Oldschool console war

The Nintendo64, or Pretendo69 as I like to call it, is in every way inferior to the PS1
Go play your kids games while I enjoy actual masterpieces

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GameCube-exclusive_titles
ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Guys i am from future. Don't listen to sonyfags. In the 21 century they will only watch movies, won't play video games, and will have to monthly pay $5 for it.
/thread

POST YFW PHONY GAYSTATION CAN'T PLAY CPS2 GAMES

SATURN MASTER RACE

this is dumb

Faggot, you'll never play Snatcher.

Enjoy your still images while I enjoy my
FULL MOTION VIDEO

There's an enhanced port of Snatcher for the PS/SS

does it have a translation for filthy gaijins

Sadly no, i guess that someone could rip the text files from the Sega CD tho.

In hindsight, the PS1 led to the "gaming is cool" trend and brought in a bunch of dude-bros and people who should otherwise have stayed the fuck away.

kek

What's the point in having an old console war?
when sony already won

I can't believe that nintendo can't make a good single controller, ok the super nes controller, is alright, it doesn't have 6 buttons and a good d-pad like the sega's additional variant of the mega drive controllers. but holy fucking retard on a stick, did you see the n64 controller, It has three fucking handlebars, they weren't joking around about making a game for literal kids, but that's not the problem, IT DOESN'T NEED THE THREE HANDLEBARS, some third party japanese company called hori fucking fixed this problem, by making an actually good CONTROLLER, TWO HANDLEBARS BUT STILL TWICE AS FUNCTIONAL and then the gamecube controller, what a fucking step backwards, how fucking stupid is fucking everything, the dpad is fucking garbage, it DOES NOT click, it fucking stabs with these small dimples because some retard needed some blind person to play shitty nintendo VIDEOGAMES!! and the shoulder buttons are complete ASS, WHY IN THE ACTUAL FUCK IT TAKES A BILLION YEARS TO CLICK IN, W H Y ? ? ?
Then every stupid controller had to be wireless, the only good wireless controller they made was the Classic Wii Controller, not the pro edition with even worse handles, because it mixed both the snes design of buttons and dpad and fixing the same fucking stupid shoulder buttons to click in extremely quick and having the octagonal sticks, BUT IT'S WIRELESS AND HAS STUPID OTHER SHOULDER BUTTONS THAT ARE FUCKING MICROSCOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nintendo can't do a single fucking thing right, I wish they stopped CHOKING DICK.

The dualshock 2 and 4 are fucking perfect for a four button pad, but nothing beats the mega drive 6button variant pads, because sega does what nintendont

In all seriousness, what did the N64 actually have above the PS1 safe for some exclusive titles and faster/non-existent loading times.

The fact that they favored the cartridge system instead of disks was absurd, and I say this as someone who grew up with the N64.

Games had a slightly higher poly count, modtly shitty Midway third part games like Sanf Francisco Rush.

It's a pretty shit port actually. It's more censored than the Sega CD version and the music sounds worse.

Guys you need to invest into handlers they will become the next big thing

The higher poly count means fuck all when games were blurred shit thanks to the antialiasing in the system.

You can disable that now you know. But either way, i take the CD quality audio and FMV of the PS over the shitty midi music of the n64 any day.

Hi

I hope those point and clicks aren't going to get old too fast fag

Enjoy your doom clones

Lol

Aoh OP che stai pretendendo69 AOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

how did you know I was italian

What the fuck is a PS1?

get out

You disgust me, smelly barbarian.

Whats a Gamecube user?

psx is the era appropriate term

no just playstation is

not for an abbreviation it isn't.

I used to listen to that intro song all the time.

You ought to be buried in the same mass grave that Seth Rogan and his ilk will lay in.

I still do
I also cry while doing it sometimes

Reminder that NES is for FUCKING CASUALS and patricians started with Arcade and PC

I cry while doing everything.

Anyway, you guys are all mesmerized by flashy graphics and the games you like are all stupid.

It says console wars in the OP, where's the veil dipshit?

Enjoy your single screen adventure games and RPGs that require a guide to even be playable

Does it work with a lightgun?

Enjoy jumping over the same two scorpions and pretending you're having fun.

At least the Playstation had a unified worldwide name.
I always see these threads with old consoles I don't know, because they were sold under weird names overseas.

No wonder why videogames are so casual nowadays

N64 pad is a decent controller and better than gamecube/dualshock/xbox pad. Deal with it.

Not to mention they didn't try to kike it's users by adding physcial dlc to their GBA games under the guise of a trading card game.

They had Rareware, who basically developed the machine to begin with (its modified Killer Instinct hardware) and made all notable titles on it outside of SM64 and OOT. It was basically the Rareware64.

They might have made it but they were clearly not calling the shots.

I started with Metal Slug on an SnK arcade machine.

Hey, my secondary gaming machine

Isn't that the turbo-shit redesign of the PSX?
Well, it did have that swanky LCD screen add-on, which basically made it a portable with external controllers and no way to power it without plugging it into a wall.

Plus it made it look like a squat Japanese toilet.
Happy poopy time!

That was a third party manufacturer you stupid nigger. The PSone looked like this.

Why is Holla Forums filled with so many dumb niggers?

The fuck is this piece of shit.

That's the one I've seen before. Never owned this version though.

when you look at the numbers alone, you could see how Sega could have stolen the second place spot in the 90s. The Saturn had about 700 games developed for it, while the N64 had about 400. The N64 had very few Japanese exclusive games, but the Saturn had hundreds that were. If the support was there, it could have blown the competition away with shelf space and selection.

Is this controversial?

Even the Japanese didn't care for the N64.

The only place were the N64 sold well was in North America. And that was because of Nintendo of America's marketing campaign. It tanked everywhere else.

The N64 was the beginning of the end for Nintendo home consoles.

Oh and the N64 had the worst launch ever. One game.

Really disappointed that GC is so bad. A lot of good games on it.

2 games.

there's about 30 or so gamecube games.

Yes you're right I stand corrected.

Anyone ever play pilot wings? Was it good? Never heard about it myself.

Around 80 exclusives alone.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GameCube-exclusive_titles

Yeah, but at least it was a good game. What did the PS2 have at launch?

Fantavision? Summoner? A handful of Dreamcast ports?

There's a reason why the attach rate for DVDs to PS2 games was like 8:1 for the PS2 at launch. It was a cheap DVD player, with the promise of being a game player later. Except it wasn't even cheap, because Sony fucked up the chip fabrication which ended up slowing production and causing scalped systems to sell for obscene amounts online.

like 30 games worth actually playing on the system tho.

Cut the fanboy wars man both systems had their own strengths and weaknesses. The N64 has some of the highest rated games of all time. The PS1 has the most memorable gems. The PS1 has more games in general, the N64 has the superior hardware. The PS1 greatly outsold the N64.

I think the N64 suffered from the same problem that later plagues the PS3. It was too difficult to program for and too expensive for the average consumer (if the price of the console itself didn't get you, the price of carts compared to PS1 discs did) I think if Nintendo was smarter with their marketing it would've fared much better than it did but I don't think, sales wise, it stood a chance against the PS1.

That chart is outdated and terribly misleading. The WiiU already outsold the N64 too I think

the ps2 had ssx, midnight club, smuggler's run, time splitters, unreal tournament, doa 2 hardcore, tekken tag tournament and streetfighter ex3, which I could all see having strong western appeal.

the add on screen was first party.

Which is why the lid says Sony, and not Hori or MadCatz or some shit.

Dunno what the phone shit was all about in pic related.

Untrue. N64 games had a lower poly count on average. The N64 had other strengths that gave it a visual "edge" over the PS1, and that was mostly anti-aliasing. The N64 could only push like 1/4th the polygons the PS1 could, but the PS1 had texture warp and jaggies.

Conversely though texture warp and jaggies aren't has big a problem as the N64's low resolution textures due to their obscenely small storage space. 90% of the N64's library uses solid color polygons for most of the characters instead of textures because they didn't have the space to store the texture, and then for the landscape it's low resolution textures scaled up in a blurry mess. There isn't a lot of texture variation either, and as a result every N64 game has a bland cartoony look. The PS1 however with higher resolution textures (and many more) had very beautiful games with even low poly characters looking detailed because of their large often animated textures.

It was boring shit. Pilotwings was a "mode-7" gimmick on the SNES, there was nothing significant to it and the 64 sequel doesn't have the advantage of being a technology showcase (in particular because it is ugly and has boring environments.)

The PS1 used shitty fixed-point values so all the vertices were confined to a fucking visible grid, the the texture perspective is so shit that barely moving the camera will cause all the vertices and textures to dance and shift.

What the fuck, how can anyone play this shit

because it's really not that bad.

yeah, it's not that bad if you're a goddamn fanboy or just you're too stupid to know any better

still not as bad as this guy and his quads
we get it, you don't want any existing programming methodologies to apply to your shiny new console

hope you enjoy your one good game and it's 500% encounter rate

Yes and in 1995 it still looked fucking amazing. Also it is possible to use floating point for tex coords if you dont use Sonys graphic libraries, which plenty of developers like Naughty Dog didn't. At the time when people saw how (relatively) high fidelity Crash looked compared to other shit they started a conspiracy theory that Sony gave Naughty Dog a secret library that unlocked the PSX's true power.

1995 was like 3 years ago you dumbass

w…was it?

I'm guessing the N64 was your first system.

I know much better than you do, don't be silly. I'm only a fanboy for Sega consoles and arguably, the original Xbox. Texture warping and vertex jittering isn't a big issue and doesn't look even a quarter as bad as you imply it does. From the way you type, it sounds like you've got some sort of intense passion about this, like it makes you angry that it was so successful despite the graphical issues.

irrelevant when the Saturn exists!

also don't forget the 64 did 2 passes that resulted in horrible blurriness. The anti-aliasing filter which did no favors to the low poly, low resolution textures or low resolution image, and the analog video out, which butchered the image tremendously. Nintendo foolishly removed RGB output with the 64.

>mom ded
>$100,000 in life insurance

yeah no shit I'm mad

It's not bypassing so much as simply using precalculated coordinates altogether, they also did their best to minimize issues with the lack of Z-buffer but that's another story.

Also now we have
>ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/

Uh huh, and all the flaws the N64 has just "disappear" because of your little story?

I told you, I had a fucking NES

The 3Dfx-enhanced version on GOG looks so much better than the PSX shit.
Though PC controller input is shit.

The PC version simply has better assets to work with and was designed with 800x600 resolution in mind when the PS1 is made for 320x240

Antimicro user.

Nope. The PC version had the same broken texture mapping as the PSX version and ran at 320x200, looking even more shit and without proper controller support (PC gameport = two axis and four buttons or use the keyboard, fam).
The 3Dfx patch upped that 640x480 with proper texture filtering at least.

To connect to the internet. I don't know if any games took advantage of that, or if it had a CD web browser like the dreamcast.

When I refer to the PC version I refer to the best one available (aka the one with the Glide hardware renderer), the software renderer was shit but that's pretty much the norm.

iirc it was just a WAP browser not real internet

The head of Sega of America at the time was such a fucking moron for not bringing over more games. THE DUDE WAS KICKED OUT OF SONY WHY WOULD YOU HIRE HIM!

The add on screen came seperate from the console, stupid niggers

Are you an employee of Nintendo of America, by any chance?

Isn't every version of Snatcher censored in some way?

Nintendo had more games in a 3D environment. PlayStation had a lot of games that probably could've just as easily run on 3DO. PlayStation was all right if you couldn't afford anything else, but you would've had missed very little with a Saturn or N64 and a graphics-accelerated PC.

Cartridges look absurd in hindsight, but PlayStation came after the PC Engine CD, the CD-i, Commodore CDTV and CD32, Sega CD, LaserActive, 3DO, and Jaguar CD. They also would've had to pay licensing fees to among others, their competition, so I can't fault their reasoning one bit, really.

The PC Engine version is the least censored, followed by the Sega CD version, the MSX2 and PC88 versions, and then the Saturn and PlayStation versions.

How do you pretend to 69?

I forgot to add that the Sega CD version works with the Justifier gun that was packaged with Lethal Enforcers.