5th gen thread

The year of CD vs. cartridge, the 5th generation.
Post some good video gaems.

N64
PS1

SEGA

SEGA

Prove me wrong faggits
I'm actually a SEGA fan and own those 3 consoles, lets face it the PS1 had the biggest library.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If only Saturn had one core (and didn't launch before launch games were ready), it would have been easy to make games for and more powerful the Gaystation and would have a better library.

Know anyone retarded enough to buy a 3DO or Jaguar.?

32-bit machines were a good time. Every console pictured up top has at least a couple of worthwhile games on it (though Jaguar had Rayman and Tempest 2000 brought to Saturn and the original PlayStation).

The original PlayStation, as nice as it was, is overrated, with nearly every worthwhile game having better versions on Saturn, Windows/Mac, and even N64 in the case of Resident Evil 2. The ones that weren't looked like something that could run on the 3DO, which whittles the list of worthwhile PlayStation exclusives that look unique and interesting all the way down to what Universal published from Naughty Dog and Insomniac.

The original PlayStation was good if it was your only possible solution for computer games, but you'd probably have a better time if you combined an N64 or Saturn with a graphics-accelerated PC.

I was retarded enough to buy both. Never regretted buying the 3DO though

Both came out in 1993 dude. Jaguar didn't even have a CD by default. Shit is like the Cdi or virtual boy or something.

I'd very much put them in late 4th gen. The Saturn rang in the next generation of consoles at the time.

Who else been playing their sega saturns lately? I've been playing the panzer dragoon games after I had completed Cotton 2.

Holy crap someone else played XG2. I haven't heard anyone talk about that since I was a kid

Didn't play the second one, but my brother and I spent a whole summer playing the shit out of the first one. Good times.

britbong/canada-fag detected

Why is the PSX always shown with an historically incorrect DualShock 2 controller?
The controller came much later than the 5th gen PSX.

N64

PS1

Saturn

And that's about all I can think of. PS1 was good for RPGs, N64 was good for party games and platformers. And Saturn? Uh… experimental games?

IIRC that controller wasn't called the Dualshock 2 until the ps2 came out, it was just the "dual shock" and it existed before the ps2 slim , so i think it's usage is fair game

DS and DS2 are different controllers.

Assault Suit Leynos 2
Astal
Bulk Slash
Burning Rangers
Dark Savior
Devil Summoner Soul Hackers
Dragon Force 1 and 2
Enemy Zero
Guardian Heroes
Keio Flying Squadron 2
Legend of Oasis
Magic Knight Rayearth
Nights into Dreams
Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2
Princess Crown
Radiant Silvergun
Shining Force III
Shinrei Jusatsushi Taroumaru
Silhouette Mirage
Super Tempo
Three Dirty Dwarves
Virtual On Cybertroopers

Also sweet 60fps 3D fightans:
Dead or Alive
D-Xhird
Fighters Megamix
Fighting Vipers
Goiken Muyou - Anarchy in the Nippon
Last Bronx
Virtua Fighter 2
Zero Divide the Final Conflict

GEEEEE, IT SURE IS UNDERAGE AROUND HERE.

The only reason anyone gives a shit about it still is because it has the nintendo name on it. That's it.

always wanted to play this, never got the chance.

It was still part of that gen faggot

The CDI was just another virtual boy. A thing no one asked for from nintendo but they went ahead with it since theoretically it would make them the most shekels. Too bad they were a decade too early to start fleecing their fanbase.

Are you retarded? Nintendo didn't develop the CDI, they were involved with its development about 0.00000000001% at the start. If anything they contributed more to the Playstation.

Philips developed it you utter twat

By your logic they developed the Playstation too.

Really? I wasn't aware backstabbing one company to maximize shekels by going to a cheaper company means they developed it. I guess if we are going this far then I wonder why so many liberals enjoy nintendo products since Foxconn develops nintendo hardware!

Best version of Lunar 3 in English NEVER EVER

ah ok you're just a troll

enjoy ur shit reaction images, anyway the real story is on wikipedia when you want to correct your false knowledge

Close, but no cigar, my friend.

JP Saturn > PSX > N64 > US/EU Saturn > 3DO > PC-FX > Jaguar

NOW GO PLAY SOME SEGA SATURN!

ddr wasn't for the saturn you playslave

holy shit you can't get any more pleb than this

My aniki.

more of a cotton person myself, but Keioh deserves a lot of recognition too

SEGATA-
SANSHIRO
SEGATA-
SANSHIRO

How nostalgic. She was my first vidya fap.

this thread and these games should be on page 1.

bump

Resident Evil 2 was only "better" on N64 because it was a release late in the life of both systems of an already completed game. It also suffered from what every N64 game suffered from, compression to save space.

Bump