Weapons list :
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/

Other urls found in this thread:

steamid.io/.
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=62935
archive.is/VXhsQ
www2.atwiki.jp/edf41/pages/30.html
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/
translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www50.atwiki.jp/edf_4/pages/5.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck this mission pack.

I still have fun tho.

I didn't try it yet is it fun ?

It's ass-wrecking for me and my team, but yeah, it's fun.

EDF in general, or the mission pack?

Cause EDF is fun. Has flaws and missed opportunities, but it's a game's game. Clean, old-fashioned, brainless fun.

Was talking about the mission pack, I couldn't even try the first one family vacations

Can't help you there.

Didn't buy it.
It's gonna take more than a few missions with re-skinned enemies.

Some more meaningful gameplay changes or additions. Like better friendly AI, or AI npc's of Storm Squad in singleplayer. Maybe new vehicles or Balam variants that aren't useless shit.

I really enjoy EDF, but if they keep jewing meaningless DLC like this, they will get flak.
For that price they could not create a single new enemy or a single new level? Nothing? Fuck them, I will keep playing the base game and buy Insect Armageddon for the same price.

Can you play co-op between a steam copy and a pirated one?

Nop. Pirated has its own separate emulated Steam Network. I dont even know if you can carry saves over.

uhh, is there a pirated copy with mission pack 1/2?
will pirated multiplayer work with it?

(i'm from a shit country and can't afford games)

Can a legit copy play on this emulated network somehow?

yeah, i guess you would need to copy-paste legit copy in other directory and install crack there

please help!
PLEASE!

edf crashes frequently for me and even sometimes breaks the circuit to my room. stability patch when

To save our Mother Earth from any Zionist attack,

from vicious giant jews who have once again come back

We'll unleash all our Aryans! We won't cut them any slack!

The EDF deploys!

I want summer to leave

EDF! EDF!

It's not summer man, the game's been out for almost a month now, everyone that wanted to beat it already did, and you can burn out quite fast from EDF.
Also the mission packs are too expensive and shit, and the endgame grind for the last 2-3 weapons is so fucking bad that I just said fuck it and used CE to give myself them after beating mission 81 over 50 times in multiplayer.

With this in mind, I wouldn't mind beating the last ~15 missions of multiplayer on hardest with Holla Forums, so if anyone wants a VDF room for that just say so.

Smells like summer to me

naw, it's just the waifufags at it again
They ruined anime and now they'll ruin jap vidya

You know what, fuck it.
You're summer.

Those contain themselves to Nep and Vita threads amnd are ok, these come straight from halfchan

Ok

Likely /vg/

I've been playing on Normal because Hard on the first few missions pushed my shit in at the very end.

When do I get a good weapon?

Play normal for a bit so you get some weapons and armor, then run back through the first few missions to get some better equipment.

What's "a bit"? I'm on mission 18 by now.

Go to mission 14 I think, you can probably solo it on hardest/inferno.
Just run back until the Ai can kill most flying drones, the rest is easy

There's a couple of missions you can cheese to farm such as mission 2 and the hector beach mission. I think the AI can complete the beach mission by itself, even on Inferno.

Nearing the end of the game and fencer is starting to become unplayable. I'm playing with weaponry from the harder difficulties and it still isn't enough.

Fencer is unplayable without thrice the armor other classes need most of the times.
Still fun though

Are the mission packs piratable? I'm not spending money on that shit.

Are you sanic-ing fast enough?

I gotta stop to shoot at bees and dragons eventually.

Those fucking spiders just need to be in the general vicinity and good fucking god the giant ones are like snipers.

Also, during massive mobilization I had to pack up my sanic thrusters anyways in order to win. Ended up using duo gallic along with finest hammer/arcane and even then it felt more like coin flipping.

If you shoot your Javelin, dash, then shoot one more time before switching weapons your fencer guy slides, which you can use to fuck shit up for the brief moment while you still have that momentum. It's not amazing or anything but it's worlds better than the usual "dash and dead in the water" that will happen otherwise

JUST
Fucking hell tell me there's a way to fix saves between steam and cracked

I know how to go fast, but the jav itself is a worthless weapon and requires the other slot to be a dash. I need to stop and switch weapons to fire at an airborne target. Assuming they don't kill me I'll get piledrived by dragons or shotgunned by ants.

In steam emu set your id to the same as your real steam account. You can find your ID number here steamid.io/. Use the steamid64.

How the fuck can you even steer that travesty of japanese manufacturing

Fencer is a broken class.
It requires the dash-canceling exploit to be BARELY playable.

The shields are nice, but they only protect you from one side, and in this game you'll get swarmed.

I agree with you, Granblue is the shittiest of shit mobile games. Gacha mechanics are trash from a gameplay point of view, but the people susceptible to gambling are also the ones who will giving the most money to the companies making shitty "free" games. Since the main draw is the waifus, its basically a digital brothel.

Fencer is the one class where the direction you are facing matters. As long as you have space to move behind you, the knockback from your block will keep the enemies to your front.

The bike controls are fucked beyond belief, because like the helicopter, they were originally designed for gamepad joysticks, that, unlike a mouse, naturally zero themselves when they aren't getting input. When you're using a mouse to steer, you have to aim for an invisible target with an invisible cursor just to stay straight ahead and not steer side-to-side. Generally, this has been a barely passable port and the mission pack shit is getting pretty ridiculous.

Helis and bikes mostly control like shit on gamepads too

Fencers are kings of kiting, dash-canceling is required as stated in tooltip but with javelin you can kite anything but the blue gaydrone and sometimes reds too and with blasthole spear you can kill almost everything, loot and revive your useless teammates. Gallic/heavy cannons have best deeps over long range unless its a bunch of Air Raider powered Wing Divers, high altitude missile lawnchairs have nice burst and are good against everything, gallion cannons for anti-air, mortars for massed shit and cave lightning. Fencer has a lot of useful shit and the only, but severe downside is that unless you pair your weapon with dash/jump you cant move and shoot at all.

Bikes are best used in underground missions where you can strap it with C70 and throw into fuckton of bugs (including boss) for glorious effects.

And that's why the class is shit.

having a shit exploit and weapon setup being REQUIRED for a class to be playable is called SHIT DESIGN.

It's not an exploit you fagget, if it was it would've been fixed in 4.1. It is stated that this class requires advanced movement and shit. The problem here is that you don't like canceling, so just play something else.

Oh, and fencer has 2x2 weapon setups when other classes have 2 weapons and sometimes its support/bad for combat shit that limits you to 1 weapon most of the time, so fencer requirements are kinda in line with other classes.

Strictly speaking, you don't need to have a boost weapon, you can scrape by with four normal weapons. Dual hammers can clear entire swarms solo with a bit of practice, since while you're in the swing you behave as though you have 360 block shield active. It takes practice to get the rhythm right.

yayyy

Mission Pack torrents when?

That I wanna see. As in, is there a video of a good two-hammer player being pulled off?

There isn't much to see, because when you're doing it your screen is full of flashing and giant insects. It might be a sight for someone else to watch, but I wouldn't know.

:^)

10267418 part was way off, I thought anons would fix it but

Why would the devs remove it, when it's easier to just leave it in?

Again, a specific combo being REQUIRED is SHIT. Period.

I dash cancelled with a shield through most of hard mode just fine before I discovered the javelin trick.

literally play anything else, there are 4 classes.

Maybe

The doctor shot his pills, Bateman dubs his gets

The doctor gently deliver his pills, Bateman points the dubs he gets.

Can you really call them in there?

Yes
Use as a delivery system for C70 or turrets.

I just started playing this game two days ago
Man it's so much fun. Back to old fashioned fun. This is what a game should be about, yes some of it is hard, but it should be. It's great that's it's even better played co-op encouraging classes that help others.
I've only reach about mission 40 on normal, as I'm gearing up my classes, but I keep replying the earlier missions on hard and hardest to get better loot online.

Ok lads, favourite mission? As I haven't played too many mine will be a lower level one. but I love Crimson 27.

later missions are crazy, dlc missions are even crazier. ive just been trying to grind out the flamethrower bazelart for the air raider so i can grind crimson solo

If X is absolutely required, why is it not hard built into the class? Why is it even an option not to have them?

It would be like playing a wing diver who's jetpack is optional and limited to only a fraction of her weapons.

then you would have to drop one of the special functions. probably would have been easier to just drop the zoom function altogether and have fencer permanently have jump and dash

air raider is my favorite because his power level is maximum

Is it worth paying for, or should i bother with my shit connection to get a totally-legit-free copy ?

If only helicopters didn't control like ass.

Pretty worth it for me, I got about 100 hours on my legit copy before I burnt out, and I'm pretty sure that I'll return to it someday.
Multiplayer is just incredibly fun.
Don't get the DLC though, jewish as fuck

git

I hope the charcoal power plant i call a computer can run that shit then. Just gotta wait two weeks for money.

Pirate it before buying, dude.

With my internet torrenting takes litteraly weeks. No. I'll just get a fucking refund if my computer starts to writhe in agony.

Use a spine driver or force axe, they come out instantly so you never have to stop moving. Spine driver has the advantage of decent damage and no charge, but is single target only, while force axe has somewhat low damage and emits a wide piercing aerial wave or ground shockwave, great for any giant insects.

Nigger please, we all know vehicles control like ass unless you are using a gamepad

Fuck you.
the mechanic is shit.
It's shit from a design perspective. It's shit from a game perspective. It clashes with the class role/description.

Fencer should have dash/jump regardless of weapon (forward + bonus dashes, every other combo jumps). Maybe even zoom (because why not?)
That way all the special bottuns always do the same thing and you get to choose your loadout more freely.

Is the game suited for toasters?

Pirate it to try out. It all depends on how far are you willing to downgrade the graphix for it.

Blasthole is superior when it comes to kiting because it allows to kill that fuckhuge stack on your ass, this includes dragons, fuck bees though.

I think it's quite toaster friendly, it's more CPU heavy than anything.

How do I play this in multi if I have pirated copy? Do i need any extra stuff (files/settings, etc)?

Yeah, you need either SteamEmu or RVT, and you'll only be able to play with other people also using those.

Force ax can do that too without spending 1-3 seconds locked in a slow-ass attack animation without any damage reduction. Half a second is all an ant needs to fuck your shit up and you really expect me to sit around long enough for em to do it twice when I'm supposed to be going fast? Even with the significantly faster speed of the ax there is still a slim chance of getting shotgunned and that's when its damage reduction shines.

Long-ass animation is only for the second attack and it's really long only on M2 and M6, also it has much higher damage and range. Ants and everything but gaydrones don't hit you because you still have momentum from dashing and you can do the second attack after another dash. That shit saved numerous asses on hardest.

What is blocking with your shield. The extra speed from using javelin is not worth losing the utility of a shield imo. You can reflect fucking anything. Reflecting spider threads is pretty devastating. Turning a 1k damage shotgun from an ant or a 100 damage thread into 200/20 damage is also pretty great and it pushes you back so you don't have to worry as much about flanking.

You are not really wrong about the dash. Frankly, I would like that the dash would be longer, but it's really useful for levels that are too large. See it as an option, not an obligation.

I really need to try to use the shield more often. What are the big differences between the types?

Are we playing the same fencer? It is for 98% of the missions

No it isn't. The dash cancel is an habit, not an obligation.

Main difference is in their ability to block vs reflect. Tower shield is the worst at reflecting but is the best at blocking. Then Deflection > Ion > reflect in term of blocking, reverse for reflecting. Better reflecting shields will do their reflect animation faster making it easier to time as well as cost less shield energy to reflect. Better blocking shields will reduce damage by significantly more and can block more damage before needing to reload as well as have a larger blocking angle.

You can reflect any projectile, even those pink lasers from flying vehicles or deroy lasers. Also even if you fail to reflect something because it hits you while you winding up, you'll be counted as blocking. This can happen often with tower shield since its reflect takes so long to come out. You reflect projectiles towards the direction you are aiming regardless which way they came from.

You can block anything, even shockwaves from quadruped stomps or spider threads. Not sure what happens if you block a retarius thread. Blocking something will push you back a bit, be careful not to put your back to water. Blocking will reduce your aim speed with deflection or tower shields.

Blocking something seems to do reduced damage to your shield compared to how much damage the attack originally did so you might be better off blocking an attack than reflecting it shield cost wise. Reflecting can help a lot though in team situation especially if you can protect slower teammates from large explosions like hector artillery. Reflected spider threads also seem to do crazy damage as I often kill the spider that shot the threads and any nearby spiders as well.

Yeah, I know and love the shield already, but I'm not talking about shields. I'm talking about going fast all the time always.

I've been comparing the Force Ax G2 and Blasthole Spear M5 since those are the best I have and the spear's first attack is significantly slower than the ax's first two attacks, and about the same for its third attack, with spears second attack being significantly longer than any of them. The ax does have less damage, unfortunately, but its range is just fine as its long enough to hit hornets targeting you and everything else is actively trying to get in range, and its attacks are much wider and come out much faster than the spear making it much easier to hit flying hornets and dragons.
No matter what you do or how fast you go, there is always a chance of getting hit by something, and that is when you need damage reduction.
I'll admit that the spear is still a really good option though. it is hard for me to say any weapons in this game are outright bad as everything has a use.

I played 2025 without learning about shield cancelling till halfway through inferno, and even after playing 4.1 three times now, I rely more on cannons and shields than going fast.

I sure nee to practice more with the shields.

But, there is something I would like to see: Do you people think there is a trainee/cheat that would allow for enemy friendly damage?
I really would like to see the mess it would be to have spiders, ants and hectors blowing themselves up for a change.

How does one enable LAN/Tuungle multiplayer function on a pirated version of this.

steam emulator

So what do you guys think or hope is next for EDF now that 4.1 has been completely released? IFPS port? EDF 4.2? EDF 5? Mod/workshop support?

Could you explain a little further user?

I managed to find the emulator. However, when I attempt to launch the game through the SmartSteamEmu launcher, I'm prompted with:
If one of you could help, it would be appreciated. I'll keep looking for a fix in the meantime.

Dude, I suddenly have a craving for an EDF 3.1 I just want to know how was the European theater of the 2017 invasion. Specially if they throw something different monsterwise.

The American theater should remain unseen. Walking Fortress X-3 must remain a joke.

There was a bit of Europe in EDF2, first mission is in London and such, but I haven't played through much of it.

YAY DLC LOL ITS OK WHEN JAPAN DOES IT

nice bullet sponge no effort game

PLEASE!
CAN SOMEONE UPLOAD HIS LICENSE COPY? PLEASE!!!

plebbit kids cant even b8 properly

Start the emulator and click file > add new game. Point it at EDF4.1.exe. For game app id put 410320. Then go into File > settings and set up your steamID and Name. After that you should be good to go. Multiplayer with steam emu takes a minute or two to discover other people using steam emu so give it a few minutes before looking for rooms. Don't expect very many though. I would not recommend playing in multiplayer mode alone as enemies have 3x as much health when solo compared to 1.8x health with 2 people.

I did exactly what you said and have the same problem.

Can you post what your game settings looks like

I downloaded it from this site:
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=62935
archive.is/VXhsQ
Here's the game settings too.

I see you have a steamapi64.zip, you didn't replace the original with that did you? The website specifically states you need to use the original .dll. Otherwise, yours looks the same as mine so I'm not sure how to help further. Maybe set the emulator/edf exe to run with admin privileges?

The steamapi64.zip is a backup of the original, I am currently using the original steamapi.
Fuck me the admin privileges worked. I'm not sure why I didn't think of that immediately, I even went as far as reinstalling the game/emulator several times. Thanks user.

Is there any way to keep the save you had on the cracked version?

No problem, have fun defending earth from giant insects.

Save is protected by ID, if you know where your save is at you can copy that long number into your emu steam ID.

The mission packs are more expensive than whole games. Now do they add one single new enemy, unless you count new color that take longer to defeat as a new enemy, one single level or weapon? It doesn't. This is bullshit.

How much fucking damage do these asshole Retardii spiders take on Inferno? Goddamn things just refuse to die.
Also what's your go-to loadout for wingu daibaru on Inferno?

Use rapier, kills in no time. A strong lance works as well like demon lance. Pair with mid range laser or electro bow that has a clip to distract while you get close.

Thanks, you've been much help.
Also I'd like to see if this works. Could you host a game? I just want to play. I can host if you like.

You can find the enemy hp values here:
www2.atwiki.jp/edf41/pages/30.html
Retarius starts at 10200hp on mission 4, and on 47 they have 18000, so assume a similar increase for later missions.

Anyone got any tips on how to beat Waterside Bugs(42) as Wing Diver on Inferno? Every time I get to the second wave the red hornets instagib me(I have around 2,8k armor)

I'm busy right now and can't play for another few hours, sorry. You should be able to see people on your friend's list if you hit shift+tab, that will be other people playing.

mutants spawn when you kill 3 or 4 tunnels, I went for the bee tunnels in the back + the silver ant tunnel. Spider tunnels don't spawn mutants I believe and red ant mutants are easy enough to deal with.

bump

I have a game up right now.
Room name: GAS THE BUGS

First mission, difficulty: INFERNO

is there any mods for this? stuff like decent chopper controls and a kill counter (coming from playing Musou games this really rustles my autism) would be really great

its called go drive one of the bikes for a while and then go back to flying a chopper knowing it could have been much worse

bikes just have retarded handling, but the choppers actually had bad CONTROLS. there is no button to fucking lower altitude so if you go too high you are shit useless until you fall back down UNLESS YOU FALL TOO FAR DOWN AND GET EATEN BECAUSE THE ELEVATION BUTTON SUCKS TOO

are weapon unlocks tied to specific stages and difficulties? if so where the hell do I find a normal M3 rapier

weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/

can't see shit captain.
Must be full.

Nigger I think you got your shit mixed up there. Bikes absolutely require a controller since you have to gently increase their speed and turn rate to avoid disaster, which keyboard only allows full speed and max turn cause button inputs. Helicopters just require you to get some practice with em and you'll be flying upside-down shooting hornets out of the sky in no time. Don't hold your buttons down too long, know what you are doing and where you are going beforehand. Just like with every other vehicle, practice with em and learn their quirks, don't hamfist the controls like some retarded nignog trying to 720 noscope ants, be gentle and show them some love.
Acquire proficiency

Okay, so I've beaten the game on hardest with Fencer (online) and now playing Inferno with Wing Diver, so, like, one guy switched to fencer and jumped. Like FENCER CAN FUCKING JUMP with wheel click. FUCK.

What a great picture.

Anyone wants room?

He's right, the chopper is retarded because instead of controlling up/down with separate button presses like most games would, it acts like something you have to keep held down to stay stable. I adapted to the chopper controls and am sort of proficient with them, but the bike controls are all kinds of fucked and I can't see them working no matter how much practice I get in. Vehicles in general seem kinda off, driving a grape uphill is basically impossible, for example.

Are you serious? Fencers don't even need a boost jump?

This changes everything

I want you.

Nigger just tap it every now and then to stay level, hold to go up, release to go down, it aint hard. Going up/down becomes a non-issue once you get used to it.
Most games are actually even more retarded by making W/S for pitch, A/D for roll, Q/E yaw, and space/shift or shift/ctrl for lift/drop, meaning you have to combine lift and drop with rotation, all relative to the helicopter, making it even harder to control. EDF makes things significantly easier by making the controls relative to the world rather than the helicopter, so space actually controls up/down rather than lift/drop, and going forward/backward or strafing left or right without losing or gaining any altitude is as simple as pressing WASD. Saying the controls are retarded is retarded as they are actually really good for a video game. That said, I also would love it if helicopters hovered on their own with two buttons to adjust height, but learning when to press space is functionally the same so it isn't a big deal.

you don't hold space, you press and release it regularly. Its like driving a car.

I seem to be able to join other people's games, but people can't join me.
I also have a friend I was attempting to play with, we could see all the same people in the "friends" section, however we couldn't see each other.
Do any of you anons know of a possible fix?

Did you port forward?

No. Would that fix it?
Assuming port forwarding isn't an option, is there any other way to fix this?

It takes ages to loose height.
Chopper controls are shit, but somewhat managable.

That doesn't make the controls shit, it makes the choppers speed shit, and in most cases you are right, though higher level choppers rise and fall much faster.

I forwaded the port, and now the came crashes everytime I try to make a room.
Please help.

I don't know about you faggots but mine seems to just be completely, irreversibly fucked. It's gotten to the point where I can play perfectly fine with everybody except the one person that I've been trying to play with, he's able to "join", but can't see me in the lobby, and when I start the game we end up on completely different levels.
I've tried port forwarding, reinstalling the game, double checking every single setting, but it just doesn't want to work.

Does Fencer become actually good with enough practice? It just seems extremely underwhelming so far since everything he does, other class can do better. Also constantly needing to spam dash cancels just to move forward gets old as fuck fast

Depends on what do you mean by "good".
He's probably the best class to take out non-flying trash mobs since you can spam reflect and that kills most horders already.

Also, anyone wants a room?
(Pls respond quickly)

Anyone room?
Pls

Sure, nig.

I'll come if you're still putting it up.

Didn't mean to sage.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'll put one up right now, VDF VDF!!! is the name.
Tell me your in-game names so that I don't kick you all

Does anyone know how item drop levels work for online missions compared to offline? If an item drops on mission 80, then is it 80 - monster camp offline and 80 - death queen online, or does it actually mean 80 - monster camp offline and 85 - monster camp online?

I'm Sigma, if you're still up.
Same shit just happened to me. Goddammit 8ch.

Any of you lads play on the ps4? I'm able to play on hardest with my Air raider, tried inferno and got my arse kicked hard.

Ace/KillTheGaysBill

I took a break now lad, I'll put another room up in 5 mins

Its good if you know how to adapt to the situation. You are given weapons to counter everything but you cant carry all of them. So if you bring a melee weapon to fight giant flying incest, you are pretty much fucked.

checked

Sorry, took a bit longer than I thought
Look for VDF VDF!!!

n-no one?

I'm in, get in and fight for the earth you fags!

I don't think you guys are showing up in the Friends list for me. I've tried every fix I could think of.
Still no luck.

I don't know why it keeps ticking sage.

JUST

I got work in the morning, sorry!

I'll have a room up for some time. Join if you can.
Name: GAS THE BUGS
Host: KillTheGaysBill
Mission: Day of the Demons
Difficulty: Hardest

I haven't played this game for long. no bully pls

I'm a hundred hours into the game, havent finished 10% of it because I'm going for the "Finished all stages" achievement on Online while i can.

Am I insane, Holla Forums?

Yeah.
Are you playing right now?

God dammit I knew it.
Nop, it just finally hit me this morn. Might complain again later tonight when I am playing

I'm 300 hours in and am still going through hard as everyone, only about 16% so far, game will be ded by the time I reach Inferno.
Haven't touched easy or normal as I'm saving them for when my limits are unlocked.

I will try to 100% the game too just hope I have the time since I'm not a NEET anymore

Anyone wants a room for m-muh 100%?

Is it okay if I just want to play the game?

Shure, can you handle missions 20+ on inferno?

Probably not, hardest maybe, with people. I'm oly up to mission 15 in the singleplayer. I'll give it a go anyway if you still want to.

I'll help you collect some armor and weapons then.
Just give me a few mins

Thanks fam. My gear is around lv. 40 on average.

Fuck it.

I'm so sorry, an emergency came up.
Are you still up for it?

Yes, yes I am

Nice!
Room's name is VDF VDF!!!
Tell me yer nick, please

Ace/KillTheGaysBill
One of the two.

Is the room up? I don't see it.

It's up right now.
Difficulty is Inferno

You'll do fine, get in faggot

Game crashed, give it a few minutes to connect to everyone. Then again, there's a couple of people that I simply haven't been able to connect to at all. I hope you're not another one.

coolidge come back faggot

What's your name? On SSE.

Fucking cities. I wanted to use whale but i'm going to bring a bombing run just to level the bloody buildings they use as cover. I never get to do it in multiplayer because my wing diver friend gets pissed at me for destroying his landing platforms and usually him as well.

Warp drive spiders and their nuclear powered silk need to go die in a fire though, they instantly destroy even the tankiest vehicle.

Hows that drone horde?

Fuck

Pretty good, we won.
You want to get back in?

Please

Get in!

How in the fuck?

You still want to pray?

Nah, Im good now thanks.
maybe tomorrow

I don't know what that is.
Earth Defence force portable.

Personally, i'd like to see a 'monster attack' remake.

What fucking retard at Tamsoft thought it would be a good idea to make a stage nearly unplayable for a specific class?

get out

If we look closely at the new parts of the series, then we could safely say that they are pretty much remakes. EDF3 is a remake of an EDF1, EDF2025 is a remake of an EDF2, but here is where it gets complicated, if we follow that simplification logic, EDF2 is just an expansion on EDF1, and EDF2025 is an expansion of EDF3. EDF 4.1 is an expansion of EDF 2025. So 4.1 is an expansion of an expansion of a remake of an expansion of monster attack. Here you go, now go play your videogames.

Shit, i meant EDF 2, i'm retarded. EDF 2 is special in regards to its monster lineup, Saurous and the Dragon centipedes never made a return, as far as i'm aware (No, Erginus doesn't count)

I'm assuming IFPS is improved FPS? D3 and Tamsoft are a bunch of hacks, they couldn't improve the frames if they tried.

I noticed that too after playing IFPS. It makes them both interesting since they're pretty much the same game, yet the complete difference in enemies, settings, and class/weapon mechanics makes each stand out as their own game worth playing, like bizzaro twins or something.

IFPS is Invaders from Planet Space, the English release of Earth Defense Force Portable 2 V2.
Also, game is made by Sandlot, not Tamsoft.

Man, you should've seen the underground stages on 2025.

Anyone wants a room?

Created it anyways.
VDF VDF!!!
Still doing inferno, feel free to join even if you're new because you'll get stronking weapons real quick, don't be shy.

yes

Get in the VDF VDF!!! one then

What happened to the room?

Room went down for a bit.
Recreated, same name

OK, personally what I feel about the RNG of weapons in this game is

HATE
HATE
HATE

But, I was wondering, some anons I played online had absurd numbers of health, like some Wing Divers with more of five thousand.
I felt frustrated but I'm starting to get better stuff on inferno, mostly in a Battle to the Death. It's more efficient to go there with the Air Raider and someone else and start killing everything. I saw a video where a guy left the ship with ants alive to have even more pick ups later, but I could not find a group of anons that survived the onslaught until that happens.
But, I wonder if that level is possible without an Air Raider.

Man, I'll tell you right now, just use CE.
It isn't worth it, running brute force on easy 100 times and mission 81 on inferno 100 times more with every single character just isn't fucking worth it.

Don't attack Argos right off, kill everything else first. Reducing Argos' health is what triggers spawning the extra transports. Just need good communication with your team. Argos is actually really not dangerous, just really loud and intimidating. The Argos is there specifically to draw your fire so you end up not killing anything besides it by the time all the npcs are dead

You don't even need to farm if you just run through each mission on each difficulty picking up armor and git gud.

I don't want to run through easy, normal and hard when they're already piss easy for me, armor balance is borked.
Higher difficulties should give more armor, this is only logical.
Also, good luck collecting drops as a ranger/air raider most of the times.

The game tells you right out to do lower difficulties first to get more armor.
Higher difficulties have more mutants which have a higher or even guaranteed drop chance as well as having more enemy spawns which means more armor.
Ranger shouldn't have any problem picking things up since you should be about medium range and actively picking up things anyway while on the move and fighting. If you really want those drops, leave a few insects alive and go pick them up.
Air raider's tanks are surprisingly fast and good for picking things up. Everyone just uses mechs and I get that because they are cool as fuck but tanks are really useful with their speed and that same speed makes them much more survivable than mechs since they still have more armor. Air raider also just doesn't need armor as much when you have vehicles and can wipe out entire hordes with support call ins. You could play with a wing diver or fencer online or in splitscreen. The latter has the nice bonus of getting armor for 2 characters at once.

Any download link for the updates and the DLC? I got the game from igg games, but the updates and DLC are nowhere to be found.

I don't want to play on the lower difficulties with babified AI and no mutants.
It's barely enough.
You really only need enough armor not to get one shotted by things, on the first few inferno levels 700-1000 is enough, but as mutants get more and more prevalent(missions 35 and so on) that number quickly shoots up and becomes around 2.5k-3.5k, and you CAN'T get enough armor just from ~30 levels.
That's just boring, and it adds an unnecessary extra 5 minutes to every single mission, have you ever tried collecting drops as ranger on Brute Force or other large levels? Fucking impossible, man.
Yeah, but if you use tanks then you're just limiting your playstyle, I shouldn't have to pick my vehicle based on drops. But yeah you're right that air raider doesn't really need armor.
But then it's just an extra bother, it's way easier to just use an auto pickup script with CE.
Do you know how fucking fun it is to just run through a mission without worrying about crates? It's the best thing ever man.
I've already grinded my balls out in 2025, I don't want to go through that shit again in 4.1, it's just a waste of time. Going around kitting and picking up crates isn't a form of engaging gameplay and I'd rather just skip it out entirely if possible.

Yeah, I know how the triggers work in that level, start to damage the hectors and the stationary ships activate, damage the argos, and the new one comes, and of course the new ship on the right drops golden fucking ants so you better put it down fast!
Right now I manage to get quite a bit of weapons from Battle to the Death and Machine Squad on Inferno. It's not that fun to be honest.

So, It works for the armor, even with different classes? Nice. I heard it before, but forgot to test it.

Blame the lack of a password function

Yes, you don't get extra weapons but armor counts for both players. You can get double armor for one class or regular amount for 2 classes.

Eldritch nigger magic apparently

What if I want to create a room for Holla Forums for example?I can't make it invite only.

At the very least, randoms that play with their friends could make use of the invite only feature so they don't they don't have to constantly kick people, but they don't.
You're right though, passwords should always be an option.

Does anyone have a room up?

If you're up for some inferno I can create one in a few.

Yeah I'm up for it. If I can connect this time

Sorry, I can't dew it now, gotta do something.

The only consolation is that I know the other leader will get all of them killed, at least they'll stand a chance with me.

If you're playing multiplayer just get someone to camp the spider tunnel before you finish off the ants from the 3rd tunnel. If you have a high damage weapon (gungnir or a nova buster) you can destroy the tunnel before anything spawns from it.

I still don't get whats supposed to be Fencer's specialty

The fencer is the true jack of all trades, it's just that he can't heal

Also, reflecting is really strnk

Fencer is the CQ specialist, going in there with dual hammers and fucking up entire swarms of bugs.

They weren't lying when they said that the Fencer would be hard to use. They also weren't lying when they said that those who mastered the Fencer would wield great power.

This is pretty much the best use I've found for fencer, yeah. Dual wield high damage hammers and dash in for huge damage on vital targets. The further away the enemies generally the worse fencers are at killing them. The gatlings can be ok but wing divers have better crowd control weapons. The missiles are neat but low damage due to the reload time unless you rely on an air raider's beacons or lasers. Mortars CAN be useful, as can hand cannons or galick guns, but very situational. In fact of all the classes I'd call the fencer and its loadout the most situational of all, maybe tied with air raider.

Putting up a room, starting at mission 32 on Inferno, ged in
Room's name VDF VDF!!! as always

I mean, they still have amazing mobility, but nothing beats Fencer.
Fencer's specialty is having lots of health, defensive utility (block, deflection, flinch-locking, kiting), consistent big damage, fucking green ants as hard as possible, and becoming like a god with sufficient amounts of gud gotten.

I would but I'm doing it solo. The part that usually fucks me over (forgetting the spiders for now) is the bridge, because all my guys jump off the sides and get stuck. I can get around that, if I can get across the bridge quick enough. I just need a strategy to deal with those spiders. Maybe level

stay still you fucking drop ships

Quite possibly the most mediocre game I have ever played.

Ah yes, a truly legendary network glitch. A legend that repeats itself every frickin' time.

If you played Dragon Age 3 that cant be true.

I dont get how are you supposed to use double hammers to mess up hordes quickly. I'm getting better results with dual gatlings and mortars here

Anyone up for some?

Sure.

What's the secret to beating Charge Phase 2 on Inferno without getting immediately raped from every fucking angle everytime?

What class?

Sorry for taking so long, room's name is Inferno VDF!!!

Perfect timing, just got back.

Any of them really, but Fencer preferably

As WD just bring Idunn.
As fences just bring hammers with high damage resist(85%+)

Dash-cancel somewhere safe, probably a corner, then pull dual gaitlings to close the passage with their bodies. Yes, the stage has closed passages you can back yourself into.

I recommend cancelling with the Deflector or Reflection shield, and the UT1 gaitlings; a steady stream of bullets matters more than high damage.

If you have a Flame Revolver you can actually control, its a good pick too.

It keeps crashing.

1 guy had to leave so I created another VDF Inferno room. Currently got 2 people in it.

Had a good run. Way better than with randoms, I have to say.

I still can't believe how long it took for that ant, and he almost died twice.
Fucking hilarious

It'll only make sense to us who were there though. Crimson is almost always a cakewalk otherwise.

But yes, I got a chuckle out of it.

Especially because it got so seemingly close to failure.

It's glorious to understand how powerful the shields can be, and how it can be used with the dash cancel. The fancer with high enough HP is an absolute blast! But I can't deny that Wing Diverus are my most beloved class. They have the crazy alien weapons, they can literally fly, they have the rapiers. But seriously, It would be amazing if the game had made her gain armor a bit faster. Five boxes for one point is quite annoying. And I would probably give them some shield too, it would be really nice to have a small shield screen with them, but maybe the screens could deplete her energy fast or take ages to reload.

Link to all dlcs?

Man, a shield doesn't really make sense for WD since she's mobile as fuck and her whole theme is to stay light.
I'd like it if Fencer got some WD-like weapons though, I think he'd be great if he got a rapier or lance clone.

But he has both, piercers are all functionally lances and disruptors are medium range super rapiers. Fencer does need more equipment though as he only has about 161, meanwhile everyone else has 176/181/190, not including vehicles.

That fire much slowly, do half damage on the first shot and also does less damage overall.
That barely have any ammo, and can't be reloaded.

Just because you think they are shit doesn't mean they aren't there.

Can someone explain how the drops work? Do harder difficulties guarantee better drops or just up their drop rate? Are weapons tied to missions? Will playing hard and above from the start make me end up with much better weapons overall early on?

Every mission on every difficulty has a different level range of what it can drop weapon-wise, for instance:

However, every armor drop in the game has the same value, whether it's on Easy or Inferno.

Use this for info:
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/
Change the language to english first.

Addendum:
Tick "show spawn mission" at the end

That's why I thought about a shield screen generator, like a passive. It would be a good bless on the missions there you need to stay in the ground for sniping or even underground.
They will never do it, but I could be a special option since she is literally the only class with no defensive ability: Fencers have shields with reflectors and damage reduced, rangers have reversers, air raiders have shield screens, healing, defense boost and vehicles. A small shield screen for the wing divers would not be really absurd. And since the fencers and air raiders have a good amount of mobility because of weapons or vehicles, and the ranger can drive any vehicle too, you see that wing divers are kind of left behind.
Oh, and there is the amazing fact that she does have plenty of weapons that will blow in her face if she aims a little lower than the horizon, and also consume her flying fuel.

Actually I played on the PS4 version and the helicopter is completely fucking uncontrollable.

I don't know how they fucked it up that bad, they must have simply not playtested the game.

Still not disproving that fencer has those weapons. sure they aren't 100% exactly the same in every single way, but that's because he's a Fencer and not a Wing Diver, he doesn't carry a power pack and can't reload those weapons. What would even be the purpose in him having Rapiers and Lances when he already has things that are functionally similar, and another class already has those exact weapons? Why would you use Rapiers when you have Jackhammers, or Lances when you've got piercing Blasthole Spears, Spine Drivers, and Vulcan Hammers, or any of them when you aren't a fucking Wing Diver and can't reload them? What purpose would there be in playing a Wing Diver if Fencer got your only good, class defining weapons, could dual wield them for double your damage, never had to stop firing to reload, didn't become completely disabled if he wasn't careful about using them, and can zip around and strike with em faster than you can? Any sane person can see how this might be unfair and, as absurd as it may sound for EDF, unbalanced, but this is apparently what you are proposing. All of fencer's weapons that are functionally similar to other classes have to be modified to offset his advantages, which is primarily done by reducing damage or fire rate, and adding in quirks like drop, recoil, and in one case no reload. If you gave him Rapiers and Lances then they too would have to be changed, but then they wouldn't be 100% like the Wing Diver's versions and you still would not be happy. Fencer cannot have X, he will never have X, and you are being unreasonable for asking precisely for X when he already has xx, XX, xX, and Xx, as well as all your Y's and Z's which are still extremely close to X.

I actually don't care too much, but getting into an autistic shit-flinging contest bumps the thread and gets more posters in here. It's EDF, nothing should be taken too seriously except barbecuing beetles

Nah, Wing Diver has good enough defense, she can fly AND walk. Flying allows her to get on buildings and stuff read dropships to recharge more energy than waste due to enemies wasting more time getting around/on the buildings and walking is really useful as you can use terrain/buildings/enemy corpses to protect yourself against ranged shit. After playing Fencer I really enjoyed Rangers ability to fucking walk AND shoot allowing me to make one step to dodge ant attack while not stopping shooting. Shields, barriers, reversers? That's all tools and bullshit, real defense comes from movement and Wing Diver has the best movement in the game.

I'll just add that Rapiers would suck on Fencer - unlike Wing Diver who can fly-by-attack with rapiers, Fencer has to stop attacking during the dash so you won't get Rapier DPS, it is also super short ranged and will just get Fencer killed where Blasthole Spear will "recharge" between dashes, hit enemies from not-in-your-face distance and kill a whole fucking bunch of them due to penetration. Rapid-fire melee has its uses like hunkering down between buildings with Air Raider to kill those flying fucks but I haven't used them much during my hardest playthrough, they might be useful when paired with jump booster weapons due to stagger and jump boost not interrupting your attack.

They are actually harder to control with a controller than a keyboard, at least for me. Think it has to do with going forward/backward and looking up/down being the same actions bound to left stick which isn't normally used for looking up or down. Why this becomes easier to deal with on a keyboard is beyond me though.

Of course she is mobile, but the catch is the fact that her fuel is also used to recharge weapons. And her walking speed is almost the same as the fencer in full speed. The only advantage she have is verticality. And not only that, but the Special Weapons they gave the class are poorly developed.
First they take quite some time to reload, second they are extremely situational, and most of the time, not the best option since they are stationary. And they are also throw weapons that don't really follow the same logic as the Ranger grenades, because they will stop mid arc, making the best option to fly exactly where you want them to be and just release. But they have a huge downfall, if any enemy touches them before they activate, of soon after they activate, they just disappear, they are the only weapons in the game that can just not work if an enemy touches them.
I love wd, they are my main class for sure, but they are underdeveloped. Between her whole movement being locked to her ammo, the fact that her weapons cost fuel but also need time to reload, the special weapons that take ages to reload, can only be used once before a long reload time, the slowest class to get armor, and the weapons that will blow up in your face if you aim slightly lower than the sky.

But, on a positive note, they are the only ones with psychic rocket launchers and laser chainsaws. Hard to beat that.

Why is this game trying to set my computer on fire? Not even an unoptimized mess like Fallout 4 made my CPU jump to 90ÂșC, but EDF did.

The catch is you trade damage/range for energy efficiency. Noticed how lasers are all weak but have a huge clip and cost almost no energy or how melee is good but melee.
Which is super fucking useless because you want to dodge nao, not when you get to full speed.
If you think Wing Diver is underdeveloped then what about Air Raider with its vehicle destroyed, Fencer with unwieldy weapons that can only move by using dash weapon or Ranger who relies on NPCs as a shield wall because he has zero kiting ability? Wing Diver is fine, you're not supposed to be able be useful at every situation.

As for grenades, Ranger grenades are completely different weapon - he can't just throw one with a click while hovering above enemies landing it straight where you need it, he has to waste time charging the throw. Also Wing Diver is the only class who can reload one weapon while using another in exchange for energy management problems thus huge reload time.

Because it's CPU-heavy unlike shit like Fallout 4 that has 10 maybe 20 enemies max at a time.

What I meant by that is how slow she is on foot.
And the Air Raider without a vehicle can be quite capable too. If you combine the right turrets with a good limpet or whale you are still really powerful and dangerous. By the way, the turrets take less to reload than some of the WD special weapons and he have a roll.
Now, you say no kitting with the ranger and, I don't know, but you of can. Hell, some of his weapons reload so fast you might not even notice and you can roll and reload, so your mobility is not compromised, but the fact that he can heal npc is even better. And some grenades can be easily spammed to, and there are the firecrackers than are really annoying and kind of fun to use.
The fencer can have some good mobility even without the dash cancel if you take your time to understand when to dash, or if you are using twin spears or vibro hammers fully charged. In those cases you can dual wield and use one until it need to reload and then change. Not as efficient, but works.
And I agree, the ability to reload weapons even when they are not in hand is sweet and can really come in hand many times.

As I said, the WD are a class I really love and they are really fun to play with, but I still think they could have improved her in some very important points too, mostly with the guns exploding in your face. I hate that.

For the next game I really hope they add destructible corpses so I dont have to wait 5 seconds until shit despawns to fire a shot being blocked by some indestructible spider ass, and friendly AI capable of understanding the concept of NOT WALKING IN FRONT OF THE GUY WITH THE GATLINGS AT FULL BLAST

Got a Inferno VDF!!! up right now if anyone is feeling like it.

get in pls

For the next game, I'd like to see improved AI for both allies and enemies. Ally pathfinding needs work and I don't think Fencers can use secondary abilities on their weapons. Tanks only follow a predefined path and then just act as a turret.

It'd be cool if you could give out basic orders to npcs such as "Go Here and Wait" and "Follow Me", it could use the current pointer ability to do that. I don't think it should have any more than that though, don't want to get bogged down in commanding npcs, this isn't a strategy game. Maybe also enable npcs to get in the gunner seat of player piloted vehicles.

Another nice thing would be give Ranger a 3rd slot for calling in paratrooper reinforcements. He already can heal allies, why not let him summon more (within a reasonable limit obviously)?

Oh, and fix vehicle controls and handling. Bikes are garbage. Copters need a dedicated descend button and should maintain altitude automatically. I also think that having lower level vehicles control worse than higher level ones is pretty stupid, starting out as a low level AR is painful enough, crippling the responsiveness of low level vehicles is unnecessary.

For the next game, I hope they just make corpses sink into the ground like buildings do and make the Divers not look like generic vidja prostitutes I just love thigh-high socks and short skirts okay?

And that if they want to make different gameplay things, add more classes. The entire point of Ranger is that its exactly the same soldier it was in 2017.

I will create a room. Maybe we can farm some stuff on inferno?

VDF Division.

Confirmed retard that didn't use javelin+melee combo

Multipliers:
Offline 1 or 2 players: 1x HP, 1x ATK
Online 2 players: 2.2x HP, 2.6x ATK
Online 3 players: 2.3x HP, 2.7x ATK
Online 1 or 4 players: 2.4x HP, 2.85x ATK

With shield bearers being the exception in Online, for they have an added 1.2x HP modifier (ie. Online 4 players: from having 2.4x HP -> 3.6x HP)

List of Enemy's HP values(for SP, apply modifiers for the true value)
translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www50.atwiki.jp/edf_4/pages/5.html

Don't think I ever played any other game where I could punch godzilla in the neck like this

Any tips on the optimal way to play fencer?I kinda suck at him.
Normally I use reflector + melee and guided missiles/minigun

AR can shit out enough vehicles for everyone in game unless he picked some behemoth for which not even the starting amount of credits is enough. maintaining a few tanks on the map isn't any problem for AR

Maintain a tank when you're dead and just got revived with enemies still spawning. Air Raider is a dead weight when the squad loses the initiative.

what's a good mission to grind on inferno solo for quality weapons? don't say crimson, I'm fucking sick of crimson

76, Machine Squad.

Missions I've found for decent farming:

Offline Number/Online Number - Mission Name

2 / 2 - Spreading Disaster
Simple and short mission that only has 2 groups of ants that can be cheesed fairly easily.

14 / 14 - Preventing Landfall
Beach mission with drones and Hectors. The npc allies call in air strikes and can pretty much complete the mission by themselves even on Inferno.

26 / 27 - Crimson
Red Ant only beach mission. Tons of ants, tons of boxes.

53 / 57 - Crash
Erginus and some ants fight with a free Balam. This mission doesn't get too many boxes but because any class can pilot a Balam and the free Balam is scaled to the difficulty you can farm even completely new classes with this mission.

76 / 81- Machine Squad
Bunch of Deroys. Each drops several boxes upon kill. You can "neuter" the last Deroy by killing its leg laser cannons and dagger feet, rendering it mostly harmless to allow you to collect stray boxes. It can still shoot a plasma cannon though.

Anyone up for some inferno by the way?Around mission 45 or so, I'm unsure where I dropped it.

Sure, I'm up for inferno.

Inferno VDF!!!
Ged in

Any anons play on ps4? If you do drop your names so I can stalk you for real.

JAPS SAVE ME FROM THIS SHIT

If you have a Wing Diver with a decent Idunn or Thunder Bow, you can do these by bouncing lightning around corners:
79. 74. brothel of darkness
80. 75. Queen of slaughter
DLC1 21. Golden Darkness - drops 20-30 weapon crates and absolutely every weapon can be gained from it, including Rule of God.

new bread