People are quickly losing interest in Pokémon Go

Share on Facebook Tweet Share (4) Pin (1)
Pokémon Go is unquestionably this season's hit game. But whether it has any staying power is a very open question, and early signs suggest it's already trailing off.

please use archive.is/2016/08/as-pessoas-estao-perdendo-o-interesse-em-pokemon-go.html

not surprising because it was a fad.

I'm glad the filter is working. Good job for once, Mark, you dirty kike.

OP you are a faggot and no shit this was going to happen because it's a shit game where you can barely do a lot of shit and unless it updates with new features (and it probably will with all the money it makes) then people are just going to move onto the next FOTM

That's not a very steep graph.

Normalfags have the attention span of a pigeon. this was expected.

sage

fads die out? wow!

Good

What a shame.
The population of idiots still needs to be thinned out

Pokemon GO has done more damage to the franchise than any of you could imagine. Sun & Moon will be utter shit, don't be surprised if we get a genwunner normalfag pandering new game too.

I got banned for botting, so I don't care about the game anymore tbh

Isn't that how game sales normally work?
There's the initial hype then people leave as they're no longer interested because they aren't getting jerked off every other second by the app.

Surprisingly, for a broken as fuck game, the curve isn't steep enough to suggest that people are quickly losing interest.

Do you mean Pokemon X and Y?
They were pretty much furiously jerking off Gen 1 for what little money they can get out of it.

Every game had older generation pandering.

They sell to the new kids with merchandise and cartoons, and to the old fans with tournaments and older generation stuff.

They are already pandering to genwunners with the subspecies thing they're doing.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

He's lost control over his life user

It's a slower decline than No Mans Sky, or every AAA game released in the last few years.

I lost control of my life

Kids, please hear me out: never be a superficial normalfag
Just don't be

I'ld have to look and see more other games for comparison.. but still holding onto 3/4ths of a peak that gargantuan seems pretty fucking good.

pic related, fallout 4's first couple months for steam online users.

ayyyo iktaf monica

nice digits fam

It was a fad and they had a massban that hit a number of non-cheater who just got flagged due commutes and shit with no room for appeals and not even ban notifications, that is most definitely is killing the staying power.

No shit when the servers barely work and gmail login is shady as shit.

They can't stay at the same level, it's impossible for no one to leave but they have the whole market so they can't possibly get any new users.

upon some further review, the premise for this article is indeed rubbish. perspective is useful.

It's barely a game. I remember someone asking me and my sister were "Pokémon Catchers" too, when we were on a walk in the park. She immediately says yeah, but I couldn't help but notice he said "catcher" instead of "trainer". And that's the biggest problem with this game. All you do is catch an endless amount of Pokémon. There is no training. There is pretty much nothing else. It's a completely mindless, repetitive waste of time that has less than zero depth.

WHAT?
FADS DIE OUT?

These are pay per unit pieces of software. The model is built on releasing a new one every year so, and their success/shelf life is defined not by how many people are still playing/talking about each individual release three or four months after it hits the store, but by how many more or less each progressive reiteration sells. In fact, you could say it is more beneficial that people stop playing the current release before the next one. Otherwise; why would they buy it?
Compare this to pokemon go, which is one single piece of free software whose life and death revolves entirely around keeping up with the dwindling attention span of the proletarians.

TL;DR Grand Theft Auto and Fallout both expect and want their userbase to dwindle over the space of a few months to create a vacuum for the next release to fill. Pokemon Go does not want this.

Maybe if this were 10 years ago.

and would the division be acceptable for one that's intended for a longer milking process?
though i've just now learned that this shit cost $60… and is still going for $60

Most jewish thing I've seen all week. Thanks, user.

Normal vidya surley does.
Most companies are only interested in the first couple weeks to get the most out of the potential customers.

With mobile shit they hope to get a more steady income from idiots that keep on playing it for months and always drop a couple cents here and a couple cents there.
Of course with the potential to get a couple whales into it too that spend loads of money in it over a longer period of time.

numale sky still made mad dosh and is getting away with this.
There is no justice.

No shit

Well duh. It's not a very deep game, is it? Would you be able to play a regular pokemon game with only the mechanics of Pokemon Go for very long? The GPS gimmick only holds novelty for so long, and tons of people really had already gotten tired of it by the time Go launched, thanks to that shit Google GPS game.

I wouldn't know. I didn't follow it very closely, but if the developer has already made 60 dollars as soon as you start playing, they don't have to care as much about player retention as F2P game devs do.

It's pocket change to tide them over between releases. I can see that they're not just making money off of the yearly release. But that's what they build their platform around. The proof (that they literally do not care about player retention) is in how mediocre the games are.
The part I like the most is how you can buy the season pass AND all the constituent DLC.

Interesting

I don't know that the monetization model matters in that regard.

It's just a beta

If they had added deeper character customization and trading it would have never left the top dog spot of mobile game popularity.

Damn really? I wonder what happened, i mean it's litterally the perfect game.

Battleborn next please

I want millennials to leave their opinions in the trash.

They're only better because they had more thought and effort put into their design.

New pokemon is much more streamlined and simple.

WE NEED CASUALS TO MOVE TO FUCKING CELLPHONE GAMING SO CONSOLES CAN DIE

HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND

casuals being casuals.
what a surprise

Faggot OP caught in the filter

Kill yourself

That drop-off is no where near as drastic as it should be given how broken the game is and how utterly inept Niantic are. There are carbon copies already available which actually have less fucking bugs than Pokemon Go itself.

Frankly I'm surprised it hasn't dropped off at 2-3x the rate it currently is.

I'm playing GO with my kid right now. It's just a (free) treasure hunt app, no need to sperg so much about it.

Except for the pokestop locations. There should be a daily login bonus of 50 pokeballs to keep you up, even if you can't walk to town.

Brand recognition.

It's 2016, you're supposed to say "the 1%".

I'm aware of the brand recognition and how that's the only thing keeping it afloat, still even I expected it to die off faster than this.

It was a meme in the first place. It'll last a couple more years and then die off quietly

This. Bonus points for the fact that pretty much anyone that had any interest in it could get it immediately after it came out, and fact that there's been so many technical issues and controversies surrounding it.

millenials born in the mid-late 90's are gen 1 hipsters who like to think they're superior because they "grew up with the original 151" when in reality they were still in diapers when Gen1 was around and they grew up more with gen 2-3 and are thinking more of the TV show.

You mean an app that exploded in popularity suddenly got a decline in users because some decided it wasn't for them? No…

Only time will tell of its staying power, but looking at the results JUST AFTER the boom is pointless since there will inevitably be a drop. Its like bouncing a ball and expecting it never to come down. I mean personally, I don't expect it to have much staying power, but still.

Never change, Holla Forums.

The proles are the wage-earners, not the bankers. I highly doubt George Soros plays Pokemon Go.

Look at what skyrim aims to do. Look at who it's marketing to, and the things that came before it.
Compare it to what phone games are aiming to do, the things that came before it, and the demographic it's aimed at. Skyrim is a textbook RPG, it brought nothing new to the table, it's unstable, and it was ludicrously mediocre. The same can be said of Fallout, the same can be said of Battlefield, the same can be said of most AAA pay per unit games.
Compare it to the token phone game, clash of clans, it's incredibly shallow and boring, however it does very well what it tries to do, which is a massively multiplayer, asynchronous (I don't know what else to call it, but that you can 'play' it in that you can progress in game while working and giving it a minute of attention every other hour) mobile game. There aren't a lot of bugs and it's reasonably stable, not nearly as many as skyrim, the game's mechanics are well thought out and presented, the game is good, it does well the thing it's trying to do.

They do maintain a far higher standard of quality than AAA pay per unit games.