Fighting Game General

KoF XIV has launched. The full game is now available for PS4.

Women's team and K' team trailer for KoF XIV have been released.

Definitive Edition to be released on September 20th.

Former Sony exec Adam Boyes joins Iron Galaxy.

Dizzy's already out and Diorama mode coming sometime later this fall.

Juri was released but EU region and people can now buy her with fight money.

The Skullgirls community wrote an open letter to tournament organizers, and the unofficial Skullgirls Tour has been announced.

Harley Quinn and Deadshot have been confirmed for Injustice 2.

Garou getting ported to PS4 and PS Vita.

SNK and Sony are having a pool to gather interest on what game/franchise they should port next: twitter.com/giocorsi/status/758398018777251840

Blade Arcus from Shining: Battle Arena has been released on Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/446040/

Download and register for Fightcade here:
fightcade.com/

Get the full rompack over here:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU

SNK does what Capcan't.

Other urls found in this thread:

zc.qq.com/en/index.html?from=pt
act.tgp.qq.com/pc_game/xd20160815/index.html
mega.nz/#!iRVXTDpS!yvVXtHviyZqXMtRErMn2zrEFWsUASAguT9Nek3SuNTI
docs.google.com/document/d/1TWn22DjIoEBgs_bEXXC5LQq1pRNlk9f9Nw2SGVit5e4/preview
steamdb.info/app/471210/
twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/768651037179641856
mauve.mizuumi.net/2012/07/05/understanding-fighting-game-networking/
twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/769189255037890560
snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/command/pdf/cl_049_antonov.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=nszXkHx5Y-k
ozhadou.net/syd-ohn14-stream-schedule/#more-8574
reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/4zs7hy/daigo_might_get_dqed_from_his_pool_in_ozhadou/
mmcafe.com/news/posts/10212.html
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=563134382
cyberfanatix.com/forums/index.php/topic,1440.msg36790.html#msg36790
twitter.com/snk_lover
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let's see those mains, now that KoF XIV is out.

Pray with me for PC launch soon.

I am giving you my power, user.
How is KOF14?
Is rush shit too much of a crutch or can i ignore it completely and how is netcode?

Its shit

No, it cant be

Any KoF game without Yamazaki is automatically shit, regardless of gameplay

Every review i've seen so far for this game has been positive, except that everyone and their grandmother are complaining about "muh grafix". I think they look great, yet this GameSpot faggot is saying that they are "bland".

Evil is unforgivable, user.

I doubt fighting game fans are going to care about graphics that much anyway, and as if I am going to care about anyone's aesthetic opinion apart from mg own.

I like the look anyway, and think the style is better than SFV.

Is this person a writer for the site or some forum user? I'm honestly not sure which one would be worse to take seriously.

I thought the Classic Kyo costume was a preorder exclusive. Now it's free? Are they the anti-Capcom?

Video review guy

Well I'd rather have a good fighting game full of features with "bland" graphics than a sub-par fighter with features and characters gutted from the main game that looks pretty.

So more Mai footage is out, and the costumes at the end.

Will SNK save fighting games?

cant play new KOF because you are on PC?

PLAY CHING CHONG NIP NONG BOOTLEG KOF INSTEAD

XDZW free keys

August 2016 - New Beta Key giveaway.

Instructions:

1. Create a QQ Account on qq.com: zc.qq.com/en/index.html?from=pt

2. Access this website: act.tgp.qq.com/pc_game/xd20160815/index.html

Log in with your QQ account and click on the golden rectangle rectangle under the calendar. You'll be given 10 points.

3. Repeat the action for three days and you'll get 30 points, then click on the yellow rectangle over the calendar and the account will be activated and ready to play.

4. [UPDATED TGP Client with XDZW 2.0] Download the game and install: mega.nz/#!iRVXTDpS!yvVXtHviyZqXMtRErMn2zrEFWsUASAguT9Nek3SuNTI

note: make sure installation folder is NOT in chinese to execute game properly

TAKE NOTE IM BEING PAID BY TENCENT TO PROMOTE THIS GAME
:^)

Ill just wait for the inevitable port

That carrier looks awfully close to the one in KOF14.

John Grimm is that you?

That Luigi play gave me an orgasm

Team ninja one upping everybody in the character design department.

;-;

This is why I want to main Geese.

What's a good place to have him on my team? Does he work well as a first? This is my first KOF apart from dabbling in xiii recently.

I haven't worked out anyone else apart from maybe Joe, unfortunately.

Thanks user. I like the characters in this game.

Kasumi costume isn't for Momiji. ONE. FUCKING. JOB.

How was the localization for KoF? Any cut content? I know they had some clothes shredding finishers.

King super combo on Yuri shows her bra

I believe there were a few female characters that had that though, unless they removed it for the western release that is.

So when are you stupid fucks gonna post sales?
I want to laugh at you.

We both know this is just an experiment project they're doing in order to actually make a good game with the next iteration assuming this didn't crash and burn to the ground even harder than usual, with the main target audience of KOF being apes and third world mutant mole people that don't even have the money to buy video games.

The game isnt even out yet bro, and its a console game so its not like we can check it out on steamspy.
Stay battered, housewife

99% of the FGC is on console you fucking rejects, use a method to find out the sales or else what in the everloving fuck do you even talk about in these threads, nude mods all day?
I don't give a shit about any capcom fighting games.

Please educate us plebs and tell us how to triangulate the sales numbers for a console game other than the company itself telling us?
You sound buttroasted, tbh fam.

How about for starters the regulars here ask all their friends if they purchased the game?
While it doesn't give a gloabl estimate it gives a good idea of what titles are popualr with your local FGC, wich is a start.

And don't give me the "i don't have any friends" bullshit, if you never play fighting games offline with someone you aren't FGC, you're a stream monster, and in that case your opinion on anything is fucking useless, and if the majority of these threads are stream monsters the threads themselves become useless and should be purged off the board.

No one here cares about FGC you fucking mong, kill yourself.

What kind of a retard gives a flying fuck what MUH FGC has to say about anything?
Capcom did and SFV bombed and has edged capcom even more towards bankruptcy.

Haven't got a chance to get KoF14 yet but Mian is guaranteed on my team at least.

was going to fill it up but cant be arsed right now

what state?

Rashiiiidoooooooooooo

The garden state

People rail on KOFXIV looking like a PS2 game. Honestly, it wouldn't look out of place on the PS3 or 360

Why do all the faces in injustice look so shit, like how bad could they fuck up blue beetle this badly.

So I sat down with ST last night in depth for the first time last night and holy shit this is the best game ever. Dat damage output, also cancellable sweeps is the silliest shit

None, otherwise you'd be hearing about it already. Shredding is still in.

Exactly, it's almost as if these people never played a PS2 game.

RLM did some stuff against the scam that Adam Sandler keep doing with his cheap movies just to get money from studios to fuel his and his friends bank accounts. They do the shitiest stuff just to get their payment.
I see Nether working in the same way. Plenty of people there work in the company since 2D MKs. They are experienced developers, yes, but they only care about a game when promotion is needed. That's why MK 9 was really good and MK X was not.
They don't really care about the game that much, just want the group of friends receiving that nice paycheck from WB.
And let me tell you, if they see their name is too much on the dirty, they might come up with a new Shaolin Monks or something like that.

AHAHAHAHAHA KOFXIV SHILLS BTFO

Don't worry, there's always the next Yuri and Friends

A lot of younger people have only played PS2 games on emulators with the resolution cranked up. Most screenshots of PS2 games found off casual Googling are taken off emulators as well. Finally, some end-of-era PS2 games had great textures that never showed up on a CRT, but come out well when emulated- FFXII is the easiest example of this.

"It looks like a PS2 game" now means "It looks like a PS2 game on modern hardware", which is a lot nicer than it was back when it came out.

It's the shitty LA Noire faces tech

… Are you serious? I don't think people telling you that their friends bought the game would appease you anyway. My bro is picking it up for ps4 and I'm holding out for PC, how is that for sales estimates?

Are you back from that wedding in NZ or something?

Fingers crossed.

He looks so happy

Daily reminder.

Mian is so fucking shit

Is it actually a good game? It seemed fun from the trailers ive seen
I have never been that interested in KoF before, but this one looks alright
Im kinda sad its only on PS4, ill have to wait until a pc release or i can get one for cheap

So, played KoF14 for the first time today and I have to ask, why is King of Dinosaurs so fun to play but objectively shit tier?

has a google doc been made of kof combos yet?
like jwongs mk one? docs.google.com/document/d/1TWn22DjIoEBgs_bEXXC5LQq1pRNlk9f9Nw2SGVit5e4/preview

holy shit ralf doesn't have a charge on his gatling anymore. thank god

Good. You're only one step above Smash autists.

I'm kinda surprised that XIV is what interested you since it looks the least interesting to me. Not that it's uninteresting, just that I really liked the older styles and even XII and XIII more than this.

Because slow and steady is fun as fuck and never viable.

Well, its not like i have actually looked at the other games much
I just think it looked cool from the trailers posted here

If you're interested in KoF in general now, you can always play the older ones on PC. 98UM and 2k2UM for the older styles, XIII is newer, and you can emulate all the other arcade versions, just about. Otherwise, it'll be a while before any news of a PC port is out.

which probably wont be for awhile since everyone and their mom liked mkx. and for some reason max dood and his lackys promoted that game so much saying "every mortal kombat game is an improvement on the last"- no joke

Alright, thanks; I'll check it out

Armageddon was such an improvement over 2, and Vs. DC Universe blew it out of the water! Just look at the fatalities the DC heroes got!

Do you know what it means?

Google translate says it means faggot or fag

I honestly get the impression that NRS genuinely wants to make its fans happy, they're just lacking in experience/competence and make a lot of mistakes along the way. The dedicated NRS fan community is also pretty small, so when a few idiots start demanding major buffs/nerfs it doesn't take long for it spread through virtually the entire community and NRS just caves. Other bullshit like their terrible treatment of their PC audience I seriously attribute to Warner Bros, WB seems to hate PC gamers and every game they've published reflects this.

Shame this wouldn't be for PC version, that's the only thing wrong with it.

This faggot has never met a girl who was confident in her looks. They do shit like this all the time. I know I shouldn't be surprised or enraged since this is status quo with these morons, but man. When will they fuck off?

It was never meant to be

You don't like divekicks and nothing but divekicks? :^)

Yes, I do not like divekicks.

list me fighting games where there is no invincibility whatsoever in it. melee doesn't count cause there's ledge invincibility.

I think tekken and soul calibur might be the only ones

So how is KoF14?

Hmm, interesting question. The only thing which comes to my mind is Mortal Kombat, although that's mainly because I know nothing about it.
There are other forms of invincibility in Melee, but that is certainly the biggest one.

online is laggy as all hell. unhindered gameplay is a watered down kof game with a lot of waifu bait. combo game isn't as absurd as it used to be in kof13.
currently regretting that I bought it
still want to kill myself since they have yet to add a character I can add to my team to make it feel complete with no fillers.

i'd play DoA instead of just firing it up to jerk off, if it had actual gameplay and my entire healthbar didn't deplete in 2 combos

So fighting games have not been saved?

I'd be fine with this but I don't trust chinese sources I know nothing about.

kof 14 is alright.

What about then?

git
u
d

yeah i'd say its alright, nothing special.

Will Tekken 7 will be good?

of course it will be, tekken is pure

it looks like its going to be the best tekken game. but its not like its anything new

why haven't I been playing 98um and 02um?
hows the online?

non existent and the few people that appear there will devastate your ass like every old game with only few core players still into it

plus the ps2 versions are better IMO.

LoL

If it's not like the shitty Tekken 6 port, maybe.

It still won't save fighting games nor will it make more people play Tekken.

Neat. I wonder if there are any other themes brought back

No idea, I won't even think about getting this game until it reaches PC

I think it's pretty clear that it's going to be based. Story mode might be QTE failure and swimsuits could become DLC which is lame, but worst things have happened.

PC version hopefully optimised fine. Even better if it gets OSX/Linux support with the LAN features from the arcade.

Can you still blast girl's clothing off in the proper release of KoF14? I haven't seen a single instance of it so far from what I've watched.

So, XIV netcode is shit? Not surprised at all, really. They have to be ashamed for not licencing GGPO. Fucking MKX, a literal joke of fighting games, has GGPO netcode but they went with delay one.

I knew no one would use Capcom's fuck up as an opportunity. Maximum what ArcSys with SNK did were shitty tweets about arcade mode without DLCs.

Does the game has survival mode with good AI at least? Because otherwise there is no point to play it unless you have friends who would play local multiplayer. I'm still playing +R only because of survival mode and AI there is pretty good, better than in Xrd and other relevant fighting games.

There is a big chance it will, especially if they add crossplay and if online won't be a total garbage. It has all chances to be the most successful relevant fighting game right now if they won't screw everything the way Capcom did. Most people would gladly leave Shit Fighter for Tekken 7.

All what they have to do is to make crossplay, good online, add offline content which can justify a price tag and of course there should be no retarded DLC policy, no insane input lag in offline modes which can't be fixable and no microtransactions.

There is nothing left besides SF5, Xrd and KOF and while SF5 is pretty much a failure, the rest are niche games and thanks to delay netcode are doomed. Revelator seems to be already dead and XIV is going to die in few months at best, Revelator at least has crossplay, but KOF is PS4 only with shitty netcode which makes it even worse.

Considering that PC version is pretty much ready because the game is on arcades, I have no doubt about optimization, if anything, PC version won't be a port and Harada himself likes PC gaming too. There was some video where they showed PC version too shorty after E3.

Don't think Linux support will happen unless Valve decides to pay for it. Perhaps it's better to ask Harada directly about Linux version. But without good demand it won't happen. At best we can only hope for good wine support.

You could in the trailers so i dont see why we couldn't now.

It seems battered houseviwes like 62ef17 are already itt.

Party play worked fine on poongko's stream, and people reported that there's some problem where the number of bars don't correlate to the actual connection quality.

Game still looks like shit though.

Are you retarded? There was nothing good about Capcom in that post. People who have problems with KOF aren't SF5 fanboys, nigger. I don't even think they care about KOF because they don't play anything outside of SF.

Who cares how it looks, graphics can't magically make the game playable. However, it looks better than SF5, design-wise at least.

non-autistic people

Mian is a filthy divekicker? Dropped.

Mian makes me want to buy 14 but it's like $95 dollars

$95? So expensive for a ps4 game…

Most PS4 games here are $80-$100

why not just import?

Even imports are like $70-$80 not including postage

That's what you get for trying to do nerdy things like play video games instead of going to the beach to surf with sharks

ouch

So those are the three characters destined to be played forever? How boring.

That's the demo…

Well I guess that's slightly more positive.

Does kof 14 have the touch of death like kof 13?

MKXL PC Beta is live, about a year too fucking late of course.

steamdb.info/app/471210/

Looks like it's free at least.

At this point, WB would have to pay me to play their games.

There's a free, for previous owners at least, MKXL beta (with GGPO I think) available on Steam.

I'm gonna try it out and shit on Ed Boon's face some more.

why is netcode not improving over time?
why is it that arena shooters have the best netcode and it requires a ping less than 20 with 0 packet loss?
Why are the only fighting games with "decent" netcode extremely watered down casual shit with very little character variety in terms of their play styles like how every character has the same block pressure, and combos with jumping ground bounce juggles (looking at you mkx)?
I actually really want to know the answer to this. why are fighting games given the short end of the stick while arena shooters give the real fans exactly what they want? whats the arena shooter version of fighting games?

Shit I was too late. Props for the news.

Play more games, bro.

Skullgirls. Excellent netcode, people use it as examples all the time, nobody actually plays it. It is fun for button bashing and if you play with people around your skill level, it will never be infuriating. But otherwise, it's basically Marvel and a lot of people hate that.

yeah it being marvel with combos going past 20 hits is too much for me.
not to mention I'm too normalfag to be playing a game with a panty shot in every move

never forget

There is no chance of anything. People will pick it up for the technical visuals and because they played Tekken with their friends in the 90's

When they really try to get good at the game they will realise it's garbage to play because it revolves around being ADHD in your movement just for the sake of, because an exploit was found many years ago and it takes precedent over everything else. So much so that the best input device is learning an obscure joystick that they only use in Korea.

Bamco are trying to promote the game a lot, it's their cash cow that can be made on a cheap budget and all the work is already done from previous iterations (see; "reasons for no new 3D fighting series"). However, the promotion for the game is tracking extremely low, especially given their efforts.

It's to safe to say nobody gives a fuck about Tekken. It's like most things on Holla Forums, people like to pretend they are interested.

General thought in the UK FGC is that Tekken 7 is going to be a big game for the community.

Plenty of SF/MK guys have stated that they're getting comfortable with the idea of transferring.

twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/768651037179641856

Just figure out what you did right in party mode, and do it for the rest of the modes.

Also does anyone have some tips for Kukri? I think he might be the 3rd character I've been looking for my team.

They censored those, you know. Which is weird because they didn't happen for longer than a few frames and still fit the animation, but muh normalfag pandering.

I'm still waiting for the game to have a third male character. SG is a 3-on-3 game, right?

SG is a 1-3 vs 1-3. And it's been officially done for a while. No more new characters.

I still can't believe people thought SNK were "saviors" knowing SNK's track record. I sense a Sonic cycle in the fgc crowd.

It's not going to make play Tekken. It's way too complicated and intimidating for the Average Joe, and Namco still can't make a decent netcode (best was Tag 2, and even that had flaws).

I hate to break it to you, but: one, Tekken isn't that big out of Korea (Yes, there is a US scene, but only in one shitty part of CA); two Tekken 7 is very hit and miss (shitty soundtrack, roster still sucks, balance is retarded even with Akuma nerfed because Fat Bob is an overpowered, broken faggot with no weaknesses). Also, Namco secretly doesn't give two fucks about Tekken, and Harada only cares about milking the fgc suckers with his douche bag bitch Mike Murray.

I'm a Tekken fanboy, but 7 really started on a bad note. Koreans hated it for a long time, and they still feel iffy about it.

Oh yea, the arcade version has micotransactions. Expect them in the console version.

Bamco, Harada and Murray did literally nothing to promote Tekken after Kazumi hit the roster, thinking bullshit messages and promoting stuff only the Japanese and Koreans will like such as exclusive tourneys, bikinis, pop star costumes, and shitty new pictures for the characters will make people hype for Tekken 7.

I still remember Mike Murray being butt-hurt when no one gave him blowjobs over tourney announcements nobody cared about, and calling him out on his bullshit. The guy is a faggot and an ass-hole.

They're going to quit because Tekken is retardedly deep and hard (not as hard as VF, but it's there). If you can't sperg with your movements, juggle, and get out of throws and chain throws, you're fucked. You also have to learn frame data, which the fgc doesn't like to share (SC2's community had an ass-hole who kept the frame data to himself, so he looked like a god).

Even with the botched online, I'm still more satisfied with KoF XIV more than any other fighter release since VF5:FS. The party mode's netcode works perfectly fine, they just gotta figure out how they fucked up the netcode for everything else and get it all working like party mode.

I'm hoping so badly that Tekken 7 doesn't drop the ball. SF5s failure has opened up the potential for a 3D fightan boom unseen since the late 90s. Tekken 7 is slick as hell, easily the best in the series in a long time and has the name recognition, tons of normalfags will buy it purely because they played Tekken 3 way back in the day and people are thirsty for a new well done fightan that takes advantage of this gens hardware thanks to Capcom failing epically. They can't squander this opportunity by rushing the game out, half assing ports, lazy shit netcode, etc. Please don't fuck this up. PLEASE DON'T FUCK THIS UP NAMCO.

as long as they don't try to release a new SC in the same year, it should be fine

Virtua Fighter 6 when

What do you guys think of the newest Blazblue coming out in a few months? Might import since I don't give a shit about the story in fighters.

I'm not exactly fond of combo heavy gameplay but I think I can get by on good fundamentals. I was able to do pretty well online on Fighting Climax Ignition though that game's easier to play. I like how they handle the BB system now where everyone sort of has a super mode to extend combos or make a comeback. I also like most of the new characters and their themes. This will be my first BB since CS.

blazblue might be the only fighter i refuse to play now, my local scene would only play it for like years and i think i actually just got fucking sick of it, and got sick of buying rereleases of it to keep up, and then Xrd came out kinda killing the last interest i held in it

i'll miss playing as tager, bullet, and hakumen though, but not enough to buy it again

Wasn't lacking the rights to Guilty Gear the only reason why Blazblue existed? Why bother continuing the series at this point?

Because it has it's own fanbase now that makes them easy money.

Indeed. It was meant to be a spiritual successor to GG due to the copyright hell GG was in at the time, but with how popular it got initially they continued it even after GG's return. BB can still be a good game, if they learn to stop constantly changing the characters with nerfs and buffs each installment and learn to balance it like Xrd

Why is Mature so cute in XIV

Yeah, it hit me really hard how much better the game would've been if it was a CvS/KoF clone instead of a marvel clone. 1-on-1 fights were the best shit.

as much flak as i give it, it does have its own fairly dedicated fanbase, and a surprising chunk of it is in it for the story

The story started off ok, but got WAY too convoluted for it's own good (between all the games, spinoff titles, and other media, some of which never got released outside of Japan officially).

Story just got plain bonkers, meanwhile the biggest revelation to come outta GG is that Sol is now confirmed a literal foxy grandpa

i agree, once they started introducing time loops and the like my interest was lost, along with the terrible system they used for story mode that was a drag to play

Speaking of Blazblue, did Rachel ever become fun again?

Bullet does look really fun and I used to use Mu when I first played. Searching for a new fighter to play with a friend. GG XrdR might be a good pick but my friend couldn't get into AC+R so I'm trying BB. On a side note, played Garou recently for the first time and it was amazing. Don't know why I didn't play it sooner.

It sales. But I think it's really its own thing at this point and not just a GG clone like it started off as.

The death of any plot that didn't start with them.

I laughed so hard at their reaction to that

even i they removed them the animations and characters are still too much for a normalfag like me

i could never find a character i liked, granted i only ever tried ct and haven't really kept up with the series. is there a notvenom yet?

basically 'muh graphics' means that more information has to sent between players. new engines every few years means that they keep reinventing the wheel instead of building on what works.
mauve.mizuumi.net/2012/07/05/understanding-fighting-game-networking/

that's not how graphics work in online games. the only information thats sent over is player input. graphics "SHOULDN'T" hinder online. and i say that while grinding my teeth because I'm beginning to think it is in some way.

No it doesn't.

holy shit dolphin does not have better netcode.
thanks for the link to the article that completely disproves what you said

It's really not. It only feels better because FPS games are slow as fuck. You're not doing tight punishes, links or blocking qiuck mixups. When even a couple of frames matter you feel the lag much more which isn't the case with FPS games.

is ti me or are the trials kinda shite in KOF14? although i like that each character doesn't have 2 billion fucking trials, its a bummer they don't do a quick run down of all specials and stuff in them

It'd be nice if they would quit making Extend versions of everything.

It's that shit too that doesn't help. It's like the GoTY collector's edition version. Which is just there to make you double dip because they charge it at full price.

people complained that they couldn't beat xiii's trials, so they made them super easy which totally defeats the purpose of even having a trial mode

what do you think causes stage lag?

if only inputs were being shared, the concept of netplay stages wouldn't exist

3D fighting is pretty much dead.

No it isn't. Vanilla Tekken 7 was considered the second or third worst (the other two being Vanilla 6 and Tekken 4). Vanilla 7 was really shitty (it didn't use the Unreal 4 engine properly). The Japanese and Koreans felt like they played an expensive beta with microtransactions for shitty customizations. Korean pros praise it because they're not going to bash a game that gives them checks like SFV players won't bash SFV, so they don't lose their weed money.

FR had potential until they added that overpowered faggot Fat Bob. Fat Bob officially ruined FR. Honestly, if Harada is going to replace Kuma with some retarded character like Eliza, I'm not buying it because the roster is still lame as fuck.

Plot became too convoluted and creepy for it's own good. It had a hentai feel to it.

The releases got out of hand like someone else said (I'm not paying $40 for an expensive patch). Speaking of BB, Arcsys is also dropping BB's English dub, which is funny considering the English VAs probably helped BB get some attention.

Were any of those trial combos useful out of that mode in XIII?

Here's a concept I used a few threads ago. It's a 3x3 template for fighting games. Post your 9 favorite fighting games, and rate other anons.

some were, but i liked the less practical stuff because it gave an idea of what the character could do

vsav
vf5
xiii
xrd it would be ac +r, but the netplay is so shitty that it's not worth playing
last blade
uniel
mvc1 (never played the other ones)
yatagarasu
3rd strike

I can confirm this.

i'm not entirely sure what you mean by that but, I think the closest thing you could probably get to Venom would be Noel as Mu-12, and this happened in the 2nd game: CS.

can't wait to play a far better Kokonoe and learn Hibiki.

GENTLE REMINDER XDZW FREE KEYS MAY BE GIVEN ON AUGUST ONLY

What files do I have to add on my GGPO/fightcade ROM file to have red earth playable online?

Stage lag is caused by poorly optimized stages. It happens offline too, it just gets exaggerated by netcode.

Do you really think players are streaming shaders and particle effects back and forth?

this

dude just stop and think before you post more stuff

stop posting and read what you posted.

what about non deterministic background elements?
then why is this still an issue on consoles, which should be 1:1? i'm thinking of xrd specifically, the only truly unoptimized stage is edinburg. everything else is considered tournament legal and yet only 2 or 3 stages are even considered usable online?

what do points do you hold in contention?

Tournaments are done on PS4, most stages only eat shit on PS3. A large part of the Xrd online player base is on PS3.

It would be astoundingly stupid to bother syncing random background elements between two consoles some hundreds of miles apart. I'd like some evidence that anyone has done it before we talk about it at all.

I did it for 3 days and it didnt work. do I have to actually download that shit whenever I press the yellow rectangle?

when is it coming out? and will i be able to pirate it and or will there possible be a mega upload of it?

Not a surprise, they have to sell InJUSTice 2 after all and they can't sell PS3/360 versions anymore. Is there any hope that it won't sell well? The first game was received badly, wasn't it?

Why wouldn't they, people are forgetting who was behind KOF marketing campaign. Hint: Nomansky is overhyped trash thanks to the same company and people on Holla Forums were also hyped for Nomansky long time ago. I still want to play it though, I play nothing beside GG, Melty or UNIEL. Too bad there is no Vanessa in XIV.

And don't worry, retards will play Tekken 7 too, how else they could pretend that they're into fighting games, at worst normalfags going to whine about cheaters or some other crap and will continue to play. Everyone is hyped about it, PC version news alone brought many people and crossplay with good netcode will bring more. Plus they have no choice just like many others who are crying about dying online in non-SF games they don't give a fuck about. Seriously, what else do they have? SF5 which is shitfest, KI is Botnet 10 and Xboner exclusive. All what I can think of is MKXL. Anti-censorship fags will gladly eat Tekken 7 too. Not to mention that Tekken 7 as a 3D fighting game has no competition, especially on PC where DOA5 is considered a waste.

Also, they going to make DLC characters, Harada said so himself, although I agree that it looked quite shitty and still does, I hope they won't screw consumer version. All what I want is good netcode and better roster because I want to play with my friends. If they can't make good netocde, they better to make worthwhile AI and more offline modes otherwise I'm not going to waste my money on it even on sale.

That and GG was too complex, hence they made BB easier and slower, not to mention that its design screaming about moe crap which is very popular in Japan, with BB they wanted wider audience in every sense of the word. Ironically, there is a very big BB influence in Xrd as well, guess GG artstyle and character design wasn't moe enough.

And by wider audience I mean solely Japan, ArcSys is making money from the arcade market mostly, something what doesn't exist in the west. And you seriously have to be out of your mind to kill BB, I think it's more successful than GG.

There is no need to be so negative user.

Please stop.

Yeah BB is the big money maker now it seems, I'm okay with that really as I still like BB and now it lets GG take more risks.

did you click this? if so your account is ready to access the game
you have to download the client from the mega link and login there to play

no, no announcement for offline play too and no localization yet

Well, it's a fact that KOF marketing was handled by Sony and the game was overhyped even on Holla Forums. Savior of fighting games is too loud statement, you have to admit it, especially when you consider the fact that the game is available for PS4 only right now and we have no idea when they going to port PC version.

The truth is, XIV is just alright, nothing special and was never supposed to be. However, If the game had GGPO and was released on PC, it could be the greatest relevant fighting game. Hopefully their PC port won't be a shitty and desperate cashgrab attempt, would be nice if they improved online in PC version. Since XIII on PC is the best version, there is a chance the same going to happen with XIV. I'll get it on release if they won't fuck it up.

If only fighting games devs were smart enough to realize that GGPO is the best investment if they want their games to make more money and live longer life. It's 2016 and still nobody uses GGPO widely. It was a big surprise when fucking NetherRealm of all people decided to use GGPO in MKX. It also bothers me that everything went silent about Melty Blood Steam version getting CCCaster officially by the dev himself.

I don't know, it's really difficult not to be negative about this, it's like companies want to kill fighting games on purpose. I could understand them not bothering with better netcode decade ago, niche devs couldn't communicate with their western fanbase, but there is no excuse not to improve your game now, when fucking fans are screaming that they want better netcode and when companies are receiving feedback. Several months ago ArcSys decided to make PC support site, but I'm pretty sure they won't give a fuck about people who want them to license GGPO. They didn't even when some fans themselves wanted to help to develop better netcode in their games.

Being fighting games fan is more suffering than being RTS fan. I still can play multiplayer fine in Dune 2/2000, Emperor, first C&C game, Red Alert, etc while I can fuck off if I decide to play UNIEL, AH3, +R, BB or maybe KOF except XIV right now. And you know what, fighting games and RTS are the only online games I like.

It really feels like Sonic cycle, Sonic fags couldn't get good game with classic physics until Mania when Generations with Colors felt like XIV or Xrd and fighting games fans can't have good netplay in their favorite games which are too niche and everything non SF or MK is a niche. Can we consider Sonic Boom as SF5 of Sonic games?

It would be great if they did. Instead they trying to turn it into another BB.

Honestly, if +R had good netocde, I'd never touch Xrd.

Could you explain? I haven't kept up with either game.

Assblasted AC+R babby still trying to force his "Xrd is BB" meme. Watch as his stellar arguement will come down to YRC and waifus.

Why does the template not have other Guilty Gears than the first one? Nobody plays that ancient game. Yet this template has all the Street Fighter games.

because if we would consider each iteration of each fighting game on that list it would be 2-3 times bigger

SFV PC is for modding

So why is it considering each iteration of some games and not of some others? Makes no sense to not have Xrd in it but to have SF V, which is a mess.

Sf4 is for watching

Damn that fat ass is making me dizzy

SFIV looks much more responsive compared to SFV.

My big thing against Xrd is that it's a heated up #Reload leftover in 3d.

That user is still probably the same retard that's hated Xrd for the most random reasons (YRC is stupid because uh…!!!! uh!!!).

Rather than turning it into BB the problem is that most of the character moveset designs are either boring (all the newbies) or a roided up #reload reincarnation (gorilla sol, etc).

That faggot Mike Z said the same thing, and that's the only thing I've ever agreed with that guy.

8frame input devay vs 5

Ok then

There isn't gonna be a dub so I'm not spending money on it. I was fine with GG but BB has had five games with it and I'm pretty much only in it for the story at this point since GG isn't dead. Might play it at a friends but that's about it.

Just got KoFXIV and I can't get to configure my PS3 pad (MadCatz SFxT). It keeps asking to insert the pad meaning it's not acknowledging it.
I dunno if I'm doing something wrong or if it's because as a Eurofag, the support patch still isn't live.
Did a quick google search and read about people that got it to work.

It recognizes the pad but the d-pad doesn't work.
The pad itself always worked well and wasn't worn out.

There was someone who was working on a template that had every version of each fighting game, such as every Blazblue or every Guilty Gear, or every Marvel fighting game, but he never posted the finished template.

Please tell me Ralf and Clark do those poses in XIV.

It might just be a fault of the Lab Zero driver not getting implemented properly. Not sure what to tell you.

Was never into BlazBlue. Everyone seemed like a fruit and nobody played the way I was expecting. Then I heard the story went bonkers, so I had even less of a reason to play. Besides, I was always more into Melty Blood for my anime fighter fix.

I still have the old template if anybody wants it.

Goddamn that's huge. I'm starting to think we should adopt two mains templates; one huge one like this so we can list who we used in every fighting game we ever played, and a small one that only lists games with big active online communities (like if it got cranked out today it would list SFV, KOFXIV, GGXR, Sm4sh, MKX, then next year it would be updated to include T7, BBCF, IJ2, etc). I mean seriously, look at mine, it's mostly empty and the few games I've played are ones no one in here gives a shit about.

Of course we can argue about which games would deserve to be added to or dropped from the "active" template, it's what we do.

twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/769189255037890560

Welp back to party mode and practicing.

In the character trailer Ralf definitely did that pose

Wish I knew who to bitch out address properly but even then, I've no social media account.
I can still manage thanks to KoF being 4 buttons but it was still a disappointment. Doing super cancels in the PS4 pad feels like my thumb is having a seizure and I was hoping a more responsive pad would help focus on improvement.

Anyway, it's been typical day 1 for me, just fuckin' around with almost every character in lab. Happy that Luong and Hein "clicked" since I was hoping to main them. Now for #3; might be Vice or Mature (or Antonov when I unlock him). Leona feels great too; nothing quite like comboing a charge move into another.
Mian might be my favorite new character but she feels really difficult to get the hang of like she has to be played like a Devil May Cry secret mission where you have to stay airborne for half a minute.

And here's Antonov's command list. SNK also released a second trailer of him but it's the exact same as the Antonov EU trailer.
snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/command/pdf/cl_049_antonov.pdf

I've put off buying KoFXIV since I was afraid of how I might not like it based on the demo, and I'm tired of games needing patches out the door. Then again, it's SNK and I should have expected as much. I'm hoping if I do get it, that Angel will be fun to play, but if Nelson was any indicator from the demo, I'll hate playing as her.

I don't know if it's just me, but the actual game felt a lot faster than the demo. I'd say rent it or wait for the PC version and pirate before buying.

Seriously, if not for Leona, this team would be composed of complete nerdy para-military soldiers.

godammit i've been pressing the wrong button

Didn't someone in KOFXIII pre-dialogue pretty much call them "Playing Soldier"?

I think it was Kyo

That's one thing I miss about KoF XIII, I miss how everyone had dialogue vs everyone else

Anybody play undernight in here? Is chaos' st. B safe on block because what the fuck?

Yeah, the dialouge is only between certain characters now, such as Kyo vs. Iori, K' vs. Chin, Angel vs. Kula, etc. **Does anyone know every dialogue conversation that can occur in XIV's story mode?

so i want 3 games on dat ps4 now bitches?

the ones I've found so far;
Mui Mui vs Chang
Leona vs Mature
Mature vs Xanadu
Nakoruru vs Chin
King vs Ryo
King vs Hein
King vs Yuri
Robert vs Bandeiras (my favorite so far)
Geese vs Ryo
Alice vs Billy
Iori vs Tung
Luong vs Benimaru
Benimaru vs love heart

wait, I just got a list of them all on twitter

That attention to detail
youtube.com/watch?v=nszXkHx5Y-k

Do you think the lack of a dub could have something to do with the voice actor union strike that went on earlier this year?

Not that user, but I'd definitely say so. Probably the reason Revelator didn't get a dub either (thank god for that though. Sign's dub was really half-assed from what I've heard)

So can you or can you not cancel into super from EX moves in KoF XIV, been getting 2 different stories all day from the people I play with

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that there is no Gang vs Meitenkun where Gang thinks Meitenkun is a girl

Just finished my first Story mode run in KoF XIV Official Invitation Team mostly by being a cheap bastard. The AI kinda bugs me; while it's perfectly capable to do optimal combos, it almost never moves, it just stands there waiting. Antonov was probably the only AI opponent to rush me.
Unlocking both bosses in one run was a good idea but on the opposite end, SNK added some sort of block to certain parts of the game (cutscenes, gallery and even the victory screen), preventing recording and screenshots and they were so overzealous at it that you can't even get the automatic Trophy screenshots. And I was hoping to "rip" the art assets that are quite plentiful (hopefully the more tech savvy will find a way).

Dive kicks? Dive kicks.

Kukri, actually. His QCF+P can keep the AI at bay almost indefinitely. Hate to say it but Sylvie and Mian were practically dead weights.
I honestly want to learn Mian though.

She's fun, but she's not on my main team.

I've just been cheesing people in party mode for fun and getting hate mail from it.

you sure about that?

Time for 3S

Let's go, Diagoooooooooooo

ozhadou.net/syd-ohn14-stream-schedule/#more-8574
reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/4zs7hy/daigo_might_get_dqed_from_his_pool_in_ozhadou/

*sigh* sf4 is ded in syd
ST, 3rd Strike, SFV but no SF4 or SFAlpha

UHHHH!

Who likes the new Juri costume?

Holy fuck yes, I didn't know they remixed this

I think the covered up cleavage looks kinda dumb, feels very last minute. Looks a lot better with just the cleavage revealed

They wouldnt dare DQ Dingo Umehara

KOF14 H

it's like '09er scrubhood reached the masses far and wide instead of the select few

How about if you just edit it to include the mains you want and cut the ones you leave empty?

It was a great dub, and some characters sounded better off in english

So is SFV finally fixed to not lag like a piece of shit online, or should I just say fuck it and get a PS4 with KoF14?

Tfw no local scene for KI or Guilty Gear

Been digging around trying to find out what are the special edit teams and found this list. Anyone can confirm if it's legit before I start grinding out story mode?
Ryo, Mui Mui, Kensou

Ramon, Joe, Robert

Tung, Gang Il, Chin

Nakoruru, Athena, Kula.

Mui Mui, Love Heart, Alice

Zarina, Nakoruru and King of Dinosaurs

Sylvie, Kula, Angel

Mai, Andy, Bandeiras

Shun'ei , Terry, Geese

Don't get KoF XIV until the netcode patch or wait for the PC version, right now only party mode has good netcode. Every other mode plays like trash.

I find it really strange that it's a bug that only appears in non-party modes and when you have a lobby, only the bottom right box has no connection issues.

I wonder how it fucked up.

It's SNK, I'm more surprised that they got even one game mode to have properly working netcode.

NESTS Girls, Lucky Sevens and Beautiful Hair are legit. Saw the illustrations on Twitter.

I think I've decided on a team - Luong, Hein and Antonov.

Found something interesting with Antonov. Might not be all that much of a novelty but you can cancel the second half of Vertical Macho (DP+P) with Bering Wave (air QCF+P) making it a bit safer in case you don't catch the opponent.

BB's dub was the reason why non-weeabos or non-GG players got into BlazBlue even if those people weren't hardcore Arksys/fighting game players. Too bad the dub was probably the only good thing about BlazBlue.

When aren't they on strike?!

Now I want to main Ryo.

How is UNiB? Is the PC scene dead? Assume I'm an irredeemable piece of garbage who actually enjoys anime fightan.

Good port, netcode is alright; usable but not outstanding
very small but active community.
There is nothing wrong with enjoying UNIB

Seems like it's a game being made by only one guy, but, who knows, might be fun.

And one more, with some systems. Seems like it's mugen.

Who do you guys hope gets in the next king of fighters? I have a few ideas of my own of how the roster should go.

To go off with the AoF ending;
>Ryo and Butt form their own team, Ryo takes up his Mr. Karate II mantel. Ryuhaku is the 3rd team member but doesn't realize Mr.Karate II is Ryo

also;
Why not just go with Hokutomaru? We know he's around in the KoF universe since XI.

I forgot about Hokutomaru. I also want team elizabeth to come back, but only because I want shen woo to come back.

Well if the Official Invitation Team's ending is anything to go by; her and Ash will be back

What the fuck with this game

But Ash didn't die in the first place, he merely ceased to exist, I guess it's alright since nobody expects a fighting game story to make any sort of sense.

I just thought of a Resurrected Team, with Shermie, Krizalid, and Ash

MKXL doesn't use GGPO it uses a proprietary rollback netcode just like SFV but apparently MKXL did it right.
About KOFXIV and ArcSys games, it's probably japanese pride.

But I got my copy shipped already. I hope they make the online playable by then.
At least it looks to be better than XIII's wonky hitboxes and TOD combo for everybody and some with only 3 bars.
It was overhyped by BRs and mexicans because it's KOF. I remember people hyped for XII.

I liked Colors, Generations and have nostalgia for Adventure2. Of course I love the classics and the GBAs were alright but only have regret for 2006 because the other ones I could see from a mile being shit.
Did Sonic Boom fooled anyone and had a defense force?

Well, it's hard to get excited by this point but I like the characters and the gameplay only improved but since CS I wait for the Extend version. Did it with CP and will wait for CF
Also, WHEN'S JUBEI?

I think SFV being a complete blunder had more of a part in boosting XIV's hype.

I hope they don't slip up the netcode again when they do the new Samurai Shodown or the Garou sequel, cause my hype for XIV would have been completely fulfilled if all the other modes worked as good as party mode does.

what do you guys think of pretzel inputs?
a 236547852145698 kind of thing

Switch Krizalid with Rugal.

I accepted YRC just fine and I don't see it as a legit problem, but Xrd character design is mostly crap. Don't tell me there is no BB influence in Xrd, you're blind retard if you think otherwise and you better look at earlier Xrd artwork.

Besides design and boring move set you mentioned I also hate its AI and lack of good offline modes from previous games which were more entertaining and shitty plot which ruined pretty good GG lore. AI especially in Xrd is just absolute shit compared to XX series. And don't try to pull "no one play fighting games for AI or offline modes" crap, this excuse doesn't work if your game has alright online with small fanbase and Xrd is extreme niche which is always dying in several months, not to mention that it cost money or that they tend to re-release the same game with some improvements and new Story Mode. Terrible online and lack of offline modes with microtransactions in SF5 were the first reason why I didn't waste even 30 bucks on this piece of shit which should use free to play model.

Shit netcode can work for SF because its fanbase is big, but what's the point in getting Xrd if it has nothing unless you don't play arcade version or don't have friends who are close to you and would play Xrd too? I'm still fine with Xrd gameplay, but I'd like to play the game more than a few months. I was playing Reload and AC for fucking years and I dropped Xrd in three or four months. Sure you can find people even now, but you have to wait for too long and no one knows how good connection is going to be. I would still play Xrd for MOM if AI was better though.

Or maybe simple laziness, it can be said so at least about ArcSys because why bother when you're doing fine thanks to arcades. It's sad because ArcSys seems to be a little bit more competent, hence they're communicating on Steam forums and trying to behave like they care, this is something what not even most western devs are doing.

Personally, I'd like to see:
>Krauser Team (Krauser, Lawrence, Axel Hawk) This is just a thinly veiled excuse for more Fatal Fury Characters to come back
>Jin Team (Chonrei, Chonshu, Yamazaki/original character) Thinly veiled excuse for more Fatal Fury Characters.
So how stupid do my "dream team" ideas sound?

I always liked the idea of a buriki one team with Gai Tendo, Seo Yong Song and some other charater, possibly Takato. I also think a team of White/Raiden/Hwa Jai would be a cool way to bring back some good characters

That reminds me of all the AoF3 characters that will never show up again.

Oh shit that would be great.

So right now I'm thinking of a main team for KOF14, so far I got Alice, and Robert. All I need is a third…

Some KoF inputs are just bullshit.

I'd guess yes because if I remember right, it's got middling range.

Pretzels are retarded, basically anything else I'm okay with.

I already miss it

You're both for a treat.
mmcafe.com/news/posts/10212.html

Make it Kyo/Iori/Chizuru as the Sacred Treasures Team back again hunting New Faces just to discover it wasn't really necessary.
Also bring Shingo back to Japan Team with Benimaru and Goro.

Considering Official Invitation ending, It'll be Elisabeth, Ash and Kukri. With Official Invitation being Antonov, Sylvie and Mian.

>Not wanting Evil Oyaji Team with Rugal, Geese and Gaidel

I refuse to call that team anything but the Bad Dad Team

Are the UM versions faster? they definitely appear to have faster move speed and hit lag appears to be a lot quicker

I'll remember to disregard your opinions more in future

i got scammed by these fucks and even tough i still have the game in my library i am not touching it again ever

98 to 98UM(FE) is basically another game. The groove system added, Extra not being useless, characters added like Kasumi, Eiji and Boss Team from '96. The general feel is still pretty '98.
2002UM is basically a less buggy, prettier and "fixed" version of 2002 with a revision on the MAX system with many characters added.
Netcode aside while I can see some wanting to play '98 instead of 98UMFE, I see no reasons to play 2002og when you can play 2002UM. And I speak as an Athena player.

If you like Krauser shitting on everyone in '98UM, sure. Steam versions are the Final Edition for 98UM and Tougeki ver. for 2002UM. The only things left out are the 3D backgrounds and Color Edit. There is a mod for AST on 98UMFE: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=563134382
2002UM already has its own soundtrack

that doesn't look like Krauser was OP at all, if he got any nerfs in the PC port, the first one got his ass done the round it appeared and the last one only made me think that last DM had a longer than usual grab range, in that regard he didn't look too far in cheapness from the usual kim/iori/filler team every KOF has

2002UM tougeki is on the ps2 as well and it's the same version that was ported to steam

Here's the changelog m8(this was not a minor patch): cyberfanatix.com/forums/index.php/topic,1440.msg36790.html#msg36790
He could zone, poke and grab you with very high damage (for '98).

Only the japanese version.
The only western official versions of Final Edition and Tougeki ver. are on Steam.
It's not that the Steam ports are lacking the PS2 features. But if you look into the files you'll know that both are a straight port of the Taito Type X series that runs on a modified WindowsXP. CodeMystics just added the consoleUI, added an emulated version of the vanillas(2002 is just hidden for some reason) and recreated the challenges of the console port.

Any other anons get to go to AB7 this weekend?

I know that feel, so far my team is pic related. Being going through story mode with everyone trying to fine a someone that feels right.

So far Maxima, Mature, Antonov and Alice are up on the possibility list, but I'm not gonna settle down on a choice until I've played everyone.

If Kasumi came back it would have been an easy choice.

Shit I forgot to post my list. Postin now.

Decided to start trying out other fighting games I have, Going with Under night in-birth first. Liking it a lot so far, going with Yuzuriha and Akatsuki as my mains currently, but also trying out the rest of the cast. I really like Yuzuriha's Battojutsu style and how powerful and fun Akatsuki is to play (probably helps that he's using martial arts along with electricity, which is one of my favorite combinations).

I saw in a previous thread that the online community for this game is small but active, which is good to hear. Looking forward to playing this more and hope they release the late[st] version sometime soon.

You're silly

Pretty much this. Your fight stick can have whatever pic on it, cause it belongs to you and you alone.

I have the Hori RAP5, and I've looked into customizing it. I'm just not even sure which artwork I would even use.

The fact that I have zero local scenes for any games, and online for KI is dead, online for SFV is shit, and no KoF14 for PC yet makes me wonder if there's even a point to keeping it.

Do you have any place where you live where a lot of people play games, such as a lounge, LAN center, or shop? If so and you're willing, try to see if you can get permission to set up a monitor and console and/or PC to host some fighting games and ask others if they would be interested in joining and helping out with more setups and help spread the word. It will start off small as all scenes do, but over time and done right, it can start to grow.

I have a scene that plays the latest fighting games certain days of the week. It's fairly small, but has a lot of good fighters and people in general in it. I do what I can to help it and join in the fun (would be more involved, but I have other priorities I need to address before I can do that).

I think the closest thing we got to that was a movie trading company type shop close by. One of the employees was asking if we'd want to start up some kind of vidya type tourney thing every week. At the end, only five people including us signed up.

I live right by one of the most liberal fucking colleges in the Southwest though, so it's a town filled with people that scoff at video games as they dye their hair a color even more wild than their clothes.

Character arts in decent resolution if anyone's interested: twitter.com/snk_lover

Looks like two of MUH MAINS and a character that's very easy to use are a special team.

So that's the team that's missing from

Who the hell is the character in the middle?

Kukri

I should have known.

The reason I play Shun is for his stand I think it may have been intentional. But yeah, Tung disciples is legit for sure. Since I play two out of the three characters on the team I gave it a shot.

if the college has frats, try that

straight lie, i ve been playing non stop KI for the last 2 weeks and there is a lot of people in all sort of skill levels and it never takes more than 20 seconds to get a match, the only time it's quite slow is past midnight and even then you will find a good amount of people playing, i ve spent whole nights playing online.

Am I a bad person for considering putting Verse on my XIV team?

People like to say anything that doesn't have SF sized player base is dead.

So, even though I've always liked fighting games, I was never into the competitive aspect of it.
Is it normal to lose a lot? Like a lot?

Well if you play them casually, yeah you're bound to lose a lot if people you run into people playing more seriously.

if you know what your character is capable of, you will git gud and learn just from playing and trying to win eventually

unless you keep getting these brutal beatings where you barely get to touch your controller, can't learn shit like that i know

speaking about not touching your controllers until you die , there is a local scene in my town for Skullgrills and sometimes we got around to play with a 5 second combo rule where we can only combo for roughly 5 seconds and the gameplay is instantly 200% less shitty, wish this could be done online

Well, for the most part this is true. I think KI is still alive because of great netcode. It won't be dead even in several years thanks to good online, but I'm pretty sure that fanbase isn't that big right now. The game is available only for W10 and Xbone.

It also helps that KI is free

You're a ISIS of literally Hitlers.
In all seriousness, he doesn't feel overpowered, at least not SNK boss overpowered. Probably even the easiest one to beat but maybe because the AI's kinda derpy.

Very common. It's tough but if you plan on sticking with the game you'll have to persevere (especially in more niche titles where the community is pretty much all intermediate-advanced).
The ideal is finding people to play with regularly, and ones that are better at you but only marginally so you're able to recognize your mistakes and things to improve. Like pointed out, if you just play players far ahead your level, you'll get curbstomped, not learn a thing, get frustrated and possibly drop the game.

Side note, the trials in XIV are very simple, even borderline easy if you don't take the super inputs under consideration but they almost all seem to follow the same formula of basic move > command move > MAX cancel > basic move > special move > super > max super or climax super and I'm not sure if that's a good thing as it feels like I'm missing out on the combo potential or juggle properties of moves. There's a few unique ones like comboing after Hein's QCB+P and Xanadu's corner belching though.

AFAIK only happens when AoF characters (Ryo, Robert, Yuri, King, Geese) use special moves/projectiles on Yuri or King. Might be wrong though.

Ironically Leona more moves with references than her teammates. I wonder if she used to watch old super robot/toku shows with Heidern or Ralf/Clark.

I saw it happen to Yuri.

I think I might be autistic enough to do this.
considering making it blue like the last pic cause i like that color

nevermind just found out this website has a minimum quantity purchase of 6

The JoJoba (Japaneses no cd version) that is popular on fightcade is not in the MEGA. Nor can I get the one form emuparadise to work. Anyone have any suggestions?

take the jojobane version and rename it to jojoban

Luong smoking black dress dlc… when?

jesus christ years of just QCFx2 have made me a babby

Why does Chang and Leona salute each other in story mode? Am I just forgetting something from the past KoF games or what?

She still does that?

Yes, fighting games are very hard to get gud. I've played all my life on and off but never goot gud at fighting games. The only tips I have to get better is to practice first getting gud one thing like a combo or special move in practice mode. Then force yourself to try and use that combo in real fights over and over until it became second nature (even if you lose). You do this over and over again until you start to build up the tool in your toolbox. That's how you get better. The only characters in fighting games I'm good at is Charge characters like Guile, Charlie or Remy because its easy to turtle. I was good with MK2 and Teken 3 back in the day too but its been so long. I've never been good at KoF.

thanks man

Yeah, they turned it into the Leona vs Chang cutscene for XIV.

My execution is bad to begin with, and trying to do this shit is impossible for me, I haven't been able to complete the tutorial because of it. Feels terrible.

NEW THREAD

Holy shit I got to meet Snake and it was awkward as fuck, but he's such a nice guy.