 60-70 hour game only to have "lol come back in a few years" at the end. Don't suppose anyone here knows nip and can translate?

Are you guys planning to keep the same party in CSII, or switch it up?

Sara will probably get added to the rotation since she's regular now. Plus I'll probably want to experiment with the new characters like Toval, Claire and Sharon…when they're available anyway.

I was spoiled on that ending, and I believe the trophy title is in reference to her saying that you should wait when you dance with her in Cold Steel 1.

Toval is literally the first partner character you get. The first, Iunno, 2-3 hours of Chapter 1 is just him and Rean. Claire joins near the end of Chapter 1. Haven't gotten to Sharon yet (I'm assuming you get her around the same time you get Alisa)

:^)

Canon strength and in-game strength are different, and Sara hasn't been practicing as hard as Class VII for a while. She may have been their instructor, but it wasn't until the end of Cold Steel that she really did any real dirty work herself.

It's the same thing with Rean, technically he's (almost) as strong as the Laura's dad in Cold Steel - who could probably become an S-rank bracer if he had been one - and yet in-game most of the time he's shown nowhere near that strength. Granted, that's actually explained a bit better for him, but still.

So…it's a real romance in CSII then? Not a cock tease?

Yeah. Apparently in that ending all the girls in Class VII that are romancable get visibly upset you end up with her over them (I don't have the pic, but Alisa's reaction is boner inducing)

Basically reverse cockblock.

Alright, thank you! I was considering switching to Laura but hearing that Alisa gets butthurt by it is the best news. Alright, Sara run is back on then. Glad it's an actual romance.

Anyone got a good Jap guide for Ys VIII that I can >google translate? It finally got dumped and I'm about to play it.

Xseed can likely trace review copies.

He'd lose his press credentials and be blacklisted.

Isn't Sara an A rank Bracer? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Is that the one from Baidu?

kamikouryaku.com/ys8/ looks pretty good.

Yeah, she's the youngest to ever get that title.

Not for the Vita version. With the way the hack works, it is impossible to trace back to original owner.

Yeah. pan.baidu.com/s/1pLyBF6b

They literally say she's one of the strongest people in Erebonia in CS iirc.

1. I'm not going to leak it. I don't want to, I've met and talked to both Nick and Hatsuu at E3 multiple times.
2. Even if I wanted to, it's a digital copy on my 3.61 Vita, not my 3.60 Henkaku-enabled system. I literally can't.

Ok, when the hell did that happen? Did the chinaman dump it? 'cause Vitamin doesn't work with extra-RAM games last I checked.

Meanwhile, on cuckchan…

Maybe not THE chinaman but a chinaman dumped it. It's even in Chinese.

Isn't that every thread on cuck Holla Forums though?

My copy was one I bought myself and if my Vita was still on 3.60 I would have dumped it myself for you guys. I remember helping the anons on 4chan with Summon Night 5.

HNNNNNNNNNG

Yeah, for whatever reason some stores started selling it early. I was in a GameStop the other day and they just had the game sitting out, I'm pretty sure if I hadn't asked if it was already out they would've sold it to me.

Not that I'm in a rush myself, I've got a digital copy to play through right now - I can wait for my physical for my Lionheart Edition.

So this Wing of Alma in Ys VI wasn't in the original game right? Warping to any save spot from anywhere in the game is way too good and takes the danger out of the game.

Maybe that was a bit of a gut reaction, traveling can be a pain in the ass sometimes. Still, it's really silly to be able to immediately double back to the last save point and get a full heal if you're in any trouble.

Xanadu Next got another update :^)

New interview

playstationlifestyle.net/2016/09/05/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-2-interview-developing-on-ps4-combat-the-golden-age-of-jrpgs/

Ys VI originally had no warping system, and the backtrack was a pain in the ass. Since them, all 3D Ys games have warping as well, but most 2D Ys already have that feature

WHY would anyone hate Falcom?

Hell how many normalfags/cuckchan posters even know about Falcom?

Shit, this gonna affect the Schwarzer Bowl?

I'm stuck between Sara, Laura, and Fie. An Emma is fine too.

This is harder than I thought. FUCK.

HOW?

I'm not sure, I guess trolls found a new mine or something.

I guess this explains the whole "Ys is shit because it doens't feature the Oath system, which is the most classic Ys style"

when does the waifu shit start? Chapter 5?

The final chapter. Before then it's just hints. No idea how much more prevalent it is in 2, though. Only that ends much more definitively.

ah, and what if there's two girls with the same link number?

I think it's called threesome

Just seems ridiculous. Of all the shit devs and cancerous games people choose to hate on Falcom. Sad.

Is Gurumin easy to emulate?

You pick at critical points. Like before the dance you get a list of people you've qualified for and pick one.

Why would you emulate the console port instead of playing the PC version?

Cause I didn't know it existed, thought it was a ps2 game.

Is there a guide in Y's: Memories of Celceta to get more skills? In 7 I'd grab a weapon and spam the included skill enough times to "memorize" it, but it seems different in Celceta.

You can choose one of the characters, for which you have fulfilled the dating conditions, at the end of the game. The conditions are:

Class VII's Main Members
Link EXP: 5250

Class VII's Secondary Members
Link EXP: 3500

Instructor Sara
Link EXP: 4400

Towa
Link EXP: 2000

One of these conditions:
-Spend time with him/her during the Free Day in Chapter 6 (Chapter 5 for Towa)
-Ask him/her to go to the Imperial Capital city to pick up the Stage Costume (Bike Event)
-Use at least 2 tickets on the Military Academy Festival Day

Everyone but Alisa.
Alisa is shit tier.

But seriously I found Fie to have an interesting backstory, definitely the best of the lot. Laura was my favourite though. She was very useful in battles and I loved the way she acted.

alright, I'm gonna continue playing then. Thank you for satisfying my curiosity.

I haven't had a giggle like this in such a long time. Good god you have shit taste.

Xanadu Next when?

Yes I know there is a fan translation, I've already beat it last month

God Alisa is so shit. That's why I hope the user who said this is right:

Not only will I get an actual Christmas Cake end, but also I'd get the bonus of completely btfoing Alisa. It's a win/win.

Fuck my life, and fuck China.

SOON

It's pretty clear that she is, given that the scene in 3rd has her reference "Unbinding the seven covenants"

Well, that's going to take a while. Have any rips appeared on the internet so far?

Trails of Cold Steel II launch trailer

DOST THOU DESIRE THE POWER?

We Xenogears now.

I'm PC only, but that's just rude towards our Vitabros.

It was Sony's decision, apparently.

There's always a chance someone will patch the translation in.

A great excuse to pirate the game then cry if it doens't sell enough :^)

Only saying it's possible. Those whining about no PSP release are mostly Vita owners who prefer the portability.

PSP or not, the ones who plan to pirate will do so regardless of the platform.

I feel like i struck gold here, holy shit.

I really outta give those trails games a shot too at some point.

Something tells me that you may love the Ys series.

Also oath isn't a remake of Wanderers, it's a new version of the same event. The real remake is the PS2 version.

It's what i had as a kid, though yeah Oath blows it away in every regard. I'm definitely going to enjoy this.

Nayuta no Kiseki for the PSP is really fucking good as well.

Pic unrelated: top tier husbando

c o n f i r m e d
God damn it XSEED. twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/773271104706125825

I knew it. I could tell in the last game.

God fucking dammit

How the fuck are people still stupid enough to hire her.

Well…it's Millium, so who cares?

TitS the third IS on Vita but it is Japan only.

I wonder how Father Kevin is gonna feel when he finds out who the grandmaster of Ouroboros is…

Ay Dios mio

Story time: I picked up Celceta on Vita when it came out after always hearing about the series from random people when I worked at Gamestop years ago. I ended up playing through every game in the series in 2014 and loving each one on their own merits. You're in for a real treat getting into Ys.

Yup, just like the Crossbell games :^)

My one problem is that it means god is evil in an RPG again, and I've always like Trails for being pretty unconventional in a lot of respects.

At the same time, they follow a lot of conventions but it's the way it's done that makes that part good.

I'm sure they have something prepared for that, with some good plotwists. Maybe it's not an evil God, but one forced to recover the treasures for some good reason and that's the only way because humans wouldn't cooperate.

She's not, though. She's taking back the Sept-Terrion because they're impeding humanity's development.

and on PS3

Saw this video posted on RPGWATCH

youtu.be/TaN2G-AEd9Q

It's about how well Falcom does worldbuilding.

How predominant is this character in both games?

I just got to chapter 3, already saw her and fuck I knew the voice sounded like utter dogshit compared to others.

So fucking help me if she's a major character, I'm all invested into the game but I cannot stand Burch.

She joins class 7 in chapter 5 and goes on that field study, conversely isn't really in Chapter 6, and is in it about as much as everyone else in the final chapter. Can't speak for Cold Steel II.

Just end my life considering she joins Class 7 just means that Burch has to be heard a lot….

If I only knew before I'd have avoided playing.

You say that like xseed was ever your friend to begin with.

Yes, Goyim! You should all pay homage to Nintendo Treehouse! The true best localizers in the west!

Just mute the VAs if it bugs you that much. There's an option to turn down voice volume.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Nintendo Treehouse is a great localization company who is your friend.

Stop making ridiculous arguments to defend a publisher, they're not your friend.

Well the problem is I've actually enjoyed the rest of the dub, so turning it off I think will ruin a chunk of the experience.

Just based off the snippit of what I heard at the end of the second chapter I'm afraid now that it'll spoil the experience if I have to listen to that trash voice for a 1/3 of the first and the entire second game.

Let alone knowing I supported a product that has her VA in it makes me feel awful since I've boycotted anything with her until now.

Yeah man, fuck these xseed shills and their shitran kagayra.

Vita undubs soon, r-right?

So what's the best version of Wanderers from Ys?

Supporting a game with her VA is a small sacrifice in order to support a series like this if you want the rest of the games.

I wonder what could this be…

MAYBE IT'S A CONFIRMATION FOR ZERO AND AZURE

True true!

TitS FC, SC and third were all released on the PlayStation 3 in Japan. Lucky bastards.

To be fair to Falcom/Xseed: this series is still incredibly niché in the West. Each game sold much less than a million. We're lucky to have it at all.

Well this is rather embarrassing, I can't seem to find a working download or seeded torrent for Gurumin's PC version.

No ofcourse Xseed is not my friend, they're a for profit company.

But they ARE the only ones who actually give a shit about publishing Falcom games in the West.

Thanks to Xseed I don't have to play some Western triple A trash next month.

Why the fuck don't you just go and buy the game?

It's not…
Supposedly its just a slightly modified ending sequence with more pictures than the Japanese Version.

God damn

They're also one of the few localization companies that doesn't do this.

Do we know if that or something similar is not in the original script?

Can't wait to see Fie's design after the time skip.

Hopefully she'll be wearing even less.

Seconded, not to mention the context and how the original character said it.

If the girl is being ball-and-chained by the guy then it makes sense.

All this hype around Cold Steel 2 has me wondering, should I just go ahead and play Cold Steel or should I go with my original plan of waiting til 3rd comes out, playing that, then trying to play the rest of the series in Japanese?

I'm not a fan of adding politics and shit into localization but without context, unless it's something specific like "MAN (particular group or analog) SURE ARE FUCKING STUPID", it's hard to tell whether they added it in or it's actually a good translation.

I recently played Devil Summoner 2 which is set in 1930s Japan and one of the characters is a female reporter who's pen name is based off of a famous Japanese feminist. At one point you get to see the inner frustrations of various characters and when you get to her she complains about how much better men have it, how they get taken more seriously than her, and that she wants to take them down a peg or something like that. There's also another point where she asks another character "Why are all the heroes in these rotten legends man!? It's sexism, plain and simple!". Taken out of context, some might jerk their knee about SJWs but from context I doubt the Japanese is very far off at all.

Right. It was 1930s, so it seems more likely.
There are ways to discuss SJW-esque topics without throwing logic out the window and crying "all hail the vagina".

Like in one of the Witcher games, a female character bitches she can't get into the army and fight, and how she wants to prove herself as a warrior. Geralt tells her "just do it and stop saying you're gonna do it." Basically telling her to fight- in an army or not.

Xseed is my friend if they continue to provide a good service.

While this video had a click-baity title (Falcom is far from indie, even if they are criminally overlooked in the west, and beating Bathesda at world building is like beating a retard at Jeopardy) I still really liked the content of it. Especially because the unimportant NPCs were something I loved about these games. When I played Trails in the Sky SC every time I returned to a town from the first game I excitedly went around to all the NPCs I remembered to see how they were doing. Each return to Trista in Cold Steel saw me tracking down all the students to see what they were doing each month. It's one the reasons my play time on these games is so long.

So anyone able to say how predominant she is in CSII?

My motivation to finish CS has diminished a lot learning she's the VA, and hearing it. I don't think I can handle a whole game with a ton of her shit voice piercing my ears.

This scene would've been less gay if he ran over and buttfucked me

rean is a real serial head patter

you didn't know?

I'm still not very far into it, but so far you choose which characters to take with you to the areas. So you don't have to bring her along if you don't want to. I am still on act 1 though

He says Bethesda but focuses on an Obsidian game.

She's pretty prevalent in Act 1.

I think Burch's shitty, smug voice fits Millium's character.

Honestly, I agree. She's supposed to be annoying as shit.

the entire class is Rean's harem including the guys

I think she is pretty bad still but I have heard worse for loli characters in the west

Millium is like the Teddy of ToCS. Meant to be cute and endearing, but instead comes off as annoying.

Loli characters are shit so it fits that a loli has a really shitty VA

To be honest, I also get a little bit a pleasure from the idea that Burch is forced to voice a romanceable 13 year old.

I thought her being obnoxious was a cover.

It is quite ironic
Actually is is quite ironic that she voices so many young characters

Wait you mean Ashley Burch? You mean I indirectly gave that cunt money.

God fucking dammit.

No, she would have been paid even if there were no sales. Her plan to get royalties fell through, remember?

Maybe Fie will go commando.

Sorry I had to make that pun.

YS VS CS CONFIRMED

YOU'D BEST NOT BE FUCKING WITH ME

Not gonna lie, but that sounds dope as hell.

It's still feels like me buying the game is like saying "Hey xseed, hire Burch again!"

That from Tokyo Xanadu PS4? Fuck my copy is gonna take 2 weeks to get here.

Is it really that hard to make an actual falcom crossover instead of just Ys and Trails? Who doesn't want to see Mail fighting Ares?

Falcom Special Box '97 is on Spotify now. Let's rock.

Now I'm wondering if I should give Devil Summoner 2 a shot even though I haven't played the original. Taisho-era setting's always looked cool to me, but I hear mixed things about how it plays.

Probably the PS2 remake. Out of the original J-PC versions, I've heard poor things about X68k's balancing (admittedly from someone who thinks Ys II PC-88 is worse than Ys I PC-88 because of grinding…hmm). Safest option there would be PC-88. On consoles, PC Engine CD is the most tolerable choice. You at least get Yonemitsu's arrangements.

Poor guy's salty about missing the Greenlight code giveaway maybe. I'll probably Gurumin 3D just for kicks.

Could be cool. Just add in Gagharv characters and we're set.

A fighting game would be nice, but I still want Rhythm Slayer. Then we can have old and new characters kicking ass to the beat against bosses. You could also mod in new tracks/environments/characters for maximum fun.

To me, sending the message of "Hey Xseed, keep making proper localizations" is more important.

Stop Falcom I can only take so much.

I'd say play the Raidou Kuzunoha games in order. The first one is still good but the second improves on the gameplay quite a bit so it might be hard going back if you ever wanted to. They're both also pretty short in comparison to the other games in the franchise.

Shit, I forgot that I got my copy for free from that. Now I feel like I ought to buy the 3DS version myself to give them money.

I would like a new Ys vs. Kiseki fighter just to get new jdk Band arrangements, but only if the old 2006-2014 performers/arrangers worked on this.

Hmm, sounds good. I'd rather try Raidou than Persona 3/4 at this point anyway.

Raidou's writing is really good as well. The first game is easy and awkward, but the second has pretty good gameplay, but way too much backtracking in the middle through the fucking bug people caves.

Why would I buy it?

Because the only reason for not buying a cheap game and support Falcom/XSEED is being a jew.

There's absolutely nothing negative to justify pirating the game aside from saving a few shekels, goy.

Why would I buy a game if I don't know if it's good? Do you also want me to preorder Sen no Kiseki III?

Just a quick correction user; Mastiff published Gurumin, not XSEED.

You know you can ask for a refund, right?

I know that, I'm talking on general terms.

Vita undubs have been a thing for a while.

People were saying that they were pretty sure it was Burch, but I never saw confirmation.

Let me guess you used Play-Asia instead of Amazon Japan which would be cheaper and faster.

Not them but does Amazon Japan do international shipping? I thought you had to use some proxy service for that.

Yes they've been doing international shipping for a while

Well hot damn. Is the shipping cheaper or something? I might go ahead and get Persona 5 from there.

It varies from weight its usually $7-10 and its pretty fast.

No I paid for the cheapest shipping option amiami. So I'll either get it somewhere between 1 to 3 weeks.

They have DHL now and its pretty fast, it took only 2 days when I bought Tokyo Xanadu when I used DHL for Amazon Japan

yeah but DHL was like 2500 yen, the cheapest was 300yen. I only pony up the cash for fast shipping for when I got $300+ monthly orders, if it's just a single item I just go for the cheapest.

I'll never get that point back.

Claire a dumb whore and I want her to die.

Do i have to play anything else before playing this? How good is the patch anyways?
nicoblog.org/psp/nayuta-no-kiseki/

Nayuta is standalone. The translation is kind of shit, but playable.

This is why Sara is the better Christmas Cake.

Not the best, but slightly better then Bandai's PSP translations.

It's a fucking action rpg. As long as the menus work, the translation is fine. Jesus, you people.

Cold steel 2 has been a much better experience for me than 1 so far, as I had expected. The repetitive school formula of one really ruined that game for me.

It helps that best Anguis shows up immediately.

The patch recently got updated with over 1000 translation errors fixed, so it might be more bearable than it used to.

kill me

You can get clear saves from gamefaqs or nextgenupdate.

Hope you have better luck in the future.

nextgenupdate.com/forums/ps3-trophies-game-saves/718570-legend-heroes-sen-no-kiseki-trophy-saveset.html?highlight=Sen Kiseki

I don't know if this is the same error, but maybe this helps:
gbatemp.net/threads/just-managed-to-restore-my-corrupted-save-file.440689/

I've only finished two Ys games, Oath and Origin, and I already feel like I want to binge play the rest of the new ones. Pretty good shit and I haven't seen a good action game in a long time.

Fuck you, you smug bitch, I'm going to do it. I don't even give a fuck about most weeb shit, but I wanted to learn a far east language eventually and the Chinese can go fuck themselves.

What about the repetitive "Call Ashen knight at end of chapter to bail us out and have boring ass mech fight"

The fucking "ultimate" attack you learn after 5 staggers doesn't even kill a scrub mech

Nah they're gone, I accidently deleted my id.dat file when I was clearing VPKs which blanked the whole system.

I'm just gonna play CS2 with a fresh file (had just only gotten to opening of chapter 1) on Normal then probably a do a full play perfect run of both before CS3, if that's even on the Vita.

Deleting the id.dat shouldn't delete you save files. They are probably still there but not showing up.
You could try this to restore your id.dat:
wololo.net/2016/08/20/release-vita-activator-activate-3-60-ps-vita-without-ps3/

WHEN CAN I PRE-ORDER?

Wait, I mixed up act.dat and id.dat.
There should be a way to restore it, though.

What it did was prompt a format, which I stupidly clicked yes to. Moral of this story is that in molecularshell, green text is selected, not orange.

I just want Gaius to get his knight already so the series goes full Xeno.

How are you supposed to beat Orjugan/statue boss in Limewater Cave in Ys VI without a ton of luck? At least on Nightmare without items. I did it but it took fucking forever and there were so many times where it felt like I just got trapped by his attacks with no where to go. Livart spin seemed like the only way to reliably send his missiles back at him but it leaves you grounded for so long.

Attack with brillante to charge its special attack, which can directly hit the boss.

I know you can get a full charge from killing the hands but it didn't really seem like it did enough damage to be the primary way to hurt the boss.

Had this spoiled for me:

>Sara: (Pecks Rean on the cheek) Consider that to be a appetizer. In a couple of years if you're still interested in the main course, come and find me. I'll make the wait worth it

I was afraid of this. Looks like I'll be importing my Laura save instead. Kind of glad I haven't been able to start yet now.

fucking casual I'm playing on nightmare and it's still not even that hard so far

NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD