Never Ever

Never Ever

It will be shit pozzed with social justice and marxism anyway.

Says 2077 right there, man. Just 61 years to go.

Fucking hell. Do people really think this was coming out anytime soon? From the beginning they said development wasn't going to get serious until after Witcher 3.

I only want tohe tabletop refresh so I can update my Cyberpunk archive.

I know, you announce a game almost four years ago and then proceed to not release even single shred of information since. What are you people some kind of entitled aholes?

Two years before we get any info.

Damn hipsters. But I'm not expecting anything from cyberpunk 2077 even though I love the genre…

This. They only just started development serously. Up until now they wore focusing on witcher expansions

Not an argument. Yes they blew their load early by showing the debut trailer before Witcher 3 was anywhere near release. Point still stands about them warning people that this was not near completion. It's too early to start calling it vaporware.

Talk about an understatement. It's likely the trailer will be near a decade old by the time the game actually comes out.

Witcher 3 was witcher - borderlands edition. Don't get too hyped.

Who says the trailer was for you, the consumer?

They had to hire an entire new team of devs to work on the game and they are STILL hiring.

I wish Holla Forums actually knew more about videogames, this place is embarrassing sometimes.

After hearing this E3 had a new Prey I decided to replay Prey again in anticipation. I had completely avoided any and all material to stop myself from being even more hyped than what the trailer and gameplay footage had gotten me.

Yesterday I've seen the Lost In Concept video and realized it's not Prey 2
Fuck you Bethesda

They'd dumb it down to sell to console users anyway so who fucking cares?

It would be a consolized and shoddy port anyway, just like Witcher 3.

Who else would you make and release a trailer for?

Investors or shareholders.

Surely there's a better way to disseminate a video to shareholders/investors than publicly releasing a trailer?

How? You have something flashy you can show to anyone and millions of people are responding positively to it which impresses investors, makes people want to play your game, wannabe devs want to join your team and all the journalists are giving you free publicity.

Because of one fucking trailer you released years ago. And you're still riding the high from it.
What your a better way of doing it user?

Shareholder meeting, internal email. If the trailer is only for investors/shareholders, there's no need to release it to the public. If the video is to drum up excitement for the game, that's a different issue.

If you want to attract potential investors a trailer is cost effective. If you want to placate worried shareholders a trailer looks pretty. Also what says: millions of views can be bigged up as 'potential sales' even if you knows that's bullshit.

Two birds, one stone. It was also clearly an effective piece of advertising if we're discussing it and it shows up on Holla Forums fairly regularly.

I think they droped it once they realized they were doing SJW simulator 2077

I definitely agree that it's a good way to do both tings at once. In terms of the discussion, I read more as this trailer isn't for you shitlord, just because you saw it doesn't mean you should have any expectations, hence why I thought if the trailer wasn't meant for consumers in anyway it shouldn't have been released for consumption.

I feel this game is gonna be one of those games that was announced so early. That by the time it actually comes out. Everyone who was looking forward to it will have either; moved on and stopped giving a shit about it or have expectations so absurdly high that the game will never live up to them and forever be shit in their eyes.

I mean seriously exactly when are we expecting this game to come out? Late 2017? Late 2018? Late 2019!? The small groups of guys that have been working on for the past four years had to have been doing fucking something. How the fuck is it possible that they haven't even released a single piece of new concept art in all that time? The whole thing reeks of not very good long term planning.

Who the fuck are we trying to impress? Fuck off.

Calm down m8

The tile say 2077
Just wait

No such things as sjw in poland

there is no better way to show public interest than a trailer that gets millions of view.

i dont think the trailer was for investors though. financialy cdpr are more than solid, i think they just thought they would get to it much sooner than they did. witcher 3 was delayed over a year after all.

The writing is on the walls, don't come crying when CDProjekt pulls a Jew Ex Mankind Divided.

You mean like star citizen?
It still has a cult behind them

Cyberpunk is a shit meme at this point anyway

Something that wasn't in the Polish trailer.

The trailer was mostly to get attention for their project so they have a bigger selection of people to hire from.

Heart of Stone was good.

PERSONAL
RESPONSIBILITY

It was the best RPG in years yet because it got mainstream recognition you bitchboys feel the need to shit on it. I want to pound you in the ass until you stop being such flaming homos.

Witcher 3 was good, so this one will be good too.

The first game had combat as complex as "left click when a sword icon lights up." And the games barely got better from there.

Combat isn't everything, lad.

fug off shill

people only play witcher games for the story and for their husbando geralt.

Of course! I agree completely comrade. :)

Please follow CD Projekt Red on twitter!

Neverland was never real.

Well this thread made me want to watch the trailer again for the first time in probably a year and yep, still looks pretty awesome. The funny thing is in game graphics have improved so much in the past four years. That you could almost fool yourself into thinking it's not pre-rendered.

But yeah the pen and paper game has a very fleshed out world. And if thy can capture even half of it. I think they'll be all right. But with red's problem with combat systems. I'm still not sure if it will actually be fun to play. If the whole plays like the division just with a cyberpunk theme. Then I don't think it's gonna have very much staying power or be looked very fondly on.

So we're just going to pretend that Witcher 3 didn't have niggers in its SJW appeasing DLC? Noone's going to bring that up?

Those pictures are some real MyDadWorksAtNintendo tier bullshit. If you're gonna shit post about the game, get the compilation image of the dev guy wearing the "Based" shirt + BTFOing the SJWs THEN put in a picture of the ingame niggers.

I was OK with the expansions cuz it was the only redeeming part of w3 and you get to kill nearly all of the niggers, including their fucking prince.

Guy with BASED shirt (Vavra) is not at CDPR, different company.

Here it is from the horse's mouth.

Getting a bit obvious now.

All I want to know is how it plays. I've been starved for a good TPS for a long time now.

Here's what Witcher 3 was supposed to look like. Compare that to the trash you got, peasant. Tell me the difference doesn't matter and you're okay with being lied to until the day of release and beyond.

How is that a bad thing ???

ayyyyyy lmao

Welcome, newfriend.

Wait, what?

Are you telling me the English localization team pulled a NISA?

If you had bothered playing any other cRPGs you'd understand that basically all of them have shit combat.

Not an excuse, yes, but it's something you learn to live with if you want to play the genre.

I just want them to live up to their promises, though I doubt they will.

They promised varied starting classes, all with their "origin" stories and different playstyels.

They promised brutal combat that punishes you for making a mistake.

What with the direction they took W3 I do have my doubts they'll actually come through. It's far more likely they'll default to another preset character narrative, and the combat will be piss easy as it was in W3.

People don't let people be racists, so why should we let people be Marxists?

After the shitheap that was Witcher 3, I don't really care about this anymore anyway.

the deaths of over 225 million people say its a bad thing. and thats not even talking bout its economic and social policies.

nice bait schlomo

now that's a fucking good argument

Yeah bullshit. You just had a mini right-wing revolution so obviously something was fucked up in Poland.

If someone hadn't told me, I would've assumed CDPR was Swedish after playing…

Oh boy!

That's how the original tabletop game played. Classes are already defined by Cy2020 and most of them play very differently, and except for the social classes, they are pretty easy to implement. Same goes for the starting stories, since Cy2020 comes with an automatic background roll chart that would be trivial to implement. I would be just worried about social classes, since those work on pen and paper because you roleplay with other humans; unless they put a lot of work on them, they will suck ass, and even if they do, it will never be as good as the real thing.

As for the combat, if they implement half of Cy2020's combat rules, you will get thousands of "the Dark Souls of cyberpunk" reviews. Shit's so brutal it is common to kill in one round, and more often than not the best way to win the fight is by either setting up a retardedly prepared ambush or fleeing away. Not sure if it will be easy to translate to real time, though.

It had terrible combat, dumbed down potion systems compared to the first
The gameplay was awful and no story doesn't make up for that

At least Geralt act as it was no big deal. That was good.

For you.