Skyrim

Why do you hate this game so much?

??

Why do you hate dubs so much?

It's amazing they got away with treating the storm cloaks fairly. It'll be interesting to see if Todd caves to the sjw menace in ES6.

Meh, fuck yourself, circlejerker

I think it's fun with mods but I agree it's not good given the company's resources, previous work, the importance of Skyrim as a providence, and the ways in which everything was downscaled to work on consoles.

Huge disappointment of a game that could have been so much more. Would probably be great if you took existing mods and combined it with one that doubled the distance between all landmarks, keeping relative position the same while also quadrupling the size of each city and encampment. The extra space between everything filled with new and more varied content. Main and guild, questlines would also all be retooled but expansion quests could probably be left alone. This would produce a satisfactory Skyrim I believe but the effort required would almost be Tamerial rebuilt levels of difficulty.

It's okay, but the only songs that are memorable are covers of songs that have been in all of them.

That are all bland and forgettable, hampered by a lack of depth, stale mechanics, recycled locations and a lack of diverse enemies.

Everything looks like dulled yet shiny plastic.

Oy vey.

It was, now it's butchered by terrible writing, shortcuts on presentation and one dimensional characters.

This is incorrect.

Cities were too small

But besides the vague size increase, what do you mean by guild retooling?

Would probably be great if you took existing gameplay and visual mods and combined it with a new one:

This would produce a satisfactory Skyrim I believe but the effort required would almost be Tamerial rebuilt levels of difficulty. Would be a better use of time than making Skywind for sure though.

wasted potential, pretty much 99% of all dungeons are just crypts with draugr in them. Level scaling is another huge problem, instead of just finding good stuff hidden throughout the world you get to level up and then find shit when you are the appropriate level making exploration pointless.

the only good part is that I can have sex with the orc ladies and show them my huge humie cock.

Same reason I hate all TES games - shit combat.
Daggerfall has shit combat, Morrowind has shit combat, Oblivion is utter shit overall, and Skyrim, while pretty, also has shit combat.
Fucking korean p2w grinders have better combat than tes games.

Sounds like the average Holla Forums response: "bland/dull" and "muh one dimensional characters"

And then the desperate "incorrect"

You get a F

Because once you get past the superficialities and into the substance, everything quickly turns into shit.

It's a gilded turd.

lel.

Haha, look at this fucking faggot!

Hypocrite

Ad Hominem.

It's shit fam.

If you play ES for combat, you're doing it wrong tbh

Sage bomb this shit.

What do people play ES for?

"Muh Reddit"

Says the circlejerk :^)

I don't hate the game but it is extremely flawed

Melee is just "hit the bad guy until it dies"
Ranged combat is super broken, you can one-shot most enemies
Magic is dull as fuck
"Cities" are just 1 tavern, 3 shops and around 5 houses
The only interesting guild quest line is the thief guild
And the worst thing is that the entire province of Skyrim feels like a wasteland

Because Elder Scrolls is garbage with clickmash combat, and Todd lied.

Debatable. Most of it is very badly done chanting and repetitive vocals. The rest is a vague imitation of Nordic music (Actual nordic music).

A shit ton of shit is still just shit.

Still looks like ass. also >muh grafix

Except you don't.

Nice buzzwords chaim.

Except it isn't. You are literally a demi-god in skyrim for no discernable reason. Your blatant shilling is just unpleasant, please leave.

I was surprised that all the enemy varity of previous games dissapered.

I'll list every enemy in skyrim, its less than 15:

Where are all the cool enemies from other TES games. I know they're native to Skyrim because Arena had them and all the books talked about them. Even wraiths and ghosts and imps are all missing.

I honestly do think Skyrim gets more hate than it deserves

At least it actually feels like a fucking Elder Scrolls game with actual dialogue options. Unlike a certain other Bethesda game that completely rapes its source material and is a lame generic piece of shit by itself
THEY CALL ME THE WANDERER YEAH I ROME AROUND!

On what planet? It was generic orchestral music.
Most of the quests in the game are randomly generated like the fucking original games and the lore is a massive step-down compared to Morrowind.
It certainly looks better than Oblivion, I'll give you that; however it has a bland washed-out saturated look to it. Everything's dark and muddy.
What? user, the races of TES aren't even technically human, the idea of being "white" isn't the same in the TES universe as it is here.
Having better writing than TES4 doesn't mean it's better than any of the other TES games, including the spin-offs.

Cause it's shit. The music is shit, the quests are dull, the lore outside a few books especially the main story is incredibly generic 'MUH EBIL EMPIRE, MUH VIKINS, MUH ROMAN EMPIRE', the world is empty and dull, the cities are tiny as fuck [also dull], and the writing is shit as fuck.
You also can't claim your rightful place as the emperor.

Lizard tits

Not as good as previous ones. No one likes moving backwards.

There's ghosts, but they are literally just slightly transparent regular enemies.

Thanks for recycling the standard Holla Forums stupidity, it goes like this

"Well, it happens to be bland, and uhh, boring, the characters are one dimensional, the music isn't good, it's shit, the writing isn't good, its shit, Arena had better writing, and uhh it looks like shit compared to Morrowind, and all the quests are really boring, and uhh, a shit ton is just a shit ton, oh wait, I bitched about FO4 bc it had little lore whatsoever, but it was all shit, and uhh, yeah, it was "soulless" too", it was all pretty boring and shit and nothing at all was done correctly, what, what's that mom?!?"

Holla Forums: the only good games were made 30 years ago. Only real videogames were made 30 years ago. Thats it, the videogame golden age was before 2000. And don't space, Redditor, get out of my circlejerk!

Actually, pretty much every TES other than TES3 had lizard tits.

Why didn't they remaster Morrowing instead of Skyrim ? I would have played that.

Remember to sage and report.

plebians

WE /ROME/ NOW

Mfw I preordered Skyrim for Xbox one and kept the industry going, fucking Holla Forums up the ass

Your bait is stale. This thread is now under occupation by the Senatus Populusque Romanus.

I don't get why any TES are liked by people to be honest.
Arena and Daggerfall are boring and clunky as fuck
Morrowind has retarded level combat
Oblivion is just cancer on every level
Skyrim has so much fluff that it's basically Seinfeld the game and the combat is retardedly easy

What's the point
they all suck

If it was, you wouldn't have been so triggered by it to need to respond to it

Stay assmad, im in your circlejerk

Its boring as fuck

Mods didn't fix it

You could have kept some shred of bait up if you didn't post this, but alas, you're fucking retarded.

So fellow Patricians, which of the AVGVSTVS most resembles that of Trump? Perhaps Julian Caesar himself?

It's a certain kind of autism, you have it or you don't

I didn't actually expect the Holla Forums circlejerk to use reason, they're too brain-dead.

ITT: Holla Forums demonstrates lack of self-awareness once again

But I apparently didn't need to, judging by your dumbass

Stay assmad

You keep outing yourself as a shill.

Also, you lacked a single refuttion to anything I said.

I wonder who could be behind this post…

You're apart of Holla Forums, mate.
Don't act like it's some separate entity and you're just an observer.

Such is the nature of the circlejerk

How is this place different from Reddit again?

Gaius Julius "Caesar" is a tyrant and no consul of mine. He's an upstart and a rabble rouser who undermined the integrity of the Republic and led to its demise.

There's Ryse which is QTE fighting or Rome 2 Total War which suffers from the same issues plaguing other Roman games. The only game I've been enjoying with Rome in it is the Rome at War mod for Warband since it has the Republic units in it and Republic military strategy surprisingly works.

Trump is somewhat of a mix between all of the first triumvirates really. He has the wealth of Marcus Crassus, the smashing of the current system that Julius Caesar did while skipping out on the traditional system of movement in politics like Pompey the Great did.

Same reason I hate no man's sky.
Shitty Combat
Shitty Depth

>>>/4chan/

So what's a game with "depth"?

"shitty depth" is a really poor way to describe a game.

Because most people only care about Oblivion and onwards. The same goes for fallout 3 as well.

Hopefully Bannerlord's improved army commanding will make for a mod that can provide the true Roman experience. Plus it looks like the game can handle more than 20 major settlements so we won't get two cities per faction.
ROMA INVICTA soon fellow triarii

The people who praise Morrowind are the worst Holla Forums mouth breathers

I respect those who hate ES as such, bc they're right. But the ones who shill Morrowind when challenged by Skyrim, and then hastily default on Daggerfall (which they never played) when called out on their shit, those are the essence of Holla Forums

I consider them and those who praise stalker to be in the same light. equally stupid, equally entertained by bad game play filled in with "imagination" instead of actual content.

Vesta best girl. Minervafags need not reply.

Holla Forums is a pure circlejerk unlike anything I've ever seen. I enjoy just trolling the shit out of them, not by being a shill, as I gladly make concessions, but by merely trying to talk about videogames instead of the perpetual 2 minutes hate that defines this dumb circlejerk

I've only noticed the circlejerk among the PC gamers. The minute you start saying shit like "you know you can't judge a game by something as subjective as immersion" is when they shit their pants. I think it's all the unchecked elitism PC gamers have from being told they're the best. When reality hits, it hits brutally.

lol what a gay

It's not a great game, it's fucking empty. All TES games are mediocre at best. I tried to play Morrowind and while everything that isn't combat is really good, the combat is shit and it's what you end up doing most of the time. And while Morrowind combat is probably the worst in the series, it never really gets better in the other games aside from removing the RNG factor.

I found everything in the game quite forgettable and bland. Anything I remember from my 100 hours of playing it was definitely not intended to happen, like when a deidric quest trapped me on an invisible platform over the world, and had multiple dragons trying to kill me to no avail.
The game is a buggy mess. I had to use CHIM or whatever it is to unfuckup several story and side missions.
Being the chosen one of every single faction got old very quick.
The bbeg was pants on heads retarded and was incredibly underwhelming to fight.
Stealth was so fucking overpowered.
One time when a dragon attacked this random village, an army of vampires came out of fucking nowhere, murdered the shit out of the dragon, and the entire town. I almost died of laughter, and was probably the only thing I fondly recall from my time playing skyrim

What's wrong with Stalker?

really boring iron sight shooting, terrible artifact balancing, retarded AI that breaks half the time you're dealing with it, stupid difficulty settings, uneventful interior design that results in tired corridor shooting, half empty, featureless open world with almost nothing to do, shit tons of fetch quests.

lots is wrong with it. There's plenty of good, such as some very creative mutant enemy design, but it's barely utilized.

Hi fellow anonymous! Thanks for reminding me that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim™ HD remaster will be available on October 28th 2016!
Good thing I noticed this thread on this image forum to remind me. Here's a +1!

[spoiler](/s"fus-ro-dah !!!")

I guess that in order to understand this point I would have to ask what you consider to be good iron sight shooting.
Did you only play Shadow of Chernobyl or something? That's the only way I could think this criticism applies because it's really easy to abuse the artifacts in ShoC.
I've played ShoC and CoP patched and I only encountered one single bug where a guy was stuck facing a wall and couldn't move.
Agreed
I have to agree as well. It's especially prevalent in ShoC.
Except the main quest line and a healthy amount of sidequests, as well as artifact hunting.
I don't really understand this criticism. About the only time I find fetch quests to be boring or a bad thing is in MMOs where 'get me X of Y' is so prevalent that it becomes tiresome. Then again MMOs bore me very quickly in general.
There's also mutant hunting quests, hostage situations and ambushes. And you rarely need to go out of your way to get the artifacts for a 'find this artifact' quest

An entire thread of cheap bait and people keep falling for it
Please stop replying, you only make it worse

I've yet to see an example where it makes the game more fun to play

played them all, it's not particularly good in the later ones considering how it really minimizes the effectiveness of artifacts. If we're bringing in the other stalker games clear sky is it's own fucking essay of failure.

I've played hundreds of hours in all of them (except only 90 or so in CoP and CS) and there's many, many instances of masses of AI friendly, neutral or enemy just staring at the ground/sky, running around looking to shoot at nothing. The AI doesn't really do anything interesting in combat either. At best they seem to accidentally flank, at worst they literally stand in the open, standing still, shooting at you or nothing. Well, that's at worst when it's doing something it seems to be supposed to do.

maybe two of which are any good (attacking army base, meeting doc at strelok's hideout) the rest being literally get me this randomly dropped artifact/paw/eye/tentacle/dog tail. I don't think you remember how artifact hunting works in the original. It barely exists. It's almost accidental, they aren't generated in fields of anomalies, they are pre-placed there and don't randomly spawn or anything. The incentive is really low too, the only useful artifacts being flash/stamina regen ones.

your only excuse to go anywhere is "get me this thing, marked one". For the most part it's an excuse to push you to a new level and maybe see one or two cool new things, but they barely have any impact on game play. There's also only one hostage situation in the entire game and the hostage is never at any risk.

I'm almost entirely talking about shoc, the later installments have their fixes/problems/major failures, but I'm not talking about them.

So you just dislike the mechanic altogether. That's fine.
Yeah. I've heard so many bad things about it I've avoided it for a while. I still consider getting some mods to fix it and push myself through it every now and then.
I can't say I've seen the AI behave that way. The AI does seem to consciously attempt to flank, and in CoP they're pretty active about using grenades. The AI also takes advantage of foliage to obscure its position, although it only really works when there's several bushes in very close proximity. Honestly the only thing I really wish they did was vault over fences and walls since other than mobility the AI has the exact same abilities you do.
Well, that explains most of your post doesn't it? Since you didn't originally specify what game in I was just talking about the series in general. ShoC is definitely the most limited of the series and mostly gets praise due to it's usage of atmosphere and the memorable lab missions. It's a little overrated in my opinion.
CoP has a fair bit more variety in quests, and the maps generally have a bit more life to them.
Since you specified that you're talking about ShoC, I'll have to agree. At least in CoP faction attitudes can change as you complete missions.
Again, I was talking about CoP in this instance, so yeah.

I don't care if a lot of these apply to any other TES game, they shouldn't exist at all. Fans, not being paid, can generate more and better content. There is literally no excuse for there to be lots of content packed into cities. It isn't especially hard to model and implement these things, especially with how Bethesda recycles their engines.

They are delivering an inferior experience on purpose. It is part of the dumbing down process. It isn't to save money, or because of time constraints or any of that bullshit. It is on purpose.

Yeah, because actually being able to control your weapon like a weapon instead of just clicking M1 is "shit combat". The only bad part about Daggerfall's combat is poor enemy AI, and hilariously it isn't much worse than any other TES game in that respect. Even today most of what an enemy does is blindly charge your character while throwing random attacks at you.

Hey, did anybody save that list some user made of problems with Skyrim a little while ago? He posted with a Penn Jillette image.
I meant to screencap his post, but forget.

Ulfric used them and then told them to fuck off. They THOUGHT they controlled him, that he was their puppet.

Because it's not Holy Morrowind adn they don't like some gameplay changes. I don't like some either (the simplification of physical stats and no actual skill checks for quests), but others are just pointless complaints not because it's objectively bad, but because it's not what they wanted (and has a lot of missed potential).

The writing is OK, don't let morrowindfags convince your otherwise. They think Nuvidium is the height of depth and good writing.
Simple truth - Morriwind isn't as good as they claim and Skyrim isn't as bad as they claim. They are different in different ways, but ti's up to you to decide what floats your boat.

every TES is just a casual fetch quest simulator

Skyrim is the only i ever finished because i liked the setting. Turned off the hud and just went around like it was a sandbox game.
The dungeons are all the same btw, and those time travelinjg dwarf caves made me want to drop the game hard, pig disgusting aesthetics.

But he is right.

Just because you find plot A more interesting than plot B doesn't mean A is better written.

As far as I'm concerned, Morrowing plot is shit.

Oy, what height of reasoning!

If anything, the entire province of Skyrim feels too small because its' choke full of shit. That's a common problem with TES games. You can see the "ancient ruins nobody discovered" from the city walls.

And what's the "good" reason in Morriwind? I'm genuinely curios how you deal with such cognitive dissonance.

NEVER SHOULD OF COME HERE

"hurr durr the combat is really shitty on this game, that's it, I'm out of here"

"waaaaaaaah, Fallout 4 is shitty because its so focused on combat, I want an rpg with lore, too much combat"

Holla Forums mouth-breathers, people

Holla Forums mouth-breathers, people.

"uhhhhhh, everything is boring and dumbed down and kinda bland and "one dimensional", and its also easy, and there's very very boring things with very very very little to do anywhere, so its very dumbed down and easy, and uhhh, the skills are different from Daggerfall so therefore they're very dumb and "one dimensional. So yeah, its all very, very, very, very easy and very very poorly done because its "one dimensional" and bland, very very bland"

cities are indeed too small, magic is inferior to Oblivion, those are my two main gripes. Otherwise, Skyrim is by far the best ES, 90% of your post is recycled Holla Forums circlejerk. To say its all being dumbed down simply to dumb it all down is, well, a pretty dumb thing to say.

a pure circlejerk response: only upvote the circlejerk approved topics.

Holla Forums is reddit

no problem, part of the pleasure of pre-ordering the game, besides getting Skyrim, is that I'm essentially fucking Holla Forums up the ass by perpetuating the industry

And he does it for free too.

Rome'ing>roaming>Rohming