Vidya the Music: Weird Edition

A lot of artists do different things to stand out, some have other reasons they need odd sound, to convey weirdness or strangeness.

I think we should focus on finding that in this thread.

I think I read somewhere that the game randomly generates a number of sounds and then mashes them together to form the background music.

Fun is infinite, goyim.

It does the same to textures as well.

It also has a system for both sounds and textures to warp them and tweak them farther the longer you play and the more certain events happen. The longer you play, the more horrifying the game becomes and the crazier things get.

Oh, and it has secondary textures that are applied on other textures, different color palletes for every texture, etc, textures of real people, naked people, blood textures, etc.

Guess I'll just post some more excerpts from this book. It's the game dev's dream journal that inspired this game. I've got the rest of the scans if you want them.

Post it.

And here's some more weird music.

This entire soundtrack to be honest, my favourite.

This song was a huge, really haunting departure from the rest of the soundtrack. And it is really great too.

This song has always stood out to me as strange and otherworldy.

It's also extremely intense.

The developers made a new game called Magic Wand.
Seems cool, kinda like Goblett Grotto.

How can one get such cool lucid dreams?
I heard that lucid dreaming can fuck up you up in the head, is that true?

How could everyone forget Katamari Damacy!

For shame Holla Forums for shame.

CHO
A
N
I
K
I

Fun fact, the soundtrack sold far more disks that the game itself sold copies

This one is weirder in my opinion. It also sounds a lot like Tetsuo's theme from Akira.

Dynamite Headdy has some of Treasure's weirdest early music, but it's got nothing on Alien Soldier. Plenty of strange metal and electronica throughout, plus drums-and-bass and some alien orchestra.

Hirota's work on Shadow Hearts is awesome. I'm playing through it right now and wondering what the hell comes next.

Shadow Hearts had a mixture of Yoshitaka Hirota and his friend Yasunori Mitsuda working on it, while Covenant would add Kenji Ito into the mix as well. For whatever reason, neither Mitsuda or Ito returned for From the New World, leaving Hirota and Tomoko Imoto (who previously had done battle sound effects) on the OST composition.

I will say that I wish Covenant and FtNW kept the insanity tracks as completely different songs though. Those ones take the original battles themes and distort them when a character goes mad.

It's 1 guy.

BUMPU