Prison Architect

2.0 is out, game is feature complete. Devs say they're done releasing content updates (will still do bugfixes) but might return to the game again in the future.

So, how're the prisons coming along? I decided to jump back into this for the first time since 1.0, and because I'm uncreative as fuck I'm struggling to design a prison. I also have no idea what mods are good anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/13769417/Prison_Architect_(2.6.0.9)-GOG
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63156&start=300
volafile.io/get/LXSvPfKIw64tVA/setup_prison_architect_2.13.0.17.exe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Where's the torrent?

Don't have one, thanks to the trackers I use being dead. It'll probably be up on TPB or something within the next day or so. I'd toss it up on vola myself but my copy isn't cracked

thepiratebay.org/torrent/13769417/Prison_Architect_(2.6.0.9)-GOG
assuming this is the right version

I like it, but after a while you realize that the best way to run a prison is to have all the prisoners confined in the smallest possible cells, making them work constantly, and doing lockdowns every single night.

It's a game that rewards efficiency over humanity.
But that also means it's basically the only way to play the game well so what's the point?

How do you not know?

honestly, it's boring as fuck.. play rimworld instead

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63156&start=300

Just like real life.

Did they ever add a mechanic for bringing food to a prisoners cell instead of letting them all out to the cafeteria every day?

I'll give it a go, I haven't played since something like 0.5

Uploading the newest version to vola. 40~ minutes

This.

You can make better prison in fucking sims.

I prefer an "open house" style of prison, filled with guard dogs and armed guards, doing shakedowns twice daily.
I try to keep the body count high, which helps eliminate the problem prisoners.

is however the fuck you want to run it you min/maxing unimaginative fuckwad.

Where is the shoah mod at?

volafile.io/get/LXSvPfKIw64tVA/setup_prison_architect_2.13.0.17.exe

Vola here

Seems legit

dumb and unrealistic game that tries to be realistic
dunno if it's fun though

It's gog release you dunce.

>>>/cuteboys/

I tempted to click but I know the community there is worse than tumblr.

Checked.

IIRC even back like a year ago if you put them in solitary confinement (which you can just literally have them in permanently if they're bad news) a guard brings them food.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure this always entails unlocking the door (no food slots I guess) which makes it pretty likely (if your prisoner is badass enough to NEED constant solitary) he'll beat up the guard, steal his gun, and start some serious shit.

I remember making a prison that consisted of the following:
The guards dropped prisioners here.
Pretty sure it was a 50x50 closed area.
Corriders around the Pit. I hard guards patrolling these constantly

The special twist about this prison is the Pit itself. Let me be clear:

You can see where this is going. Prisioners would constantly revolt each other and end up killing one another. Solves the over-population problem. Of course, you do pay a penalty when they die. How do you offset it? By having the maximum number of prisioners arrive everyday. You get a lot of money right when you accept them. And the Pit is always hungry for new fresh pit.

Simple. Sometimes, a few smart-asses had the brilliant idea to NOT fight in The Pit. They'd do silly things like trying to escape.
The guards in The Runs numbered closed to 80. Everytime a prisioner was caught in there (and they always were) they'd be shot on sight. No second chances.
This also had the secondary effect of calming The Pit. Every other prisioner would suddendly be more docile.
I like to think that the echoes of the dying man's screams soothed the Heart of the Pit, and the beast was sated with the suffering.

I'll try and remake it in this new version. Hopefull it's still doable.

God damn it. The game looks like shit, but it might be fun when you get used to it.

There we go.
I barely remember how you played this shit (that's why there's random lights and rooms, still trying to remember).

This is the basic gist however.
Guys get taken to the Holding cell by the entrance. Remember to lock teh door to the prison first. After they're dropped in, lock the door to the outside, and unlock the one in.

I made the Inner area an yard and told the prisioners they get their yard all day long.
They don't get much else anyway.

Still, I see they added Remote Doors (with timed functions!) and dogs.

For now, I just like to call the riot police for shits and giggles.
5 dead so far, but the money keeps rolling in.

Gentleman, welcome to The Pit.
You won't ever leave. Not even dead.

Well, it's getting hard to break 100 prisioners.
Every now and then, one decides to try the new "Shotgun Special" served in the kitchen.

I just realized that I didn't actually make the Yard and exterior, so the snipers won't help much. Or they'll need to learn Karate.

Either way, I'm rolling in dosh.
I'll remake the Pit properly tomorrow.
It's kind of amazing that it works.
I assumed there would be actual penalty for letting 100 people live in a hole filled with piss, vomit and corpses.
Not even the guards like it, but they at least can beat up somescum to let the steam out.

Oh and, I put the kitchen there to see if they'd pick up the plastic knives and start shanking each other.
I think they did, but they get brained right after so…

Final touch I was missing for the next version.
To avoid FPS lag, there is indeed a way to remove dead suckers.
Doesn't make much sense to make actual healthcare for walking corpses, but morgue slabs for ACTUAL corpses clean them up rather nicely.
Noone makes questions, not even when 8 ambulances show up at my prison.

Prison Architect is the sandbox and tutorial mode of a game without the campaign. Once you bore yourself of the idiotically easy sandbox gameplay there's nothing. They've already got the coding for random events stuck in there, a campaign is not difficult to make: choose a theme (e.g. earthquakes, no armed guards) and objective for each level and go.

Also letting people walk over objects and through each other misses out the essential people management component of most truly great management games. Inspired by games like Theme Hospital but without understanding why they're so great. Corridor and room design doesn't need to vary beyond size concerns because they'll just walk over anything in the way. This is another part of the reason the game is so easy.

I played Rimworld and that seems like a game for cucks.

The gameplay consists of building shit only to have someone tear it all down and there's nothing you can do about it. The only "challenge" is learning all the things that can come out of fucking nowhere and fuck all your shit up, once you're aware of all of them the game is easy as fuck unless you rack up the artificial difficulty. And by the time you've done that, you've probably seen all there is to see in the game.

Last test for tonight.
After confining several prisioners to The Pit and forcing them to leave with corpses of those who starved before them, what happens when you tear down the walls and offer them liberty?

They do not escape.
They are trapped within their own mind.
80 people trying to squeeze each other onto a 7x6 area.
They're afraid of leaving. The Pit is all they know.
Sure, maybe the Pit is death for them.
But right now? Anything else sounds much worse to them.

I'm a great Warden.

It's a social simulator/story generator but their isn't enough depth right now for it to make interesting stories.

Same as Dwarf Fortress and every other game like this, really. The only thing to fear is the RNG because putting together a functioning colony/fortress/prison is piss-easy when everything is going right.

I like you user. Keep up the good work.