So I just remembered Hitman 2016 existed

So I just remembered Hitman 2016 existed.
How bad is it? Is it a rebirth of the series? An Absolution-level game? Worse?

Also, wtf with those episodic levels.

Other urls found in this thread:

gdcvault.com/play/1023812/-HITMAN-Season-1-From
gdcvault.com/play/1023872/Level-Design-in-HITMAN-Guiding
gdcvault.com/play/1023793/Working-with-an-Embedded-Team
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its shit.

wow

also, who thought it was a good idea to put auto-lock in a stealth game

Square Enix management trying to crash the companys values so some other company they're sercretly working for can buy it out cheaply later.

Are all the episodes even out? Apparently the retail version will becoming out next January but I can't find anything about upcoming episodes on the wiki.

Then again after watching my desire to pirate dropped.

dont even think about it, just keep playing silent assassin and blood money, and hope to god someone buys eidos from square

It's Denuvo and always-online so I don't give a fuck.

But I do know it has scripted NPC movement that only activates when you get near, so the world doesn't even move around you like pretty much all the other Hitman games. So yeah they dun goofed.

Maybe if they release DRM free or at the very least just steam/minimum with no constant server connection and fix their fucking shit I'll consider picking it up.

Is it just me or did that look VERY forgiving? At times it almost reminded me of Splinter Cell Conviction.

you niggas are forgetting hitman in general is forgiving. Besides the first entry they're all casual puzzle games, fantastic games, but they're not difficult in the slightest and are all very streamlined.

there's 2 episodes left, usa and japan. right now it goes paris-sapienza-marrakesh-bangkok

i would say the difficulty in hitman comes from doing certain types of runs like suit only or silent assassin

other hitman games npcs just moved around in a rotation unless it was a specific level where the person was due to escape

the game has some bad optimization issues but otherwise its great
as far how good the levels are it's sapienza>paris=bangkok>marrakesh

Hitman 2 is not forgiving, since you can't run by people or you get caught. Blood Money is where the series lowered the skill floor.

If you walk you'll be fine regardless of difficulty. The only hard stage is the last one in the church, and the second one in Japan.

i always got found out walking past guards in hitman 2 and found running past to be the superior strategy

Well… The fireworks are pretty.

It has good graphics, cool game.

Aside from shit marketing and episodes its good

It really is complex and true to the roots like BM
Definitely worth a pirate when it comes out
Good game

Way better than absolution for sure.

gdcvault.com/play/1023812/-HITMAN-Season-1-From

gdcvault.com/play/1023872/Level-Design-in-HITMAN-Guiding

gdcvault.com/play/1023793/Working-with-an-Embedded-Team

More triple A trash. Don't bother.

Too bad since there was a time when the franchise was good.

Yeah, I mean sure it's Paris. There are American tourists. But the general population speaks French.

You'd think with a decent budget they could hire some French (Canadian) voice actors.

What happened to all the webms?

The user deleted them.

From what I have seen, it looks pretty damn good. Certainly not like Blood Money but it seems pretty damn close.

All I know is that it was unplayable at launch

If we are talking about getting the highest rank Silent Assassin is probably the hardest Hitman by far.

ask again when it's released

It has denuvo. You aren't that big of a fucking retard that you'd support it, are you?

It's also episodic and pretty much copied Absolution's mechanics. It's shit.

?

Every time a thread like this happens, I wonder how many people who are saying the game is shit have actually played it. Same thing happened with new Doom.

Unless those settings can be turned off I have enough reason to know this game is shit without playing it.
Also

It's better than Absolution, and it's reasonably entertaining. There's not much content, though - only 4 levels so far with two more planned. They do a thing where you have ~10 different targets with increasingly autistic restrictions per map to try to make it feel like there's more content, but there's not more content. Never ever content.

The gameplay itself is pretty good. It's on the easy side like Blood Money, but the core of the franchise is there. Just make sure you turn magical look-through-walls mode off and magical i-know-who-can-see-through-my-disguise mode off also. They're checkboxes in the option menu that are on by default so that casuals don't go screaming for the hills.

But for the love of fuck, don't pay for it like I did. I don't even know what I was thinking. Yeah, it's fun and it's Hitman, but it's 25% the content for 100% the cost. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo.

They can be turned off. All the garbage can be turned off.
More content can't be turned on, though, so there's enough reason to still avoid the game.

Oh, yeah, good point.
Everybody in every country speaks English with an American accent like they just dropped out of a wormhole from Planet California.
All of the voice acting sounds like it was done by about 5 different people, and everyone from chefs to rich VIPs to super-elite soldiers and bodyguards says shit like "What's the haps, dude?" to you when you're wearing a disguise they're fooled by. Or security people will say college dudebro shit like "We got this security stuff on lock-down! Hellz yeah!"

There is no immersion to be had here. Everybody is a clownshoe jackass.

he looks like sans

better than absolution (not saying much)
doesn't hold a candle to blood money

for shame satan

its gotten better but its still really shaky, i get crashes frequently. you can pass on this game still
i was able to play for hours with no issue right before bangkok and now it crashes every 30 minutes since that update. other people report the opposite happening

Try using "verify integrity of game cache…" function or ask hitmanforum and IO support about your crashes.

Because Hitman 2016 has crazy amount of dialogue. I think even modern "RPG's" such as Fallout 4 has less lines of dialogue than Hitman 2016. I did the same thing 5 times and each time NPC's has different dialogue.

Such a shame the voices are so American-ish.
Also,

crack when

man this yuri faggot has his voice in every game
okay that made me laugh

Agent 47 is handsome

He reminds me of young picard

It's not the best Hitman game but it's SO much better than Absolution. I like it.

denuvo
:^)

latest level with same guy

What are those German-like spiky hats?

I fucking hate that. Won't buy it just because of it

This.

Hot trash

It crashes when trying to install on my PC. Refund in process. After Absolution I don't really know why I bother with these anymore.

I never played an hitman game, where should I start?

You should start by doing your own research

silent assassin -> contracts -> blood money

Blood Money.
Hitman 1 is a puzzle game with a shit difficulty curve and some (most) levels are awfully hard.
I have done Hitman 2, but I cannot remember it.
Hitman Contracts is nice (also, it remakes most of the levels of Hitman 1, but better).
Hitman: Blood Money is GOTY.
There is no other Hitman game.

So I'd say you should play Blood Money. Plot-wise, the only thing you have to know is Agent 47 is a genetically-engineered assassin.

47 chromosomes

Jesus fucking Christ.

New Hitman is almost BM tier.

DENUVO
E
N
U
V
O

Where the fuck have you been? Denuvo games are getting cracked now.

So what are the good denuvo games? I don't think I've seen one worth pirating.

It propably would be well liked around here if people could try it before buying.

Check your ableist privilege.

Warhammer Total War
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided