Does this deserve to be called one of the greatest games of all time?

Does this deserve to be called one of the greatest games of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

playthatgame.co.uk/?action=biglist&num=4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't think I've ever heard it called that before.

No.

But it's okay when Nintendo lies right?

playthatgame.co.uk/?action=biglist&num=4

It was one of my most dissapointing purchases. I beat it in what seemed like 20 minutes and I had no desire to play it again. It's quite concerning that people like OP revere it. The rumblepack was a better get than the game.

This is also a website that lists FO3 as the 42nd best game ever made.
I don't think you should take their opinion too seriously.

No, but it's fun and unique. I wish there were more games like it.

A starfox sequel is unique?

It's not identical to Star Fox SNES. It builds upon the mechanics introduced there to create a more enjoyable experience, not to mention it takes advantage of being on far superior hardware.

No, it's terrible and lasts like two hours

Not one of the best, but it was fantastic. My second favorite 64 game next to Pokémon Snap

Zero is better.

It depends on how long your "greatest" list is. I wouldn't put it on anything reasonably sized, especially when Panzer Dragoon exists

Doubt.png

No.

Fuck off gook.

Maybe some goodhearted person whos sole possesion is an N64 and Lylat Wars. I like that kind of enthusiasm.

It was ok. If it was made now the terrorism you do in it would have to be edited out, or made more realistic.

Games about blowing the fuck out of everything. Fucking Japs. Implying nanking was not enough in every fucking game.

The thing is I don't think there is a qualifier for what is and is not "greatest of all time", so trying to apply that title to any game is going to be impossible and ultimately come down to personal preference and bias.

For instance, my absolute favorite game of all time is The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. I think it is a masterpiece in nearly all aspects, from story to gameplay to music. But to someone else who DOESN'T have the fond memories of this game, all they will see is a somewhat forgettable story, watered-down rehash gameplay and next to no opinion on music.

Is Starfox 64 a fun game? Sure, I enjoy it both on N64 and on 3DS. But without solid guidelines on defining "greatest game" (which, as I established, can not exist) then I can't say that it deserves to be called greatest of anything.

Its one of my personal favorites because it tickles my autism in all the right ways in the same way Ace Combat does. I don't think you could call it one of the greatest games though.

well i have fond memories of it. i played it during a period of my life where i could say i more or less enjoyed being alive.
whats greater than that? not much.

I guess I should be thankful.

Classic? Maybe. One of the greatest? No.

No, it was a decent game but nothing revolutionary or exceptional. The reason it is so loved is because it introduced lots of people to a new genre.

It was fun but that's about it. If they remake it with more detail on the planets maybe it could res the series. Oh, who am I kidding.

THE LAST LINE HAS BEEN BREACHED!

why lie on an anonymous board

Original Starfox was better. So was the original Super Mario Kart.

Nice bait

yes

WHO ARE YOU GUYS?!

Original Star Fox isnt good unless you played it at launch.

I'de say yes considering I probably have over 400 hours in this fucking game and have gotten a medal for each place in hard mode.

I can't really find a giant flaw in the games design save maybe not allowing you to fucking save. A single game can last up to an hour and a half if you're trying to get medals and shit.

What bearing does elapsed time have on a game's quality?

No. But this is.

Yes.

It's nostalgia that gear people towards it. I've played both games on release and can honestly say that the original has aged horribly in comparison to 64. It's still fun though.

ayy

My nigger

Maybe one of the greatest rail shooters, and easily the greatest in its series, but all-time? Nah. Not quite big enough for that.

Bait.