Batman Arkam Series

How good are the Batman Arkam games? Since I haven't played any of them I might as well grab the remastered version.

good goy!

I'll give you a warning because you got trips. The "remastered" versions have significantly worse graphics across the board, and run like absolute dogshit. I'm talking Xbox 360 launch title graphics and sub 20fps at all times. Here's a video comparison if you won't take my word for it, though it contains spoilers.

But look at all that bloom they added! Clearly it looks better!

[code]shit[\code]

Asylum is great, City is good, Knight is mediocre at best.

That was neutral answer.

Now here is real answer.

Kill yourself you shill marketer cuntfuck.

Don't

first two games are good

Dont buy the rerelease, the original runs fine
Asylum is pretty good. The combat may have a very low skill floor, theres a lot of gadgets, moves, and enemy types that can make it satisfying. Stealth segments are fun as well, but nothing to write home about. The devs took a lot of inspiration from MGS, albeit the cutscenes arent as long (thankfully), the story has a good pace, and boss fights are emphasized. Has audio tapes, lore, etc about the batman universe, which is fun to read. Secrets, Riddler puzzles, and NG+ up the replay value
City is like Asylum but a little less focused
Origins is like City but shittier
I havent played Knight but i havent heard anything great about it

The combat, as many people say, is very simplistic on lower difficulties. Higher difficulties remove the buttom prompts that tell you what to do. However you don't really get to use all your gadgets in combat unless you do the combat trials.
I'd say the combat isn't terribly shallow, but it's pretty clear the devs did not want to make it hard or challening at all in the game.

The rest though is really nice, if you like batman you will like the games. It has a lot of attention to detail, all the villains you want to see are there and the story isn't terrible for comics.

Fuck off, OP

I fucked up with the greentext

Only Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are OK. The latter is debatable.

Asylum is really good from story and setting standpoint, but gameplay is pretty damn monotonous and bosses suck big time. Best riddler riddles and challenges.

City is an improved Asylum basically. Gameplay is smoother, there's a ton of new shit to do and gadgets to play around with. Story is kinda meh tbh and the ending felt rushed as fuck. Second best riddler riddles and challenges.

Origins is a shittier version of City. Play this if you liked the city. The story has some browraising moments and the bossfights are inventiveā€¦ somewhat.

Knight a shit. Seriously. Repetitive grindy missions and sidemissions, city feels empty as fuck, the storyline is focking-wot-m8 tier and batmobile is overused and boring as SHIT. Visuals are fucking gr8 though, probably the most gorgeous game on U3 Engine. Play this if you have a raging hardon on anything related to batman only. Fuck you, Riddler.

Asylum is good.

Arkham City is the best.

Origins is meh, but ok.

Arkham Knight is fucking amazing, but only if you can configure it to stop crashing every 10 minutes. I managed to do it, but it still does sometimes run into a fatal error.

Is that literally just an increase in contrast?

Yeah, just buy the originals, the remasters are a fucking joke.

Asylum is the only game I really enjoyed because of the rock bottom expectations. When City came out, it wasn't some different; it just made everything a bit bigger. It was clear this series had no trick up it's sleeve and became formulaic and a bit boring. WB will milk this until it's absolutely bone-dry, though.

The entire series is a solid 5/10 series. Not worth your time, play god hand instead