This is good, isn't it?

Times where the bad guy of a video game recognized his/her folly.

But Big Boss was the good guy. He just wanted to establish a fourth Reich and exterminate the Jews Patriots

Is there a bigger boss than Big Boss?

Who's the biggest boss?

Solid Snake.

Big Boss was the greatest hero after The boss

Out of context that image is pretty funny.

The Boss, Big Boss never felt that he lived up to her name

I assume snakes is the same metaphore as it was in the story of Saint Patrick.

Didn't they retcon his appearance in MGS4?
As in, that too isn't the actual Big Boss or something?

In terms of sheer combat ability, based on what they do in-game, and what we're explicitly told, the rankings are probably something like
But if the central theme of the games is to be believed, who actually comes out on top is more about philosophical and methodical differences than pure stats.

Big Boss turned into a retard. The Boss was always a retard. Zero is a mega retard. Solidus fucked up. Raiden has the potential to surpass all of them. Venom, who's basically anti-Raiden could have too, if he hadn't been fucked out of his life by becoming Big Boss.

It's unclear where The Boss belongs on either list, because she held back in the fight where she should have been giving her all, and the true essence of her will is still ambiguous as fuck. Revengeance Raiden being canon, and what Kojima thinks of his character, are questions in themselves.

Is PP worth pirating or should I just not bother?

Worth a pirate, I'd say. It has some of the best controls of the entire series, but very little worthwhile to do in it. It's like 66+% filler.

The best PC port in a decade hands down

Jap shit trying to apologise for everything they aren't.

Effort to make the world a better place is in vain if it ceases.

How so?

It's probably not surprising he looks different given he was apparently Frankensteined together out of a burnt near-corpse and those of Liquid and Solidus.

Why is her tit so big?

I heard it's denuvo, will I run into any shit?

You're asking the wrong question, friend.

What you should be asking, is

If her tit was bigger, it wouldn't match up with her other one. No-one likes lop-sided tits.

gas yourself

Go read Franken Fran and find out

It's not a coincidence that Kojima played nearly the same trick as MGS2, but with different results. He's a contrast to Raiden.

In MGS2, one of the morals of the story is that Raiden (metaphorically the player) idolizes Snake, but needs to not try to be him. Raiden spends a lot of time trying to be like Snake, but only once he decides to become his own person does his life take a turn for the better.

Venom, on the other hand, who is literally the player, didn't make the right decision. When his original personality shines through, it's clear that Venom is a better person than Big Boss, and he even handles crises more severe than Big Boss, simply by believing that he could. He accomplishes outrageous feats by believing that he's Big Boss, but the reality is that he had the potential to do it all in the first place, because he's not Big Boss. However, even when he found out that he was living a lie, he continued down that road, because it's what was most beneficial to his idol, and it got him killed. He ultimately had nothing to show for his life, and destroyed himself in the pursuit of a man who was never the hero he thought he was in the first place, and in effect, never achieved anything for himself. He lived and died in the back seat.

Somewhat tangential, but see vid related at 7:55. The words that he needed to hear most were meant to come out of his own mouth.

Venom's fate is as much his own fault as it is Big Boss's, if not more.

I never intended this to become a MGS thread but it is what it is.

Honestly, I think the whole series needs to be rebooted and the reboot needs to start the game story at where MGS3 takes place.

This way you can have a cleaner progression of ideas. So many times in the series you can just see how fucking strained the whole narrative is becoming because of having to make sense with some shit that happened in a previous game.

The complete reason why MGS3 and MGS1 has the CLEANEST story out of all these games is because they had virtually nothing that was there to tie them to any previous game.

Nothing that need be retconned or overly explained.

Whoops.

What I mean to say is that MGS1 retconned a lot about MG1 and MG2. Though you're right that knowing those games wasn't especially necessary.

Further proof that MGSV GZ & TPP were both bad and unnecessary in terms of story. It's so easy, all Kojima had to do was construct a story about how Outer Heaven and Zanzibar Land came to be. Instead of doing that, he decides to make a story that further adds to the baggage that is the MGS narrative. He really shouldn't have fired/got rid of his story editor. Literally George Lucas tier.

Exactly. MGS2 could be considered a clean story as well but it takes things in such a fucked up direction that it poisons every game after it.
MGS4 is a great example of this.
MGS3 of course had to explain, along with Big Boss' origins, the origins of The Patriots (La li lu le lo) and such but the whole "Patriots" thing doesn't start biting the story in the ass in the Big Boss line until maybe MGS5.
Add to the fact that MGS5 is also fucking plagued with the task of bringing about an explanation for how you could fight Big Boss TWICE as Snake (MG1 and MG2).

So you remake it.

You start at MGS3, go into Peace Walker, these are all fine. You combine MG1 and MG2 into a single game, call it MGS Rise of Snake or something. With this, you don't have to do some sort of phantom explanation behind fighting BB twice and you can then make what would be MGS5 into a game about BIG BOSS. About the formation of his Outer Heaven in Zanzibar Land or whatever.
In fact, lets go back a bit here, you can make the starting point of MGS5 basically the MG1 of the series. The first time Big Boss is defeated (and its by Zero's cronies) and hence his final break away into madness as he rebuilds.

Anyway, to continue.
So now you can continue the series with the events of MGS1 and you have the foresight NOW to NOT kill off Liquid Snake.
This means MGS2 can happen without the addition of Solidus Snake and can be a continuation of Liquid's plans. This means that the Raiden character can be pushed out as even more of an outsider and can really show just how fucked the world is becoming because of what is essentially a family dispute.

Because you have the foresight for all of this, you don't need to have had FOXDIE in the series. This means you don't need some retarded super-fast aging Solid Snake for MGS4. This means you could make MGS4 actually tell a final tale of Snake coming after LIQUID.
Get rid of the retarded cyber-ninja shit and you could have MGS4 star both Snake and Raiden. Both with their own set of skills and things they excel at as you go to tackle them down. In fact, double pronged. Snake goes after Liquid and Raiden goes after Ocelot (different areas around the world).

And there you have it, the entire series can be less convoluted with less bullshit because now you have all the story elements and themes in place and you can now re-work them into something more coherent and planned.

Alright, time to go full autism, since I'm bored. I'll post this here since I don't see any designated MGS threads out there.

Here's an idea:

MGSV GZ can still be a thing. Instead of doing the story that the TPP had, why don't we try this instead?

So, EVERYTHING in GZ, apart from Skull Face wanting to kill Zero happened. This would explain why Mother Base and Peace Walker isn't really talked about because it was so short lived, that it's mainly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
This time around, the TPP will actually explore these gray/dark areas that Kojima was blue balling us about on Twitter, which we never got. So, that means we will get to witness the downfall of Big Boss' legend (both Venom and Big Boss) as he does these questionable things to get back at Cipher. The motivation for all this is super obvious, they're super pissed at what Cipher did to them. This means almost everyone will be on Kaz's level, who was the only character that was convincing when it came to being angry at Cipher.

Extra tidbits:

The two acts of TPP are as follows:

I'll continue this in my next post, I rarely get a text box this big. Here, have a qt operators while you wait for my next post.

If we're going to be completely fucking honest, Solid Snake sat there and fought a singular Metal Gear REX.

Given nearly an identical arsenal (heh) Raiden took on a line of RAY models, three at a time. Better agility, higher firepower, just weren't built as nuclear warhead delivery platforms.

Solid Snake fought a cyborg ninja. Raiden fought a man in a cybersuit that could shoot missiles, had afterburners on his shoes, and made him near fucking invincible to small arms.

Solid shot down a HIND. Raiden shot down a harrier.

Solid blew up a tank with grenades. I don't have a good parallel for this impossible feat.

Raiden fought a NANOMACHINES SON'd "vampire." If we use Frank Jaegar as the parallel for this, consider that this opponent held his ground against edgy cyborg Raiden years into the future.

Solid fought a battle against a slow-moving spiritual Inuit man with a chain-gun that practically required no action on his part.

Raiden managed to "hide" from a fucking rail gun in a space about the size of a third of that.

Solid has field experience.

Raiden has had experience since he was a child, has been brainwashed and virtually trained for even ridiculous amounts of material with reality-challenging forced VR missions.

CQC? Solid Snake wasn't anywhere near Big Boss, who was behind The Boss. Liquid did his part to train but clearly was left lacking. Remember that Ocelot got his ass handed to him by Naked. Saying that some combination of a old-as-fuck Ocelot who thinks he's Solid somehow has anything resembling a power level is ludicrous.

If anything, all that MGS4 proved was that Snake's primary strength was determination, to superhuman levels.

Whether you like him or not Raiden holds a pretty insane power level. Part of the theme in 2 is that you idolized Snake without fucking realizing you "surpassed" him.

Revengeance and his treatment in 4 were garbage abominations and should never have come to be.

Indisputably, Solidus lies at the bottom of that orgy, comparable if not superior to Liquid. Liquid's agenda was edgy teenager tier. Solidus had a plan, and was arguably superior to Big Boss in strategic strength and ideological convictions.

Raiden 2>Solid Snake>Solidus Snake>Big Boss>The Boss>Venom Snake>Liquid Snake

You're right. I should have taken that into account when I wrote

Fix your formatting.

Reminds me of the time that Superman was teleported to the future where he met the immortal caveman guy telling him that he regretted everything he had done and that he didn't want to take over the world anymore because he made everyone fight and destroy themselves and since he was immortal he ended up being all alone, so he sent superman back in time so he could stop the caveman guy from becoming world overlord, but first they had to go and rescue some power cell thing that some giant bugs stole because the caveman guy needed it to send superman back in time and superman got his powers back from touching the power thingy and then he went back in time and stopped it. It was really cool.

I remember that episode, something something toyman prototype weapon that disintegrates but in reality makes things go to the future. It was indeed a cool episode.

I just

I just want a offshoot timeline where Venom has a happy ending and nothing bad happens to him

But user, he's not necessary. In fact, he's so not needed in the grand scheme of even his own game that you could have replaced him with the actual big boss and all you would have had to do was change the ending scene. NOTHING ELSE in the game would have to change.

To be honest, Venom's creation, to me, seems like part of the reason why the game is unfinished. MGS5 looks like it had started out as many different games before it got zipped together into what we know today.
People like to blame Konami for all of its faults but I can recognize the unmistakable mark of a "creative" who has been mistakenly let loose and given full control.

I've had this theory that kept getting shit on that the game was, at the very least, starting out as one sort of game and story then Kojima watched a few movies or whatever and suddenly changed EVERYTHING. He could have done this once in the middle of development or done it many small times. Basically making development stalled and fucked up and confused. Konami saw that this was an investment that was going out of control and had to put the breaks.
I would go more in depth, but that's a good summary. This kept getting shit on every time I brought it up until…
A game that appears to be completely cobbled together out of unused assets left over during the development of MGS5. Tweets from when MGS5 was still in development from Kojima talking about how he wanted to make a zombie game. People thought it was about Silent Hills…
whelp.
Metal Gear: Survive.

I've been vindicated and the kojidrones get to be put on suicide watch.
The man has made good games in the past and has potential to continue doing so. He is detailed on the mechanics side of things but he NEEDS people to keep him on the rails.
Hopefully MGS5 is just a single instance of this.

I wish anons would recognize templates.

He never would. He's the Big Boss that fought. And odds are he died because he went against Naked Snake. Just look at him in the chopper in TPP, he has severe ptsd, schizophrenia, a fucking metal piece sticking out his head, fighting nonstop wars for over a decade. There was never a happy end for venom, just the goal of peace.

That's why I said an offshoot timeline. One where Base Goblin gets removed before he fucks everything up, and Quiet sticks around. Even just a little bit of happiness would be nice.

So, you uh, you get the ending scene is a lie right? what with the whole Nietzsche quote, the 1984 themes in the game, the Nietzsche quote being the start of the mission itself, the timestamps for the last mission not adding up on the escape from the hospital, the fact that the mission is called TRUTH, when the game has so many heavyhanded themes to 1984. Whether venom is Jack or not is debateable, but theres little question that the last mission is an outright lie.

I could actually see Konami making a spinoff game where Big Boss wins against Solid Snake. Like a what-if timeline.

Part 2:

Extra tidbits:

ACT 2:

Alright, I think I'm done.

Also:
That 150+ was a stupid idea and they're pointless in the grand scheme of things.

I've already played plenty of the not legend legend.
SHIGGY

Reminder that Venom Snake did nothing wrong.
NOTHING WRONG
Venom Snake>Big Boss

No, I'm sorry but you can't escape it. The ending was what it was.
The biggest hint that Venom isn't the real Big Boss is right there with Liquid when the paternity test comes up negative for a match.

I'm sorry, but that man and that ending is a product of shitty writing.
the themes of deception and the whole 1984 stuff fits in line with the fact that this man IS NOT Big Boss and that the LEGEND of Big Boss is a conglomerate of the achievements of many other people. One of whom is Skullface and his team as they were the "clean up" after BB's missions.

The whole game (in its final incarnation) was meant to actually bring Big Boss' legend down a few pegs to the player.
Keep in mind that the only character that has never actually lied to the player has been Solid Snake. If we take that in mind, Solid Snake is more of the player than any other character you touch in the series.
In that way, you see Big Boss in the way Solid Snake saw him. While MGS3 and Peace Walker show you Big Boss the way all the people who followed in his foot steps saw him (Ocelot, Liquid, etc).

Nice rebuttal there M8. I spose in the 1984 game, you believe everything everyone tells you, especially the guy who says they did a dna test you never see happen, or the results, which you never see.

Seems like you just really want to believe that someone who is clearly not the real Big Boss to be him just so your illusion of the "legend" isn't fucked up.

Look, if you really want to get into it, the turning point for Big Boss was at the end of Peace Walker. From then on out he ceases to be this victim of shitty governments and other people's plans and becomes part of the reason why the world is so fucked up in MGS4.

Remember, Solid Snake always thought he was a piece of shit and for good reason.

How about instead of attacking me, you attack the facts. If the truth mission is definitely true, why is it in the game with heavyhanded 1984 themes as well as the truth mission alone having a big portion itself like:

Being called Truth
Having timestamps that dont add up
Starting the mission off with a Nietzsche quote
Having a fucked passport given to "Big Boss' which doesnt work with the present timeline
The fact that digoxin slows down your heart, not gives strength to muscles, as well as other shit in the mission.

How is this mission in any way a complete farce?

How is this mission in any way not a complete farce*

I told you what the themes are in reference to.
Its the fact that Venom's life as Big Boss is a lie.
Not that Venom _IS_ Big Boss.
Also to show that the legend of Big Boss itself is sort of a lie because we get to see that BB isn't some super legendary soldier that is irreplaceable.

But Big Boss was never the bad guy. The Patriots are Jewish globalists.

Again, debate the facts of the mission. If you're so sure of your opinion why do you keep avoiding the subject of the conversation, which is of the inconsistencies in the Truth mission? Why arent you trying to debunk all the inconsistencies and lies in that mission alone that proves theyre lying about the Big Boss reveal?

This

In the grand scheme of things GZ and TPP are utterly unimportant to the plot of the entire series, this infuriates me to no end, I understand that its sorta locked in to specific details because it's a prequel, but they did absolutely nothing with the fucking concept of Big Boss/Venom building up Outer Heaven, which isn't even shown unless we're supposed to assume that Diamond Dogs and Motherbase eventually became Outer Heaven, in which case when the hell did any of that happen? Even if we were to get an explanation it's a total retcon, Sure Kojima, you answered the question nobody wanted with Venom being the explanation for why BB survived till MG2, but you brought up a whole lot more fucking questions and problems by doing so

What purpose did Quiet serve to the plot of the game and the series overall? Absolutely nothing

What purpose did Code Talker serve to the game and the series overall? Absolutely nothing

What purpose did Venom's "interactions" with Eli in the non-cut content part of the game serve? Absolutely nothing, leaves more questions than answers for us since we never got to bully Liquid like he says happened in MGS1

What purpose did Skullface's stupid plan, with language parasites and a Metal Gear with a dick cannon serve? Literally nothing, not related to anything in the series from before that point at all, serves to do nothing but bloat out this game's very thin story.

The only thing that had a VERY LOOSE connection to the later games was the plot twist that Skullface fucking with the Patriot AI is what made it Ebil and not that it was a broken concept to begin with, so thanks for that kojima you made some of the idealogical gray area parts of the games a stupid B-movie plot point instigated by the worst villain in the whole series. Oh not to mention this was never actually shown, it was delegated to a fucking cassette you get after you beat the game.

Almost a whole fucking year later and I'm still mad Holla Forums, the leaks and the slav livestreaming the whole thing didn't deter my hype like they should have, never again anons, never again, death stranding will be the same stupid shit

Because I don't see them as inconsistencies in the TRUTH mission.
They're pointing out all the wrong shit in the starting mission.

Also, the whole game is a mess because it is attempting to stitch together the assets and story elements from several other versions the game has already been in development as.
So many themes, so many ideas, so many plot points and lines are either ended in an obviously premature and stunted way or simply just let go to never be followed up on.
Could all of this been fixed if Kojima was given another year or two of development? Maybe if he only from then on could stay on course.

Again, all symptoms of this being several different games/concepts having to be glued together in a rush to meet a deadline.
Skullface's plot(s) are actually a pretty big indication that there were at least TWO game concepts at play here.

Remember, Skullface had TWO plans. One was to give the whole world nukes. Equal the playing field for all nations while he still held the remote to them all. In this way he would be in complete control.
His second plan was that whole language parasite shit.
Now, considering the parasite thing quickly takes over the story, it would seem that the parasite thing had been something that had more strongly decided upon.

Although really the parasites served a double purpose of being the explanation for the "powers" of the cobra unit.

Further evidence that this game is a mashup of several others is the fact that you have 50% of the dialogue concerning the main character CUT. this is KNOWN. People will continue to say it was because Kojima didn't have enough time and that Konami kept fucking with him but I will hold up MGS2 as proof to the contrary.
When he didn't have time to implement plot points and story information in the game he didn't just cut it away he DUMPED IT INTO CODEC CALLS.
Yeah, all those super long codec calls in MGS2 are a result of not being able to pace it out into the gameplay itself. But it was important to the story so they put it there.
If it was really a time issue, why not more tapes?

They dont point out anything wrong in it, they just add additional inconsistencies that make the mission look like a fake, bringing the reveal into question. You obviously dont know what you're talking about. And 1984 themes coupled with Nietzsche and TRUTH being the name are big indicators for a 1984 themed game with the ministry of truth, which dont make the original look fake, they make the last mission look like a propaganda piece. It's pretty blatant you have no idea what you're talking about.

The thing is, we DID get alot of tapes, like a few dozen if I'm remembering correctly, that seem to directly be from cut content or cutscenes or whatever, we have tons of tapes with Zero or Skullface monologing, a bunch about Dr. Strangelove, Huey, all that, Venom has almost absolutely nothing throughout the whole game, tapes or otherwise, and I'm not sure how much of that was intentional and how much of that was bad timing, budget issues, ect

In any case its fairly obvious ALOT was cut, the "plot" of ACT 1 is just barely there, sorta coming out of left field last second, and then all of a sudden the "ending" is just sorta there, with Act 2 not really having a proper plot or ending for that matter at all. I'm annoyed at the amount of tluff missions in this game with no substantial relation to the Plot other than Miller's "Skullface/Cipher probably did this Boss" comments at the end of most missions.

Lets see, what is more likely to have happened.

That the reveal is an ACTUAL reveal of what ACTUALLY happened during the first mission and that the first mission was more of the lies that Ocelot had been pushing on Venom.
You know, the thing he admitted to doing flat-out to Miller in the end.

Or that for some stupid fucking reason they decided to toss a mission on at the end that actually meant nothing at all.
I can't convince you since you are so invested in believing that Venom is Big Boss for some fucking reason.
jesus christ, just by the sheer fact that Big Boss has never been noted to have ever lost his arm or have a fucking skull horn is enough.

Not nearly as much as we would get if the whole issue was time and not some direction shift(s) during development.
I would hazard a guess that many of the assets being recycled into Metal Gear: Survive are remnants of a plot point where the parasites may have been used to create zombie soldiers.

Unsure if pirate, but if you actually buy it, no, not really. Runs amazingly well.

Still doesn't explain how Venom had so few lines, period, but I like your theory that MG: S is just chopped up leftovers from V's plot, I hadn't really considered that, thought it was just going to be reused assets and nothing else

Or, maybe, just maybe, the mission with heavy 1984 themes, the book about government propaganda and new world order, has a final mission that is called TRUTH like the ministry of truth, that creates propoganda, the same mission that starts off with a Nietschze quote, that says no FACTS, only interpretations, and then adds in a bunch of inconsistencies like timestamps from where big boss escapes and you wake up with a helicopter chasing you, Ocelot being in two places at once, a passport that somehow has been in the future and created before passports like it existed yet and other inconsistencies in the mission ALONE, not the first mission, the last mission ALONE.

And I mention AGAIN, that you have not discounted a single fact that shows the last mission doesnt add up, not the first mission, the last one, you just keep avoiding the facts themselves, showing you have nothing to stand on other than you want the mission to be true, despite the evidence to the contrary.

i know nothing about digoxin so this fucks me up. what is the implication here? that the whole hospital escape doesn't make any sense in any version? that big boss doesn't know what the fuck digoxin is? that boss was sabotaging medic's escape? despite that medic would clearly know what digoxin does and know what boss said was bullshit, so that's weird too.

or maybe nobody fact checked this during the writing and voice acting process?

i also don't understand the passport thing. doesn't this imply that there was a plan here, and big boss just didn't follow it because he fucking loves his own image or some shit? it just doesn't line up with the timeline at all if big boss ever did make himself look like the medic. and the fact that when he had the bandages on he already looked like the medic (original GZ model). what the fuck?

The Boss wasn't a hero she believed in completely open borders and egalitarianism and fought until her death to preserve those values.

The first mission has some inconsistencies, most of which center around Ishmael, but the last mission kicks it up a notch and fucks with the timestamps between venom and "big boss" wake up, as well as Ocelot later being in two places at once.

Big theory is Ishmael is either a figment of venoms mind or made by the third boy, as venom took control of him at times.

For instance, the fact that big boss is still in the hospital protecting venom for some reason, when the whole point of venom is keep him away from danger, or that he fights nothing like Big Boss. Just compare how Ishmael fights quiet to how Big Boss fights ocelot or anyone else with CQC, completely different. Hell, after being in a coma for 12 years Big Boss took down solid snake in cqc with new body parts but after being awake weeks or months he cant cqc some girl who broke into his hospital room?

Theres digoxin which slows your heart not gives muscles power, as well as how it looks like Ishmael injects himself. Theres also the fact that he lacks a beard and has two eyes. The facecamo doesnt really work either, since in mgs3 the mouth didnt work on the facecamo and his mouth def works. On top of that Ishmael somehow dies during the mission, when hes shot down in the hallway, as his model is unique and its a spitting image of him, as well as the fact he goes unconcious in the ambulance when you're escaping, the instant venom is hit on his horn.

The Truth mission adds in the fact that "Big Boss" has a passport that somehow has been used in the future and is issued 2 years before tpp and had been used while venom was out, as well as the fact that passports like his hadnt been created until 1985 iirc, and its been used in the future too, like the 90s.

Then theres the fact that the big boss reveal implies venom has been passed out in a van for 30 minutes, after crashing into a roadblock, with a helicopter on his tail, that was right behind him that blew out the tunnel, causing him to hit the roadblock and crash, somehow the helicopter took 30 minutes to get 10 yards towards venom unconcious in the street. Then Ocelot somehow got back to give "Big Boss" a passport and motorcycle 2 hours after him and venom left to save miller, with enemies on their ass.

Thats just what I can think of offhand too, i know theres more.

Psst, its called an unfinished game and yes, nobody fact checked shit. They just went with whatever sounded cool.

This dude here
is holding on to a dream.

It explains it perfectly. Venom had so few lines because what was recorded for him belonged to what would have been an entirely different game.
See, the thing about reused assets in something like this it is evidence pointing to something that wasn't fully realized or discarded.
Remember, video games are expensive to make and that being said things don't start being cranked out until there is some agreement that it is the direction they're going in.
Often times when you see cut content and things that didn't make it into the final cut it is usually in the form of a storyboard, some concept art, etc.
This is also true for CGI movies (like Pixar stuff) and most animated movies. Basically, things don't start getting modeled until there is a definite direction and purpose.

MG:Survive is being announced barely a year after MGS5. This tells me that they cobbled together all those discarded assets that were already there, took perhaps the original idea to a bare-bones thing, and instead of wanting to try to come up with some unique story line or anything decided to say fuck it and connect it to MGS5 anyway.
That connection is important, though. Because it hints at the possibility that perhaps some scenes and dialogue already existed but still ties to the MGS universe.

i would have preferred some sort of explanation in-game that said venom made up a convenient story in his mind of how he made it out of the hospital and onto a boat, so ishmael clearly doesn't have a beard or missing eye and ishmael uses "digoxin" and all that. when he realized he isn't snake at all he alters the lie, shoved some shit in that doesn't fit the timeline into the already existing lie. like all that passport shit and motorcycle reveal as a whole.

so what we see in the truth ending is the fanfiction version of what venom makes himself think happened. big boss is even shown as the coolest badass still.

i also saw the big boss message tape as a "waking up the sleeper agent" thing, if the tape is real. but the tape could also not be real, just like how paz's tape isn't real, clearly.

what the fuck is even real in this game then, since it's all from venom's pov? like, the horn growing isn't real but it's how venom views himself.

i dunno. fuck. it's fun to talk about but i'm also realistic and figure it's all just bullshit and unfinished.

He wasn't a bad guy. Neither was Solidus Snake.

Solid Snake essentially fixed his fucking mistake taking down Outer Hevan and Zanzibar land.

And Raiden helped after fucking up being a team killing fuctard as well.

i-droid in the 70's.
MGS has been a series that has always had slightly future shifted tech and other things. If you're looking for inconsistencies in things like the form of a passport then you are kind of fucked because, you know, the i-Droid exists in this universe.
Not to mention that I heard one /k/ fellow once state that the helicopter used in GZ didn't exist until way later.

The problem with the drug is likely due to shitty fact checking rather than anything else.

Here is an idea I have sort of played with.
Ground Zeroes has a single main story mission and the rest are all fluff/filler. However, those other missions are always introduced as taking place at a RECREATION of the base in the story mission.
I had a theory that those missions are actually Venom being trained to be Big Boss. That he was put in and out of a coma, hypnotized, and all sorts of other shit to make him into what would be Big Boss.

As for Ishmael? I don't think he was there the entire time. I think he woke up out of his coma a LONG time ago and went along with the situation. He hung around the hospital because it was a safe place and probably actively took part in the process to turn Medic into Venom. I think Big Boss was well aware of what was happening to Miller after the fact and just didn't care. Remember, Big Boss becomes the monster AFTER Peace Walker. Miller admits to having been dealing with Cipher and in effect is pretty much as at fault for MB's demise as was Huey.
In all honesty, Mother Bases' demise was probably an surprising but FREEING thing for Big Boss.

And so, through all sort of convoluted shit, Big Boss has essentially a second chance to do it all over. A way to REBOOT things. He can push this doppelganger, Venom, down one path while he is completely free to pursue another.

No, they were horrible monsters who disregarded the lives of anybody other than themselves.
Big Boss ultimately tried to make a world of constant war so there would always be work for soldiers. Not realizing that many soldiers just really don't want war because they're mostly people just fucked out of options for jobs AND that war fucks up the non military populace anyway.
Solidus was going to BLOW UP A NUKE OVER NEW YORK.
Yeah, the EMP would knock shit out…for a brief moment…but he didn't take into account just how vital modern tech was to that city. He never factored in that people would be suffering without the electricity and modern technologies. He never factored in that he would be killing millions…
oh and NUCLEAR FALLOUT. what about the radiation? Solidus was a fucking madman.

He did. New York City not having electronic infrastructure for a few years is small potatoes, if it means liberating it from an AI meme lich.
That's because he wasn't going to. He was going to detonate it well above the city, farther away than would harm anyone.
Did you play the game? It's a plot point that he went out of his way to get a purified hydrogen bomb. There wouldn't be any radiation. Even if he did some fucked up shit earlier on, as of that moment, Solidus was legit trying to save the US with as little collateral damage as possible.

What if Ishmael was the medic all along, and Big Boss was hypnotherapy'd into thinking he was the medic hypnotherapy'd into thinking he was Big Boss? The real Big Boss is playing cover for the medic, who's pretending to be Big Boss. The real Big Boss dies at the end of TPP.

what the fuck did he create a passport for then? who the fuck was he supposed to show this to a year before passports became a fucking thing? this makes no sense

i-droid was made as a helpful technological advancement. the passport was simply a story plot point that they wrote in incorrectly. even then it doesn't make any sense anyway, since big boss never actually goes out of his way to change his identity.

Fox engine was the best engine ever made in the last 5/7 years. Can make a toaster run perfectly, made the best PC port ever done in a decade hands down. God damn it it even made ps4 run at a stable [email protected]/* */ user, slight drop on fps at 50 on heavy cutscenes or some shit like that. The sad part is that now will be used only for PES and pakino machine

bad fact checking.
Honestly, people give Kojima so much praise for his "attention to detail" and they think that bleeds over into plot points and visuals.
No.
His only attention to detail is in game mechanics.

Which, again, is another fucking red flag that MGS5 is a Frankenstien's Monster of several game concepts/directions.

The morality system is a broken piece of shit.
The few "decisions" you may get in terms of how to handle a mission are also broken pieces of shit.
Early hints that perhaps Miller and Ocelot were supposed to play a Devil & Angel role to Big Boss (now Venom).
That role is incredibly apparent in the honeybee mission.
And what happened to all the child soldier shit that the trailers promised? That the game hints at!?

The morality system is a broken and half-formed mechanic and that is not at all like a Kojima game.
Just further proof that we have the case of a creative given too much control, not anybody around to ground him.
Perhaps an experiment by Konami to give him full control only to realize their blunder and crack down far too late?

Look, at this point, of Kojima hasn't learned anything from the development of MGS5 and if nobody is overseeing him, I predict his next game to be a crazy fucking mess that will ultimately be a flop.

I have long since come to the conclusion that the "artist" needs a box. They can't be allowed free reign on anything or else they will self-sabotage.

Fuck, I know. My shitbox does a stable 60 frames at ultra everything. I have no idea what next gen jungle magic Kojima worked with the Fox Engine, but it's fucking baffling.

As for and any other anons who are late to the party, it's worth a pirate. I got about thirty or so hours' worth of entertainment out of it and I revisit it every so often to burn time.

The big bad secret to modern game development is that they are developing for consoles FIRST and that consoles are always WAY behind in technology comapred to a PC.

The big bad secret to PC gaming is that you NEED to buy new graphics cards every year or so. You do not.

Here is the truth. You don't even need a top of the line graphics card to play the top of the line current game. It is all a matter of programming and optimization.

You do fucking understand that Solidus' bomb was not a fucking conventional nuke, right? Likewise, if you genuinely believe that people would outright die because of fried electronics, lets be real and consider the hypotheticals involved in hospitals breaking down, you kind of prove his goddamn point and validate the power of the Patriots. Yes, no doubt his actions would evoke chaos. You do realize that revolution, that a real, genuine revolution, does not come from sitting at home and yelling about the bankers a la Holla Forums, right?

If you think that Manhattan > enslavement of mankind, a world economy based exclusively on violent military conflict fought by bought-and-sold wars you need to get your head out of your ass. He was radical, but he had a radical solution to an absolutely radical problem. Much as I hate 4's story it reiterated so heavily on what Solidus stated and did.

God you sound like a purified Solidrone.

There is so much unaccounted for in his plan.
The biggest of which is the U.S. response as a federal agency to that whole problem?

Look, power outages as a result of shitty infrastructure and too many demands are one thing…
a fucking NUKE exploding in the atmosphere, no matter how benign, is another.

Solidus wouldn't have liberated New York but simply created an atmosphere of fear and terror.
If anything, he would have cinched far more control for the patriots because while New York is cut off guess what isn't? THE ENTIRE REST OF THE COUNTRY.
Guess what isn't free from patriot propaganda? THE ENTIRE REST OF THE COUNTRY.

Solidus was a fucking retard that, at best, was being used by Ocelot to help expose something that would become a fucking great asset later.

That is the true sorrow and problems with the sons of Big Boss (other than Solid Snake). They all want to follow in daddy's foot steps only to get ultimately fucked over by Ocelot.

To be completely honest, I don't think Ocelot really has Big Boss' ideals in mind. I have always felt that Ocelot has Ocelot's ideals in mind and that is complete and total control. In fact, I believe that MGS4 spells this out quite plainly. While he is busy emulating other people he is still in service to his ultimate goal.
I don't ever thing that Ocelot was really on Big Boss' side. I think he was just playing the part because it was the side he thought would ultimately win.
Enforced by the fact that so many faggots kept wanting to follow in "Big Boss'" footsteps.

If you can't convince the bad guy to just fucking kill himself, it's a shit game.

Hence why Solidus' plan included having the Patriot's super secret stealth ship with pic related inside under his control in order to take over the massive power vacuum that an EMP'd Manhattan would leave.

Guess where the Patriot AIs responsible for controlling propaganda across the entire country are? ON SOLIDUS' FUCKING SHIP

Nigger what do you want, they sent in two SEAL teams and the best bomb-disposin jivin negro they had, Stillman.

And his plan would have worked too, if it wasn't for a washed up tool and a bumbling bitch with a sword. And Ocelot.

When will you fucking understand and accept the fact that Solidus was set up and could never fucking win because his plan was retarded from start to finish?
When will you accept that he wasn't just being played, like many a string instrument, by Ocelot to achieve Ocelot's ultimate goals. I honestly would say that Ocelot has never had anything in mind other than his own best interests. No matter what.
That is ok, though.
You can work for a company with only your best interests in mind and still benefit that company.

But if we are to be honest with ourselves and with the games as they are presented, what do we see? We see Ocelot manipulating the people who would want to follow Big Boss or somehow overshadow Big Boss.

Liquid was actually present in the original script for MGS2, so his exclusion may have been not because of the lack of foresight.

Liquid's exclusion is because Kojima didn't think he'd be making a MGS2.

You know, for all the praise we heap on him we never seem to put forth the idea that he is kind of a dumb ass.

Like he doesn't expect shit to be wildly successful to have sequels and follow ups that he might need to be involved in.

Kojima, now that I think about it, seems like a child-like retard who thinks the movies he watches and idolizes happen like magic.

Not gonna lie, MGSV serves as a cautionary tale for hypefags.

Yes it was and better yet it was great watching it happen all on this board.

However, I will say this one thing. I too fell into the hype. Me, who is usually extra fucking cautious about it, I just couldn't stop myself from being absorbed by it. The end result was terrible.
It was like being a kid, being hyped on the idea of Santa Clause, being able to go and see Santa only for him to turn out to be some homeless drunk in a red jacket that puts his finger in your little butthole.
Basically, a bad time.
That was the experience of MGS5 from marketing to actual game play.

Now the most bizarre and crazy thing to me, however, was that long after the game had already been released, after everybody had been playing it, after I had been playing it, there was some sort of big deal being made about Kojima being brought on by Sony.
It was pushed as this big FUCK KONAMI sort of deal but here was the evidence, in my hands, on my screen, and on the screen of so many others who bought and played the game, of how badly this one man had just FUCKED EVERYTHING up with his game.
And it was like I was watching some real live implementation of what was talked about in MGS2. How the narrative and context was being controlled and fed to people so they can be convinced how they SHOULD feel about all of this.

Listen, Star Trek V is a complete fucking disaster of a movie (funny how all this shit happens on the number 5, eh?) and the principal creator of the project, William Shatner, will tell you it was because of budget restrictions, hollywood teamster strikes, studio intervention, etc etc. And if you listen to him and because of his charisma you might believe him.
But if you watch the fucking movie you can see that the problems there are far more than anything he could have named as a cause.

That's the same with Metal Gear Solid 5.
People are giving way too much leeway to Kojima when he is clearly the biggest problem with this project.
From all the evidence shown, he essentially got in his own way. Tripped over himself and his own ideas and with nobody apparently able to tell him "no, stick to the first idea" he was left to make a disaster that took Konami to finally say "enough is enough, finish it" for it to actually come out.

To be honest, had Konami had not put the hammer down I am sure that we would have had at least 2 more years of very wonderful trailers with still no fucking game to be seen. It would have become a Duke Nukem Forever of the metal gear solid games except far more advertised.

Kojima might've taken too long but the game still made more than enough money once it came out.
Plus, Konami has been known to meddle and fuck up development teams before. For one, there was the whole sabotage they did towards the end of MGSV's development. And Team Silent got axed for no good reason long before that. They're not a good publisher to work under.

On another note, I feel like Metal Gear Survive won't have much significance to the story, if any. It's most likely just the remnants of the MGO team working on it. MGO would've also been great had they not fucked it up with a bunch of bad decisions.

Now it's clear, you're just a big fan of long silver bullets jammed into well-oiled chambers.

Ok, going to basically disregard your post femanon.

Ok paz.

Fuck nyc in particular. Doing us a favor already.

You don't mention it was millions.. of jew yorkers.

U mad. Calm your titties.

I think it's safe to say that everyone had their part to plan when it came to the blunder of MGSV's story, cut content and behind the scenes details.
But yes, I get what you're saying about Kojima. He is a weird one, that dude.

I wasn't asking if it was optimized, my toaster runs GZ and Rising unbelievably well. I was asking if it has been fully cracked and I won't run into bullshit like crashing or invisible doors or dialog that cuts itself or any of that.

Solidus

You have ruined tan line boobies for me forever.

It's funny, the same people who have been forcing the "I love Kojima so fuck Konami" narrative since well before the game was in anyone's hands are probably the same rainbow-haired shrapnel-faced degenerate hipster game journos that had a standing ovation at Sony's e3 conference this year where he walked down a path that lit up before him and showed a teaser trailer of nothing for a game that won't be out for another five years. These are people we shit on when they write about literally anything else, but so many of us bought the narrative hook, line, and sinker. I'll concede that some problems with MGSV are incredibly likely Konami's fault (i.e. the real world timers), but they're not why the game is so incoherent, meaningless, and padded. That's on Kojima.

WAAAAAAAGH

Yet again we come to that point.

Lowkey Solidus thread.

Don't Trash on Revengence
Revengence is MGS2 is Steroids and revels on that

Lest we forget the greatest patriot in American history since George Washington ;_;7

The initial burst is defeated by layered clothing and staying away from easily broken windows (windows that won't shatter from the blast can actually protect you from going blind if you look at the blast), the rest is also defeated by simply wearing a breathing mask for the radioactive dust and layered clothing. The rest will be absorbed and half life ensures it will dissipate by the end of a couple years just make sure you don't overexpose yourself and have a place that absorbs radiation decently enough that you can wait off what you accumulate (yes you can actually do this) and you've got a pretty good chance for survival. The biggest concern should be sperm and eggs since that will really fuck your entire lineage up. if you're in the city you'll be instantly incinerated anyways so radiation will not concern you hell you won't even notice because it'll happen in a split second.

i got a qt3.14 soldier that has all stats higher than biggu bossu
she is the legend and is a qt, snake is the past now.

you're giving kojamo way too much credit. being a hack and being unable to write a story with minimal plot holes is what he did not whatever you're overthinking

I know, right?!

You wanna fuck?

What is this? Jill? Lara?

Big Boss Man.

TPP should have been about Decoy Octopus making film propaganda advertisements of Outer Heaven

Flaming Buffalo is the legend.