Fate Thread

The Marvelous Schizophrenia of Nero Edition

New info came out, new vids, link below
please use archive.is/2016/08/26/elizabeth-bthory-gawain-lu-bu-get-gameplay-trailers-fateextella/

Because sadly they have a monopoly on these videos, it seems, and I can't find them anywhere else and making webms of them all the time is a pain.

Other urls found in this thread:

semiticcontroversies.blogspot.ca/2015/01/how-jews-and-not-christians-started.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
u.pomf.is/ajywlq.mp4
my.mixtape.moe/vjhxvf.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was just going through Nero's intimate exchanges in Extra and I realized something very interesting–

Nasu is a hack.

No, really, he is and the absolute imbalance of whether to present Nero as a villain or as a dindu nuffins wavers throughout the whole game. It's infuruatingly inconsistent, and the little bio you get on the servant card or whatever basically brushes off the entire crux of Nero's despotic name, you know, the flagrant and horrific extermination of Christians.

That said, I think something great came out of his inability to figure out which direction to go with this character, and that is the very quiet not to both lurking insanity and longing for Christian love.

First, at numerous points throughout the story Nero makes it clear that, despite what the bio says and despite what the idiot protagonist likes to think on his own, she did indeed
- set fire to Rome
- persecute Christians
- make blood-sports celebrated among her people
and just in general act like a blood-letting fiend.

The story first gives us an incredible moment where Nero, as prideful as she is, at last admits that the reason she never gave up her identity to the protagonist earlier was because she was sincerely afraid of what he would think of her. She knew her reputation and the genuineness of her concern (to the point of tears) is really something.

How would Nero behave if he was resurrected as a Servant? Prideful, entitled, haughty, obsessed with the arts, etc. Sure, but what about his past? Would he hold regret all he had done?
—Sadly this gets deflated the instant Nasu decided to be a typical Jap and bang on about "muh pride" and how beautiful "muh pride" is and that regret means nothing with "muh pride", but the real soul of that moment was in how she found acceptance from the Master she was coming to adore.

Acceptance? Yes, and more…

Earlier than this we get to assume what kind of emperor Saber was before we find out her identity. If we say that she was likely a very benevolent ruler, she begins very excitedly, desperate to affirm our assumption as the truth…and then she falls silent. The narration tells us that it seems something, a memory, came to her mind then. And so she closes the conversion by saying her asking us to guess what kind of ruler she was had been a "tasteless" question.
This is the first instance of genuine humanity we find from her. The other dialogue options produce gag jokes to some extent. Yet here we begin to see real flesh and bone in Saber, and real remorse.

Even earlier than that we learn that Nero detests the Deus Ex Machina contrivance of old plays, wherein a deity from on high would descend to fix everything right, right all the wrongs, and give everyone a happy ending. And yet, though she detests it, the particular story she was spouting off about to the protagonist inspires her.
Why? Why is this story different for her? Because it exemplifies why people need a Deus Ex Machina– that is, an external force and deity to make everything right.
Saber even says as much, and then, before the discussion is through, she makes a certain allusion to her own desires (which we can figure come from her final moments).
Yet another sincere, quiet moment from her, and our first instance of a particular kind of longing…

Jumping ahead, Nero begins telling us of her life story by comparing it to a story, a grand drama, and so she closes off by doing the same. Notice, however, that this is very clearly not a fake story for her. She relates true events to a play to distance herself from them a bit, like anyone in pysche 101 can tell you. During the story Nasu flits again back and forth between "Nero just loved too much" and "muh pride" and "Nero nindu nuffins but she was totally evil and crazy but NUFFINS!!"

Nero automatically assumes that the protagonist knows the truth of the mystery of the fire in Rome which many claim was started by Nero, and which is said to have been in part the catalyst for Christian persecution by Rome (because it's said that Nero was being accused and shifted the blame onto them, which I'm sure the Jews of the Sanhedrin were all too happy to help that notion along). This is a HUGE HACK COP-OUT
Why? Because then Nasu would have to do the hard work and research genuine history and bring up the horrific persecution of innocents at Nero's command, and, you know, that's hard.
Or maybe it would just make it hard to sell plushies of her. Who knows?

Then, finally, Nero and the protagonist brush against a certain subject without fully mentioning it: Christian love aka agape love.

Didn't read, but Nero is best saber.

Iskandar master race

Why are there so many Sabers?

Nero did nothing wrong.

semiticcontroversies.blogspot.ca/2015/01/how-jews-and-not-christians-started.html

In the Fate universe Nasu said they all have a common ancestor, in real life Takeuchi is the president of Type-Moon and head artist since Saber is his waifu and prints his company and Sony a lot of money.

He only thinks she's beautiful because she's unobtainable. Apparently Mashu is closer to how he images his personal waifu material.

Watch it for yourself.

When on the subject of the Roman people's "betrayal" of Nero (it was the other way around, Nasu, that's why it ended up that way), Nero begins describing the fundamental flaw between the people she loved yet who did not love her.

>But the love the masses embraced was something much more tender. I did not see that.
>…No, I did see that. But then what they called "love" was foreign and incomprehensible

The protagonist then keeps a vague leg on a hedge between thinking she just loved too much and that the people did not understand her love–even though nero's words are very self explanatory.

She even states outright:
>I regret that I could not share in the love the masses embraced so naturally.

The most telling moment, however, is when the protagonist produces their own conclusion as to why Nero hesitated to kill herself so many times. Nero, flustered, said it was because death is frightening and painful, but the protagonist considers the differences in Nero's love and the people's love and concludes:

Fear of death
Denial

I have to love, the way they do

Why is this so interesting? Because agape love as defined by the Christian faith is known as a godly love, the highest form of love which man can only know once they repent of their sins, accept Jesus Christ as Lord, and enter into the redemption of God. This form of agape love?
Is self-sacrificial love which demands nor expects nothing in return

More than just Jews and even Cretins were turning to Christ during Nero's day. The early church was exploding in number and size, and for all the persecution it continued to grow. Many Romans, the untouchables of the society, were even hunted down and tossed to the lions as sport or crucified and/or set on fire in public. It was a nightmare.
And yet, try as Nero and his ilk might, he could never quench the erupting fire of the church.

In short, I believe this moment and these words are an allusion to Saber's inability to grasp this newfound form of love that was sweeping her people, and by comparison, the mad love of their deranged emperor was no love at all– even though she, in her delirium, believed it to be.

In the end her final thoughts were on that form of agape love she simply could not grasp and had never received, could never receive. Perhaps, from those final moments, comes her sympathy for the desire of a Deus Ex Machina, a savior of sorts which could right all these wrongs and give her the love she so dearly longed for– and yet, it would seem, not even God (the ultimate Deus Ex Machina) had mercy on the pitiful suicidal despot.

TL;DR While the writing is atrociously schizophrenic I think it actually works in the end, and though Nasu's gotta Nip hard with his "muh pride" insertions, Nero is ultimately an excellent form of living irony: The very thing she would become infamous for bloodily hunting down was the very thing she would blindly yearn for in her final moments

Of course, this is just my take on all of this. I like the character a LOT in Extra despite Nasu's inability to just keep a consistent focus on what kind of character she was.

oh okay
yes

That's retarded. Even Hitler is closer to being innocent than Nero.

Because Saber is the Mickey Mouse of Type-Moon

Meh taste, really

Even Nero mentioned something like "I don't care if you call me Whore of Babylon" or something when she was giving her tear-jerking confession.

Is Nasu retarded?

the Antichrist is a person
the Whore of Babylon is a PLACE

THIS IS BASIC ESCHATOLOGY, YOU STUPID HOLE
And the idea that Gawain, one of King Arthur's great knights, a knight of England during the Medieval period, literally on the search for the Holy Grail, would just forget what's actually written in New Testament is beyond moronic.

This is yet another instance of Nasu being a hack, or maybe he just got his understanding of Christianity and history from Evangelion.

Anyway, I didn't just post these sweet sequential dubs posts because I wanted to talk about how great Nero is.

I also wanted to show why you're liable to hear a gunshot when Fate/Extella comes out and Nasu utterly undermines and/or RUINS this character.
I don't even know if he's already done that in CCC because I can't read runes, but it's possible. Hopefully not since that's still maybe being translated by a fan group on a Lain blog.

But seriously, considering all the swimsuit and moe-moe stuff I've seen and things like this, I have a feeling Nasu forgot who Nero even is and just made her Tsundere-Arturia, Haughty Semi-Loli edition.

What do you guys think?

The Whore of Babylon is the Catholic Church, autistic Nerofag. Everyone instinctively knows it. Only Catholics continue to deny it.

Still not a person, so it would still be retarded for Nasu to put it on Nero.

Nero is assumed to be the Antichrist of Revelation (he isn't), not the Whore. Nasu is stupid.

And besides, it's not the Catholic Church (as heretical as it is). "Mystery, Babylon" aka "the Whore of Babylon" is Jerusalem.

And apparently biblical Christians do too

vid related

Also, citation from the source:
- Revelation 11:8

Also note two things:
1. "Daughter of Zion/Israel" was an affectionate name given to Jerusalem (as seen in Psalm 9:14)
2. Israel and Judah (and on certain occasions, Jerusalem in particular) is called a "harlot" and a "whore" for its people's abased adultery and turning from God

tl;dr Jerusalem is the Whore of Babylon, the same place where the Abomination of Desolation (Antichrist calling himself God in a newly reformed temple) will occur in the End Times.
Since Jerusalem is a place, not a person, and since the Antichrist (who some moronically think is actually Nero) is a person and not a place, it makes no sense to call Saber Nero the "Whore of Babylon"

tl;dr for the tl;dr Nip writer didn't bother to look into his subject matter and made an ass of himself, as usual when they do this

Here's the upcoming Extella OST

Saber Attila
This theme feels like Castlevania a bit

Actually found this: All four themes so far
Main theme
Saber Attila
Saber Nero
Caster Tamamo

DID SOMEBODY SAY BABYLON??

How would this work, considering he's the most blunt serial rapist in the franchise?

JUST

It's okay, user
She understands your failures

The strap-on.

Archer theme when?

Yuri

Why anyone not named Atilla, Nero, or Tamamo are demoted to general since the whole story revolves around those three.

SABER A SHIT

TYPE MOON IS DEAD

Not really they made a lot of money selling out to Sony and F/GO made them a decent amount of money. Tsukihime remake is never ever since Nasu is too busy with DS3 DLC later on and BB2. Saber is also #1 in the popularity polls with Arc #5 and Aoko #7. To Nasu and Takeuchi everything that isn't Fate was a mistake.

I don't give a SHIT how much money they make or what characters the niwaka have gravitated most to. They're as good as dead to anyone with any sense of taste.

Fate is embodiment of everything that is wrong with japanese popular culture.
Zero is the only worthwhile installment in this entire trainwreck, and even then it's mediocre.
I blame people however, tasteless masses buying and allowing this garbage are the cancer.

Where Gilgamesh flies a giant golden magic jet?

You see how you undermined your point right there, mate?

I just chalked it up to her Noble Phantasm or it's just Gawain doing what comes naturally and using the implications of "Whore of Babylon" being a woman to insult her. Besides Gilgamesh being overbearing and hovering over her judgementally for not being the best whore there is, is a missed opportunity.

Oh and the Whore of Babylon is both a place and a person.

Nah, I take it as Nasu being retarded.

I really hope we get something like this in Extella now. This would be hilarious.

Almost too bad they didn't make Caligula a servant instead. He's the emperor most known for his infamous sexual debauchery. I'm sure Gil would have loved hanging with Cal.

Just a place, user.
And the floods and great waters she (atop the beast) rides on is people– mankind to be exact.

Seriously, check out the vid I posted.

Come on.

Shamhat, she's a whore hired by Giglamesh to fuck Enkidu.

What's the easiest way to start playing Grand Order? I've always waned to try it out but apparently it can't be emulated on PC anymore?

kHDFKmJ2jr

Should've waited. Prisma Illya Collaboration Event is right after Summer Event.

I get the other 2 since they're fuel for my semen blaster, but who the fuck designed Saber?

Only a few were actual characters, user.
Most of them were still one dimensional slabs of plot progression.

Nasu creates the outlines Takeuchi creates the design its up to the artist to draw them in their style. The guy who draw Julius Caesar said that he had to be fat when he got the letter.

They wanted to make her look like a

Actually it's Arco Wada who designed Saber and Caster
Brilliant Brown was designed by Huke, the Steins;Gate guy

And that still isn't an argument for how retarded the magic jet was.
You can't hand-wave that away. It's the make-of-break of utterly desolating the audience's suspension of disbelief when ancient heroes of old suddenly pull out a magic golden jetplane.

And? Does logic and internal consistency count for nothing? People who say "BUT FICTION THO" neither read good fiction nor do they write good fiction. They are the popcorn-heads of readers.

So what did she do wrong exactly? You fail to mention any bad things about her.

Fate has always been garbage though. A few memorable scenes but overall just complete garbage.

Do you have a single point to back that up?

Number one: Shirou is the protagonist.
Number two: Fate/Prototype is the only real Fate

Fate/Prototype is really bad though, everything is Arthur and Manaka winning.

Takeuchi ruined that possibility.

What of it? Shirou is not a bad character, nor is he a bad protagonist. Obviously someone who has only seen the 2006 or 2014 adaptations will assume so because of the change in perspective, but there is nothing wrong with him in terms of how his written. There are things wrong with him mentally, which makes up a good portion of the plot to Heaven's Feel.

This is objectively wrong on the basis that the series is quite a bit larger than this. Fate/Prototype =/= Old Fate and Fragments, the only ongoing contribution to its story, is much weaker than F/SN in most regards.

Secondaries leave.
SECONDARIES LEAVE.

You have an A+ rank in being retarded.

Secondaries leave.

No one cares about F/P though Japan already proved it and Nasu only cares about what the Japanese thinks.

it sounds like you're saying that reading the VN makes you a secondary, if thats the case you're fucking retard

Secondaries leave.

Learn reading comprehension.

Everyone knows the story though its common knowledge its just no one cares about Prototype Arthur since he's boring and a gary stu.

Fuck off secondary Takeuchi-loving scum.

The most common complain about F/SN by secondaries who have never actual read the VN. Shirou comes across as unrealistic in a visual adaptation because his actions are viewed without the perspective of seeing why he thinks the way that he does. To someone reading the Fate route, he most certainly seems retarded, because he actually does have severe mental trauma, which gets hinted at towards the end. UBW challenges him by forcing him to go up against Archer, allowing him to mature as a person while still holding onto his ideology, and making him an overall more dynamic person. But the definitive route for Shirou is the Heaven's Feel route, which spends a great deal of time exploring what makes Shirou into who he is.

Hollow Ataraxia only continues to elaborate on this through both comparing and contrasting Shirou with the character of Avenger. Though I suppose you've never actually read it.

Nasu wrote Old Fate a very long time ago, and used the notes from it as the basis for creating Fate/Stay Night. Fate/Prototype was made along with Carnival Phantasm to show the possible alternative. It takes place in an alternate timeline where there has only been one prior Grail War, with a male King Arthur and different variants on the selected characters, along with a few replacements, such as Perseus and Medusa. But it exists only as a 15 minute video. The only addition to the story is Fragments, which is being written by another person entirely. She's also not that great of a writer, and the story is quite weak, especially due to Manaka being a shittier prototype of Illya spliced with elements of Shiki's third personality.

The only interesting thing in Prototype is that it provides an interesting "what if?" into things. But the ideas from Old Fate which were scrapped were scrapped for a reason.

Merlin is a girl in Fate/Prototype while Gareth, Arthur and Mordred are men instead of being girls in regular Stay Night.

Which is all for the most part irrelevant to the story. The more simplified way of putting it is "there are no gender swaps except for Merlin" from what has been shown.

I suppose Merlin being a girl may be relevant to /Prototype with regards to Ayaka and Arthur, but considering that side of the story has never gone anywhere, it doesn't mean much.

Ok so you just have shit taste. Shirou can't be excused no matter how much backstory you give him an its not about relating to the player like the excuse you're trying to pull. The constant bullshit and deus ex machina pulled out of the game's ass in order to save Shirou in all those occasions where what you picked should have been a dead end is inexcuseable no matter how much you fanwank.

And that's only counting Shirou being a shit character, not even touching on the poorly written plot, deus ex machina present for other characters/not directly Shirou related and the just overall terrible fucking execution of the VN.
So you definitely admit you don't know shit about the story behind F/P. About how Takeuchi drew saber, fell in love with her and refused to do the FSN project unless Nasu rewrote it to include his waifu. Destroying the original F/P as its called now (which had begun during Kagetsu Tohya) completely in the process and resulting in the current abomination.

In before you try to rewrite history. I bet you don't even recognize this image.

Its more that Nasu woke up one day and decided that Merlin and Arthur are his OTP, according to GoA Merlin changed because of Arthuria.

When did I say it was about relating to the player? I said its about him as a character. He's certainly not easy to relate to.

Like what? Try to actually read the Tiger Dojos from time to time. Shirou could very easily have died multiple times. He survives because in contrast to what some shitty authors would have you believe, the protagonist of a story does not usually die prior to the conclusion.

No, I read Heaven's Feel, and you're an idiot.

Perhaps you should touch on them because you clearly don't understand.

No, I'm telling you that you don't actually know shit. You're parroting bullshit and memes you've heard from people bitching on imageboards because you saw the anime, read the wiki for a bit, and then decided you have enough "Fate credit" to start discussing things.

There's not much point arguing with you because you're wrong, have an A+ rank in being retarded (as has previously been stated) and quite likely an EX rank in autism.

Did you just post a barebackers avatar, faggot?

Fate is shit.

An example of deus ex machina? Avalon.
AKA the most hated route and the very last you get to. Which doesn't excuse anything in the two previous routes. So since you base your arguments on the last 1/3rd of the game you have to agree that 2/3rds of the game is shit. And nobody likes Heaven's Feel. Not even Sakurafags. Not even Mind of Steel fanboys.
Since you love it so much let my first example be Sakura during the entirety of Heaven's Feel route. The shittiest writing imaginable ever created.
Don't understand what? What a deus ex machina is? Its when something from out of nowhere comes to solve everything. Again, Avalon.
All I hear is "waaah waaah I didn't hear about shit unless its from post-2014". I bet you still listen to the mass media too.
Fuck off secondary.

Its related to Fate/Stay Night for anyone who knows their shit. I won't blame you for not knowing it. But when someone like 20f38d tries to puff himself up and pretend he isn't a secondary I'm gonna bust it out and tell him he is a fucking faggot who don't know shit and listen to corporate bullshit created long after the real story has been swept under the rug.

No Fate is by far the worst one, mainly because how unbearable OG Saber and Shriou both are.

Fuck that noise, Shirou is a good character. He's the tin man from Oz, Sisyphus on his mountain and Nietzsche's ubermensch rolled up into a fluffy housewife package.

10/10 would literally marry-tier protagonist.

How times have changed.

Foreshadowed throughout the entire Fate route.

It shows exactly why Shirou does what he does in the other routes and is placed at the very end for a reason.

Opinion discarded. It's generally considered the best route for a very good reason.

There are no Sakurafags.

Sakura is an unlikeable character throughout HF because she's the least interesting of the characters in the HF cast. That does not make shitty writing, that just highlights the quality of the actual good points.

Literally TV Tropes tier definition. Try again.

You could have your own Unlimited Blade Works with all of the projection you're practicing.

Because it's a fucking Get Backers forum avatar. I'm glad you browse lots of forums. Why don't you link us your Tumblr while you're at it?

Nigger even back in 2008 people hated Fate. Get your head out your ass.

Confirmed for not getting the fucking point of the VN.

He's also getting possessed by the legendary swordsmith Muramasa according to the Fate/Grand Order material

And a deus ex machina from the moment we run into Ilya and Berserker on the way home (from Church the first time we go there if I remember correctly). POOR WRITING.
Doesn't excuse the previous two routes for omitting the things in the last route. What happens later does not excuse something that happens earlier when it is of this magnitude and length. POOR WRITING.
This is bait.
Loves the route where 90% of the time is spent either interacting with Sakura or reading from her perspective.
Hates Sakura

I am not the only one seeing a contradiction here I hope.
90% of the route is shit but that just makes the few shining moments (that I admitted to in existing) so good that they excuse the other 90% of the route? Do you understand why you have discredited yourself yet?
Literally literal definition. Try again or do better.
top kek
Secondaries leave. Its closely related to Fate/Stay Night. And just confirms the previous point that you don't know shit. Why don't you just tell us that you first heard of FSN in 2014 already. Or should I be generous and let you get away with being someone who was hooked after the F/Z anime?

Either way you've completely shown yourself to know fuck all about FSN so I consider my job here done.

The VN is shit. Its poorly written. Its that simple. No amount of "he just doesn't get it!" isn't going to excuse shit writing.

Actually I shouldn't have said the church thing because he's probably going to dig into the VN for 5-10 minutes just to see if he can prove me wrong. He's that kind of autist.

Hol' up. What? Who? This guy?

Fucking FGO, I've been trying to ignore it, but all those pictures of Archer with Excalibur and the new Sabers…

When you literally can't see the thematic growth and resort to saying shit like HF being the least liked route which has never been true.

I can with a fair amount of certainty state that you really didn't get it.

It's alright, you're dumb and cannot into themes. That's hardly the end of the world.

EMIYA has a comment for Ishtar who is going to possess Rin and for Muramasa and Shirou's VA said he was going to voice a character in the game.

OH GOD

Parvati is possessing Sakura

Oh but that's very wrong. I know exactly when to stop, and it's right about the moment when the person resorts to cruise control for cool and starts sperging out with reply posts because he's slipping himself around.

Still, there is one last line to acknowledge for pure entertainment value:
Everyone else here seems to be calling you retarded user-kun. You sure showed me.

That's actually kind of fitting.

Taiga is going to be a servant too Jaguar Man is going to posses her

Ok.
Ok
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Ok now you're just shitting me.

It was leaked since day 1 of the game where dataminers found the data

How does it feel to be getting bullied again like back in school? Are you like a reverse Persesus where you're the rumored less successful version of Shinji?

Damn that's some heavy projection there after you realized you had no argument.

I don't think you understand what a Deus Ex Machina is. A DEM is used at a climax to salvage a situation that has built up so far that it can't be reasonably solved, ergo the name.

Avalon was a heavily foreshadowed and thematic element that represented Shirou's role as Saber's waifu; of how to protect and allow a blade to rest. Calling it a Deus Ex Machina is retarded because the entire route was built up from the ground for it: from how Shirou was actually saved as a kid when he should have died with everyone else to how he's dreaming about Excalibur even before Saber shows up to Shirou surviving and to Shirou dying simply based on whether or not Saber is close by to the actual climax where its true abilities are revealed.

See first part of

No, see I'm replying to that post you moron.

You're a fucking idiot who doesn't understand that the route itself was written entirely around the concept of an idealized romance where one is a sword and another is the sheath. Her name is Saber for fucks sake you dense little shit.

At least attempt to know what you're talking about before you talk shit, you don't even know what a fucking deus ex machina is.

Definition of deus ex machina

: a god introduced by means of a crane in ancient Greek and Roman drama to decide the final outcome

: a person or thing (as in fiction or drama) that appears or is introduced suddenly and unexpectedly and provides a contrived solution to an apparently insoluble difficulty

And my post is calling you out for not reading it.
Oh boy an actual autist.

No, you're ignoring my post because you're an idiot.

Oh, oh. You one of those morons who think that arbitrarily redefining words for arguments means that you're right.

Hell, it's a thing way before the third day. It's the reason why Shirou was the only one from that part of the city who survived, the reason why he can't use proper magecraft, the reason why he was able to summon anyone at all and the reason why Rin was able to fix his fucking heart.

I mean, doesn't the part where he's all healed up a day after literally dying in a fire strike you as odd? Or the fact that he mentions never ever being sick in his life?

The entire fucking route is built on Avalon, it cannot be a deus ex machina because if you take it out, the entire story from the beginning doesn't work. No part of Fate works without Avalon. Literally no part of Fate works, if you take out Avalon.

Go take a community college class on classical theatre you fucking moron.

Hypocrite, you already ignored mine by stating "Avalon was foreshadowed" after I provided an instance where it hadn't yet was used to solve a scenario where the character should have been dead. Then again autistic people don't understand a lot of things.
No I'm one of those morons who don't care for retards who think they can get out of an argument just because they can state a definition. Nothing changes except the term to use.

Oh yeah, because Shirou dreaming about Excalibur before summoning Saber isn't weird or anything. Hell, Saber being summoned at all isn't odd or anything, given the major importance placed on Catalysts and the fact that no fucking ritual was prepared for the summoning. Nothing weird about Rin being able to heal his heart or the fact that he was fully healed a day after having literally died.

Nope, no foreshadowing. None at all.

Unless you have proof that Avalon was foreshadowed to be a "get out of jail free card forever" and made him literally immortal to most things then no it was not foreshadowed.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Have you even read the Arthurian legends? You know the part where Morgan le Fey steals the scabbard is kind of big deal there, because, oh hey! The scabbard is pure fucking bullshit!

Merlin says you're a fucking moron.

So you admit that you don't.

Just FYI the Star Wars prequels aren't excused by the "expanded universe" either.

there's only one version you need to care about

It's like the entire point of Noble Phantasms just completely eludes you. Like I've said numerous times: you're a fucking moron.

Nasuverse Merlin wasn't very bright sure he could see to all possible futures but he let himself get cucked when he gave Arthuria a dick and let her sister rape her until she use magic to produce Mordred.

Don't worry I understand that your autism won't let you admit your own faults. Try not to get so mad though.

You're literally this retarded.

But let's go with the VN alone, then. Because let's further hammer in just how wrong you are.

I already mentioned Shirou being literally resurrected in the first scene in the VN from his point of view. Or how about Rin restoring his heart which shouldn't have been possible even with the pendant. Or the fact that Shirou's literally never been sick or have had to go to the dentist. Or how Shirou's been mutilating himself for 8 years and is still not a cripple.

All information that doesn't relate to the scabbard being inside of him and it granting him almost invulnerability due to the audience not being told such feats are impossible.

Autist just stop. Just go on thinking you're right. We both know you are damaged and are incapable of admitting your wrongs.

Oh yeah, because murder mystery novels spell out the killers identity before the murder occurs. The bloody point of the route is to slowly reveal the cause for the obvious fucking inconsistencies.

Did the part where no one knows how or why Shirou survived being chopped in half not tip you in on it being a mystery?

Oh yeah. Yeah. I see what you mean. I mean, it's not like Rin literally explains in the first scene that magecraft can only accomplish what ordinary humans can through science and effort.

I mean, all of that shit is completely mundane and normal, right?

Read the fucking VN.

Autist you are just embarassing yourself. Call your handler or something.

See, your posts get shorter and shorter as I prove you dead wrong every step of the way.

Fukken rekt.

Just keep believing that. Shhh shhh calm down.

No arguments, Quod erat demonstrandum.

Calm down autist. Calm down. Yes you're right. Shhh shhhh, don't think about everything you've been called out on and never responded to. You're always riiiight. Just be calm like your handler is telling you.

So as I was saying, Fate is fucking awesome.

ロリユリ最高

Kuro's matplay is quite exquisite.

I'd be laughing if Kadokawa offered to give Sony more of their stocks in exchange for allowing the Prisma crossover that or they offered to make From make another Soul game.

ur waifu is literally a slut

Message, right? The faggot who didn't know japanese and went on a hissy fit whenever someone asked if they are going to translate Ataraxia? The guy who went "It's better if it's not translated because it's shit, no need to tell you why, just know it's shit"?

Just because you can pull up a picture from a dead forum doesn't prove shit user-senpai, especially since nobody really used their forums, everyone was on Beast's Lair.

wew

Will Prisma!Illya be a secret character in Fate/Extella?

Faggot here is just trying to argue for the sake of arguing. Its pretty obvious

No the deal Kadokawa/Bamco struck with Sony was too late even with DLC characters Nasu had already plan which characters will be DLC

Should collect everyone thst supports psychology, put them on an island and watch the island swim away in disgust.

thank fucking god

Besides no one knows the crossover between F/GO and Prisma is an actual one or just a couple of CE.

You know he's right Avalon isn't a Deus Ex Machina at all, in fact it happens so early I fail to see how you could call it that or even be so upset about that. Bad foreshadowing maybe, but Deus Ex Machina it ain't.

To add: the writer for Fragments is in love/lust with Manaka, as her character was justified as a Dindu Nuffin sheltered innocent, despite clearly shown in Fate/Prototype (or Old Fate) as a remorseless, irredeemable psychobitch (I know there's people here in Holla Forums with a thing for yanderes, but with Manaka is all yan and no dere all day erryday, even with her beloved Arthur). This obsessive lust for a fictional 2D crazybitch continued to the point the same author wrote yet another spinoff called Fate/Labyrinth, which featured Manaka jumping to another universe (because she was bored, duh) and taking part in yet another Grail War reimagined as a dungeon crawler type quest with Arthoria of FSN as the Saber of that world.

…Yes, it's that fanfic levels of cringey.

And supposedly Fate/Labyrinth was made as the story for a proposed dungeon crawler RPG video game that may actually still happen.

Fate/Labyrinth was just created so Nasu can retcon/explain DA, while explaining whyDAA don't exist they are weaker in Fateverse because of the Human Order which is the antithesis of them

And EMIYA continues to be cool enough to make me buy this fucking thing.

Gonna need a Vita or a ps4, too. Fuck.

it's not available in my country

I-I know I'm not going to get my king in a bathing suit, but I'm going to attempt to anyway!

So anons, Gold Team, White Team or Black Team?
Or independent if you're a faggot

u.pomf.is/ajywlq.mp4

I've only watched /zero and ufotable's ubw, but isn't Saber a bit overpowered?

yeah so what? she's a legendary hero and many of the other heros are just as op if not more

Nasu didn't write Extra, secondary. He wrote CCC. He did damage control editing on Extra, which ImageEpoch's team fucked up during its development while not under Nasu's supervision.

Because Takeuchi controls Nasu and Type-Moon.

i thought nasu was the guy in chrage, how does takeuchi have so much power? is it because naso is lazy as fuck so he just gave his power to him or that takeuchi is the only one who can get him to work?

The only thing I know about Fate is what I've seen in Prisma Illya. Seems like shit. Why are you autists arguing about shit?

Secondaries.

To clarify, Nasu in interviews presents himself as very mousey and quick to cosign what others do. This went fine with Urobuchi the time they worked on Zero, but most times shown he capitulates directly to Takeuchi. This has its pluses and drawbacks.

Best routes in Tsukihime? Twin maids, Takeuchi's idea.

Arc's original fashion? Takeuchi iirc

The shitty PS2/PSV epilogue to Fate/Stay Night? Takeuchi begging Nasu for a better end for Saber.

The various clones after the fact? All Takeuchi.

There IS another factor, and that is essentially Saber is Japan's number 1 waifu, so they want to see her face everywhere. Left up to Nasu, we'd see more about Medusa, but eh, Takeuchi.

Because they're passively familiar with Type-Moon. And Shiki can kill Servants.

The only real similarity between that and Fate is they share characters. It's a fan-made parody, so it's hardly fair to judge the entire series based on it.

so he can write some pretty manly characters but he himself doesnt have a pair

He's Japanese. I think it's honestly more about humility and not being assertive than it is him being a pansy.

To note, Extra CCC was supposed to be the LAST venture in the Fate franchise on a whole. Yet here we are several years later with at least three new book series, a phone game, and another spinoff sequel from Fate/Extra on the way in game and anime form.

Either he's too humble, or his investors have something on him that milking Fate dry.

Sources, user.
Do you have them?

He signed the deal with the Devil, user.

You can't just end a franchise as lucrative as Fate once they get their hands on it

So why is Sakura worst girl and Heaven's Feel worst route?

You mean the early interview mags, as well as the shit that circulated on beastlair, 4/jp/ and iichan? Yeah sure lemme pull them out my back pocket NO. It's been six years and the archives of shit then don't exist anymore.

Because you're a waifufag in a series that was never about the waifus. It was about the women and the story. Waifus a shit.

So Sakura confirmed for shit then? Got it!

Fair enough

It was because Mayoho didn't sell to Nasu's expectation and Japan demanded more Fate.

Didn't DDD essentially do that already?

Try reading the entirety of the posts you respond like that to

Don't call Shirou a woman, it's rude.

Also, warosu has archives for /jp/ back to 2008. I went looking and I can't find anything concrete suggesting that Nasu didn't have full involvement with Extra. If he didn't, he should stop slapping his name on shit as scenario writer.

Very good point

Nasu and Takeuchi are lifelong bros, with Nasu being a sort of sub in that relationship. Hisui & Kohaku from Turkeyhandle perfectly show that:

Iirc it wasn't just that, it was that they had originally intended HF to end with HF Normal, but Nasu thought it was a bit too much so he wrote HF True as well. In hindsight, he thought that left Fate a bit unbalanced.

Though, I agree with Urobutcher that Fate works best as an idealized romance like in a Greek myth, so the original bittersweet ending is better.

HF Normal when Shirou dies is the best fucking scene in the VN.

Oh man, the Gawain Lancelot shitposting in the comments is great.

Fuck, the game literally tells you all of this, too.

No, DAA guys exist as just stronger DA, their titles as DAA don't exist in the Fateverse Nrvnqsr chaos was revealed to have fucked up in the first crusade according to Fate/Strange Fake which cause Richard and the Hassan at that time to team up to fight him.

Unavailable in my country
archive.is maybe? Screencap some I want to see the funposting

Where is it canon that Gawain beat McRapeface?

my.mixtape.moe/vjhxvf.mp4

He got caught in his own bullshit and is trying to seem hip, nothing to see here.

Daily reminder white team a best

Atilla seems slightly miffed but these two look like they took it real bad

Are you talking about Saber Arturia ?. Well yeah King Arthur`s legend is well known throughout the world. If I don`t recall correctly how well known a hero is, has an effect on the heroic spirit`s power. That`s one of the reasons well known heroes like Hercules and Gilgamesh a pretty powerful as well. I could be wrong I forgot all of my Fate lore since the last Fate related thing I was exposed to was the 2014 UBW.

Yes popularity = power in Nasuverse, the more renown you are the more stronger you also has disadvantages because most Servants and Masters know the thing that killed them in life

So when's Alexander the Great going to be a spirit.

It's not just about what killed them. Knowing your enemy's legend would tell you things like their personality (which in turn would tell you things like whether or not you could do things like use hostages as leverage against that particular hero), their weapons, special abilities, their physical and mental strengths and weaknesses, and all other shit like that. Basically, the kind of info that can massively let you shift the odds in your favor in a fight.

I guess you didnt read/watch zero

I have not watched/read any of this. Was she sexy?

It isn't just the more renown. Local renown is important. Even the Nips know about King Arthur and Hercules, lending to their strength when summoned in Nippon.

It stands to reason that a Hercules in Greece would be even more powerful.

What the fuck

What you want his lily form

Not gonna lie, this ended with the best laugh of the thread

why was alexander the greatest

Fuck off gook. Nearly all threads coward braying. None of the scum above or below this post in this thread belong in life.

Psychology is cowardice.

how did he go from trap to

BARA

puberty hit him like a ton of bricks

He started lifting the bricks

WHY CAN'T THIS BE MY SERVANT?!

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE TRADED SABER FOR BEST GILGIRL?!

THE PAIN OF NOT HAVING BEST GIRL HURTS SO BAD

Something about "being embodied how his men saw him something something Dragons Age: Inquisition audience"

Looks like Shirou really got the upper hand there

No but seriously, I'd like a Gilgirl route or something. Might just do with Atilla in Extella I guess