Smash Bros.Thread - Rise and Shine Edition

YO!! SHINES 2016 THIS WEEKEND, WHOSE GOING!?

I'm going. My Pools isn't till 12pm

Big Names that are going to Shine are:

Melee Side
Hungrybox
Mang0
M2K
Lucky
WestBallz
SFAT

Smash 4 Side
ZeR0
M2K
Larry Lurr
Trela
Marss
Pugwest

Streams

Melees Stream

twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

Smash 4's Stream

twitch.tv/bigbluees

BRACKETS:

All brackets will view able here

smash.gg/tournament/shine-2016-1/brackets

Other urls found in this thread:

gamebanana.com/maps/191719
youtube.com/channel/UC46ZTid4t2ctB6osM0WTiJA/playlists
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I also cant forget my Pokken Tournament Bros

I also entered. Pokken doesn't start until Saturday

I main Gengar and my pool isnt till 1pm- 6WX Smash 4 Sonic Player, He plays Lucario

smh fam

so you guys ready for Shovel Knight in Smash NX?

Where's the memes?

Shovel Knight in smash is a meme.

post mains.

i need something danker than that to keep me going fam

well shovel knights pretty retarded. and the sad thing is that I see em going with it

here's a (((meme)))

Do you mind if I save this?

haha, save it! it's all yours my friend :)

OP HERE

I ALMOST MADE IT OUT OF MY LOSERS POOL BRACKET

WENT 3-2 RIP

But seriously, should we expect double the roster in Smash NX or will it just be a bunch of third parties that everyone's heard of.

the NX's going to be so shit they'll have to cut out more than just Ice Climbers :^)

nah, it'll be slightly above the WiiU, so Wolf, Master Chief, Shantae and Shovel Knight will probably be the new characters

Are people still playing super smash bros over project64k? I remember a few years ago it being kinda big.

keep fucking dreaming m80
since when is nintendo known for making sane decisions
then again, master chief would be retarded enough to happen
but I foresee another 2-4 clones and some flavor of the month character, maybe another fire emblem one

i k e b o y z

lets be honest here, Sakurai was retarded enough to put in Ryu, Bayonetta and Cloud into the game while there was no newcomer from Nintendo or new Nintendo franchise as DLC. Corrin doesn't count and you know that you nigger

be it as it is, we will see at least another clone, another flavor of the month and another autism magnet in the next smash
shantae and/or shovel knight should cover the autism magnet
and I would not be surprised to see a squid kid in the next game
I highly doubt they will keep the current roster and expand from it, that'd be too good to be fucking true, especially the DLC characters

Problem there is, the only characters added for fans was Ryu and Cloud. Bayonetta was proof that the votes for the smash ballot meant nothing, and that Samurai Mashpotato and his dick have the final say in who gets in. And Corn was only added to shill Fates.

If Smash 5 is not made by him, we might have a greater game on our hands, while Soccerguy can finally rest his.

yeah, I'm hoping Super Smash Bros Victory is made by someone else, and not samurai. I'd rather he make another Kid Icarus game.

Fuck off you guys don't know what you want for the next roster just shitty ass characters

Are there any good map packs out for Sm4ash?

Base Newcomers:
Ridley
Waluigi
King K Rool
Andross
Feraligatr
Hades
Isaac
Miigician

Unlockables:
Classic Wario
Blood Falcon (just so they could give Gannondorf an original moveset)
Ray 01
Andy
Wonder-Red
Pious
Saki
Takamaru
Tin-Star
Sukapon
Captain Rainbow
Jill Dozer
Lip
Starfy
Mike Jones
Ivan
Henry Fleming
Zael
Mach Rider
Dunban

Third Parties:
Banjo & Kazooie
Dante
Adol Christian
Knuckles

Here you go
gamebanana.com/maps/191719

This list is 3rd Grader autism
Why do people keep thinking Banjo Kazooie is going to come they're own by microsoft and pretty sure microsoft killed them off that they'll probably suck off all the profits if they ever collaborated

all of the characters I listed were from Nintendo, the only reason I put third parties at all was because Nintendo's kinda forced to at this point. I listed Banjo since the first two games were a major part in Nintendo's history. I listed Dante and Knuckles to add in a third Sega and Capcom rep, and I put Adol christian there since he's the real Rival of Link. Not fucking cloud.

i'ma big motha fag so i always been playin ness n shieeet. PM made him perfect imo both fo fun n serious fun i've pissed my nyckas off plenty of times w/ him fam n it's pretty gud monica.

ayo i ain't got time for gimpin dat shieet but

Ness

Melee
falco, but been workin w/ marth l8 lee

brawl
Lucas

Smash 4
ain't really been fuckin w/ it, played it a bit @ a local but it ain't really get me fam

PM
Falco

*Ness 4 fun in ey game unless otherwise noted

F A L C O N
Every game except Brawl because they fucked him over there and I don't play it enough to really have a main.
Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Nintendo GameCube
Fountain of Dreams
Too many to name, I'll leave it at these:
Fire Emblem, Big Blue, Multi-Man Melee from Melee; Mute-City and Star Wolf/Sector Z from Smash 4

Now that he's already got a win over Hbox at the last tourney, I wonder if he'll make this a Falco tourney.

Can we not?

fuck you.

what do yinz think of the smashbox?
I think it's a pretty neat design, but I'd rather just build one, since hitbox's controllers are overpriced as shit.
The thing will probably cost in the upper 200 dollar range, knowing them.

I bustered out 2-2 in pools yesterday. The event itself was really good and it's a shame I can't make it for day 2. Will return for top 8 tomorrow. Kage and Axe are cool guys.

It's like I'm posting in a room full of strangers.

hi luigi

Bad idea on the surface; I heard when it was first announced that some movements (like shield dropping or perfect ledge dashing) were only doable because of scripts or some small automations in the device itself, which is enough to warrant any TO worth his salt banning it. It's interesting to see a case of the rest of the FGC injecting their shitty controls into Smash instead of vice versa.

I assumed it would work via the buttons restricting the input to a lower level before the signal from the button hits the PCB.
I can see it done without macros

thanks fam, i was going through withdrawal last night

thanks fam
here's another dose

just gauging Holla Forumss opinion on whether this triggers them or they agree. curious to see if I should fuck off or stay

If you're going to make bait don't fucking go out and say that it's bait, you dumb newfag.

its only bait if your triggered by it. I honestly hate the characters I blacked out and wish they weren't in the game. was curious if Holla Forums felt the same way

Looks like you need to git gud
most of the characters you blacked out are beaten by being patient instead of charging head-on
faggot

How is Luigi not a fun character?

Might as well just end it, fam-pai.

Wait what, that abomination of a chat group is still fucking going?

OP Here from Day 2 at Shine
All the top players are really short. and Im 5'11

I was with Smash sisters streaming It was so dumb. Like how are you gunna cheer for Bowser landing regular jabs while Marth has 1 stock

Day 3 Bump

OP heading back to the venue to watch the rest of top 8

Did you get any cool stuff/photos?

How much of an insufferable hipster faggot can you be?

the hipstest

been recently playing smash with my sister and buds, pretty cool, my favorite one is bayonetta.

So whatever happened with the Wavedash game

I sat next to SuperGirlKels and her family + crew 3rd row from the front. Im not even a top player and even I got hang out with Canadas best players

And yah I got Photos

kill yourself

Nice did you play friendlies in general?

Played Melee Doubles even though I'm so fucking bad at Melee managed to keep it even when I went Marth Puff and Falco

But I played so much Smash 4 friendlies I played with Larry Lurr who ended up destroying me but I got stocks off him with my Mario

Then met a friend from Canada. New Rival of mine gunna take down his sheik if I ever go to Montreal

Played alot of Pokken no one still knows the Gengar match-up

Also Jesus fuck eating 3 days of 7/11 Slurpee is
A) Delicious but not fucking worth it

Are Lyn, Knuckles, and Issac ever going to be finished for PM?

That's honestly sounds like a blast that makes me even more excited for G4 honestly.

Just find the leak build from a while ago remember they disbanded so that's your best option.

Good shit, m2k

Hey maybe this might be his year after all.

I already have the leak build. I was curious if fans of PM planned to finish what the PM devs had started.

On day one I had to help this dude find food around Boston. Then I left him at this sub shop to go do something else

From what I hear they say that if anyone decides to finish what was left over they would get hit with a DMCA/C&D because there salty bitches and the non-salty bitch members of PMDT just want it to lay to rest.

Well, that's a load of bullshit.

I know that's because I heard it from a friend and there have been a couple of times when Bubba from the PMDT came by and acted like nothing happened but when questioned about the build he said that he wanted it to die peacefully.

Like is he retarded or what? Im pretty sure thats a golden rule now

well I guess if you can't beat marth on dreamland, there is no point in trying.

Although I do recall sfat doing decently on FD at CCC.

I wonder what happened to Budda, and the Holla Forums build of PM

they're dead

I'll remove you

Not OP, but I trapped my friend into telling Kage the story about how he became a Ganon main after stealing his power by accidentally touching his butt at BUST 2.
He took it fairly well.

I'm sorry I'm trying my best when I work on it but it takes forever for me. fucking new anther's build has me scraping away at its coding and files to grab whats needed to add to EX for the improvements to netplay they have made. I haven't even been able to make the custom costumes I wanted to add yet

I am only one selfhating manchild user, I'm sorry!

Does Riivolution24 work with Project M?

Hasn't been heard of since Project M was disseminated and attempted to be covered up. Probably they're either working on their esports Not-Smash or they realized Smash's main appeal is being a crossover fighter and they gave up because they'd be the only ones playing it.

Just awhile ago they announced having strongbad hired for them and showed a teaser of their not-captainfalcon

get more anons to help you.

there's nothing wrong with taking breaks

I started working on redoing all the character names a while back
I never finished because I was having trouble coming up with good names for them
you can tell I was reaching for some of these

nice

Wew lad

dude

Bumping with some memes.

benis

Posting this for discussion purposes. I figure you're all aware of MagicScrumpy's videos. Agree/disagree with his design philosophy? Think anything interesting will come of his mods once he's finished treating the rest of the roster?

Well honestly I like his balance philosophy because like he said in the video he wants to buff everyone to be at least on par with Luigi I think which is honestly better than PM's buff everyone to be melee fox.

Buffing everyone to melee fox was back in like 2.6 - 3.0. After 3.02 everyone stared getting git with the nerf bat to be as good as say Marth, fox was even nerfed so shine doesn't kill spike until 40% and people can tech it on stage.
Do so she character have gimmicks? Of course, but that's what happens when you have a large cast of characters that you aren't just making play exactly the same. You can still beat them just with basic play as long as you learn the matchup or adapt midplay. PM has different stages and tech to melee and thus it's balancing has to take that into account.
TL;DR top players still use outdated opinions about PM and it gets parroted way too much.

Sometimes I hate andriod

Balanced Kirby actually looks fucking fun

LOL

I think scrumpy should actually think about game design and test things before deciding what is a good balance philosophy.

only if you're fox or fighting fox. everything needs to be read, anticipated, and executed properly in order to have a "death touch".

would be great if he actually listed an example of what is an unnecessary tool. would also be great if he didn't just make Roy marth with reversed hitboxes instead of focusing on Roy's strengths (fastfaller, vertical combo starter, dancing blade and shield breaker being good mixup kills).

dropped.

Well I do have to agree with you on that but honestly to me all PM really ever did was just undo the damage brawl did and bring along some goodies.

Well he did touch on the fact that the SD remix did buff Ness's dair which really didn't do anything at all but that's the only time I remember him saying something was unnecessary.

What I don't get is that he bitches about deathtouch when every one of his videos features a bunch of 0-Death combos instead of showing how a character actually performs in the neutral game.
I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say it's because he doesn't know how to fix neutral.

which is sad because neutral is where most characters suffer from.

I do agree with his balance philosophy of "find the middle ground and buff/nerf accordingly", and I'm curious to see what he has in store for the top tier characters.

However, as said,
I would like to see a demonstration of how these changes affect neutral (hopefully for the better)

new to smash, how do i get gud? are there videos/tutorial around, even for specific characters?

I can get you links to stuff later, first which smash in particular are you into?
Most basic stuff is applicable to every game such as spacing, stage control, recovery and edge guarding.

For now I guess look into sbbm tutorials like Kira for basics that can applied to smash in general.

Also most important thing, get a friend/sparing partner. Playing against a computer should be last resort (except to setting then to lvl1 to practice combos). For glory on smash 4 is also a bit of an nono but not as bad as playing against CPUs.

For playing against people you can always offer matches here (though majority of the time it gets ignored due to timezones and workdays) or you can go to anther's ladder.

Embed related is the goto beginners guide on Melee.

This channel also has a lot of extra material on specific techniques and characters.
youtube.com/channel/UC46ZTid4t2ctB6osM0WTiJA/playlists

The main thing you have to keep in mind is to always practice.

Well which smash you talking about?

Bump

Are you playing tr4sh or Melee?

If you're playing Melee, just spend half an hour a day doing movement and attack drills. The YouTube channel SSBM Tutorials has a lot of good videos about this depending on which character you choose. There will likely be an archive of some sort in the appropriate Smashboards forum with relevant videos and write-ups which have stood the test of time.

I'm assuming you've chosen a character, of course. There is a LOT of character-specific stuff, even in tr4sh.

But no, really, which game and character do you want to git gud with?