RPGMaker Thread

Looking for some good RPGMaker games to play, any recommendations?

Preference given to games that allow me to play as a horse

Other urls found in this thread:

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Rpg_Maker_Games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

rpg maker is only good for non-games and esoteric shit

explain

A horse? You can't play as a horse in a vidya you nigger, that's not real life. But here's what I got
Lisa RPG is good, but thats heavily modded rpgmaker. Wanted to be adult humor earthbound instead of family humor. Also the guy who made it visited here once and told nerds to get on making that dream vidya, webm related

Witch's House pretty good, but I never finished it. No combat, just puzzles and a little bit of the jumpscares

Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden is some good stuff that takes the piss out of rpg maker games. Not technically rpgmaker, but it was going to be on that at once

Corpse Party is technically original rpg maker, but honestly the PSP version (and I guess now 3ds?) is where you'd probably want to start. PSP emulators on the PC are good stuff these days. Spooks, gore, and buttcream in jap land

Off is pretentious stuff but eh, I'm a sucker for weird worlds. Basic as it gets in everything else though
This list exists I guess vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Rpg_Maker_Games but I dunno how good it is

for fucks sake

i don't consider coding fun dammit

Good games:

Alter Alia Genesis
Coats
Farmyard Chronicle
Gottendammerung
Hellion
I Miss The Sunrise
Ib
Last Scenario
Lie Eating Dragon
Luxaren Allure
Romancing Walker
Standstill Girl
Star Stealing Prince
Touhou-a-Live
Touhou Mother
Wadanohara

Hylics
y
l
i
c
s

Space Funeral

why do the Touhou fanbase try to turn everything into touhou?

Is there a Chrono-Touhou or even a Tactics Touhou?

People who play touhou play and enjoy lot of other vidya too.

So they like making touhou versions of other vidya because they like the characters and setting in Touhou.

95% of them are the crappy mess anyone would expect from fan games. Some are pretty damn good though, and a select few become something better than their originals. Especially if they're reviving an old dead genre that doesn't get much play anymore.

There are plenty of Touhou RPGs, though don't think one particular trigger-related. There was at least one Disgaea/FFT themed one but since it was a lot of text I don't think it got translated.. Not to mention the whole SRW-Touhou line for those who like tactics games.

Yume Nikki
.flow

There is, but it's not RPGMaker. With the release of SRPG Studio, there will be more of it.

.flow was the one where the character had some sort of "illness" and the dreams were kinda violentish?

OneShot, though it's not much of an RPG if you consider combat an essential part of the genre. The game is driven by interesting puzzles and dialogue and not closing the game window.

Forgot to mention it's free, but there is an expanded version coming out for sale on Steam, likely around October.

Yeah, that's probably .flow. It's a bit more bloody than Yume Nikki was, but I think it's more focused and a bit stronger for it. There's more interesting bits of plot to piece together.

Would it be a good idea to make a game with RPG Maker?

Or should I just stop being a retard and learn how to code myself?

Ya. Play my game

Has anyone here tried Eternal Senia?

Yes. Go pirate one and try and make a simple 5-15 minutes game. It'll take you a few hours to a few days.

And then think about whether or not making game is a good investment of your time.

RPGMaker is a fun toy. It's not reasonable to make any sort of complex game in it, but it is nice to play around with an implementation of any engine, really, and RPGMaker does let you dig in the internals a bit.

The fact that it uses Ruby rather than some ass-backwards internal lanugage or Javascript clone (or even Javascript) is nice too. I don't like Ruby, but it's at least a real programming language that's actually used elsewhere besides games.

Play "Forget me not ~ Palette". Pretty good game for being made in RPGMaker95.

I want /agdg/ to make a guide on how to use python/C++ or any other program to make gaems. I so want to make a video game, but I'm borderline retarded.

I really wish I knew what ambient song was used for that webm

Don't start with making games. Get a mediocre foundation in the language first.

Couldn't hurt. Its fun to dick around in it and you could probably learn a thing or two about basic game design from it.

Hope you want to NEVER MAKE A FUCKING GAME THEN faggot.

Clearly.

You can't just "make a guide" for that shit, you need a fundamental understanding of the language to make anything functional.

That's like saying "I wish the jrpg threads would just make a guide so I can read Japanese"

Additionally, are there any successful western games made with RPG Maker?

Are there any particularly good books of videos for learning a programming language and getting you foundationally ready to code?

Lisa. It was made with VX Ace, iirc.

I'm partially reponsible for this. And I'm now convinced my involvement in that game was a mistake: the little feedbacks I get from the fandom come in three flavors: it reeks of self-loathing, self-importance or that very distinctive "hivemind cancer" tasteā€¦ so they come to you, and start their ramblingā€¦ and you can only witness what's going on, it's like you're not in the room and you can't shake them out of whatever stupid beliefs they have. They worship people they never met, put lots of expectation on your back and feels betrayed the moment they realize you're not who they thought you were. It's fucking depressing.

Most feedbacks I should have said: thanks God not everybody acts like that, but those people also don't participate in the fandom. I guess people in need of constant validation are more likely to get into that kind of worshiping cult.