Tank Vidya Thread

Well it is known that most tank vidya sucks, but what about combined arms games like Arma? Any mods that make them fun?

Or failing that just post cute tanks.

What tank from WW2 would you bang anons? poal.me/9hfuyw

They are still cute user.

Although now you got me thinking about WW2 Armored Cars

Could have waited a little more before making another tank vidya thread tbh.

I've always wanted one of these

Luchs a cute

I bet you hate Hetzers as well you faggot?

Sad thing is a lot of armored cars were awesome and some were even better protected than tanks! Especially Britbong ones which were on par with Panzer III's and IV's with protection.

What are your guys' opinion on Jingles? The guy has pleb taste, but I still love this old bong. He's also doing a great service in igniting historical awareness (at least for WWII) in kids and teens.

He has a comfy voice sort of like watching Bob Ross but when it comes to games? He's pretty shit and gets a lot of things wrong.

He's alright. If anyone admits to liking QuickyBaby though, I say we lynch him.

QB used to be okay. Before he became popular his streams were pretty fun.

What the fuck is Battleline Steel Warfare? Any user know? Just more F2P trash?

Did someone say tanks?

Fuck we are going to get a healslut thread aren't we?

I hope so mein fuhrer

I got Hitler dubs
Shit what have I done?

At least you didn't summon Holla Forums

What do we need tanks for when we can have giant robots in there place?

if EDF4.1 supported deathmath for more than 2 people we could have battles featuring giant mechs stomping on tanks and whacking helicopters

Say what you like but Battletech funny enough has some nice tanks.

Mods don't make or break milsims like ArmA. Who you play with does. You find a good squad of buddies to bro-op difficult missions with, you will have hundreds upon hundreds of hours of fun. If you're alone, you might as well refund it.

That's because battletech is more about combined arms tactics, between planes, tanks, troops and mechs, than just mech on mech violence.
And on the subject of good tanks in BT, how about those Regulators? Moving cross country at nearly 100 miles per hour, with more armor than most heavy mechs and a gauss rifle, for half the BV of a good heavy mech, is just nuts.
And they come in an artillery variant too, for when you need to hit a target 20 miles away while ignoring counter battery fire.

Man I wish MWLL never got ceased and desisted by PGI. We will never get a real combined arms Battletech game again!

What do recovery vehicles look like in Battletech?
I'm imagining some sort of giant, wheeled crane that has to roll out when ever one of the robots trips over.

You aren't far off.

Any mech will be able to stand back up on its own, given time, a competent pilot and no battle damage.
The MFB, mobile gantry posted pics of is for field repairs and stripping useful salvage from wrecks left on the battlefield.
An alternative would be the Tonbo aerial transport/salvage VTOL. It can carry 112 tons of cargo in those legs under it and has an internal cargo bay for carrying up to 12 tons infantry and equipment. The idea is that it can quickly swoop in after a battle, grab any mech left behind and fly them back to a friendly base for repairs. More pricey than land bound recovery vehicle, but faster and, assuming you have local air superiority, safer.

Have some more battletech tanks.
Shamash and Kruger are light scouting vehicles.
Sekhmet is a medium tank.
Manticore II is a heavy tank.
Hepgaestus is a hovercraft APC with a modular weapons setup that lets technicians replace its weapon loadout with a different one in about an hour, being able to switch between a variety of lasers, missiles and EW equipment, to better suit it the situation in the field.

Some of the tanks in battletech look alien.