What is GOTY 2017 and why is it Sonic Mania?

What is GOTY 2017 and why is it Sonic Mania?

Other urls found in this thread:

hitbox.tv/buzzyberyl
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BANNERLORD

it's totally coming you guys I swear. ;_;

The GOTY will be some shit AAA title or a Nintendo game like it is every fucking year

lol

LIGHTS

CAMERA

ACTION

HE'S THE FASTEST THING ALIVE

Does Holla Forums smell what the Sonic is cookin?

It'll be up there, no doubt about it.

he'll get GOTY once he stops acting like a faggot

this better not be another one of those "would you fuck a pokemon" situation.

wheres the penis?

why the fuck wouldn't you?

If Ys VIII gets localized in 2017 that will be my GOTY even though I already beat the jap version

How hard would you mark out?

same here, I'm actually hoping for a simultaneous PS4 release.

because its gay

The obvious 30th Anniversary MegaTen game, whatever it turns out to be.

The company's been mostly silent so far, but we know it's coming.

This speaks to my soul.

I wonder if every act 2 and 3 are gonna have a remix of this.

I don't want to be hyped

I DON'T WANT TO BE HYPED

Persona 4-II: Marie Returns

Stop it, boner

no

I want to believe in Sonic mania and 2017 project.

Dont kid yourself, Valve is gonna take next year's GOTY with Left 4 Dead 3.

Oh God, no.

LIGHTS
CAMERA
ACTION 52

TOTINOS
TOTINOS…
HOW DIDJA KNOOOWWW

I feel NieR will be better. I'm excited for Mania, but it will be fun for a few hours compared to Automata's many.

Thats not how you spell Bannerlord

Which other IP would you like to see making a glorious comeback, Holla Forums?

YEAH
WOO

It will never happen

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

It's not 1997, OP.

I just know Polygon is going to suggest turning Sonic gay to make "Sonic great again".

Hell, if Sonic Mania delivers, they're going to turn to "Sonic's attitude represents toxic masculinity and must emasculated" tactics. These fuckers just hate Sonic because they hate confident little buggers.

Epic post user,

What is GOTY 2029 and why is it K.T.E. in Knuckles & Knuckles, & Knuckles?

Disregard all Sonic games and their quality for the past ~20 years for a moment and look at Sonic Mania by itself:

What part of Sonic Mania would convince you it won't be good?

Because nintendo forgot how to make a fun platformer. Fuck, their newest "platformer" was just a stripped down lunar magic tool without the good parts of Lunar Magic.

The rehashing of sonic 1. Chances are it's just going to be sonic 1 remix edition instead of a brand new game.

Green Hill Zone's just 1/6 of Sonic 1.
Regardless, the trailer didn't state that'd be the only game getting rehashed levels.

Studiopolis?

Sega may enjoy using Green hills as a starting off point but Nintendo turned that shit into market.

Feels bad, but at least the games will never have Penders-tier donut steel faggotry or retarded plotlines.

I know it's mostly based on things that WEREN'T in the trailers and demo, but I'm just remembering how similar games with lots of hype went wrong.

Stealth's at least came up with a variant on the Blue Sphere, among other things.

He also made SonED and SonED2.

Looking through his channel, it looks like he's also worked on a platformer at some point. Probably uses the Headcannon Engine.

Don't forget the second part to that

Moar

I guess cuckoldry is a okay for nintendo fans. :^)

Sonic 1 megamix is hardly a port.

There is literally nothing wrong with cuckoldry.

Are you sure you mean to be posting here and not on reddit?

Oh shit, Stealth did work on that. I think Taxman also made a fangame demo back in the early 2000s, too.

He said glorious

Honestly anons, I'd be delighted if Sonic actually won GOTY. Imagine the outrage.

the inory

There are plenty of vidya related shit that i'm chomping at the bit for.

>mfw the NX and nintendo will be late to the party as usual and charge for their online service.

Taxman apparently made original levels/bosses for his sonic ports also, but SEGA shut down that idea because "Muh faithfulness to the original port"

Wanna bet they're getting recycled for Mania?

What zones would you like to see return from 2, 3, K, and CD in Mania?

i always thought they were just part of his shoes not socks

Spring Yard or Mushroom Hill would be nice.

Id prefer all new stages but if i had to pick Flying Battery or Carnival Night

LAVA REEF

I'd honestly prefer all new stages, but I'd just like to hear Tee Lopes do a remix of the themes.

You fucking would and you know it.

You make it sound like that's a bad thing, there's nothing wrong with it.

bump, sonc hog threads on Holla Forums have been really chill recently

Allegedly that's cause most of the cancer's jumped ship to Undertale and Steven Universe.

every time until tumblrtale gets banned entirely

which sanic would you fug?

SNES' sound-font 'synth' cannot compare.

You mean Overwatch?

Everything you read on the internet is true guys, trust me, I work for a marketing firm.

Hey, I really won't complain if that turns out to be the case.

Sonic was always homosexual.

Why do you think he keeps his foxboy fuckbuddy around while avoiding such cute girls as Amy like the plague?

hottip: sonic has always been shit and always will be shit

BANNERLORD
I honestly started to forget about that game. It's been so long

It's beautiful.

Kill yourself.

Then why'd he kiss a princess, faggot?

The PR guys for Deus Ex and Sonic the Hedgehog have been in bed together for the past year or so, so I'm not surprised.

Because 2006 ain't canon and never happened, even within its own plot. :^)

I guess he doesn't have one~

Streaman sum Sanic Retro Remix.

hitbox.tv/buzzyberyl

I don't understand. You guys talk to each other every day. You spend so much time together, and you're saying you don't want to fuck some of the guys on this board?

Obviously you wouldn't bone the fat ones, but most guys on Holla Forums are white twinks.

?

There's gotta be some sort of sexual tension here.

PagodaWest:
– Made Sonic 2 HD (partially)
– Made Major Magnet (a very Sonic-like iOS game with good HD art, considered to be quite good for a mobile title)

Stealth:
– Made SonED 1/2 editor
– Made E02 engine (fucking amazing for the 90s, man)
– Made the game Sonic: Project Mettrix for E02
– Helped port Sonic 1/2
– Ported Sonic 1 (GHZ/SS1) to the GBA (which SEGA couldn't manage), including the Spindash and Knuckles

Taxman:
– Made Retro Engine
– Ported Sonic CD/1/2
– Made the game Retro Sonic
– Added additional concept content for Sonic CD, which, sadly, didn't get through Sega (Dusty Desert/Final Fever)

Oh yeah, Stealth also headed Sonic Megamix after Tweaker left, how could I forget.

The rehased levels are going to be from Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic & Knuckles (separately), Sonic CD.

That is, 5 remixed levels, one of which we have already seen.
However, Taxman stated that GHZ was the most tame remix of all despite all the changes, and all the other remixed zones are going to be much more different.

If they did remix Lava Reef, I'd imagine they would merge it with Hidden Palace. Would be nice to see HPZ as a more complete level.

I would say ice cap, but since that's pretty much a given, I'd have to go with marble zone.

I don't know why it's Nier Automata, you tell me.

Look up the Gamescom footage of siege defense for a bit of an update.
It's happening

You missed one. Also the desert level's called Desert Dazzle.

Yeah, forgot to mention that one. Thanks

Hypercrisis is real

grant no
you cannae

Bonnerlord

That's not even a Sanic song, it was a nip song that was HUGE in the 90's and the developers asked to put it in the game because it would attract more people, not because Sonic and Tails are gay lovers that sleep in each others arms and make out under the moon.

It's dead Jim, i fully expect it to be the biggest disappointment of 2017.

i-it'll happen

Mania basically just looks like it's going to be a Sonic 3 romhack. It'll probably be okay, but quickly finished and quickly forgotten.

Just like Sonic 1 2 3 and cd.

Because "game devs" are too busy making movies and milking goyim to make something decent

Best sonic character all years

At first glance I thought that said Sonic Mafia.

To be fair, shit localization could be fixed by good fan translation, it will be easier thanks to PC release especially unless they decide to remove Japanese text and voices.

The princess kissed his cold, dead body, nigger. He didn't really have a choice in the matter.

They're coming out with a new anime spin-off if you're starved for new parappa content.