Ideaguy Thread: Weapon Edition

So I'm making an FPS vidya and I need to fill up my design doc with some new shit while my new rig is getting shipped to [country].

Post cool weapon ideas and/or designs - if you need a theme to work off of - for the longest time I've been thinking of designing weapons with a slightly phallic theme, because female characters handling them is lewd.

Please don't sperg out too hard - this is not a post about one game, it's a post about weapon designs and your ideas in general. I'm just here to take notes.

you know what would be cool, some kind of stake launcher that makes the projectile go behind your enemy and pierces it's heart then brings it to you and you can use it to get some hp back

yes i know it's fucking retarded

Revolvers.

Stakeguns have been canonized by fucking Painkiller. I think we're going to have to wait a few years before you can use that design without it being a "ripoff".

But user, what kind of revolvers? Real revolvers are already a thing in vidya.

Yes, and?
You saying there can't be any more?

I'm saying you need to add spice to them, instead of just shoving them in there tastelessly. For example CS has an AWP - it's motto is "one shot - one kill". That gives it character, style, and respect.

In Quake, there's the rocket launcher. The rocket launcher can speed you up, help you jump higher, or bounce off a wall.

See what I mean? Add a spin to it.

Otherwise, if you don't want to come up with a gameplay "thing" you can always just think of a cool gimmick a revolver could have design-wise.

Fanning the hammer is always fun when games let you do that. Ricocheting bullets are also rarely done.

I don't really care whether revolvers have a gimmick or not. If a game has them I'll use them.

revolvers that revolve around revolvers so when they fire their revolvers the revolver revolves

Among my favorite weapons not seen in vidya include the 4 tube rocket launcher. With little effort I think you could easily make the design more phallic. Another good one to make phallic is the always classic Tommy Gun.
And another fun idea for a phallic weapon I think would be a flamethrower that ejaculates napalm for strategic fire setting later on(Or as a slick surface to trip up enemies with)

Phallic doesn't always mean looking like a penis, really, it just has to have that sexual "fuck shit up" air about it.

A good example of a phallic as fuck weapon would be the Desert Eagle - powerful, shiny, sleek, strong. It fucking oozes vigor.

hand held pile driver

The first image is the M202 "Grim Reaper", a four-tube incendiary rocket launcher.
Obviously the second image is the modified M1A1 (notice long barrel, grip).

I don't mind OP using real life wepons in a fictional vidya gaem.

Issue is patents and licensing. If OP doesn't contact the companies that make the firearms to ask them if he can use their product in his game, OP may be sued.

Gatling Rocket Launcher
Enzyme Squirter
Ballsack Grenades

Your third idea has technically already been made and copywritten- the "Sliquifier" from Black Ops 2 Zombies. Sorry OP, you can't use that third idea unless you ==really== change the outward look of such a weapon.

Yeah and it's a badass rocket launcher that I've only seen in one game and then I've seen a parody of it in TF2 with the Black Box weapon. Needs to be in more vidya, it's a rocket launcher that fires four rockets without needing to reload, what's not to love?

If you want weapons that ooze vigor then the M16 with undermounted m203 and heat shield is always a good choice.

spinwheel

Rate Cliffy's new gun

A .50 BMG open-bolt rifle.

The grenade launcher from Unreal 2 was always fun and somewhat unique. The gimmick was that alt-fire switched ammo type between a variety of grenades to suit your need, from gas or napalm to simple HE, EMP or whatever. This lets the gun be not just a n00btube that spits explosions, but carry a variety of alternate uses and a high degree of adaptability you don't normally find in just one weapon, while letting you switch modes without having to re-equip your gun every time you change ammo.

Another gun my mates and I have been tossing around ideas for would be a borelauncher. Basically, it just shoots those scaraps from the Mummy that digs into their victims flesh.
When it hits it starts doing increasing damage over time to its target until they remove the scarap/maggot like thing chew through their insides. This could give a team medic a minigame to try and pull off in the middle of a firefight as he has to try and remove the thing while the bullets are still flying.

Heard of guns that shoot swords?

Well, swords that cut guns. As in - their swing produces shooting guns!

am i pumping gas or shooting people here?

Meh.

You're pumping lead. I know it says plasma, fuckwit.

The Light Launcher: A Rocket Launcher that deals no damage, but can propel enemies (and you) over cliffs if you're not careful. Infinite ammo so it's great for speedrunners.

The Faraday: An electric kind of weapon that sort of jumps around like static electricity, lighting dark corridors until it hits an enemy and electrocutes them. Takes time to recharge but very handy in dark places.

The Backgammon: a big, powerful blast that only shoots behind you. Perfect for ambush situations and escaping fast.

The Turret: a minigun so heavy, you have to stand in place when it's being used. Offers 360 degrees of rotation, however.

The Clown Cannon: A big fun cannon shoots out a clown to distract/terrify the enemies so you can shoot at them uninterrupted.

The One-Armed Jack: a gamblin' gun with infinite ammo. The catch: you never know what will come flying out of the chamber when you pull the lever.

Enjoy!

Is this Cliffy B's shitty attempt at creating a weapon that'll become as famous as the Klobb? Because if it is. He's gonna fail at that super hard.

oh that means i am pumping gas
well then

Man trap

Plasma isn't gas

for extra sexy, these are all sex positions

Steam isn't a liquid because it can be produced with water.

listen here you pathetic cuntnugget, he wasn't saying plasma is gas, he was saying it looks like it pumps gas GAS USED TO MAKE PLASMA

Gyro-jet guns never get any love.

Post girls with guns, to satiate OP's lust

MGS3 has a cool SAA that you can do sick spins with in first person and bullshit ricocheting bullets that always seem to hit your enemies.

See? Holla Forums can be pretty helpful when you decide not to behave like an autist
Do an electric sort of grappling hook that's able to displace opponents. A weapon that's suited to bring people out of strategic spots or hidey holes

That's literally what it means you fucking idiot

hey don't bully him because he wants to worship a fat dick

bully him for liking babies first handgun

I'd blast her in the face, if you know what I mean.

I've always been partial to "unique" shotguns, like pic related. Anything that can spew a shitton of lead very quickly or with much concealment.

How about a magazine-fed revolver? Comes in both automatic (pics 2 and 3) and semi-automatic (4)

Stop following me, user.

But user deagles spit fire rings when shooting

this faggot

Giant claw weapons that do more damage if you melee with them, but they also give you one shot where you shoot all the claw blades out at once and then your punches do dick all until you get more ammo.

I have good memory, I was browsing the catalog and saw this on the first page, thought it was probably the hedonistic jew from before and decided to stop by to say hi.

That revolver-thing looks kinda cool I guess.

I'm not a jew though, I promise.

Oh it's absurd, which is why the first of the two never made it past prototype. I love it when they throw parts at the wall and see what sticks.

so you agree you're a fuck boy then

A revolving carbine would be cool.

Being hedonistic doesn't mean you're a fuckboy, it' means you do what you want, when you want it.

sounds like a fuck boy to me fuck boy

this one is pretty cool

user it sounds to me like you want to fuck.

fuck boy thinking about sex, colour me surprised

Nice try, but you already made it clear quite a while ago, I don't remember how much time has actually passed. Well, you using other less perceptive goys is not really a problem. As long as you behave yourself you'll probably find what you're looking for

the videogame industry needs more flintlocks

Rusty railgun.
Fires bullets that oneshot but it takes two second of loading (due to electricity making the barrel magnetic) and it's noisy, alerting enemies when you start charging it.
Basically a reverse silenced gun.

No, I mean I'm not genetically a Jew.

I really wish we'd get like a game in a dieselpunkish setting with a bunch of weird experimental tech from the first half of the 20th century.

man those bullpups like downright hideous.

I mean… Sex is nice

Well you sure got the attitude right

why don't you just admit that you're a disgusting fuck boi who wants thick guns to unload inside you already

I think we have the terminologies wrong here. Fuckboy is a nigger term for a promiscious (straight) guy.

I never denied I want to stroke a big, fat gun.

A super shotgun with a grappling hook alt. fire which pulls small/medium enemies towards you, but pulls you towards heavier/larger enemies. The grappling hook serves to get enemies within the effective range of your shotgun, while it can be used on larger enemies to 'surf' past large swathes of enemies. Even better when used on flying/charging enemies. The grappling hook rapidly drains energy, however.

An universal rifle whose projectiles' effects depend on the direction you're moving in. Move forwards to fire a narrow ice beam which freezes any enemy it hits but doesn't kill them, move backwards to fire larger projectiles which knock back enemies, move sideways to fire a lightning bolt which chains between enemies, and stand still to charge a powerful penetrating shot which OHKO's most enemies. The lightning can be used for CC, the knockback can be used to create breathing room when surrounded, freezing exists to temporarily disable annoying enemies from any range, and the charge shot exists as a risk and reward mechanic to wipe out a line of enemies at the cost of exposing yourself to danger.

A rocket launcher which fires one rocket or a flurry of quick rockets by charging the weapon, which can be redirected to your position with the alt. fire key. For example, an enemy dodges some of your rockets, so you line the enemy up between you and your rockets, press the alt. fire key, and give the enemy an explosive surprise from behind he won't see coming. The risk is that since redirected rockets are faster than regular rockets, you risk blowing yourself up instead of the enemy if your redirected rockets zip past the enemy.

you wish fuck boy

The issue here is that weapons that change a player's movement too much or make it too hard to predict an arc at which a projectile is moving are arguably OP and evoke the "bullshit!" response, similar to noobtubes in CoD and overpowered R8 revolver in CS:GO.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying, user.

that you're gay and you want to suck dick, no I understand it clear enough fuck boy

I'm not denying the former, what I have a problem with is that fuckboy doesn't mean "gay", and it's also a gross nigger term

fucking post guns already

well you're going to make fuckboy mean gay the only way you know how by pleasuring gross nigger dicks

okay no stop nigger dicks are fucking disgusting

only uncircumsized white dicks for me, thank you

you best thank me after you swallow my load fuck boy

Didn't think you guys actually lurked around here

What about a double barreled grenade launcher revolver that you gotta pump to eject the shells?

I'm not a fucking Jew

Holy shit user that weapon is really cool

I remember your lust for shekels back when this was an actual game thread, the "you goys will give me what I want without even realizing it" too

Stop shifting my fucking words around. For the last time - I said that "normalfags will pay money, you folks will just pirate the game anyway"

a gay jewish fuckboy eh, not surprising either

You did indeed say that, but you also said something along the lines of "it doesn't matter if you don't want to help me, I've been making these weapon threads and taking notes all along! You will never know when it's me! I'll even change the game name in the long run!"

user, I said a lot of shit, but you're going to have to screencap it next time because at this point you're just lying.

Magnetic flamethrower that chucks globs of napalm and thermite mix that violently explode on impact.

But it's true, not word for word, but you did imply that you were only using Holla Forums for your own ends, and that you planned to charge for the game and also refused to open source it. You also complained how Holla Forums doesn't help game devs at all when you've been getting quite a bit of replies here. Where did your hedonistic attitude of "I don't care how you guys think of me, I'm just here for myself" go all of a sudden? There is no need to lie if you don't care. Or maybe you took my advice to heart?

Knowing the game's theme would help, but whatever I'll just throw all I have

How about a hand rail gun? Hold fire to charge and the release, those are a thing on big gauss canons for vehicles or mechs but not on infantry
Kind of like hl1 tau canon but as a ballistic gun

For melee, stick bombs are great. Literally a stick with a rocket on the end

And since im ripping off 40k weapons, lootas are cool. A heavy machine gun carried on the shoulder and ammo on the back

If you need creative ideas for energy weapons, make them work on AA batteries instead of clips or whatever. Speaking of clips, unless it's some arma tier shooter just go dumb with it: tubes, boxes, J shaped…

Melee weapons dont always have to be sticks: welders, small nail guns, makeshift tesla coils…

I have no problem with double barreled, pump action, revolving grenade launchers.

The weird things are that a) the fantasy firearm has metal cased ammunition, b) it has what looks like a touch-hole for a match and makes weird clockwork noises, c) he either fires the first two shots singly and pumps unnecessarily or d) it shoots both barrels simultaneously each time despite the fact that we only see one case eject and the last shots are arbitrarily bigger. and e) fired chambers aren't shown to be empty on the model.
and f) the bore is hilariously large compared to the grenades

Electrolasers

the current overarching idea is arena for people who crave battle, blood and guts, in an age where a Mother AI takes care of humanity with love and care that a real mother would have, and technology advanced enough where things like magic can be (made to appear) a reality.

It's still a very raw, unrefined concept but I like it.

fix'd

Reminds me of UT

I never played UT much, but from what I did play - I don't remember it having much of a story.

well it shows that you too busying dick sucking because UT has a story

oh my fucking god come up with a new thing, it's getting tiring m8

shush it's still amusing me although I'm getting tired so I'll probably sleep in abit

Jew user, just give in and help him with his vitamin D deficiency. He wants it, he needs it.
it sounds like he wants hugs too, so remember to cuddle after you bugger him

cuddles are too gay, I'm more into pump and dump

This tbh

user, UT was always way too convoluted for my liking. I jumped from Quake straight onto CS and gave UT minimal attention.

you've taken one two many dicks, your taste is all kinda fucked now

*one too many

as in the one dick that I've taken has exceeded my capacity

eurofag-kun please learn the idioms before you use em

is kind of right I'd say

I'll use your mouth fuckboy, I did say I was tired, go play UT you slut

Maybe he meant two dicks

I played it, I didn't like it much. It was a little too arcadey.

Quake is better.

A revolver but all 6 bullets can be lined up and fired all at once.

okay, now I'm triggered.

you at least played time splitters though?

I see your autism gave you shit taste as well

Hey man, great idea! You know what, you should go pitch your idea to /k/, trust me, they're gonna love it.

Yeah, although i find console shooters to be kinda underwhelming.

user, please, can you for a second stop being a complete autist and understand that different people like different games?

I forgot to include the part that folds up.

you going to tell me how you found it or am I going to have to fuck it out of you?

Of course different people like different games user. Otherwise I couldn't call out your taste being as shit as it is

A weapon that you can use to shoot a wave of flame in a cone or something like this

I found to be slow, clunky and underwhelming although I have to commend it on its attempts to make console pinpoint shooting bearable.

Whoops I meant to specify that the flames would be slow moving but deal a huge amount of damage and a dot, so you would mainly use it to pin someone down or cover your escape

Something i'd love to see is loading a shotgun with multiple types of ammo and working with the pattern you loaded.

assault bbgun

massively shit taste there, I bet you don't even like FEAR too, what a massive sissy cunt

I absolutely love FEAR, it could very well be my personal favorite single player shooter.

Good, so any crazy design's possible. There're a lot of games out there already, I recommend you to try and make all guns unique, on the game and different to other game's

Instead of a regular pistol, use the second pic on for example, instead of typical sticks or tactical knives for melee, or , etc

Also, now that you mention magic , how about two taser like guns on each wrist to shoot lighting arcs? There're a lot of options for the magic like tech setting

I expected nothing less

you're still a pathetic fuck boy even if that's the case

perfect dark gr8. timesplitters a shit.

pardon me if I don't value opinions of a smug animeface shitposter.

I love the idea of giving magic limitations that have to be surpassed by tech. I really, really want to be able to add stuff like that, especially simple but stylish things like enchanted playing cards, magic daggers etc.

That's why yours will always be shit. And even then, I remember you spamming anime smug when confronted back when this was a game thread

Oh hey, it's one of these threads. Still going to argue that being an avatarfag is part of "chan culture" now that it's a bannable offense? Since it's clear these threads are never going to stop, if you're still "making" your "game", I just want it to be fast and fluid. And there had better be weapons with a ton of kickback too. No way in fuck I would actually ever buy your game, but that has more to do with you being a chode than anything else.

you're a double shit but I've not played perfect dark so I don't know how that's like

it wasn't anime smug, it was avatarfagging using Hirame sluts

30 DICKS YOU SLUT

It still shows how much of an autist you are. And even then I remember most of those being smug.

Can't get banned for one pic, fam. I figured you'd want to know if I was here so we can get the whole party together. How's the game going? Got that prototype yet?

Of course he doesn't, don't you realize you have to spend years searching for weapon ideas before actually doing a single line of code

and with all those cock breaks getting in the way of it

I have a thing called stamina and it tends to run low, especially considering how monotonous this hobby is. Whatever. I'm honestly tired of you two shitting up every thread I make on the topic, no matter how neutral it is.

user if you wanna run around a grey level with nothing to do you should buy Nu Man Sky

don't forget me ducky~

Yes, god knows sitting in a chair typing on a keyboard to program is extremely stamina draining. It's hard enough for me just typing out replies on this imageboard, how am I ever going to make binary trees?!?

If there's absolutely nothing to do, then obviously your prototype isn't done yet. A prototype is supposed to show off elements of the gameplay and is a testing ground in order to make the game fun, so yes, that means you have to do some work to get those features functional. Sorry!

I love you too you autistic gay kike.
Next time try to at least open the compiler before tiring yourself

OP, if you want every weapon in your game to be completely unique and something that no other games have, you're going to have a very hard time.

It's not about doing something that no other games have, really, it's just about doing it well. "Muh stakegun" is a rather shallow approach, unless you have something to slap on it to flip the concept on its head.

The barrel shroud?

The Witcher 1 can be like that if you put all your points into Igni.

It's a revolver.
The only spice it could possibly benefit from is fancy engravings.

Also the first one here.
Very few things are more fun than rapid-fire rockets

revolver-action shotguns. i'm not talking the retarded infamous fallout combat shotgun, i'm talking more like pic related. i know metro 2033 had one but if you're going for the kind of game that has real heavy, satisfying gunplay, a huge-ass shotgun that kicks like a mule and makes a huge loud noise and has a noticeable revolving action is a great penis-extender

i am this retarded

Never did quite understand just what exactly the fuck those guns were supposed to be.

Like, it clearly doesn't work like the manville gas gun, and it only holds 16 rounds, which makes that wheel thing far too big even for shotgun rounds.

It's modeled like a hubcap, yet it's jakobs, whose aesthetic isn't really full nigger.