Slav News

Pathologic Remake will be postponed until Autumn, 2017.
Reason? Unity is shit, but so are their coders.
And game become too bloated with all supergoals.

Best walking simulator - never ever.

Source:
ice-pick.com/en/moving-forward/#disqus_thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pdf-archive.com/2015/11/01/path-walkthrough-eng/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't think Pathologic is really a walking simulator. Also why the fuck would they choose unity?

Maybe cause it's free.

Well, at least they have new game designer. And yeah, demo-chapter release for backers in 2 months.

4chan-tier bait to get a thread rolling, not really necessary

Who knows, they used their own proprietary engine for their other four games

is it really a walking simulator tho?

As a 80€ sucker, I'm okay with this. I knew a current year release would be a bad idea ever since lucid dreaming was reached. Alpha version will scratch my itch while allowing me to give IPL all the feedback I can.

No it is not a walking simulator.

so is UE4

I did have hope that they would have learned their lesson after how many people were pissed about the similar Knock-Knock delay

Sort of. It's sorta like Gone Home, except much longer, much more detailed, way more intriguing world, more to do, and less fucking gay.

Gone Home does not have intricate survival RPG mechanics and does not make people cry about how hard it is

yeah, i've played it and i dont really consider it a walking simulator yes you do a lot of walking but its not the same

What I'm saying is that it's a walking simulator done right.

I really don't see how you could consider it a walking simulator with how much you need to interact with the game mechanically.

i actually quit it on the 5th day with the butcher because of how stressful it was, i loved what i played of it and can understand why other people do tho, really, really good game

I guess you're right, it's more of an adventure game than a walking simulator. Not quite an RPG though.

You must be a masochist

I only say RPG because it was made by a group of Deus Ex megafans who call it an RPG, it's certainly an atypical one.

was there even a warning that the butcher would be harder?

As far as I remember there is none, but why would you start a game with the second character, get immediately tag-teamed and left hated by the whole town, and not think that maybe you picked the hard character ?

first days werent so hard, it's in the 5th day when everything starts going to shit that it gets retarded, that wasnt the reason i quit tho, i couldnt handle characters dying that's why

No, but I think they expected people to pick the one on the far left first, since Bachelor is definitely easier and Haruspex has a much harsher Day 1. He also has a higher learning curve to figure out how haruspicy works.

Haruspex is definitely meant to be the added challenge after the easy gameplay of bachelor. It introduces new mechanics and threats, and story wise he expands on the basic knowledge f the town learned through Bachelor's route. His last days are an absolute bitch, too.
Playing Bachelor after Haruspex would probably make for a boring playthrough.

All in all, I think Haruspex should be grayed out at the beginning.

I just hope that they do not die of starvation because life in russia is something between STALKER and Pathologic. I am not exaggerating.

I remember reading interviews about the development of Pathologic where they said they were all huddled together in a two-bedroom apartment making the game

I want to move to Russia from the US. Any advice?

i think that's in their kickstarter page, i read all of it a few weeks ago, it was fun

It's fine, ruble dropped so hard, they almost rich with their euro-dollar income.

Wait 4 years.

Try Finland.
It's what I did

What the fuck am I playing? Don't spoil pls

The worm attacked you near a small house by the railway station. You were supposed hide in there and get acquited with the resident. Go in there, its vital for you main quest iirc.

Isn't that the butcher side quest ? Totally optional, just like following the worm. What Bachelor absolutely needs to do day 1, after doing what Georgiy told you to, is find Rubin in the warehouses just left of the rightmost river. It's the only step not made perfectly clear by the journal.
As a rule, you need to make sure the main task has a final line preceded with ***. It means you completed the quest. Make sure you did that for the main ones. The optional tasks are just that, though recommended to get the full story.

**pdf-archive.com/2015/11/01/path-walkthrough-eng/
No shame in following that for the most confusing days. Keep in made this was made for the old translation so some names don't correspond**

So I bought this game after seeing this thread, the HD remake that is
I chose hauspex
So uh, would it be good to ask for a hint or help?
I feel horribly lost and scared and dying

Old news, I called this months ago anyway.

Unity is as good as the developers using it, Endless Legend runs in Unity, I don't recall a single complaint about this fact.

Play Bachelor first, seriously.
Haruspex have few unique mechanic, and, most important, he was born there. You need to know the city.