Why is this the best vampire video game ever?

Why is this the best vampire video game ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamebanshee.com/news/117694-vampire-bloodlines-v9-6-unofficial-patch-released.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ggnore

You'll have to elaborate on that, user.

What about this user?

you play as two vampires girls and two other girls that are featured in previous titles that kill a bunch of zombies in this low budget churayzee game

Well, you got me there, user.

I happen to be in the mood for a vampire game, and found VTM:B on my library, and judging by what I've read so far, it's the best vampire vidya ever.

And also has a pretty big following, the unofficial patches are a must, or so I've read.

gamebanshee.com/news/117694-vampire-bloodlines-v9-6-unofficial-patch-released.html

Must be a pretty solid game, if people go out of their way to maintain a 12 year old game.

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions on the subject – I've also found Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi on my library, but it's not as highly regarded as Bloodlines.

Sounds too weeaboo for my taste…

Yeah come to think of it, it has nothing to do with traditional western vampires.

Try out castlevania in general.

First, fuck off summerfag.

Secondly, VtMB is a cRPG, the combat is clunky, the game is rough around the edges and the closer you get to the ending the more it becomes apparent the game was rushed out by the publisher.

And, yeah, it's the best written vampire game around.

It's a randomized FPS game. Your goal is to rescue all your family members from the various monsters in the castle before the time runs out. Item, enemy and hostage placement is different each time you play the game, and something that means you will end up in unwinnable situations.

Other recommendations are the various Castlevania games, but especially Symphony of the Night, and the Blood Omen/Legacy of Kain series of games.

I really like the idea of Nosferatu. Ugly sewer people doing espionage and hacking computers in relative autonomy from the well dressed establishment that is dependent on their services. They're like romanticized basement dwellers.

Because Vampire: The Masquerade (along with Vampire: The Requiem, and most of the rest of the Classic and New Worlds of Darkness) is jolly fantastic.

And playing it as a video game, there's no possibility of accidentally playing with a grimdark edgy Mary Sue player at the table.

Here's what you need to do user. Take your dad's gun, swallow the barrel and pull the trigger.

Everyone in the thread will be happy, your parents will be overjoyed and all your mates in high school will cheer that a faggot is dead.

end yourself

But I'm reading that the unofficial patches fix all the bugs.

I have Blood Omen 2, and the Legacy of Kain games, if that helps. I've never played a Castlevania game in my life sorry anons, not a console fag

This one I've never played it, I'll keep that in mind I have the bad habit of purchasing bundles and piling up games, I have to burn through my queue somehow

Sounds like you're familiar with the table game, did it translate well to vidya?

Morrowind Bloodmoon

get an emulator

and the mods do fix the bugs
most of them but some mods like restoration can add some bullshit that is a bit iffy in terms of enjoyability. like the library
also the new world of darkness has not had a video game made for it
as far as im aware of. thank fuck for that

Not to worry, Paradox is on top of it.

But you can be a vampire in Morrowind.

I don't know, probably because you said it and anyone else has shit taste.

i was trying to remember who got the rights now
mfw

That's not Dude Sex: Mancum Derided

How can people even touch a game with a cover like that?

The best part of tabletop roleplaying games (and this applies particularly to the nWoD, since it has a much more fluid canon) is that you can mix and match and ignore the parts that don't appeal to you. The nWoD rulebooks (well; the newer ones) do have these sidebars you're posting that acknowledge things like gender identity, but aside from one sample character for Mummy that (I think) didn't remember its original gender, I can't think of any points where it bleeds out of those sidebars. So they seem to be there more to acknowledge trans/whatever players, and give them rulebook-side encouragement to still play the game, and make whatever kind of character gets them into the role.

There are actually examples in the books where a sidebar or two about 'gender identity' turns up, and it's absolutely appropriate- like in Demon: The Descent, where player characters are basically alien metaphysical robots that bargain for people's souls in order to take 'cover' in their identities to hide from the God Machinne, and may jump between covers with physical sexes, ages and races as necessity or preference dictates. The sidebar in this example just clarifies that an individual demon might prefer to stick with covers of a particular sex for a sense of continuity and stability, or might just not be fussed about it.

A sidebar about making sure your players are comfortable enough with what's going on in the game (and incorporating systems that let awkward/new players declare that the game/storyteller/other-players are going into too much detail), aren't unique to WoD. Most games have these kinds of sidebars, since it's important in any tabletop game to ensure all the players are having fun. I've played with many different groups, and it's never come up- but you still hear horror stories sometimes about groups that have fallen apart because either the storyteller or a player took something nauseatingly far, so that's why it's there.

That one about 'memes' in Mage doesn't seem like a problem to me, though. It's just talking about the memetic spread of viral thoughts and phrases, which is a relevant subject for Mage. Unless you're just getting mad that they dared to use the shorthand 'meme' for this purpose.

Definitely did in the case of Bloodlines. It absolutely nailed the Gothic-Punk aesthetic, and incorporated many of the fringe mysteries of the setting in the best way - such that it gives a sense of a wider, stranger world beyond just what the player sees. I haven't played the Hunter vidya, so I can't comment on that.

There's occasionally a discussion on /tg/ about what other World of Darkness games (new, or classic) would translate well to vidya. The Mage games in general seem far too intricate and customisable in how spells are handled to realistically translate faithfully, for example. Some New World of Darkness games are popular suggestions, but since nWoD uses uncertainty and storyteller discretion to determine what is and isn't 'canon' in a particular group's game (rather than having a huge and detailed, if sometimes restricting and a bit ridiculous, meta-plot like cWoD had), there's probably more room for things to go wrong. It would depend even more on the developers' vision for it.

Changeling: The Lost, despite being pretty much a game of supernatural abuse victims hiding in supernatural support groups, is a really popular suggestion for speculation on what a video game conversion would be like (and it is a really, really fascinating game, especially compared to its oWoD equivalent, which was basically 'Otherkin: The Snowflaking'). Demon: The Descent keeps getting brought up too, but although it is indeed balls to the walls awesome, I have no idea how it would work in translation, unless it was more story-driven than open-ended, and with more rails than good video game RPGs tend to have.

Forget that boring ass game, Vampires in Skyrim are so much better.

Vampires got ruined by teenage girls years ago anyway

my dubs nigga

Fuck off /tg/, just because you tolerate letting them shit up your hobby like Holla Forums does, doesn't mean we have to.

Ok you seem to know your shit.

What about pic related? I've read that it's pretty decent as well and something of a poor man's Witcher

Don't encourage the vermin. His kind was chased out for good reason.

As for the game, you can fug your sister.

Sorry, I didn't mean to

I didn't know that was his sister

Yea wow, what a genius idea. Except WW are obviously catering towards a certain demographic. They did this with goths in the 90s and now they're doing it with wannabe hippies and SocJuicers.

It happened before Wolfire went full faggot? Ah, still remember the olden days, roleplaying as a Malk with a bunch of goths from IRC. That's about all VtM:R had over this one.

This is the gayest shit I've read all month. Fuck off to your shithole.

How did I get Wolfire instead of White Wolf? I guess they're of the same spectrum.

That they are.

vampires are faggots

Aye, gave up hope on them when I found out they play frisbee golf.

Like another user said, women got a hold of them and basically ruined them forever.

Just further proof to keep them out of your communities.

How have these idiots ever believed that.

It's okay to be frightened of your shadows.

Likely because the furry did it himself.

4 out of 5 cats are raped daily. Take that, reality.

Vampires were always shit. Not even scary, no tentacles, no impossible angles, 2/10 you tried.

I think it was Anne Rice that started it tbh. Her vampires were written like the Twilight ones but it was Tom Cruise/Brad Pitt that gave it a more mature aesthetic.

Haven't read/run Dark Eye unfortunately, or played Demonicon. I've heard good things about the former, and not heard much about the latter.

user, nobody 'chased' me out. I've got the WoD General open in one tab as I type.

What's my type, anyway? I just try to be pragmatic, and judge each game without kneejerk-reactions to the stuff I don't agree with. There's definitely a point where acknowledgement or concession to social justice shit becomes pandering, but the new generation of nWoD (oh, sorry, 'Chronicles of Darkness') books don't really cross that line, in my eyes.

And it's not like cWoD was free from its own range of 'progressive' content, not to mention some of the gender/sex stuff that took it so far that it became outright fetishistic. That shit is in nWoD too, but if anything, it's less embedded.

White Wolf are cancerous. No arguments here.

But I just don't see their politics coming anywhere close to having a pervasive influence on the books, or even the playerbase for that matter.

They're obviously going through the motions of trying to make the games seem more welcoming (or at least inclusive, by mentioning things like 'pronouns' in player options) to that kind of crowd, but at least as far as WoD is concerned, I haven't noticed an increase in Social Justice types in the places near me where these games get played.

Occasionally I see a couple, but they've always been around, and they don't cause any fuss. That's why I say I haven't noticed an 'increase'.

Yeah. Although I suppose the goth thing is slightly different, since it's pretty integral to the themes and mood of the cWoD games, particularly Vampire.

God damnit, I just wanted to talk about the World of Darkness games. How did I get dragged into these arguments.

This is why moes are spaghettios.

Eeeeeh, vampires had this vague sexual predator vibe since Stoker at least. Women just turned it from a rape allegory into TRU LUV because they're retarded.

Oh I know a great game where you can play as a vampire OP

If you are in the mood for mindless slaughter, then Bloodrayne games are just for you.

Because it is constantly night time in this game, just like in Need for Speed: Carbon and Deus Ex.

Protip: Use the True Patch if you want to be spared Wesps autism and "improvements".

People who thin the oWoD metaplot was "restricting" obviously never had the displeasure of dealing with the autism and cliquishness surrounding Das Schwarze Auge.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahhahahahhahahahahahaahhahahahahahaha

Well if his old patches weren't memory holed things would've been fine.

I have those 3 too, nice. The story seems pretty basic but it'll do

Apologize.

Pity nobody is willing to make something like it anymore.

The gameplay was rather clunky and could have used a lot of polish, but the general idea was sound.

C A S T L E VA N I A
i hope you ocd fags hate the error i made on purpose

Looks like fucking garbage

Not every game needs a good story, let alone a story at all, and this is coming from someone that can enjoy a shit game if the story is good enough.

Sometimes I just want to dive straight into the game without having to suffer ten minutes of exposure.

Looks like fucking garbage

From what I remember when I played the Wii version (it's been a while, maybe I got it all wrong, it's confusing as fuck), it's about the descendent of a cursed family who goes berserk when soaked in blood. They ally with someone who pretend to be able to let them control their power, but they are soon betrayed as their so-called savior wants that power for herself; So the main protagonists ran away and started to live a normal life amongst normalfags. Suddenly, out of nowhere comes a zombie outbreak. Except the outbreak was planned all along as an attempt to find the girls? I'm not sure anymore.

It's a distracting, mindless button-masher with a dumb-as-a-rock story, but there's that one orchestral epic track that cracks me up every time (especially when you realize you're playing a dumb half-assed game with lewd gals in cowboy hat and school uniform cutting undeads in half)

So, what does everyone think of Vampyr, the new game from Don't Nod? They had a 14 minute gameplay trailer from gamescom but I wasn't that impressed. For whatever reason, it reminded me of The Order 1886, though it didn't have cutscenes that kept interrupting every step you go. It has wonky reactions to getting damaged but since its pre-alpha, I can forgive it. Has a dialogue wheel, looks like you'll be gathering material for crafting. and some abilities (like that shadow devour) looked cool. I think the style of the environment is what they got right at the moment. There's room for improvement but I'm not sure what I should expect from the guys that made Remember Me and Life is Strange.

I am huge vampire: the masquerade fan, and the only thing i'm getting buttmad at is:
O know it was changed to accomodate into game, but i'm salty about it.
There were lot intersect struggles, but i think we needed a little more intrigues and conflict inside sect on top of that.
like intimidation
I admit it was good, but it sometimes went overboard. However that mental asylum owner was made properly. His recordings were spooky and not funny at all.
They were majority, yes, but there were a lot of others.

I liked it very much nonetheless

Because it isn't

I didn't know I was in the midst of such degenerate plebians

pillar men waifus when?

Do you have a pic of the menstrual blood power, where the description that says the user only has to identify as female to use it?

Will Vampyr be any good or will Don't Nod not pull themselves out of the rut Remember Me stuck them in?

They also got turned into superhero variants.

Vampirism in Oblivion and Skyrim was actually pretty good, and is even better with some mods specifically catered to it.

Weren't vampires always ageless?

The patches won't convert the game into an ARPG.

Do you say 'arsehole' too you fucking weirdo

What's weird about using an ordinary word?

Anne Rice did a pretty good interpretation of vampires in my opinion. She continued the original themes of vampirism as a curse, a primal urge that can take over one's mind. She also maintained and expanded upon the religious/spiritual themes that were present in the earliest days of vampire myths. It's not her fault that filmmakers turned Queen of the Damned into an edgy grimdark fanfic.

Fuck you, two times

I saw the newest edition description posted on /tg/, that's about 3rd revision of the nWoD where they include trannies. Here is how it looks in Gangrel clanbook

Vampire adventurer in Dwarf Fortress is fun

Vampires are sexual and predatory-why aren't there more Vampire games focused around sex? You can become irresistible and turn people into slaves on a whim. The mechanics for an H-game are built into the character

I wana play the game but I pirated it and the install didn't work and apparently it's a real pain in the ass to get working.
Would I have the same problem if I were to purchase it off steam?

There was no word in the community postings.

I'd guess you'd need to go back about 15,000 years to even get close to this statistic.

Meh. I liked the 'predator on humans' take from here better. Not as a blood transmitted disease from everywhere else.

I don't know where he's from, but it's good to know that some places still have morals.

Why not from GOG? You would be in control which patch to use, unlike with Steam.

Steam has better deals than GoG.

Last time I used GoG I bought Planescape and the fucker crashed every other time I opened a door.
I want to buy working games while saving shekels.

I don't know which is more stable and don't want to download the game 3 times. I also have a data cap here to keep in mind.

I couldn't even install the base game when I pirated it, let alone get patches on.

Not my problem. I was on XP the last time I have installed it though.
Not my problem either. You have a shitty provider. Never thought of replacing it, m8?

Does the Steam version allow mods at all?

Who pissed in your cereal today, user?
Take the GoG dildo out of your ass and relax.

I just wana run around as Nosferatu.

1:34

Legacy of kain
Castlevania

Or just go to the Middle East on any given day.