Touhou Netplay #13

Should have made the thread sooner.

Phantasmagoria of Flower View:
DL: mediafire.com/download/3gia1bwpw2z39wy/PoFV Netplay Pack.zip
Info: hastebin.com/raw/uviwiyigex
Wiki: en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Phantasmagoria_of_Flower_View

Hisoutensoku + Scarlet Weather Rhapsody:
DL: mediafire.com/download/ymrru5e0stydvst/Touhou 12.3 Hisoutensoku v1.10a eng patch v1.1a + 10.5 Hisouten v1.06a eng patch v1.1a + Sokuroll v1.3.rar
Info: hastebin.com/raw/xanohiyoga
Wiki: hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Touhou_Hisoutensoku_Wiki

Urban Legend in Limbo (Jap v1.11, don't update it if you want to play online):
DL: mega.nz/#!e5wnCJzK!x0KleZvTbLLChtsOF4kd0nVX7ZbFr8a5LIEyf8Qj6mE
Info: hastebin.com/raw/nelihivihe
Wiki: shinpiroku.koumakan.jp/

Meddlesome Magician 2:
A party game with races and fights.
Please refer to en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Daiundousai/Characters for info on how to play each character.
DL: mega.nz/#!ldgVQR6K!PM3TblpfKqMoiV7QRK_4emj7gH-TzkknboLDDeILmig
Info: hastebin.com/raw/xusesadeda

Touhou Hack and Slash:
A dungeon crawler with a leveling system.
DL: mediafire.com/download/jqb59bgu2q7hb2w/Touhou Hack & Slash.7z
Info: hastebin.com/raw/megaruhipe
Wiki: en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Hack_and_Slash

Touhou Boushuen - Age of Ethanols (2.18 jp):
A simple Age of Empires clone. Suitable for those unfamiliar with RTS.
DL: wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/蟒酒宴+ 2.18.7z
We also have an optional English version, if you can't read rune and want to learn what the menus say or play SP.
SP: wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/Boushuen English version 1.01a.7z
Note that we only use the 2.18 Japanese version for online play and this version is different in faction balance, it also lacks the Library faction.
Info: hastebin.com/raw/suwipujaba
Wiki: en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Age_of_Ethanols
Keyboard config translation: my.mixtape.moe/cysofn.txt

UT2K4 Unreal Touhou Mod:
This is a mod for UT2K4 that lets you play with Touhou models. Warning, it's almost 3GB but has the registry key and everything you need to play, just unzip and run. Don't forget the patch.
DL: mega.nz/#!mhBDgR7L!BW3Bn47M4vHCPm8Qsn2YdjmvxWBfeyYMEUgZweSv7wY
Patch: mega.nz/#!bgI0wb4K!l-wptbffWUV0mb8GCpwG4h-43rj-oTQkK5WrWU-VNXw

We have an IRC channel on irc.rizon.net, #2hu8ch which is mainly for tech support purposes and occasionally chatter for games that lack an in-game chat system like Soku or MM2. It's largely dead because we mostly use the thread for communication.

General discussion of Touhou gameplay is allowed and encouraged, though the main focus is organizing netplay matches.

NO SECONDARIES ALLOWED

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!qwBQWLhI!D5qFfwNXn2WzjQ9loW11V_H3uVbyGEh9upoB44O0SSA
mega.nz/#!Clo0iTLT!P5Y-7NX3kKMoui8sDVNJftIQzeM51JZRyVlYi5t3vtE
mega.nz/#!2lIk1BQZ!y8cwOeUOfx8FU67W45GeHvfYfMTDj2XPWDUtjaGkKK0
mega.nz/#!LwQzhYKC!M3u3Tjv46pc6kNqWcEDQKE7mBOIwF5PnK9oXzngFVhI
mega.nz/#!m8QywbAY!rlcflgMHtrkEjViq9lmBGBibqrQ-hrYPbrQaym50zy0
setomumcskin.ehoh.net/index.html
minetest.net/
setomumcskin.ehoh.net/index.html.
mega.nz/#!bhAhwDhY!iRtaRo2FA0H3E-CJvwDsUNP9TKGjBTH5XdvkFUjVG3U
mega.nz/#!LhZzFDZR!eqSKnBYGcI0KJTwiROi6Fd76PKUlKp5fMFVHPblMOJw
open-touhou.ru/forum/d-game
mega.nz/#!zFdhFZbZ!gUJU4SJbiYY8CW3m9DPEKoCvMedFIvrJsaAY4WfLY2M
bbs.mountblade.com.cn/thread-545215-1-1.html
8ch.net/v/threads.json
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump, anyone up for some games?

Soku

100.6.6.135:10800

Good games!

GGs, i probably should learn how to handle patchy in mid air. Did you go defensive once i started hitting you in that one match or were you going easy on me again?

Y-y-yes, I was j-j-just going easy on you.

I'd be up for some AoE/UT/KF/PoFV if there's anyone around.

Are there ever even enough people for AoE though?

I'll be able to play one I get back from work. ;_;.

I'm up for some games, actually.
not really AoE+ though

Rehosting

That picture is so adorable. Why is Clownpiece so free.

Good afternoon, Fairies.

I'm up for some games.

Good games!

GG Eye-eye. Still 2fast4me.

Hosting Killling Floor.
50.88.138.151:7777

Killing Floor is still just as bullshit with the FP spam and having perks tied to server hosters which means gotta unlock that stuff all over again.

I will be posting the stuff needed for Unreal 1 Adventure since Serious Suika is busted (Even if we could theoretically play First Encounter)

HERE IS THE STUFF FOR UNREAL 1 ADVENTURE

Maps
mega.nz/#!qwBQWLhI!D5qFfwNXn2WzjQ9loW11V_H3uVbyGEh9upoB44O0SSA

Music
mega.nz/#!Clo0iTLT!P5Y-7NX3kKMoui8sDVNJftIQzeM51JZRyVlYi5t3vtE

Sounds
mega.nz/#!2lIk1BQZ!y8cwOeUOfx8FU67W45GeHvfYfMTDj2XPWDUtjaGkKK0

System
mega.nz/#!LwQzhYKC!M3u3Tjv46pc6kNqWcEDQKE7mBOIwF5PnK9oXzngFVhI

Textures
mega.nz/#!m8QywbAY!rlcflgMHtrkEjViq9lmBGBibqrQ-hrYPbrQaym50zy0

Gottem

Oh damn, I missed it because I was sleeping.

Got it

Didn't you or someone else already upload these in the past?

I believe I did link them before in one of the older threads.

I thought something was odd when I already had the files.

Well the files are the same sizes so there shouldn't be any conflicting problems when we get started.

Morning, Fairies.

Up for vidya juegos.

still here
lokoko pls

Do you guys play mostly on the weekends?

It's been slower than usual lately, possibly due to school starting.

Well I hope to get a game in with you folks sometime, probably one of the FPS, so I hope you keep on truckin'

We'll be playing Minetest tomorrow. It should be fun and we'll be making mods.

Good afternoon, here's a bump.

It's Friday! Let's have some matches or something. It's especially been a long time since I had my last PoFV match against anyone and I bet I've gotten rusty at AoE by now

I sure hope there'll be enough players here before I turn in for the night

Morning, fairies.

Todays the day for Minetest.

s-sorry for being away for so long, everyone
if you want to, I can host something, as long as people join
I'm up for some minetest too, though

I really like card games, anyone want to teach me how to play rumbling spell orchestra? I read the rules and played around with making a deck, but learning with someone who knows how to play is always better.

Minetest server is started.

It's been discussed here before but we've never played it. Could be interesting.

Learning with other retards who also have no idea what they're doing is a fun way to learn card games too.

What is this Minetest and how do I join?

Come in the IRC.

Because I forgot to post this last time!

I ran minetest with system on jap locale and it ran in jap, but it doesn't have the option to change it to english apparently.
Jesus

Did you add 'language = EN' in minetest.conf at the main game folder?

It seems that we are short on skins so make sure to post one that you would like added.

There's a config setting for that. This is a private server.

Thanks.
Though it's strange that EN doesn't appear in the language settings list.

Clownpiece and Wakasagihime

Find your Touhou skin here, it has most characters except the ones from LoLK

setomumcskin.ehoh.net/index.html

If you find this, don't eat it.

We have a bunch of diamonds now. What do we do with them?

Group picture.

Does it make sense for there to be cars in a Touhou server?

As long as there are no buses.

It's best we don't mess with the radio until we get more quiet music.

Let's see what we can do with Mesecons.

What is Minetest? Is it Minecraft?

minetest.net/
It's like Minecraft but superior, free, and open source.

Why is it superior?

It doesn't run on java

- It runs a lot better, both in terms of the client and the server.
- It has a powerful and easy to use mod API.
- All mods run server side, so you don't have to painstakingly run and configure them yourself.
- You're not giving shekels to Notch.
-

For the end user how does it make it better?

Correction: Giving shekels to Microsoft.

make sense

It doesn't run like shit.

We completed the frame for our mountain. During this session, we had 16 unique players. To keep the server safe, it won't be kept running indefinitely. It was nice to see lurkers and new players. Despite being slow occasionally, we have quite a community here.

Can we still post characters to add?

By next session, there will be every character from setomumcskin.ehoh.net/index.html.

If there's a character that isn't in this pack, post a link. It must be 64x32.

That works, I was gonna post something from there anyways.

Speaking of safe, could you also make the occasional back-up of the world? I hate the idea of something happening to it and losing so much stuff.

THIS DISTURBS MY AUTISM EVERY SINGLE TIME

Here's a new highscore.

What was Serious Suika gonna be like. Just serious sam co-op with decent netplay?

Pretty much with 2hu characters, yes.

Oh, rip

Ehh nandette

Does anybody want to play some soku?

i can play a bit

Hosting
72.181.190.39:10800

GGs, I didn't think we would end up playing for that long. It went on so long I started to get tired.
Can you give me any tips on how to escape pressure? I ask because that's something I feel I have issues with.

ggs, remember to BE if you're trapped in the corner. it's good to block and be passive, but there are some escapable pressure you could have easily got out of if you used BE, notably when i was usiing yukari and remi

popular BE points are right after a melee since people usually follow up with a bullet to continue the string. example like rightblocked remi j2A, because usually she will throw out a j2C afterwards. some characters don't even need to BE it, they can just dash through if they anticipate the j2C

Border Escape - Highest chance of success.
High jump
Jump while holding block
Dash forward, possibly graze attack
Reversal
Mash - Works well if you're Okuu

Experiment with these against good players. But you should just avoid being pressured in the first place.

yes and another thing i forgot to mention is that BE is not just limited to escaping pressure, but also for positioning purposes to either prevent yourself from getting pressured or to close the gap so you can engage your opponent. the advantage for this is different for each character, since some BEs are better than others.

Let's play something! Anyone up?

I'm being ignored so I decided to find additional multiplayer Touhouge

Alright, first up is Touhou Ephemeris. See this badass motherfucker in the pic related? That a 2hu Worms clone, remember Worms? Well, you should, you casual. Let me explain it real quick

You move around with the arrow keys and charge/release your weapon with the space bar. You can shoot the environment causing holes and shit, try blowing a 2hu off the map or smh. Supports up to 8 players so it's bound to be enjoyable. You can also chat in-game so should be good

Managed to connect to myself in 2 minutes of setup, so multiplayer should be easy to configure

Next up is Touhou Takutikusu

I have no idea how fucking anything works but it seems to support 2-player coop and 2-player versus so whatever. Get off my back, I'm just giving you some options man. It's a game you can play and that's all you need to know yo. There also seem to be tutorial levels so just do those first if you want to get into it I guess.

I've heard of Worms but I've never played a single title

3rd is Touhou Urapani

You ever heard of Mario? It's this really obscure Jap platformer, imagine if you had a Touhou platformer that was like that and shit. Well, look no further. You jump, float, dash and there's all kinds of items. This thing goes up to 4 players and I have no fucking idea how netplay works.

Hopefully it'll be easy to configure but if there's any interest, we can find out together

I also downloaded that 3D sequel to Touhou Ethanols, but there was something wrong with it if I remember correctly. So there's no reason to talk about that, right?

I remember playing Worms World Party when I was younger. It was fun. We should play this.

It has DRM, right?

They're easy to get into and are also turn-based. No previous experience is necessary, it shouldn't be a problem to get used to the playstyle

If it does, I sure am not noticing it

Have you tried playing online?

Wanna try playing some of those games and RSO together? Get on IRC so that we can coordinate things better.

I don't see any servers in the Online section. I created a room but i have no idea how to try and connect to it using another client of Empires

I'm interested.
HOST WHEN

This requires more research.

And can't forget the links~

Touhou Bullet Ephemeris (Worms inspired):
mega.nz/#!bhAhwDhY!iRtaRo2FA0H3E-CJvwDsUNP9TKGjBTH5XdvkFUjVG3U

Touhou Ura Panic! (Cute platformer)
mega.nz/#!LhZzFDZR!eqSKnBYGcI0KJTwiROi6Fd76PKUlKp5fMFVHPblMOJw

With thanks to the Russian Touhou forum where I stole the original links from open-touhou.ru/forum/d-game

Thanks Satan.

Does anybody want to battle in some soku?

Ura Panic was fun! But I still want to try out Bullet Ephemeris today. I want to see what it's like playing it with other people.

And then there's also those 2 other games, Empires and Takutikusu.

Anyone wanna play some soku? I'm still terrible at it but i can host.

Well, I sure wanna try some Touhou Ephemeris right now.

Post screenshots of your Touhou Mario game please

I'm up for it. We've still got to figure out how exactly connecting to each other online works though

I completely forgot to make screenshots while we were playing

Ephemeris seems to be working fine!

To host you have to be using thplobby.exe, click the bottom right option, in the new tab click the IP option and then the bottom right option. You now have a room which is visible in the lobby executable. You might also have to open port 3300 for the room to work properly

Other people can connect to it by right-clicking the room, selecting the bottom option and then selecting the left option.

There still seems to be something wrong with connecting that I have to figure out but whatever

Also forgot to say that you have to run thpsrv.exe before you attempt creating a room.

Good evening, fairies. Let's have some games today as well!

If someone wants to set up a game or continue that 2hu mario one, message me on IRC - it's far easier to coordinate there.

I'd sure play Ephemeris if we get more than 2 people to play it (2 people meaning the host and me)

Bump

That picture reminds of this one kid that loved talking about Ligers. He also really liked Sonic and dinosaurs. I wonder if he still likes to give lectures.

She looks so happy on her Liger.

Ligers where fun.

Isn't Kokoro supposed to have a permanent poker face?

Nope, Gensokyo hardly has any recent-day technology. If a car by chance was eaten by a change in the barrier, then there would still be a problem of it running out of gasoline, not have the correct keys for it, etc, etc.

Well, according to the lore, things that get forgotten in the real world end in gensokyo.
Maybe a lot of functional cars from forgotten or abandoned car factories Detroit are already there somehow.

Motorcycles are fine though.

They have smartphones. A car wouldn't be out of the question. It could run on magic.

any word on how the NISA Touhou localization went?

Does it matter? We already know it's going to be bad and it's not even on the PC.

Anyone up for videogames? We still have to beat that 2hu mario clone and we didn't even start Touhou Takutikusu.

I'm awake and ready to play stuff

Get on IRC for chat?
s-sorry for taking this long to respond

Do most people just use the IRC for hosting and such now?

Everyone has an off day.

I see moon runes

It's more convenient to get replies instantly on IRC when there's a lot of technical back-and-forth going. That, and in-game chat in games that don't have it is nice.

I figured it was weird when some new things to play were found but there were no people hosting.

Input room info.
Decide room name. (12 chars max)
Enter comment. (20 chars max)
Put in password. (Half width ASCII 8 char max)
If no password, don't.
If room is made, go to stage select screen. If game is started, recruitment is stopped.
Create room.

This will be helpful for next time.

It's been slow lately

Can't be helped, people just don't appear that much. There's also school.

I'll be on this evening though, so if any of you want to play more 2hu vidya together, post and/or come to IRC.

Are there Touhou/bullet hell games that are PVP? Would you play one?

A lot of them. IaMP if you like playing fightans ironically, Soku or ULiL if you like playing fightans in general, PoFV if you like slinging bullets at eachother, MM2 for laggy River City Ransom beat-the-shit-out-of-eachother action, AoE+ if you're into real-time strategies and there's probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting.

I mean shmup/bullet hell, not fightan or other genres with touhous.

I'm also awake now so I'll be coming to IRC

Yeah, there's PoFV for Touhou and there's also Twinkle Star Sprites which I've never played before. PoFV is pretty fun and I like playing it against other people

Only PoFV and TSS. There should be more.

There's a Worms game starting in the IRC.

H-hey! Don't just start playing without posting in the thread first. It's illegal!

The game was still hosted. We were waiting for you.

The lobby background can be changed!

I need to try that game at some point.

This game…

It's good when a game has its files plainly available like this.

あっれー
それオレが構築したパターンじゃん
なにもう広まっちゃってるワケ?

I'm trying to find a song. I'm fairly certain it was by IOSYS and was a cover of Keine's theme with a really strange name, but I can't remember it. Any ideas?

おしえてほしいよ☆けーねせんせい
is the only one i find.

It's friday night! Hopefully we can get some games going today.

Forgot to post a link for Touhou Takutikusu -
mega.nz/#!zFdhFZbZ!gUJU4SJbiYY8CW3m9DPEKoCvMedFIvrJsaAY4WfLY2M

Minetest server is up. Come to the IRC for details and stuff

The decorations in this building are nice but the cobblestone walls are ugly. It's just a big rectangle made of rocks. Cobblestone is more appropriate for roads. Also, there's no roof.

I still need to make the shrine smaller

Do any of you see this, or is it just because of my permissions?

I see that, and anything I type in the search box just fine.

When you press the "give me" amount, it gives you the item?

bump

It's the weekend! That means you should be playing games. Why are you not playing games?

Hosting Touhou Takutikusu - use a server browser you fags.

Work in less than hour.

Looks kinda fun.

I'll be busy today, no games for me.

The thread was eaten by IRC again.

Spent all day sleeping again. Too late now, guess we can try some game tommorrow.

whats your favorite spin-off game of touhou, doesn't have to be anything multiplayer that we play here. Curious as most of them don't get much if any marketing

An accurate depiction of Sakuya vs Aya

Hosting HnS.

[yourname]

I don't think that was it

I remember it having vocals and a really cool guitar riff/melody as part of the chorus

Forgot to mention this is Normal.

Holla Forums would be rid of so many useless consensus shilling shitposters if we could ban Touhou. Isn;t there a /jp/ containment board here? that worked for 4/v/ for a VERY LONG time.

Ban this stupid GIRL POWER garbage.

Anti-sage deployed

bump

Accurate depiction of Utsuho vs Aya

You guys know of good 2hu mods for other games? Have you done your own when there aren't? Small time counts, for example I did one for Mount&Blade a long time ago, since I've no clue how to model I went and tweaked some lines from an existing japan mod, added new banners and music and messed with the locations.

We have mods for Unreal Tournament and Minetest. There's lots of Touhou mods, but we focus on the ones that support netplay.

Fucking Megamari.

I figured as much considering the title, but there's a lot more potential on singleplayer mods. Since this is basically the 2hu general I thought you guys would have some interesting mods to share, preferably that do not require setting up a party of autists to actually enjoy the game

This.

Bump for the night.

bump.

Cirno day soon™

Looks like we'll be playing Minetest today. Server will go up in around 10 hours.

Are you planning anything special?

I think I'll miss it because I'll be sleeping

Don't worry, it will still happen on Friday.

I wasn't able to go back to sleep when I woke up after several hours of sleeping. I guess I'll be able to play after all.

Minetest server is up.

What is she plotting?

She's plotting to raid Reisen's closet and give everyone a heart attack.

Happy ⑨ day everyone. What games will we play later for this special occasion?

I want to continue playing Ura Panic and Minetest!

Any linux players here?

I just bought a gamepad and was playing through the old Touhou games again and I got to SA. I am running it in 1.9.1 but the gamepad isn't being recognized by it. So far every windows game to that point has played perfectly with the game pad. I have the "Do not use DirectInput for joypad input" box unchecked, but it still won't recognize. Any one else recommend a version of Wine to run?

That's a common problem in SA, not just with Wine. Try using an input mapper.

bump

bump

Anyone have a link for Rhythm Carnival Scarlet?
The mega links on moriyashrine are kill.

Is Moriyashrine still maintained?

It's Saturday and we didn't even play anything yesterday! Let's do something to make up for it

Anyone up for something?

Want to play Worms?

Sure, I'm up for it

Guess I could.

Shall I do the hosting then? Lobby is up and can be found using the lobby executable

This is confusing!

Where is that mod? I googled Touhou Mount & Blade and aside from one youtube video in what I only assume is Russian/Slavic/vodkarunes with no download link, there was nothing.

If you'd actually read the post you were quoting, you'd have understood that he made the mod himself.

Minetest is up.

There's more than one 2hu mod out there, I thought he might have made the one I saw on youtube, and doing even more indepth searching, I found this on a Chinese M&B Warband forum:

bbs.mountblade.com.cn/thread-545215-1-1.html

That game was fun. I am considering doing single player with all the characters since they all have story dialog I never saw.

Kind of want to give the treasure hunter game another shot. I don't think I gave it a fair shake.

Anyone check out the game from NISA yet? Wondering how bad they fucked with my 2hus.

It's probably shit like most Chinese mods.

Can confirm

Have you tried out that mod yourself?

see
It's supposed to come out in December.

bump

You tried it?

No, but DotS is a Chinese mod and its pretty unbalanced, used to be really buggy and have bad hitboxes. Now all thats missing is tooltip's and girls that have yet to be added.
It's got a real unfinished touch to even some of the released characters.

Are we going to play any games soon?

We should. But are we actually going to? Anyone still alive in here?

I'm here and willing to play some more touhou worms

I'm here and up for anything, really.

Alright! 3 is a good enough number for me. How about we play some Ephemeris for starters? I'll start hosting in a minute

It gives me an error when I try to connect.

We're in a match right now. Wait a bit and I'll post when we're in the lobby

We're in the lobby now

Rehosting the lobby

I crashed for whatever reason. Nice nipcode.

In the lobby again!

Lobby again

Server down. We had some fun matches

Good Morning, Fairies.

videogames are fun

bump

Might as well bump with some webm.
Touhou Diablo is quite addictive.

That looks good.
Does it work well with a mouse?
Does it have multiplayer?

Somewhat, didn't play too long with a mouse.
Yes 4 player coop.

Wasn't it 8 player coop? We tested a couple months back and it supported 5 players or so and the specifications said it went up to 8. However it seems like it's limited to lan-only, and there's other issues with playing it online like how mobs don't appear anywhere in the levels except near the host player and quests can only be accepted by the host as well.
As long as your mouse wheel works, yeah. Playing with a mouse is a must because the game lacks keyboard support so it's either that or a Joystick/Gamepad.

Bump.

bunp

bumpbumpmaru

Fridays are for playing games! It's time to wake up

The closest we have come to playing anything recently is with the irc bot. I can host something in around 4 hours. What would you like to play?

How about Ura Panic, Hack & Slash and or Minetest

Touhou Killing Floor host

type in console.
open gambithosting.com:7777

Its just always running.

How different the world must have seemed.

I FINALLY DID. MY HEART IS RACING. MY FINGERS ARE SHAKING
feels great man. I finally beat that damn vampire loli. onto reimu b now.

But, thats just normal.

Soku

100.6.6.135:10800

Couldn't join or spectate, I assume someone already got it.

Try again

Server was a killed?

Small steps my friend. Managed to get to Sakuya's boss fight before I had to continue on Reimu b. I had to continue again during Remilia. I guess I relied too heavily on the homing amulets.

Yeah I was playing Raymoo on LoLK last night and was blazing through the levels and struggling with the bosses. I took a break and switched to Marisha and was stuggling on the levels and blazing though the bosses.
that section on CP's level where the butterflies come through was a bitch.

Oy, it's Saturday night. C'mon let's play something

Well, it's a start! Are you doing hard mode next?

Good luck with future 1ccs.

It's a great feeling to beat these games.

I wish Touhou MMD movie trailer parodies were more of a thing. They are great.

I wish it was easier to get into making MMDs.

I'm starting to think we should just let the thread die if there's such a lack of people able to play. Maybe start this up again during the holidays?

how do i stop this

Some of us are in school. I was unable to host recently due to a move. We should have a meeting to discern everyone's status and decide the course of action.

You struggle with the final bosses? Practice them.

Seconding. Can't into netplay lately because uni, so it's weekends only for me.

Maybe it could be a thread made during the weekends, with an IRC that is active all week for people who want to use it?

I'm working but I do have time to play once I get home and eat.

These threads last for weeks, so it wouldn't make sense to have them over a weekend.

Eh, you never know when people want to play suku and PoFV, so our current pace is fine, I think. Still though, it'd be nice to know when people are up so that we could try to schedule games to make people, well, play videogames.

Hopefully.

bamuppu

Only one bump in the thread and not a peep in IRC today. I haven't gotten a chance to talk to most of you about this, but we had a discussion on IRC and hatched the idea to move the thread to /thg/. We would be using that along with IRC as out meeting place. The upside is that we don't have to worry about bumps. The downside is that it would potentially make us even less active. Thoughts?

Fun fact: Our thread is the oldest currently on Holla Forums.
curl -s 8ch.net/v/threads.json | jq -r '.[].threads[].no' | sort

You can't give up after one dry spell.

It's not giving up, it's a tactical retreat!

Does anyone want to play soku?

I can play for a bit.

72.180.18.24:10800

Is it alive?

Those trips are alive.

Does anyone want to play some more soku tonight?

Want to play with me again?

sure
72.180.18.24:10800

What is the problem with playing ULiL after v1.11? Is it true that it has DRM?

I have tried it several times after the fact, one in english, and one not in english, pass 1.11, and it worked fine. I think it was a combination of several other issues that caused issues.

The real problem with ULiL is that the netcode is bad so you have play with people close to get a decent experience.

Touhou Doom cooperative.

I got bullied by Yuyuko.

More maps need starting gear.

Why is it so rare to see active players of the mainline shmups on Holla Forums?

I'm planning to remake the thread on Holla Forums once we hit 300. We should see how it goes and make our decision later.

Because most people just enjoy it for the cute characters. I am bothering Porchmonkey to try and get him to allow .rpy files so we can share our playthroughs. I figure it only took me six months of daily whining to get him to up file sizes so something small like this should only be one or two months.

You seem familiar. Why not just use a replay archive?

Because it is fucking retarded when we could just upload them right here to back out shitposting up. I visit this site alone 99% of the time. The only time I visit somewhere else is when I want to do a massive doujinshi sweep once every few months and whenever a new game is released.

I've only cleared a few normal runs, there's not much to discuss about that.

Have you made a thread on >>>/sudo/?
This conversation is familiar….
>>>/thg/197
>>>/thg/198
My response is the same. It wouldn't make sense to have replay uploading here.

That's the thing. I only know one player in this thread besides myself that has beaten Lunatic. As far as I know, this is the only group on Holla Forums that plays. There's plenty of potential players. That is, players that are dedicated, resent mainstream gaming, don't mind Japanese games, and enjoy a challenge. It seems that Holla Forums is ripe for players that would enjoy taking these games seriously, so why isn't there?

No we haven't had this discussion unless you are a member of The Elitist Superstructure certain news groups. Have you ever been to touhou.bullet.bullet.rape?

Also someone on /a/ cleared IN on Lunatic a thread or two ago.

There are people on 8ch that play. A lot of them. But the collapse of /2hu/ because of ausfag's rampant camwhoring and tranny bullshit scattered them to the four winds. Most /a/ users won't come to Holla Forums. /jp/ won't ever crossboard here. The Cabal has retreated into their own private IRC server and pretty much just shitposts 8ch constantly since the genetic dud stole their board and gave it to the tranny.

No. What's that?
Without continues?
I don't follow you here. Which cabal are you talking about?

Were you able to get multiplayer to work with touhou doom?

Kind of. It started with two of us wanting to host but neither of us were able to get it working. A third person hosted but only one of us could connect, so there were only two players. Those screenshots are from our session. We did the Attack on Gensokyo and Yuyuko levels. We also had a few technical problems, like having to rely on cheats to get weapons.

Yeah the weapon and ammo placements aren't made for multiplayer at all so that isn't a surprise.
What do you use to make it work? I assume zandronum, but I thought the wad didn't work there.

You are too young to understand.

One continue, he said he was going to grind away until he 1cc'd it but who knows if he got it or not.

Don't worry about it.

We used Zandronum. It works on the development releases.

New thread: