Hygiene thread

How should hair/teeth be cleaned? Apparently baking soda works for both, although I'm unsure if there are any side effects, or how well baking soda works for getting rid of grease from hair. Are the ingredients in pic-related (a fluoride-free toothpaste) all safe?

Other urls found in this thread:

dendds.com/uploads/RDA_index.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Make your own soap
Make explosives from the by-products

if you don't floss your teeth you will hang on the day of the rope

you only need baking soda for teeth but you must brush with it daily.

the ingredients in toothpaste have short-term preventative effects, but if you're brushing daily, you don't need those anyway.

just use baking soda and floss. if you want good smelling breath (as opposed to the neutral that baking soda gives you), just use some mouth wash or something.

Another thing to look at is the abrasion rating. There's lists online. Too many people use whitening ones that sand away enamel.

I have used baking soda as a toothpaste and didn't notice any problems with it, but then I read that it can damage the enamel on your teeth. There's a lot of conflicting info online about this.
For now I'm using Tom's of Maine natural toothpaste, flouride and sls-free.
But the biggest change in my teeth came when I started taking a Vitamin K2 supplement. Actually, I'm taking two - both an MK-7 form and an MK-4 form of Vitamin K2, along with Vitamin D. I order all from Amazon. There's a new one that has both MK-4 and MK-7 in one that I haven't tried yet. Anyway, the stuff virtually eliminated my dental plaque and my teeth look whiter. It helps prevent cavities and it's also good for your bones. You need to take both Vit K and D with some type of fatty food for maximum absorption.

Baking soda sucks as a shampoo. 20-Mule Team borax and a little bit of shampoo for suds mixed into some warm water works way better. You can find it next to the laundry detergent in the supermarket. Not every place carries it. Plus, you can throw a little of that shit in with your laundry, too - it gets it super clean.

Be aware about the high ph levels though. Women have used baking soda and that and found their hair too brittle, splitting, and pulling out.

Most important thing, really.

If someone holds a gun to your head and says you can only do one thing for a month, choose flossing.
It has the most bang for the buck.

RIGHT WING SOAP & LAMPSHADES

I choose eating fruits

You can make pomade out of beeswax, olive oil, and coconut oil. Look up a recipe online, and then adjust it by adding more wax or oil to make it harder or softer. You can keep remelting it and mixing it until you get it right. Then use cold water at the end of showers, and the residual wax will harden and help keep it's shape, without going rigid.
Polite sage

I've never once flossed in my life and I go to the dentist every 6 months and have never had a single cavity. I heard recently it doesn't even actually have any benefits at all.

flossing isn't for cavities you fucking brainlet

The fuck is it for then? Gum health? Perfectly fine. All evidence points to it doing fuck all was the point of my post.

Been using a blend of activated charcoal and baking soda for the past week. Already my teeth are whiter and my mouth feels good. Slightly unnerving the first time you see your mouth and saliva all black though.

A single person is not really that big of a group.
Anyway, flossing does prevent a bunch of ailments, including "cavities" (well demineralizatin and so forth), gum inflammation and co.

Simply by removing bits of food that can nurture bacteria or simply add to the buildup of plaque.

If you floss and you end up with shit getting removed from between your teeth then that's far from "not having benefits" at all.
At the very least you won't have food bits in your teeth that can stink up your mouth.

It's not just me, there's mixed results on it being effective for anything at all. Doing a search for it shows that. Anyway, I don't really wind up with anything stuck in my teeth, I drink lots of water and chew my food really well as I've always been taught.

Hey OP I found these for you, The Dry Shampoo and the Tooth powder I have made personally, they work, even if buying the ingrediants were a bit expensive.

Also attached are some old as fuck recipes for making medical supplies from 1870!

Yeah, actually the borax works best if you just add a tiny bit to shampoo and water. Or, if you don't want to use regular shampoo, you can use Dr. Bronner's liquid soap. You can actually use Dr. Bronner's for everything from toothpaste to hair to dishes and laundry, but it's expensive and it doesn't suds up that well, so it's easy to use too much in the shower. But, i have used it for all of that on camping trips.

Baking soda will give you dreadlocks if you have long hair. It strips the oils and the high PH makes the hairs open up and curl more. I usually just rinse with hot water. I deep clean with baking soda and rinse with apple cider vinegar. If my scalp itches I wrap it in a towel and let the vinegar soak for an hour or so and rinse. It takes a couple rinse/dry cycles to get all the vinegar smell out though.

Vinegar is an amazing conditioner, but rinsing with cold water is much better. Cold showers usually leave me feeling pissed off but a minute of 60 degree water at the end ain't bad at all. Cheapo half dollar per gallon vinegar works just as well.

Teeth is largely determined by genes. Just like some people eat like shit and don't workout and still look good.

Also red wine vinegar lightens hair, which defending on your opinion is good.

I use only water for washing hair. It takes time for your hair to adjust to not having shamjew. If you're neet go 1 month without washing your hair, even with water. After you can go longer between shamjew applications. Repeat this cycle for a while, then replace shamjew with water washing

This stays

Mods are kikes and should drown themselves in semen

dendds.com/uploads/RDA_index.pdf
Baking soda is abrasive if dry but not if wet.
If wet, baking soda has the lowest abrasion rating of anything that can be used to clean the teeth.
I clean my teeth with baking soda with a pinch of salt mixed in. The iodine in the salt helps with cleaning and it also cuts down on the bitterness of the baking soda. To this I add enough water to make a liquid (more liquid than a paste, it should be watery) and simply dip my brush in it.

I also only use saltwater for my mouthwash. No listerine jew. Sometimes I only brush with saltwater as well, but the lack of abrasion makes it not a great choice for repeated use.

I do floss.

Borax is toxic and should be avoided for any use.

Diet and lifestyle have more of an impact on tooth health and structure than genes.

——————————-

If you guys want an interesting shampoo formula, you can try what I use.

1) 1 spoon Fresh lemon juice
2) a dash of Rosewater
3) 1/2 spoon Honey

Mix all into a glass until everything is blended then add water to fill the glass at least halfway. Lather, let sit for a few minutes, rinse.
This actually cleans my hair and beard better than any soap or shampoo I have tried. I have tried using red wine vinegar instead of lemon juice but it leaves behind a smell after some time.

Shampoo causes dandruff and kills your scalp skin causing flakes

technically this thread is a form of self improvement

The main factor in determining one's dental hygene is actually saliva production. Saliva is an antiseptic, and it prevents tartar buildup and cavities. II am lucky enough that I produce a lot of spit. Every time I yawn I end up drooling uncontrollably (it's kinda gross), but I've never gotten a single cavity my entire life and my dental hygiene is less than perfect.

The main ingredient in mouthwash that prevents plaque buildup is eucalyptis oil.

Some people have acidic saliva. A lot depends on the quality of it, which comes back to diet.

Do you use this to make your own mouthwash? I'm skeptical of any essential oils.

It contains licorice and mints, which are estrogenic, especially the licorice.

I recommend Cinnamon Earthpaste (works better but sometimes leaves cinnamon flavor on your teeth which you taste when you chew gum) or Weleda's plant gel toothpaste (doesn't work as well but is less gross). Whatever you get, make sure there's no fluoride, but you already know that, so good.

Dumb as fuck. You know what it is, kid? You have little tiny baby teeth with little tiny baby spaces in between them that don't trap anything. I have the opposite and every time I floss, it takes 3-4 passes for the back molars on the top, and for the first 2-3 of them there are literally chunks of rotting meat being yanked out of there with the floss. This is after brushing, btw. Flossing isn't for cavities, it's for fresh breath and prevention of gum disease.

also I'll add that the reason I got so assmad is because I love flossing, it's the only part of the dental hygiene ritual I don't hate, because it feels really good

floss first then brush, friend. remove food, then stimulate gums.

cold showers, or at least a cold finish is fantastic.

additionally, when washing your hair and beard be sure to aggressively stimulate your scalp with your nails. you want to remove the dead skin.

This makes sense and is actually true, my bottom teeth are really small.

It's the gum stimulation that's good for you. The most important thing when brushing (if you don't eat sugary things) is to lightly brush your gums.

Wouldn't that push plaque back into the spaces between the teeth? That's why I floss last.

I use a Bass toothbrush, maybe I should have mentioned that somewhere. Bass toothbrushes are designed for cleaning in the gumline without scratching your teeth or gums.

Lightly brush the gums as well, even if you need to get another toothbrush. Don't do just the gum line. My dentist always believes that I've always flossed and are always impressed that I've never had a cavity. Gum stimulation will stop your gums from bleeding if you decide to floss as well as strengthen your gums to grip your teeth.

Don't forget to clean your tongue and the roof of your mouth as well. Teeth are honestly one of the least important things to brush (again, as long as you aren't consuming sugar constantly). You keep everything else clean and your teeth will follow.

most of the plaque is between your teeth already, the flossing loosens it, while the brushing and rinsing removes it.

true patrician oral care regimen:
1. 3-4 times a week flossing
2. daily (or twice-daily preferred) brushing, focusing on gum stimulation
3. tongue scraping to remove and stimulate
4. rinse

focus less on cleaning the teeth, and more on gumline, where plaque tends to accumulate. buy a fucking tongue scraper, it'll change your life

this nigger knows what's up.

I do scrape my tongue, but the roof of the mouth? What do you use for that, toothbrush?

With finely powdered kikes

You can make an effective toothpaste by mixing Coconut oil, baking soda and a little peppermint/cinnamon essential oil.

But oral health has a lot to do with the amount and quality of saliva in contact with your teeth after meals and throughout the day. Sucking on Xylitol candy or swishing xylitol powder and a tiny amount of baking soda after a meal is good for getting saliva to break down any microscopic food particles and coat teeth with new minerals. Always brush teeth and gums only very lightly. You don't want to remove the daily mineralization.

The baking soda dries out my hair too much to rinse with plain water. Eventually the natural oils would get it back to normal but I haven't cut my hair in like three years.

Borax is less toxic than sodium chloride. Some people eat it to treat arthritis. I used to put a little in my water when I was trying to decalcify my pineal gland. I'm not into that too much lately though.