No man's sky will only start being fun after approximately 20 hours in

Do you agree with him, lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/mpARy,
tweetsave.com/nomanssky/status/762689080245252096
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, these types of games are inherently unfun and have no appeal.

/thread

Who gives a shit, its a game for cucks and redditors and you would have to be fucking stupid to have bought it to begin with.

he probably didn't find out you have to complete the game 13 times yet

Post it in one of the other 20000 NMS threads.

Pounding a nail through your dick might feel pretty good after 20 hours in too, but I see no reason to let it get to that point.

That shit's not entertainment son, that's Stockholm syndrome.

It took him 20 hours to get his paycheck from $ony.

No, but then again I don't really watch LGR for his reviews, especially those of modern games.

If you've followed him for any amount of time you know he rarely, if ever, says anything negative about any game, and if he does he makes sure to point out all the good parts of the games as well.

I like it when he's doing coverage of old titles, old PCs and his Tech Tales.

Space Engine is amazing right from the start and it's not even a game.

yes, the only reason to enjoy his content is for old PC games, tech tales and oddware. New reviews are pretty shit.

absolute trash

The "game" got much better after I got over the initial grind. But even then, it was still an unfinished piece of shit that takes a special kind of autism to get any enjoyment from.

Reminder to only watch LGR for TechTales and LGR Thrifts.
Maybe some old reviews.

i see you havent got the news yet

sage

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

what is this and why is people saying you have to complete the game 13 times?

For the longest time we only knew about the first 13, because who the fuck would even waste the time later?

And then…

When you get to the center of a galaxy, the game resets and puts you in the next galaxy with no upgrades or money. People were thinking that you had to get to the center of all the galaxys to see the true ending, but now there are 255(?) Galaxies so fuck that.

Yeah no shit. Nobody likes to grind for boring resources when you have a small inventory. Especially not for 20 hours.

Now we have seen the data files, and know that it loops around after galaxy 255.

They basically expected the majority of players to give up five galaxies in.

W E W
E
W

why? what would even be the point? you've already seen everything by the time you get to the second galaxy, what a piece of shit

yeah sure

Absolute bullshit, the game doesnt have better levels/writing/gameplay. There is nothing to get good at and nothing changes

Autism?

The game doesn't levels/writing/gameplay

Forgot to add half the sentence, it doesnt magically get better levels/writing/gameplay after a few hours. But yea, the game is a walking simulator with all its content being randomly generated.

Its not that it gets better later, you only get used to it.

Honestly if you need to waste 20 hours in a game for it to be good it doesnt seem like a good game. There are slow starts, and then theres taking forever for nothing to happen.

Bro just keep playing! It gets really good after your first quintillion planets. Just give it a chance.

Wasn't there some other game either earlier this year or last year that had people saying it didn't get good until 20 hours in? I swear there was

Witcher 3 ?

I don't think it was the witcher, although I can't remember what it was to save my life

The only game I can think of that actually does get a lot better is final fantasy 13 but even that is like 10 hours in at best.

Fuck off.

Got to agree, he is a bit naive, I agree also with , his retro videos are comfy af

nah witcher 3 starts getting boring after all those hours, not better i got bored of it at around 50 hours and still havent completed it yet

I really doubt that.

It's worse than that. There is only one galaxy. From save editing, the planets and discoveries are all the same in all "galaxies", they merely put you at a random location when you reach the center and display a different name.

Then what's the point to the whole galaxy transition thing?

To trick idiots into thinking there's more content

If it puts you somewhere random then couldn't it just put you somewhere you've already been, or right next to a place you've been?

They probably havent made sure that doesnt happen, it does have 18 gorillion planets though so it might be a while before you see that shit pop up on the internet

tfw I'm only 9 hours in and I'm already feeling the doldrums setting in.

It can. The guy that demoed it put himself at the same location he was in the "previous" galaxy and his discovered world was right there.

That's even worse considering the devs hyped up the only thing to do in the game is to "reach the center of the universe"

Holy shit, this pile of shit just keeps on getting better and better.
Everytime I think that they can't possibily be bigger scumbags, they manage to suprise me anew.
And let me guess, there are still reetards out there who defend it with infinite replayability or something similar, right?

I don;t understand how this game will get betting 20 hours in. All the planets are the same with just different colors.

By then your brain will be so damaged that it will be reduced to the level of a normalfag and you will finally appreciate the game for what it is.

I assume they did it because almost no one will bother to reach the center and those that do would never see any other discoveries as a result.

two weeks after release and still nobody knows what is the actual goal of the game

Fuck. Can Hello Games be less legitimate? Sean Murray has lied on camera about absolutely every detail, yet there are still crowds on Steam saying "NAME ONE THING BESIDES MULTIPLAYER – BET YOU CAN'T !!!" Game devs are just going to sell to these idiots and leave me alone in greater and greater droves, too. I just hate these spineless cucks.This is the same attitude that took Guild Wars away from me and handed it over to absolute cucks.

By then, your refund period is long dead and you've wasted enough time looking for the GOTY "experience" you were hyping up. After 20 hours, you have to force yourself to love your $60 purchase and pull in as many people to suffer with you as possible so you can be "right".

Without this twisted mentality, Star Citizen wouldn't still be selling .JPEGS.

It's a time management game where you race to get the return processed.

It still feels like they were really padding it like crazy. If it was just "explore one randomly generated galaxy" with a smaller scope as a 20 or 30 dollar budget release, I'm sure people wouldn't be too harsh on it.

They could have made Star Control II: HD Edition and it would have been a good game, even if they decided to make it more casual. Fuck, they could have made The Patrician: Easy Mode in space and it would have absolutely smoked this piece of shit out of the water.

20 hours is a pretty long install time.

Most shills have stopped saying that after some guy on leddit compiled up every single lie that Sean Murray's told archive.is/mpARy, but now they just say that people are "taking things out of context" or "haven't found it yet in the 18 quadrillion planets." Is there any medium with more battered housewives than gaming? Even in TV, the most addicted to a show can still stand criticism most of the time.

Yeah, seem about right. People seem to really love this game: it has been released a little less than two weeks ago and it's still as fresh and popular as day one. Maybe we were wrong, maybe eighty quintilgorillas planets really does increases replayability after all…

I checked out of curiosity, even redditors think the game is a pile of garbage that's really saying something

I don't have the video but it was in an older thread

A sony game? Fun? Seriously doubt it. I wonder how much they were paid to say that.

Even 9fag, the most conformist website of all places, full of people who manage to be more Redditor than Redditor themselves, hate this game. That's saying something.

There have been so many 'reddit guy exposed' threads because people can't handle that old information that was never contradicted is still "valid". It is especially valid because No Man's Sky never had dev blogs or unscripted footage or any solid sources. Years of vague interviews is it.

They also massively twist his words.
"It doesn't matter if Sean Murray promised multiplayer in every single interview. He tweeted last day that there is no multiplayer!"
>Actual Tweet - The chances of two players ever crossing paths in a universe this large is pretty much zero." tweetsave.com/nomanssky/status/762689080245252096
"No. He confirmed multiplayer in that tweet."
"He said 'crossing paths' not 'actually seeing'!"

Tons of Steam discussion revolves around refunding (successful or not), but HG will walk out loaded and STILL be able to turn around and sell DLC and their next two mystery games. The fact that the majority of Steam thinks the 2-hour refund period is a bank and access to all Steam games as demos does not help at all. "Even if it turns out to be utter shit, just buy it anyways. If you don't like it, 2-hour refund policy!"

It was Destiny and that was exactly what I thought of when I saw this thread. I think it was someone at Bungie who said it, I can't remember

No Man's Sky is fun when you're not playing it.

Post-decision dissonance really is a bitch, when you know you were an idiot for falling for it, yet can't bring yourself to admit it to those around you, and especially those that "told you so", so you rationalize and defend the very people that fucked you over.

It's a vicious cycle that seems very difficult to break, though with the recent, almost monthly, parade of industry fuckups even the mouthbreathers are starting to catch on, and we're reaching a period of market saturation where the number of new suckers entering the market is diminishing, and the old suckers are wising up.

Comics.

they can't get anything right

How is it any different 20 hours in?

Does it suddenly transition from shooting rocks with a laser into something else?

Because all that happens is:

mine shit. Sell that shit to buy new gear to mine more shit or…

…travel to a new star system and repeat the same.

Also, all the planets have the same five different buildings where you solve the same "puzzles" to get new recipes.

Learning the alien languages feel pointless. There is nothing that motivates one to do anything in the game. It feels like WORK to play it.

And WORK is the opposite of PLAY.

I got bored after 10 hours, but the add-ons are great.

The thing that most of the fanboys don't seem to get is the scale of the lies told. Their defense is usually "oh, features change and are dropped during development! You're just a cynic who doesn't know how games are made!" despite the fact that most games don't advertise things that they later don't have and those that do are still talked about. Banjo-Tooie's Stop-N-Swop is still mentioned sixteen years holy shit later. NuMale's Sky fans then take that idea and apply it to the dozens of major features and hundreds of minor features missing, and genuinely think that they're equivalent.
I mean, they think that eighteen quadrillion planets would all be unique and wouldn't get boring. They're clearly unaware of scale, but they seem to lack knowledge of it in any context.

I used to shill for LGR when he was nothing, now i almost cant stand him. he's full tier reddit.

That comes becasue the fanboys don't give a single shit about the game by itself.
They see it only as a thing to have if you want to belong to some obscure group of the good guys.
If they'd care for the actual game, do you really belive that they would've bought into it in the first place?
They have it, they play it for half an hour to "experience" it and forget afterwards that it ever existed.
Any form of critisism has to be wrong, since the good guys would never make a bad desicion and get scammed to hell and back, right?

And if the next scam comes around, they'll fall for it again as long as it has enough marketing behind it.
You can only hope that rather sooner then later something new will be found that will attract the masses to spend their free time with, so that those parasites finally leave.

WOW! Glad I pre-ordered. NOT.

Reminder that an early access $25 game has substantially more to do, as well as being more "complete" than a $60 non-game released by an ((indie)) company that had financial backing from sony.

There's a maximum of 255 galaxies, once you go past 255 every new galaxy that is generated will be identical to #255 as the game is unable to generate a new seed past that point.

He went reddit-tier back when he did his dick kickem forever review

Oh yeah and the only thing that changes between galaxies is the name, all the planets are the literal same. You can easily use a save editor to import a previously discovered location when you travel to a "new" galaxy and appear in the exact same spot on the same world as in your "previous" galaxy.

I bet having a dick up your ass feels good after 20 hours, that's what LGR should, take a dick and shove it up his ass.

I like space engineers a lot but it runs like ass especially on planets. I've heard good things about Empyrion, though I've never played it

No Man's Sky is great, from a con-man's point of view.

You've never kissed anyone, have you?

orly?
picked it up from the last humble bundle but never really bothered playing it so I might give leveling an entire planet a go.

Did anyone try to make a thread on Holla Forums to start revolt because of the new file names? I bet it happened and it got deleted by Mark the Kike himself.

I think you should be bitching about that in >>>/sudo/ since mark has nothing to do with the site itself.

Of course he does. He is best friends with the guy that made it. It has been known for a long time that he has been circlejerking with the admins. They are in their own echo camber agreeing with each other and shit on anyone that doesn't agree. Holla Forums is one of the two big boards after all. Of course if it is important if you have the possibility to rally up people or you are just getting shut down.

Where do you think we are?

Typically you angle your heads when you kiss. Nobody has their lips "on top" unless you're nibbling/sucking on their upper/lower lip or something.

Can someone actually show me a concise summary of what this game is actually about?

It's fun to complain about it and mock it. Gives us something to talk about and agree on.

what?

Hotwheels has nothing to do with the site anymore and even when he was it was rare for mark to talk to him mid 2015 and after that he disappeared completely. This site is Codemonkey's and Jim's now. You want to bitch at site wide changes go to >>>/sudo/ since that's where codemonkey spends all his time in.

I should mention that you can essentially get "lucky" if you find a high danger planet covered in Gavitino Balls or whatever they are. Just scramble around dodging sentinels while looting those fuckers and they drop for a good amount of creds. Some other dangerous worlds have rare isotopes and minerals and shit that also sells really well.

The Atlas quest doesn't reset you. I don't know for sure if reaching the core does or not.

Gravitino balls are good, but Sac Venom is even better. They are WAY denser, don't summon Sentinals every time (still do occationally though), and rather than having to run to them to pick them up you just shoot them from a distance.

Haven't found a planet with Sac Venom yet. Found like two or three with the balls and one with some metallic bubbly plants that shed 5-10 units of potassium or calcium or some weird shit like that.

It's not 2014, user. That meme is stale.

Oh god user, you didnt donate did you?

It's called "not being retarded".

user, answer the question!

Their feature list is pretty fucking radical, but
I'm waiting for that shit to be officially released.

pretty salty about No Man's Sky. If I hadn't bought it with an Amazon gift card I'd be pissed about spending $50 on it.

That said it did have its moments, like when I landed on my first planet with massive pillars of gold. Or on a forest planet populated by hopping mushroom creatures.

And I do think the alien language feature is a nice touch.

unmodded planets are shit for now, you should instead post space or sunsets.

Why would I invest 20 hours into a game to start having fun when I can play something that's fun right off the bat
Also webm that shit nigger

1.0 when

It's shit.

there's like 10 of these just in my town

anyone up to cut this up into webm. we dont need crashing in it but that lies compilation is great

From what I have heard, it is incredibly fun for the first hour, and then you realize that there's nothing to do.

wat

Oh how wrong you are, Google.

sauce?

I guess nobody will buy it if they straight up say the game is shit, kek.

The hash of that image is tied forever to the rest of your metadata in a Google/NSA database with backups all over the world. Good work.

he paid the extra fee for the one year warranty so it's set

Good thing I'm not an american, huh?

And what exactly is illegal about trap hentai?

Nothing, but now the Feds know your horrible fetishes.
Welcome to the club. The things those poor bastards've seen…

You think that matters.

I noticed you seemed to "forget" the last half of my post.

Is your tin-foil hat too tight user?

TBH for someone who screeches on about this, I'm surprised to see you're not on TOR.

99.9% of what their algorithms find and store will never be seen by human eyes.

There's approximately 3.7 billion internet users in the world, on top of all the people that use phones.

How much data do you think 7.3 billion people create in a day? Even with the most efficient and precise algorithms that's still too much shit for any number of humans to sift through in a year, let alone the volume of data generated in a year.

I remember reading a story about a dude that got put on a "no flight" list for some reason. What he did afterwards was make a blog and autistically post every minutiae part of his daily life, photographing every receipt, every ticket, posting his GPS data, etc.

The way to win the fight is not to hide behind anonymity, it's to flood them with so much useless data it overwhelms all their processing capabilities.

do you mean mods or expacs?