I am so SICK, and TIRED of this SHIT

I am so SICK, and TIRED of this SHIT.

Studios force developers to make shit games to appeal to bigger audiences. Games are rushed out the door before finished to allow for drip feed of DLC, and day one Patches, to fix broken, or place in missing content. Games overall are pure, casualized shit.

There is nothing fucking good, OR fun to play anymore. I've played all the good games to death. I know quite literally every item placement in every STALKER game, played the mods to death, played both Morrowind and Daggerfall to death, and a litany of other decent games, and mods to go with them.

But it just won't stop. There are no good games left. This industry caters to people who have never PLAYED a good game, so they can just keep shoveling out shit at a high pace. SJWs force their Xirs, Thems, and other ' Gender Pronouns ' into translations, and games themselves.

Fuck, now I'm just rambling. I just want this shit to stop.

I JUST WANT VIDYA TO BE GOOD, AND FUN AGAIN.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?1nphyz9c4f13l9h
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you're so upset, why don't you just shoot up an EA office?

There we go again.
No, newer games are not worse than older ones, video games are just as great as they were 10 and 15 years ago. And I enjoy them just as much.
I can give you a huge list of recent games that I find great but you'll just greentext them with some hot opinions or nitpicking or just plain old "nope it's shit lol".
So I guess you keep digging backwards for older games, or quit this hobby altogether.

Ah, yes, the daily obligatory "I hate video games, why are all new games so bad" thread.

start making games. Thats what I'm doing.

I'm laughing like a retard

If there are any decent games you'd like to suggest, please, go ahead. As long as it's not a steaming pile of shit like No Man's Sky, I'll personally be glad for it.

Magnet links would also be a good push. :^) And I must agree with , top kek material on that picture.

Are you a double nigger or something? People go around doing that, that'll just make things worse.

Yeahwell, I still have no idea where to start on that. I have no skill with coding, modeling, or any of that shit. The most I have is years of playing vidya. Sucks mang.

How do you figure?

>>>/agdg/ is your answer

Thus I stopped making games. You need talent to come up with something original, realizing it is a question of dedication. I don't have such talent.

Judging from the OP he likes first person RPGs with open world.

I'm just looking for games. Space themed, RTS, FPS hue , even some sneaki breeki.

Last thing gaming needs right now is a nutcase shooting an office due to shitty vidya.

Ohboyherewegoagain.jpg

Welp, he's pretty fucked, then.

Have you considered emulation? It can open up entire worlds of new games for you.

But if you're dead, you won't be sad and bored anymore. It's kind of a total solution to your problem.

If you're gonna be a faggot who's solution to modern vidya sucking isn't making their own fucking game. Then you're fucking trash and might as well kill yourself. Don't complain about homeless people if you're not gonna build any shelters, faggot.

Profit motive killed creative thinking.

No need for emulation. I have most of the systems available to me. Guess that's what happens when you've been alive for twenty three years, and relatives in your family have been gaming since the Commodore. The only area of gaming I've missed is the PS3 and PS4 era, but a good bunch of the good PS3 era games I've already played at a friend's house.

It'll cause shit to get worse for everyone else, and frankly, I'm not the one who wants to bring things getting worse to fruition. Right now, they're moving at baby steps. The moment shit happens like your suggestion, they're going to up the ante, and up the pace.

Fine, I'll do it faggot. But you guys had best be able to put up with my long list of asinine questions that are sure to pop up.

Isn't there some new First Person RPG made by germans? I think there is even a thread about it somewhere.

And yes, I surprisingly love first person open world RPGS. The pain is real.

Enderal? It's just a Skyrim mod. A very, very good one that puts Bethesda to shame, but just a mod.

You have the systems, sure, but do you have all the games for them? Surely there must be some gems you've overlooked and are hard to get your hands on.

Played it to death. Played the oblivion mod by the same developers to death. Both were amazing in comparison to their base games. Very well made, balanced, and done, at least in my opinion.

But yes, I also have emulators loaded up on here for those. If only so many of today's emulators weren't shit. The technology we have today easily beats what some of the consoles these are emulators are based off of, had.

Fixed.

It's what happens when you let Jews gain influence over anything.

As much as I am for %100 Concentrated Orange Jews , you can't chalk it all up to them. Sure, few have their hands in the jar, but you can also chalk it up to a large amount of idea men, and a small amount of people who can actually BRING those ideas to fruition.

Then there are those developers just out to make a quick buck.

Wait, ain't that the definition of a jew? ;^)

Oh, you have? Nice. I really appreciate all of the effort the modders put into the environment. I haven't even gotten to Ark yet, but travelling around the southeast for the past 10 hours has been an incredibly pleasant experience, besides the wolves. Even on multiple return trips, there's always something new to find or some view to see.
Well, if you've got emulators as well, then we have a problem. The genres you specified aren't really doing too well at the moment, so looking to the past if your best option for those.

Production costs for making games have only went dramatically up for the last 10 years, it has very little to do with industry`s interests. It seems rather foolish to blame industry for the new generation of consoles and demand for higher graphics.

i can't tell if it's bait anymore

There are some genres that are more scarce than others, like first person RPG, but for every good old game you can find a similar newer game that is just as good, or even better.
Even NMS is basically better Noctis

Hell, I personally don't mind any genre, besides 4x, and driving. Haven't really been able to get into either of those, and the only ' Spread Sheet ' game I ever took after was EVE . And that grew tiring around the time that the goon front weakened, and they started scattering like little cockroaches.

Because game development staffs aren't concise and efficient. Bethesda, for example, fired their tenured 20+ year experience programmers during the oblivion development cycle and replaced them with interns.

The issue with this strategy, while it does save you on a per-worker basis, it strips away all expertise and creativity to have a cycling door of interns doing your production

It also means you need to have more workers than previously to even attempt to keep up with the productivity of actual experts, so now the staff size becomes insanely bloated.

This is what has happened to each and every major AAA development studio. There are no more john carmacks hidden in EA, Bethesda, Activision, Ubisoft, Sony.

Pfft. Hahahaha!
Name
Thing is, as long as devs kike customers out of costumes, paid unlockables and no longer do legit expansions the modern games will always be inferior.

4/10 made me reply.

I'm still rather pissed at Bethesda for this jewishness, especially after they killed embed related after the studio creating it refused to be strongarmed into a permanent merger.

One of the last games I was literally hyped for during development.

They're just the product of a system run by both Jews themselves and corrupt Jewish ideals.

some niche games are good, but that's always been true. AAA is a dumptruck of hot garbage.
oh.

>An ff better than 9
It's a close one, but XII_

This

Any previous ff is better than 9 tho.
Tekken 5 is basically tekken 3 with better graphics.
And Kof 13 is the absolute best kof to date. With 00 being second best.
3rd strike is the best SF, yes

Oh yes. If you don't look hard enough it's your fault.

I wish more game studios would show trailers that were representations of the game's features.

But really, this still hurts. This it's every bit of my most love genre. It would have been even better if you had to balance ammunition, and secondary items, needing to use money from your bounties to replenish them, forcing you to save items for later if they truly were not needed for the current bounty, simply because said items had a hefty price tag of perhaps a few bounties worth.

Production costs haven't gone up, they've gone down - it's now much cheaper to market and sell products to the point where even amateurs can author semi-decent games. If you hired someone to write Super Mario Bros today (same look and feel), it would be done a lot faster than in the past, the distribution and advertising costs would be closer to zero due to the internet and your devs and artists would be paid less than ever counting inflation.

I agree with you about the increased demand, but the games produced today are nothing like what they used to be but the price is still roughly the same, less if you count inflation. They're leveraging the lower production costs to cram more content and better graphics into games.

The reason I think we're seeing more crap is because lower production costs. Used to be games appealed to a more technically competent audience because their makers themselves were more technically competent. They created levels, mechanics and puzzles in games that appealed to people of their intelligence. Anything easier they probably would have thought condescending to their audience, so the games were fun and challenging.

Then came the lower production costs, so the process became democratized. Now all of a sudden making vidya is well within the grasp of lower IQ fools and they naturally can't produce anything smarter than themselves, so they produce garbage that appeals mainly to idiots who are challenged by trivial things.

The "creators" are less intelligent and so is their audience. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a full standard deviation drop in the average IQ of producers and consumers in this market.

I'm too old and stupid to make games.
But I really hope that Holla Forums's influence spreads far and wide. Even some normalfags are getting fed up with the state of vidya.
If that feeling spreads enough, one day we'll have a generation of game developers who know that vidya is shit, and want to make it great again.
Can you feel it? Can you feel the inevitable tidal wave?
It reminds me of Mister Rogers, actually. He said that he got into TV because he thought it was mostly garbage. Vidya will have the same thing. One day.

There are plenty of good games, you just need to look past your front door instead of just complaining about it. I am picky about what I play but there is still plenty of good shit out there.

Instead of bitching why not ask for some recommendations?

As I have no idea what you like I'm just going to list what I have been enjoying lately and you can either give them a go, ignore them because they don't interest you or you can be a faggot and bitch about my recommendations because you don't like them.

Squad: early access squad based FPS, plays a lot like old BF (1942 / Vietnam)
Cities Skylines: It's simcity but without EA fucking everything up, great modding community.
Stardew Valley: Harvest Moon clone that gets everything right, minor menu bugs, best played with controller.
KSP with realism overhaul and RP-0 modsets: Remember around 0.22 when Squad started listing to plebbitors and casualizing the game to cater to those of limited intellect? This fixes everything.

Development costs have actually gone down. Hotline Miami was made with the budget of a McDonald's dinner when if that game was made in the PS1 era it would have cost a pretty penny to develop.
Even for 3D games development has gone down because of free and open-source software and engines becoming more and more widely available. The extra cost of production comes from so many things I could(and almost did) write an entire thesis on it. But the big ones for production costs these days come from:
-The perceived need for Hollywood level performances from voice actors(sometimes they just get Hollywood actors) which is very expensive as it takes expensive talent and a lot of time(Which means spending more money on the already expensive talent).
-Marketing budgets being as big or sometimes bigger than the development budget
-An insistence on stuffing games with as much content as possible. Doesn't matter if it's meaningful content, AAA just wants to cram as much in there as possible. 60 guns in the game but only 24 of them are worth a damn? Doesn't matter, the art team got paid big money for the other 36.
-Muh graffix and what that means for devving. You'll often notice in many recent games that environments are seldom done through geometry anymore and the makeup of a game level is 30% level geometry and 70% prefabs. So level designers don't just make levels anymore. They have to wait on the art team to make all those prefabs they need that will make up 70% of the map.
And so much more than that. That's just me grazing the tip of the iceberg. But even that is pretty terrible.

There's liking old games done good, and there's being an elitist retrogaymer teen.

Not all ages are equal, just like people are themselves different. In example, there's no shame in admitting that you millennials are the shit of the earth and poison everything you touch.

So keep hating on the new shit, but only when it's actually shit without fear of being labeled a faggot when you don't agree with Reddit's top 10s. There's nothing sadder than a Holla Forumsirgin who can't admit he just likes fastfood (Halo), once in a while when he feels like being a pig after much good stuff (like Eroges and Train simulators).

I guarantee that you haven't finished your backlog. Even if I'm wrong, there's still so many games worth playing that have already come out that I know you're lying if you say you played them all.
Shut the fuck up, stop whining on Holla Forums, and play video games.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about using NuDoom as an example. Notice how almost the entire corridor segment there is prefabs and only that little bit of ground is actual level geometry.

One day, the shills will pay for their lies with their blood.

user. The argument is that there are newer, better games. Which is true if you don't count post 2007. Which is what the census in Holla Forums is. Any game post 2007 is just considered shit compared to any game pre 2007. It's not just because of nostalgia goggles but because kikery is very obvious. And you're examples are pre 2007. It makes more sense to say most games pre 2007 are better than games post 2007.

Then leave, otherwise open your eyes and see that while AAA is complete shit there are plenty of great games without $20m+ budgets.

Thanks reddit for the insightful post.

:^)

2k2UM and 98UM are pretty good though. Shame 2003 is bugged as fuck.

Nah, not really. Maybe five years ago, but the trickle has slowed to a drip at this point, and is nearly cut off completely.

SHILL

shill

SOLUTION!

we all go compltely FOSS

Yes. You won't share names of games you like because people will do a poor job of giving legitimate reasons why they suck. That's right. Better not give anyone a chance to prove you right. Better keep your taste in games a secret because nobody can explain exactly why your taste is shit and you are an idiot.

bump

Sure, if you're only looking at AAA and highly advertised games. The difference between now and 10 years ago is that a ton of good smaller studios were absorbed by giants like EA and Activision. The standard of games have changed because the core audience of games has changed to the masses. And now you can't just buy whatever off the shelf and expect a quality game.

I slipped into mainly staying with Japanese games on handhelds. Fighting games, roguelikes, RPGs, and TRPG games have started to become my niche. People may just write off many games as weebshit but some are surprisingly good; such as Dungeon Travelers 2, Rune Factory 4, or 7th Dragon III VFD.

You need to find your niche and stick to it or branch out and get into genres you never touched before. It doesn't have to be weebshit. Maybe grand strategy or fighters or even Visual Novels.

foss games are great too

(80% are shit) (20% are just WOW)

Flight of The Sages: a 2D space game that starts off kind of simple but as you keep going on and on in the campaign it adds all sort of sweet shit like being able to slow/stop time, ships that use tractor beams to pull/push enemy ships into hazards including a laser flail that you ship also comes equipped with, space races and hijacking big ass freighters and defending it from the pissed off original owners as well as space hillbillies getting too attached to their turrets. I'm afraid you'll have to find it yourself because the copy I used got taken off(fucking faggots reporting IGG uploads) but there is a reasonably long demo you can try out.

It's essentially a space themed naval ship game, because you move in a plane instead of a space. You can only pilot freighter class ships that come with broadsides, turrets and missiles(and I think some wingmen but I haven't played it in a while) and go to town on space pirates/cops. It had some M&B tier tech behind the hood like economies being affected by your actions and being able to find specific stuff in specific locations based on how a colony operates. Only problem it's kind of reptitive if you decide to grind your way into the best gear and proceed to destroy everything before they can touch you. Also has some sweet music(if you like dark country you'll love the game).
Magnet: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6ff6de402b6eef00c512a2dd88eac9c1be66a47e&dn=Rebel+Galaxy+%28GOG%29&xl=2107173307&dl=2107173307&tr=udp://9.rarbg.com:2710/announce

Afraid I have no idea what to recommend you, sorry.
For FPS I heard Wrack is somewhat decent though. And superhot is pretty neat and if you can stick around to the challenges you'll probably love it more then.
For RTS, if you haven't I suggest playing Medieval 2 total war and it's amazing selection of mods.

Superhot:D131AF53CC10CA9EF158F35493548345FC650B15
Medieval II(14 gigs, comes with the Kingdoms Expac):FE8DE3A917720E68E087BEFAA1B23BE643404059

If you mean by this stealth games…
Great stealth game, glad it's getting a sequel. Being a goblin Styx can scale lots of stuff meaning the maps are very vertical compared to other stealth games. Goblin difficulty makes combat near impossible, guards have decent AI(they can light torches and notice them being put out, woo) and you can play it full assassin or full ghost depending on your preference although full assassin will require you to put some points into it(no tree for ghosting, you start off with a good enough skillset for that). Also the relic hunting sidequest is pretty neat and the music is excellent. Hash:
CED086DDBA0394DB5E4261DD1F4545BAB46FCA3B

2D stealth game. Kill or be a ghost, you can fulfill some side objectives to get some suits catered to either playstyle and it works like a charm in either way, especially when you start getting night vision enemies and have to be creative with sound or just flare the niggers and get the hell out of dodge. Killing them you can be creative and hang their bodies which scares the shit out of their buddies and it's a blast to do. Unfortunately is a bit short and easy. Hash:
CFC961C3AC9265D317D345A861E766A8F723D79E

I hear mixed opinions on Shadwen, it has the same time stops when you stop gimmick as Superhot but I've yet to play it.

If you have more preferences please let me know then I could help you out more. Enjoy.

If it were so shitty, people wouldnt buy it, if it sell, they are doing something right.

Yes? If you're shit argument is to stop playing modern games, than I have done that. Plan to build a library solely on gen 6 and prior.
Now if you're arguing that I should not state an opinion on how shit gen 7 was and how shittier gen 8 is than go back to reddit you faggot.

I feel it's very similar to the music industry. Marginally less shallow consumers than those who only play AAA marketing-bombarded flavors of the month or listen top 40 wish the mainstream reflected their needs. They don't realize that as hipster as it sounds, the mainstream isn't company any self-respecting individual wants. "Wider audience" is a sure-fire death sentence for games and movies, why would you wish that on your favorite franchise or musician? Often times though, you'll see 13 year olds posting "I hate this pop garbage on the radio, these people should listen to Metallica or Nirvanna, real music." Still chart-topping garbage, they are just upset at worse examples of themselves selling better.
In video games, we have "League, Dark Souls and Overwatch are for real gamers, if you can't handle it, go back to Call of Duty."
It's not only okay to be in a niche audience, I honestly prefer it. Once you stop trying to get the mainstream to reflect your tastes, you stop worrying about whether or not "Games suck now."
Always keep looking for new things, and you'll certainly find better stuff. The game industry in all honesty hasn't been around for that long, give it time and there will be so many refined quality titles that will be too much for anyone's backlog. Look at how many "Must see films" there are from just one century of cinema history.

user. You do fucking know pet rocks were real right? And no that is not doing something right, that's exploiting your customers.

Oh wait, I forgot for FPS, Powerslave EX:

Saturn port of Powerslave. It's an old FPS set in ancient egypt where you go around collecting ancient artifacts for sweet powers. Higher jumps, higher lungs, powerful weaponry, etc, it's kind of a metroidvania. I love it but be warned it starts off kind of slow and it picks up when you start fighting enemies that aren't scorpions or mosquitos.
mediafire.com/?1nphyz9c4f13l9h

What kind of retard feels swindled by a pet rock? They sold a joke, people laughed and bought it.

bump for interest

Alright time to inject some reality

Yeah there's a reason for this. Most people won't buy a game unless it has a 100 million dollar marketing budget.

Lower budget games do come out nowadays but almost nobody hears about them or even cares if they come out. Games literally come out on Steam every day, some by actual studios, but barely anyone buys them. History has shown to these companies that it doesn't even matter how good the game is, as long as it looks pretty and has a lot of trailers and they can mass market the fuck out of it. It'll sell truckloads.

Mostly because publishers don't give a shit about PC. They tend to see it as just a piracy den

DLC makes shittons of money for these companies. It's why they push season passes so hard.

Here's the thing. Shitty games have always come out. The ratio with good games to shit ones has mostly remained steady since the 80s.

Rather because a lot of time has passed our memories become much more selective and we just remember the good ones and completely forget the bad ones.

There's plenty out there you just gotta relax and stop having absurdly high standards. If you expect every game you play to be the next Morrowind or STALKER you're going to be eternally disappointed.

History has shown this moves units. The Wii shipped an absurd amount of units entirely because it appealed to people who don't play video games.

Really I tend to see this as trying to avoid controversy. Since almost every big game ships with controversy now over how offensive it is.

Alternatively it can be seen as free marketing because people start talking about it.

So since we're asking about recommendations, does anyone know if the 3D Bionic Commando is any good? I'm playing through Rearmed right now and I adore it. Those secrets, the grappling, I just love every part of it.

Also are any of the TW's after Shogun 2 any good? Rome II, Atilla, Warhammer?

wow fuck you, you sound like a shill

It's not. It's linear as fuck and scripted. It was one of the earlier examples of a reboot of an older series that just fell on it's face. Everyone forgot about it too. Just like Alone in the Dark 2008.

Do you remember half of the games that came out in 2001? Or 2002? There were a huge amount of games that came out back then. I remember something like… 2 or 3. The only game that released in 2000 that I've played recently is Deus Ex.

Selective memory is a thing. Everything's better in retrospect and a lot of the time older games have a lot of emotional attachment to us because they remind us of that era of our lives. It's why Morrowind is notorious for being hated by players who have played Oblivion or Skyrim before it.

Here's the thing. Plenty of great games have come out in the last few years. You just have to not assume that every game should be perfect or should rival some game from your childhood in terms of quality.

Unfortunate, I hoped it would have been as good as Rearmed.

It was designed by this company called "Grin". Which was this Western developer. Capcom had some weird idea that people in the West only wanted to play games developed by Western developers. So they started outsourcing all of their big franchises to Western developers.

Grin later kicked the bucket and most of them went on to form Overkill which made Payday the Heist

But Grin is also the same company that made Rearmed, aren't they? And I think this strategy only worked with Rearmed and Strider 2014.

Some good games still pop up now and then, but you're mostly correct. It sucks, but I've already come to terms with the fact that the video game industry as a whole left me behind years ago and will only keep moving farther and farther away from me. The sooner you accept that fact, the sooner you can get over it. Not that you won't still feel that sadness that the golden age of games is long gone and is never coming back sometimes, that'll never go away, but you can move on.

Focus on older games you've never played before. There's more games out there than you could have possibly played. I've been playing games for 22 years and only just recently got into Dragon Quest and Megami Tensei, and there's still a lot of older titles I still need to look into. The Ys series, Illusion of Gaia, Seiken Densetsu, Grandia, Lunar, Breath of Fire, Lufia (a lot of fucking JRPGs, Jesus Christ), and a plethora of other games (not all RPGs) that I can't think of right now. I've been playing games I've never played before from the 80s-2000s (even some from this decade) for the last two years and really, I can keep this up for a long time before I finally run out of old games to play.

how big of a retard do you have to be to ask that? it's dumbasses like you gun owners have to fight tooth and nail these days for their constitutional rights.

Um, no. I always have the idea that a great game will always shine regardless of age. Anyone who says otherwise are casual faggots who are part of the instant gratification crowd. The reason I say this is simple. I have mostly given up on modern games and just building a library of gen 6 and prior games. Now I'm not buying games I loved as a kid, I'm after the games I over looked. About 10 games I did buy since I remember them but the rest are new. Here's something else to think about.
As a little shit kid I over-looked Monster Rancher 2. I tried than and didn't like it cause I had no idea what to do and any "fighting" was plain to me. Now going back, even when the graphics are not that impressive, I understand the meat and potatoes of the game. Instant gratification is not the goal of the game but patience. I put months behind that game and still play it. Great game that is practically the only series that does pet raising to such a degree. Or are you going to tell me there are better games and that it's just nostalgia for a game I disliked as a kid?

is it some sort of advanced meta shilling to trick people into having fun and playing video games on a video game board?

there are still enough fun games coming out to entertain me, it's too bad a handful of good looking ones are locked to consoles.
despite the blatant butchering i enjoyed bravely second, despite the shitty characters i enjoyed stardew valley.
there are also enough old games to keep me occupied, those lucas arts adventure games aged pretty well as did many roguelikes.
the games i'm really missing are flight sims and good run and guns.

digimon world and the more recent redigitize are worth checking out for games in the same vein. the only thing they really lack in my opinion are those map mazes.

Sad fact is, the good games from the 80's, 90's, and 2000's resulted because of conditions that can't be replicated anymore.

For example, in the 80's game development was still new and far from a science, so strange projects were undertaken even if that wasn't the company's goal. They simply didn't know what was easy money and what wasn't. Occasionally, you'll end up with games like Guardian Legend or Little Samson as a result.

But nowadays, games are so official they offer degrees in it. Companies have decades of consumer research to interpret, and so what sort of game produces the highest ROI is already a foregone conclusion (hint, it looks like Clash of Clans). Several more monetization schemes that weren't possible before are now very easy (DLC on consoles, free-to-play bullshit, subscriptions, in-game online ads, etc.).

So we have lots of game releases nowadays that turn a profit, but not very many that really break new ground. The only way I think this is going to be fixed is if FOSS game development becomes more common. I think that style of development is bit more resilient against marketing team shenanigans, but then again, maybe developers would start pandering for donations in the same way.

This is why we need more /agdg/ shit on here so we can make more fun games but right now it would be a matter of half the development team arguing about whether Unity is shit and then when they pick an engine, it's gonna take a long ass time to make anything worthwhile.

I'm currently making a simple roll-a-ball adventure game, I've spent 9 months on it, and I'm not even a 1/4 of the way done.

The only reason it cuts off at 07 is because that's when puberty kicked in for a very vocal and dumb subset of the posters here.

If you haven't found a game from the last decade you like, then you probably have depression.

(checked)

You know what I mean user, and yes digimon world is great but anything post ps1 is terrible…I fucking hate you Data Squad.

Don't mind me, just waiting for the procgen revolution where games will make themselves with fully interactive NPCs and new original quests spontaneously generated every day

too bad NMS's failure probably set back this dream by a decade

plus realtime raytraced graphics that are indistinguishable from reality

I know it's late to be saying this, but there is really no such thing as original. Storywise, everything has been done already, and done to death. It's the same thing I tell people who make characters for table top. It's been done before, and trying to make something original by twisting the trope for lack of a better word (making "iron man but poor" ) will result in something that is, at best, forgettable and at worst so bad you will wish it was forgettable. The same can be said of video games in both story and method.

Take splatoon, a reasonably fun third person shooter even with the ruthless Jap menace plaguing the game but what's original about it? At its most basic, gameplay wise it's a third person shooter, which has been done before, with some slightly unique movement mechanics (climbing on walls is something that's been in games for a while) with what basically amounts to a map wide territory battle in its simplest form coupled with the shooters being able to create hazardous territory for the other players and clothing that gives special abilities. While a lot of these have been done before, because it was mixed in an interesting way, it was well received gameplay wise. Even the story for the single player portion boiled down to "fighting for control of resources to continue survival for our people" a story that's been done to death, but because the story has characters with personality to them, that are pleasing to the eye and packaged in with the fun of the game, even as a glorified tutorial for the multiplayer it was considered by many to be an enjoyable experience. And for Fuck sakes, it's a ink shooting squid kid game.

So what I'm saying here, is that sure, it may "rip off" a game that you enjoy, gameplay wise, or even follow a similar story, but so fucking what? Everything has to start somewhere, and if it means you make games you and those you love enjoy go for it. Go ahead, rip off a hot female in battle armor flying around space, just make it fun as hell and inject some life into the thing.

It may not look like much but remember this is running in REAL TIME. As soon as some indies wake up to this and make something impressive looking you will soon see games use path tracing instead of polygon smoke and mirror bullshit, then we will see some real advancements.

and when you do run out of shit to play, just move on with your life. go outside. let's face it, vidya is rapidly dying, and the internet will become an unrecognizable Orwellian shithole a few years from now. you gotta psychologically prepare yourselves to live without these things. start reading books, pick up a sport, learn to hunt, get a dog, kill hookers, master an instrument, learn to fly a plane. there's so much other shit we could be doing right now.

There are only a few guns which would be an even worse choice for something like that.

I challenge you to name them.

Not him but I'll raise you an obrez

There's uhh butterlord, nier 2, and UT4

Boom that's three upcoming games that aren't casual babby garbage dogshit banana shitstain

A Derringer, a flintlock pistol, any kind of single-shot/double-barrel rifle, .22 pistols and air rifles are a few that I can think of.

a musket

naah, revolver is shitter.

bump for OP

alright bitch. a pellet gun. say something now, i'll smack you.

not a real gun

sounds like your problem is you just play shitty western games. maybe try something good for once.

Anyone who falls for this needs to leave

a shotgun with mini-marshmallows instead of buckshot

I don't think I'd trust someone hyping ut4 and bannerlord lmao

The bullets are the problem, not the gun.

What about Cuphead? Anything bad about it?

a shotgun with a mini-marshmallow instead of the hammer

Chromatic aberration.
It better be just an option.

No modifications allowed

apparently it is an option, but hope for the best it is

a shotgun built from the ground up to be made from entirely mini-marshmallows

I TOLD YOU NO!

a slingshot with orange tips to identify that it's a non lethal play toy, but it has the indestructible power of a thousand marshmallows per nanosecond

Even a weak impact as that of a marshmallow accumulated over as fast a rate as one per picosecond would be the most powerful weapon on earth.

Currently on a 3D fighting game kick. About to play Goiken Miyou - Anarchy in the Nippon for the Sega Saturn. It looks pretty slick and it's made by ex Virtua Fighter devs so it should be pretty good.

Pinball games too are surprisingly fun. Alien Crush and Devils Crush for the TG16 are my current favorites.

Devs confirmed awhile ago that you can turn it off

They also confirmed a linux and OSX release shortly after the Windows/bone release.

Half of those things if not all will be illegal by then, and by going outside I'd just get gunned down by muslim terrorists. Videogames are my only escape from this shithole of a planet and now they're taking that away too.

That is the worst idea ever. One of the only decent things about our modern time is that we are currently moving towards the point where face to face human interaction will be completely optional.

I meant Muyou, derp.

I hate to tell you this, guy. But the translation team is confirmed SJW shills who will utterly rewrite the script to push turning 5 year old boys into 5 year old girls and whatever other crazy bullshit they're into. We're not getting NieR: Automata, we're getting crazy gender monologues with robots written by an entire team of women with florescent hair. They'll probably rewrite whole sections of the game where the robots are like "I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN BUT SOMETIMES A MAN BUT I AM A ROBOT SO MAYBE I'M A DEMIQUEER BIGENDERED AGENDER?" and such. Hope you know how to read Nip.

All of this screams you not being able to search through the sea of shit.

It must be pretty gay to be a lazy gaijin that has to rely on numales and trannies to translate his nipponese games.

There are a few thousand games and an infinite universe. You think those thousands of game contain all the possible combination of plots, mechanics and circumstances? You're just victim of the bias that comes from being stupid and unable to look at a media objectively.

Please tell me you're not one of those Roguelike loving faggots. Every single Indie game I see being released has the same randomly generated permadeath diceroll bullshit, they're all awful.

EA will just spin it as the shooter was a homophobic and hated our incredible LGBT policies which we totally didn't implement because of success of The Sims franchise (and it's sexual openness) and look like hypocrites instead of EA making more low quality games over the years.

If you think that wouldn't happen, remember they used homophobia as a shield when they got the Golden Turd award for being voted ''worst company in America . . ." TWICE.

Isn't this game sometime described as being like Metroid Prime before Prime even existed?

That's not the point.
The point is to remember that originality is not all its cracked up to be, and that un-originality does not automatically mean a game is shit.
Hell, you could call original Doom a Wolfenstein clone and be reasonably correct.

I'm talking about stories in general, cock sucker. You think your special snowflake story is original? It isn't. It may have some minor variation, but eventually your story of a orphaned kid being trained to fight by some old wizard and eventually confronting the evil king will be considered a rip off of star wars by some group of Holla Forumsirgins. Again, it's not about your "OH SO ORIGINAL" ideas and mechanics, it's how you use them. Sure in an infinite universe you will more than likely never be able to have every single combination ever. And honestly, if the "18 Fuhfillion billion" planets is anything to go by, if you procedurally generated every single combination you would maybe get 1 decent game out of 100,000 varying grades of shit.

But no one should want shit, you should, want games that are at least entertaining or passable in the story department, at least to keep you into the game but most of all it should be fun.

Of course, that's not accounting for retards like you who think pointing out no story or even gameplay mechanics is actually original (not that this is a bad thing, IF IT IS DONE RIGHT) is somehow not objective.

You might see little tweaks to mechanics, maybe a new way to move, or having your movements hindered for the sake of realism (to make shooters an example), but no matter how much chrome, flora, or dirt you slap onto your environments, you're still going to have a shooter. And again, while you can slap as many or as few mechanics in the name of originality, it's not going to mean shit if you don't make it fun. Again, look at nu male's sky, for all the hype on procedural generation of all those combinations, 90% of it was shit the other 10% was covered in so much shit people will never find it,nor most of the combinations. It's "originality" in its worst form. So much of it as to be entirely forgettable beyond the worst abominations and those so terrible the makers will want to forget them, with so many more never being seen. That's why quality trumps quantity in terms of video games. Procedural generation works, but only so far and in certain cases as long as quality controls are in place. Moderation would be the best word here. Video games should be fun, and not about being original. If you can take a trope like space bounty hunters, and make it fun and story immersive with interesting characters, who cares at that point if it draws inspiration from Cowboy Bebop or other shows and movies?

I'll keep an eye out for them. Thanks mang.

Depends where OP lives. Maybe Ubisoft would be a better choice…or Konami?

"No one has thought of it yet therefore it cannot exist"

The silliest of all fallacies. Every generation thinks that they lie at 'the end of History'. They were wrong and so are you. You have no ability to fathom the true extent of combinatorial explosion.

And what's worse is the more people like you propagate this fallacious argument the more it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy as people stop trying altogether.

tldr kill yourself plix

You are a fucking idiot. No where did I say that it cannot exist because it hasn't been thought up before. I'm saying that everything has already been thought up because at their most base levels stories all follow extremely similar patterns. Dune may be a fantastic story and series, but at the end of the day it's still about a boy having to become a man. Theres an entire galaxy and the monopoly of a resource necessary for space travel at stake, but it's basic form is growing up. It has been done before, but because of the personal spins (heavy amounts of intrigue, science fiction, the dangers of Dune and dealing with them) it becomes a story of its own. Now where the Fuck in that did I say it cannot exist because it hasn't been thought up?

And I already addressed the "combinatorial explosion". I already pointed out most of those combinations in game mechanics would end up being shit. There may be 100,000s of thousands of combinations, but mixing them all up would reveal most of them to be God awful. That doesn't mean don't try to experiment, but don't be surprised when you're so dedicated to finding something that is, "Sooo original" that your game ends up shit.

Which leads me to the main point of my argument. REGARDLESS IF THERE IS NOTHING TRULY ORIGINAL, THAT DOESN'T MEAN NOT TRYING TO MAKE A GOOD VIDEOGAME. You could have the most generic game in the world but it wouldn't mean shit if it was fun. And that means not focusing on what can make it original but what makes it fun.

Hopefully the third time explaining this shit to you will be enough.

get on with the times grand dad. Video games are getting better and better but you would rather have some shitty 16 bit garbage with no story.

obviously you didn't understand my post nor do you understand combinatorics if you think 100,000s of thousands (sic) of combinations is 'large', it is a microscropic drop in the bucket. In the space of concepts understood by an aborigine tribe alone (roughly 500-1000 concepts) the number of combinations of them together is the cardinality of their powerset, that is more than the number of stars in the universe.

Your 'explanations' are meaningless regardless of how many you make since they are predicated on a flawed premise.

The irony is that you think quantity of arguments outweighs quality, which is exactly the thing you are arguing against!

Please go drink some bleach and cease this propagation of idiocy before you embarrass yourself further.

This is bait.

Look to the smaller companies and indies (not pink mustaches) trying to grab onto niches willing to shell out the money.

Don't even waste your time with the old industry that wants to grab onto the masses of casuals.

shit thread

Looks like shit.

Some of you guys are alright.

Don't log on Origin tomorrow.

My bum is on the cheeeeese XD

Once cossacks 3 comes out this september I will at least know I have 10 years worth of good gaming

good bump for good thread