Not even a month

archive.fo/DS8H8

DISNEY BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Star_Wars:_The_Last_Jedi
archive.is/lYDlS]
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-franchise-crosses-4-billion-eclipsing-disneys-lucasfilm-price-1070624
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For the sake of reference ESB came out in May of 1980 and was top spot for nearly 3 months. Even then, it made twice as much money as the next spot so any stupid as shills trying to pull the "EP5 was divisive when it came out" bullshit can just fuck right off.

Even the prequels lasted as number 1 for far longer.

JUST FUCK MY MOVIE UP FAM

Check the talk page of Wikipedia for this movie.
The editors are desperately defending the article not mentioning the extremely negative fan reaction, they even locked the article.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Star_Wars:_The_Last_Jedi

thanks drmuft smfh

Even EP1 managed to stay in the top 30 for nearly 7 fucking months. And this was the same year The Matrix, The Sixth Sense and Toy Story 2 came out.

B-b-but everybody hated the prequels!
My favorite movie review eceleb youtube channel said so!

It's weird, because the only one that didn't dominate was EP2 which came out a week after Spiderman 2 and Chamber of Secrets. These movies had massive competition, less so for EP3 imo, yet they still topped charts for weeks and months yet EP7 and 8 come out like the last fucking week of the year, with zero competition, and can't even stay in the top spot for a month. It made more money, sure, but at what cost?

You know what the real sad part is? None of these movies mad jack shit compared to Gone with the Wind. Adjusted for inflation, that movie made nearly 3 fucking billion dollars in the US alone during the great depression. How fucked is that?

That point was laughably dumb when the shills first shit up our threads with it.

they make a good point though, an audience opinion poll after the movie is over is more legit than an anonymous internet poll

I hope anyone who responded to them sincerely was just a sockpuppet.

It was. The box office was like 55% of the first movie and the reviews were mixed.

It was the only big movie back then.

So still massive and your excuse was people had to watch something so it was just Star Wars repeatedly for 3 months.

Adjusted for inflation?

t. Holla Forums

Only the first one, as that year was when inflation started getting really fucking ridiculous. Imagine the value of a dollar dropping by a third within 3 years. also none of the inflation calculators I can find go back any farther than before the instating of the Federal Reserve. How bout that?

Careful lad people are shot for less in America.

Not attack of the clones

Meant to say Spiderman 1 here.

Disney had so many good ideas on paper.

Ex-stormtrooper protagonist. Turns into nigger insert.

Luke having a crisis of faith is also an interesting idea, just executed horribly.

Rey though, she was clearly written as a child character. Why they cast an adult as her I dunno.

Only to an edgy teen in 1995.

Trying to avoid the prequels I would think. They didn't want maximum podracing to occur.

or we could compare it attack of the clones you brainlet

nomgold yurompf btfo

According to this article
[archive.is/lYDlS] hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-franchise-crosses-4-billion-eclipsing-disneys-lucasfilm-price-1070624
>The feat comes as 'The Last Jedi' prepares to jump the $1 billion mark at the worldwide box office
What I wonder is if all of this will turn into a kind of scam: make crappy movie and sell it worldwide, even if it's not at the top for a while, enough suckers will pay upfront to cover any cost.

The problem is Kathleen Kennedy is a hack, who ruined any decent ideas.
Except they didn't give him a crisis of faith, they went all out to a 10/10 he has given up and become a neet. And then a powerful womyn comes along and takes his skill and his glory, beats him in a duel, proves herself stronger and doesn't even need to be trained by im whatsoever. From a literary or plot standpoint, it's terrible. The plot of TLJ is on par with a 13 year olds power fantasy daydreams.

A far more interesting question is whether or not Kathleen Kennedy had Disneys support to do all this retarded shit. She's obviously destroying a ridiculously high quality brand Disney spent billions to pay for.

More like retardedly bad writing that reduced an iconic character to a sad hermit, coming full circle to what Yoda was reduced to, sans the actual rock hard convictions that the misguided Yoda still held.

The only reason Luke was written that way was to pave way for the "female force" trumping his entire life's accomplishments, not by rising to the occasion, but by retroactively robbing Luke of his success. The only female force at work is the one forcing female characters to appear better by forcing male characters to appear worse.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle was unironically great.
I want to go see it again, unlike the new star wars.

I think the worst thing is that Rey will start the Jedi school and become the founder of the Jedi order, a role which was Luke’s and which everyone wanted for Luke, but which Disney decided Rey would do.

A movie about a fledgling Jedi Order could have been so good, with Luke as a sage and a young Jedi (say, Rey) learning the ropes and having adventures, maybe encountering the evil nephew LARPing with Imperial Remnant and falling in love with him. Something positive with an upbeat, forward looking story about the growth of the Republic and the challenges it faces. But that would have been truly risky, since it had never been done before. Much easier to copy ANH and ESB with feminism.

Anons could shit out a decent trilogy in five minutes compared to the trash Disney has done.