Terraria Thread Sand Edition

1.3.3 is only a few weeks away.
Have you begun collecting sand in order to make your whole world a desert yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/NyxStudios/TShock/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

serber when?

I want better early game. Anything from the start to hell needs more content and reblanacing and variety.

It's all the same. I make a lot of characters and it's boring. Tungsten vs iron is not interesting. Make ice or early jungle more interesting. Everyone skips meteor. Everyone dives deep the get gold or silver and kill bosses first night.

I want to take my time and enjoy it but there's no early incentives everything is about hard mode and late game

This is precisely why I wish they would add more seasonal events like Halloween and Christmas. Make a new character and world and play between Oct 20 to Nov 10 or Dec 15 to 31, early game feels better then than during the rest of the year.

That's actually really fucking cool, I'd love to play MP with people but no-one does hardcore runs of Terarria, not that I blame them.

And most people that play games today don't seem to have any sort of patience or desire to work towards something long term

See, I really want to play a block-based exploration game sort of like a mix between Minecraft and Terraria and Morrowind, maybe. You'd have all sorts of seasons and weather effects that determine plants, monsters, regions, and such, and everything would just feel really new.

Picking mega project was a mistake

That sounds like a really good idea for a game. I'd play it. Sort of a Terraria but with a great hobo stage.

serb?

You've got a good start, don't give up now.
Try to build the frame first then fill in.
For inspiration…

nice. i specially like how you gave depth to the gates

Fug, I don't have steam anymore. I'll have to get another copy somehow.

I'm working on a terraria/starbound -like game where you have seasons and shit, and the plant/animal spawns change depending on the atmosphere. Different planets also have different kinds of overall temperatures and molecules in the atmosphere, and it affects what kinda things can live in it. For example normal flowers require a warm temperature and carbon dioxide in the air, normal animals (and you) require oxygen in the air.

Stay tuned, coming soon to computers near you in several decades.

My game fucking lags all the time. I have a really good PC so this shouldn't be happening. What do?

God damn this game has some shithouse graphics, when's the fucking sequel?

Man, you shoulda seen the graphics when this game first came out.
But we both know you don't know shit about video games, don't we, Mike?

haha, shit sorry, wrong thread.

ok freech.

I was posting in >>>Holla Forums6123838 and thought I was still there.

I brought this when it first came out and I played the leak a few weeks before release when the dev lost their shit and said they may not release it, those sprites were blatantly Finaru Fantasy and sheeit, I even remember the zombie sprites being the same for a while.

Sounds like you got rekt so hard you ended up on a different board.

Ah, yes, I can see how you would get Holla Forums and Holla Forums confused.

I was actually posting pro-Holla Forums content so the edgy anons would reply and fill my anti-Holla Forums folder

snek

Quit being a lazy nigger and finish it you quadra-kilo-kike.

So what is the deal with that halo thing on the back?

muh pronouns.

The fuck you on about now?

I am acknowledging my shitpost being ironic, therefore it still is shitposting, but what is it if I post this in all seriousness, acknowledging the shitpost as being ironic? Is it still a shitpost then, or something more advanced than an ironic shitpost? Is it the next evolution of shitposting beyond our comprehension? Does it reach the fourth dimension and enter the basic levels of nigger intelligence?

It's just shitposting, filter it and move on fam

What's the point if you can't even make Nurse wear it?

i Can host the server again!
anyone got a map they want to play on?
otherwise I'll just generate a new one…

Will it be an endgame fucking-around serb, or are you going to be a faggot and make it new characters only?

It's part of what people have been calling the Anubis set. Nobody knows what it does yet.

Well there is a nurse vanity set so you should be able to combine it.

depends on what people want i guess.
Idealy there will be people on to play.

From what I can tell the best Terraria servers are build servers. They have the most longevity it seems. Although those do better just after new content has been released.

Ok then…
server is up and running now.
here is ip
67.183.118.190:7777
make shure to bump the thread till we get a goodly sized bunch of anons on the server.

Do you want your serb to get griefed, m8?

has tshock updated to the most recent update?

It has, lad.
github.com/NyxStudios/TShock/releases

thx fam. will customize the shit for us.

Same. I started an expert world a few weeks ago, and got a base RIGHT NEXT to giant trees. I was gonna do cool shit with it.

I guess I'll try to kill of Moon Lord in my normal world, then re-start my large world.

ok we got two mods and a fucked up dungeion.
we should be good now LOL.

Thanks man.
Too bad my shaman kept running out the house to be killed by Derplings.

Anyone on

I got what you need, fam

joining terraria

Personally I would have gone with something other than smooth marble for the honey tank (probably hive blocks) but that's a nice build regardless.

10/10

How the fuck did you lay un-processed Mahogany down?

There's a wood and leaf wand for mahogany found in jungle chest in living mahogany trees in the UG jungle.
I wish there was living variants for all the different types of wood. Living Spooky wood would be awesome.

Don't die, Terraria thread

you dont need that much sand to convert an area to a desert biome

i believe those saplings wont grow if you lay background behind them, it may be different these days though

ok I changed the map to a new one and renamed the server but my text is black instead of white.

That's correct. I think fences are allowed but regular walls will definitely block trees. They only need one tile of open space right where the sapling is though. Walls higher up or to the sides wouldn't get in the way.

In the "living tree fort"?

Server is currently undergoing maintenance or something.

yes

Yeah. That one. The gray walls between the trees.

No but you need a goodly amount to make the desert comfy.
When 1.3.3 drops I'm going to transform my whole surface into a desert, I just can't decide whether I should make a small world or a medium world.

server back up.

sounds like a hell of a lot of work

Only if you take the environmentally friendly route and use the sandgun to create the sand ex-nihilo (which I've done). If you just make a couple of resource worlds and strip mine the oceans and deserts it's a reasonably simple procedure. Hardmode blood moons are a hell of a thing for desert villages though with mummies popping in uninvited.

go the invisible doors route and just have actuated walls with player only pressure plates to open/close them on both sides

the ultimate in housing safety that prevents break-ins from blood moon zombies and other door opening/breaking filth

Oh yeah I know. I just had an open "show village" design for my base and also it was back in 1.2 when npcs couldn't defend themselves.

My house isn't very good. I've just been trying to get everything consolidated, then I'm going to work on actual aesthetics.

please don't die

Do any of you have advice for someone looking to go full autism? I've tried making massive creations before, but I always get bored before much work gets done. How do I keep having fun? Or am I just supposed to work through the boring part to get to the fun part?

If you don't enjoy the construction then you shouldn't be constructing

As soon as I join a terraria server I start building airships. Airships make me really fucking randy.

I enjoy some parts of construction, and I love the decorating that comes after the construction. It's once I have the design in mind, and have finished the basic foundation, when I reach the point of just mindlessly placing blocks down to fill in the block-walls and make stairways and other stuff like that. The architecture accessories make it faster now, but it's still fairly slow work on anything especially large.

Are you balloon user?

So is the server still up right now? And are we strictly building or is anyone doing any adventuring?

I'm really gonna want to do some adventuring once 1.3.3 drops.

I played an expert mode world as soon as the update for it came out and I've been through a bunch of expert mode progressions from the beginning up to moonlord since then. Now, normal mode just feels like a pale shadow. the bosses are no challenge, the enemies drop fuckall items and cash, and you don't have a sixth accessory slot.

pic related, it's my house which i'm building in my normal mode world, goddamnit

Threadly post where I get inspired to make my own Terraria clone and give up on the idea 10 minutes later

What are Terraria's biggest shortcomings? Where are the weakest points in the game?

The enemy attacks. So many of them just run/fly into you and do contact damage. There are no attacks with tells that you can dodge or block.

I also like the early game a lot, when there's areas like the dungeon to conquer and loot, and it takes an hour or more to explore the whole thing. Finding shadow chests in the underworld, or sky island houses, is a similar kind of fun. In the latter half of the game this is mostly replaced with grinding enemies and this is another weak point. The jungle temple doesn't really count, you have great mobility by the time you get to it, it's tiny, the chest loot can be skipped, and so you can explore the whole thing in 10 minutes.

Another thing is that procedurally generated worlds are cool and all, but sometimes you look at pics of a well-designed adventure map or a really nice build and think 'damn, no auto-worldgen could do this'.

Has the console version UI + Controller support been brought to pc? Maybe a mod for it? It's so much easier to navigate and comfy to use that I can't play without it now.

its 2d. make 3d terria :)

There is controller support as of 1.3.1.

Does it use the console UI? Either way that's great news for me.

Im building a moonman atm

seeing all these neat buildings makes me realize how uncreative I am
even when I'm trying to be creative

Well I guess I know what set I'm gonna wear all fucking day.

Yeah, I remember on my first ever game I wanted to build a living tree all the way up to the cloud islands.

That was given up on way too quickly.

Start with stencils then. Find a blueprint and remake it. Then change it and make it your own. Eventually you will get your own ideas and wont need blueprints.

lucky fuck

I tried to make SOTN Dracula's Castle, but I lost interest after that.

No painting :(

Here is my utter shit MoonMan v1. Need to figure out a better wall type

This was my old attempt at a tree to the heavens. Maybe I should just fuck it and keep going, but god harvesting wood got boring.

White gemspark.

Looks pretty chill

At least I still have some screenshots and the rest of my worlds.

tiny glasses

Maybe an ayy lmao head on the other side

Damn that would make the Na'vi jealous.

Also, if you want to harvest wood quickly make a DCU, a new world, and just go around taking wood. Living wood works with any kind of wood, so it doesn't matter. In one world you should hat like 10 or even more stacks of wood.
If you don't like that just get the Builder's Workshop

When can I play this game's final version and when will the next game be?

Map of my current favorite world.

Open wide The game constantly updates, latest version being 1.3.2.1
>>>/fs/7419

O ant an opinion from you, anons. I finished my third floating garden and I'm planing to link them by chains like the third pic to my tower. But I have a doubt, should I link them directly to the tower or make something in the middle and then to the tower? I'm Thinking about an station with Martian furniture or something like Sauron's eye, since it's the top of the tower.

Something else, Since there are floating gardens and they have different thematic, I don't know what should I use for the third one, I was thinking about a Pumpkin farm with a Pumpkin house, something like that..

Finally,I need help with that empty room in the red circle.

I'm actually making one, but I think you're approaching it from the wrong angle. You could do a lot of interesting things with this kind of game, and you should be asking what those things are, not how to "improve" terraria.

From the thumbnail i thought it was some kind of racing game with a hang glider attached to a car that was flying towards 3 distant sky islands

what was seen

this

I can't into architecture.
Anyone have some neat looking homes to take inspiration from?

?

The post ate my pics, for some reason.

no, I prefer Final fantasy style wooden ships with propellers jutting up from the deck and rear of the ship.

Sorry for the autism.

I really like this house on 3-rd pick. Even tropical rain fit for stile.

My old(lost) projects.

if you can't of something interesting to make just do whatever and make it work till you get a feeling for what you want to make

if you make something interesting but feel like you could do better but don't know how look up the guides and other peoples works for help, then try to make something bigger then what you did before

don't just jump into a mega project unless you have everything planned out on paper

the second house kindof looks like one of those seashells… forget what they where called.

71.47.15.247:7777
Any of you lads mind connecting to test this out? I need to know if I can actually host a serb without my router trying to kick my teeth in even after port forwarding it.

Oh, and let me know if you can't connect so I don't have to wait for nothing.

Hope this all helps.

Demolition Man.

There's also this.

It's supposed to be some kind of japanese boat house or something.

Anyone else using N terraria?

Like this one?

i've seen some shit

Terraria is still trash, I don't know why Holla Forums doesn't hate it as much as Trashbound it's just as fucking bad.

Terraria isn't about mining, it's about exploring.
When you mine you don't actually mine, you try to find caves and tunnels to explore.

The game progress should progress like this:

From this point on you simply prepare yourself for WoF, the rest it's fairly straight forward.
This list is what a newbie should do, usually I simply gather enough metal for a decent broadsword and then farm jungle armor and jungle items, so I can do whatever after but unlike you I don't suck at vidya.

Wow.

I'd probably be frustrated too, if I were playing the game as poorly as you.

It's the best feeling.

How many bricks did you get?

Play with friends or with us user, that alone gave me hundreds of hours of enjoyment.

Every kind of tree + cactus and pumpkin can be used to make armor and all of those except pumpkin can also be used to make weapons and tools. For just 8 wood and an investment in a net you can get as much ore and more without ever so much as laying a pick in the ground. In fact it surprisingly easy to cheese your way up to awesome equipment in Terraria.

Also this

Git gud