Humble bundle sells drmed exclusives

Why all fucking PC platforms are just becoming shittier?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/qpux4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

really?

Because the industry as a whole is becoming shittier.

You really don't know how to crack your own games? Did you like start playing videogames on a computer in 2004?

Post todds

y i b seein dis nigga in every thread nao?

smfh

I mean, they say as they give out back the money over the minimum as to be spent, but still prices are not equal. So it's not true fair price policy.

Guess what, if I wanted, I would pirate them, but I sometimes want to support the devs. But if in every way they try to shit on me, I am just fucking angry.

jews

ooga booga

ayyo fam what it do

is dat desura shiz ne good fam?

sheeeeeeit

Because any platform that doesn't involve "buy game CD, press Setup.exe" is shit, like this thread

just PC gaming. PC gaming is sort of the guinea pig for the rest of the industry. A lot of the shit stays there.

Let me guess. 2007-2009 started playing pc games around then?

They straight up removed it at one point because publishers demanded it. When people complained, they changed the policy to offer customers store credit if there is a regional price difference. I guess you could call that removing the policy but you have to admit that they are trying not to fuck their customers too hard.

That galaxy.dll stuff is straight up a violation of their privacy policy, though. It's not DRM but it is spyware garbage.

Because there are two kinds of people:
Those that buy games and will keep buying them no matter which platform its on, mainly because the games can be found cheap during sales.
And those that pirate games for a myriad of reasons and will keep pirating them no matter which platform they're on, mainly because it's convenient as fuck.

First category doesn't care about the platform, or anything really, as long as they can pay pennies for games.
Second category doesn't give a shit about anything.

I am linux gamer, and well, I never needed to crack my games, as I try to have them all DRM-free (galaxy.dll is not on linux, Steam has some DRM-free games, so I just use the steamcmd, sometimes humble bundle sells drm free).
But it is getting worse day by day.

honestly, i very rarely pirate games. i only pirate old as fuck ones. but i dont buy games that often either.

You're only noticing it on PC because PC gaming has gained a massive surge in popularity. Have we already forgotten how MS and Sony would have treated used games had there not been a massive backlash?

worst you get on consoles is a so-so subscription service that allows you to play games online and get some other features like cloud save management - the only noteworthy perk is getting games as free rentals while your sub remains, everything else I'd rather manage personally. many individual pc games have their own subscription fee just to play them, combined with deeply ingrained cash shops, bonus items for games that are completely unrelated to the original, it's a fucking mess.

I don't know what you're expecting from proprietary software.

I can play their games without a crack, so yes, it is DRM free

What the fuck happened to humble bundle. They used to have great bundles and it was all about DRM free games, like the Triumph and Larian bundle. Now it's nothing but mobile shit, indie shit, and just shit, and all DRM garbage, not to mention the retarded humble monthly thing.

Fuck, the only reason I care about humble anymore is because XSeed has their games drm free on it and I can't pay on gog because of cyprus.

I don't get it, true fair price is same price for every region, right? So removing it means different prices for different regions, why would people complain about that? And yes, I'm from a shithole

Selling AAA shit in bundles is not my idea of "humble" and they've been doing it for ages.
sage for doublepost

They used to have good bundles with good games, non AAA. A lot of the time it's AAA shit but you can't even get the good bundles any more.

dat n dey usta incentivize niggas to buy da shit early better by droppin mad games in at da end for higher than the average. now dey tier dat shit up holmes

Well, for me everything would be even OK if they have stuck to their principles
DRM-Free (let's sell game Steam only)
Multi-platform (newest bundle)
Helps charity (OK, this they didn't fuck up)
Pay What You Want (fixed limit games)

This is pretty bullshit now too, with the retarded fucking unlock tiers for everything.

Because they are companies, and companies tend to get shittier and shittier the more they get away with. And at some point they either fucked up just enough that they notice the backlash and become a bit better, or are too far gone and will hopefully die out some day.

Nearly all of these companies start the same, they are made by a bunch of people really into the market they are in, they want to do the best thing possible, the right thing, and they succeed. And sooner or later some suits get in on the business to "help" them. Like "expanding" and taking care of some financial shit. And then they start pushing a bit for this and that and soon enough the company that was made out of love for the hobby becomes another faceless corporation. Not to say that all middle/upper management are evil, just like not all muslims are terrorists.

Because it's not always cheaper for shitholes. Plus people make a profit buying keys in the cheapest countries and selling them to people in more expensive countries. It's a retarded business practice.

GOG proudly proclaimed that they'd never use it, and they didn't for a couple years, until CDPR demanded regional pricing for The Witcher 2 or they'd walk.
archive.is/qpux4
They walked it back when people rightfully complained. GOG now compromises by offering store credit for the difference. It's an improvement but still not okay.

Cracking games barely qualifies as 1337haxor.
Fucking everyone does it because drm only really stops pirate who copy shit frim one computer to another and go "durr why not work???"

whats that?

+

Then buy the games so they get your money and then pirate them so you get them without DRM, faglord.

Because gamers will swallow all the shit the industry serves them. It's only natural to become shittier. People don't pirate enough and they spend too much money, so everybody is trying to milk consumers until they start bleeding from their udders.

The real Shin would be naked with just a cape on his back

Never support developers that shit on you with anti customer treatment. You don't support developers who have day 1 dlc, you don't support developers who have season passes, you don't support developers who use DRM. They deserve to go bankrupt.

spurdo shin fam gotta stay dressed 2 impress nycka

sage for oti

You realize as a pirate your opinion means literally nothing to the industry right?
Even if you convinced everyone ever to pirate some triple a game, they'd just never make a game like that again.
Are you like fourteen years old?

THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT, RETARD

holy fucking shit you double nigger

i hope you're trolling, because you form your arguments like you have a brain damage

the point is to not give them any money so they would stop making shit games like said

Kill yourself faggot

Free software steam command line tool for downloading packages. Only way to get DRMfree games from steam without acctualy installing steam.

They're not. You're just too young to remember shit like starforce.

I wish summer would end.

I can shitpost too faggot, the point is, complaining about DRM in it's current iteration is fucking retarded and only shows that you're a fucking millennial.

Explain how DRM was ever a good thing that has been beneficial to humanity or video games. DRM has no redeeming iota of value.

user pls.

Oh, it's just a shill. That was anticlimactic.

Good talk retard.

No one believes you when you start defending DRM, kike.

drm is not protection. plenty of drm have been cracked just after, or even before the game is released. even devuvo has been mostly cracked by now. drm is nothing but blinding hatered for the consumer.

Really niggah, is that what you really believe?

Oy vey, the goyim know!

remember the rootkit sony had on CDs? remember the drm that formatted a pirates hard drive that effected innocents?

How many years ago was that? How many laws were put in place to prevent such things from happening again?

You don't know? How fucking young are you :^)

Starforce was in minority of games.

Enjoy not owning your games.

that's how it feels as a consumer, i just want to play the game i bought 6-7 years ago without having to install cracks.

this is why

I bet she could kill everyone around her with those flowers, and it makes my boner stronger.

You don't own them either idiot. It's always those that shout the most that are generally the most uneducated about the subject.

They should just run from disc.

It's not faggot.

Hold up there chaim, just because you try your hardest to take away ownership doesn't mean I don't own the drive of pirates games I have. Try taking them from me.

You seem to misunderstand me, this is how Franchises die.
It's not how you encourage companies to have their devs make more enjoyable games.
It just kills a series of games, not the issues with the gameplay.

Good, that's the whole point, you triple nigger.

i prefer having packed or unpacked game files i can just run on any computer. it's a lot easier to store games on a raid1 than it is to have shelves of boxes and discs.

Look I'm not sure if you understand my point. but nuking a company because of a service issue is a terrible idea

have a rare todd

That's exactly the goal, and I hope it happens.

so when n y is it appropriate to not reward a company by buyin dey products nycka? you soun dum af muh nycka dam. if it ain't good don't fukn buy da shit. to go a step further, in this day n age if they don't give u a decent demo to play no strings attached dat shit is un fuckin forgivable nigga.

tell mee fam when it appropriate to actually not buy a shit game family plz

More franchises and more companies means more competition to provide a superior product. killing off companies just makes it easier for other companies to get away with poor service by reducing alternatives, just look at EA and Konami. the resident company munchers.

Yeah so much superior product we've got nowadays right?

you're complaining about something which is essentially a natural consequence of the free market.

People aren't "killing" a company/franchise directly or intentionally, they just don't buy a shitty product. If a company makes multiple shitty products, people will not buy them, and their company and the franchise will die.

Not even that, the whole point of the shill is to build favorable narrative for big companies under the disguise of free market when no sane person actually believes in it anymore.

I like how you imply that I'm shilling, even though I didn't suggest you should buy bad games.

Capitalism is what let gog operate in the first place, and it's that same capitalism that's running it into the ground
It happens because if the market wills it, so shall it be

You should re-read his post. He did no such thing, illiterate fucktard.

Okay Squatcho.

GOG is DRM free always.

no mans sky has a DLL file called galaxy.dll. when the game is run the DLL will phone home to GOG servers with the ip and name of the computer that ran it. the game can still be run offline and its poorly coded so the game can be run without the DLL, it just says it needs it. galaxy.DLL is in TW3 too.

No, the game can be played in offline mode without it
You can't connect to their servers with a pirated gog version

Blame the mustard race meme. Now every chud and their dog showed up, so it was only a matter of time.

That is analytics, not DRM. If it doesn't restrict running rights for the content, how would it be DRM?

you know people will buy it

galaxy is their steam service shit, has nothing to do with no man sky

i think

no, im saying that you can play it without an internet connection.

You can play tons of bought steam games without an internet connection, that doesn't make them DRM free

im saying that galaxy.DLL will not stop you from playing the game without an internet connection, just that it phones home when you play it with internet.

Then why the fuck did you explain that as a reply to "GOG is DRM free always", when the game clearly has DRM?

Because that's an analytics check and not drm? Analytics isn't drm stupid.

If all it does is send your info to the GOG servers, then why does it prevent you from accessing the NMS servers?

Because it needs to load your client data from the server?

If a franchise reaches that point then nothing would change it for the better. If it does well despite being a crock of shit, publishers will think it's because of the awful changes they came up with. If it doesn't they think it's because the franchise itself doesn't interest the masses.
Unless they realize they fucked up and give it another try, it's dead either way.

Same here, but I guess at that point, it's just emulation. The only games I buy are games from around 2000 to 2007, mainly cause I'm stupidly lazy to pirate them, and they're cheap as it is anyways.

I buy games if the devs are independent and actually still own the game. If its a big business the devs are paid by the publisher, so buying the game just funnels money into the pockets of a bunch of suits. If the game is old and isn't actually owned by the people who made it why the fuck would I pay for it?

Or in short:

It hurts

I hate regional pricing, no I don't care about third worlders. Not my fault your currency is shit.

In the name of Kane.