Goemon/Mystical Ninja Thread

Translations of Ganbare Goemon 2 and 3 when?

When you learn Japanese and translate it.

Never, and you fucking know why.

Is there even someone translating any of those or other goemon games?

As far as I know, few of the FC ones have been fan translated, and I think a few of the SFC ones are in progress but stuck in fan translation hell. Aside from those, none to my knowledge.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I gathered when I tried to find translated ROMs of the games. Supposedly Ganbare Goemon 2 on the SFC is the best in the series.

off topic but isn't Ghideon a SJW faggot now?

GG2 is gaijin friendly, just play it.

I think I've heard some people say that, but if he is, the real question is whether he's professional enough to keep it out of his work and let the games speak for themselves.

Bigger issue is that they've released fucking nothing lately (as far as new stuff goes, I think the last things they put out were Lagrange Point and Dark Half), haven't had an update on the site since last June, and I hear on twitter if you ask for an update (which at this point is warranted; what the hell is going on with the translations for SMT if and RS2?) he'll block you. Oh, and also the fact that they've had like thirty in progress translations, and with only one or two seeing active work at any given time it leaves the rest tied up and stuck in fan translation hell.

MM2 and Rocket Slime GBA never ever.

yeah I think his faggotry might just extend to whining on the romhacking forums about 'problematic' hacks, haven't heard anything about it extending into a translation yet.

and god damn you for reminding me about rocket slime, I'll be fucking fluent in nip by the time that thing ever gets translated.

There's so many in progress translations that they've just been sitting on, likely for whenever they get around to them, so no one else can work on them in the meantime (given that there seems to be a rule of sorts about not having multiple translations for the same game in the works at the same time, hence there being very few games that have multiple finished ones, barring a few like Tales of Phantasia PS1 and Mystic Ark).

Super Goemon 2 > Super Goemon 4 > Super Goemon 1 > Super Goemon 3

Also, Mystical Ninja 64 is GoAT.

I heard it's because Konami doesn't wanna deal with the music licensing, or that the VC can't handle memory paks.

There actually isn't any such rule. Megami Tensei was picked up by another group despite Ghideon Zhi sitting on it for half a decade.
The main reason why nobody else picks em up is because of the reason they are stopped in the first place which is when a the hacker finds some complication somewhere when trying to insert the script like compression or lack of space.
Do not rely on fan translations too much. Go learn japanese, by the time the translation of your favorite game is done you'll be able to read and write it without much trouble.

I'd try to, but there's a few issues that make me a bit leery, namely that it seems like it would be hard to get used to trying to pick out where one word begins and another ends in a written language that doesn't use spaces much (especially when not too familiar with the vocabulary itself), as well as Kanji.

Cool, I'll give it a try.

kanji is definitely the worst aspect, not having spaces between words pales in comparison.

How long does it take to get use to automatically picking up on where one word begins and another ends?

it definitely doesn't happen overnight, it's mostly just learning vocab, and context.

I've only passed 3 semesters and haven't studied for years so my ability remains at roughly a 3rd or 4th grade level so I still struggle with reading all but the most baby-level sentences.