Prey thread

Greetings Domasi, it's time you post in a Prey thread

>Which boss did you like most, dual chaingun demon, Jen, the keeper or the titty monster?

Talk about Prey 2 if you wish but I doubt it'll do any good

No love for Prey?

Overrated game. Not even fun or interesting. Well, the portals were a kind of interesting, but the rest feel pretty generic scifi aylien FPS.

Bullshit.

Well, it's just boring then.

Again, bullshit.

Whatever son.

What? Won't even argue for your shit opinion? I bet you wouldn't destroy the Sphere you fuck.

I was only at the second or third level when I got bored doing shitty puzzles. I just want to shoot, aliens and this isn't the game for me.

What puzzles? Using spirit walk to flip a switch?

Anyone else seen this video about Prey 2 and it's cancellation?

The acid shotgun.
Those big cyberdom looking things.
The guys who would disappear into the wall vaginas, they were pretty annoying.
Jen, because it was pretty messed up.

Reminder that Prey did Doom better than Doom 3 did

I've only recently gotten this game but I've been loving every minute of it. Like seriously, considering the mixed things I heard about it, I didn't expect to enjoy it this much. Only thing I can really complain about so far is the obvious shitty respawn mechanic.

I don't think so, the visual and level design was pretty cool and it was about as fresh as a straight up shooter can be. It was one of the last pure FPSes that got made, not sure why sticking to the genre conventions most of the time is a bad thing.

There was a really good scale to the game, huge levels, lots of different things to switch things up like vehicle sections that didn't suck and puzzles between shooting ayy lmaos in the face. Ghost children, genetic experiments, UFO radio shows to listen to… What more do you want?

They cancelled it in favor of a newly developed Prey, and it actually looks pretty legit.

The visuals were top notch and the gameplay itself was pretty excellent, but holy shit did the game last too long. It just kept fucking going. That time you have to fly that piece of shit ship around was the worst.

Aside from that I fucking love Prey. It was weird to see native Americans and aliens mix.

I thought so too during my first playthrough but on my second one it felt just right. I'm not sure why that is.

I kind of agree, I remember doing that long tower segment and then being told I only made so little progress, but then the portal skipped most of it anyways.

Yeah, I think that segment contributes to the feeling of length a lot, you've been playing for quite some time and then the game fucks with you and makes you think it's going to last forever.

I've just seen the video, pretty gud and confirms my theory that Arkane was heavily dicked in order for Bethshit to buy them out.
I really wish at some point the version of Prey Human head wanted out happens.

I actually I assumed the Prey announced at E3 was this version and replayed Prey 1 again for that reason, then I decided to watch a video and welp.

I take it you've never played Turok the fog machine. Granted it's Native Americans, Raptors, and Aliens but the point stands but I'll warn you ahead of time that it's a first person shooter and a platformer.

What's the point of that whole "if you die you go to spirit world" deal anyways, like did something happen if you never visited it or if you visited it too much?

Thanks, Bethesda.

Turok is the only other example I can think of. Aside from that, what other games coupled natives and dinosaurs?

I still replay it each year, sometimes it feels too long other times I just want more. Game has still one of the better intro's I know of. And the game still looks good.
I didn't watch the 'reboot' shit of the Bethshit one because I know it will piss me off.

Can't take your post seriously.

It's not even a reboot, it's just a System Shock clone for consoles with the name slapped on. Literally got nothing to do with the original game or the cancelled sequel.

It's even worse than I thought. Bravo Bethesda

And bethesda ordered Arkane to not have ANY references to the original prey game.

Didn't play far in, enough for portals.

Anything idTech tweaked right looks incredible.

Around time of release far more so.

Prefer something serious now. Aliens/Universal Soldier. Professional. Not a question of what's out there. Fuck what's out there. Shoot it. What's with best. Getting better/fighting getting worse.

While I would have loved to play the original Prey 2 them making it into a spiritual sequel of SS doesn't sound that bad.

That being said, what they've shown so far was extremely bland and uninteresting, you're basically fighting ink blobs by that can mimic shit in the environment, and you do so by blasting them with foam.

Oh, and you can turn into cups and the like too. It just looks more like a gimmick than anything really interesting to play with, since I just know it will be all about hunting down an object small enough to fit through a hole and little else.

I've noticed the blobs turn only into chairs and nothing else in the trailers.

Prey 2 looked like shit.

Another game where you fight for Humanity:

Start out in dessert. All aliens the same. Butcher germans, asians anything. Butcher fucked tribes.

Be a man.

Nothing different with more enemies. Can't see land anymore them return it, the last of it left in you.

Could even make it far future. Some Indian living on the land killing cops, settlers, anything. Holding it. Strainig the cowardice from it.

Made weapons. As a base. Self counts. Add enemy weapons to arsenal ploughing through them. Don't need to understand them just need to find the trigger.

What the hell are you on?

Have never played it, downloading now, looks awesome.

You're on my fucking world. Unfuck yourself.

No unfuck you, leatherman

dont mind him, he's schizophrenic probably, i've seen him in a few threads before and he never makes sense

I just beat this game for the first time and am now starting a hard mode play through.
Shit is pretty goddamn fun.

honestly end game I ended up using the acid shotgun the most but I think my favorite was the one you had to charge from the wall to fire (the laser that was so strong it pushed you back was pretty awesome)
Either the big guys who spun around or the assholes with the jetpacks, both gave me plenty of trouble.
I did think it's a nice touch where if you knock one out of the sky they will wait for you to get close before blowing themselves up.
I did like the first fight with the dual chain-gun cyberdemon, because at the start you see him and think maybe you can handle it but it turns out everything you have does jack squat against him.
So you think maybe you just have to run away so you go duck through this side door where it turn out you are trapped.
And that one moment of turning everything around from "oh shit I am fucked" to "hell yeah I have your gun and am going to murder you with it" was fucking awesome.

I did have a few questions though.
What did that radio caller mean about "look at his his belt buckle"?
Was he talking about Tommy? I didn't see anything strange about his belt buckle.

Also it seemed like in the end game the wall sockets for the fourth slot weapon were recharging when I'm sure they didn't do that in the early game? Is there a trigger to get them to recharge or is that something they just do near the end of the game?

Yeah I noticed they recharged by the end of the game when they didn't at first. I think the trigger is just waiting a while on them. As for the belt buckle, beats me. I actually wanted to ask about that but I forgot.

Prey is great but the gunplay sucks

It was obviously one of the first PC FPS games ruined by consoles

bump

I've never played prey anyone what makes it so great?

I pirated the Linux version a while back but haven't played it yet
I also saw a retail copy of the steelbook version at a secondhand store, but didn't buy it for some reason