Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Samus is the penultimate boss
Symbolism

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.io/r/acH6c7
youtube.com/watch?v=cQn6vT91Sqs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The last battle

The final boss is you killing samus. Can't tell if Nintendo is being poetic or just a dick.

Wait, is Samus the final boss or the penultimate boss?

One of you doesn't know the correct definition for the word you used, and I refuse to play that abortion of a game so I don't know which.

Youcan just get the .cia and some save file and know what happen yourself.
If I had space in my SD I'd play it myself, it doesn't look terribly bad, it's just a let down since you can't play with samus.

penultimate, at least in the video

wew lads

Penultimate means "second last"

Is she the last boss or the second last boss?

I know it says Metal Gear Survive but this can also work for Nintendo raping the Metroid series.

Oh god what the fuck is Nintendo doing?

Who is even the audience for this shit?

Holy shit, just watch the fucking video you retards. Samus is the penultimate boss.

Naw, fuck off

Even if you took away the context of the boss being Samus, its just you fighting a giant ball as a boss fight.

missed opportunity

What a shit game, not even worth a pirate.

At least they are not Sony.

Of course they arent, sony actually has games on their handheld.

Samus confirmed for giantess

This looks fucking awful. I was expecting it to go full pinball mode or something. You're just shooting a gigantic glowing ball that literally just rolls around in fucking circles. Who greenlit this pile of shit? Oh god this is so awful.

I would love a game where the villain is basically a generic FPS protagonist, and you're a low-level nobody trying to not have to fight him.

How wrong they were.

The only way it could be more apt is if you gang-raped her after winning.

Jesus Christ.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see any changes to the bosses abilities. Also, is Samus tiny or something? In comparison to the mecha suit guys, she seems a little shorter, almost chibi like when next to them.

The mech guys I guess are regular dudes inside giant powersuits, it's hard to tell thanks to the perspective.

Just beat it. Fucking kill me.

Also

These two great fucking games lead up to this. I dont know guys.

meh, at least Nintendo had the sense to make it a low-key release after the demo got fucking horrible reception.

Maybe now they'll learn not to outsource their game development. If we're lucky they wont even let Treehouse have their games source code to fuck with and just have them translate from now on

To be fair, it ends with a sequel hook where the purple guy from Hunters hatches a Metroid egg. They might be making an actual game.

Did you rike it?

They had to make it low key, the demo was supposed to win people over and they still blew it. It's weird, I figured the Punch Out dev could make good games, but I guess making an FPS on a handheld is a huge challenge or something.

N O

Damn, the full game still sucked? I didn't care much for Blast Ball but that must say a lot. Didn't they say this was supposed to "re-energize" the 3DS, too?

We Are Dead
And This Is Hell

If I wasn't co-oping it I would've stopped after the first mission. It was slow and boring.

I think the writers might have had a shred of self-awareness about how bad the gameplay is.

I didn't have much faith in this thing but jesus I didn't think it would be THIS fucked

this is actually what i believe

Anybody got a QR code for the game I want to experience this disaster first hand.

The concept isn't that bad. It looks really fucking good, actually. The only legitimate complain is this but I don't expect a lot of difficulty with Nintendo.
I don't really know more about the setting of the game other than the video I just saw, but, at the very least, it should be a pretty cool co-op game.

So was all the initial anger over this game due to the shitty art direction?

Shitty art direction, it not being a metroid game, not playing as Samus. All of that would have been fine if this was just a side game in between good Meteroid games. However the last Metroid game was Other M which was complete garbage and actually retconned nearly half the series. Also it was 6 fucking years ago and there is no other Metroid game announced at the time.

Watch the damn video.

Strongly disagree. It is a Metroid Prime game in every aspect. You don't need to play with [Specific character] to make it from the game franchise. Is like saying that only because you don't play as a Belmont is not a Castlevania. The concept of playing with some disposable underdog is actually nice. The concept is basically Playing as an imperial guard.
I understand all your other points, tho, but by no means makes the game bad, or at least it doesn't look that way.

It's in the 3DS vola volafile.io/r/acH6c7

Are there puzzles, are you gaining new abilities and using them to further explore a large intricate level? Are you scanning enemies, tech, and ruins to learn about what has happened where you are? I'm not being a dick I'm literally asking last I heard is it's a simple mission based FPS I would love to hear that I'm wrong.

It is a slow linear co-op fps with Metroid slapped on top. It is not "Metroid Prime in every aspect". You're saying this after admitting that you haven't even played it, faggot.

There are incredibly simple puzzles, you don't get new abilities, there is virtually no exploration, and there are some terminals where you can occasionally read lore. But don't worry goy, there are on-rails turret sections and stealth sections!

That looks like that's the case. In any case, there you have to .cia so give it a try yourself. I insist that, regardless, is a nice spinoff, even if lacking for a Metroid game.

Bad choice of words
Slow in what sense, for what I saw on the video, itlooks slow as in progression.

You're not buying it, faggot

The movement speed. You walk very slowly.

Of course not, I already pirated it. :^)

When I first played Metriod Prime 2 and saw the federation solders in that game I thought it would be cool to play as one of those guys. Guess I was wrong.
I imagined Star Wars: Republic commando but with Metriod.

So it's not a Metroid Prime game in any aspect at all? Then what the hell was the other guy talking about is he one of those people who just thinks oh it's in first person too so it's just like Metroid Prime. It's a real shame Next Level can make good games yet this game was completely written off before it was even shown properly just because Nintendo higher ups thought it would be a good idea to slap the Metroid name on it. I don't know why they thought this did they not look at Splatoon new IPs out of Nintendo can do really well. However forcing games to fit into an existing IP just results in upsetting your fans.

Then it isn't a fucking Metroid Prime game. That is like saying Dragon Quest and Zelda are pretty much the same game because they have the same perspective. How could something be a good spinoff but lacking in what it is a spinoff of. Listen if you like the game that's fine nothing wrong with that. However you cannot say well it's a Metroid game it just doesn't have any of the aesthetics, gameplay, or tone.

Have you actually seen gameplay of Metroid Prime.

Prime 2 best in the trilogy

If those dimensional loading screens were twenty seconds shorter, sure.

Why would you have even bought it? In the hopes that the Metroid series sees some type of continuation? Because buying this one sends the wrong message if you ask me.

>Still urges readers to buy it anyhow in the hopes that a better Lunar game comes out in the future.

I actually have that hard case of the metroid prime trilogy on Wii.
Based on the video, and the video alone, it looks like a Metroid Prime game to me.
I actually think that the exploration on Prime was the worst part, mostly for the backtracking, that is usual in a Metroid game, but wasn't that good with the Prime serie

It's like those people who want people to buy the Mega Man collections in the hopes that Capcom "continues the series".

Except unlike Mega Man we don't need it anymore. And at this point with a modern Nintendo we won't need Metroid anymore, just fan remakes and successors.

Did you just draw this?

I know the 3DS is pirate friendly these days, I just don't have one. Also, not like he specified that he pirated the game or not (at least from what I'm seeing), and I'm not sure how soon after coming out that a 3DS game tends to get dumped.

I didn't________

I seriously doubt anyone on Holla Forums with a 3DS haven't CFW it by now. But you just made me realize that there might be some.

You have to be a real fucking retard to buy DS games right now. Although I'm planing on buying Sun or Moon

Who is credited with writing it/story concept?

Tanabe of Nintendo (of Japan) or Next Level?

Because someone would have approved of this cartoonish idea of fighting a giant sized Samus who turned in a Morph Ball.

Oh, well that's good then. How badly do you want that time wasted on it back?

I saw that posted in another thread over the weekend, so I'm think it's just a repost.

I'll concede that those loading screens were pretty bad, it made the key hunting in the end a lot more tedious than it should have been. Still the best besides that though.

I haven't done it yet because I'm fucking stupid and am worried that as a result, I'll fuck up my 3DS.I haven't bought any 3DS games since last year though, for what that's worth.

Reminder that a 2006 DS game had a better end boss than FF
youtube.com/watch?v=cQn6vT91Sqs
There is no excuse for FF last bosses to be worse than Gorea

I was going to say there's a difference between the DS and 3DS library, but between the DS having flash carts and various complete games being really fucking expensive these days due to Gamestop trashing cases and manuals, you're probably right there as well (unless you get lucky and find the occasional cheap complete DS game like I do).

You'd probably have to dig through the credits to be sure, but I'd wager someone at Next Level wrote it and either Tanabe or Carr approved it (not sure if that falls more in the producer or director's jurisdiction).

I did draw that a couple of days ago. I shamelessly posted it again like a faggot because I thought it was relevant to the thread.

That fine. Actually pretty good for an MSpaint doodle, or whatever you used.

That guy sucked. You're clearly meant to go into the mid level once it starts shooting the ground crawling bombs.

It was a typo. My keyboard is a little fucked up so 3 doesn't work all the time.

Do it right fucking now, fuck boy. The guide was recently updated and everything.

Although I don't have a problem with the new art, I don't get why they didn't go with classic Metroid Prime art. It even worked on the DS, why it wouldn't work on the damn 3DS?

They hate Samus that much?

The major thing that saddens me about this game's reception bombing is who's going to get the blame for it?

I think NoJ will fail to understand why no one wanted it, no main Metroid game in years and become incredibly hesitant of making spin offs (of any non-Mario/Zelda/Pokemon game) in the future. Oh we can't make a spin off, the fans will hate it like FF.

NLG could possibly lose their partnership with Nintendo and all be relegated to NST like duties (Hello endless MvDK hell). Losing NLG would completely suck as they seem to be one of Nintendo few western devs who actually understands online gaming (for Nintendo platforms).

With FF you could disconnect and still keep playing and only lose "mod" items you lost teammate found while the enemies scale down to the number of players (while Blast Ball replaces the disconnected player with an AI teammate). Heard this from reviews and from playing BB.

It's online co-op may not sound that great compared to other online games on competing hardware but consider that Nintendo EAD's own TLoZ Triforce Heroes online co-op session would END COMPLETELY if one of the 3 players disconnected compared to FF 2-4 online co-op.

Tanabe's definition of "Metroid Prime" was just a game set in FPS (and in the Metroid series). And since FF is a FPS in the Metroid universe (even though it's a spinoff), thus "Metroid Prime" being in the title.

The problem is that no else (the fans) have that same definition of "Metroid Prime".

Side dodge then

Game just sucks and the only good thing was the freedom skin (pic related)

Also 2nd pic happens when you finish the final mission.

I'm gonna buy Metroid Prime: Trilogy____ just to spite you!

Naming any game not featuring the Metroid Prime Metroid Prime was a mistake.

Underrated.

You defeat Samus, you don't kill her

SETTING. and GAMEPLAY. different things.

It's a MEtroid game if it's in the Metroid universe.
However, it may not be Metroid-like (in comparison to previous games)

I am not sure they could have delivered an even bigger "Fuck you" to the fans.

At least the post-credits scene seems to be alluding to….something

It is the current trend to take a beloved franchise and insult the fans.

Alluding to more rape, of course.

You play as Sakamoto/Adam?

It looks like Samus is dead again

Why is it so slow?
Did whoever put this video up slow it down for some reason or is the entire game like this?
I ask only because I feels like I'm on Valium when I'm watching this.
The Player Characters are slow and plodding.
The Boss is slow and plodding.
I swear Hunters wasn't this slow, so why make this so slow?
Did they think it would be more fun that way?
Can the 3DS not handle going too fast?
Are they just trying to pad the playtime by making everything slower?

Song?

The wordt part, for me, is that Nintendo already did a multiplayer metroidvania

Kirby is the only franchise left that Nintendo hasn't deliberately or incompetently screwed, partly because Sakurai/Hal Labs won't let them. But I'm fearful that they might now that the "business-oriented", yakuza president is in charge.

I don't know if any you here still use My Nintendo but they just has Samus 3DS Home Menu theme appear for 200 points in Japan/Europe. So maybe someone at Nintendo is listening?

Yes, the background music is horrible and is the same as the previous character themes Mario, DK, Link.

Sometimes I forget just how "flexable" the Kirby franchise is to adapt to different genres/visions for the series.

The latest Kirby game three or four fully fleshed out modes in it. All solid. pirate/10.

Man, Spacejin is such an amazing artist; I don't get his absolute infatuation with ballbusting (wish he'd try out a different fetish every once in a while.), but man oh man, his women are absolutely out of this world. It's always great to have an artist who will do something other than imitate the same anime style we've had since the late 2000s

I'd like to think it's a misguided attempt to appeal to Metroid fans rather than outright vindictiveness.

Nintendo are the fucking gods of ruined potential.

Well, since it's been confirmed multiple times that there's no 2d metroid or metroid prime in the works, it's meaningless. At the earliest, you'd get one christmas 2019 if they started working on it right now.

I looked up some of the social media profiles of the people at the studio making this game.
Half of them went full "FUCK METROID FANS, WHY AREN'T THEY JUST HAPPY WITH SHIT"
It was an intentional and immature way of lashing out.

This, that's why I think calling the next 3d first person metroid prime 4 is dumb.

WTF? how is something so fuzzy and have such low textures also have so many jaggies?

(Checked)
Reminder: this game is for retarded children not Metroid fans.

The mecha are about 15 feet tall while the miis are tiny.

Remember how that happened after prime 3?

Remember that sequel hook where we were promised prime 4 on the WiiU?

Seriously?

This is what this game feels like

So did this game flop or what?

I enjoyed that, user, my problem is that I had to do it in the same areas I did before with little to no change. Prime 2 at least changed the color of the scenery when I had to backtrack.

we won't have any sales numbers for a while

Yah, but Metroid didn't become a blind retard until this game happened.

other m was the blind and stupid dog
this is a different dog they replaced the original with and are telling you it's the real one to not hurt your feelings

Other M, nigga

Thanks for reminding me.
Fug.

I was so optimistic witnessing this screen. It really got me hyped for the next entry in the series. What the fuck happened?!

RETRO, COME BACK!

Are you serious? I actually want proof or screencaps, I'm too lazy to look. But how can they think a boss fight with you against the series protagonist, reduced to a ball that occasionally rolls, is what fans want or would be okay with? If the boss was cool maybe people wouldnt be that angry.

Now I don't know shit about the rest of the game yet, but judging a game entirely on it's second-to-last boss is retarded.

Isn't he shown again at the end of this game, hatching metroid eggs?

Before you accuse me of being the kind of faggot that hates it because "muh gimmicks," here's the thing. The mech fits in well with gameplay, and the "radical" tone shift is because, gee I dunno, they're INVADING and you would want the robots gone?

The problem is that Planet Robobot is just a terrible game.

This would work better if you chose Sakurai

Reggie is a liar.

pottery.

Its biggest sin is being privy to Amiibo garbage, but that's it. What the fuck are you talking about?