Firefox botnet

https:// www.ghacks.net/2017/08/22/mozilla-plans-to-collect-anonymous-firefox-browsing-data/

https:// blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/

Someone got an alternative browser? Brave or icecat?

Other urls found in this thread:

midori-browser.org/about/
twotoasts.de/index.php/about/
pcxfirefox.wordpress.com/
archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/midori/
packages.debian.org/stretch/midori
packages.debian.org/stretch/libzeitgeist-2.0-0
blueprints.launchpad.net/midori/ spec/zeitgeist-history
sourceforge.net/projects/lightfirefox/
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/
gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/
github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js
epicbrowser.com/
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/09/06/mozilla-washington-post-reinventing-online-comments/
beakerbrowser.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not convinced that either brave or icecat are better than an old(ish) firefox hardened with a bunch of privacy addons
can you even have addons on brave?

Midori seems to be a decent off the radar browser. Interested to know if its (((compromised))) or not.

What about Cyberfox? I use it and love it, but it seems to no longer be supported by the developers.

http was a mistake

Palemoon is ok, but it crashes when viewing mp4 or webm files. Other than that it's a decent firefox fork

doesn't seem compromised, and is lightweight enough 1½ developers can really code it
midori-browser.org/about/
The guy self doxes himself here:
twotoasts.de/index.php/about/
Minimalistic as it is, you're safe, but barebones.

I've recently installed Brave seems decent. My only real issue is that when you Ctrl+PageUp/Down to a different tab, you can't immediately scroll up and down using the arrow keys or pageup/down. Makes it so you have to keep reaching over to the mouse, which is highly annoying when I'm used to doing all this using keyboard shortcuts on firefox.

Is there some setting to change this?

Is there any problem with Opera or Vivaldi? The UI is nice…

sounds that you don't automatically focus to the new tab
I don't know if a config file is accessible/modifiable
try their forums maybe?

Not for me. Sometimes, I can't load them when others can, but that happened with Opera too so I'm not sure it's the browser.

Ppl that sound like that know what they're talking about have said not to use Opera. I used PaleMoon whenever possible and Opera for things that don't work in Palemoon with all these privacy addons enabled.

What about pcxFirefox?
pcxfirefox.wordpress.com/

Great. Thanks

the only reason I'm still using firefox is the Rikaisama add-on

Enjoy having ZEITGEIST running in the background on your computer, logging everything you do and sharing it with "other applications".
archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/midori/
packages.debian.org/stretch/midori

I Googled it on Bing and it seems like a nice addon for learning NEET-speak, but discontinued? Have you seen any problems since Mozilla cucked out of XUL versions ago?

Brave. 100%. I use it all the time. Its developer Brendan Eich was kicked out of Mozilla for his non-kosher position on Proposition 8.

Lynx is also an option, if you're nasty.

packages.debian.org/stretch/libzeitgeist-2.0-0
WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS EVEN EXIST?

No dark theme for brave?

OK I get it. Some library which (((conveniently))) exposes your search history to other apps (like a start menu/page search I presume)
blueprints.launchpad.net/midori/ spec/zeitgeist-history
The guy who wrote that doesn't seem evil but maybe just a lemming.

Yup. That's your typical fence-sitter.

IceCat user with rikaichan here, what the hell is your problem?

What would it take to make our own browser?

I use waterfox; am I ok?

That's what I'd like to know - which Firefox forks are safe?

t. Cyberfox user

Good catch. Looks like you can build it without zogtracker.

-disable-zeitgeist Disable Zeitgeist history integration

If you faggots are still on winblows you're fucked no matter the browser

From scratch? Forget about it, it'll be Swiss cheese even if we manage to make something usable.
Forking already audited firefox/icecat/palemoon/tor browser and adding things that are useful for us? More than reasonable.

You're fine.
In my opinion the most secure forks are IceCat (because rms won't allow this sort of shit even being a kike commie) and Tor Browser (because it's made to resist common exploits and tracking). Others stand pretty close.

Also this.

I'd add Decentraleyes and CanvasBlocker. Also uMatrix can spoof useragent, so there's no point in having Blender.

Kind of repeating myself here, but Holla Forums has to become a lot more tech savvy than we are now. If you honestly don't want to get your shit packed in by Joogle and friends you should really be using some form of GNU/Linux at this point, along with a decent browser.

Another icecat user with Neet addon, it should work on any fork that supports addons.

I'm just here to shitpost and watch the world burn slowly. You fags are hilarious when you freak out over nothing and sometimes you make the news. Better than Jerry Springer and a warehouse full of chairs!

By my estimates, a good 15% of anons here have social media accounts. Might as well bend over and spread for Jewgle right now.

Moshe, you stand out like a sore thumb with payots.

tor makes me roar

Nah not kike, just bored, kinda drunk and relaxing while Harvey drizzles outside. Shit was overhyped so I gotta make my own entertainment since no nogs going to try and swim around here.

Also thumbs? Come on user we both know the biggest thing on a jew is his nose get your insults together.

don't forget NoScripts
CanvasDefender is better than CanvasBlocker, because it randomizes your canvas response per session, instead of not sending back canvas information
it's the difference between disguising yourself with makeup a wig and a false moustache, versus wearing a totally blank plastic mask, one is more stealthy than the other

and greasemonkey

uMatrix can replace NoScript, too.

I tried palemoon and waterfox but they freeze for a minute when going here and when listening to my music.I'm only using only 2 tabs. What do?

I tried palemoon and remember it being shit but I forget why (was ages ago). Gunna give brave a shot.

Already audited the javascript engines under every browser. You're fucked for privacy unless you re-implement the entire JS engine _CAREFULLY_ and without entire swaths of relied-upon features.

Security requires a bit of asceticism these days. Turn JS the fuck off, it's source of all browser issues.

javascript is why my computer games don't work no more. :(

nevermind moonpale works fine now

mp4 is semi stable, but according to the palemoon devs themselves, the browser currently does not support webm. They say it's in the works though

Random Agent Spoofer

It's also how Jack from Twitter has been planting CP on user's computers. Watch your self.

it is possible to read them in an external app, like VLC, but I don't know how safe it is

Last time I checked, Brave isn't open source.

Isn't firefox basically dead? The only reason people use browsers that aren't Chrome is to escape the Googled Jew, so I doubt a browser that's worse on both the SJW faggotry front and the privacy front is going to be all that successful.

Gonna shill for Opera. Running it with AdNauseam installed right now.

Use it to fuck up their results.

Opera sends all of your history to servers in China, don't use it.

This, I wish the Linux community stopped being so elitist and started reaching out to king normalfags and began to push Qubes OS or at least Mint into the mainstream.

Brave is open source.

(((Brave))) is pozzed right from the start, if you don't believe me look at all these noses right here: brave. com/about/

It exists solely to slowly over a number of years strangle the ability for users to block ads. Holla Forums knows better than this.

Tech-wise, Opera is (or was, years ago) damn good. But it's closed-source so you should assume they do the worst. At least their servers are in China instead of the US, which of course is a major downside if you're a chink. You should stick with free software browsers if you care about privacy.

Linux isn't elitist you faggot. There are many efforts to bring more normalfags to Linux, but a huge problem is most people on Linux are nerds and nerds are terrible sellers. I mean, we have a free system that does everything windows does as far as 99% of people are concerned (it opens a browser and edits text), has no spying, is the most used OS on the planet (routers, servers), and yet we can't convince Chad to switch.

The issue with Linux is software compatibility with shit targeted on windows. Yes, it is possible to achieve compatibility on some Linux distros relatively easily, but most people don't want to do even that. They want to press the big shiny "DOWNLOAD" button on the internet, then double click the file and press "INSTALL" and then doubleclick the program and use it. If you add literally any more to this process, even if it was just one more button to press or if the button wasn't as shiny, you will lose the normalfags.

I wish they'd hurry the fuck up. It's getting harder and harder to watch vids on some sites.

The Tech Industry needs to pull it's head out of it's ass and make React OS to have atleast parity with windows XP, and perferably windows 7.

A virus free windows would be amazing for Normies.

一生掛けても日本語を理解するのにあなたにとって無理なので今に諦めた方が身の為わ

マジデ

>Less problems with linux installed than windows because their retarded children don't know superuser pass can't install virused kidbait winsoft anymore and the adults can browse, edit and print docs to their normie hearts content.

what a pussy cuck faggot

There needs to be an equivalent of a TOR browser that makes it easy to have a secure browser.

I would use Linux but there aren't enough good-quality games on the platform

I also think the biggest turn-off for Linux is that there are so many different flavors to choose, and unlike Ubuntu (simpliest/ easiest to use Linux flavor in my opinion) lots of software installation requires using the proper Terminal commands

I have been using Nightly for a while now. Am I in the clear?

Sage for DoublePost

Tl;Dr - Linux is best OS but most PC users perceive it and stigmitize it as a "Nerd's OS" or bill it as "too hard" to learn.

I can play most games with wine, and a lot of newer ones are linux supported.
they need to get dx11 games supported, fucking mac shit holding up the show, newer games will hopefully use vulkan and we won't have to worry about dx bullshit.

also, mint is easy as fuck to learn to use and ubuntu is cancer.

Is this the only choice left???

thats funny. I just discovered a fairly fucking huge botnet running on my computer it was composed of 4 files which took 2 hours to delete.

also.. brave runs like a giant bloated piece of shit.

Face it, the kikes are gunning for our anonymity and will secure it. And it will only vindicate those among us who have been saying 'fuck opsec grow a pair and speak your convictions in public'… which is the only way you can fucking spread ideas in the first place you dummies.

THEN WHAT THE FUCK DO WE USE THEN

Here you go user. It's firefox without all the bullshit

sourceforge.net/projects/lightfirefox/

Canvas Defender and Canvas Blocker are both currently unavailable, but if you're using Pale Moon you can change canvas.poisondata to true in the about:config menu. Just be aware that this has a high performance impact on your browser so you might want to try it out for a bit before deciding to keep it on permanently.

how did you discover this?

How pozzed is Citrio?

guys help I downloaded icecat 52 and extracted it from the rar, but all I have is this big folder with all this shit and no exe file

Both are shit. Brave is still in beta and has lots of bugs. Icecat is a bad choice if you want to keep your add ons. The best option right now is Pale Moon.

You may have downloaded the source code by accident instead of the a windows install program.

It's pretty sad what Mozilla is doing, I got multiprocess working (only had to drop two less important addons out of 18 or so), now it's fast as fuck for literally the first time (well, it was fast for its time back in like beta .7 or whatever). Now apparently in a few months literally all of my addons except two are going to die. Maybe a few will pull off webextensions versions but most say it is impossible.

Vivaldi or waterfox any good?

What's the latest reliable (non-cucked) version of Firefox?

Ungoogled Chromium

All the botnet features of chrome are removed for a private, secure, and high performance browsing experience. More than that, it is bult using the source code. Pre built packages are available for Windows, Linux, and even Mac.

>github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
>ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/

Has been working great in my own testing on Linux (manjaro xfce and mint xfce) and Windows 7 machines.

All privacy extensions that firefox has work as well. Though the install process is weird. You have to download the .crx files from the chrome store and drag/drop them into the extentions window to install. After you do it once its easy.

Im not a fan of the numerous forks available for this browser. For some reason firefox just can't properly render certian pages and it is always invariably slow.

Anyone concerned with the matters ITT needs to lurk moar in Holla Forums or halfchan /g/ for a while.
tldr use waterfox or palememe

Mint is just as easy to use as Ubuntu.

What's wrong with Brave?

Isn't it based in chromium?

mint xfce ftw

no extensions
can't change default search provider
can't disable webrtc which leaks your ip
there is more but I can't remember

You can change your default search provider. I'm using Startpage.

They're killing the fucking internet! It's finally habbening!
=ICECAT!?!?!?==
What do!? Is it good!?

Enjoy your NSA buttrape, you deserve it.

What source for icecat is to be trusted!? HALP!

searx.me is another you can check out.

you could try their website gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/

TY user

Other than the fact that Brave doesn't seem to support a dark theme or skin, it's basically perfect in all ways.

Will this affect forks, like Palemoon?

and I'm the guy who wrote the guide on /poltech/
at least give people the disclaimer about all versions 18 and up having systemd in it and what that is

Palemoon has its own separate source code so it should probably be fine. Don't take my word for it though.

Except the fact that it runs chromium and therefore is jewgle's reskinned botnet. Learn to use wireshark and show us how it calls home to jewgle.

No, pale moon's fork is completely independent. It separated from kikefox in 2007, avoided bad UI changes and this "hello" spyware crap.

wew lad brave is explicitly anti-sjw, but still shit

Palemoon cucked out on adnauseum, and the furry owner labeled it as a malware/clickbot
but then again adnauseum is owned by literal kikes

He cucked out on adnauseam, but he didn't cuck out when some shady fucks wanted him to install a backdoor. I think he cucked out on adnauseam thing because he gets part of ad revenue from palemoon ads. He talked about this on the forum in FAQ section I think. Still, it doesn't matter what he thinks. You can go to about:config, disable his blocklist and run ad nauseam to heart's content.

Workaround for pale moon:

1. Type about:config into your url bar
2. Click yes when it tells you that dragons lurk there
3. Search for and locate the entry: extensions.blocklist.enabled
4. It should say "enabled". Click on it to toggle it to "disabled".
5. Restart the browser
6. Reinstall ad nauseum

Done

A very select few addons for Brave. I've used it. I wish they'd let you have Ublock Origin on it, but sadly, their ad blocking is total shit.

鼻先が完全にバレてるぞ
トップwewww あーやっぱさんせいさんせい

You use any specific block lists or keep stock with UBlock?

I am wondering, what kind of end goal could those adnauseum developer have if its made by kikes? Its like Jews trying to out Jew each other. My best guess would be that those adnauseum developers have like their own search engine or something else that is competing with google but they can not deploy it right now because google market share on search engine is too big for that to happen. But that would also beg the question how they are going get money out of that if they can't make money via ads anymore because too many users are using adblockers which is not a bad thing.

opera

Better not be a chink.

so what about that moonman browser 4cuck was making?

Holla Forums talked about it a bit too

NetRunner

yes, they also had aqua as a logo as well

Good luck having any webpage working without JS. Maybe GeoCities if you have some archived on your local disc.

Brave doesn't let me save certain file types, such as gif/webm/mp4, but maybe it's just me.

Firefox + ghacks user.js + VPN

github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js

icecat a cute

CUTE

I believe that it's going to stop getting support too soon. That's part of why I switched over to Pale Moon a few months back. I find it far less sluggish than Cyberfox.

That might be on your end. I've not experienced this issue yet.

So I tried brave and it's pretty cool. Runs way faster than firefox. I do have some annoyances

Overall it's pretty solid.

Firefox is for faggots.

use Yandex.

use Palemoon.

If you're bitching about "muh ZOGBrowser" you only have yourself to blame.

What to use on android?
I know its similar to 'what's good for Win10?', but surely there is something less-worse than the usual suspects if you're stuck with android?

Lightning
it's open source.

After lurking on Holla Forums, trying a dozen lesser known browsers and doing some surface investigation I made this shitty list to give concerned anons a direction.
I hope this helps anons to find the least awful browser for them, because oh boy there are no real god choices.
Chromium is officially the cancer E.T. of browsers, Modzilla has been deeply SJW before but now gets openly funded by Soros, both have their forks that try to lessen the cancer but they are constantly in danger of getting poisoned by the source.(if they are not already)
Then we have the lesser evil in the form of niche proprietary Browsers that allow the user to chose the engine they want to use, followed by the two questionable heroes of niche browsers:
Palemoon is from a degenerate furry and qutebrowser is only on Github which Holla Forums accuses of being cianiggers/sjw. They can turn out to be the heroes we not want but need or just another dagger in the back.
Afterwards we stumble into the realm of minimalistic browsers, who are fine if you ignore that they basically are for the eremites/zen buddhist people in the alternative OS crowd of Holla Forums.
And after that its basically the land of cool secure browsers that are sadly not made for windows, who have all equally bad add on support. Some are better than others.

Thanks user.

What "work" needs to be put into ungoogled-chromium?

Make sure after you installed it that the fucker does 100% not call home.
Check after every update if he has started to call home.
Install the right add ons.
Pray that google doesn't decide to fuck with the project for not following the company's culture.
Basically you have Ungoogled installed, but you cannot truly trust that its Ungoogled and have to check for yourself that it stays Ungoogled and its almost as much work as changing Chromium yourself to suit your needs.

t. KGB

This deserves to be a sticky on Holla Forums. Of course the problem with the best clearnet browsers will be the lack of addons.

Shame there is only a few out there like this browser. Missing on the add-on features, but luckily my old phone is rooted and I have AdAway to help out.

I just downloaded dooble. Are there any settings I should change or does the chart imply that the defaults all good?

Fuck it, I'll try Dooble I guess.

I prefer tails operating system on usb, cyberfox for clearnet browsing through any proxy, with all the usual addons and if Im posting on here and naming our enemy Id prefer to be on TOR, I feel like all the hate towards TOR is unfounded, I mean they own everything and as far as it stands its at least better than the pissing in the wind most faggots do here.

Icecat on windows is outdated and insecure because no one who cares about security or privacy uses windows.

Fear mongering disinformation belongs on Holla Forums.

Do you have a single shred of proof to back this up, or is this another Holla Forums disinformation meme?

Wish in one hand, shit in another, see which fills up first.
You may as well hope AMD will somehow beat Intel and NVIDIA and watch the hand partaking in semitic fetish work fill up faster.

>lurk more in the Holla Forums board for a cult of personality surrounding an obese jewish pedophile richard (((stallman))) instead of actually discussing technology
>>>/reddit/
May as well get firearm recommendations and info from some faggot cuckold hunter that thinks his deer hunting shotgun is the only gun anyone ever needs.

Chrome is bundled with it (Microsoft includes IE with their OS: class action lawsuit, oy vey shut it down, having your own option available totally prevents you from using another one! Google does the same fucking thing, not one peep) but the phone manufacturer typically includes their own browser on top of it. I personally use the (((samsung))) browser on my phone because fuck the competitor and it actually allows an in-browser adblocker addon to work unlike the neutered mobile version of chrome. It helps that phoneposting is cancer and I'm not going to connect to wifi to mitigate the captcha part of it because I have a data cap on both connections and may as well actually use the phone shit.

>>>/reddit/

Opera was bought out by Qihoo 360 if you didn't know. I think opera claimed they still are under european privacy laws, but you never know what could be going on (like how DDG operates). One could ring it through the dryer so to speak to see what is phoning home on or one could use something else.

So assumptions without proof, as expected.

No, everyone cares, but games are shit on Linux.

Holla Forums may be genuinely paranoid and a board of holier-than-thou linux sodomites, but they are usually right in the end. They smell decay before it becomes visible.

It is, but on Linux its one of the best browsers when it comes to privacy, hence why I called the top tier "secure browsers sadly not made for windows".
And yes using windows for security and privacy might seem like an oxymoron for people who are serious about it, but it would be still nice to have a browser option that isn't directly made by the enemy.

Even without getting spied on by China I wouldn't recommend Opera, they shat the bed hard when they switched from Presto(Opera 12) to Chromium/Blink(Opera 15 and onwards). The reason they had to sell their company to the Chinese in the first place was that they chased away their loyal users and customers with that move and that fuck up lead directly to the creation of Vivaldi(sadly also using Chromium/Blink) and lastly Otter Browser, both trying to recreate an improved Browser that is similar to Opera 12. So yeah Opera is basically dead and the community that made it moved to two other projects.
And if you think the concerns against Qihoo 360 are just baseless accusations, why don't you try their awesome in house browser "360 Security Browser"? You can find its totally original logo at the bottom of my list.

user not to be a needy fuckboy but all the icecat downloads I'm finding are for lunix even though it says its available for windows. Am I doing soething wrong? Please dont bully me im drunk and have been dumb enough to use waterfox all this time thinking it was different.

Last version for windows was Icecat 38.8.0: https //ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuzilla/38.8.0/

Where did I say I was presenting proof, retard? Shit, might as well use something bought by israelis as long as there is no evidence of snooping either. Like the other poster said, why not use an actual chink browser then? I mean there's probably one out there that has no evidence of snooping, so it is good to go according to you.

This, ReacOS looks really promising and easy to use.

you're such a cool dude user.

Github is indeed run my sjw jerks, but that doesn't mean that there are problems with qutebrowser. The sjws who run github don't write the code that their site is hosting.

Also, palemoon is coded by a large community, not just by that furrie guy who started the project.

These browsers probably belong in the tier above where you placed them.

Im getting so fucking tired of these communist niggers trying to censor everything holy fucking shit, just fuck off with your orwellian cancer

I hate to say this but it's a good thing that they are making the people in the cyber world very angry and may flip out. The cyberworld is literally our safe have to chat without problems and they made it PROBLEMATIC.

I dled waterfox for its source inspect its a shit runs fatter and more retarded than brave does

Had same problem, found out cosmetic theme was the cause.

Its made by a swiss guy as a sideproject who ran two kikestarter to finance his browser. Its fine besides this point, but considering how kikestarter projects turned out in the past its a source for concern.
There is the chance that it can turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread, but there is a bigger chance that he gets a better job, drops the project and says thanks for the money or he gets pozzed friends/gf in the future and starts to fly the fag colors.
Yeah but the AdNauseam topic has put into question how hungry they are for advertisement shekel, they have a good track record and a point against AdNauseam but they failed to handle it right.
If you run THE hotshit browser for underground imageboard wrongthinkers to stick it to the jew, you shouldn't block the newest fad of taking the jews shekel away and now is the question how they will react to all the grief they get for that.
Probably, the list isn't really good. I just searched the internet for every current browser, put the shit for human cattle in the 3rd world at the bottom, looked what is infected by Google and what will/is infected by Modzilla and then topped it off with their best forks.
Even if Ungoogled Chromium, Brave or SeaMonkey manage to remain untainted, why would you even want to use them at this point in time? The technology at their core is made by companies that want to throw us off the Internet, every derivative of them used is counted to their market share.
The yellow box is basically the place for browsers with a questionable future or use, I couldn't really get good information on the multi engine browsers, they are proprietary software, yet the companies behind them seem normal and they give their users a choice what to use.
And the green box is basically everything that is left if you cut away all the fat from the browser market.

brave is chromium based

I'm surprised so many people hate on Brave here… privacytools.io considers it one of their top 3 most secure browsers.

Sorry, you seem a lot more tech-savvy than me. How is IceCat not considered to be part of the Mozilla family?

You're a goddamn genius user

Use JGlossator. It does everything Rikaisama does, and more, and is FOSS, and doesn't require being a browser extension.

IceCat still belongs to the Modzilla family, but they removed all the corporate branding, have their own list of add ons and added security features other Firefox based browsers don't have. Its also under constant watch by the GNU project.

Iridium browser is p. damn good.

It's a de-Googled version of Chrome, compatible with all the extensions listed here.

No mobile version, unfortunately.

Why doesn't anybody develop a anti-advertisement AI plugin?

Shouldn't everybody just be using Tor browser all the time, anyways?

Hard to tell if that's even possible, not worth the risk.

Windows-only.

I just want to say thank you, kind Sir, for providing this utmost important sauce. Just downloaded Dooble and am overwhelmed with the options since I'm everything but tech-savvy. I'll try my best to make it as useful as possible for my internet ongoings. One thing I already like about Dooble is that it blocks JavaScript automatically without requiring some shitty add on like kikefox or kikemoon do. Now this is what I call a browser with options - I was always so baffled how little options Mozilla offers despite claiming to be open source.

Just switched to Qupzilla
not that it matters at this point. They can monitor everything about me

Don't forget to set up adnauseum if you can on Dooble. By the way, softserve 8ch ads aren't blocked by it so it shouldn't affect 8ch negatively in anyway.

Any idea how you're suppose to block ads on Dooble? Also it broke a lot of shit, like the settings on cuckchan won't work. It could be the most secure browser in the world but what's the point if it breaks every website to acomplish that?

ofc like all gahnoo plus linux software dooble has shit design, I can't help but think of TempleOS when I look at that logo lmao! how is GNU Icecat, I'm a sucker for normie FF because of all the awsome addons (vertical tabs is a must for me!).

Still based on chromium.
Still google

AdNauseam GIVES money to the ad providers aka google… why use it?

Temporarily, until advertisers see that they're paying up the ass for literally nothing. It's twice as effective if you only target Jewish, multiculti or shabbos goy websites/businesses and filter what you don't want to harm.

Trying Qupzilla for the first time. Very nice, but have some problems, like no plugins, and cant make somethings work, like DTube (Videos dont work. Also, unlike many Firefox forks, it doesnt have a about:config menu (unless it have it hidden). Any help/recommendation with qupzilla would be nice. So please help.

just switched to Vivaldi after the Pale Meme add-on bullshido. Its pretty nice, although it's fucking retarded that you have to manually wipe browser history less than a day old

Qupzilla doesn't have an about:config menu because it isn't a fork of Firefox, but uses the QtWebEngine.

You need to enable JavaScript so the settings can be used, plus you need to enable cookies and (I think, because you need to do it on kikefox, at least) browsing history. It doesn't "break" them, just disables the most used and unstable script you come accross websites. You don't really need an AdBlock if JavaScript gets blocked. I don't mind about the ads per se, but rather about their tracking algorithms, cookies and worms if pornsites pop up another window with ads.

Click through the privacy settings and you'll find what you need. But don't forget to set up a password for your profile, so guest users don't see what kind of shit you visit and search for.

That's as much as I can tell you since I am, like aforementioned, not tech-savvy myself.

Would like an opinion on Epic Privacy Browser.
epicbrowser.com/

does this affect the firefux tor-browser? my…uh… friend wants to know

Closed source. Might be sending your info to China. Made by poos.

Can't be trusted.

No. Tor took an older open-source ESR version (more stable / distributed to corps that need slower release cycles) of Firefox and then modified the code as they wanted.

They claim the code is auditable on request but they confirm it's not open-source. I call it the Pajeet Browser. Keeping a copy of it just b/c it has a free built-in proxy with switchable locations, that might come in handy for watching CBC or BBC etc content whereas Tor has random exits. I've tested and their proxy doesn't automatically get detected as such by a lot of sites. That said, will NOT be using it as a primary.

ATM I use a hardened Firefox via a great many about:config changes but will give IceCat a look.

my friend says "thanks, user"

It's probably getting to the point where it's probably best to use Tor all the time, even if you have a VPN.

increase the value of big data generated leads?

Also a version without it in AUR.

Time for web 3.0. We have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the next phase of the internet. We must do it for the white race.

Literally nigger-tier.

Then you don't care about privacy.

How GNU are you?

Wew lad
Just build it.

I'm using HostsMan on Windows and a hosts file on my Android.

I don't know about you guys but I got nightly firefox cause it had a switch that would make it run faster but was locked. After Nightly was actually done it asked if I wanted to "refresh"
After that it changed the window design and ran fucking beautifully.
Its just as, if not faster than Chrome now.

Gentoo removes firefox poz at compile time
You should install gentoo

Whats a good browser for OSX?

I tried Opera and it has issues rendering some sites. Firefox was always slower then Safari but I liked the plug-ins. Now they are Soros-net I need to find a replacement. May just end up going back to Safari if everything else is shit.

I am also interested in this.

We could commission Terry Davis to make one.

It's slow as balls, hardly anything works and the government owns most of the Tor nodes anyway so it's not that great for privacy on its own (although with maximum 1337 opsec, it is the best). Not to mention you get put on lists if you connect to it or download it with your home IP. Tor can be alright if you boot TAILS off a flash drive or floppy disk and only ever connect to it through a logless VPN.. and probably take a dozen other precautionary measures I don't know of. It's not practical as an everyday browser. Plus nobody on this board will take you seriously if your id is 000000 kek

Tor was created for intelligence agencies, not Holla Forums.

where {elitist == not-luddite-friendly}

Still, I agree in part due to the fact that many spergs have shit communication or marketing ability. Take IceCat for example - installation by the dev team could be made easier by setting up a ppa (repository) that means a simple apt-get (or yum etc) one line command would install the web browser. There is a ppa but not by the official group AFAIK

Thanks for saving me an install!

Ughh, I have to go check that out.
Everything is a con.

I think those trademark and version issues were finally put to rest since Debian no longer has "Iceweasel".

I wouldn't trust most proprietary games to run on my "dirty slut" Windows computer. On my current system I only use emulated and FOSS games.

Honestly, I watch videos externally with mpv. Complexity breeds bugs and web browsers are one of the worst offenders.

Plus, when you're talking about technology you don't want to look as idiotic as Trump trying to talk about Internet restriction.

If I had to guess, that's a framework for data sharing between programs on the same computer, not for sharing out of it, like you have the "recent documents" in GTK+. Also what says although that means you have to install it manually.

If you're on Jewtel, same story, unless you remove Intel ME.

I've never had palemoon crash on me unless I had 30+ tabs remain open for more than three days without shutdown. And that's kinda my fault anyway. Palemoon also handles webm just fine for me. (noscript, adblocker plus, ublock origin, referrer control, popup blocker ultimate, encryptedweb, and blank your monitor for night browsing.)

Fireshit on the other hand crashes all the fucking time and manages to be 20x slower than palemoon. Like actually dialup-tier slow. Since i use it as a normiesite browser I didn't install much in the way of addons, yet it's crash city.

I use palemoon for everyday browsing but I need something for normienet sites that noscript fucks to hell and back, like my job's website. Hate rightclick-allowing five different times just to get functionality on these laden-down overscripted privacy-violating garbage sites I unfortunately still have to visit. Based on the thread I'll try out icecat I guess, and Midori if I don't like icecat. Anything is better than fireshit.

Just install 17.3, it'll be manntained for a couple of years, after that, well, IDK, shitstem-d is being pushed into everything.

Dooble is the browser that says their focus is on security and privacy right?
If so, then it's default settings SHOULD be good enough for any casual user.. but it doesn't hurt to just go over some settings to make sure of it.

download dooble
My dick is diamonds for this browser now. Also, if you're an intellectual reject, you can always search for guides on how to use the browser. It's so fucking

Is Thunderbird going to be a problem as well, and, if so, what mail client should I move to?

I don't have that experience although there is an absurd and always growing amount of config changes needed for firefox to not phone home. And this always needs wireshark confirmation.

Recent versions of firefox are actually fast as all fuck, as long as multithreading is enabled. Especially when browsing large fast threads here it's the best I've ever found. Unfortunately Mozilla is throwing away 95% of my addons in a few months so I'll probably go to the slower (on a fast PC) palemoon.

any ad block and theme plug-ins for it? also enjoy the onetab extension

If they come out with a version of it minus all of their microsoft specific shit, but for linux, I'll try it kek

retard here. How the fuck do I install icecat for windows? There's no .exe (or readme) contained within the download.

Reminder that no matter what OS, browser, and VPN you use, everything you do on your computer is 100% observable if your machine has an intel chip with AMT

Brave wants to do some ad replacement within its browser. So probably a bad idea.

Protonmail is pretty good. Double password protection and does not share your IP address.

bumping for importance.

I'd like to know aswell.

I'll get started on the logo.

Breaking

Firefox has joined forces with WaPo and is going to fight against trolls

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/09/06/mozilla-washington-post-reinventing-online-comments/

I've heard this before but is there any proof?

beakerbrowser.com/

Best browser.

* Replaces censorable ICANN based internet with peer to peer system

* Next step in internet evolution

I would like to thank the OP for bringing this to my attention. Palememe was my adnauseam browser up until he posted this but now l will be running it on unsecured Firefox.

Feel free to collect my browsing data bitches.

It has a bulit in tracker/ad blocker

Whats my best bet for a mix of Firefox addon compatibility and privacy?

I smell some CIAniggers in here.

This would be blasphemy.

Looks familiar. Is that the Jewish Sandwich guy that got busted for being a MrPedoBear?

You mean Chrome?
Fucking goddamn everything is either a broken fork of FireFox, or a fork of the Chrome botnet.

They are the same browser, IceWeasel renamed to IceCat.

We also need to wean ourselves off all hosted apps and services. I've been working on bundling Nextcloud with some other open source apps to try and create a straightforward & secure self-hosting configuration that's easy enough for the less linux-savvy to set up. It will be docker based and hosted on Github. so people can check and build all from source if they wish. (Don't trust binaries from kind strangers)

Qubes is really the ultimate, designed from the ground up with maximum security and total with total isolation between apps in mind. Unfortunately, the latest versions depend on processor and chipset features that are not available in many systems.

TOR guys do a lot of work on eliminating potential privacy leaks in Firefox code. Could be worth looking into trying to unbundle the browser from the onion router part and use it on the normal web.

WebRTC only leaks your ip if you're using some crummy browser-extension based VPN. Best way to do VPN is from your router. Get one that is compatible with LEDE and you can set it up to force everything through VPN, with your PC not even knowing what your ISP IP address is.

WebRTC is a feature we may need, because it enables p2p apps in the browser, which could become very relevant to breaking the corporate monopolies.

They can't defeat us in the cyberworld. Doesn't matter what they do, we will find ways around. Tech brains don't become SJWs, we have all the brainpower we need. The ones calling the shots on censorship are not the ones that make it all work. The engineers at Google are livid.

Web 3.0 is going to be going back to basics of what was supposed to be a decentralised network.

Linux Mint.