Space Thread

Welcome Admiral,Captains and Freelancers to another Space thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/116922-No-Mans-Sky-Review
volafile.io/get/mxoLP_KIw66tx/Parkan 2 PROPHET.iso
team2xh.net/elite/
berenstainbears.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berenstain_Bears
mars.nasa.gov/multimedia/resources/mars-posters-explorers-wanted/
fractalsoftworks.com/2016/08/24/fighter-redesign/
openapoc.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for best ship

second for space robot anus

What kind of admiral wears a cape? Also who wears a cape that long?

I would

Ben Mendelssohn does

Speak of the Devil and he shall appear

Only those who feel in charge

Yahtzee rips NMS a new one.

I'd make a webm but I can't rip the video from escapist, you should have adblock installed if you really care.

can't embed the vids embed link either, good job mark.

escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/116922-No-Mans-Sky-Review

Ok nevermind I was able to view the file raw and download it through the browser, webm incoming.

youtube-dl

Yes it does more than YouTube.

That mask is his destiny,

What would Killdozer look like in space?

I tried keepdvid and another random site, next time I've got a mystery site I'll try it.

A Type9 or Orca with all internals full of hull reinforcements and military grade composite. Ocra is a crazy ramming device to begin with.

Who hyped for Star Citizen?

well everyone that loves space of course, mister TOR!

ah yes baby back in the game

The Musai is my girl.

I watched the full version of that video, looks interesting. I won't spend a cent on it until after the game is released and it's proven to me that it's worth it, but still I will keep an eye on this game a bit more.

I played some more of the alpha yesterday, it's fun, until a bug makes your ship explode and you have to find people with multicrew ships like the connie to get the most out of it. It's probably going to keep being buggy to all hell through the entire alpha.

I really want to fly a genesis though

That isn't SBY-01, but I will check your reichdubs

There is still no Yamato 2199 game when they went full military in the reboot. Not that I would be able to play it but still…

Because he's a "Director" whatever the fuck that means. Good thing no one made any Red Vs Blue references yet

Anyone have any tips to build a nice space ship on Space Engineers?

I really like the game but the amount of autism required for it is really getting to me.

Also, uploaded Parkan 2 too vola 3 days ago if anyone wants it.

volafile.io/get/mxoLP_KIw66tx/Parkan 2 PROPHET.iso

I think I am wasting my time with this small ship drill.

Actually I had a discussion about aliens earlier today:

You know how, ever since the dawn of civilization, whenever you give a group of humans complete anonimity and a medium to express themselves it always ends up in mass shitposting?

What if there is an alien species that unironicly study shitposting as a human phenomenon, since it's so alien to them.

What if they see us as something extremely exotic and some of them adopt our customs, kind of like a humanboo.

What if alien humanboos play Warhammer 40k always as the imperium, because it's so exotic.

What if they have fantastic literature depicting beings that look exactly like us and act exactly like us.

What if we were the elves all along!

WHAT IF THEY ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE ELVES

That would be extremely awkward.

yes

Some shitty fanfic of Halo or Mass Effect or crossover of both probably explored all of that

But wat if the ayys were a race of Holla Forums tier shitposters
Pic related the have there own hugo boss

And were more advanced than us

"Ve finnally found you mensh!"
"Ve vere at the verge of utter destruction until ve found your stray messages, your Führer Adolf Hitler saved our entire species from complete destruction!"

"Ve are thankful!"

It's okay for being made by zeeks

Who needs X-COM when you have extraterrestrial meme magic.

Besides if real ayys did invade, Jews and leftits would get us killed trying to embrace diversity or some multiculture shit

All I wanted to do was feed the Queen

Maybe we are the aliens, user

well in space, many things are relative.

Why did those retards take it out on the neutral side

Something about the korx having a diplomatic advantage because nobody wants to declare war on 10% of fucking everyone's income

Holla Forums aliens would be cool, I wonder what first contact would be like though.

Depends on which race gets first contact really

Just hope it's not a mudslime or we'll probably get glassed

Was the other half approaching a diplomatic or research victory?

The indifferent side seemed to be gunning for diplomatic, since most of the research was in comms and weapons (instead of the research victory tree)

As for the angry side, most of them were either doing ascension or research

A rock hitting Earth at relativistic speeds

you know, it's frustrating looking at how much they've squandered Halo considering the rather awesome extended-universe lore surrounding it, especially Cole. That motherfucker needs a goddamn game series made that chronicles his exploits far more than the shitty post-MC universe that 343 inhabits.

That'd probably do it. The AI in GalCiv II have a tendency to ignore you even if you're quickly becoming a super power and often hunt down seemingly random other factions because their arbitrary score in stuff like diplomacy was much higher than whatever your victory scores

Caring about about Halo's lore kind of stopped mattering after Reach due to the contradictions and dumb plot

Which won't justify Reach's terrible plot, which only becomes retroactively better due to superior art style and the existence of Halo 4 and 5

I consider post reach to just be fanfic, no one cares is the flood are progenitors and ancient humans were super duper advanced and friends with the prophets before the rings fired etc. etc.

the only things I really care about is the preceding history leading up to the games

Was that stuff revealed concurrently or just after Reach's release? I stopped keeping track and just only had vague ideas of the post-Bungie universe. Then again, this is also a universe where the human race would use a 500 year old cartridge for its main service rifle with little to no changes (no special armor piercing alloys or shield bypassing elements for ammo?) and a majority of the ground military tech and tactics regress to the point that a bunch of ODST dug in a spot and formed a Napoleon-style infantry square against a Covenant rush and somehow succeeded (which says more about the Covenant than the UNSC's retardedness). Their only real advanced technology are their super soldiers, who are so experimental that 2 of the first 3 times they tried it they needed specific kids to grow into the enhancements and the MJOLNIR armor to complement them. Then to trigger your autism some more, the only progress they made in a post-war universe is enhance the super soldiers and their armor, and put deflector shields on some of their brand new spaceships

And then there's ONI. At first they're a bunch of brutal statists but you can still see they're looking out for the survival of the human race. Basically like Section 31, but less competent or effective. Then they start doing really stupid shit like needlessly sacrificing their precious super soldiers because some jackass had a bone to pick with the program's head scientist, and whatever the fuck Dare was trying to do in ODST (what was she trying to do? Find a thing everyone would know about anyway since the Covenant glass a hole in the side of Africa? Open the secret door to the ark? None of that is clearly explained in the game). Then in the 343 Verse ONI goes full backstabbing Jew and helps out the Remnant Covenant faction to continue the war instead of the Sanghelli faction that wanted to make peace (including the Arbiter). Then there's the embarrassment known as Halo: Nightfall immediately followed by Halo 5.

wait
what?
WHAT?

Hey we hared you have found the perfect government incording to our computer the way you say it is fashism
This is world gov corecret?

What game is this, user?

This happens in the Traviss novels. If you know anything about Karen Traviss then you should easily find out before reading further

In the schizophrenic writing that is Traviss, Parongovsky is replaced by a washout SPARTAN that recovered enough to be Parongovsky's right arm personally arrests Halsey (who inexplicably acts like a retard and suddenly everyone has to stop to talk about how much they don't like her) then in the next book ONI tries to get the Arbiter killed to prevent peace and a possible Earth-Sanghellios alliance and helped out Jul Mudamma's regime in fucking things up more then ordered a hit on Halsey for conspiring with the Covenant Remnant in Halo 4's coop story when that's exactly what they were doing in the last two Traviss books. Halsey takes an exploding bullet to the shoulder and has her arm inexplicably amputated below the shoulder even though that's not the source of her wound.

If you understood that incoherent, contradicting nonsense then CONGRATULATIONS! you now know why Halsey is missing an arm at the beginning of Halo 5, but now you don't understand why everyone became chill buddies with her. Well too bad, fuck you and buy more of these retarded books goy!

Looks like X3

this is some HOT garbage.

Thanks, user.

Which is the best xcom (or rather, where should I start from)? I've only played enemy unknown and feel like I should play some of the older ones, but I'm not sure where to start.

I got one from Endless Space too

That scenario of forming an alliance only to be abandoned repeated like 3 or 4 times, it was fucking ridiculous.

UFO defense is the gold standard, use the open source.
if you find it too easy than play terror from the deep
if you want to experience an incredibly ambitions but ultimately half finished, divisive and financially ruinous sequel play apocalypse. Use ufo defense as a starting point.

Your best bet is finding UFO Defense from some abandonware site and then using the files for OpenXcom. OpenXcom for Terror from the Deep is still in the works and Apocalypse is an acquired taste. You can try X-COM likes like Xenonauts or UFO: Alien Invasion and see if you like those

Thank god for plane and line settings.

I don't know where to put a cockpit other than on one of the walls.

Anyone looking to edit their E:D hud found this website to help

team2xh.net/elite/

you can share schemes by copying the link, switch to radar to see the colours on enemy ships with the scheme.

i don't have the kind of autism to have fun solely on letting my creativity loose and survival is too boring because they throw in no fun aloud mechanics in an inherently arcade game because "muh realism" and everything takes longer than my meat loving self in the bathroom shitting a log.
worst 4 dollars i ever spent and i have made some really bad money related decisions in the past

I've been really disappointed that they haven't done much of anything with the survival mode since their very first release.
It's still the same dumb infinite tools and free ship spawns and zero progression because if you don't start the game with everything you can't do anything.

What do you think of the latest Mandate updates

I have to believe in the final product no matter how things may seem

Never ever.

what the hell is with the clapping and cheering over…nothing?

some of these people have donated thousands of dollars to the game. they want an excuse to get excited about it, and any minor change - even a HUD update - is enough to convince them that they aren't being scammed

Just read the newest one. Early access, dear G-d.

Submissions for the Endless Space 2 pacifist diplomatic faction is done and it looks like a toss up between sentient trees and sentient clouds.

This is why I hate popularity contests.

What was wrong with the Amoeba?

I guess it's because they are doing a pretty big overhaul of the diplomacy system or they just didn't want to have all the same factions again.

I wonder if the implementation of ayys into ED will be handled well.

Fuck off, furfags

Son of a

Reminder that this the guild shilling and curating SC on halfchan's /vg/ board

It's been gone for ages user.

I know that, but I remembered when I was about to upload a swf and all it was going to be was downloadable.

Better than being a filthy feddie.

I'll let you relive the good times zeeke before I bring up the bad

Braver than any zeek

Good times

Best and bravest Zeek right here

wait… I legit thought it was Berenstein.. wtf?

But that isn't an Excelsior
But still good taste

Where have you been? The stein/stain discontinuity has been recorded for a long time now. We've been in the Berenstain universe for years.

No fuck off seriously, whenever you guys have this discussion the pictures say "Berenstein". Did you photoshop it?

It's "-stain". The instances of "-stein" only ever come up in the context of the debate, meaning if anything is photoshopped they are.
berenstainbears.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berenstain_Bears

they just need help with the bugs, right guys?!
Good, im getting old, and turn-based games are going to be the only thing i will be able to play now, my reflexes arenot as good as before

as long as shekel citizen has offline singleplayer, i will just make my own server with mods, flying my ship full of qt cyborg crew

No its not, stain is supposed to be the 'original' universe, I'd bet my left nut on it, I saw a pic just the other week. What the fuck?

oy vey all those ownerless ships just lying around on the side of the road

What happened to their crew?

I think it looks really cool

Empyrion: Galactic Survival is pretty fuckin neato. I'm not too good at designing ships yet but I'm having a blast with it.

Nothing they didnt deserve, silly goy

and I think you're a giant faggot

I think you're a fucking faggot.

Alright, I'm going to get some flak for this, and I understand why.

But

I kinda want to invest in Star Citizen
This isn't coming from hype. But that new Gamescon preview that's about an hour long really showed off some progress. And as far as projects go, it's better than I expected thus far.

And it certainly isn't NuMaleSky.

Have anyone actually paid for their alpha access before? How does it work?

Don't.

But it looks like it's coming along nicely. I really like the idea of leaving the ship to explore wrecks and stuff.

idk, I know it could be a huge disappointment. Which is why I'm not allowing myself to get hyped. But it really looks like they've been working on stuff.

Grow a fucking spine, faggot.
Also star citizen is a fucking scam, it always has been a scam and always will be. Every time you're planning on buying something, doesn't matter what it is, wait until it is complete before you give them money.

Star citizen is the most succesful scam in the entirety of history
People were shown by the own scammer they were being scammed yet they kept lining up to be scammed

>law abiding citizens

what mods are you using? or is it vanilla?

there is no reason what so ever to buy it, just wait for the release, pirate it and if its GOOD, be a good goy or not.

Litcubes, basically vanilla+

most important changes are how firerates got nerfed but fleet sizes tripled, removal of Khaak and replacing them with an AI player 2, and introduction of OCV which is the endgame enemy

you´ve got some neat features like rapid response and full fleet automation, and portable jump beacons

Is it X3:TC or AP? I think this might sound like the thing to finally keep me attached to the game for more than a week.
Why is everyone removing the Khaak tho? even the devs did it with AP. I liked them as some threat to be encountered in the more abandoned parts of the universe

but i fucking love their ships
spooky

AP
The Khaak are fucking annoying as fuck. Thats aside from the fact that they were un-sandboxable with unique mechanics and some such.

OCV is just xenon on steroids, they´re building up strengh and taking over sectors until they arrive in the main universe and then shit´s getting fucked
they play by RTSque rules so playing smart is possible
plus you can always cheese

that shit is worth at least 5 mil

What's the fun of X3?

Intense autism.

Real time battles and and boarding was what I was looking forward to the most. Every update lately is shattering my hope more and more but I can't leave and must go down with the ship out of principle.

nigger you're not "investing" in anything. where did this stupid phrase come from? you're buying promises. if all turns out well, you prepaid for a product. if it doesn't, you eat shit. that's not an investment. that's not even gambling, there's guaranteed to be at least one winner in gambling.

Anyway does any user know of a good space game I could play, And you also should know that I can't play galciv 2 without lagging so a good space game would be appreciated.

Mostly at the new features that aren't currently in the alpha. The whole landing on planets, the freelancer side door actually working, etc. is all new.

What? Isn't GalCiv 2 supposed to be potato friendly? (GalCiv 3 is another story holy shit…) Sins of a Solar Empire was pretty good on years old systems but I don't know if the Rebellion version is as backwards compatible. If that don't work you might be stuck playing shit from the 90s

I tried playing Moo2 but it ain't for me,.

Was destroying the Sith Order a part of your plan?

mars.nasa.gov/multimedia/resources/mars-posters-explorers-wanted/

When did NASA develop these Mars Explorers Wanted posters?
NASA originally commissioned these posters for an exhibit at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor's Complex in 2009. As part of our Journey to Mars, these versions are now available to everyone online.

there's a zip of posters like that for a bunch of planets and space tourist destinations NASA commissioned too.

user…

Oh.

Carry on then.

I need a space game where I can have my own furry sex slave alien thing.

It's kinda hot.

Not really. But who am I to judge your degeneracy.

YOU'RE WRONG

But, user, it's genetically engineered to satisfy your lonely space explorer ass.

All those years watching Aqua Teen has really paid off.

BEHOLD!!!

really? i never had that much problems with them

casual

i wanted to make this fucking thing in minecraft but was too damn lazy to start.

New starsector update
fractalsoftworks.com/2016/08/24/fighter-redesign/

You don't need a cockpit. Put cameras all over your ship's hull and build a shielded control console in the heart of the ship where you can control it through those cameras.

He's done a reasonable job at simulating how it might look if you could go inside an event horizon and then look back out.

The black hole is a three-dimensional hole, so you can move all around it in any direction and still see outwards - it looks like the outside universe is a 2D plane printed along the inner edge of the spheroid hole.
Another way of looking at it is that both sides of the black hole are "outside". On one side you're outside the black hole looking into it, and on the other side you're outside the universe looking into it.

If you look sideways as you pass slowly through the event horizon, you'll even see space warp and bend back the other way, completely inverting and surrounding you with blackness. What's also fun is that you can't leave the black hole unless you find the hole itself and pass back through it into the universe proper.

Gotta give props to that crazy russian space engineer for managing to so thoroughly blow my fucking mind when I saw this in the latest update.

Pics are me entering and then fucking about within a black hole's event horizon, moving around the hole that leads back out and going closer/farther away from it (shallower/deeper into the black hole). Last pic is me looking at the direction opposite the direction I came in from, simply by moving around the hole's equator.

Also, I didn't notice it until I looked back at my screenshots, but even even put in a hefty blue-shift that increases as you go deeper into the hole. The absolute madman.

Anons, rate my fleet? I've got:

1 'Ocelot' flagship, carries 21 fighters, which I've given an anti-capital ship role with loads of heavy missiles
2 'Atlas' destroyers, very heavily shielded, very heavy firepower, trying to phase these into being my new 'ship of the line' for anti capital fighting
6 'Titan' destroyers, about half the shielding of an Atlas, but hits almost as hard and I can make lots more of them, meaning more guns firing at the things I want dead
1 'Emeus' carrier, heavily shielded for a carrier, but travels at the speed of smell, though it does carry 80 fighters, all of which are LOADED with missiles and are quite high quality, and are set to dogfight enemy fighters
4 'Raven' frigates, heavy shielding, but again, slow. These are mostly for anti-fighter support and soaking up damage from larger ships so my important stuff doesn't have to retreat, since these are cheap and tear up fighters before having to GTFO
9 'Heavy Centaur Prototype' covettes, surprisingly heavily shielded for something so small. They can engage large fighters and still hit them, while also being able to have large enough guns to take down small capitals if they run out of targets.

My Mandalay is just the fastest thing I could stick big guns on. Not much thought behind it.

Also, where did you get that UI?

Show me a fleet battle so that I can rate properly

Jumped into an OCV sector because lots of stuff to shoot. UI off for more pretty.

Looking nice user

I wish I was told about Stellaris sooner, this game is good as fuck and what I been looking for and then some.
It's still getting updates, and (the make your own race and stuff) is crazy, had to look up how to do some of the things in this game.
Seen mods and shit I that I really need to get into but I just scratched the surface of this game.

These have been stuck in my backlog for 4 years.
Where do I start?

more specifically, what is the difference between the various 3s

Those are offline EvE right? I could never get into that as much as I really wanted to.

Having played Eve, yeah, pretty much.

X3: Terran Conflict was my first, and it's a good place as any to begin, though I'd say you go with Albion Prelude and the X3 Rebalance Mod.

If you wanted to do the massive space empire/fleet stuff, get the Litcube's Universe mod once you git gud.

They're like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ie the later ones expand on the formula. I'd start with Terran only because I've never played Albion yet.

that looks horrible…and I like the Zeon.

You still haven't figured out what an investment is, have you?

giving money with no strings attached to somebody because they say things and made some cool space games a couple decades ago isn't an investment.

I liked the Venator, but I'm an Imperial-I fag myself.

Galactic Empire is best Galactic Government.

T'was a good day to be an Imperial

user.
You have literally THOUSANDS of game that are finished and unplayed by you.
There are probably plenty of spess game you've yet to even fucking try.
So I ask you.
Why the FUCK do you feel the need to get this game.
An unfinished game, that runs like arse mind you, and for all you know won't even come out?

I am honestly baffled by you even asking this question.

Do you pay for food in a restaurant because the place smelled nice in hopes to maybe get some good food who knows how many years down the line?

Besides, RSI is not on the stock market if I recall correctly so to call it an "investment" is stupid in and of itself.

Is Star Citizen actually making a profit though? Not all but most of the money would go back into the project since it doesn't have to worry about investors getting no payout.

A friend got me in for free DON'T BUY IT YET
There is fun to be had but you'll never get to it as the game will bug/crash/kill you before you can do any of it. You will also have to spend a lot more then the basic pack to get a leg up, the basic aurora is shit and the game's current fun is in the expensive multicrew ships like the constellation or freelancer, both of which cost way to fucking much.

The basic starter pack gets you access to the universe which is in alpha and is really buggy, squadron 42 the campaign which is being worked on alongside and the mentioned aurora. The game also runs like shit on any average PC so if you have a shit rig don't even think about it.

user, I'm not trying to insult you but that makes no sense.

It's software development, they aren't buying metal to build spaceships with, the costs are human resources.
Money going ""into the project"" is going into their pockets and they're not producing what they claim to be.

well when the Derek Smart thing happened he said that Chris and his wife we're pocketing the most amount of money they could via their wages.

Yeah, people get paid to do their jobs, all kickstarter projects budget for that. The question is how much is being spent on wages and not being built up in the companies savings for when funds die down or after release when the people buying the game eventually declines.

Last I checked the planet tech was promised and clearly it is being worked on. Same for the ships, Jump point and the website slowly filling up on ship models show work is being done there too. Question is really when and if they run out of money before then.

Making a profit has to do with production and such, not individuals.
I'd also really not think much about what Derek Smart has to say.
He a dumbass, opportunist nigger.
You don't have to hear from him to figure out that Shekel Citizen is probably a scam.

If it's a scam why are they wasting any money to do the work they are doing right now? The money they could save on this scam if they stopped paying to have these incredibly detailed ship models and areas made and textured.

All of Kickstarter is an investment.
Until the product is done, there are no guarantees.
Anyone who ever used kickstarter (or Patreon) should fucking understand this.

You are not buying a finished game. You are investing to see the game finished, and the game you get is a reward, a thank you for the early support - without which the game couldn't get off the ground.
There are no guarantees that it will be done. There are no gaurantees that it will be your exact dream game.

Faggot on Holla Forums are constantly complainign how new game sux and no good games are made, but at the same time they are never willing to do anything to change that other than bitch and moan on an imageboard, like that is going to change anything.

Putting money where you mouth is is how things get done in the Real World. No one is just going to hand you your dream game just because you want it. So yes, people gamble. They invest some small amount of money (the smart ones anyway) for a chance to get a game they'll like.

Feel free to not give a cent to any developer, but don't complain that no one is making games for you.

Guys hold on.. are you telling me this isnt the Berenstein Universe anymore??

I don't think Star Citizen is intended to be an outright scam but I do think the developers have no clue what they're doing as far as stuff other than fancy models and graphics. Just look at the FPS section videos they've done so far. It's so shitty and takes so many bullets that the first time all the players ran out of ammo, and then when they showed it again at Gamescom, the players ran out of ammo AGAIN!

I'd gladly be proven wrong. They have some nice tech going there and you can never have enough good space vidya.
As it is now though, I'll assume it's a scam.

There is a difference in effort and manpower required to send a shitty email via malware over a constantly updating youtube channel with bugfixing videos and updates, a website with a shitton of current information on ships the background lore. The online galaxy explorer with all of the game's planned systems and an interactive orrery map for each system and background lore on every planet. Constantly updated ship pages with a model viewer which lets you view the models as they are completed for ships both the untextured and textured models with fully modelled interiors. On top there is the fact they spent a shitton of money to buy out the cry engine dev team and have them slave away to make an engine designed for 8km by 8km levels render an entire solar system and have now made that engine render planets full scale as you get closer something E:D requires instances to do.

I entirely agree.

please stop subtly avatar fagging It well could be but as I said everything they've done to this point doesn't really payout like a scam.

Fug, I agree with this guy, not the post I mentioned.

The difference here is that the Space Cult is run people that want to continue living in the civilized part of the world instead of Russia, so they need to cover their scam better not to get sued.

They are suppose to be showing forests and shit on their planets in October maybe the 16th if I am remembering correctly. They are also suppose to be showing some more single player campaign along with some other shit.

All JPEG's on the screen lad. :^)

As I say, as for the graphics in the pre-selected and pre scripted sections they've shown us, looking great, but I'm more worried about the actual gameplay which is something you can't tell so well from alpha footage, what we can see so far doesn't look so promising.

I haven't bought any jpegs m8 :^)

That's an awfully large amount of money to spend to cover up a scam. Just look at NMS they did it on an indie game budget

The great results are undeniable though.

Same, hopefully it will be fun to play and have a nice feel to it, and not be a massive grind, hate grindy games. I'll be playng it at the end of the year when I make a new PC so I'll find out if it's worth it then. That's also when they release their 3.0 update which is suppose to have the stuff shown in the latest gamescom demo in it. And when the single player campaign is suppose to come out.

>I haven't bought any jpegs m8 :^)
I was a good goy lad.
Wonder if they will have a class action lawsuit against them. They clearly lied about the product they were selling so there is definitely a case there.

Its a Ponzi Scheme.
Use the money from the quickstarter to make some flashy looking models and talk big about all the shit you are going to do with them to rake in those kikestarter shekels.
Then you take the money (while keeping a hefty chunk of it for your swiss bank account and the "expenses" and such), and use it to make the appearance of progress while promising even, if only the goym will give you even more shekels, then you then use to make a little more headway while moving the goalposts further. You can do this shit for years before anyone of those fuckers catch on and the cult like following insures even faced with hard evidence, his backers won't question anything.
The only reason its legal is that he isn't doing it with stock options, but is instead working with "donations", meaning he isn't actually accountable to anyone, for showing actual progress or ever finishing the game.

Trials in Tainted Space?

guess I'm playing the waiting game

Good goy.

It was a free game, a friend got it in a bundle and didn't want it.

t. somebody who got scammed

What game is this? it looks competent and im surprised i dont recognize it.

Xsomething I'm pretty sure

Total Biscuit described it well, the Space Sim genre is a desperation genre among others. There are no real equivalents to the idea Star Citizen is pitching. Not even Elite has really hit that spot. People only play Elite because its good enough and not No Mans Sky tier, but besides unfinished projects there are no games that are really filling this niche at the moment. Not to mention star citizen is also delving into MMO type territory with player interactions etc.. sorta capturing that romance from EVE.
As of right now the mechanics in the dogfight module feel pretty solid at least from my experience with a keyboard and mouse. Not sure how everything is on gamepads/hotas etc..

Whatever user.
That doesn't chnage the fact that you shouldn't buy an unfinished game.
I've recently been playing Elite Dangerous a lot actually.
I've had the game since the beta and usually would play it a bit and then stop but this time around I'm really hooked.
The game's really getting better and the advice from the kind user last thread helped A LOT.

I'm waiting for OpenApoc personally.
openapoc.org/

Elite seems like its gaining more substance, it'll be good if Elite and Star Citizen directly compete with each other. Competition is good.

Upload somewhere like tinyupload and link it here.

more like it's a fanbase that falls for the same "never been done before" tag line.
every, fucking, time.

I don't understand? People like seeing something new or being promised something they have never experienced before, that is obvious yes.

Scam Citizen: Pay to Win finally confirmed.

if you don't stop I'm telling Zoe Quinn on you

What is a Zoe Quinn?

>implying I don't make mistakes sometimes

It's a problem with audience obituaries.

He said that you would have to have a larger group of people ingame to fund larger ships, which makes sense as you need a lot of people to crew them.

Although if you mean people who buy them now have an advantage over people who will have to get them with ingame currency, sure for a while. The bigger ships don't all come with lifetime insurance and insurance doesn't cover maintenance fees either.

No.
But, if believing that makes you sleep better at night….

God the instant ship transfer has got so many people in a twist, it's not like how your ship takes 0 seconds to be repaired from 1% hull to 100 but noooo ships teleporting, meh immersion.

Keep in mind these are probably the same people who use combat logging and think the 15 second timer is fair, so much shit in this game is not realistic and suddenly being able to move your ship with a cost isn't ok? Fuck having nice things.

thats breddy gud, would remove OCV with

its one of the optional UIs hosted on Litcubes page

the khaak are extremely fast and agile, which in turn means death for anything not fitted with a jumpdrive

If you want the story yeah right play in order.
If you want the gameplay, start with AP.
Slap a couple of mods on it, or even a total conversion if you feel something´s off.

AP is just TC+ in a sandbox.

use ctrl+f m8

From the forums, Micheal Brookes one of the dev's said this.

I pray so many people get salty over this.

guess i'll go for ap then, thanks m8s.

No.

EVE feels vastly different than the Xgames when you're a hardcore space sim player.
It's really hard to compare anything to eve.
I guess it's close enough?
But if you're way into EVE and you jump into an X series game, you'll feel like something is missing for a long while, and it'll certainly feel way different once you start moving around.

the EVE Offline thing is a joke because of spreadsheets and idling ya dolt

I detect a carebear.

Dude, the Erectile Dysfunction forum community is clinically retarded. Half of the players there were arguing for a module resale penalty where you'd lose 10-25% of your money for reselling a module that worked just as well as the moment you bought it. For "immersion" of course.

It should go without saying that this would fuck up the game beyond repair. Some modules cost a quarter billion credits, so testing out one unsuccessful ship build could end up costing you hundreds of millions. Experimentation would disappear overnight, welcome to the age of cookie-cutter builds.

this game is anti-semitic

Be glad module storage is finally happening in the next update, you'll also be able to transfer the modules to stations as well for a small fee.

I usually avoid the forums and since 8ch doesn't get much E:D action I just go to the subreddit it doesn't get many of the forum idiots at all, probably because of the low user count. There's even a subreddit dedicated to shaming and naming combat loggers.

You DO start with guns, should be 2 PACs on your ass turrent.

Alternatively you should have a kitted out M5.

All the assorted info screens were telling me the turrets were empty and that I had no lasers or missiles.
I restarted in goy mode anyway.

in both the ships*

Aight, been a while since I played vanilla.

So what do you do in Elite Dangerous?

I watched some gameplay but the guy was just flipping through menus and flying his ship around.

You flip through menus and fly your ship around. Trading, Mining, Combat and Exploration.

that sounds horrible

using auto pilot is suicide

damn, user, that shit looks comfy, got anymore?

the sense of scale in this game

It has an always online requirement, which is absolute horseshit for a singleplayer game.

what about it?

…Doesnt really come across in this picture?

fly near a terran station with a cap and see what happens

Yeah I know but it doesnt matter, the pic doesnt carry the same sense of scale.

So is it worth my time to play the original Elite or should I skip to Elite II? I have both games.

This should get it across better

Anyone play pulsar lost colony? They had some ai update recently. Also starsector should have some good shit coming out eventually.

For me, what's missing is the immense amount of work it takes to get anything done. If I want to take out a gang of svipuls and roam, I need a bunch of svipuls, some friends, and a target, the last two usually being the hardest for me to obtain. In Litcube's Universe, whenever I want to go brawl whatever Phanon is roaming around with, I just build whatever I want in my HQ, find them on satellites and go.

Yeah, there's that lack of heart racing action when you grab tackle on a ratting carrier, but I haven't been able to get that in EVE for a while either.

Terran stations don't carry a sense of scale.. their design doesn't.

They are fuckhuge, but don't look like it.

I don't know what to do to make compelling gameplay for my carrier game, for the actual combat phase. I guess I could add full 3D flight for fighters or something so you can get in the action, but that gets kind of more complex than I intended.

I guess I should have figured out the gameplay before I built part of the game..

Oh well, I guess I'll make something different

so you remade gratuitous space battles?

gibt test version pls

This is pretty much all I have atm gameplay wise. For the combat section anyway.

It's clearly not enough haha. I need to figure out what im going to do for the combat gameplay.

hey, making/managing a qt carrier and moving her from A to B without blowing up is a pretty good gameplay. Also long as the AI is not retarded.

add in some kind of turret management maybe?

You could also add more threats like fast cruisers/destroyers that'll fuck your shit up if they get close

Fair enough, looks like at least the very basics in terms of shooting work. Now you need to flesh it out and add some other pillars you can manage to get some more meat. Obviously different enemy types, movement, turret behaviour(take a look at the X games for that) and resource managment are good choices. If you feel confident enough try your hand at some crew managing.

oh and given the opportunity I would like to add Mines and missiles as elements, they could use some love.

user, have you played pic related? it should give you an inspiration about carriers and stuff

That's right.

The problem is with basically all those things, which I have problems for, none of them exactly impact the direct gameplay during fights.

Sure there's lost of customization, a good overworld (when I flesh it out), but during actual combat, what are you doing other than just watching the combat?

I'm having a lot of trouble solving this and don't think I can.

I think my only solution is to make my game more complicated by allowing you to possess fighters and control fighters while the carriers fight each other

plans for, not problems

My favorite thing in Sci-Fi has always been point defense cannons firing in all directions no matter how impractical or unrealistic it really is

Then I am afraid I have no idea about what kind of gameplay you are talking about. If live turret and general resource(shield,energy,ammo,cool air) arent adding anything to the combat I dont know what will.
That said if you wanna make a game about controlling a capital ship fighting isnt and shouldnt be THE main focus anyway. Half the fun of games like this is keeping the internal shit running while you are getting shot at from outside.

I alway assume that most of the point defense over-saturated almost all the areas around a ship to funnel the enemy ships into 'safe areas' that allowed friendly fighters to get more advantageous approach vectors on them and/or put them in the direct light of sight for a specific sharpshooting turrets as well as to make bombs and missiles being fired to be aimed at the bulkiest parts of the ship that aren't covered by the point defense turrets to mitigate the damage they could potentially cause. Or some shit. That's how young me explained it to myself and it's how I like to explain it in place of sense.

I phrased that poorly, they directly impact the combat sections because resources = better turrets and such, everything in the overworld would affect the combat section

Rather what I meant is those sections don't change how the combat section plays out from a gameplay perspective. I have the ship flying, stuff attacking you, but other than watching, I don't know what to add to actually DO other than watch until the level finishes.. which would get pretty old fast. I don't want to make No Man's Sky: Procedural Space Combat version.

I guess I could add some sort of mini-games for controlling internal systems like you mention, while you watch the combat. Kind of like FTL sort of. But I'm not sure where to start coming up with a minigame like that. And I'm not sure that's what I want my game to be.

I think I'd prefer to make a game where you can control and upgrade the carrier, like that, but then possess fighters and pilot them directly, and fight between large capital ships shooting at each other. Vaguely like a moba in that ships stream towards each other.

Nigger, what the fuck did we tell you about knife ears!?

They're hot?

Oh you misguided simpleton. Enjoy your murder fucking sadistic torturers. I bet you fuck men too.

Don't you treehumping faggots come in here and be startin shit with me.

Eh? Wouldn't that depend from how many direction the enemy attacks?

Why would you assume fighters will attack you only from one direction? It was common in WW2 for different attack craft for split and try attacking from different vectors. The idea was that if too much of the AA get focused on one group, another group will attacked more easily. In some cases, a group could be completely unnoticed before it was too late.

Distribution of firepower is a thing you know. If you have 10 cannon shooting on a target, when 2 is more than enough for the job, you're wasting firepower. Those 8 could be better used.

You started the war we just finished it.

Any Space Engineers autists here who know of Pitch Black and/or No Sun skyboxes that actually work? All of the ones I can find either haven't been updated in two years, or claim to be dark but have bright omnidirectional lightning anyway.

When I played this game a couple years back, setting it to no sun / darkest shadows gave the game a really spooky kind of survival feel, but that possibility seems to have evaporated.

You're thinking drow / dark elves.
And even then they're only sadistic in some settings. Totally worth the risk.

You know you want to an0n.

Fuck I am late!

I really dont know how else I am supposed to get across that with the implementation of what I named you would in no way sit through any combat…
The only thing more direct and involving would be to shoot yourself but that is obviously besides the point of what you are aiming to create.

Well the idea is that they would be completely surrounded by bombers, missiles and torpedoes to justify everything going off at once. Realistically, you'd just use lasers and computers but you can't see that so showing off a fuckload of tracers is always an aesthetically pleasing effect.

You're right you knife ear fucking faggot, I do want to string it up.

Can you give an example of how you envision one of the systems that you manage during combat working?

Neat, I'll check it out. If anyone's interested, I can upload it too.

What a waste.
And what bad taste.

It's comforting to know that hot elf chicks aren't going anywhere, and all your rage is as impotent as you are.

Starsector fighter update looks like crap to me.

Too many special gimmicks and too many nonsensical things just to make the new system work.

I want to fuck those tiddies.

it was a real nice space thread we had going for a while

She space mafioso, careful or your dick will sleep with the fishes, and not in the good way.

Was Endless Space actually worth playing?

Sure thing.
Well I imagine that the most direct way you would be involved in the combat would be to command the turrets.
So you have a turret or maybe even a bank(multiple turrets that act like one unit) and have their cones of fire visible, now the player would and probably should adjust the direction the turret(s) face, how much they can divert from that(Dont want turrets snatching each others targets) and what to prioritize in terms of distance and type(Is a specific section of your ship under attack? Let the turret(s) defend that and only that.) mid combat. Consider as well, controlling the enemies by concentrating fire.
What would play heavily into this as well while fighting is the other systems like shields that need to adjusted to a new wave of ships coming from another angle, energy or worse ammo that needs to be "brought" to turrets that are chewing through it more than others and keeping sections from overheating(space is not cold in our sense, heat is a problem).

All these things would need the attention of the player mid battle, it is however made great or boring depending on how well the AI would react to you and the changes.

god please help me

It's pretty gud
The big thing people hated was the pretty simple rock-paper-scissors combat along with a somewhat easy to break economy system

Pirate it and play it for a few hours you nerd

a goy and his money are easily parted

The one good thing about having a toaster and being poor is that I won't rush off to spend money games. But the game is looking good and I hope it lives up to the hype for you guys user.

I submit to those digits. Guess I'll report next thread if I get my shit kicked in.

damn right.

just make your own server and play with yourself

are there any space elfs vidya? that is not 40k?

I have no idea what's with 4x and its desire to have absolutely awful combat systems. Seems like ES2 just decided it's impossible and completely gutted actual combat in favor of a general fighting strategy

shit
by it in it's impossible i mean having decent combat

Imagine flying a capital ship with your pirate brothers, everyone at their battle stations and a squad of hardened ship boarders, raping the galaxy.

I'm very skeptical of the cult surrounding Star Citizen but I do really hope it succeeds.

the sword of the stars combat is fun.

We'll see how it turns out, I like the concept of giving fleet movement orders/taking on more a pure admiral role, but that doesn't mean implementation is gonna be great

Any 4x games that let you play as anything remotely as awesome as a proper dwarves?

Who the heck designs the Star Citizen ships? They are all fucking epic.

user that's a fun fantasy but you have to remember: it doesn't exist yet. It's not possible. Until Roberts can actually deliver the game to you, there's no reason to give him any more of your money.

me too. i was more impressed by that video's ability to convince me that the FPS shit that i previously thought was retarded bullshit has a place in the game, and that it might actually be okay.

that said I will never forget just how awful the flight is, at least for the fighters and smaller craft. they feel so fucking bad to fly that I am genuinely shocked. i'm curious as to whether or not the larger ships actually feel good to fly around

i didn't buy the freelancer and won't

No, tons of their designs are shit. Like, for example, the Javelin destroyer which may as well be a procedurally generated kitbash.

The concept artists they've comissioned are extremely talented but it's all for naught since every design is vetted by Chris's pea brain.

The hunt for ayylamos has started, the system the first clue directed us to has now released a botched message through its local news. Binary in the second pic translates to these numbers.

71 83 86 32 73 86 87 32 71 73 90 87 86 73 32 68 90 72 32 88 90 73 73 66 82 77 84 32 85 82 72 83 32 87 70 73 82 77 84 32 71 83 86 32 82 77 88 82 87 86 77 71

First pic is the old message 2nd is the first new one.

People have figured out some of these clues and flown to obsidian orbital in Maia which has the 3rd pic and HIP 19072, Cooper Research Facility for the last pic.

well this should be fun

I've only played Sins of a Galactic Empire and Ascendancy. I didn't realize there was another Star Wars mod for Sins. is that one any good?

Tell me it ain't so user, please don't tell me you are Rebel scum

it's okay, it contains both Star Wars and Sins factions, so you can be TEC Rebels fighting the Empire.
there is two copies of the Rebels for some reason

I found the Star Forge to be severely limiting since you need a copy of a frigate/cruiser and you can't make more than your supply cap can allow

It's basically a crossover between Expanded 4X Sins content with Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, Imperial Remnant/Warlords and potentially the New Republic at a latter date.

They're supposed to introduce the New Republic and their exclusive ship lines later since I guess they can't ask the Thrawn guys for their models

Its generally not smart to give your assets to soup type mods since those are the ones thats gonna be played most, kind of like Contra for Generals became more popular than Shockwave, despite most of its assets coming from there.

>manually
please let me die already

Making new thread now

New thread