Dragon's Dogma General

DDDA General
Post yer best character creations - edition

wiki: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

Good mods
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/108/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/4/?

It sure is if you look at it as an RPG, I see it as a super fun action game that happens to have really good character customization, some light RPG elements, and [TECHNOLOGY]

Then pirate it, or if you want to support the game buy it through GOG since Valve doesn't actually make money through those sales

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-n50bJM4l1R-OtlqlMjXveGUAUrPutCU5cR8b_fxYCY/edit#gid=0
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths
torrentz2.eu/
torrentproject.se/
kickass.cd/
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Weight
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Post-Game
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does anyone happen to have the pawn sheet? I never saved the link to it.

also postan my alt arisen, his name is "Guy" and yes he is supposed to look like a douche

Is the Jap voíceover really that good? also can I use this mod with the articulacy buff mod?

Here Have my Arisen MK and Teagan from uncommon time

Boob physics are cool.

If both of them modify the same arc file then no, not by default. However, you can fix that by unpacking the .arc files and merging them.

Also I wouldn't say the Japanese voices are significantly better than the English ones, it's just nice to hear something different after a couple hundred hours. The main improvement is one of the female and one of the male pawn voices as well some minor characters like Caxton. I'm not really sure what they were doing with Madeline though she sounds strange.

How do you play that long yet make a pawn that fucking awful?

Old man arisens the best.

Where is the sequel?

There's still hope, right?

It's owner was one of those idiot faggots who ignore the pawn inclination system.

never ever

Japs only :^)

Whats the best way to make sure your pawn is not a tard like ?

Make sure your using the correct inclinations, also swap to the same vocation as your pawn and play how you want it to act and it should eventually start emulating you.
It can also learn from watching other pawns and even other players if they get summoned to another world.

I think they also teach themselves in a way as my Fighter pawn knows how to perfect block and I never taught him how.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-n50bJM4l1R-OtlqlMjXveGUAUrPutCU5cR8b_fxYCY/edit#gid=0

I can't stop playing, send help

What's the best class? I usually go warrior but I've been branching into magic classes. Is this a good game for that?

Pure melee like Fighter/Warrior is probably the most boring way to play, the pure magic and hybrid classes are the best

All classes are good, personally I prefer the Assassin and Magic Archer, having access to both ranged and melee attacks and a dodge mechanic is hard to give up.

u wot m8, DDDA isn't on GOG

I've had fun with the nearest you can get to a jihadist build. 90 levels spent as assassin, then go magick archer. Set yourself on fire for every battle, and throw yourself at your foes.
The immolate / whatever skill does magical fire damage based on your strength stat, oddly enough.

Oh. There are hybrid classes later in game? I only saw the beginning choice between the usual three and assumed those were the only options.

I've never been good with those classes. Too little damage and I'm usually better at tanking than partner AI, people I play with.

Yep, there's going to be a melee/magic (Mystic Knight), ranged/magic (Magick Archer), and melee/ranged (Assassin), they should be already available to you I think. I'd say Sorcerer is my favorite class but I can see how someone would get tired of the long charge times and usually being away from the fray.

Not only inclinations but also bestiary it's something that many people ignore, the best way is to whore out your pawn, the game recently had a sale so in lower levels it should be fairly easy to find people, bestiary actually overrides inclinations in the way your pawn engages enemies so it's actually pretty fucking important.

Try different classes mate and find what's fun for you, personally I find Mystic Knight and Magick Archer the must fun, only bad thing it's their stat growths (and that can be fixed by mods) I found the "pure" classes to be kind of boring

Immolation it's fucking fantastic

its unavoidable
pawns are just fucking retarded when it comes to golems

anyone saying their pawn behaves correctly just observed an incident where pawn AI didnt fuck up for an encounter. same thing with firedrakes. all pawns eventually retard hard on firedrakes and golems.

thankfully there's no mandatory metal golem fight or else every blue vocation player would get cockblocked.

There are 9 vocations in the game six pure and 3 hybrids, you can change your vocation as many times as you want once you reach Gran Soren or go to BBI.

Another things to note is the stats you gain when you level up depend on what vocation you currently are.
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

Just use lightning man, bitch will be dead in three seconds

Greetings.
pardon watermark, I played before the mod to get rid of it

The assassin can also equip dagger + shield and sword + bow, contrary to typical RPG conventions.

That webm is way back when I just got the game for pc and if I remember correctly that was me playing mostly a "melee" MA aka: set myself on fire and go stab things, wasn't has efficient has ricochet arrow everything but boy was it fun
Now I'm playing with MK for perfect block fun

Is it any good?

let me see if I can make some webms, but it's almost the same old shit with a little more grind, and better in groups

What's the best way to level rangers?

Fuck me, then.

I got it for "free" on PS and my laptop's a potato. I only use it for older comp games and emulating.

Use OBS and make some mp4s

Don't? Using other vocations to get the perfect stats is dumb when you are spending most of the time not playing what you want to play. Just play that, it doesn't matter that much.

By the way, is Dark Arisen a sequel? Can I only play that, or do I need to play DD?

it's more of an expansion then the sequel.

So that means I most definetly SHOULD play the first?

You can go to BBI as soon as you get your main pawn.

If you bought "Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen" it's just the base game plus the DLC, which has about the same amount of content as the main game.

Thanks for this, saves me a lot of trouble.

Oh, that's good to know. I just thought it was an ass huge uncompressed expansion. Good to know I'm getting the full experience, thanks.

Preach

I'm trying to improve my pawn, but god fucking dammit, some monsters on BBI just don't help!
For some freaking reason, I can't three-stars Giant Undeads, Banshees, Golden and Silver Knights and Zombie Dragon. EVERYTHING ELSE IS MAXED, even Death and Daimon, but not those. I already killed almost 100 cursed dragons, but nothing. I'm kind of lost.

If any user can help, my pawn is on the list, Cyssa, is a ranger. She is immune to pretty much everything that could stop her, so, if you use her, and judge her, I would rally appreciate.

as much as i loathe to say it, GameFAQs has a really good beastiary guide.

Killed Daimon (first time) and decided to advance a bit in the main quest new game+ and hard mode
Oh yeah let's do that catacombs quest, should be fun, see pic… well then

Yeah, some BBI sidequests add their giga nigga enemies to the vanilla areas

Naw it's pretty awful.
Classes got split for no reason, inb4 but it adds more complexity (which it doesn't)
They added a literal timestall
Grind out the ass
Pawn system is removed.
Base vs Vocation level is removed.
Spells they removed the echo system, but instead added in a stupid simon says game because someone thought mages were too boring and needed busy work.

hit post too soon.

Gear is now more important than anything else, as levels give you basically nothing aside from being arbitrary requirements on gear.
There is a flat gear tier system too, no more using the rusty bow at high levels because fuck you.

It's all right. It's grindy as fuck, like any Asian game, and the complete lack of meaningful end game really hurts it, but it can be fun.

The only class that got split was MK, and while the shield sage is fucking awful, the alchemist is awesome, every other class just lost their secondary weapons
There's also the priest, which doesn't have much in the way of damaging spells like the mage did(and nobody has ever mained mage anyway), but makes up for it with some other pretty cool spells and mechanics, at least if you're into being a support
The rage mode mechanic is shit if you're trying to solo with a non-damaging class, but otherwise adds some much needed if horribly implemented difficulty to easier boss fights
Pawn system isn't removed, and the loss of complexity is replaced by them actually fucking doing what you want them to do
And that dinky little casting minigame actually does stuff and isn't just a way to kill time

Everything else is a fair point, but it doesn't make the game completely shit, it's still leagues beyond most other MMOs(not that that's difficult to do)
There are plenty of other complaints though, like the big MMO hub city where you can't parkour on anything because that would be too fun, or use any of your abilities because there's too many players around

And Priest/Sorc from Mage
And Seeker/Hunter from Strider

And sorry, I should've clarified I meant anything that made the pawn system interesting rather than having mostly retarded AI companions. Teaching pawns was the entire thing that made pawns interesting

right and SS/WhatevertheNewclassiscalled from Mystic Knight.

Also adding an aggro bar when fighting monsters as a SS.

Sorcerer isn't some new thing, it's nearly identical to the original game, and Priest is what mage was in spirit, just without the offensive spells, which were necessary in DD since if you couldn't attack, all you had to rely on were your retarded fucking pawns(and they WERE retarded, every single thread there's at least one person having vietnam flashbacks to the metal golem, the first major place where the game straight up forced a lot of people to rely entirely on their pawns)
Hunter is just Ranger without the daggers, and Seeker is just Strider without the bow, it wasn't one class that was split into two things
You're not mad about classes getting split up, you're just mad that they kept they old classes, but removed some of their features while adding new ones

No, what made pawns interesting was lewd loli butts

Uh well I was just curious, cuz I kinda fucked my arisen stats all up by costantly changing vocation. But you're I guess you're right

How is she Holla Forums
I havent played since the first few months after the pc release though

whoops posted her old stats

I feel gear should be more important than leveling up like MH.

yeah that's called splitting the class when they split a class that used to be one into 2 things

Seriously, nobody wants to play your shitty game. Fuck off.

that left nipple looks like a mouth ulcer. what's up with that?

should I pirate this or buy it

its one of the first nude mods released which was shit textures

i'm just going to pirate it, is mystic knight good? I want to be the crusader the world needs

MK is retarded fun, you can make there be so many projectiles at once you crash the game.
You need to level a bit uniquely in order to be a good one

Nigger do you even know how to read
They didn't split any classes except MK

Strider had both Bow and Daggers
Hunter only has bow abilities with no daggers
Seeker has only dagger abilities.

Mage had both defensive/offensive spells
Sorc took all the main offensive spells
Priest took all the defensive spells

Are you purposefully being retarded?

Mystic Knight is pretty boss. They get this abyssal anguish skill that turns your weapon into a long range rape machine that absolutely tears through large enemies. The perfect shield counter is fun and very good against pretty much everything. Great Cannon + Full Moon Slash + Any Weapon Enchant = A billion heat seeking magic missiles of whatever element you want raping the land.

kek
Yeah good thing that I got one ring that it was actually useful to me so I stone jungled their asses while running in circles until one of the hired pawns casted high bolide an blew them the fuck out

I find it kinda charming how hard he tries to make DDO look good.

Strider had bow and daggers, but focused on daggers, that's the Seeker
Ranger had bow and daggers, but focused on bow, that's the hunter
This is as if you were complaining that they split up MK into the shield sage and sorcerer just because MK could use a staff with a couple spells

Mage only had a few offensive spells that the Sorc also had
Sorc was a thing in DD too, and didn't "take" jack shit
Holy shit you are dense

Anyone know a good torrent site? Piratebay is really sketchy these days, barely any comments on anything and barely any rips.

No, I'm talking about you. Nobody fucking mentions that game here except you. Nobody fucking cares about that game here except you. How about you fuck off?

So making 2 classes with half the moveset as opposed to a single class with double the moveset isn't splitting the class now?

But totally removing them and adding them to what used to be a more combat oriented class it not splitting.

You're literally retarded, I've seen shilling before but this is as bad as the dude last thread who claimed DDO was good because it was good and not because it did anything good

… what? I haven't mentioned DDO at all mate you sure arent a bit confused there?

Tell me more about this.. [TECHNOLOGY].

But that's what I'm saying, they weren't split into two different classes
The classes are just the same thing as they were in DDO but with more focus on the main stuff and without the redundant parts
The only removed secondary weapon that's actually a shame is the magyyiiiyiaack archer, those daggers were completely secondary to the magic bow, that one magic flaming triple jump skill they had was kick ass, and was the one thing that made me play the class occasionally even though I never liked it

Why the fuck do you keep saying this
Nothing was taken away from mage and added to sorc
There was nothing to add, sorc already had all those early game offensive spells
And what in the absolute fuck do you mean by
How would adding more offensive spells make sorc less combat focused?

Kat is up again, but not sure I trust it either. You might just have to hold out until someone makes a new site or ask anons in the share threads

Your defense for this not being splitting is
Yeah I hated being able to do both melee and ranged attacks on the same character, it was just too complex!
Thank god DDO stepped in and changed that.

What a time to be alive

No, I'm saying it was turned into the Seeker
And the Ranger was turned into the Hunter
They were two separate classes before
And they're two separate classes now
How do you not get this

torrentz2.eu/
torrentproject.se/

Are you talking about kat.am? It is not from the same people and it is seems to include some fuckeries, but it should be okay if you are just downloading old torrents.

With half it's moveset.

with half their moveset.

Well, I wouldn't really say the secondary weapons were an entire half of any classes moveset, more like 30%
But yeah, still, that doesn't mean the classes were split into two different classes, it just means they had stuff removed

Except they were completely split.
One all melee one all ranged.

i shudder to think how many normalfags are downloading 350mb "games" and getting pozzed.

Holy shit, it's been a while since I saw Dragon's Dogma generals.

How long have these been going for?

Gross

nah kickass.cd/

Is it confirmed legit?

Whereas before they were still split, one focusing on melee, one focusing on ranged
Meaning there wasn't a split at all, they just lost the use of their subweapons

I don't know if they've been going continuously since the PC release, I think they disappeared for a while and came back recently

pretty much, I still think the feds have em on a leash though

I thought one of the Kat mirrors was just a design rip of Kat using TPB torrents

How do you tie your shoes in the morning, I know the delusion level to enjoy the botched hack job that is DDO must be pretty high, but saying that somehow isn't splitting them and is instead just streamlining is pretty out there

I just built my PC brand new, had to avoid updating windows because of telemetry, now I find out torrents are in a state of decay and people are once again in risk of getting a poz load straight to the dome. Is the internet dead in the next 20 years?

ah it might be, thats why i dont trust it and find torrents from here

Removing something isn't splitting it
Is english your second language

And I never said the removal of those features was a good thing, I'm just saying you're retarded, there are plenty of legitimate reasons to hate DDO, you don't have to make shit up

I remember when the PC version came out they ran for quite a long while then faded away.

Look I understand you really want people in your dead game, but saying splitting a class isn't splitting it because… umm well you say it isn't I guess?

Is that Brianna Wu?

Well the TPP is still coming, and people are pushing for south korea-tier internet usage restrictions harder than ever, so there's a good chance of it, yes

Oh fuck it, free to play mongolian grindan games aren't worth trying to argue with this level of bait
Maybe I was right to ask if english was your second language

Can you ignore the king and let him murder rape the loli? I was too much of a pussy to try it

There comes a point on BBI where you become so used to it that the giga niggas don't even phase you anymore. Five Living Armors, three minotaurs and a thunderwyvern? Cakewalk
If you're not stacking elemental Great Cannons with Ruined Sigils and Flame Riposte / Whirlwind Slash you are doing MK wrong

The few torrents I've gotten from there were fine

Yes.

Yes, but they still catch you and the scenario plays out mostly the same anyway, she just hates you afterwards

Good stop coming back to shill your shit MMO then

You're the one who was talking about it first, shill

Good comeback, I'll feel that one.
Also check the posts, I didn't talk about it until after
did

And that guy isn't me, so thanks for making my point for me

So you're completely out of fallbacks and just go back to "you're a shill"
Good to know that's all it takes for a DDO fanboy.

Oh right I forgot to mention the pay to win aspects.
Premium players not only get more stash, can acess stashes from areas besides the main town, can teleport for free.
They also get 3 wakestones that they can refill at any time by going to the main city unlike free players who get 3 per day.

What is it with you and claiming everyone else is to blame for your own failings

You seem upset by your shit game, also I like the ANGRY SAGING you swapped to

I'm saging because I'm a retard and it took me this long to realize you're intentionally derailing the thread to argue about DDO

I thought you were leaving, you seem to have poor impulse control.

BERSERK
ARMOR
WHEN
H
E
N

never ever

I remember hearing something about the models being in the game, just invisible, which would mean all they would have to do is port the textures and replace something else in the item lists with it, but now it seems like nobody can do it for whatever reason
It's a shame too, griffith's armor was one of the best looking sets in the game

It's a problem with how the game handles the models more than it's just a simple swap over.

They tried just copypasting the X360(or was it PS3?) models and it made the game crash. Nobody bothered trying to figure out how to fix it.

Oh, of course that's what the problem would have to be, "it just (doesn't) werks"
It's a modern japanese game, all the code is backwards and made of paper, and not folded as many times as it used to be

yeah, what they did wasn't just remove the models, they completely removed the mapping for the models too, so you can't just swap the stuff in because there's no base for the textures to go on IIRC.

That really seems like something that would normally be left in any other game, so that they could be legally free of responsibility but also let the players have it
Fucking japanese honor culture

And you faggots thought you could have a general without it

And another half added onto it using a cool ass grapple rope. Which is at the core, a better strider as now you are actually being incentivized to use the melee component of what is supposed to be a melee class.

The seeker got half the striders moveset and half a completely new one. Thats not really making it weaker.

Hunters gets some new skills but nothing outrageous. Hunter and MA/EA are the only ones that feel gimped as they dont have any real new mechanics or skills to set them far enough aside from their DD:DA counterparts.
SS feels like its own thing using half of what the MK was and the new class is going to be the other half but with spears and offensive magick. So like the seeker, half but with new shit to make them more unique.

Also all the other classes play the same with more refinements. Sorc and Warrior are outright more engaging, fighter is the same but perfect blocks are now more important. Each class has a mechanic to play well now instead of an OP skill to spam and just win.

Oh come on, that's not nearly as obligatory as this

Here, have the piano version

That grapple rope doesn't really do anything though, it seriously just moves you towards the monster and then shoots you in the air.
It's hands down one of the most underwhelming grappling hooks I've ever seen.

That's the only thing they added while removing everything about the bow, there's not even any cool shit you get with the grappling hook aside from the movement option.

Also what are you talking about you go Fight>Enrage>Topple>Spam Damage Skill> Monster Dies.
Like the only interesting part is before the first enrage which is why the addition of the mechanic is so horrible

SS also feels fucking awful
It's so bad it actually made me appreciate the laser light show archer

I don't either, but I like the webm

Enjoy hitting things with your monkey tools

You get like 500 storage spaces now with another box at your house with 200 hundred more. You should never be full at all and never need to buy any premium storage. You also get passes for said storage for free every so-often in the mail.
You don't need to access the box at all as at worst you just have to teleport back to the Temple then right back where you came from.
Also the three free wake-stones is more than enough. It was just shitty at launch when everyone in your party including even you had armor and weapons 6 - 10 levels lower than required.

Please user
Please don't trigger him again

The file is broken…. ==FUCK==
if anyone has this webm not fucked up please post it
I also found this old webms

The thumbnail's fucked up, but I can still play it
The site's file playback is really janky sometimes, I can never play any mp4's that I post unless I use a different browser, but most of the time I can play ones other people post

You talking about at launch when the SS had half the skills it does now and was actually weaker or now where most of the mechanics in the game have changed and SS is actually probably the most important and constantly required to be managing some form of their skills or?

It's not necessary at all is what it is. Just getting good armor and having a good party is all you need. The free revives only affect people who are playing solo as pawns cant res you. I haven't once lost all my revives since as far back as launch.

Doesn't change it's a massive advantage compared to free players.

Apparently it got corrupted somehow when I saved it, because I tried playing the file in vlc and it stoped in the same spot… so yeah

Neat webms but I don't think even those show the magic and greatswords at their best, just a few flashy high-level moves, there's a lot more going on than that.

I don't care if SS is important, I just care if it's fun
Granted, I haven't played it that long so I haven't tried out all the skills, but the basic mechanics are just clunky as fuck and bore me to tears

And that guy's right, it might not be pay to win, but infinite revives are still a pretty big boon
I remember spending about half an hour soloing a cyclops because all my gear was ten levels too low, and the only reason I was able to do it was because it was a story mission so I could just keep respawning at the beginning of the area instead of back at a city

The rope has been integrated into the later skills of the seeker and used to do some attacks at range. One of their best new skills lets them use a buffed version of the sliding kick that covers enough distance to slide under a dragon, get behind it and then continue your approach from there. It adds so much to mobility and staying in the fight. At launch it was basically nothing.

Also when I say classes have more mechanics I'm saying classes now actually have to do things to be done well.
Take warrior
Warriors now need to be managing their revenge bar for max DPS, making sure they strike at the right time so they use their super-armor and I-frames, blocking if they have to (which builds revenge), and making sure they build up stun with the correct skills. Once enrage starts they have to do all of that and ensure they use the right skills to help stop the foe even more as simply attacking can shave off enrage and warriors are strong enough to do decent damage during even enrage. Later monsters Warriors should be the ones trying to break the horn on infected enemies (These enemies have no enrage) as they're the best at it.

Those greatsword comparisons always bug me, DaS games are also heavily inspired by berserk, and generally put a lot of thought into greatswords
2 and 3 even added another entire weapon class just so they could have bigger ones and smaller ones

Oh good they ruined yet another class.
I was worried.

Eeeeh I'd not say its a massive advantage and I'd say one of the 3 possible premium benefits being only sometimes worth it makes the game P2W. Especially when the game gives those things out for free and currently gives out the cash shop currency for free.

Its really not that egregious of a P2W element and the games has no PVP so its even more pointless.

that's like saying buying the DLC that gives you super weapons and invincibility isn't pay to win because there's no PVP.
It makes no sense

Dude what
I mained warrior all the way through BBI back on the console release, and it definitely needed something more
It wasn't as much of a one-trick pony as the greatsword in monhun, but it wasn't the greatest thing ever either, it was strong as fuck but also easily outmatched by most other classes

I haven't played the DDO warrior, so I don't know if those changes are fun or total shit, but from the sounds of it it just seems like the standard rage bar shit you'd give a fighting class, which isn't necessarily bad

Greatswords and Ultra Greatswords had the exact same moveset in DaS2, I didn't use one in DaS3 so I don't know what the weapon arts added. The point still stands that those weapons can't hope to compare with the moveset or the group-fighting spectacle of DD.

Super weapons can be acquired for free so easily even the 3 (likely even 4 now) new players have some for their new characters. I have one for almost every class as well. Haven't spent a dime on the game either.
Its P2W sure, just a very shit kind for the people paying and for the people not paying it doesn't hinder them at all. Its a pretty well done P2W system considering how intrusive it can get in other MMOs

The rage bar for the most part is used to transform the heavy attack of the warrior from savage lunge into a fast Arc of Deliverance. (Which has removed. There is a later skill that requires a long charge up but seems nowhere near as satisfying as Arc was in DD:DA.)
The rage bar also affects your over-all damage and blow power. Its usually a trade off for, whether or not you think you can safely get it as rage only builds with being hit. (Which makes you HAVE to block correctly or use your super armor.) Whether you should keep your buff for now to do more constant damage and build stun easier or able to help smash enrage, or expend it for straight up damage as soon as you can to build it up again.
Its a nice mechanic and one that DD:DA could have used to block out access to three other skills. Allowing Warrior to be OP as shit, but only for a time. If the idea I'm proposing makes sense.

I know that the fucking armor is from before, but I'm still pissed off.

Fighting groups is a fair enough point, but DaS weapons have pretty good movesets in terms of the number of possible actions
Not a whole lot of it is quite as flashy as DD skills, but the warrior didn't even have any of those in the first place aside from the Arcs, with every other skill being pretty fucking boring as far as I remember

Well, if you want to be accurate, you should play as Griffith for everything except BBI

so yeah, it seems like they just made the warrior class worse.

Oh also 055777 I got you confused for this guy who will show up and mention DDO every time. And try to recruit people to his 3 person DDO guild.

Comparing the two games? The skills were fine, weaker than other classes, but more expansive and useful than DaS. Lunges, arcs, sweeping attacks, launching attacks, charging attacks, all useful in different ways; the only Souls weapon that comes close is the Artorias Greatsword.

How about you play as Griffith for the entire game with a Casca pawn. Then, you play as Guts in NG+ and as soon as the cataclysm happens, you make Casca retarded by changing her inclinations to Pioneer and Acquisitor and set her personality to be more quiet. Then, you have the final battle with Griffith.

Jesus fucking Christ user. That's fucking gold. I never would have thought of that.

And the artorias greatsword was the best weapon in the game
The weapon arts in 3 did add a lot though, not as much as I would have hoped, but still pretty good
I would post a gif or something but I can't find any

Well, the game already has a casca stand-in, but that's pretty cool
Though another user came up with a better idea a while back, you start the game as guts, finish the tutorial, turn back around and start up BBI, and while you're on the boat there you turn the game off

Whoops, I meant GMG

DaS1 also had a distinction between greatswords and ultra-greatswords.

come and say that to my fucking zweihander you dress wearing ,slow-casting ,can't hit for shit , help-me-i'm-down , four eyed bookworm

Did it? Even the Greatsword was small as shit back then to be the same size as the rest

Are you happy now Capcom, now give us a real sequel.

It was a lot smaller than it was in DaS3 but I believe the Zweihander is about the longest UGS in all 3 games and they are all pretty equal. If you just mean thick greatswords then the demon great machete and BKGS certainly so.

Anyways no matter what their size relative to the other games DaS1's UGS were all fuckhuge compared to any of the standard greatswords, and they were a distinct weapon class.

I think I have severe Aughtism
I'll stop leveling the other two at 100, and the reason I feel like having them low level is so that they are more helpful to people playing the game for the first time that aren't on my friends list. I think I have all the tedious grinding out of the way though, but jesus christ this is aughtistic.

also here's a bunch of arisens I made

You can sort of still minmax while still playing as the character class of your choice. Just make sure you don't ever level up with that class. This is a good way to get all the augments from the other classes early in the game.

Kek

Since I'm on Steam, are there any limitations in using family sharing to create alt accounts? Like if there's a limit to how many family accounts can be made from one original purchase or something.

5, and since I do family sharing with actual friends too I just decided to buy the game on one of the alts and have them all share with each other because I had hit the limit. I would have probably bought it again anyways just to make Crapcom consider DD2 because despite this game being hilariously unfinished and experimental it's one of my favorites of all time. Seriously Crapcom is in a position to steal Bethesda's market and make a shitload of money if they actually made a sequel with a bit of effort put into it, PC focus + mod tools, and more focus on the open world instead of the main quest.

But this is Cap "DmC is a good and profitable idea" Com we're talking about that use all of their effort trying to make absolutely sure that any endeavor they take is as unprofitable as possible with the exceptions like DR1 or DD being uncharacteristic mistakes (that were still screwed to a great extent by higher ups anyways).

Why would I need to say it to your face if I can kill you from the next room? Good luck rushing down a maelstrom

daily reminder of what could have been and what will never be

Do you just swap out your save files? I've been wanting to replay the game with a fresh slate.

The endless tower concept alone is fucking AMAZING.
Traveling down the tower for days at a time to meet up in a friends world or a world that people specifically use to meet up.
LIKE FUCK.

Every time
It hurts

Shit

Make alt accounts on Steam and enable family sharing. You can swap save files too, but if you care about your pawns (and being able to have a full party of your own) then you need alts.

This shit is really grating against my autism.

He was a big eye

Its two parts of his one eye.

Is not using a helm that big of a deal? Everything I find for an assassin just looks horrible to me.

Additionally, are warrior pawns any decent? I have a fleshed out fighter pawn and thinking of giving them a big hammer instead.

So what's with that giant beholder in Bitterblack Isle? I just jumped on it's eye and slapped it for 75% of it's health and it had no answer until it finally shut it's eye and shook around like it finally realized it hurt. Then it opened up and I did the same thing.

What a dumb boss fight. Meanwhile the fucking giant ass chained up cyclops just fucked my shit up.

oh god no, warrior itself looks like a fun class (I haven't played it myself) but every time I got warrior pawn it was just a waste of space, the class requires a competent brain behind the wheels to function.
I may try go full guts on my next playthrough just to experience the game in a different way

Going through BBI, I just beat the dark bishop + cursed dragon. I feel like I am incredibly underpowered at level 75 assassin. Pretty much every fight at this point is just keeping my sorc pawn alive while spamming fivefold and watching it take a couple pixels off the healthbar of anything big enough to have a healthbar on the top of the screen. Bonus points if I find some cheese tactics to make the fight trivial but time consuming. The phantasm fight is what tipped me off, as I sat there spamming holy enchanted fivefold at what should have been a normal mob fight and watching it not actually have a noticeable effect on their healthbar. The only thing that does noticeable damage on anything is when my sorc pawn gets off a big spell. I spawned a cursed dragon after killing the condemned gorecyclops in the first room where you find one, and despite going full cheese by forcing it to fly, then knocking it down and repeat, it took an hour and 30 minutes. I couldn't fight it legit because I got 1-2 shotted and I only had 4 wakestones left on me. I'm still having a lot of fun but fucking hell I feel like I am missing something. I am using the weapons dropped from the The Dragon fight, dragonforged of course. All the weapons I have gotten from BBI so far have been worse even after dragonforging.

Am I woefully underleveled/geared, or do I need to git gud? Or is this just how BBI is?

*Wraith, not phantasm.

Two words mate: Blast Arrow

conqueror's periapts increase your STR by some amount (I forget the %) and stack multiplicatively. Use them to get over any speed bumps until you get your tier 2/3 weapons.

Any reason I shouldn't make an entire party of lolis? I haven't played this yet.

If you make your main pawn a loli, you risk getting downvoted by normalfags.

Posting pretty screenshots

It certainly isn't a problem. Armor is mostly only helpful against low damage attacks because it works as a threshold rather than a proportional damage reduction. I usually don't wear capes and only choose my armor based on how fashionable it looks and I do just fine. Though you might want to give a shit if you plan on playing a warrior since they are up close with slow animations and no way to defend themselves.

They're pretty much completely useless. Warrior damage isn't that great and they have no way to defend themselves other than wearing armor so you'll have to revive them a lot. If you want a tanky pawn get a fighter, if you want a pawn that does lots of physical damage get a strider or a ranger.

You'd assume that the loli pawns would get low scores but the truth is that normalfags don't hire loli pawns in the first place so they end up getting the same ratings as everyone else which are based on their performance and fashion.

Does height and weight affect much outside encumbrance?

Thanks user. I used to play this on the PS3 and the consolefags definitely felt the same thing. This game really needs a real open world sequel instead of DDO. And after reading your reasoning I think I'm going to repurchase this game too sometime down the line, if only to make Capcom think "Gee, we did something right for once, let's try it again". Shit, 4 years later and playing suicide simulator in Everfall is still the shit.

The length of your arms will affect the reach of your weapons, smaller characters can fit under things like between the legs of a cyclops or ogre, you can only carry people who are smaller than you (otherwise you just aggressively hug them), and smaller characters have less stamina but regenerate it faster.

Yeah I have no idea why they made such an excellent character creator and only let you use it to make 2 characters on one account, it's probably one of the best I've used in any game just for the sheer variety of characters you can make (old, young, short, tall, fat, skinny, muscular, etc).

The only decent warrior pawns are those without any charge skills. Corona Slash, Exodus Slash and Pommel Bash are the only skills a warrior pawn should have. Also make sure it has at least Scather so it keeps the big monster busy.

It felt like they have always wanted to make DDO from the start but since they also wanted to test the market's reception and some of the concepts, they rushed a single player version out first. That endless tower shit for example, sounds just like an MMO PVP hub.

Can't decide if I want to be a tiny warrior or strider

Same here. I was thinking of either playing as a dorf or giant and making my pawn the opposite.

Tiny warriors are pretty bad since your main advantage is normally weapon reach but that goes away when you're small. Tiny striders on the other hand are mad fun since small characters climb faster anyways, meaning you become very effective at killing large bosses (make sure to use hundred kisses)

Put some efford into making the Arisen this time.

My pawn is an old veteran knight. Does that count?

Well pic related isn't the arisen but still

adorable grandmas are better though

I might go give strider a go then. I tried tiny warrior and so far blocking goblins keeps making my character fall over

LEGS

Haven't tested it but does the Gloves of Might arm piece offset the difference between short and tall striders' climb speed, or short striders climb even faster with it?

I haven't tested that either, I'll do so on my new character once I get to the griffin hunt quest.

And don't forget there's also the dexterity augment to factor in.

Well that certainly changes a lot. So it's basically worthless against Ogres and such then right? I had been assuming every point of armor would always provide some amount of mitigation.

I mean it certainly isn't worthless, it's just more efficient against low damage attacks.

The formula is very simple, your armor reduces damage by a flat amount, so it might amount to 120 damage reduction against a 130 damage attack which then will do 10 damage to you, but attacks that are only slightly higher like 140 will do 40 damage to you which is 4x the last one despite only being 20 damage higher. It can still make the difference between living and dying against attacks that do a ton of damage because it effectively adds to your HP the value of your armor multiplied by the number of times you will be hit.

Whoops meant to say "20 damage which is 2x…"

I need sleep, good night

this tbh
This is why the Bastion augment is fucking retarded strong if you get it ASAP. Worth spending the dscp to unlock Warrior for it if you're new to the game. Warrior actually has an easier time progressing early on than something like Strider for exactly the reason user said.
On normal it offers a flat 50 damage reduction. Suddenly those goblins and bandits aren't hitting hard at all. In BBI is offers 112.5 which doesn't help as much because everything there hits like a truck.

Carry weight is the only thing that comes to mind. If you do it, don't do the water god's altar mission. You'll regret it. There's something like 4/5 fifty pound items you have to haul around for it

IIRC it's almost always better to make a big character.
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Weight

You can use Steam family sharing to loan the game to burner accounts, up to 5 times. Just enough times to make a pawn of each vocation.

Well I already got my tiny strider going, made a big ass fighter to compensate as my pawn. I'm debating turning off hard mode or not, I was running around with Rook and everything 1-shotting is getting old.

Hard mode really isn't for first runs

Hard mode doesn't do anything but make the game easier after the first 20 minutes.
It makes you get massive amounts of money and exp, and in exchange everything one shots you.
It completely destroys game balance
Also rook is higher level than you, he'll get outdated pretty fast

What the hell guys.
I don't want to be that guy, but I completely fail to grasp how this game is so revered.

I actually swallowed the meme and pirated the game and got a few hours in. I was on the verge of purchasing it for the neat online Pawn system until it had dawned on me.

The gameplay is shit.
Don't even give me that "different strokes for different folks" excuse. There is zero tension during any of the combat.

The only thing you need to worry about are one-hit kills (which are found by trail and error) and if it is too soon to use one of your hundreds of healing leaves.

You literally just tag your immortal pawns when they drop, as if you're the medic in grade school's doctor dodgeball.
You can sit back in a yard chair and fling arrows and magic n' shit in between retard rescue relays.
Even in melee combat you just dash over and touch your pawns, bam! back in the fight.

And if someone were to ever nip you, eat a leaf.
Repeat until you win.

I feel like I'm missing something.
How the hell are all you autsits playing this?
Is it for the waifu creation or the autistic item system?

Every time.

Grigor? Because I thought he was the end game and started a fresh play through after killing him because it dragon forged my shit and I didn't even touch BBI. What is there to do post Grigor other than BBI?

dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Post-Game

Dragons Dogma post-grigori is like berserk post-eclipse
pro-tip go to the big hole underneath gran soren

Nope.
I went to Gran Soren and did the big Pawn quest with tentacles too.
Switched class from Strider to Magic Archer.

People here have already said it just makes grinding insane and makes everyone one shot, which would make the combat better, but completely negate the point of healing items.

Combat still appears pointlessly easy on normal.

That's the DLC right? I read you're supposed to come to it NG+, I ain't anywhere close to that.

Fucking hellhounds man

tbqh your right mostly. It's not a challenging game except for the retarded damage calculations and resistances of some enemies. Gold can fuel the entire playthrough in the form of Sobering Wine, Harspud Sauce, Periapts etc. Wakestones are easily found in postgame.
Anything outside of Bitterblack Isle is really easy except for maybe the ogres and the Devilfire Grove drake if you try to take them on too early. I think you place too much weight on ressing pawns since pawns are generally kind of retarded and seldom really make a difference unless the creator knows what he's doing or it's a really strong counter to whatever fight you're taking them to (e.g. a sorc pawn with Gicel and decent MAG makes a huge difference for the Drake fight)

Later on debilitations get quite serious (petrify particularly) but then it's just a matter of picking and choosing fights and being well prepared. Games reverence does seem to be mostly just a matter of memery and pretty fun combat mixed with neat pawns/chargen.

You can do it after Grigs. You can fuck around in the Everfall for a bit if you need extra gear, but BBI can be safely started at lvl 50-70 if you're new to it.

I doubt this game would have the same successes here if it wasn't made by nippons.
Thanks for the info though, I felt like I was going crazy.
Holla Forums recommendations (not one person, but general consensus) are usually pretty reliable. I want to do Hardmode for the difficult combat, but I sure as hell don't want to do tedious grinding. I just want to kill big shit. Maybe I need to get into the Souls series.

I'm not even some super autistic gamer, I just feel no sense of danger at all playing.

I just finished Metal Gear Rising and I could see and feel how skill was required and rewarded, DD, not so much.

Just play old games if you want difficulty

That is all cool as fuck. Thank you anons.

Going for a solo playthrough as an Assassin is pure suffering when it comes to RC.
Pure.
Suffering.
How the fuck am I even going to find enough RC for purifying all the shit I have? I even tried cheesing the possible drops by changing mine and my pawn's vocation, but that more often than not never helps, is this the only way?
Don't even remind me of golden dragonforging.

That's like the second quest in the game and it's a fight you're supposed to run away from, you're supporting his point

>not knowing that killing Grigori is only the beginning of suicide simulator

If your pawn exists, anons can hire it. Unless if you're on pirate mode then you're shit out of luck unless you can get the secret augment to increase RC drops. If I'm not mistaken it's a bitch to get.

Not at all, I'm stating a noteworthy checkpoint of where I am in the game.
I've been cheesing cyclopes from cliffs for shits since then and looking for some redeemable fun monsters.

There are supposed to be some chests that spawn perfect RC

There are two "versions" of the game world. Pre dragon and post dragon. Post dragon adds more monsters to the game and everfall. bbi has two versions also, going through the second time ups the difficulty and changes some enemy encounters.

It exists and it is level 50 or 60'something, the problem is I haven't played with him in my party WHATSOEVER, the moment I came out of the encampment I threw him by the cliff into the sea to play the rest of the game solo. The only reason he's above level 10 is due to me being too lazy to throw his ass off until I got to Gran Soren to switch vocations, so for every enemy I killed on the way there, it leveled up.
Thus, he has no bestiary knowledge, no equipment (which admitedly can be arranged quite easily by this point), but more importantly, NO VOCATION, which means he has fuck all skills and fuck all stats all over the place. It'd take the purest of anons to even consider hiring it.

I'm currently taking a look into other farming techniques, but I'll surely take a look at which chests have a chance to spawn perfect RC crystals and I'll godsbane until I get them, thanks for the suggestion.

Back on /ddg/ anons took pawns out all the time, no matter how shitty they were, while they farmed Daimon. Pawn comes back with like 700k RC or some shit. If I had the game installed I'd consider doing it for you.

Is there anything to actually do in postgame besides the Everfall and BBI? Any side quests? Any reason to explore?

I have beat every souls game and I never grinded for anything, hell, you can do no level-up runs pretty easily.

Why do you embarrass yourself so much?

You're not a good Arisen.

Parrying takes more skill than pausing the game and healing to full hp.

And yea, grinding is bullshit. It's unwanted filler in an entertainment filler.

"Quests" like killing new types of beasts for gold and collecting some new trinkets but otherwise it's just kill til you're bored
Killing daimon once finishes bbi "main quest" every time you kill him after that it's his second form and it's just for farming

Bunch of slack-jawed anime weaboo faggot arisen's around here..

My pawn is:
THE JIGABOO KING
And I forgot what I named my character.

Nice Arisien user

I don't seem to recall that headgear and cape, what are those user?

Thanks.. Half expected some meme machine responses, but I appreciate that not all Arisen's might be manchildren I hope

In the shops in cassardis, there's one a couple doors up from the shop next to the inn right before the church. Bearing in mind, these pics were taken near the start of the game, hence my peasant gear x)

You say that while your pawn has the queen's set? Ironic

Oh you mean Iola's shop. Totally forgot about that one because the shop's location is a bit out of the way. I also always try to make my arisen and pawn look like 80s action heroes instead of bishonen even though I'm a total weeb

Not my pawn, person on my friend list's pawn.. I had the choice to put that on my main pawn, but I already thought things were a bit unbalanced so I didn't. I should also mention that NOT ALL pics were taken right at the start, but I thought that was self explanatory seeing as I was wearing the horned helm etc.

Was just below level 20 at that point.

nice man mode arisen you got there user

So correct me if I got this wrong but according this lines Aelinore married to the Duke just a few days ago and he hasn't even touched her?
So… that's why she immediately throws herself to the arms of the arisen?
That's pretty funny actually he needs magic Viagra

It's implied that the marriage is merely political (and also because the Duke couldn't forget his dead waifu, only to then attempt to kill the stand-in himself) and judging by history it's pretty normal for nobles to have a few cunts and/or dicks on the side.

What difficulty are you playing on? Hard actually makes the game easier since the ridiculous amount of money you get offsets the extra damage, outside of attacks that one shot you.

Also make sure you aren't playing mage, and try out the fun vocations like Warrior or Assassin at Gran Soren

There's a ton of stuff to do at the end, though they had planned way more as you can see here

The Dragon was supposed to be like 1/4 through the game and even then they still cut content before the Dragon.

Warrior just plain sucks for certain types of enemies and makes you too reliant on pawns for those kinds of battles. A good example would be the metal golem, which the sorcerer also has some trouble with, especially solo. Assassin is the best all around class just don't ever get hit although my favorite is MK which requires set-ups and tight timing to be able to play it right. Since hybrid classes are only available to the Arisen anyway, I like to think that the devs intended for you to play as one of the hybrids for your final form.

It does because your main complaint is that there is zero tension during the combat, when you have never experienced anything yet that would require tension. You think packs of wolves, flocks of harpies, bandits, or the occasional CYCLOPS is something challenging? You will eat those shits for breakfast as regular enemies three at a time later on in the game.

It also goes with the point of it being an early quest in that you are playing a mission you should have wrapped up within the first hour of playtime, and complaining to a thread full of people who have hundreds of hours in the game if not more. If the question is "I feel like I'm missing something" the answer is "the entire game"

What are "perfect blocks" again?

The true best class is your own

use the mod in the OP and mix and match your own weapons, on my 3 arisens I have sword + longbow, longsword + magic shield, and mage staff + magic bow

There are limitations though like no using left hand weapons in the right hand and trying to combine the sorcerer staff with anything crashes the game. Also the animations will look strange if you use a secondary weapon and the longsword because the secondary weapon will appear on your hand while swinging. This looks okay with the regular shield, but I have a mod that makes magic shields invisible which makes it look fine.

How should I go about leveling my sorcerer? I want to eventually go magick archer.

Seems interesting, but is it true that removing class restrictions on online pawns makes them unusable or something? Or does it only apply to hybrid vocation pawns?

The simplest way would be to play a sorcerer for 190 levels.

Do you want to do lots of damage, never run out of stamina, or be able to take lots of hits? If you want damage level sorcerer, if you want stamina just stick with MA, and if you want to tank level some fighter. Also play with the mod in the OP that lets you use any weapon on any class so you can pretty much play MA while leveling other stuff (alternatively get a fixed stat growth mod for MA).

No clue, I don't fuck with my pawns just the Arisen. There was one time when transferring items though that I had equipped a fighter/MK/warrior leg armor on a mage without realizing, and when I got the pawn back on the other account it gave me that armor as a gift though it wasn't equipped. What I think that means is that anything that doesn't make sense for the vanilla game will just be removed when your pawn is uploaded, so if you don't care about how your pawn fares online then there's no problem.

put like 30 levels in fighter. thats it. if you started as mage its kinda shitty since fighter's gains for the first 10 levels are dankness.

Thanks for the advice. How screwed is my character.

Not at all. There is not much purpose in minmaxing unless you want to shave all of one minute off of endgame bosses. Equipment matters more than stats, just play what you want, but don't try to switch to a magic class after leveling 100 times as a melee class for example.

Thanks. A follow up question would be what are the augments I should use. I know the two damage ones are needed along with the two decreasing casting time and casting cost. What should the last two be?

You could perhaps try having fun rather than just copypasting whatever build the community thinks is optimal. There's plenty of good augments to choose from and I personally like to neglect the damage boosting ones because they're boring and overpowered. Some of my favorite ones to pick are the one that makes you immune to wind buffets, the secret one that raises fall damage height, lantern distance augment, dexterity (climb bosses faster), and many more than I'm way too tired to remember.

How much does strength affect those spells that have physical damage to them? Stuff like Glicel or seism.

it honestly doesnt matter. that's just what i prefer.
Unless if you're going all in on one vocation and then switch to the polar opposite, characters are generally salvageable.

Just like, use that d8input hook thingie in the nexus and fix yourself up.

I actually did this exact thing too, also new, thanks for the advice.

According to the wiki it affects them just fine

The question is mostly about how the damage is split because if it's doing twice as much magic damage as physical then you aren't going to gain much from something like Clout. I would assume that it isn't 50/50 based on my experience fighting golems.

With pawn behaviour how similar do have to play?

if I level a magic dude will a ranged pawn be still learn the right stuff..

Is there something important I'm missing for warrior, or is it supposed to be slow as fuck?

I probably wouldn't mind the greatsword being so slow to do its regular swings if it weren't for the pretty weak damage. Are there specific skills that make the class more enjoyable?

I mean, I'm playing with the hack that lets me use a shield as well, and I still feel like I'd be better off using a normal sword.

Corona/spark slash and Arc of Deliverance are the most fun warrior skills, though some of the other like Escape Slash can be fun too. There's nothing that really makes it faster though, it's a very divisive class. I personally like how slow it is but I can see why many people wouldn't.

Also if you aren't doing lots of damage then your sword is probably shit, you can grab a good one early on by giving Ser Berne some gifts after you do his quest (he's the one that trains with you and your pawns at the encampment). After you give him maybe about 6 things go to the quest board at the Gran Soren inn and do his escort quest. He will reward you with a pretty nice longsword.

Your pawn will mostly be fine, they just might not be super good at choosing when to use which skill. You mostly only need to train pawns that are mages or sorcerers so that they know to stay the fuck back in fights when using their skills and that if they start channeling one as an enemy is barreling towards them that it's not going to work so they should give up and try again once they lose aggro. Yellow pawns are only going to have problems knowing when they should use melee vs ranged, to the point where you might just want to not give your ranger pawn any daggers (though Striders are more balanced so give them both).

I've got something better than Berne's escort sword, but I'm doing early BBI at level 70 ish. I don't think I'm underpowered in general, but the sword I bought (pretty sure it's the same tier as the GS) is generally more effective just because you can attack at a decent speed. Maybe the greatsword/hammers need to be buffed somehow to make it feel more effective.

jumping attacks are your bread and butter. you should almost never be using the regular ground combos. the light air attack is unironically probably warrior's best attack be sure to use it against charging eliminators if you stick with warrior that long

Predation is a wonderful augment to put on early game pawns.
I tried making a fighter pawn ages ago that relied on self-healing. Think I used the Hydra set + Cursed Light (holy weapons heal you for 10% of your MAG stat I think) so I had some Sorc levels put into him (which isn't bad because sorc gets huge MAGdef gains) and some other shit to try and keep him alive as long as possible.

Also for people who have mages, outside of the offensive spells, mage spells really only scale up to 300 base MAG.
So you can level something like 1-10 Mage, 10-100 as 2 levels mage, 88 levels fighter and end up with a mage sporting nearly 4000 health. Then you can add shit like Savior Ring(s), Legion's Might or Rusted Staff for a hardy mage. The level 200 build is similar and ends up with 5.6k HP (I've personally never seen a pawn with more than 6k HP)

you don't have to vocation match.
just build beastiary, gear them up, and keep the vocations straight and it'll be fine.
t. fag who has "trained" multiple ranger pawns (amongst other vocations, maybe ~12 total) in an attempt to get them to use Tenfold Flurry and realized pawn training is mostly bullshit

What I did with my mage is got two rings of perseverance (gifting a bunch of unpurified BBI lvl 3 gear + grabbing a moonbeam gem for the other one) and grinded low XP enemies without doing any quests so that I could get her all the augments she might need while staying as low level as possible (ended up at level 25 with 3 vocations at 9, one at 8, one at 7, and one at 5). This way people can hire her at lower levels and get an XP bonus if they're higher while she doesn't really lose effectiveness because the legion's might makes her immortal and she doesn't require much magic attack like you said.

Minmaxing doesn't really matter in this game right? I don't particularly feel like changing from Strider.

It matters if you're autistic
Or if you get to level 100 before deciding to switch to sorc

Not really, but you can be pretty OP if you want to minmax your augments.

It doesn't and even if it did, Strider is probably the most balanced class anyways. The only time that I bother to actually minmax is making sure I don't have extra levels in magic on a character that does only physical attacks (or the reverse). And be sure to note that enchanted weapons use both your strength and magic anyways.

ok neat, I'm a very indecisive person when it comes to trying things out and I'm not too much of a fan of heavy investment builds.

I feel the same way so when making a new character yesterday I just opened up game_main.arc and changed all of the classes to have the same stat growth.

screenies

Deserves to be a metal album cover.

Entered BBI today at level 56 for the lulz and got severely raped by the Condemned Gorecyclops in the Ward of Regret. I've seen people do it at even lower levels but with debilitating gear and/or le epic goldforged Revenant Wail - wanted to try just blast arrows and periapts + Grig bows. I feel like a niggerfaggot after 45 minutes of that shit.

Is this Gransys Texture Improvement Project?

No texture mods, just the ENB from the OP.

I don't like that texture pack because it makes objects in the environment blend with each other less, mainly that it's very easy to differentiate between the 3D grass and the 2D. The rock textures also make the low polygon count more noticeable.

No this is.

golems are mad fun (unless you're a magic user)

Nice

Just go hybrid and get the best of both worlds mate

My main account is warrior longsword + MK shield which is super fun since it's even better than the widely requested "6 skill warrior." I can buff my weapon to do hybrid damage or do perfect blocks for pure magic.

… Damn, that does sounds fun, I do have that equipment mod but I haven't used it and I still haven't played a pure warrior, so far I have played pure magic sorcerer and assassin Eventually I want to try something like that

yea what mod is that? The dinput8.dll hook thing?

I want to retroactively murder the man in this picture.

I want to get in a time machine, go back to the time of this photo and completely destroy him.

After I have eviscerated him and left his goddamn skull on a pike, I wish to go back to five minutes before I kill him and do it all over again. I will continue this process again and again until I have murdered him back into the womb.

Fucking pathetic piece of shit.

yeah, it's linked on the OP

I was hesitant to use that mod since it felt like too me that it was changing way too much to feel fair, but mystic warrior is too good to pass up. Besides, some NPCs cheat too, The bandit chief, Maul uses warrior-only headgear even though he's clearly a ranger.

Yes, make sure to go into the .ini file to see if its enabled (you can also press f12 in game I believe)

It sure is, I've also got characters that are magic bow + mage staff (archistaff will crash the game when used with other stuff so avoid that), sword + longbow, and daggers + fighter shield.

That pic has to be ironic, it's way too perfect:

I got the mod because getting RC to purify my stuff in BBI was a pain in the ass (right now gettting rc should be fine with the recent sale of the game) but I never really checked all the other options and yeah a Mystic Warrior sounds pretty fun

thanks for the heads up man, I do want to kill Daimon's true form before starting a new character

I got a mod that multiplied all RC quest rewards by 100, so RC isn't a problem for me. It feels like this is the way it is supposed to be.

I can also use a mace on a fighter so they aren't completely useless.

Also for the new character you might want to create an alt $team account and enable family sharing so you can preserve both characters/pawns (and even hire one another's). I have 3 alts and always choose my two support pawns out of the 3 ones I made because searching for people that actually made pawns that are interesting gameplay-wise, visually appealing, and properly trained is a nightmare.

whats the limit on family sharing?

The limit is 5 "family members" (not including the one you're sharing it from), and since I do it anyways with several friends and wanted to support the game so they make a fucking sequel without cutting 75% of the content I bought the game on one of the alts and share it between them.

lol user it's okay mommy loves you

Has anyone done a mod that changes the Everfall chest drop rates? I know BBI stuff is better but some of the Everfall gear is more fashionable looking and it's getting tough looking for certain pieces.

I haven't come across anyone that has found the drop lists in the game files, a lot of stuff in the game is a pain in the ass to mod even though it's all accessible just because many variables don't have names on them. If I were you I'd either godsbane or cheat for them with the mod in the OP or a save editor.

No one is going to get this joke fam, there's no memes desu.

I interpreted it as a joke that makes fun of people who make waifu pawns and are faggots about it

All is faggot.

So you basically change one item that you already own into another one from a catalog? Or do you just spawn a desired item in your inventory? I remember seeing a few strider pawns equipped with mage gear in the rift.

Fuck You Gorecyclops

Does the stat growth mod work fine on an old save?
I'm about 15 levels into strider and want to switch to magick archer, but starting over would be a pain in the ass.

You can do either with the save editor, though from the one time I used the dinput8.dll to spawn an item I think it just added it rather than replacing something. I would always just get one of the item and change the quantity when I did this in the save editor (mostly with unpurified BBI items because fuck grinding that shit).

I'm 99% sure it doesn't, not that I've tested it myself but just because of how your characters stats are saved. Your stats are not determined in the game, they are a variable you can change in your save file and all the stat growth mod does is changes the amounts that get added to those variables on each level up.

However, I worked around this solution awhile ago on one character by looking up the stat calculator and finding what values all of my stats would be if I leveled them properly and changing the stats to the new ones.

That means it'll level up using the new stat values, right? I just want to make sure it doesn't break anything if I use the mod on an existing save.

It won't break anything, it just means if you're a turbo autistic you might be unhappy that you have a couple levels of stats that are slightly suboptimal.

Eh, I suppose.
I might just do what you did and change it afterwards. I feel like playing Ranger right now but I want to try MA around the time I get to BBI.

Well as long as you get the mod before switching classes you won't have to change anything

New bread