Atrox reboot

Atrox, latin meaning for Atrocious.

gameswalls.com/atrox
youtube.com/watch?v=4wqAmhYx9aY

This could make for a really great reboot now in 2020 as a first person shooter like it initially was suppose to be. A FPS would have been much better than a korean RTS rip-off of Starcraft 1.
The real game is yeah, just a shitty RTS with a piss-poor engine.

But look at the trailer, somebody had to create all those 3D sets and models before they animated them for the trailer. I wonder why they didn't try to go for that originally.

Other urls found in this thread:

old-games.com/download/9073/atrox
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/atrox-korean-starcraft-clone---english-language-ripiso/
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/atrox/
ebay.com/itm/ATROX-PC-CD-ROM-RARE-CARDBOARD-BOX-VERSION-RTS-FREE-POST-TRUSTED-SELLER-/122099610036?hash=item1c6db431b4:g:0Z4AAOSwV0RXvhuK
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you trying to meme an Atrox reboot into reality ?
Gotta give it to you, you have been going at it for at least a year.

I did mention it from time to time, but I think in 12 months I've only mentioned it like what…. 20 times? If I wanted to meme magic it into existence I would have bothered entire companies about it and big-ass youtube celebrities like Husky and Pewdieshit.

In those twelve months you could've been learning how to just like make game.

Not everyone can learn how to program and graphic art if they don't have the talent for it. I'd probably make the shittiest, most amateuristic indie shit you've seen, worse than Minecraft.

You can learn by copying, sure. But you'll never be able to execute it with a massive amount of talent unless your personality and brain was built for it.

I believe the point of meme magic is to just spam and talk about shit without actually doing anything.
In reality someone actually picks up what you are saying and puts it into action. It's the lazy man's magic.

On topic I am unfamiliar with the lore. What would the FPS be like ?
Some human soldiers fighting an alien race and an infestation ?

Nigga don't make excuses. You see those great artists? They're not born great. They work at it.

meh, at least some SSI gaems are now playable without jumping multiple hoops.

The Createse reminds me of that Scorn game.

Anyone else wanna magic this into existence?

Is the original worth a playthrough?

If you're good at multi-tasking, cheating, tricking, prioritizing the correct amount of units. Yeah.
But otherwise the AI goes limp after 20 minutes. It stops attacking and producing anything after a set amount of time.

The best way to deal with him in the campaign is to kill every pre-set unit on the map which was already there. Because this AI enjoys amassing a huge army with everything he has and kicking your ass with it. The koreans basically copy-pasted every onslaught/invasion type AI into every scenario.

Otherwise no. The gameplay is shit in practice.
There's some really cool ideas here and there, but the execution is terrible.

For example you can have an invisible bunker which can fly! and still shoot.
Sadly there's a number of problems: You can only load in 2 types of hominian/terran units which deal crap damage at a slow DPS.
The bunker is incredibly slow when it lands and takes off. It only lasts cloaked for 20 seconds or so. It's stupidly underpowered and unusable in practice despite its cool concept.

But the alien worlds are cool as hell. Very atmospheric. The terrain actually feels like you're on an alien planet, not like Halo and Starcraft where you fight on grasslands on dirt.
Every terrain in Atrox feels like the Twilight tileset from Starcraft and some even creepier and much more alien-like.

old-games.com/download/9073/atrox
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/atrox-korean-starcraft-clone---english-language-ripiso/
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/atrox/

Pick a download link if you want to play some gook sci-fi rts.

ebay.com/itm/ATROX-PC-CD-ROM-RARE-CARDBOARD-BOX-VERSION-RTS-FREE-POST-TRUSTED-SELLER-/122099610036?hash=item1c6db431b4:g:0Z4AAOSwV0RXvhuK

Excerpt from the game's official site:

"Federal year 563, a problem occurred when virus penetrated into the central computer. The virus, which penetrated into the central computer was turned out to be the Delta, which was Black angel, presumed to be dead 500 years ago. And they penetrated into the people's mind who were living in the virtual space. And they erupt a war against the human being. The Federal military, which was controlled by the central computer, got totally wiped out recklessly, and rest of the survivors was managed to escape to the Polar Regions. Soon, people began to gather at the polar regions after finding out that the chip in their brains controlled by the computer could not be reached in the cold regions as well. Within 3 years, Deltas subjugated the earth and call themselves 'Createse', who became a new owner of the earth.

Delta found out that Buraman who predicted about the chaos of the earth 500 years ago, was a lineage from the identical twins. After realizing that Buraman's direct lineage had settled in Eol Sha planet of Colduran nebula, Delta dispatched fleets to the planet. Firstly, the Createse subjugated 4
nebulas and began to expand their territory. But the Createse's power got weakened
by strange magnetic wave surrounded in Coldura. So the Createse quickly returned
to the earth. The Intelion, who was successfully defeated themselves against the
Createse, started heading to the earth.

The last lineage of the human-being on earth, the Hominian, which
was expanding their territory while hiding themselves in the
polar region, manipulated themseves as cyborg to avoid
Delta's computer threat. The Hominian used the
opportunity when the Createse and the Intelion were
engaged in a war, which brought weakness of the both
sides. And the Hominian escaped to the another space
while leaving a small number of troops in the polar region.

The war between the Createse and the Intelion
continued to another 50 years. Whereas, the
Createse invented a mutated generic creature to
get out of the regions they used to live. So the
Createse were able to make up their weak point
and began to attack Delta's 003 planet,
which was the main source of Calosoid mineral
in the outer space where the Intelion was
positioned. At the same time, the Hominian
that was launching guerrilla warfare while
hiding them in the Polar Regions began to
attack the Createse with the joint operation
with the other Hominian in the space.

Therefore, 390 in Createse years, final
battle began among the Intelion, the
Createse and the Hominian, and this is
called 'Atrox War', which brought a
great impact in the space history.

The story seems riddled with interesting ideas, but that's the problem - they're riddled, they're not clearly explained and expanded on. Plus that typical broken english you'd expect out of the asians.

The game is pretty old to be supported in the current systems and graphics will most likely be all fuzzy when you launch it. How to get around this:

-Launch the game
-Alt-tab out
-Kill explorer.exe
(either through cmd "taskkill /f /im explorer.exe" or through task manager)
-Enjoy the game.

[to re-run explorer.exe, just type "explorer.exe" to cmd, or file > run new task and "explorer.exe" on task manager]

In 2334 AD, a descendent of Albert Einstein attempted to separate the good and evil present in humans into two different types of cells - the Black and White angels. The Black angels gave rise to special human cyborgs called CREATESE, while the White angels gave rise to the INTELION. Now the CREATESE, INTELION and the last Humans (HOMINIAN) on earth have to fight it out for their own land in the Real Time Strategy Simulation Game, ATROX PC.

Wait I thought the Createse were organic and the Intelion were robots.
Is this the Matrix?
Wait how the hell is the military controlled by a computer(The Matrix?)
Is this still happening in cyber space or they got out of virtual reality and now they're back in the real world which is a hellhole?
Ah ok it's the Matrix.

A lot of interesting, albeit generic and unoriginal ideas. But if they had executed it in a proper manner then this could have made for a really bitching ass game. But so far it's not even a clusterfuck of ideas because they never get touched upon in the actual game. Just like Starcraft's story and cinematics never happen inside the actual gameplay.

awaiting posts

bump

boop

I hate the camera guy in the webm

how hard is it to not run your fucking fingernails along the side of the camera you fuck